Quote of the year

posted at 9:30 pm on December 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

I’m going to make you vote this one out, but feel free to suggest your own in the comments. Happy new year to Hot Air readers everywhere!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Joe Wilson – being proven correct is bitter sweet.

Dr Evil on January 1, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Douglas Brinkley, Joe Wilson is a Racist.

Dr Evil on January 1, 2010 at 11:59 AM

indypat on January 1, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Thanks, and Happy New Year to you too! I think Obambi inspires us–to make sure we never forget. I was asleep at the wheel (somewhat) during the Bush years–never again. We need to hold our elected reps to the standards that they are supposed to maintain. We owe it to our children, and our children’s children…

lovingmyUSA on January 1, 2010 at 12:03 PM

I chose “I won.” because I think it is indicative of the way POTUS has behaved all year. It is not about the American people, it is about him. Everything he has done all year has shown that he feels that way.

Joe Wilson was my second choice. He was rude, but right.

armygirl on January 1, 2010 at 12:08 PM

CapedConservative on January 1, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Can’t imagine it would be worse! Pelosi would just be in charge for real instead of defacto! She wouldn’t have the advantage of being the politically correct skin color!

dhunter on January 1, 2010 at 12:16 PM

I think, “I won,” sums up the whole Obama view-down-his-nose toward the rest of us who aren’t him.

“Let me be clear,” is a great tell when he is fixin to lie to us again,
“I hope he fails,” symbolizes how our friends on the left are willing to distort and spin any criticism whatsoever,
“A strong B+,” is a great example of his arrogance,
“The system worked,” and, “Hide the decline,” were great examples of the larger problem of liberal denial of common sense,
but “I won” best sums up the damage the damage being done to our liberty and our nation as a whole.

Tom_OC on January 1, 2010 at 12:24 PM

I only disagree with “You lie!” because it didn’t come from the Messiah.

n0doz on January 1, 2010 at 12:35 PM

OH MAN, TOUGH CHOICES!!!

voxpopuli on January 1, 2010 at 12:57 PM

OH MAN, TOUGH CHOICES!!!

voxpopuli on January 1, 2010 at 12:57 PM

True but don’t dither it’s a bad habit to get into :)

Dr Evil on January 1, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Obama’s Straw Man needs to have a quote up there.

Mojave Mark on January 1, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Well, I’d vote for “death panels” but seeing as it isn’t an option, “You lie!” is a close, related second.

I’m also fairly fond of “The Cambridge police acted stupidly.”

NoLeftTurn on January 1, 2010 at 1:23 PM

The most lasting quote will be “hide the decline.”

RBMN on January 1, 2010 at 2:11 PM

The most lasting quote will be “hide the decline.”

RBMN on January 1, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Yeap, which is why I went with it.

jarodea on January 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I was asleep at the wheel (somewhat) during the Bush years–never again.

lovingmyUSA on January 1, 2010 at 12:03 PM

No disrespect, but you weren’t at the wheel – Bush was! We’re all in a big, noisy back seat, though.

Sowell Disciple on January 1, 2010 at 3:26 PM

You lie – because it embodies everything Obama says and does.

redwhiteblue on January 1, 2010 at 3:31 PM

It simply must be “I won.” Those two words explain the entire Charlie Foxtrot that was 2009.

TubbyHubby on January 1, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I had to go with “Let me be clear” for the sheer frequency of it. Besides, it’s his “tell” that he’s lying through his teeth.

tom on January 1, 2010 at 3:37 PM

“I Won” told us what he really, really thot about hope, change and bi-partisanship. Don’t like it? Too bad, he won. What a putz!

AH_C on January 1, 2010 at 3:41 PM

“There are Those…,” the President’s legendary straw men who seem to tee up every imaginary attack on what is, after all, only Logical and Just and Fair.

And unprecedented, too.

DarthBrooks on January 1, 2010 at 5:28 PM

I’m always impressed with a politician who tells the truth and no one did that better that Joe Wilson!

flytier on January 1, 2010 at 5:52 PM

death panels

toenail on January 1, 2010 at 7:26 PM

I voted for “You Lie”. Truer words have never been spoken. I have it on a t-shirt!

milwife88 on January 1, 2010 at 8:03 PM

canopfor on January 1, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Yesterday while on the road, I kept hearing these news updates saying that “precedent” zero was expecting a preliminary report “on his desk”. So, I’m thinking… what desk? The man is in Hawaii on the beach. Obama… All show, all blow.

Key West Reader on January 1, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Key West Reader: Ya,isn’t it amazing how they frame Obamas
competency on AM Talk Radio(assuming that
was the frequency you were on),top of the
News hour spot!!:)

canopfor on January 1, 2010 at 9:41 PM

canopfor on January 1, 2010 at 8:11 AM
———————

Good morning, Happy New Year! I hope you and you wife had a good at your party.

Cindy Munford on January 1, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Cindy Munford: And a Very Happy New Year to you as well
Cindy,yup,enjoyed myself,tend to be a little
less partyish as one gets older,I hope your
New Years evening was good to you as well!:)

canopfor on January 1, 2010 at 9:46 PM

“I won.”

Everything else flows from that simple statement of fact.

tsj017 on January 1, 2010 at 11:29 PM

That was AWESOME!

I didn’t know SNL did WhiteHouse.Gov skits.

nationspatriotcom on January 2, 2010 at 3:07 AM

So many choices. Although “You lie” is the easiest to roll off the tongue, “hide the decline” is the game changer, with far reaching (good) consequences.

MNHawk on January 2, 2010 at 7:26 AM

After watching his “Happy New Year” greeting, I’m left wondering just how my feelings about this man, a justly-elected President whose success symbolized a watershed in all of Western Civilization politics, went from respectful ambivalence to outright disgust.

I can’t watch him talk without being angered by his condescending gestures and self-indentured professorial mannerisms that imply his superiority when he clearly must be speaking to someone other than intelligent, hard-working, tax-paying Americans. I can’t listen to him talk without resenting his clipped phrases that brook no discussion or consideration of any other outlook than the one he is promoting–and he doesn’t feel the slightest need to use any persuasive effort to convince us. I can’t listen to him explain his logic on any topic without pointing out his faulty premises and misplaced priorities, and if he is for once offering me a benign statement like “Happy New Year”, I’m sure it’s only another unprecedented ploy to look like he’s actually doing something, well, benign, for once.

Happy New Year, Mr. President: My New Year’s goal should be the same as yours–to pass a better country to our kids. Therefore my goal this year will be to stop you at everything you intend to do that isn’t, well, benign.

Have A Benign New Year. For you, that will be unprecedented.

rwenger43 on January 2, 2010 at 7:25 PM

“It is important though to recognize if we keep on adding to the debt, even in the midst of this recovery, that at some point, people could lose confidence in the U.S. economy in a way that could actually lead to a double-dip recession.”

~ Barack Obama (November 18, 2009)

Really, Barry? Ya think ?

RedPepper on January 3, 2010 at 7:26 PM