Prayers for a friend

posted at 8:48 am on December 31, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Yesterday’s news that Rush Limbaugh was hospitalized in serious condition with chest pains produced a wide variety of political responses, which is entirely to be expected.  After all, we know politics ain’t beanbag, and Rush is as tough as they come in this business.  Anyone who outboxes not one but two Presidents over a twenty-year career doesn’t need anyone expressing outrageous outrage over the fact that some people don’t like him and won’t wish him well under any circumstances, and I’d bet that doesn’t bother Rush one single bit anyway.  (Besides which, it’s a common problem on both sides of the political divide, and we all know it.)

I have a different perspective on Rush, based on our very first interaction, which had nothing at all to do with politics.  Rush allowed me to share this story over three years ago when it happened, and I’d like to share it with Hot Air readers now while asking them to pray for a speedy recovery for Rush.

====

June 18, 2006
A Correspondent To Thank

I have received many e-mails and comments on my back injury and recuperation from [Captain's Quarters] readers, giving me their personal stories and advice based on their own experiences, and I have found all of it tremendously helpful. I have been grateful for all of the correspondence, but I would like to acknowledge one correspondent whose personal story and outreach to me touched me very deeply, especially considering his experiences with his own difficulties.

I wrote last week about the excruciating pain that the disc rupture caused and the painkillers that doctors prescribed to ease the situation. Some of you wrote to caution me about Vicodin and Percocet and their addictive qualities. One person in particular wrote to me about his own addiction, and in particular gave me solid advice on physiological conditions that would indicate an addictive response from my body. Given the very public nature of his addiction, his note had one hell of a lot of impact on the decisions I have made this week.

That man is Rush Limbaugh.

I know that some people think that conservatives all take orders from Rush, but we’re really not that lucky. I have corresponded with Rush’ staff on a couple of occasions where they wanted to quote my blog — they are extremely scrupulous about asking permission — but other than that, I have never written directly to Rush nor him to me. He read my post and wanted to make sure that I took precautions with pain medication in order to avoid the problems that he faced in very public (and very overblown) fashion.

It takes a special kind of person to reach out in those circumstances to a man unknown to him just to help protect that man from a danger he might not see. That correspondence informed my decisions in the hospital to hold down my pain medication and to transfer to Ibuprofen as soon as possible. I’ve been fortunate; my pain since the surgery has allowed me to rely on the over-the-counter analgesic instead of the Vicodin and Percocet. Had I never heard from Rush, I might not have had the discipline to make that decision.

All conservative writers and radio hosts, even those who do radio as a hobby and political writing as an avocation, owe a professional debt to Rush for his pioneering efforts in creating and expanding the market for conservative communications. I owe a very personal debt to Rush — and I thank him for his thoughtful and timely personal advice.

=====

As I said before, politics is a tough business, and we all sometimes fall into the trap of making arguments personal.  We often forget that the people we either hail or deride are human beings, with virtues and foibles not unlike our own.  I offer this not as a remonstration to anyone, but just as a way to give people a personal perspective on a man who has become a friend and a mentor over the years, and whose generosity and spirit may not be as widely known as his opinions.  Say a prayer for Rush and for his family, and if you can’t do it for the political commentator, do it for the friend.

Get well soon, Rush.

Update: A commenter rightly points out that the “heart attack” was an early assumption, not confirmed.  I’ve edited the first paragraph accordingly.

Update II: Tommy Christopher notes the good, the bad, and the ugly of the response so far.  Again, this is a problem which plagues both sides of the political divide, and Tommy’s piece takes a fair look at it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I am very shocked to hear about Rush’s illness. I am praying for his swift recovery and prompt return to EIB’s Golden Microphone. This country needs “RUSH” more than ever. Not hearing his voice on the Radio is unthinkable and UNACCEPTABLE. ( PERIOD )!!!!!

deeshant48 on December 31, 2009 at 4:31 PM

LOL … Rush is just TEASING the Liberals the same way Cheney does every few months with his hospital stints. ;)

Trust me – Rusty will be around for at least another 20 years and … you can bank that.

HondaV65 on December 31, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Thanks for posting this, Ed.

Get well soon Rush!

Texyank on December 31, 2009 at 4:34 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Oops! Wikipedia Pronounced Rush Limbaugh Dead

OmahaConservative on December 31, 2009 at 4:35 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to the incomparable, legendary El Rushbo for a speedy and complete recovery.

Godspeed, my good man, Godspeed!

Sweet_Thang on December 31, 2009 at 4:37 PM

The Evil Liberal Mind

Evil Liberals Want Rush Limbaugh Dead! Here Is Why! http://ow.ly/Rsai

Nearly Nobody on December 31, 2009 at 4:49 PM

DaveS on December 31, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Hey Dave….Rush is a radio talk show host, a T.A.L.K. S.H.O.W. Host, that’s it, his success is based purely on how many listen to him, just listen…he affects no change, he votes on nothing ill or good, he represents no one but himself, and he has not sworn an oath to uphold the constitution….
Kennedy is an elected representative that conspired with the enemy, he has fought as a representative of the people, against the people, he was an elected official that actually killed someone, then used his power to cover it up, he molested women, and used his power to cover it up…he was a insidious ELECTED official, that did little to “uphold” the constitution…Rush never killed anyone, get it now.
You are comparing a radio talk show host with a powerful Senator…you get your priorities messed up. Let me say it again, Rush is just a radio talk show host, he has no power, no vote, no office, he doesn’t pass any bills…he just talks.
Change the channel and you don’t have to worry about Rush…Ted had to die before we could stop worrying about him…

right2bright on December 31, 2009 at 4:50 PM

God bless you, Rush. We look forward to hearing good news about your speedy recovery and clean bill of health. The nation needs your clear-eyed thinking and sunny optimism.

onlineanalyst on December 31, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Don’t any of you worry, I’ll keep comin to ya on an airwave road
I’ll again be knockin’ that hypocrite Obama with a red white and blue maximum load
And when I prance out of that hospital and knock him again you’ll really see something
So dont worry cause I’m Rush and I am coming

Listen up America!
Im Rush man

I got what I got the capitalist way
And I’ll keep taking it to that phony Messiah in each and every way
So American dont you at all fret
Cause you’ve hardly even seen me knockin that double talking empty suit yet

Play it Snerdley baby!

Listen
I’m all wrapped up in the things America needs
I learned how to be an American almost before I could eat
I come from hearty American heartland stock
When I kick Obama’s skiny ass yet again things will really rock

Im Rush man
Take that you socialist supportin’ elitist Marxist nut!
Im Rush man

I’ll keep grabbing your minds and pulling you in
Give you and God’s furry creatures even more hope and be their and Americas best friend
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Youre a Rush man!
Im Rush man!!!

MB4 on December 31, 2009 at 5:00 PM

TMZ new low, they have a poll asking get well soon? yes or no..

disgusting

aebloo on December 31, 2009 at 5:14 PM

DaveS on December 31, 2009 at 3:37 PM

right2bright on December 31, 2009 at 4:50 PM

YOU’RE AWESOME R2B!! You aced Dopey Dave right in the meats!

Gob on December 31, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Rush should have been given the Nobel prize he was nominated for, just for being right about liberals.

But then, being nominated and not receiving the Nobel prize is a badge of honor.

As is aptly demonstrated on this thread, liberalism is an infectious disease, more accurately…Zomberals.

Speakup on December 31, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Get well soon Rush. Nobody does it better than you buddy!

Metanis on December 31, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Give me a break. Its not like the D’s have have exclusivity on spewing bile.

rjl1999 on December 31, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Ah, but the sanctimony from the libs (and not all D’s are libs) is amazing. You’ll hear plenty from me about Obama’s policies, but never an ill-wish (other than that he lose the next election) from me. Here we have wishes that Rush’s pacemaker fail (or that pacemakers never have been invented in the first place), or comparisons of Rush with a blue whale (ignoring the fact that uber-lib Michael Moore already has a lock on that comparison ;-) ).

unclesmrgol on December 31, 2009 at 5:40 PM

My husband rushed in around midnight last night and said: “Say a prayer…. Rush Limbaugh’s in the hospital.” I’m glad that our prayers have been answered and El Rushbo is on the mend.

Of course I think he’s an important political force, but it’s more than that: I’m pretty sure I qualify as a Rushbaby…. maybe not, but I’ve been listening to him since I was 7 years old. You listen to someone pour their soul out for that long, you start to think of them as a personal friend. Remember how you felt when you found out Steve Irwin died? Yeah, it would be like that, only worse.

Animator Girl on December 31, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Not one word from the the small chartreuse elliptical balls. Not one. Guess he didn’t want to spend the day deleting foul comments from his new friends.

princetrumpet on December 31, 2009 at 5:44 PM

I’m beginning to be a little concerned that there hasn’t been an update today- anywhere. No information about any tests, or possible release. Rush and his people have to know how concerned his 20 million+ listeners are!

anniekc on December 31, 2009 at 6:15 PM

DaveS on December 31, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Congratulations Jiminy Cricket, I hope it was worth the wait and that your are enjoying yourself.

Cindy Munford on December 31, 2009 at 6:16 PM

LGF was finally quietly removed from the Left Channels on the Home Page. Two things that confirm you’re an extremist Left Leaner: 1) you leave in the vicinity of Santa Cruz/Berkeley, and 2) when you issue a story you do it with nastiness and vileness. It’s not just Rush these people talk about.

Get well soon, Rush!

Sultry Beauty on December 31, 2009 at 6:19 PM

As someone on another site said, TMZ is an Obama fellator. I am not surprised at their poll. They are the ones that harassed Palin during her Hawaii trip. (While Nancy gets 100% privacy.)

chris999 on December 31, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Does cardiovascular disease run in Limbaugh’s family?

Perhaps when Rush gets back to FL, he can chill out with Coach Meyer.

————–

Get better Rush, as the world just wouldn’t be the same w/out you. I’ve been listening for ~20 years, and while I b-tch about this and that from time to time, talk radio [which you built] just would be shattered if you don’t beat this. You overcame your hearing degeneration, and I have no doubt you can overcome this.

toliver on December 31, 2009 at 6:59 PM

A lot of sanctimonious outrage at lefty commenters here. When many here were cheering at news of Ted Kennedy’s brain tumor, making tasteless jokes about it, and often actually wishing for his death, I said that I would remind everyone of it the next time someone on our side of the aisle fell ill. So, that’s what I’m doing.

DaveS on December 31, 2009 at 3:37 PM

The only problem is, kid, that we can cite MANY more examples of the Left joyous when right wingers get sick and/or die than you can cite examples of us doing the same to people on your side. In fact, you’ve only been able to come up with one example, Ted Kennedy. Just off the top of my head, I can come up with at least 5-Strom Thurmond, Ronnie Reagan, Dick Cheney, Tony Snow, and now Limbaugh. The way the Left treated Snow’s colon cancer, in particular, was especially hideous.

And unlike those examples I cite, the one you cite had given those who didn’t like him plenty of ammo-he was rewarded by the Democrat Party and his brain-dead constituents for criminal and near criminal behavior, including negligent homicide as well as assorted sexual escapades, including the infamous waitress sandwich with Democrat Chris Dodd, and misleading authorities when his nephew was accused of rape. He bought his way out of all of his troubles, and the people of Massachusetts re-elected him right after the Chappaquiddick accident with 62% of the vote.

Limbaugh and Tony Snow and Cheney were hated by the Left for their ideas. Kennedy was hated by the Right for his criminal actions. I am in no way advocating the comments by the Right cheering Kennedy’s death, but your inability to see the difference between his behavior and the behavior of Tony Snow is either the result of your being awfully stupid, awfully naive, awfully young, or all of the above.

Del Dolemonte on December 31, 2009 at 7:10 PM

No news. Spoke with my wife the nurse again (works in cardiac). She says since there was nothing official about a heart attack, just chest pains, she said it could be any number of things. Especially since he has been having severe back problems.

JellyToast on December 31, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Liberals are evil and just wrong. Seriously.

Narutoboy on December 31, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I don’t draw a lot of moral equivalence between those that make the world a better place, and those that try to do the opposite at breakneck speed. I don’t think adults, and by that I mean people over 35, have a heck of a lot of excuse being in and around politics professing all the wrong ideas. If they are not there for service, they should not be there at all.

People in the media are certainly not anywhere near as accountable, because people can freely choose to listen to them or not. So if one believes in free enterprise, if someone wants to sponsor your show, you’ve got the mic.

I believe everyone has a soul, but some out there have hidden their agenda from the public while supposedly serving the public. RUSH LIMBAUGH never put on such pretensions because if anything, he made any hidden part of himself bigger than life, like the all-seeing, all-knowing, all-feeling Maha-Rushie. Don’t we all have that sort of inner child wishing it had a venue to let it soar free? Of course! Rush is being Rush, only moreso. Rachel Maddow at least gets that, and probably wishes like hell she could do something similar, but her TV show isn’t in syndication, so she has to stifle.

But then there are the Axelrods, Emmanuels, Gibbs’s and Obamas… people who have huge agendas, have everything to hide to get those agendas put over on the unsuspecting public, and are the antithesis of upright.

We need the Limbaughs of this world, and plenty more of them. And they are out there. Rush is that ice-breaker ship that clears the waters for many to follow, and there are many who are ready to steer our nation back to prosperity and freedom and liberty. Maybe someday, we’ll see a person like that elected to a national office.

Meanwhile… GET WELL RUSH. We just love you as that person who wants to make the world a better place to live in and has proved it, “on a daily basis.”

God bless Rush Limbaugh.

Danzo on December 31, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Has anyone searched Chris Matthews for CO2 pellets?

mad saint jack on December 31, 2009 at 7:52 PM

I think it is amazing how so many of us prayed for Rush and our prayers were answered despite the evil trolls and libs that wished harmful and hateful things on our Mobfather. You all here and my Facebook friends were amazing as nearly all of us had the same reaction and immediately went into prayer mode.

God bless all the kindness here by my fellow Hot Air posters and God Bless Rush and his family.

Wishing you all a Blessed Happy New Year.

PS-Ed, thank you so much for the touching post. I have had to take pain meds since having a pancreas surgery when I was only 34 and I can’t stand when I take it. God Bless Ed Morrisey for always keeping us informed well and for his moving pieces like this. I am still touched by the one you did on Christmas from The Nativity with the Amy Grant song. It meant a lot to me.

margategop517 on December 31, 2009 at 8:41 PM

CALL FOR ACTION!!!!!

The website ‘The Post and Email’ has recently begun a drive to petition the state of Hawaii for Zero’s BC.

As a result of this petition US ISP’s have decided to stop offering their services to the Post & Email.

The Post & Email needs $10K in donations by Jan 6th to fund a move to an overseas secure dedicated server. If they do not meet this goal they will have to cease existence.

Please spread this message, and donate if you can.

Mr Purple on December 31, 2009 at 8:46 PM

DaveS on December 31, 2009 at 3:37 PM

From this right wing extremist, I never wished him ill health, never wished him dead, I did not take pleasure in his illness, I wished him well. IMHO, the worst thing you could wish on this man, and I did, was a political defeat, for the voters of his state to vote him out of office.

Teddie was allot of things, most, negative from my perspective, but I never have, nor ever will, wish poor health, or death, on my fellow American, regardless of political leaning.

DaveS, grow up a bit, realize that life is sacred, live, and hope that all do the same, you may not like their opinions, so what, wish those that you disagree with well, it makes you more of a man, it makes you human.

M-14 2go on December 31, 2009 at 9:07 PM

CALL FOR ACTION!!!!!

Please spread this message, and donate if you can.

Mr Purple on December 31, 2009 at 8:46 PM

OOooooooooohhhhhh ! Those racist birfers !! D’ooooooohhhhh!!!

/Lib-Rino filter off

cableguy615 on December 31, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Has anyone searched Chris Matthews for CO2 pellets?

mad saint jack on December 31, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Frankly, in my world Chris Matthews doesn’t even register.

highhopes on December 31, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Rush,

Get well soon!

TN Mom on December 31, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Many Prayers for Rush!

It’s truly disgusting to have read remarks from liberals, they truly are a screwed up breed, from so many who point & spew at simple acts like words from Trent Lott, or a pregnancy from Palin, and humor from Kramer,..truly the incest breed of -do as I say, not as I do-!

christene on January 1, 2010 at 2:42 AM

Aloha Rush. We are praying for you.

alohapundit on January 1, 2010 at 4:34 AM

Happy Blue Moon New Year, Rush!

Sometimes, REST is just what the doctors order for your vacation. We’re glad to know you’re on the up and up, getting well and feeling better.

Here’s hoping that your hospital bed has a beautiful view, that your nursing attendants are good to you, and that you’re back out soon in the warmth of the glowing sun!

Did you chuckle, hearing yesterday’s show, when your guest host asked Kay Bailey Hutchison if she would support any form of PROFILING in order to avert terrorism in America? She ducked for cover as if an IED went off. Far be it for her to do ANYTHING beyond enabling Washingtonian powers to squash Texan spirit while she stands aghast and appalled. Hopefully, you’ll dig into why Cheney endorses the ol’ rag doll KBH, turning screws to oust the fiscal conservative Gov.Perry who dared once to say that GWBush was not a fiscal conservative.

So much to cover this year! Russia’s Father Frost and 82-year-old lady helper were arrested and dragged away from their Christmas Tree peaceful protest while pro-Kremlin activists danced the night away.

Take it easy for now and soak in those warm glowing rays.

maverick muse on January 1, 2010 at 9:17 AM

I wonder, Ed,if the truth were known,how many of the so-called CARING LEFTISTS would do what Rush did for you?

We know the answer don’t we?….

Love you Rush,please take care and come back soon to inspire us to do more than we ever thought we could.

ohiobabe on January 1, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Frankly, in my world Chris Matthews doesn’t even register.

highhopes on December 31, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Who’s Chris Matthews?

JellyToast on January 1, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Who’s Chris Matthews?

JellyToast on January 1, 2010 at 9:35 AM

He’s this creepy cable emabrrassment that has some kind of wierd, sexual attraction for the President.

anniekc on January 1, 2010 at 9:46 AM

emabrrassment

I might have been overserved last night….

anniekc on January 1, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Ed,while I’m thinking about it,thank you for your work on H/A.I am a just a few months old to your site but you and REDSTATE are two I look at first.

Happy New Year!!:)

ohiobabe on January 1, 2010 at 10:02 AM

He’ll be ok. He hasn’t been forced into Gov’t healthcare yet.

johnnyU on January 1, 2010 at 10:16 AM

God bless Rush Limbaugh. I’ve listened to him since 1989 when a friend introduced me to his show. He is truly a talented individual that loves this country deeply. I love listening to his show and appreciate his insight and cutting sarcasm on national matters. I pray he is well soon. God bless him.

ted c on January 1, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Again, this is a problem which plagues both sides of the political divide,

Sure, but I also remember the left’s glee over the death of a non-elected conservative and seemingly all-around nice guy Tony Snow.

ddrintn on January 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I wish there would be an update.

Cindy Munford on January 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I wish there would be an update.
I think they are going to let us know by way of his website.

ohiobabe on January 1, 2010 at 10:43 AM

ohiobabe on January 1, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I know, I keep checking. Nothing new.

Cindy Munford on January 1, 2010 at 10:59 AM

I know, I keep checking. Nothing new.
Yeah,me too,I hope no news is good news :)

ohiobabe on January 1, 2010 at 11:23 AM

ted c on January 1, 2010

Dittos to that. I’ve been listening since August of 88 and the only time in all of that time that I have ever been a little disappointed in Rush is when he cancelled his caller abortions and stopped using his abortion update sound effects. He never said so, but I believe his advertisers leaned heavily on him about that. I understand it. You can’t have a show without advertisers (unless you’re on NPR). I just think it’s the one example of his principles taking a back seat to his income stream.

Extrafishy on January 1, 2010 at 11:27 AM

MAHA RUSHIE!!! Not only is your talent on “loan” from GODDDDD, your very LIFE is on loan and thank God he didn’t look to Freddie or Fannie for loan approval. You are the glue that makes us all stick!! God speed friend

justonevictory on January 1, 2010 at 11:42 AM

A truly remarkable man. Rush will be back.

diogenes on January 1, 2010 at 12:16 PM

I also wish Rush web site would give us one tiny bit of an update. Rush and staff knows how many millions of Americans are praying for him and would like an update. I guess they will do so when they feel they need to. I just pray the tests are not bad!
L

letget on January 1, 2010 at 12:28 PM

I am glad to hear that so many people are praying for Rush. Went to mass today to pray for Rush and saw a bumper sticker that said Rush for President … I wish.

redridinghood on January 1, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Like most i hope and pray for Rush.With no more news coming out about his condition 2 things crossed my mind.He could be in worse shape than we know or he,s tweaking the Libs to make them think he is on deaths door. I hope for the latter.Gods speed Rush.

thmcbb on January 1, 2010 at 1:11 PM

God Bless you Rush.God Speed to one of the most capable Conservative Leaders I have ever had the pleasure to listen to on a daily basis.The EIB Mic. and all your listners are waiting for your snappy return…((-:

Roadking85 on January 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Rush should pretend to have converted to liberalism and use it to suggest all sorts of crazy things like Osama bin Laden is a victim of Haliburton etc.

Speedwagon82 on January 1, 2010 at 2:55 PM

I am praying for a speedy recovery for Rush. I do hope he takes the full amount of time necessary for a full recovery.
We the conservatives of this great nation will need his thundering voice of truth and common sense through out this crucial election year and many years to come.

dddave on January 1, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Rumor has it that Rush accidentally got a glimpse of a bikini-clad Michelle Obama.

marklmail on January 1, 2010 at 4:06 PM

He just had a press conference, they didn’t find anything. He did a great commercial for the healthcare system.

Cindy Munford on January 1, 2010 at 4:30 PM

marklmail on January 1, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Don’t want to ruin everyone’s dinner by posting the link, but there was a picture either yesterday or today showing Michelle on the beach in a one piece suit. Not a pretty sight.

And believe it or not she was wearing one of those 1950s bathing caps. Haven’t seen one of those in decades.

Del Dolemonte on January 1, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Rush said he had an angiogram, everything was clean. No arterial disease, and they have no idea what was causing the chest pains but he’s fine now.

Then he plugged the greatness of the healthcare system with a wide grin.

Genius.

Also said the “medication” leaked about him taking for his back is not pain killers, but Prednisone (steroid and anti-inflammatory).

Enoxo on January 1, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Cindy Munford,
Where did you get that info.? I was just on his web site and nothing. Nothing on Fox or Drudge either.
L

letget on January 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM

letget on January 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM

They interrupted Cavotuo’s show on FOX for the press conference. Terrible connection but it was very encouraging.

Cindy Munford on January 1, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Del Dolemonte on January 1, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I saw a picture of her the other day with these very weird shoes that appear to be only soles. They would have looked great with her Michelen (sic ?) belt. /

Cindy Munford on January 1, 2010 at 4:43 PM

AP story here.

califcon on January 1, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Yea! Happy New Year! I will muddle through if he needs to take another week off, but I hope he comes back soon!!

anniekc on January 1, 2010 at 4:56 PM

I think it’s a special blessing from God that Rush is just fine. I think our prayers and well-wishes worked.

JKahn913 on January 1, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Prayers going up, Rush, get well soon!!!

Lady Heather on January 1, 2010 at 6:55 PM

UPDATE: Video of Rush Press Conference. He is just fine.

AnthonyK on January 1, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Daily Kos clearly depressed that their prayers to Allah and Obama Christ weren’t answered.

Speedwagon82 on January 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Prayers answered.

Democrats will spend the beginning of the New Year twisting in their own hateful vomit.

cntrlfrk on January 1, 2010 at 7:17 PM

THANK YOU GOD!!!!!

redridinghood on January 1, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Again, this is a problem which plagues both sides of the political divide,

ddrintn on January 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I think saying “both sides are equally to blame” sounds magnanimous and broad minded but it has the unfortunate quality of not being true. Ginned up, obscene, hate-filled ranting makes up a huge part of the lefty toolbox and identity. Pretending it doesn’t will not make it so.

Django on January 1, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Rush really died but he rose from the dead just to p*** off liberals.

AaronGuzman on January 1, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Update: Rush posts a personal message to listeners.

A Message from Rush to His Listeners
January 1, 2010

To my listeners,

Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts over the past several days. Today, I am leaving Queens Hospital in Honolulu, feeling strong and rested. I offer my deepest thanks to the staff and administration there, who provided excellent care and supervision.

I’m going to take several days of rest over this weekend and the early part of next week, and will be back on the radio with you sometime next week, taking the advice of so many of you to rest and fully recover.

I wish each and every one of you a Happy New Year in 2010!

With great thanks for your support and love,

Rush Limbaugh

AnthonyK on January 1, 2010 at 8:37 PM

God bless you, Rush! Keep up the good fight and I am looking forward to hearing your voice on EIB for many years to come.

…A long time listener from your Sacramento KFBK days…

StarLady on January 1, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Rush really died but he rose from the dead just to p*** off liberals.

AaronGuzman on January 1, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Him and Zombie Reagan will destroy them all…

StevefromMKE on January 1, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Haven’t read the previous comments, but just happy that Rush is OK.

Advice: Check on your gall bladder. I had two attacks last year that simulated heart attacks very neatly (and frighteningly), but it turned out to be gallstones. Had the little bag out, and don’t miss it–nor the attacks.

MrLynn on January 1, 2010 at 8:58 PM

God has answered the prayers of all of us loyal followers.. Rush take care and rest up, we need your direction and guidance.

flintstone on January 1, 2010 at 11:04 PM

And did Obama visit or call Limbaugh to show any concern for his holiday dilemma since he was in the same neighborhood?
You can blame that on Bush, too.
Bush will be the cause for Obama’s destroyed presidency. Poor Obama! Can’t get no respect.

Cybergeezer on January 2, 2010 at 8:51 AM

“Based on what happened here to me, I don’t think there’s one thing wrong with the American health care system. It is working just fine, just dandy.”

ha ha ha what a moron

Dave Rywall on January 2, 2010 at 11:09 AM

flintstone on January 1, 2010 at 11:04 PM
———

So God made Rush sick and then you prayed that he would get better and then God answered your prayers and made Rush better?

Why did God make him sick in the first place?

And why did your God let 75 people get blown to bits at a volleyball game in Pakistan?

Dave Rywall on January 2, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Video of Rush\’s Press Conference from local Fox Affiliate KHON 2 Honolulu, Hawaii.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAzpFnecRwo

SgtSVJones on January 2, 2010 at 11:23 AM

drywall, what Bolshevik pissed in your cheerios this morning?

daesleeper on January 2, 2010 at 11:31 AM

drywall, what Bolshevik pissed in your cheerios this morning?

daesleeper on January 2, 2010 at 11:31 AM
—–
ha ha a clueless commie line. At least you’re dependably ignorant.

Dave Rywall on January 2, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Uh, like I was saying….

It’s an undeniable pattern.

Django on January 2, 2010 at 3:51 PM