Choose the Obamateurism of the Year!

posted at 8:05 am on December 31, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

We’ve been highlighting the amateurish stumbles of our new President since March, and now it’s time for Hot Air readers to pick the Obamateurism of the Year!  Over the next few days, I’ll offer polls in different brackets (or “flights”) of previous Obamateurism of the Week winners, and you’ll pick the winners between five or six selections in a new poll each day, except Christmas.  I also hand-selected a few second-place winners in a second-chance bracket, which will run next week.  After we’ve narrowed down to eight finalists, Hot Air readers will select the OOTY!

And now we have the final poll ready for Hot Air readers on the last day of the year — the Embarrassing Eight!

I’ll have a special post on this tomorrow, when the poll closes. This should be a tough decision indeed!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting 22%

OmahaConservative on December 31, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Obama’s shabby treatment of our good friend and ally Great Britain is by far the most egregious of his many follies.

hillbillyjim on December 31, 2009 at 8:10 AM

2 minutes of ‘shout outs’ before addressing the Fort Hood massacre…this man is a dangerous buffoon

lukespapa on December 31, 2009 at 8:11 AM

I went with coming up empty on his trip to Copenhagen. It showed very well the difference between what his devoted followers expected of him and reality. The look on that newscaster’s face when the USA was eliminated in the first round of voting was priceless.

backwoods conservative on December 31, 2009 at 8:12 AM

even steven at 0800…. looks like 8% +/- 3 across the board.

happy new year all.

ted c on December 31, 2009 at 8:13 AM

I stand by Poland.

rob verdi on December 31, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Wadda maroon….

I can’t wait to see Oliver Stone do a movie about Obama. Source material shouldn’t be a problem.

Hog Wild on December 31, 2009 at 8:14 AM

The infamous,BendisOverBackWardsNotQuiteGrabbingZeeAnkles
ObamaGaffes of the Saudi King!!

canopfor on December 31, 2009 at 8:14 AM

This was so tough. I finally had to go with what brought about the most joy for me personally- Losing out at Copenhagen. All of the choices were worthy, esp. the Ft. Hood shout outs, (God, he’s an arse) but watching Barry get his ego handed to him in an international forum was deliciously satisfying.

anniekc on December 31, 2009 at 8:14 AM

He sure has a lot of fcuk-ups to choose from in just one year.

OmahaConservative on December 31, 2009 at 8:15 AM

had to go with the shout outs…clueless and his priorities are alot to be desired…
—-
B+ should be the umbrella for all of these choices

cmsinaz on December 31, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Happy 2010 to the hot air crew!

cmsinaz on December 31, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Can’t I just vote “yes”?

looking4statesmen on December 31, 2009 at 8:17 AM

ALL OF THEM.

RealMc on December 31, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Me has an idea,maybe,someone can re-inact all of Hopeys Screw-Ups and Gaffes,in a short movie,and as a public service announcement style,have it shown to all grades
in public school,as an educational purpose,as not to fol
low President Obamas F$%^&*&(&^ Ups,and learn to avoid
them!!(Snark).

canopfor on December 31, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Warnings of deficits and spending while spending trillions (with earmarks). Everything depends on our having a stable, growing economy. Everything.

4Freedom on December 31, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Great line from Ralph Peters today: Bush, for all his faults, worried our enemies. Obama amuses them. That pretty much sums up his foreign policy, with the omission that Obama simultaneously pushes America’s allies away.

ProfessorMiao on December 31, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Present

macncheez on December 31, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Had to choose the “shout-out” because it encompasses so many problems with Obama:
1. He’s the most important part of the press conference NOT the subject at hand
2. Terrorism…what terrorism?
3. Knows nothing about the military and its protocol (especially awards and ceremonies) and has no desire to learn
4. The shout-outs are so cool (in a juvenile sort of way)
5. Never seems to portray real empathy for Americans and their suffering.

texabama on December 31, 2009 at 8:23 AM

We have to pick only one?
‘obama opens stupid mouth about cops without the facts’
(*$#&)@(*$#@)(* ahole.

HornetSting on December 31, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Not giving a rat’s youknowwhat about our soldiers @ Fort Hood. Too bad we can’t combine that with his dissing of McChrystal.

/He’s a certified a&&monkey!

Happy New Year everyone!

Key West Reader on December 31, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Alright, going OT, but it’s early, too effin early, and I’m grouchy:
1. Ralph Peters rules!
2. Newt~please STFU! You are a joke, a cliche, and no one believes your bullsh*t anymore.
3. Thank you to Michelle for giving conservatives a place to meet and greet, to Ed for his great posts, and to Allah~effin beta male rino, for your posts that make my blood boil.

HornetSting on December 31, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Which bunch of morons think the “Shout Outs” choice is of such importance that is the top pick currently?
It’s vapid, small values like this that are dooming the country.

Tony Soprano on December 31, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Bowing to the King. Shameful. Disgraceful.

Kafir on December 31, 2009 at 8:26 AM

I have to stick with Gen. McChrystal and where the president’s allegiance lies, but it was tough. Maybe he appears presidential to the rest of the world to me he looks like a D-list actor blowing the role of a lifetime.

Cindy Munford on December 31, 2009 at 8:28 AM

This IS difficult. However I went with shout out. That is the single biggest thing that shows us the priorities of this President.

antisocial on December 31, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Being more concerned about giving cool shout-outs than speaking on the Fort Hood Massacre. Jerk.

kingsjester on December 31, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Happy NewYear,nieghbour,and all Hot Air Crew from Canada!!

T-Minus,till midnight,of one year,USA,Held Hostage
by FU BO The Clown OnGoing NeverEnding Story,

or,

the Adventures of Fence Post Turtle,Hopey!!!

canopfor on December 31, 2009 at 8:30 AM

I voted for Obama’s risable warning about deficits. The others are good examples of his amatuerism and over inflated self-importance, but having the gall to feign worry over deficits at the same time he dumps the nation’s treasury down a rat hole reveals something uglier about his personality and political instincts. He either truly believes the American public is so stupid that he can say one thing and do another with no repercussions whatsoever, or he just doesn’t care. Either are serious character flaws. I wouldn’t trust him to manage a McDonald’s much less the ship of state.

RobertE on December 31, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Tony Soprano on December 31, 2009 at 8:26 AM

we were attacked and the man’s priorities were and still are shameful…

cmsinaz on December 31, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Happy New Yearto King, Key West, and Canopfor, my fave Canadian!
Pass the popcorn and Jager~2010 is going to be EPIC!

HornetSting on December 31, 2009 at 8:32 AM

There were far more substantial failures to execute his duties to protect the nation and the Constitution, but for sheer symbolism the bow to the head of the evil Saudi government has to take the prize. While a slight nod may have been appropriate, to even consider such a deep bow betrays either a complete lack of global political perspective, including ignorance of America’s unique role as an agent of freedom and human dignity, or serious personal psychological deficiencies, probably related to father-seeking, or both.

In any case, this year has borne out what many of us solemnly warned against – that electing Obama would be quite possibly the most serious mistake this nation has ever made. This is not a dress rehearsal. The enemy is using live ammunition, and it already within our own borders.

paul1149 on December 31, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Happy New Yearto King, Key West, and Canopfor, my fave Canadian!

Pass the popcorn and Jager~2010 is going to be EPIC!

HornetSting on December 31, 2009 at 8:32 AM

HornetSting:Right back at you,eh Stingette!

This is the beginning of the end of Obamas Socialist reign!

canopfor on December 31, 2009 at 8:36 AM

All of the above and Shout out.

yoda on December 31, 2009 at 8:36 AM

This is what we can call a target rich field.

sigh, will the next 3 years be as long?

Thanos on December 31, 2009 at 8:36 AM

HornetSting on December 31, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Happy New Year,Doll. Happy New Year, Gang. As always, Conservatives rule, Trolls drool.

kingsjester on December 31, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Tony Soprano on December 31, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Who pissed in your cornflakes?

anniekc on December 31, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Had to go with the McChrystal/SEIU thing. It’s the most emblematic of Ozero’s skewed priorities and far-left agenda.

flipflop on December 31, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Hey…in just 3 weeks, our long national nightmare is…25% over.

flipflop on December 31, 2009 at 8:40 AM

It’s vapid, small values like this that are dooming the country.

Tony Soprano on December 31, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Vapid, small values like putting importance on slaughtered American soldiers over political palling around? It’s the OOTY, hands down, for pure shock and anger value alone.

LibTired on December 31, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Kind of OT,but proves the ACORN really doesnt fall far from the tree http://biggovernment.com/2009/12/30/white-house-visitors-log-acorn-ceo-bertha-lewis-in-obama-residence-week-before-sting-videos-launched/

theTarCzar on December 31, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I hope we have an open thread for New Year Wishes, at Christmas I forgot to take my HA password with me so I couldn’t convey my best wishes and affection for all who meet here.

Cindy Munford on December 31, 2009 at 8:43 AM

This year has been BUSY on HA, so much to discuss~the Boss is on Fox and Friends~what could be better?
Well, besides a perp walk for the democrats….
And, Ja-Blow needs to GO!

HornetSting on December 31, 2009 at 8:43 AM

If it were on there id pick the “air force 1 hey lets scare some new yawkers!” flight.

theTarCzar on December 31, 2009 at 8:43 AM

I say Poland, because it had the feeling of a calculated insult. The shout-outs are a close second, though.

Mr. D on December 31, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Hey…in just 3 weeks, our long national nightmare is…25% over.

flipflop on December 31, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Woo-hooooo!

ncborn on December 31, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Cindy Munford on December 31, 2009 at 8:43 AM

I hope so too~Happy New Year and best wishes to all my fellow conservatives in the coming year~it’s gonna be FUN!

HornetSting on December 31, 2009 at 8:44 AM

It was hard deciding until I decided to categorize the choices: Stupid, Insulting or Dangerous. That left my decision either Poland or McCrystal/SEIU. I chose Poland.

MainelyRight on December 31, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I voted for the Gates thing under protest. I still think the do-over on the oath should have made the final list.

Jazz Shaw on December 31, 2009 at 8:47 AM

What a horrible human being.

daesleeper on December 31, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Name for me the Democrat that has expressed and displayed respect for our troops in the last four decades?

That’s why it’s no surprise he was Mr Shout Out at an ethnic event.
The things that really hurt our nation and the world as a whole are the betrayals of our now dwindling allies.
The overt hostility shown one of our greatest allies is an international disgrace.

Tony Soprano on December 31, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Unfortunately, I have to vote none of the above: His aggregious handling of terrorists…now that’s embarrassing and ameteurish beyond measure…Terrorists incarcerated on American soil, Marandized, and tried like common criminals in our courts!
The world is ROFLIAO

Chewy the Lab on December 31, 2009 at 8:53 AM

we were attacked and the man’s priorities were and still are shameful…

cmsinaz on December 31, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Indeed. The symbolism of this was very troubling, to say the least.

It was a PLANNED address after a terrorist attack. He had ample opportunity to get it right.

It revealed his character and priorities about national security.

He doesn’t take it very seriously.

keebs on December 31, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Very tough choice. I’ll join the “shout out” parade as it reveals that Dear Liar is more interested in His agenda than the security of the US.

rbj on December 31, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Damn, that’s a whole heap of stupid.

Sorry, these choices are just like a pile of salted peanuts.

One ain’t gonna be enough.

CPT. Charles on December 31, 2009 at 8:59 AM

I can’t choose just one.

Monica on December 31, 2009 at 9:03 AM

It’s not on the list, but giving the Queen of England an iPod stuffed with all of Obambi’s speeches has to rate somewhere high on the list.

Finally had to decide against throwing Poland and McChrystal under the bus as “Obamateurisms” because there’s much more going on there than simple incompetence and arrogance. But for pure amateurism, arrogance, lack of shame, cluelessness, and utter contempt for the Presidency and the country, the Fort Hood shout-outs are the landmark of the year, a fool’s-gold-plated beacon of hopeychangey.

NeighborhoodCatLady on December 31, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Have a Blessed, happy and prosperous New Year to all my fellow Hot Air’ians!

OmahaConservative on December 31, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Tony Soprano on December 31, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Uh why dont’cha try the coffee without Bailey’s next time.

jbh45 on December 31, 2009 at 9:13 AM

I have to go with the bow, because that one action encapsulates everything about Giggles in a nutshell.

crazy_legs on December 31, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Ft. Hood. Without a doubt.

mizflame98 on December 31, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Although the Ft Hood shoot outs are particularly vile, I must go with Poland.

That particular action I suspect had repercussions and ramifications that we had not seem yet but that we may getting a taste of given the latest news coming from Iran and Russia. Looking weak in front of out enemies is never prudent.

El Coqui on December 31, 2009 at 9:23 AM

I give this year of Obamateurisms a good, solid B+

rosewaning on December 31, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Happy New Year

Vote against authoritarian Democrat hegemony.

Obamao is at his most amateur when he speaks about economics and business. He has no idea what entrepreneurs do nor does he have any concept of markets without crushing government intervention. He wants to “create jobs” when he should be letting the economy create those jobs by using government stimulus for Main Street now rather than Wall Street. AMATEUR !!!!!!!
I have deep and great anger about this socialist tyrant minimizing the terrorist atrocity at Ft. Hood but that is not amateur, it is his intractable mindset. He, like Clinton, is not a military supporter, routinely forgets to ask God’s Blessing on the troops, and is all about political payback. He’s a professional jerk when it comes to respecting the military and its sacrifices.
I don’t confuse rank amateurism with insufferable narcissism and disdain for America’s capitalist conservatism.

ExpressoBold on December 31, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Voted for Poland.

JetBoy on December 31, 2009 at 9:29 AM

ProfessorMiao on December 31, 2009 at 8:21

AM

Cue the airdrop over Iran of a Sternly Worded Letter!

Back on topic… had to go with the Cairo speech vis-a-vis events in Iran. In his view, I believe, the world and our relationship with it irreversibly changed for the better, and this illustrates how naive the pretender is.

ya2daup on December 31, 2009 at 9:34 AM

I was torn between shout outs and the Olympics. I went with the Olympics because it showcased his ego and that of his entourage vs. how the world really sees him – first country voted out. I think it was also the first time that many Obama people had their balloons punctured about the “greatness” of their guy. I’ll never forget the CNN anchor who watched America voted out first. God, that was awesome.

The shout outs spoke out about so many of his flaws.

The entire list speaks of all of his amateurish ways. Very prescient for Ed to create this.

beatcanvas on December 31, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Well the 3 top ones (2 minute of shout outs, not talking to McCrystal, and throwing Poland under the bus) were pretty much the 3 I had to choose from. I went with throwing Poland under the bus since that’s the unforced error that will have the longest and greatest effect I think. It sent a chill down the spines of our allies while emboldening our enemies and will continue to do so for years after this naif is out of office.

jarodea on December 31, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I clicked on EDIT/SELECT ALL in my browser’s menu.

Shy Guy on December 31, 2009 at 9:50 AM

ALL OF THEM.

RealMc on December 31, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Agreed! But I chose #1 for the simple reason that it significantly defines the mentality that allowed the “other Obamateurisms” to manifest the chaotic abandonment of sanity.

In short, Mr. President—-YOU’RE THE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT TO THIS OFFICE SINCE CARTER!—TAKE ANOTHER BOW.

Rovin on December 31, 2009 at 9:50 AM

The Olympics debacle gave me the most joy and illustrated just how much an amateur this guy really is but I had to go with Poland because of the long-term ramifications of this decision.

PatMac on December 31, 2009 at 9:59 AM

The audacity of warning about deficits and spending takes the cake since it is apparent that the free-flowing ObamaCash is still driving the engines of this administration. The profligacy of throwing money we don’t have at problems and having weak or no accountability will assuredly collapse our nation.

onlineanalyst on December 31, 2009 at 10:02 AM

I had to go with McChrystal vs. SEIU. (It took awhile to get there – God help us that we even have this kind of a contest with these choices!)

The Saudi bow, the Cairo speech, the Gates fiasco, and the Copenhagen trip all arise out of an ignorant egotism; a self-inflated elitism. Small consequence. (Worrisome, though, because they cause a lingering loss of respect and encourage adventurism by the foreign “axis-of-evil” wannabes.)

The spending thing is just Dems being Dems; Libs being Libs. When has that gang ever been any different?

OTOH, Poland and the McChrystal/SEIU option are both deliberate policy. (The Ft. Hood shout-out is merely a symptom of these.)

Ultimately, his Poland decision is (slightly) more tangential to US security than is the Islamo-fascist threat. Ignoring Gen. McChrystal, in favor of SEIU, is dereliction of duty.

ss396 on December 31, 2009 at 10:18 AM

I have to go with “Warning on deficits and spending while pushing big-spending programs”.

It will be 0bama’s criminal spending spree with money we don’t have, in accordance with the Cloward–Piven strategy, that will bring this nation to it’s knees.

Rebar on December 31, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Joe Lieberman, and for that he became persona non grata in the Democratic party and had to become an independent.

VanPalin on December 31, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Not implementing his “own” policy in Afghanistan for a full year after spending 2 years bragging about how much smarter his plan was than Bush’s.

This after using Bush’s plan in sending about 20,000 troops over to Afghanistan (which Rahm got caught lying about on National Television).

This after his own General told him during the summer Afghanistan would be lost in a year without significant reinforcements.

Then he only sent about half of the optimum force that McCrystal requested and still has done nothing about the Pakistan part of the equation.

Afghanistan will not be won until Pakistan is dealt with.

But I am sure Obama probably won’t bother discussing this with McCrystal anymore than he bothered with it his first year in office.

Can’t take away time from all that Golfing and Snorkeling.

First year = F

Baxter Greene on December 31, 2009 at 10:39 AM

They’re all so embarrassingly good choices that it is sad you have to choose just one. Looking prospectively, instead of retrospectively, I choose the deficit point only because I think it’ll have the most resonance in 2010. I hope the amateurish foreign policy disasters aren’t repeated, as administration staffers learn they have to treat the Won in the same way they treat Sloppy Joe (ie, don’t let him do or say anything unscripted). I particularly hope Obama learns to speak with McChrystal and his generals about his war effort. But, mostly, I hope the Democrats are made to eat every last dollar of these massive deficits they’re so singlemindedly creating!

MTF on December 31, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Man, what a tough choice. Cluelessness has become such a hallmark of this admininistration that it’s to settle on one thing. I can only hope that in the coming year we’re not looking back at these Obamateurisms and thinking they weren’t that bad… comparatively.

Happy New Year, Hot Air!

landshark on December 31, 2009 at 10:42 AM

I was torn between the shout-outs, and McChrystal. I chose his ongoing lack of attention to McChystal as the bigger amateur blunder.

The shout-outs was a biggie, but it was a one-time gaffe. But not meeting with McChrystal, while finding time to meet with SEIU…well, that kind of shows his ongoing confusion about what what his job is. Or maybe failure to realize that he’s GOT the job, and not just campaigning for it any more.

Lastly, I want to give an EOY shout-out to all the homies here at Hot Air, especially Congressional Medal of Honor winner Ed Morrissey. He is my personal favorite blogger/columnist for many reasons, and is still growng in his influence among conservatives.

What? He didn’t win the CMH? Oh well, give him a Nobel Prize. And a jillion carbon credits.

connertown on December 31, 2009 at 10:43 AM

The shout-outs said to me that Zero didn’t consider the Ft. Hood shootings to be that important.
It angers me that our military must serve under such an animal…no offense to animals.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 31, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Tough one…. had to go with “The Bow.”

That showed the world what a hack and a poser this guy is. A real President would not bow like a slave to a foreign king.

UltimateBob on December 31, 2009 at 10:44 AM

That showed the world what a hack and a poser this guy is. A real President American would not bow like a slave to a foreign king.

UltimateBob on December 31, 2009 at 10:44 AM

FIFY.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal. . .”

rbj on December 31, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Had to go with 2 minutes of shout-outs.

Obama is a malignant narcissist and that was a true demonstration of his personality disorder that could do the most damage to the country.

From Wikipedia:

* Feels overly grandiose, an exaggerated sense of self importance.
* Fantasizes about unlimited success, bodily beauty, unequalled brilliance, or ideal and everlasting love.
* Feels unique, and believes that he/she can only be understood/should associate with others of equal brilliance or importance.
* Requires excessive admiration or notoriety.
* Feels entitled, demands automatic compliance with his/her wishes, feels slighted when not met with these expectations.
* Is interpersonally exploitative, uses others for their own benefit.
* Is unable or unwilling to empathize with others, feels like they are the center of the world.
* Believes that others are envious of them, or is constantly envious of others. Always wants to outdo others, or prove themselves to others.
* Displays arrogant or haughty behavior. Similar to criteria 3 and 5.
* Also displays symptoms of the antisocial personality, the schizoid personality and the paranoid personality disorder.

also:

Common characteristics of those with malignant narcissism include:

* Grandiose sense of self-worth
* Impulsiveness, doesn’t finish projects, or attempts to finish a project too quickly to move onto something else
* Recklessness (psychology) tendencies
* Pathological lying or exaggeration of the truth
* Shallow affect
* Creates illusions of superiority
* Strives for constant recognition or prestige
* Exaggerates and boasts about accomplishments
* Feels ashamed or attacked by negative judgments from others
* Preoccupation with fantasies of a perfect partner or future
* Lack of empathy or selective empathy
* Pulls attention from everyone else onto themselves to feel unique
* Tendency to idealize their own superiority, devalue other people’s worth or accomplishments
* Sensitivity to how others react to him/her
* Inability to tolerate boredom
* Manipulativeness
* Indifference to or rationalizes having hurt or mistreated others (underdeveloped conscience)
* Drug and alcohol abuse
* Narcissistic rage

Daggett on December 31, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Choosing SEIU over McChrystal.

csdeven on December 31, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Time for a top-10 20 100 list. I predict a Collected Best Obamateurisms best-seller in Ed’s future.

Drained Brain on December 31, 2009 at 11:04 AM

ALL OF THEM.

RealMc on December 31, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Totally agree. How can one choose? They are all sooooo very good. Happy/Safe New Year to all!

sicoit on December 31, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Time for a top-10 20 100 1,000 list. I predict a Collected Best Obamateurisms best-seller in Ed’s future.

Drained Brain on December 31, 2009 at 11:04 AM

FIFY

Daggett on December 31, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Very very tough choice, but I have to stick with the shout out because it was the first full Islamic terrorist attack since 911. No respect for the dead and dying that protect the USA. The disrespect this POSOTUS has shown the military is revolting and disgusting. The general McChrystal thing also is up there.

royzer on December 31, 2009 at 11:15 AM

God… this was a hard choice. I chose the bow because I think it best summarizes what he wants for America. Let it be subservient to the world not as an equal but as a humbled peon not worthy of eye contact with those that want to kill us.

cannonball on December 31, 2009 at 11:19 AM

The Shoutout. It summed him up: Narcissist, Pacifist, Heartless Bastard.

TXUS on December 31, 2009 at 11:19 AM

A great big shout out to my fellow HAers.

GnuBreed on December 31, 2009 at 11:25 AM

They are all great examples of how totally deficient this guys is in ability to lead, but the last one (SEIU/McChrystal) illustrates how terribly dangerous this incompetence and leftist agenda really is.

Star20 on December 31, 2009 at 11:29 AM

I had to go with the Shout Outs because my son is in ROTC and it was just a low class, mean, unfeeling thing to do to our brave men and women in the military,to whom he is supposedly their Commander-in-Chief.

Beaglemom on December 31, 2009 at 11:36 AM

I watched the “Shout out” live and was wondering if the press had just been confused and that they cut into a regular speech or something. Then, when he started to discuss the shooting, I was totally flabbergasted.

This reflects on the utter classlessness of this guy (and Michelle too).

BierManVA on December 31, 2009 at 11:42 AM

The cries for less spending were the most appalling, the Ft Hood shout outs were ghoulish, but the most amateurish act has to be pulling out missile defense from eastern europe on the anniversary of Poland’s invasion. I think that mistake did the most harm nationally and internationally. No one act did as much damage to his reputation. It was the blunder of the year.

chicagojedi on December 31, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Had to go with the bow. While all the choices are terrific bone-headed moves, I had to pick the one which has the longer lasting, broader scope.

An American President bowing to a King has enormous effect inside the region where most folks hate the US with suicidal passion. What really raised this incident to the level of total incompetence was the denial by the WH that he did it all. The bow, in their culture, is a sign of dhimitude and that their methods are working and reinforces the belief in their rightousness. It emboldens them to take more overt actions. The WH denial compounded the showing of weakness in that he couldn’t even admit to having done it.

The other selections (excluding the missile defense system) are domestic fodder for the talking head shows, and most likely won’t get anybody killed.

BobMbx on December 31, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Drained Brain on December 31, 2009 at 11:04 AM

That covers Feb 2009. Any plans for the other months?

BobMbx on December 31, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Oh come on, pretend you’re one of our trolls. Which was his “Heckuva job, Brownie” or My Pet Goat moment?

Oh wait, they were all worse. I had to go w/ the very tough McCrystal option. That still gets me hot.

di butler on December 31, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Talking to the labor boss more than his field commander was my vote.
He showed his true colors.

FireBlogger on December 31, 2009 at 11:57 AM