Unfair attack from the Right on Obama’s lack of response?

posted at 10:12 am on December 30, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Gary Gross notes this completely unfair attack on Barack Obama’s response to the Eunuch Bomber on Christmas Day:

“I hope the terrorists don’t think this is a good time to attack,” I said, looking protectively at the White House, which always looks smaller and more vulnerable and beautiful than you expect, no matter how often you see it up close.

I thought our guard might be down because of the holiday; now I realize our guard is down every day.

Man, that Bill Kristol can get nasty when Obama makes a mistake, can’t he?  Oh, wait — that wasn’t Kristol?  Maybe this came from Dick Cheney.  Yeah, that must be it, because the article goes on to say this:

Before he left for vacation, Obama tried to shed his Spock mien and juice up the empathy quotient on jobs. But in his usual inspiring/listless cycle, he once more appeared chilly in his response to the chilling episode on Flight 253, issuing bulletins through his press secretary and hitting the links. At least you have to seem concerned.

Darn it, Mr. Vice-President, how dare you suggest that Obama doesn’t care about national security and terrorist attacks!  That’s below the belt, and … huh?  That wasn’t Dick Cheney, either?  Was this Rush Limbaugh, then?

Citing the attempt of the Nigerian’s father to warn U.S. authorities six months ago, the president intoned: “It now appears that weeks ago this information was passed to a component of our intelligence community but was not effectively distributed so as to get the suspect’s name on a no-fly list.”

In his detached way, Spock was letting us know that our besieged starship was not speeding into a safer new future, and that we still have to be scared.

Heck of a job, Barry.

Heh.  Good one, Rush, tying that back to Katrina and the incompetence that — oh, wait, it wasn’t Rush Limbaugh, either?  Well, who was it who attacked Barack Obama so personally?  Next thing you’ll tell me is that it was someone like Maureen Dowd.  Give me a break.

Oh, wait …

If Obama has lost Maureen Dowd, then perhaps the outrageous outrage that erupted this morning over Cheney’s remarks should be reconsidered.  Be sure to read Dowd’s entire column, a sentence I thought I’d never write.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Really. Is that really what happened. We have a government that cares more about not offending Muslims than preventing a massacre. Because I’m just curious if you know where Obama said, “I care more about not offending Muslims than preventing a massacre”? Or where any other elected official said that. Or implied that.

Or did you just make it up? Who needs facts when you can just say stuff, right?

Proud Rino on December 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM

They/he imply it routinely. With every comment that refuses to acknowledge the reality of who terrorists are, with every act that results in a blanket restriction on all citizens/travelers rather than focusing on those who are known to so far cause 100% of the problems, with every decree that results in grandmothers and children being searched at random, they overtly express this sentiment.

You’re a fool if you think someone has to ‘say’ this out loud for it to be true, when their actions – driven by blatant political correctness rather than a desire to take clear results-oriented action – routinely speak louder than their words.

Midas on December 30, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Like I have always said, this POSOTUS will go down in history as the worst prez ever…just wait & see.

royzer on December 30, 2009 at 11:18 AM

gwelf on December 30, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Not quite. If the MSM is finally getting off his bench then I would say it’s a good start.

chemman on December 30, 2009 at 11:20 AM

This lapse in security knows no boundaries. We’re all Americans and we’re all in trouble. It finally dawns on people that this is true no matter who you are, or who you voted for. Maureen Dowd is no safer getting on an airplane than you or I. I feel bad for people who put all this trust in Mr. President, only to be let down again and again and again. It finally hits them that what a lot of us on the right have been saying is true…Mr. President is inexperienced, he is blaming the previous administration for everything that’s wrong, he doesn’t seem to take our security seriously, and he’s more interested in pursuing his socialist agenda than anything else. I think maybe, just maybe, the left and the right are going to come together at some point and say enough, this man is a mistake.

scalleywag on December 30, 2009 at 11:20 AM

MoDo is one of the useful idiots who helped carry water for Obama and hurl epithets at Hillary and then Sarah

I have noticed the Irish Catholic East Coast overly educated segment does NOT like HRC OR SJP. Methinks they loved their Dads so much they cant conceive of a woman as POTUS or VEEP..

And I say that as a NYC girl who is Catholic and half Irish

my mom suffers from the same ‘disease’ she cant stand HRC OR SJP…and she is the ‘full blooded’ Irish

I mean really, MoDo, Tweetbird(Chris Matthews), the plagiarizing nitwit on Morning Joe whose name escapes me…

ginaswo on December 30, 2009 at 11:21 AM

I took one look at that picture and thought, “What does Arianna Huffington have to do with this?”

Storybec on December 30, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Michelle Malkin has a good post up right now, asking WHY is Barry still in Hawaii. Why the hell is he? Maybe his holier than thou, attitude has finally penetrated the left.

anniekc on December 30, 2009 at 11:21 AM

My Putt Goat

ChrisB on December 30, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Obama is finding out that kowtowing to the liberal media in the end gets you ZIP.

PattyJ on December 30, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Or did you just make it up? Who needs facts when you can just say stuff, right?

Proud Rino on December 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Oh, and the most recent attacker was Mirandized. So, according to Obama and his administration he’s not an enemy combatant he’s just a common criminal.

gwelf on December 30, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Er, I have a confession. A lot of the photos of MD that Allah puts up sort of… you know…get me GROWL. This one I think cured me.

Thanks Allah!

hawkdriver on December 30, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Commander-in-chief in Hawaii.

Caddy: Sir, the secret service guy said to tell you that a suicide bomber tried to blow up a U.S. airliner!

CIC: So, what do you think?

Caddy: About what sir?

CIC: Does this putt break left or right?

donh525 on December 30, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Proud Rino on December 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM

You still have a little on your chin, ProudMoby.

hawkdriver on December 30, 2009 at 11:30 AM

The President’s problems and those of Nepolitano really boil down to one fact…. They have no credibility with the public.

And neither does Dowd or the rest of the MSM, for that matter.

This is exactly what’s behind the whole tea-party thing and the upcoming tsunami wipe-out of incumbents: the vast center of the American people don’t see anyone they can trust, except themselves and people they instinctively feel are like themselves.

Like that pretty, and pretty competent, lady from Alaska.
Think it’s bad now, Mo? It’s going to get much, much worse, hon.

drunyan8315 on December 30, 2009 at 11:31 AM

He or any President should not address the nation without the facts unless it’s to tell the country that he doesn’t know all the facts or unless it’s to reassure that the country and flying is safe and not to panic. So I’ll give him a pass on the 72 hours or even longer. I put more on what he says vs how long it takes him to say it. He said the system failed and it did, under HIS watch. I am more curious on the wording, why it happened, how to prevent it in the future and how he intends to respond. Whether or not we are back to the Clinton days where we just throw a bomb here or there or whether we go after the leadership. No blaming Bush on this one Bud.

My fear is that we are back to the Clinton/Carter frame of mind when we should be on a war footing. We are at war with Al Qaeda whether it’s in Afghanistan or Yamen. Our response should but fast and strong.

RonAck on December 30, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Being cynical of liberals, I have to wonder if Dowd’s piece is just a ploy of sorts, to show how ‘fair’ the Leftist MSM is. Give it a week, and those same reporters and commentators will be back to their usual. I expect any such critics to be saying by then ‘at least the bomb didn’t go off, so quit harping. There was no need for the president to stop his vacation for a non-event’.

Liam on December 30, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Answer: You know all your putts break left, sir.

donh525 on December 30, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Poor MoDo.

The object of her affection has not lived up to the hype.

kingsjester on December 30, 2009 at 11:32 AM

I wondered if New York had to suffer another catastrophe before the damned liberals had a useful thought.

drjohn on December 30, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Sounds like the batteries went bad in Dowd’s Mr. Hankey d***o.

Western_Civ on December 30, 2009 at 11:33 AM

A guy who has never won a free and fair election, rather had the courts release the dirt on his opponents effectively disqualifying them and then a faux financial crisis usher him onto the world stage and into The Peoples House is a mere crisis away from not having any elections at all, in his view.
I am convinced he wants us attacked to further consolidate his power and his ability to confiscate private enterprise and personal wealth for his own transfer!

“A crisis is a terrible thing to waste”
“Redistribute the wealth”
“If push comes to shove I will side with the Muslims”

When Pinnochio says these things, I believe him, when he says anything else….. HE LIES!

dhunter on December 30, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I really gotta proof read my posts…. I guess that’s what the Preview button is for.

RonAck on December 30, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Heck of a job, Barry.

Fair or not, I clearly heard her say, “Heck of a job, Boy.”

Matticus Finch on December 30, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Will Obama still repeal the Patriot Act, that evil piece of Legislation that keeps us from harm?

GunRunner on December 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM

inexperienced, on the job training, self absorbed, unfit to lead.
Here are some more words and phrases you can
use in your next column!!!!!

elderberry on December 30, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Should we assume that Maureen is no longer on her knees before the President?

Not to worry, Barry, Chris Matthews and Andrew Sullivan will never leave you!

Really Right on December 30, 2009 at 11:38 AM

air or not, I clearly heard her say, “Heck of a job, Boy.”

Matticus Finch on December 30, 2009 at 11:35 AM

ahahahaha, that was PRICELESS!

scalleywag on December 30, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Proud Rino on December 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM

First hint was when he wanted to release CIA information regarding so-called “torture”. In this way our enemies would know what methods we used to obtain information, and adjust accordingly. Also, this was a way in which the Bush Administration could possibly be made to pay for our supposed aggressive policies…

I could go on, but I don’t think your brain can hold more than one fact at a time..

lovingmyUSA on December 30, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Maureen Dowd?

Hell has truly frozen over!

GarandFan on December 30, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Fair or not, I clearly heard her say, “Heck of a job, Boy.”

Someone please ask Rachel Madcow or Chrissy the Lisp if Dowd’s criticism of The Dear Reader is really just racism, like they have told us all the rest until now has been?

drunyan8315 on December 30, 2009 at 11:45 AM

I really think the left is legitimately getting frustrated with Obama. Not for the reasons we are exactly but well… its hard to say what he’s accomplished for anyone is it? He’s just not effective as a president.

Dark Eden on December 30, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Well what do you know, Maureen was disappointed by a man once again, and her dreamboat at that.

Only one thing left to do now … cue the Maureen Dowd Theme Song.

thirteen28 on December 30, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I don’t care what she says lately… She’s still a Bitch.

13Girl on December 30, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I really think the left is legitimately truly getting frustrated with Obama.

Let’s don’t go overboard here… there is nothing legitimate about what they hoped he would do to America, and still might!

drunyan8315 on December 30, 2009 at 11:50 AM

[Comment deleted, user banned. — Ed]

inevitable on December 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM

MaxMBJ on December 30, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I thought she went off on Clinton because of the affairs? He offended the feminist in Dowd. It wasn’t the politics. This attack seems different. I doubt she wrote it herself. After her last text appropriation went unpunished my guess is she’s gone whole hog plagiarist now.

FerfeLaBat on December 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Proud Rino on December 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM

“Our diversity, not only in our Army, but in our country, is a strength,” Casey said. “And as horrific as this tragedy was, if our diversity becomes a casualty, I think that’s worse.” ROE in Iraq and Afghanistan. After all, Obama is the CIC.

Johan Klaus on December 30, 2009 at 11:53 AM

The whole of Times Square is closed right now while terror squads investigate a suspcious Dodge van that’s been parked up for 2 days. Boy, those guys are in for the fright of their lives when they open it up and find Maureen Down in the back with her pants around her ankles and a party sized bucket of KFC.

Sharke on December 30, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Dowd write opinion pieces. Not editorials.

Del Dolemonte on December 30, 2009 at 10:30 AM

LOL

Proud Rino on December 30, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Typical Leftist, ignoring facts. I’ll give you a pass because I know you’re dizzy after all the desperate spinning you’ve been doing here this morning.

I’ll explain this so even you can understand.

If you go to the NY Times website, the place you want to go is here:

On the left side of the page, you will see the Editorials, and in the middle of the page you will see the Columnists. MoDo is not in the Editorial section, she’s in the Columnists section.

And when you go here:

MoDo is nowhere to be seen.

Chin up. You’ll get better.

Del Dolemonte on December 30, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Taht would be Dowd, not Down. Dammt, I’m getting out of bed.

Sharke on December 30, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Barackus Hubris Maximus *Hail Caesar!* has accomplished zero, zip, nada in his first year as POTUS. He is and always has been a flowery tongued empty suit ironically full of empty promises. The left are a gullible lot. Or, should that be gulpable (kool-aid) lot?

The one and only thing they are expert at is how to play the blame game. It is always someone else’s fault, and it is always Bush. But after a full year of Barackus, that crap just doesn’t past the smell test anymore… and maybe, just maybe, they’re finally starting to get that. Wishful thinking. I know.

SilverStar830 on December 30, 2009 at 12:05 PM

FerfeLaBat on December 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM

That’s true. She was dating former Male Cheerleader Michael Douglas at the time, and he was offended at her criticism of his hero, and dumped her. She’s never recovered.

Del Dolemonte on December 30, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Nothing screams angry like a red-headed woman with a pinched face.

bloggless on December 30, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Johan Klaus on December 30, 2009 at 11:53 AM

You beat me to it – I was just looking for this quote in response to RINO.
We can’t repeat Casey’s quote often enough to remind everyone that we are committing cultural suicide in the name of the growing religion of “diversity at all costs.”

CarolynM on December 30, 2009 at 12:07 PM

At what point does it become clear that Pinnochio has no intention of, or at least is a miserable failure at, his primary function… to protect and defend these United States and the constitution thereof?

At what point does this become so obvious and the threat to the Republic so great that removal from office becomes necessary?

How many dead will it take?
Thirty at Fort Hood … not enough!
Nearly 300 on an airliner….Nope?
3000 in an attack on one of our cities?
30,000 in a chemical or biological attack?
300,000 in a nuclear attack?
At what point does the leftist Affirmative Action experiment end and how?
I hope the CIA has the answer, because I fear the politicians and the press have not the will, any such calls will be met with howls of racism!

dhunter on December 30, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Thomas L. Friedman is off today.

Can’t catch a break, can you Barry? Now Friedman, he would have just kept on tugging, while MoDo up and bites the, er, hand that feeds her. Somewhere a racist must be laughing, right Barry?

smellthecoffee on December 30, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Any white person who votes for another black candidate is a fool who deserves to be marginalized and abused.

inevitable on December 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Are you being sarcastic or just having a bad day?

There will be lots of dark-skinned people who are worthy of top jobs. Mr Obama is a flop because of the flimsiness of his character and ideas, and those things come from his education, upbringing and cultural associations … nothing to do with his dermal hue and tint.

YiZhangZhe on December 30, 2009 at 12:15 PM

royzer on December 30, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Depends. A lot of historians (unfortunately, some of whom write the history books) will only look at approval ratings, and the soft bigotry of low expectations will always keep obama at or above ~ 40%. So by that measure, they will point to Bush’s lower ratings and claim that he was actually worse.

Of course, those of us who are living through this mightmare of an administration know otherwise.

UltimateBob on December 30, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Heck of a job, Barry.
Fair or not, I clearly heard her say, “Heck of a job, Boy.”

Matticus Finch on December 30, 2009 at 11:35 AM

A+

max1 on December 30, 2009 at 12:40 PM

inevitable on December 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM

You dope. Thanks for handing the netroots documentation for their racism charges. Go find a stormfront sight and post your crap there.

smellthecoffee on December 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Be sure to read Dowd’s entire column

Only when all of hell has frozen over, and then just maybe I might.

angryed on December 30, 2009 at 12:42 PM

angryed on December 30, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Actually it is pretty good she puts the whoopin on the Hopey Dopey!

dhunter on December 30, 2009 at 12:50 PM

He’s a laughing stock and a parody.

dogsoldier on December 30, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Dude, being president, is, uh, like, uh, totally, uh, hard. I can’t even, uh, go, uh, on vacation without people, uh, bothering me, uh, for stupid stuff.

Can’t I just finish my waffle/concert/golf game?

–Barack Obama

18-1 on December 30, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Ran across this comment to Dowd’s op-ed, and this really does sum up the infantile understanding of our Constitution by the left:

Hi Maureen. Let us get a grip. Blowing up an airliner, while grossly unpleasant for the occupants, would have to happen several times a day, every day, to approach the number of people in this country dieing for lack of insurance / * / medical attention. The total casualty list for 911 does not begin to compare with that of cell phone users in SUVs killing their neighbors on the public roads.

I’m glad to see so many in the comments section at the Times appearing to stretch and wake from their bamboozled slumber regarding this administration, but people like “Barry” who left the comment quoted above are part of the root cause of our recent decline from a Republic to nanny-state.

smfoushee on December 30, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Be sure to read Dowd’s entire column
Only when all of hell has frozen over, and then just maybe I might.
angryed on December 30, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Read the column? That’s what you’re paid to do, and it IS the holidays. Not this time, sorry.

Thanks for sharing that smfoushee. I teach, and that’s what most of my mini debates with my colleagues sound like. Ironically, they never bring up 4,000 mothers per day killing their own children. Hmm?

Mojave Mark on December 30, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Looking at Dowd, I cannot help but feel a sense of cultural pride at how far we’ve come in matching the ancient Egyptians’ art of preserving mummies. Still, she needs to realize that all the nipping and tucking and botox and hair dye in the world will never restore her dessicated, sagging body to the carefree party girl who slept her way into a slot on the NYT editorial page. It’s very sad, when you think of it. She can’t even give it away these days.
`
So the rest of you may fall over yourselves to give her credit for accidentally seeing the obvious on rare occasion, as she did with Clinton a decade and several surgeries ago. I cannot get over the rest of the tripe she’s produced, the 99.9% of it which is fawning leftist hackery sauteed in Blue Cosmopolitans, nor the nagging feeling that her best work was flat on her back.
`
To those who laughably profess doubt of the politically correct bent of the present Administration despite the various slobbering apologies and obsequiousness towards our enemies: we can see you have chosen your hill to die upon. Godspeed!
`

Adjoran on December 30, 2009 at 1:13 PM

The thread winner was the reader who commented that journalists fly a lot so therefore are right to be concerned. Of course, it would have been nice if they had been concerned 18 months ago when Obama was prancing around the country spouting his “they won’t want to kill us when I’m President”.

I suppose we can only hope a true Christmas miracle occurred last week and many, many Libs realized that we are, everyday, under threat and have a President who refuses to recognize this.

It is obvious the Jihadis have been emboldened, just as predicted. My New Year’s resolution – Drive everywhere!

gopmom on December 30, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Be sure to read Dowd’s entire column, a sentence I thought I’d never write.

Won’t be making that click.

Tom_OC on December 30, 2009 at 1:20 PM

It’s still hard for me to believe that there are people this stupid in this country, but then I have to remind myself that we did elect Barry as our CIC.

kam582 on December 30, 2009 at 1:22 PM

“If Obama has lost (so and so)… ” as if the mediasheeple would ever abandon Dear Leader. They’ll do just enough so they can point back and say they were critical, which when all is said and done will be about 1% of their propaganda.

I’d think kicking smoking, heroin, and alcohol in the same week would be easier for these people than turning on Dear Leader.

Metro on December 30, 2009 at 1:27 PM

You beat me to it – I was just looking for this quote in response to RINO.

CarolynM on December 30, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Indeed. United we stand Divided we fall. DIVersity = DIVision. Progressive speak (Orwellian in nature) has worked it’s warped magic to indoctrinate this nation into believing that there is strength in DIVersity instead of UNITY. Finding those attributes that unite us is the fabric of a nation that will conquer all outsiders. Finding those attributes which divide and diversify us, will weaken us and destroy us from within.

ihasurnominashun on December 30, 2009 at 1:30 PM

LOL!

powerpro on December 30, 2009 at 1:31 PM

smellthecoffee on December 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I’m obviously smarter than you are d-bag as I can see the forest for the trees and am fed up with poseurs like yourself.Go smell your instant coffee and kiss off.

inevitable on December 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM

YiZhangZhe on December 30, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Please name one that isn’t a sports figure or a third world dictator and hasn’t been wallowing in self pity and corruption for decades. Just one.I’m having a wonderful day,how ’bout you?

inevitable on December 30, 2009 at 1:49 PM

The Big Pretender should begin by opening his own records to the public, hypocrite in chief that he is.

Schadenfreude on December 30, 2009 at 2:28 PM

inevitable on December 30, 2009 at 1:49 PM

You’re either a troll or a bigot. Either way I’m asking the moderators to ban you.

The Ritz on December 30, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Reading these comments is truly depressing. When did attempted or actual attacks on our nation become a partisan issue with Americans attacking our President for ideological reasons? When and how did parties become associated with protecting or hurting America? We should all be united against a common enemy intent on destroying us, yet we seem to do it ourselves, throwing slings and arrows at the other side because we forgot how to get past our differences.

This is another comment from MoDodo’s article. To answer the first question: around 2002 or so. Democrats and liberals going after President Bush when it became clear he was going to bring the war to the terrorists and terror-supporting regimes.

As for the rest of it, yes the country should be united against the threats posed against our nation. However, the party in charge needs to exhibit leadership against the threats so as to foster unity for the cause. If half the country is convinced by leadership that this is a “police operation,” then there isn’t going to be much unity going forward.

Mallard T. Drake on December 30, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Until recently, it always disturbed me to hear criticism of the president, after all his problems were all inherited. But since the reports of Obama’s nonchalance in regards to healthcare reform, I have begun to wonder quite a bit about our president.

None of us want to admit that we were all fooled by a smooth-talking charmer, we also need to admit that perhaps Mr. Obama is not the leader we hoped he’d be. I hope I’m wrong, but…..

I give you the highest recommended comment from MoDodo’s article. The children are starting to grow up….

Mallard T. Drake on December 30, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Please name one that [..snip..] hasn’t been wallowing in self pity and corruption for decades. Just one.I’m having a wonderful day,how ’bout you?

inevitable on December 30, 2009 at 1:49 PM

If ‘black’ was a highly abbreviated reference to people who wallow in self-pity and corruption and who also happen to have a darker than average skin then I understand why you would think such people unfit for office.

But self-pity and corruption, like (in)competence, aren’t related to skin pigmentation so I don’t find it to be a very apt abbreviation; too easily misunderstood.

Anyway, thank you for clarifying.

YiZhangZhe on December 30, 2009 at 2:52 PM

…it looked as though the Obama operation was flying by the seat of its pants.

And with that sentence, the scales fall from Maureen’s eyes…

Mallard T. Drake on December 30, 2009 at 2:53 PM

LOL!

powerpro on December 30, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Hilarious

Geochelone on December 30, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Thank you for banning the racist troll, Ed!

BlueStateBilly on December 30, 2009 at 3:29 PM

[Comment deleted, user banned. -- Ed]

inevitable on December 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Is there a Hot Air award for Most Appropriate Screenname?

UltimateBob on December 30, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Or did you just make it up? Who needs facts when you can just say stuff, right?

Proud Rino on December 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM

With all that has been said – and not said.
With all that has been done – and not done.
With all that we’ve come to learn – and suspect remains to learn …. what you said above could very easily qualify as one of the top ten stupidest things said in 2009.

oldfiveanddimer on December 30, 2009 at 3:47 PM

If Maureen Dowd ain’t happy (with Obama); ain’t nobody happy (with Obama). The Hope & Change crowd expects results.

TN Mom on December 30, 2009 at 4:07 PM

this POSOTUS will go down in history as the worst prez ever
-royzer

Agree on both counts.

paul1149 on December 30, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Just one question…how far will he fall…i predict the lowest approval ratings…EVAH…before he\’s done.

winston on December 30, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Another isolated incident
Hmmmmm

But don’t worry folks
Hussain’s vacationing
and you all keep workin

macncheez on December 30, 2009 at 5:27 PM

The biggest question for Maureen is:Does the carpet match the drapes?fossten on December 30, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Best comment of the year – ding, ding, ding, ding

Colorado Anne on December 30, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Storybec on December 30, 2009 at 11:21 AM

That’s what I thought too – HA!!

Colorado Anne on December 30, 2009 at 5:40 PM

This isn’t out of character for MoDo. She is and always will be a kat, claws and all. Now and then she has to chide her idol just so that we, the general public, will respect her. You know, so we’ll think that she’s a serious editorialist who isn’t pining away for great ONE. She gave the game away by reverting back to her Mr. Spock sobriquet. It’s her pet name that she usually uses to describe his oh so logical intellect (yeah, the irony is not wasted on me either).

Well, Mo, just like all the other men in your life, try as you may, we don’t respect you.

MJBrutus on December 30, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Heck of a job, Barry.

Spock:“The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few.”

Obama:“I won. Whats for lunch?”

portlandon on December 30, 2009 at 5:52 PM

If I’m very, very lucky I may live another twenty years. I do not intend to waste one minute of that remaining life reading a Dowd column, even if she slams her own beloved boy king. I will take your word for it, Ed, and be gleeful vicariously through you.

Extrafishy on December 30, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Or did you just make it up? Who needs facts when you can just say stuff, right?

Proud Rino on December 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Once again … I don’t know how many times I see this with people who parse words and phrases and just can’t extrapolate…
I’m at a loss …What is your problem… /R

jerrytbg on December 30, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Um, Obama’s base isn’t really that happy with Dowdy. She didn’t suck up to him enough during the primaries. I think we expect the VP to be a little more responsible than a spinster NY Times writer.

Speedwagon82 on December 30, 2009 at 6:35 PM

No Dorian Gray for Maureen Dowd, her NYT headshot stays young and she ages in real life.

Credit where credit is due, her criticism of Obama was spot on.

Mr. Joe on December 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM

She’s in NYC… sees the writing on the wall… she’s either trying to save her career once the reality of his incompetence becomes all too deadly… or she’s trying to shame him into action before it’s too late… or both.

mankai on December 30, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Just wondering, but exactly when was the last time Maureen Dowd wrote anything that anyone actually gave a damn about?

pilamaye on December 30, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Wisdom along with age has finally caught up with old Red

Wade on December 30, 2009 at 7:44 PM

The 0-sycophants are crying out for their blundering figurehead to FAKE IT BETTER BARACK!

That’s the essence of the MSM “criticism” of Obama.

LIE MORE EFFECTIVELY, SCHMUCK!

Scum and scumsuckers.

profitsbeard on December 30, 2009 at 7:56 PM

The libs will soon figure out this president is only about his legacy as it relates to social engineering.
His health scare bill is ALL he cares about because he understands history will reward his term for the effort no matter how bad it is or how bad it screwed up the system.

FireBlogger on December 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM