Gallup: Palin comes thisclose to replacing Hillary as most admired woman

posted at 6:43 pm on December 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

No mean feat: With the sole exception of 2001, when Laura Bush likely got a 9/11-fueled bounce, Hillary’s taken the top prize every year since 1997. Not one win for Condi Rice, America? Not one?

I thought this was the ‘Cuda’s year. Book mega-sales, her every utterance covered obsessively by the media, the darling of the conservative base — and meanwhile Hillary, her exalted position notwithstanding, has seemed practically invisible for weeks on end. How’d she do it? Here’s how:

sp-gallup

Hillary finishes second among Republicans while among Democrats Palin doesn’t even show. Then again, Hillary’s got a much tougher field on her side of the aisle: If not for FLOTUS and America’s favorite billionaire, she’d probably crack 50 percent on the left.

The One naturally wins going away as most admired man, but check this out. It took until December 30 but I’ve finally found my favorite data point of the year:

gb-gallup

Glenn Beck is more admired by independents than Nelson Mandela and the Pope?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Duh. She’s got two things Shrillary hasn’t: good looks and a child.

The good looks are beneficial for obvious reasons, and the child allows her to play the Almighty Mother card – a big bonus with conservatives. Not to mention the fact that unwarranted slander from the leftists on Trig’s intelligence is turning her into a mommy-martyr.

Dark-Star on December 30, 2009 at 7:24 PM

This may be reality but it’s a GRIM reality. All superficial. Obummer and Palin are both superficial politicians.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Those of you attacking Hillary because her age is showing these days…..

I want to say this. I respect anyone who resists the botox. For me? I resist those “golf course” hair-do’s.

There’s something to be said for aging with grace.

Second of all, it’s still sexism, which is what Sarah faces, daily.

Can’t have it both ways.

AnninCA on December 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I do admire Hillary for staying with her philandering man, who made a worldwide fool of her and her family, just to further her own ambitions.

Takes big balls to throw away any self of self-worth just to get elected.

Hurricanes on December 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Oops- “sense of self-worth”……

Hurricanes on December 30, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I think the word he used was “idiocy.”

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:20 PM

That’s why it’s troubling: it isn’t idiocy to say this.
Ask the Israelis and Jews.

AP, if you’re going to practice such heavy-handed censorship here, I don’t know if I can post on HA anymore.
I am, quite frankly, extremely shocked and I don’t appreciate you referring to those us of us who believe the Jews to be God’s chosen people as engaging in “idiocy.”
You have let arguments go on and on,on threads here that were infinitely less substantive than the one on the Paul threads about Jews, yet you actually closed the comments because you deemed it “idiocy.”
Honestly, you have some explaining to do.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I believe HRC will oppose BHO in 2012. That’s going to be the nastiest battle ever.

Oink on December 30, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I don’t think so. The Donks will implode. You’ll have the Snoop Dog Dems (blacks) rioting like there’s no tomorrow if their plantation masters dare to remove their king.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Thats right.If you think she got bashed by the dem/media obamabots before,that would be NOTHING compared to what would happen if shed run against him.Plus,ive seen many HRC supporters say they would vote for Palin over Hillary anyway.They are PO’d that she accepted a position in his cabinet after the way she was treated during the campaign.

theTarCzar on December 30, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Those of you attacking Hillary because her age is showing these days…..

There’s something to be said for aging with grace.

Second of all, it’s still sexism, which is what Sarah faces, daily.

Can’t have it both ways.

AnninCA on December 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Point.

Furthermore I note some amount of hypocracy on this site, perhaps racially motivated. One cannot comment on Michele Obama’s appearance (with its obvious flaws and shortcomings), but Clinton (I refuse to call her “Hillary”) is fair game. What’s up with that? P.C. check.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:31 PM

AnninCA,
Do you truly believe Mzzz Clinton to be admirable? I need to understand how women can admire a “feminist” that allows her philandering husband to publicly humiliate her, on a scale so vast that the sex act discussed in the Grand Jury became a verb named for the fellatrix that serviced her husband, Bubba.
Please advise.

mountainmanbob on December 30, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Heh, just waiting for LOL!voxpopuli to come here and start braying!

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I want to thank AP for shutting down that silly Ron Paul thread.

Del Dolemonte on December 30, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:29 PM

He’s an arrogant atheist, that’s why. “Free thinker” and all that.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:32 PM

her every utterance covered obsessively by the media

Accompanied by a cacophony of sneers, jeers and catcalls. With the MSM’s foaming at the mouth coverage of anything Palin I’m surprised she showed up at all. Oh, but wait, the MSM is auguring into the ground with respect to public interest. Could there be a connection? Hmmm…

davo on December 30, 2009 at 7:33 PM

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM

You are so full of it.Again,she risked her entire political career to fight corruption in her OWN party..thats “superficial”? Meanwhile Obama was “born n raised”in the corruption of his party.He was the golden boy of the most corrupt political machine in the country.He bathes in the stuff.

theTarCzar on December 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM

I think the word he used was “idiocy.”

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:20 PM
That’s why it’s troubling: it isn’t idiocy to say this.
Ask the Israelis and Jews.

Honestly, you have some explaining to do.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I would not deign to put words in AP’s mouth, but from MY perspective, “Jews are God’s favorites” is the same as “Jews deserve the oven.” Both are racist. Both are bigoted.

I’ve already explained to you: You’re a cancer on the party.

It’s simple, really.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Hillary was and is a true moderate. She gets it.

AnninCA on December 30, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I disagree. Pushing socialized health care is not moderate. Any moderation from her appears to be for political cover.

But the same is true for most politicians. They ALL need to be flushed!

csdeven on December 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM

True, sadly enough. At least Palin is proving to be a success in other fields. Maybe she’ll stick to writing or form a hot conservative band or become the first talk-show host who isn’t a pottymouthed old fart.

Dark-Star on December 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM

AnninCA,
Please advise.

mountainmanbob on December 30, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Forgiveness is more admirable than vindictiveness. ^_^

And that was literally like, over 10 years ago. I can’t believe there are still people out there that want to live in those 90s times and beat Hillary over the head with what BILL did.

lansing quaker on December 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:29 PM
He’s an arrogant atheist, that’s why. “Free thinker” and all that.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:32 PM

More cancer cells.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Takes big balls to throw away any self of self-worth just to get elected.

Hurricanes on December 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM

+1000!!! Which is another reason to despise her.

csdeven on December 30, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Except for those of you who hate her, which I’ll never quite get, Hillary is admirable.

AnninCA on December 30, 2009 at 7:21 PM

What exactly has Hillary “accomplished” in her adult life that is “admirable”? Just curious.

Del Dolemonte on December 30, 2009 at 7:36 PM

He’s an arrogant atheist, that’s why. “Free thinker” and all that.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:32 PM

That would explain it, however, I thought HA was a place to have real, and free, discussion about the issues.
No more.
By closing the thread, we never got voxpopuli to explain why believing the Biblical word that Jews were God’s chosen people was “bigotry.”
I am still very shocked and extremely disappointed and angry that AP would do this.
It’s a turn for the worse here at HA and not unlike what’s been happening at Charles Johnson’s LFG.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:36 PM

theTarCzar on December 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Palinbot Prime Response Coding: Palin Is Better Than Obama.

But so is my dog. He’s a cute little guy, very charming.

What’s your point?

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:36 PM

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM

LOL! Voxpopulol thinks someone else is a cancer? LOL!

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Agreed,
Instead of being juvenile about it, we should be focusing on a person’s ideology and character rather than their outward appearance.

Juno77 on December 30, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Yes, I guess you’re right.

davidk on December 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM

LOL! Voxpopulol thinks someone else is a cancer? LOL!

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Who let the hyena in?

Dark-Star on December 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Jenfidel, I am not shocked. He’s simply doing what atheist regimes in China and the Soviet Union would do: Shut down anything that does not reflect the party line.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM

No more.

Stop being a crybaby. You’re permitted to have free discussion about the issues pertinent to a post. Arguing over theological issues wasn’t germane to the Paul post and it isn’t germane here, so here’s the official warning to you and voxpopuli: Stay on topic. If you guys want to argue about this elsewhere, by all means have at it.

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Who let the hyena in?

Dark-Star on December 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM

How ya doing, deadbeat dad? How many of your kids do our tax dollars support?

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Heh, just waiting for LOL!voxpopuli to come here and start braying!

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 6:53 PM
I want to thank AP for shutting down that silly Ron Paul thread.

Del Dolemonte on December 30, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I think the thread was actually shut down because it had descended into Vox’s nether region. Go check it out.

HornetSting on December 30, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Jenfidel, I am not shocked. Some of us are too stupid for words.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Fix’d

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Notice that he puts Jenfidel, an intelligent and conservative commenter here on the same level as voxpopulol?

You are an unjust person, Allahpundit.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:40 PM

beat Hillary over the head with what BILL did.

lansing quaker on December 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM

I believe he criticized Hillary for what Hillary did. Namely sacrifice her dignity for political expediency.

csdeven on December 30, 2009 at 7:41 PM

HornetSting on December 30, 2009 at 7:39 PM

His threat to ban Jenfidel indicates otherwise. He is unjust.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:42 PM

You are an unjust person, Allahpundit.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Yes, my telling commenters to stay on topic was a cruel and vicious exercise in moral equivalence.

This isn’t a bulletin board. If you want to discuss Palin or Hillary here, have at it. Otherwise, please stay on topic.

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 7:43 PM

No, Ann, what Hillary would have done, just as Billy Jeff, is let the polls run her presidency. Which isnt always a bad thing. The only reason BJ managed the numbers he did is because he went where the numbers (and Dick Morris) told him to go. Hillary is smart enough to do better than The Won. I lived in an abusive marriage for 14 yrs. I dont have respect for Hill living with a philanderer all those yrs, just as I dont respect myself for my own cowardice. So, yes, in one respect you’re right, she would have been more of a moderate.

di butler on December 30, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Allah, you’re entirely rushing to judgment. Other posters were over there smearing Ron Paul with the predictable “anti-Semite/Neo-Nazi” label. Their OWN prejudices, as opposed to Paul’s, were thereby easily exposed.

With all due respect, I fail to see why I deserve a warning for straying off topic, just for exposing the root of the smears against Paul. I welcome your further thoughts if you have them.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:43 PM

What’s your point?

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:36 PM

My point is she puts her money where her mouth is,so to speak.Now,whats your point?You keep saying she’s superficial…examples?

theTarCzar on December 30, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 7:39 PM

More insults when I had a legitimate complaint.

I’ve never seen a single thread here or anywhere else that stayed completely on topic.

Been nice posting here with you, Conservative friends.
Enjoy the new Little Green Footballs.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:44 PM

AP, I’ll hold them. You punch.

Coronagold on December 30, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 7:43 PM

“Stay on topic?” Why is it that you suddenly have this grist to grind about being germane, while you have tolerated jackass trolls like voxpopulol who consistently derail threads?

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:45 PM

My favorite quote about Hil and Bubba comes from Dennis Miller, who said, “That marriage couldn’t be more about convenience if there was a Slurpee machine at the end of the bed.” Hillary is a Liberal, period.

kingsjester on December 30, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Been nice posting here with you, Conservative friends.
Enjoy the new Little Green Footballs.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Don’t go, Jenfidel. Palinhaters like AP WANT you to go. Don’t gratify him.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Dennis Miller is excellent.

Coronagold on December 30, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Got an email addie? I won’t discuss this here anymore.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Coronagold on December 30, 2009 at 7:46 PM

You better stay on topic or AP will ban you. NOT.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:47 PM

My post was for you, atheling.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Got an email addie? I won’t discuss this here anymore.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:47 PM

catalina_caesar@hotmail.com

Email me!

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:47 PM

atheling, find me on Facebook or Twitter under Jenfidel.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Yes, we’re a regular North Korea here at Hot Air. This is, as far as I can recall, the very first time in my three years of posting here where I’ve asked someone to stay on topic and the response has been anything other than “ok, sorry.” But I’m the problem one.

It’s Michelle’s site. If you want to e-mail her and demand your right to engage in endless debate on the topic of your choice in any thread you like, the address is writemalkin -at- gmail.com.

You made your point, they made theirs, and we were headed for another thousand comments on who the bigger bigot is and who God loves more and so on and so forth. I’d say that was sufficiently far afield from the original post to end things there.

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Agreed,
Juno77 on December 30, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Yes, I guess you’re right.
davidk on December 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Anyone in the public eye will always end up with the wrong expression at times.

My point is that instead of merely looking at a person’s superficial appearance and race, we should keep things on an adult level of discussion on a person’s ideology, and dare I say it, the ‘Content of their character’.

Given the gravity with which the current situation in the country, those other things are meaningless distractions.

Juno77 on December 30, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Perhaps, AP was being PC in admonishing both of you. Regardless, don’t leave Jenfidel.

anXdem on December 30, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I thought you liked threads with thousands of comments.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:51 PM

anXdem on December 30, 2009 at 7:51 PM

He wasn’t being PC. He hates Palin and Christians, so he was after Jenfidel.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:52 PM

I thought you liked threads with thousands of comments.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:51 PM

No, not when they’re getting off-topic. Otherwise every thread would be an open thread or we’d move to a full bulletin board format.

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Can we please get back to some Hillary bashing?

:-)

csdeven on December 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Well,now im seeing whats up..most of the Palin haters on here are Paulbots,who cant seem to get why Ronnie gets ridiculed ,while Palin is admired.So they lash out with insults,even calling her daughter “slutty”.Ron Paul might be right on some things,but he loses all credibility when he constantly claims we deserve terror attacks,because of”this or that”.Hes no better than the worst moonbat on many issues.

theTarCzar on December 30, 2009 at 7:54 PM

What a confession that D’s would pick Maya Angelou…

daesleeper on December 30, 2009 at 7:54 PM

He hates Palin and Christians, so he was after Jenfidel.

Right, I “hate Christians.” I’m actually glad to see you smearing me that way, because the fact that you won’t be banned for it proves how much we actually do tolerate from commenters. Like I say, a regular North Korea we are.

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM

csdeven on December 30, 2009 at 7:41 PM

No. That is complete and total conjecture.

To wit: was bringing Levi Johnston to her RNC speech after the Bristol Pregnancy story broke “political expediency” to force the Palins to APPEAR as one happy family working through challenges? Or was it genuine, innocent, naive good faith? Or was it a bit of both?

The answer is no doubt going to be more than biased, often-partisan conjecture, just as with Hillary and Bill working through and moving past the Lewinsky affair.

lansing quaker on December 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM

ok…what’s dear leader doing at #2 for the GOP?
huh? come on

cmsinaz on December 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Well, THAT went over like a turd in the punchbowl.
Thank you, Allah. We’ll all make sure to thank Michelle for continuing to employ you~I’m glad you finally admitted that this is not YOUR website, as you said when you threatened to ban me.
That said, you make my blood boil, but you have interesting threads, so I will continue to take my HPB meds and read on.

Now, as to not anger you by not staying on topic, who would win in a head to head battle, cagematch, no rules:
SarahCuda or Hilldabeast?

HornetSting on December 30, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Then why do you tolerate voxpopulol when he derails threads? In every damned thread he visits, he manages to invoke Palin and insults Palin supporters, among others – even if the thread is not about Palin! Completely irrelevant, rude and juvenile. Yet, for months, you have tolerated him and said nothing about his irrelevant comments.

Yet Jenfidel gets involved, and you slam her? Why is that?

One can only come to one conclusion.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 7:57 PM

He hates Palin and Christians, so he was after Jenfidel.

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Maybe now you see my point. That’s how they do things.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:57 PM

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Dark-Star on December 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Get a room.

katy the mean old lady on December 30, 2009 at 7:57 PM

What’s your point?

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:36 PM

theTarCzar on December 30, 2009 at 7:44 PM

For the most part, I adopt the views of this excellent piece wholeheartedly:

You, of course, will disagree . . .

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Can we please get back to some Hillary bashing?

:-)

csdeven on December 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Here’s an OT point: why is it so compelling for some commenters to trash Hillary’s physical appearance? Why not bash the idiotic Alan Grayson or Scary Harry Reid for their appearance. I’m not a fan of Hilary’s policies by any stretch, but who cares what she looks like?

anXdem on December 30, 2009 at 7:59 PM

I never saw a request from you to stay on topic on that thread and certainly not before it was summarily closed to comments.

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 7:49 PM

In addition to your other talents, it seems you’re also a psychic.
Why bother to have comments at all if you already know what your commenters are going to say before they say it?
The threads *always* go off topic.
For you, this is about something else.
I can be a psychic, too: I predict that the Paul thread won’t be the last one you close to comments and that I won’t be the last poster with whom you disagree that you threaten with banishment.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:59 PM

That’s why it’s troubling: it isn’t idiocy to say this.
Ask the Israelis and Jews.

Honestly, you have some explaining to do.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I am a Roman Catholic and the Roman Catholic church teaches, as a matter of doctrine known by God’s revelation to man in the Holy Scriptures, that the Jews are indeed the chosen people of God.

The nuns taught this to us in the first grade.

If AP wants to insult and degrade, let him take it up with practicing Catholics, or maybe the Pope, and if that doesn’t work, with the Almighty, who AP thinks isn’t here, there or anywhere, and AP don’t know it but he is right, ’cause He is everywhere.

tigerlily on December 30, 2009 at 7:59 PM

SarahCuda or Hilldabeast?
HornetSting on December 30, 2009 at 7:57 PM

SaracCuda.

Juno77 on December 30, 2009 at 8:00 PM

7% of Republicans admire Obama?

RINOs in foolscap.

profitsbeard on December 30, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I don’t read most of the comments (I was tipped by e-mail to what was going on in the Paul thread), but if he’s doing that in other threads then you should absolutely e-mail me next time and let me know.

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Glenn Beck is more admired by independents than Nelson Mandela and the Pope?

Guess which one isn’t a nationalizing Communist and you’ll have your answer.

mankai on December 30, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Is see the Paulbot hasn’t managed to get this thread closed, yet.

As for the poll, Hillary 16% and Palin 15% is ing the context of:

Results are based on telephone interviews with 1,025 national adults, aged 18 and older, conducted Dec. 11-13, 2009. For results based on the total sample of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points.

Pretty darn good considering what Palin has been through and the lack of information many have about her actual accomplishments. Thank you McCain campaign back stabbers.

aikidoka on December 30, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Hillary has been in the spotlight for 17 years. Palin, one.

I’d say this is a good day for Governor Palin.

madmonkphotog on December 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Thank you. I am a Christian but I hate threads getting hyjacked into religious discussions that have no relevancy to the thread topic. I wont even stay on a thread when that happens…it’s called “beating a dead horse”–not to mention that you are giving vox the goldfish food it so craves….

lovingmyUSA on December 30, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Thank you.

I shall.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Yeah, that’s what they teach… this year… that is, when the Pope isn’t finding a moral equivalence between Israel and Hezbollah.

Open your eyes. You might want to read some of the statements from your tradition from other popes in regard to the Jews.

mankai on December 30, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I thought rich people were evil? Why is Bill Gates on the Democrat list but not on the Republican list?

Ortzinator on December 30, 2009 at 8:04 PM

POSSIBLE ADMIRABLE DEM WOMEN?….LOOK AT THE POSSIBLE LIST?

Let’s seeeeeee…..mmmmmm…..

Sen. Dianne Feinstein

Rep. Debbie Viciousman Schultz of Florida

Sen. Barbara Boxer

Sen. Patty Murray

DHS Secy Napolitano

Did I miss some?

With that pool to pick from is it any wonder that Cankles and Ms. Pumpkin Dress beat out the OOOOOOOprah?

PappyD61 on December 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Sarah Palin is SELF made and is just getting warmed up.

Hillary rode on her husband’s coat tails and aside from holding empty titles (including SOS) has accomplished absolutely nothing on her own.

Recall: Cattlegate, Travelgate, White Water and holding undocumented meetings in smoke filled rooms designed to foist her LEFTIST Healthcare initiatives on us by brazenly side-stepping over-sight.

Hillary is a pure power-mad politician, an Obama in a pant-suit, a chicago Alinskyite thru and thru.

Geochelone on December 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM

The threads *always* go off topic.
For you, this is about something else.

No, it isn’t about anything else. It’s about me seeing a thread that’s already got almost 700 comments in it and that’s degenerated into a quarrel over religion and bigotry and is about to spill into a flame war that I’m then going to have to police when I don’t have time to do so. Most threads that veer off-topic don’t fit that bill. Why you continue to argue with me and cast aspersions on my motives, I don’t know.

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM

No more religion talk, please! I like my Catholicism to manifest in Catholic-related threads! >:-(

This thread should be about two American political Goddesses. <3 Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton and Sarah Louise Palin. <3 <3 <3

I hope they have that "coffee summit" together. It would be legendary, divine, and so undeniably epic.

lansing quaker on December 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM

lovingmyUSA on December 30, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Yeah, I hate the hijacking too… but as in any thread, I won’t sit back and watch history and facts get whitewashed just so people don’t get their feelings hurt.

For a while, HA became Ed’s personal RC blog with a RC-related entry about every other day. HA was featuring a “Blogging the Quran” series, so when relevant, I blogged “Sacred Tradition.”

mankai on December 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM

You, of course, will disagree . . .

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:58 PM

All the credibility that article might have had went out the window with A.its obvious dislike and snarkiness towards Palin and B.its apparent belief that Obama actually wrote his book,while Palin used a ghostwriter.Fail. Plus,it wasnt meant to be a policy book,but more of an autobiography.

theTarCzar on December 30, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Ortzinator on December 30, 2009 at 8:04 PM

See George Soros.

HornetSting on December 30, 2009 at 8:07 PM

And now here’s a general request for everyone to return to the topic at hand (and not, say, a debate about Catholicism). My apologies for steering the thread off course momentarily to deal with this.

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 8:08 PM

O/T

Anyone watching the Idaho game?

AWESOME.

BPD on December 30, 2009 at 8:09 PM

I guess “admire” can be construed many ways… in some very unpleasant ways I “admire” HRC… but if asked only in a positive light… she’d be far far down the list… if on it at all.

I will say that I “admire” her compared to Barry.

mankai on December 30, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Hillary was and is a true moderate. She gets it.

AnninCA on December 30, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Bull effing sh!t…

ladyingray on December 30, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Get a room.

katy the mean old lady on December 30, 2009 at 7:57 PM

You forgot to tell them to wipe their chins…

lovingmyUSA on December 30, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Now hold on just a minute. It was not me who was spouting anti-Semite rhetoric or claiming “Jews are God’s chosen people.” Remember? Not me.

And just generally, I take plenty of abuse around this place from all sides that is totally beyond the pale — profanity, etc. Stuff I would never dream of doing. But I don’t complain. You seem to be saying we should.

So what is this email address? Is it open to anyone who takes abuse, or only a select few? I’m keenly interested.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Hillary was and is a true moderate. She gets it.

AnninCA on December 30, 2009 at 7:26 PM
Bull effing sh!t…

ladyingray on December 30, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Giggle. Good to see that Ann is back to throwing feces.

HornetSting on December 30, 2009 at 8:10 PM

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 8:10 PM

No, it’s open to everyone BUT you, Vox.

HornetSting on December 30, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Geochelone on December 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM

You forgot the FBI files fiasco.If that had happened during a Republican administration,it would have been a bigger scandal than Watergate(and it should have been).Who knows how the info in those 300+files(All repubs and conservative dems)have been used over the years?

theTarCzar on December 30, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Takes big balls to throw away any self of self-worth just to get elected.

Hurricanes on December 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I think she is an idiot and I have no respect for her because she has no self respect.

ladyingray on December 30, 2009 at 8:12 PM

I can only assume this poll was taken before Tiger’s fall from grace, but with the Dems you never know.

BadgerHawk on December 30, 2009 at 8:14 PM

And now here’s a general request for everyone to return to the topic at hand…

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 8:08 PM

O/T

Anyone watching the Idaho game?

AWESOME.

BPD on December 30, 2009 at 8:09 PM

EPIC WIN.

MadisonConservative on December 30, 2009 at 8:15 PM

HornetSting on December 30, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Shhhh. Grownups are talking.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Don’t leave Jenfidel, you are a valuable contributor. It will be our loss.

Geochelone on December 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM