Ron Paul on the airline plot: “They’re terrorists because we’re occupiers!”

posted at 10:00 pm on December 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

I’ve already written about how his isolationist garbage leads inexorably to nonsense like this, so let me just add two points. First, and most obviously, there is no U.S. occupation of Yemen or Nigeria. The only way the airline plot is a reaction to U.S. “occupation” is if you accept the jihadist premise that there are no Arab/Muslim nation-states but rather only one Islamic caliphate waiting to be born. Only in that way does the U.S. occupation of Iraq warrant a reprisal from, say, a Pakistani or Yemeni. And yet, needless to say, if Britain was attacked tomorrow and Obama pledged U.S. forces to assist in the reprisal, Paul would be the first guy to scream that we should scrupulously observe national boundaries and not go fighting another country’s battles for it.

Second, as usual, his facts are wrong. He uncritically accepts Abdulmutallab’s assertion that the bomb plot was retaliation for the U.S. airstrike on jihadi camps in Yemen. Not so: As Jake Tapper explained yesterday, this turd had already been mobilized and had even bought his Northwest ticket before we struck. Purely and simply, America’s Greatest Patriot is parroting propaganda cooked up by jihadist pieces of sh*t because it happens to fit his insane foreign policy agenda. Support him and his disciples at your peril.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

LOL Hey Dark-Star, and you were asking me not to call this trash, trash? This is the same person who said n***** 30 years ago.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:33 PM

That’s the ticket, braying jackass! Another LOL!

How does it feel, Dark-Star, to befriend the above troll? Let’s see…

You’ve placed yourself on the side of deadbeat dads and loony-laughing trolls on this site.

Not a very good day for you, is it?

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Libertarianism is a sociological phenoma like the 60′s revolution, there is no reason to be had. Complete waste of time to deal with Paultards, they do not care about facts as this thread shows, just their own idiocy and idol worship.

jp on December 30, 2009 at 6:36 PM

How much money did Paul allegedly receive from “David Duke and Stormfront”?

Now how much did he receive from everybody elses?

Please provide specific dollar figures.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I don’t have to.
That’s not at issue here.
But Paul himself acknowledged to the press that he had received money from them.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Whats your point supposed to be?

Itchee Dryback on December 30, 2009 at 6:35 PM

It has no point.

All it does it bray, shriek about Palin, and bray some more.

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Hey, Voxignoramus,

The poster you called “the biggest cry-baby on the web” wants you to come out and play a while, you non ad hominem using intellectual, you.

kingsjester on December 30, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I though you were on your campaign to have me banned?

Keep trying. Somewhere, some day, someone will actually listen to you.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Vox’s arguments may be wrong

Dark-Star on December 30, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Why, I take umbrage, my good fellow. My arguments are spot-on!

LOL

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I don’t have to.
That’s not at issue here.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Ignore that neocons want to start disastrous wars against Iran and Syria. The important thing is that a StormFront member gave Ron Paul ten bucks!!!

The Dean on December 30, 2009 at 6:39 PM

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:33 PM

I’ve never used that word.
I’m no bigot.

And it’s Paul and his friends who are white supremacists.
Go over to Stormfront where they love to use the “N word.”
Both of them–the one you mentioned and Nazi, too.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Whats your point supposed to be?

Itchee Dryback on December 30, 2009 at 6:35 PM

I think her panties are in a bunch because Ron Paul was accused of taking a donation from a White Supremacist.

As I recall, Ed Morrisey did some interesting research on this when he was running Captain’s Quarters. As I recall, Paul accepted money from the second husband of David Duke’s ex-wife…who is also a White Supremacist.

Ah, yes, I found it:

Del Dolemonte on December 30, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Ignore that neocons want to start disastrous wars against Iran and Syria.

I’ve never heard anyone advocate war with Syria.
As for Iran, what are we going to do if they have nukes?

The important thing is that a StormFront member gave Ron Paul ten bucks!!!

The Dean on December 30, 2009 at 6:39 PM

StormFront and David Duke gave Ron Paul lots and lots more money than $10 and still do.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:41 PM

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Nobody has to campaign to get you banned, Scooter. You’re in the process of doing it all by yourself, just like simplesimon.

kingsjester on December 30, 2009 at 6:42 PM

LOL Freeper. What’s the matter, is World Net Daily down? LOL Clown.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:34 PM

profound

:rolleyes

jp on December 30, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Most of the leading buyers of American military hardware in 2008 had two characteristics in common: they speak Arabic and their governments are opposed to democracy and basic freedoms.

Rae on December 30, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Whats your point supposed to be?
The manufacturers of weapons are private corporations. If there is no ban on selling to an individual country, on what legal basis could the sale not go thru?

Itchee Dryback on December 30, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Go here, Del: Ron Paul and his Neo Nazi supporters
Paul got millions from a lot more than just one lone white supremacist!
Loads of links in the story, too.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Ignore that neocons want to start disastrous wars against Iran and Syria.

The Dean on December 30, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Obama Implements Neocon Strategy Against Iran

There are various signs in today’s news that the Obama administration policy is pressed to and is actually following a neocon policy towards Iran that is designed to end in a U.S. attack on Iran for the benefit of Israel.

Several political actions reported in recent days seem to follow the recommendations of 2008 study that was written by neocon’s hosted at the American Enterprise Institute.

Dennis Ross seems to be a main actor in this effort.

Del Dolemonte on December 30, 2009 at 6:46 PM

sorry, reposted link:
Paul & Neo Nazi Supporters

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:49 PM

How much money did Paul allegedly receive from “David Duke and Stormfront”?

Now how much did he receive from everybody elses?

Please provide specific dollar figures.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 5:54 PM
I don’t have to.
That’s not at issue here.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Yeah. That’s what I thought. LOL

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Go here, Del: Ron Paul and his Neo Nazi supporters

Paul got millions from a lot more than just one lone white supremacist!

Loads of links in the story, too.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Linkee No Workee!

Oops, is that “racist”?

Del Dolemonte on December 30, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Paul got millions from a lot more than just one lone white supremacist!
Loads of links in the story, too.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:46 PM

he also got funding overseas from Palestinians/Hamas like Obama. They know a Useful Idiot when they see it.

jp on December 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM

You’ll take the word of that linked story, even though that’s the only place I’ve ever seen the story posted?
Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:29 PM

(^This Bushtard broad and her childish assertions, ad homs and disgusting race-baiting is getting mighty tedious.)

Why, because if you haven’t seen it, it doesn’t exist?

Will the actual Congressional Research Service report suffice? Or does Sean frickin’ Hannity have to “report” it before you’ll believe it’s true?

Rae on December 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Del Dolemonte on December 30, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Thanks.
Captains Quarters…….great place! I just discovered it towards the end, and never posted there, but what a great site it was. I followed the Captain over here.

Itchee Dryback on December 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Yeah. That’s what I thought. LOL voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Just because I couldn’t come up with a “specific dollar figure” as you demanded, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.
Paul will do everything to make sure these figures remain covert.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM

I clam that “Jews are God’s chosen people.” But I’m no bigot.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Sure, honey. Sure.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM

The important thing is that a StormFront member gave Ron Paul ten bucks!!!

The Dean on December 30, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Except you won’t give us the figures . . . right, Palinbot?

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Sure, honey. Sure.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM

How is the belief that the Jews are God’s chosen people bigoted?
This is what the Bible assures us is true.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:53 PM

all you have to do is read through the political forums at Stormfront to see where his base of support comes from.

He hates Israel, lies about Israel and the United States to the Aide of Jihadist who are trying to Destroy the Jews: Stormfront loves this.

They also view the Fed. Govt. as helping Minorities advance and of course the Fed is run by “Jew Bankers” or “International Bankers” or “New York Money People”(code Paul has used)…..so they naturally want the Govt. taken down.

I think the “Ron Paul Newsletters” that ran for over a decade along with the Idiotic Solicitation Letters really say it all about the nutjob

jp on December 30, 2009 at 6:54 PM

The mods find my whining as tiresome as everyone else does. Just another in a lifelong string of failures for me.

kingsjester on December 30, 2009 at 6:42 PM

LOL Fix’d.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Rae on December 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Glanced at the report: Don’t see a lot of “Arab dictatorships” listed.
Only our friends and allies, most of whom aren’t Islamic/Islamist theocracies.

And I don’t particularly care for Sean Hannity.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Go here, Del: Ron Paul and his Neo Nazi supporters
Paul got millions from a lot more than just one lone white supremacist!
Loads of links in the story, too.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:46 PM

You’re repeating yourself, Palinbot.

The questions are simple, though.

1. How much, precisely, do you claim David Duke and Stormfront gave to Ron Paul?

2. How much, precisely, do you claim

everyone else

contributed to his campaigh?

It’s not rocket science. I’m confused why you can’t answer these simple questions with your alleged facts and figures.

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:56 PM

The Ron Paul Campaign and its Neo-Nazi (stormfront) Supporters

jp on December 30, 2009 at 6:57 PM

sorry, reposted link:

Paul & Neo Nazi Supporters

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Very devastating, thanks.

I live in central New Hampshire, and last year all of the Ron Paul signs I saw in my regular travels across the state were in low-income, tiny rural towns. In other words, towns with lower education levels than towns to the south.

Several particularly heavy concentrations along the highway here that Mark Steyn regularly drives to get to the airport in Manchester. Hicksville.

Paul’s looney ideas and ideals are a disgrace to a once-proud Libertarian Party. As I said I voted for Libertarian Harry Browne in 2000 (RIP Harry) so have witnessed firsthand the decline of a once promising political alternative.

Del Dolemonte on December 30, 2009 at 6:58 PM

LOL Fix’d.
voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Nope. You don’t engage in ad hominem attacks at all, do you?

kingsjester on December 30, 2009 at 6:58 PM

I’m sorry. Despite multiple requests for facts and figures, it appears I’m talking out of my donkey. Please accept this conspiracy theory instead.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM

LOL Fix’d

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Itchee Dryback on December 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Yeah, I posted there for a couple of years before Ed moved here.

Del Dolemonte on December 30, 2009 at 7:00 PM

First of all, I agree with Paul’s premise. As to to Allah’s opinion concerning nation states in the middle east, I’d like to point out that there were no nation-states in the region until the Western colonial powers imposed them upon the area in the 18th and 19th centuries. Why should they have to accept boundaries created by Western countries looking to exploit the area for it’s resources?

I agree with our founding fathers and the golden rule when it comes to foreign policy. All of this occupation in the region does nothing but create blowback and this is another prime example. That isn’t to say we are at fault for the terrorist act itself – only the persons directly involved can answer to that. But, we cannot deny that our presence over there creates the type of hostility that leads to this. I support what Washington, Adams, and Jefferson would support – pull the troops out now and get rid of our dependence on foreign oil. It’s a simple solution.

RobbBond on December 30, 2009 at 7:00 PM

How is the belief that the Jews are God’s chosen people bigoted?
This is what the Bible assures us is true.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Oh, The Bible told you one race is “chosen” over all others. NOW I see. Why, that’s not bigoted at all!

LOL “Clown suit, Size 12, in Aisle 4, please.” LOL

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM

LOL Fix’d

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Just curious, when were you neutered?

And where?

Del Dolemonte on December 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM

LOL “Clown suit, Size 12, in Aisle 4, please.” LOL

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM

I don’t know about a “race.”
I do know that the Jews, distinguished by their faith, are a people.
And yes, that’s what the Bible says.
I have no idea where you get “bigotry” from that unless your source is Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Do you have children for whom you refuse to support? Have you abandoned your children to the care of the state?

atheling on December 30, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Nice try.

But that would be physically impossible, seeing as I don’t have children. I can’t even afford a dating relationship right now – never mind marriage or starting a family.

Dark-Star on December 30, 2009 at 7:04 PM

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM

That would be because Israel’s neighbors were engaged in rather horrific religious practices such as child sacrifice.

Dark-Star on December 30, 2009 at 7:05 PM

RobbBond on December 30, 2009 at 7:00 PM

The latter part is even more important, IMO. We don’t even have the option of pulling out so long as we have a nation that has addicted itself to foreign oil.

Dark-Star on December 30, 2009 at 7:06 PM

I don’t know about a “race.”
I do know that the Jews, distinguished by their faith, are a people.
And yes, that’s what the Bible says.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2009 at 7:04 PM

In summary:

1. You claim Jews are special in God’s eyes.

2. But, you’re not bigot.

Riiiiight. “Better put a rush on that clown suit, boys! We’ve got a live one here!” LOL

Palin/God’s Chosen 2012!

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:11 PM

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Intoxicated again voxi?

Itchee Dryback on December 30, 2009 at 7:11 PM

LOL Fix’d

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 6:59 PM
Just curious, when were you neutered?

And where?

Del Dolemonte on December 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Just curious, how much time have you been spending thinking about my genitalia?

voxpopuli on December 30, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Now that this thread’s descended into the idiocy of debating who God’s chosen people are, I’d say it’s run its course. No mas.

Allahpundit on December 30, 2009 at 7:12 PM