Danish magazine: Obama’s greater than Jesus

posted at 4:10 pm on December 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

Think about it. Jesus? The miracle of the loaves and fishes. The One? The miracle of jobs “created or saved.” Jesus? Water into wine. The One? Money from thin air. Jesus? Capable of being everywhere all at once. The One? Ditto. And of course, people have been known to pray to both.

In fairness, to a left-wing atheist, I’d imagine this is a toughie.

Despite all the compromises, it has finally been possible to ensure something so fundamental, as the right of every American not to be financially shipwrecked when their health fails them. Add to that the biggest ever financial support package in America’s history, a major disarmament agreement and the quickest-ever re-establishment of American reputation.

On the other hand, we have Jesus’ miracles that everyone still remembers, but which only benefitted a few. At the same time, we have the wonderful parables about his life and deeds that we know from the New Testament, but which have been interpreted so differently over the past 2000 years that it is impossible to give an unequivocal result of his work.

Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus – if we have to play that absurd Christmas game. But it is probably more meaningful to insist that with today’s domestic triumph, that he has already assured himself a place in the history books – a space he has good chances of expanding considerably in coming years.

Not the first time this comparison’s been made, needless to say. Exit question one: Are they for real or is this just the, er, Danish sense of humor at work? Exit question two: If they are for real, does this mean FDR is greater than Yahweh? Exit question three: On the “greater than” scale, where does this leave The One vis-a-vis the Beatles?

Update: A silly error on my part, now corrected: This is a Danish magazine, not a German one. Apologies for the mistake.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Facepalm

carbon_footprint on December 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM

they thought the same of Hitler

jp on December 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Just when I think I can’t get any more sick of obowma.

SuperManGreenLantern on December 29, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Silly Germans, Jesus didn’t golf.

farright on December 29, 2009 at 4:13 PM

isn’t .dk danish?

lorien1973 on December 29, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Let’s put Ogabe in a cave and seal the entrance with a giant stone. If he manages to move the stone and escape, then I’ll believe the comparison, if not….

Bishop on December 29, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Blasphemy!

vapig on December 29, 2009 at 4:14 PM

they thought the same of Hitler
jp on December 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Point well taken. And definitely not a Godwin attack.

Tennman on December 29, 2009 at 4:14 PM

or is this just the, er, German sense of humor at work?

AP-DK is Denmark. DE is German (Deutschland). This article is from a Denmark site.

conservative pilgrim on December 29, 2009 at 4:14 PM

He’s compared with Jesus for what? He hasn’t even signed the health care bill yet. And it doesn’t guarantee health care for all, it guarantees fines for anyone who doesn’t purchase health care.

Besides, there is no right to health care. Health care is a product. You DO have a right to buy a product, assuming it’s legally available. You do NOT have a right to take my money for that purchase. That’s called theft, and there is no right to theft.

hawksruleva on December 29, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Silly Germans, Jesus didn’t golf.

farright on December 29, 2009 at 4:13 PM

LMAO! Time to clean the monitor.

Key West Reader on December 29, 2009 at 4:15 PM

LOL hahahaahahahahaha

Ahhh Germany

what a fck up of a country

blatantblue on December 29, 2009 at 4:15 PM

If they really think that he is Jesus then I am all for, in the spirit of foregin relations, willing to send Obama to Germany for the remainder of his life.

milwife88 on December 29, 2009 at 4:15 PM

If only Jesus had gotten the Roman governor to spend, spend, spend instead of focusing on that religion stuff, he wouldn’t have been such a flash in the pan. Spending = stimulus, right?

18-1 on December 29, 2009 at 4:16 PM

If they love this guy so much, they can have him.

Terrye on December 29, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Careful there, Denmark… you’ll give him an ego.

LibTired on December 29, 2009 at 4:16 PM

No, please no! Not another one. I’d rather read about another bigfoot sighting.

singlemalt_18 on December 29, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Ah, yes–Germany! The land that gave the world Lebensraum, Auschwitz, Hitler, the Gestapo, Waffen SS, and so many other memorable things.

Far as I’m concerned, the true legacy of the Thousand Year Reich is that Fritz can’t speak to moral issues until 2945.

Liam on December 29, 2009 at 4:16 PM

If they love this guy so much, they can have him.

Terrye on December 29, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Amen.

hawksruleva on December 29, 2009 at 4:17 PM

That’s called theft, and there is no right to theft.

hawksruleva on December 29, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Yeah, but liberals really want your stuff, so they’ve got, like, a ‘right’ to it.

18-1 on December 29, 2009 at 4:17 PM

The history books will tell us of narcissist who wandered into the office with no experience and tried to impose socialism on our great land.
History will not be kind to this man child.

FireBlogger on December 29, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Silly Germans Danes, Jesus didn’t golf.

farright on December 29, 2009 at 4:13 PM

ftfy

upinak on December 29, 2009 at 4:18 PM

[jp on December 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM]

It’s a big country and a few lemmings should be expected, but it’s something to keep an eye on.

Dusty on December 29, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Jesus was in the service of God

Obama thinks he is God.

Thats the only slimilarity I see

Oil Can on December 29, 2009 at 4:19 PM

The writer forgot about the sign of Jonah.

Keljeck on December 29, 2009 at 4:19 PM

God …. the almighty.

Obama… thinks he is mighty and God.

God… doesn’t have to call out his own name to show he is the ONE!

upinak on December 29, 2009 at 4:20 PM

The great fall of Barack Hussein Obama.

Key West Reader on December 29, 2009 at 4:20 PM

The writer forgot about the sign of Jonah.

Keljeck on December 29, 2009 at 4:19 PM

The writer is probably Luthern.

upinak on December 29, 2009 at 4:20 PM

The writer is probably Luthern.

upinak on December 29, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I forgot they don’t believe in the Bible.

Keljeck on December 29, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Soooooo…

Who are going to be the two theives hanging out with Obowma at the end?

Seven Percent Solution on December 29, 2009 at 4:21 PM

German is .de

Dutch is .dk

Hoodlumman on December 29, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Jesus was in the service of God

Obama thinks he is God.

Thats the only slimilarity I see

Oil Can on December 29, 2009 at 4:19 PM

FIFY

jp on December 29, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Now we are all financially shipwrecked which will cause peoples health to fail them. At least we are all equal though. Right?

Add to that the biggest ever financial support package in America’s history,

Porkulas is a national embarrassment. Not an achievement.

a major disarmament agreement.

Who is disarmed? Beside us I mean.

and the quickest-ever re-establishment of American reputation.

More like quickest reestablishment of terror attacks against our country. Under Obama we have been hit several times in his first year alone.

Who writes this crap?

Guardian on December 29, 2009 at 4:21 PM

they thought the same of Hitler

jp on December 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM

I would say the Hitler-Obama connection is stronger than the Jesus-Obama one. And Godwin was a sissy for you who like Godwin’s law.

inchdeep on December 29, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Dear Liar isn’t fit to carry Ringo’s jockstrap.

rbj on December 29, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Soooooo…

Who are going to be the two theives hanging out with Obowma at the end?

Seven Percent Solution on December 29, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Pelosi and Reid? Dodd and Frank? Geithner and Paulson? Plenty to choose from, there.

hawksruleva on December 29, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I forgot they don’t believe in the Bible.

Keljeck on December 29, 2009 at 4:21 PM

What’s a bible?

upinak on December 29, 2009 at 4:24 PM

So to briefly summerize, the author is basically saying:

“Obama’s critics are silly to make fun of his supporters by stating that Obama’s supporters think of him as Jesus. Everyone KNOWS Obama’s better than Jesus.”

DrAllecon on December 29, 2009 at 4:24 PM

What if Obama is Jesus… does that mean I am a Jew?

Whoa!

upinak on December 29, 2009 at 4:25 PM

The part of the article that confounds me the most is where he says that Jesus’ miracles only helped a few. Well, yeah, if you only pay attention to the loafs and fishes and curing a few blind guys. I suppose turning water into wine didn’t help anyone in particular.

But how myopic do you have to be to not see that the atonement and the Resurrection is a miracle? If you don’t believe that, fine, but at least make that part of your argument.

Then we can discuss the invention of the “individual,” rights language, expanded literacy, the printing press, the preservation of western civilization, the university, modern hospitals…

Keljeck on December 29, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I got a sponge full of vinegar for Obama.

SouthernGent on December 29, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Who are going to be the two theives hanging out with Obowma at the end?

Seven Percent Solution on December 29, 2009 at 4:21 PM

I nominate Pelosi and Reid. Or Nelson and Landrieu.

Wait, one is supposed to be repentant; crap, I can’t think of a repentant thief on Capitol Hill.

Midas on December 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM

[conservative pilgrim on December 29, 2009 at 4:14 PM]

Yeah, it is and I don’t know what language is used lower on the page linked but it’s not German. I should have clicked before commenting. I apologize to any long lost relatives.

Dusty on December 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Keljeck on December 29, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Teaching people to fish, you know, is totally un-biblical. Give the darn fish over to the people, as those fishermen are screwing up the environment, taking without a permit and so on.

Liberal thinking you know.

upinak on December 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM

What’s a bible?

upinak on December 29, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I think it’s that book Muslims like so much.

Keljeck on December 29, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Nu uhhhh! No he di int just say dat! Pffft….where do these people (and I use the term lightly) come from?

sicoit on December 29, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Liam on December 29, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Actually, the Europeans overall are quite entertaining. I had a Belgian harangue me a few years ago about America’s inaction in Rwanda.

Now, not only is it amusing to consider it wasn’t so long ago that Euro-libs complained we didn’t send the US military in to stop mass murdering scumbags, but it is more amusing to consider Belgium’s relations with Central Africa.

Namely, when they owned it as an imperial power they killed something like 10 million people and forced the locals into brutal slave labor. It was the worst example of democide by a European state before Hitler.

18-1 on December 29, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Where are the lightening bolts?

jukin on December 29, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I love my little statue of Obama and the little altar I built in the basement…he hears my every prayer…

I love Obama this I know
For the DNC tell me so
Liberal ones to him belongs
They are weak but he is strong
Yes, Obama loves me
Yes, Obama loves me
Yes, Obama loves me!
The DNC tells me so

Liberal ones he will share
Every one poor he will care
All the rich will face defeat
All his friends will be the elite

Yes, Obama loves me!
Yes, Obama loves me!
Yes, Obama loves me!
The DNC tell me so…

Whatever he wants will be done
For Obama he haith won!

right2bright on December 29, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Great. One has 2.1 billion followers who have been led to a spiritual life of giving, helping, loving and forgiving. The other one? Meh, not so much.

John the Libertarian on December 29, 2009 at 4:27 PM

This is a new one. Obama is giving an “audio statement” right now about the “alleged attack” on the flight to Detroit. Unusual he is not willing to go infront of the camera. This is really strange.

milwife88 on December 29, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Didn’t Jesus heal? The blind,lame,lepers? hmmm maybe we do not need healthcare after all, O can just lay his hand on us.. alot cheaper too!

Ladywolfnl on December 29, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Liberal thinking you know.

upinak on December 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM

After all, I think Obamacare is supposed to function thanks to the miracle of that archaic science known as accounting, right?

Keljeck on December 29, 2009 at 4:28 PM

reminds me of one of the two most influentical German Philosophers, which brought us Postmodernism and the Western World’s current Secular Humanist Culture

“Gods, too, decompose. God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. ”

-Friedrich Nietzsche, The Gay Science (1882, 1887) para. 125

jp on December 29, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Get back to me when he writes a song better than “Rain.”

artlover on December 29, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Keljeck on December 29, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Accounting!?!?! You mean I have to COUNT stuff! Oh WHY oh WHY did you have to bring up numbers. Biden will be devisated! You know 3 words = JOBS!

upinak on December 29, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Obama:

Will make one dollar into many due to printing
Thy have have no lord except Obama thy God
Will spread the Caliphate world wide

OK, these are bad, but I need something

Oil Can on December 29, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Yes, but Jesus does not think he is Obama.

jukin on December 29, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Close enough..

the_nile on December 29, 2009 at 4:30 PM

inchdeep on December 29, 2009 at 4:22 PM

National Socialism is the cool, progressive ‘new’ idea.

Apparently America’s absolute failure to learn history, let alone from history, is finally bearing fruit.

18-1 on December 29, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Do atheists give respect to Jesus’s teachings at least in the same way they may do for Plato, Socrates, and other great philosphers? Even removing the religious matters, Jesus is still a great man one of the greatest men in history.

WashJeff on December 29, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Didn’t Jesus actually, cure people ? Obama-care kills…
Jesus turned water into wine. Obama makes us want to get drunk.
Jesus fed the masses…Obama steals from us.

Jeff2161 on December 29, 2009 at 4:30 PM

The writer is probably Luthern.

upinak on December 29, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Lutheran….
Please if you are going to diss my faith, at least spell the insult correctly…he may be luthern, but he isn’t Lutheran…
You do know the difference between a Lutheran and a Catholic….the Lutheran’s read the bible (an old, very old seminary joke)…

right2bright on December 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Jesus just said that the system worked, doubling down.

Enoxo on December 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Who the hell are the danish? Are they anything like the Scandi shaved yeti subhuman trash?

Darth Executor on December 29, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I can assure you, and I’m sure I won’t be alone….when the bill comes due on this health care debacle, many of us will be finanacially shipwrecked trying to pay for not only our health care, but the health care of millions of others who don’t pay.

So I guess we’ll just rob Peter, to pay Paul, call it justice then call it a day.

capejasmine on December 29, 2009 at 4:32 PM

You do know the difference between a Lutheran and a Catholic….
right2bright on December 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM

The Catholics wear cooler hats?

Darth Executor on December 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Didn’t Jesus actually, cure people ? Obama-care kills…
Jesus turned water into wine. Obama makes us want to get drunk.
Jesus fed the masses…Obama steals from us.

Jeff2161 on December 29, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Liberals take:
Health care cures people
Obama spreads the wealth so all can eat
You got me on the wine…how about he turns everything into a whine?

right2bright on December 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM

jp on December 29, 2009 at 4:29 PM

How shall we, murderers of murderers console ourselves? Must we not become Gods ourselves simply to appear worthy of the deed!?

I love my Nietzsche.

upinak on December 29, 2009 at 4:29 PM

DON’T PANIC! We can use special magical techniques! FIND THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE!

Keljeck on December 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Jesus turned water into wine. Obama makes us want to get drunk.

Jeff2161 on December 29, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Jesus turned water to wine. Obama just whines.

SouthernGent on December 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I apologize to any long lost relatives.

Dusty on December 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Maybe Obama will have mercy on you and you’ll be forgiven. ;-)

conservative pilgrim on December 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM

right2bright on December 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM

the original Catholics did too, just not the Catholics of Luther’s era.

Saint Augustine did, and did not beleive in a Pope which is one of the big sticking points obviously in the divide.

jp on December 29, 2009 at 4:34 PM

right2bright on December 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I am not dissing anything. I was eating and typeing at the same time. Sorry.

Besides I am/was catholic… and the battle goes on.

upinak on December 29, 2009 at 4:34 PM

You do know the difference between a Lutheran and a Catholic….

right2bright on December 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Lutherans sing in four part harmony?

Green Jello?

… potlucks?

Keljeck on December 29, 2009 at 4:34 PM

milwife88 on December 29, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Bad hangover. Have you noticed the bags under his eyes lately? Too much partying.

Key West Reader on December 29, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Who the hell are the danish?
Are they anything like the Scandi shaved yeti subhuman trash?

Darth Executor on December 29, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I dunno, but they taste good! Especially with raisins and cinnamon.

SouthernGent on December 29, 2009 at 4:35 PM

What if Obama is Jesus… does that mean I am a Jew?

Whoa!

upinak on December 29, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Only if you’re a believer. Otherwise you’re like the rest of us: unclean Gentiles, aka dogs.

conservative pilgrim on December 29, 2009 at 4:35 PM

The Germans have always been prey to the cult of personality…

yubley on December 29, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Greater than the Beatles?
Obama may be greater than Paul McCartney,
but not greater than John Lennon.

maverick muse on December 29, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Kerry thinks 0bama’s one of the Four Horsemen, this example of today’s Journalism School graduates think’s 0bama’s Jesus.

I really wish the tards would make up their minds!

MNHawk on December 29, 2009 at 4:35 PM

When women start screaming “oh Obama” instead of “oh God” during sex then I’ll believe it.

stormin1961 on December 29, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Green Jello?

Keljeck on December 29, 2009 at 4:34 PM

With colored marshmellows of course!

conservative pilgrim on December 29, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Obama does have miracles to his credit. For example:
– He changed clunkers into cash;
– He’ll make infanticide into a virtue in his health care bill;
– He’s transmogrified the U.S. dollar into monopoly money.
Of course, there are many more.

Annar on December 29, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Chinese Proverb

faol on December 29, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Soooooo…
Who are going to be the two theives hanging out with Obowma at the end?
Seven Percent Solution on December 29, 2009 at 4:21 PM

“The Rod” and “Dead Fish” hang out with him now.

kingsjester on December 29, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Key West Reader on December 29, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I just assumed that they forgot to pack the “Just for Men”.

milwife88 on December 29, 2009 at 4:37 PM

All this is going to end so badly. A real shame that we need to repeat history over and over and over…

Tuari on December 29, 2009 at 4:37 PM

The great fall of Barack Hussein Obama.

Key West Reader on December 29, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Whoa! Dang!

RushBaby on December 29, 2009 at 4:37 PM

The Danes crack me up. Nobody sane, unless they’re tripping on acid, could seriously write this stuff.

anXdem on December 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM

John Lennon is already a footnote in the books. Obama will be even less; unless something horrible happens as a result of his failed policies. Hopefully our grandchildren will know as little about Obama as we know about Coolidge.

ray on December 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Keljeck on December 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM

WAIT!

Make Biden use a Abacus. But can he spell it is the problem!

upinak on December 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM

He’s even greater than Mohammed, too. Obama Akhbar!!!

TXUS on December 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Risible as this appears at first glance, it’s hard to discern if it’s parody or reality/perception.

Either way it’s funny on the one hand, and extremely tragic on the other.

Shame on us for having allowed the state of the world and of our country to get to here.

Schadenfreude on December 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Come on Allah. Explain to us why a well-meaning, but misguided guy like Barack Obama isn’t better than a fictional character zealots kill people over. Isn’t that how Atheists parse this question?

Inquiring minds.

TheUnrepentantGeek on December 29, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Hey Politken: The muslims still hate you Danes for the cartoons – this won’t help.

Vashta.Nerada on December 29, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Maybe he meant Rod Stewart.

/obscure?

playblu on December 29, 2009 at 4:40 PM

On further reflection, perhaps he’s the…

Twelfth Imam.

TXUS on December 29, 2009 at 4:41 PM

ray on December 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Our grandchildren will remember him because they will still be paying off the debt that he has created in their old age.

farright on December 29, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Hey, if the Danes are all ga-ga over B.O. this much, we’ll be more than happy to ship him over to them so he can serve as their new great leader.

Meanwhile, we’ll just find someone else here who actually knows what they are doing to fill in the vacancy.

pilamaye on December 29, 2009 at 4:43 PM

jp on December 29, 2009 at 4:34 PM

It was a joke…of course everyone is a bible scholar, it was just a joke…
upinak was just joking, just because she was kidding about Lutheran’s I would never hope that she chokes on that elk hoof that she is eating…
Some posts are meant for nothing serious…this is one, this guy is so nuts, no one should take his writings serious, unless you are a raving liberal lunatic…or about 53% of our nations voting public, and I would never wish for them to choke on an elk hoof either….

and a side note:

For upinak, all you and your companions that took care of hawkdriver and his buds….complete admiration and respect for reaching out like that, you really touched some souls over there. I know you didn’t do it for the attention, but you have to be recognized for what you contributed…it was awesome (especially for a Catholic).

right2bright on December 29, 2009 at 4:43 PM