Quotes of the day

posted at 10:37 pm on December 28, 2009 by Allahpundit

“Obama didn’t address his critics during a brief appearance in Hawaii on Monday, saying only that ‘the American people should be assured that we are doing everything in our power to keep you and your family safe and secure during this busy holiday season. … As Americans, we will never give into fear and division.’

“A White House spokesman says the administration wants to avoid making the national security and terrorism a partisan issue.

“‘The president doesn’t think we should play politics with issues like these. He hasn’t. His response has been fact-based and appropriate and will continue to be as such,’ said deputy White House press secretary Bill Burton.”

***
How do you feel—how do you react, personally—when you see the former vice president going on about how this administration is not keeping the American people safe, or has abandoned important policies? Are you dismissive of it? Does it tick you off?
I frankly don’t understand it. There’s a part of me that doesn’t really believe that he believes what he’s saying.

One of the things you said to me a while ago was that the prior administration had actually left a pretty effective counterterrorism infrastructure in place. Tell me about that and what you think they did right.
I don’t think that administration gets enough credit for that. Unlike former vice president Cheney, I have an ability to say [something positive about a rival administration]. I might have disagreed with them on policy matters and certain techniques that they might have used, [but] I think that they did leave in place a system of human and signals intelligence that has allowed us to monitor and to foil plots. Now, having said that, I think we have certainly made improvements.

***
Via the Right Scoop.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Proud Rino on December 29, 2009 at 11:14 AM

You implied it by criticizing others and doubled down by claiming you had the information at the ready.

The depth of your idiocy is hilarious!

csdeven on December 29, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Proud Rino on December 29, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Wow, way to respond in a rude manner when I was just commenting on your efforts to prove to us how smart you are. Did I insult you or make any ad hominem attacks? I know for a fact I showed no such rude to you, but just commented on your posts (there IS a difference). So why do you now make the assertion that I’m stupid?

In fact, I POSTED that I never stated you made that claim explicitly, but that you just implied it…you need to reread my post:

NOTE: I never stated you made that claim specifically…you just imply it with your posts, DESPITE your claim to the contrary.

Miss_Anthrope on December 29, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Given your insult, I’m now about to respond in a manner that YOU understand:

Take remedial reading if you can’t understand what I said, douche. Must be tough being such a total pu$$y in real life that you have to act aggressively in your virtual one.

Miss_Anthrope on December 29, 2009 at 11:27 AM

rude rudeness…posted too quickly.

Quick, Proud RINO! Post about how stoopid I must be for allowing a typo though!!!

Miss_Anthrope on December 29, 2009 at 11:28 AM

csdeven on December 29, 2009 at 11:22 AM

I criticized people for being uninformed. How does being uninformed make someone stupid? Where did I imply that? What? Nowhere? I never implied that anywhere? Great. Nice work csdeven. You fail again.

Proud Rino on December 29, 2009 at 11:29 AM

You are an assclown of colossal proportions and just about every person that reads your drivel knows it. You act that way because you feel safe behind your keyboard. If you ever get outside, you would remind folks of a frightened yapper dog slinking around with your head on a swivel.

csdeven on December 29, 2009 at 11:17 AM

I was trying to relate something similar above. You captured it better.

hawkdriver on December 29, 2009 at 11:29 AM

I know the presidents in order to but what does that have to do with the present president in wanting to close Gitmo? Why did Janet N. not want to call the war on terror anymore? Why do they want to move the Gitmoe guys to the USA mainland? Why are they having a civilian trial in NYC for those terrorists? After the president has apologized for our horrid sins, why do so many immigrants want to move to such an evil land? Has the president heard that Al Queda say yesterday that they are planning more attacks? When will the president want to start profiling people from Muslim background?

garydt on December 29, 2009 at 11:33 AM

‘the American people should be assured that we are doing everything in our power to keep you and your family safe and secure during this busy holiday season.’

A “shout out” from the 3rd tee – during Obama’s “busy holiday season.”

Guess we should all relax – eh?

Oopsdaisy on December 29, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Proud Rino on December 29, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Bwahahahahaha!! Keep on nuancing your despicable behavior. You simply solidify your role as the Hotair court clown.

lol

csdeven on December 29, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Ad hominem, appeal to the crowd

You act that way because you feel safe behind your keyboard.

And you know this based on…what? Nothing? Cool! And I say you act like a jerk because you hate yourself. Man, it’s so easy to just make stuff up!

I was trying to relate something similar above. You captured it better.

hawkdriver on December 29, 2009 at 11:29 AM

That’s just sad.

Proud Rino on December 29, 2009 at 11:39 AM

csdeven on December 29, 2009 at 11:22 AM

You know, it’s really sad that implications abound regarding one’s true beliefs, yet they attempt to sway our opinions using the one sentence they don’t believe as “proof” of their convictions.

Proud RINO, here’s your translation:

Your one sentence about smarts you use as proof isn’t working, as everything else you’ve posted SCREAMS to the contrary of that single sentence. IOW: All of your other posts are incongruous with your “statement” about smarts.

You do know what incongruous means, I’m sure…since you’ve “proven” your intelligence by listing all 44 Presidents for us.

Miss_Anthrope on December 29, 2009 at 11:41 AM

That’s just sad.

Proud Rino on December 29, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Really? What’s sad is you trying to pass yourself off as a Republican.

hawkdriver on December 29, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Proud Rhino and BB are still not answering the questions on BO’s war on terror. They probably didn’t know Kerrys’s plan on Iraq either back in the election of 04, oh well I am used to the leftists not answering moderate to difficult questions.

garydt on December 29, 2009 at 11:44 AM

garydt on December 29, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Right, and that’s their only purpose in coming here; to sidetrack the discussion whose obvious conclusion is that obama is an epic fail as the CinC and chief protector of the American People. Oh well, easy enough to restate.

He and his entire administration own the current problems and climate of appeasement with these murderers and can in no way blame this on the Bush Administration any more.

(Miranda? Please!)

The Bush Administration did a much better job even in the face of an adversarial media and liberal public face. Bush fought the terrorists and the donks whose stated purpose was to sell the American People’s safety down the river in their selfish desire to get their power back.

So, having reestablished the simple facts at hand, Proud Moby, please!… Go back to your rant about being so much smarter than Conservative commenters here. Who was buried in Grant’s tomb?

hawkdriver on December 29, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Who was buried in Grant’s tomb?

hawkdriver on December 29, 2009 at 12:03 PM

In 7 minutes he’ll have the Google answer or he’ll simply ignore it because he’s too stupid to get a simple Google search accurate.

csdeven on December 29, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Dunno,

ddrintn on December 29, 2009 at 1:01 AM

Yep! Of course you “dunno.” You just say stuff all the time when you “dunno,” don’t you?

Proud Rino on December 29, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Not quite as often as you do. “Dunno” is just verbal filler.

ddrintn on December 29, 2009 at 6:35 PM