Inevitable: Hopenchange finally coming to … the Food Network

posted at 7:54 pm on December 28, 2009 by Allahpundit

In which one of my favorite gags about The One’s media ubiquity is rendered instantly obsolete. I may have to retire that joke entirely for the simple reason that there’s no such thing as an Obama-free zone on cable anymore. You’re probably safe with G4, but so help me, one of these days I’m going to turn on “Cheaters” and he’s going to be there subbing for Joey Greco. “Do you want to confront him?” “Yes, Mr. President.”

In his defense, this episode of “Iron Chef” does sound sweet.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Or a fork (even better)

Ugly on December 29, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Dang! I broke the page.
Click here.

Mary in LA on December 29, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Great! It wasn’t really the shtick that was offensive as much as the endless repetition.

ddrintn on December 29, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I dislike the Obamas as much as everyone here. I’m just not to develop the dry heaves every time one of them appears on a TV show I watch.

You can always change it.

Pcoop on December 29, 2009 at 9:16 AM

I personally have pretty much on the idiot box altogether!

cableguy615 on December 29, 2009 at 10:04 PM

I personally have pretty much given up on the idiot box altogether!

PIMF

cableguy615 on December 29, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Elegance is indignant.

For Europeans, who so much value labels, and who create them, to call Michelle “elegant” and apart, or classy, is disgusting. She is apart alright, in a very, very strange way. She looks like she’s constantly strapped to a terrorist belt; those tiny sweathers and high belts make her look extremely weird. The Veterans day dress comes to mind…makes the eyes hurt, badly.

Those so-called chefs have no clue what elegance means.

terryanne, pls. don’t insult Mrs. Kennedy, who knew what good taste meant.

Bleeds Blue, Anna is right, Lagasse is an insufferable creatures, who also can’t cook. He makes a lot of money off stupid people.

Schadenfreude on December 29, 2009 at 11:43 PM

Okay, I retract my statement, I actually watched the video instead of relying on the picture on the front page. That dress is hideous, the pleats atrocious, and no woman should wear it, period.

Ingenue on December 30, 2009 at 2:04 AM

Ingenue on December 30, 2009 at 2:04 AM

It looks like a sardine eating a goldfish. Michelle Obama has the dress sense of a blind clown. If I was there when that photo was taken I’d probably throw a hoop over her and demand a prize.

Sharke on December 30, 2009 at 3:08 AM

She needs a wardrobe czar.

Dopenstrange on December 30, 2009 at 3:44 AM

Perhaps AP and Zombie are the same person then?

ray on December 29, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Zombie?
I’ll have to research that.

OK- with a reasonable probability at this point, I have AP as female.

I also have her to just a slightly greater than random degree of probability as being annon line.
Hmmph.
I’m a little dubious about that, however.
Need more data.

justltl on December 30, 2009 at 7:12 AM

Next show for the Obama “Brand”?

How about:
“Survivor: America”

Where they play two angry leftists trying to destroy American values while Mom and Pop in small town America try to survive until 2013.

PappyD61 on December 30, 2009 at 7:55 AM

And let’s hope the voters don’t renew the series until 2017.

PappyD61 on December 30, 2009 at 7:57 AM

I am glad I hate Iron Chef…

Buelldawg on December 30, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Is she wearing her daughter’s sweater? My lord, woman, wear something that fits for god’s sake.

Alibali on December 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Switch to watching “Barbecue America” on PBS. It’s still about the food.

Chris_Balsz on December 31, 2009 at 12:50 PM