Senate passes Reid bill, 60-39

posted at 8:48 am on December 24, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

This had about as much suspense as Avatar:

The Senate approved sweeping healthcare reform legislation by the narrowest of partisan margins early Christmas Eve morning, placing President Barack Obama just one step away from signing into law a longtime Democratic priority.

Actually, it’s probably at least two steps away.  First, the House has to either consider adopting the Senate bill in toto or responding with another version of their own bill that passed a few weeks ago.  Even the White House doesn’t consider the first option realistic, which is why they’re resetting expectations about getting a unified bill out of Congress to February and doing the “hard pivot” to jobs and the economy instead.

The 60 to 39 tally split directly along partisan lines, underscoring not only the great divide between Democrats and Republicans but also the deftness with which Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) at long last united his fractious caucus by offering key compromises to centrists but keeping liberals in the fold.

While I understand the need for The Hill and reporter Jeffrey Young to remain objective, and salute that effort, let’s call this what it was.  Harry Reid bribed members of his caucus to support the Democrats’ highest priority domestic agenda item.  Why?  Because it was so radical that not even all of the Democrats could support it until he started using taxpayer money to buy their votes. That’s not “deftness,” it’s crude corruption of the kind that Reid and the Democrats ran against in 2006 and 2008.

This goes back to the House, and then likely back again to the Senate, and perhaps even a stop in a conference committee if Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid can’t avoid it.  Meanwhile, the appraisal by voters of this effort will continue to get worse and worse, and this will continue to be an albatross around the neck of Democrats in 2010.

Update: Harry Reid mistakenly voted no initially, and had to change his vote before it closed.  It wouldn’t have mattered; this wasn’t a cloture vote, and all Reid needed was 51 votes.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

If they were held today absolutely. The problem, as I said, is that November 2010 is an eternity away. For what it is worth the standard loss for the party in power is 20 seats. Pelosi and Reid could care less if they lose their super majorities. The legislation they want will have been passed and it will never, and I repeat, never be overturned. They know that and the few delusional Repubs are about to learn that also.

Amnesty is probably next with some sort of cap and trade to follow. Sadly even if the Repubs pull off a miracle and gain more than 40 seats in the House the same problem exists–the leadership remains incompetent.

patrick neid on December 24, 2009 at 12:45 PM

My take is that amnesty will fail. So will Cap-and-Trade.

This extension will go through, but I trust people maybe more than you.

It’s not going to really work.

I think, whether I agree or disagree, that the key is actual implementation.

This won’t work because it’s just too goofy.

AnninCA on December 24, 2009 at 2:04 PM

How about a spankin’?

ladyingray on December 24, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Oh blech*

We go from Disneyworld posts to S&M with you?

Oh blech*

AnninCA on December 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Sure am glad they got to go home early.

Thanks Mitch!

Midas on December 24, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Tom_Shipley is a tool.

fossten on December 24, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Isaiah 59:1 and 2
1. Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save,
nor his ear too dull to hear.

2 But your iniquities have separated
you from your God;
your sins have hidden his face from you,
so that he will not hear.”
God can save. That is for sure. But will America turn back to its Biblical roots?
Jer. 18:7-8 “If at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will pluck up and break down and destroy it, and if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from it’s evil, I will repent of the evil I intended to do to it.”
Either God had a hand on the birth of this nation or he did not. And if He did, he will continue to preserve it. But, what kind of nation does He want to preserve?

JellyToast on December 24, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Tom_Shipley is a tool.

fossten on December 24, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Meh.

Only this much.

Saltysam on December 24, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I forgot a few huge items in my manifesto to Tom Shipley about why the left, right and center hate this bill:

1) Raises the deficit
2) Raises premiums (some projections are double on middle class families)
3) Raises heathcare spending as a % of GDP
4) Massive taxpayer giveaway to pharma, health insurance and drs
5) Brutal cuts to seniors if they happen, bigger deficits if they don’t
6) The 3 biggest cost cutting tools liberals wanted were killed by Obama to get something passed (public option, drug negotiation, drug reimportation)
7) Regulations on insurers like removing benefit caps, premium caps on seniors and banning preexisting conditions) will skyrocket premiums
8) Does nothing for the underinsured, especially those already on government programs
9) Pushes massive unfunded mandates back on states (see Ben Nelson)
10) Does nothing to curb unfunded services to illegals
11) Zero legal reform
12) Creates massive incentives to companies to drop insurance, hire part time, outsource and keep wage groeth down
13) Exchanges wont be for 4 years. And they are state run which means all of the projections of costs and those still left uninsured are a crapshoot
14) 23 million still left uninsured

New!

15) Anti-trust exemption for insurance companies solidified
16) Cadillac excise tax not indexed for inflation and will hit the middle class in a few years (think AMT)
17) Subsidies not indexed for inflation, so people making 90,000$ and below in the exchange will get a double whammy of premiums rising and handouts falling
18) Fines to individuals and companies are difficult to enforce and low enough compared to insurance that many will opt for them anyway- so all the problems with uninsured people in the healthcare system remain.

Please help me add to this- there are a ton of other reasons this bill both sucks and blows.

Chuck Schick on December 24, 2009 at 2:13 PM

capejasmine on December 24, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Ever notice, too, that Dem compassion always aims where it shouldn’t? Like Ted Kennedy offering help to the USSR when Reagan was President? And like those letters from Dem Congresscritters our troops found after taking Grenada?

Or like Hollywood stars sleeping on subway grates one night to show ‘solidarity’ with the homeless? Sure–it’s no biggie to sleep outside one night. I had to once, too, because I had no choice. And that’s okay, because no lib can tell me a thing.

Compassion, they dare say? I feed the hungry from my own pocket because God has given me the means to it. And I’m grateful to Him for being able. The money I have is from God; in the end it’s His anyway. Libs don’t get that, but instead use others’ money to assauge their own heartlessness. Truly, libs have no heart–at least not in any meaningful sense of the word.

Take simplesimon for instance. You and I could wish him a Merry Christmas, and he’ll mock us for it. That’s their basic nature, which they try hiding with their phony brand of ‘compassion’.

I tell you, Jazz, I rather be poor and conservative than rich again and liberal.

BTW–I called you ‘Jazz’ because my best friend from high school is named Jasmine. Kind of a habit when I see the name.

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 2:13 PM

AnninCA on December 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Nothing wrong with a little spanking long as it’s done right. And done to her… *L*

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 2:15 PM

I believe the overwhelming majority of Americans view this as “bribery” and “corruption” at it’s highest form with the democrats conveniently using our money for their “pay to play” schemes.

When the press gets through their cycle of Obama adoration and the details of this healthcare debacle start to be exposed (because Mr. Transparency has not produced this bill for us yet),the public will be even angrier than they already are with Obama’s government take over of healthcare.

democrats need to enjoy the little lift they are going to get with it’s passage because they have spent some serious political capital pushing this unpopular bill and the rest of their agenda is in even worse shape(Cap and Trade,Amnesty,closing Gitmo,Trials against the CIA,giving terrorist civilian rights and trials….).

It is going to be hilarious watching Obama explain why we need billions more to create jobs when his first trillion (stimulus) achieved none of the goals his own administration laid out for it.
Yet Obama still claims the stimulus is working and achieved it’s goals(almost 4 million jobs lost since it’s signing),but we still need billions more…you know…because the stimulus was so successful.

The backlash on this healthcare debacle is coming and the democrats own it 100% just like the stimulus.

Baxter Greene on December 24, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Donald Douglas on December 24, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Awesome!

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I don’t know about hilarious, vomit inducing perhaps. Besides, it will be pap to soothe the morons who still believe in Ogabe regardless of the disaster unfolding before their eyes. The billions will be appropriated and that will be that.

Bishop on December 24, 2009 at 2:25 PM

The fact that the “hard right” and “hard left” both hate this bill gives me encouragement that it’s probably a good compromise bill.

Jimbo3 on December 24, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Incredibly simplistic thinking. It could just mean that it’s a bad bill for everybody.

tom on December 24, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Bishop on December 24, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Then they’ll cry when they get to ‘keep’ $17 for every hundred they earn by the sweat of their own brows.

Kinda takes them off their high horse, doesn’t it?

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Bishop on December 24, 2009 at 2:25 PM

I also forgot the sales taxes and other fess to government when they try spending those $17.

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I’m an awful pessimist today, but I see the billions appropriated to the pockets of liberals, and the country going down, and dems declaring a national emergency, and because of that….they will appoint themselves to lead the country indefinitely, til things stabilize…and elections can be held.

The operative here is..the stabilization will never come, and indefinitely will eventually become….in perpetuity. Reid didn’t put that lil blip in the bill for nothing. There is a bigger plan in all of this.

capejasmine on December 24, 2009 at 2:39 PM

My country. . . my country. . .

:_ _(

RedNewEnglander on December 24, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Jimbo3 on December 24, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Since when are the majority of Americans extremist?

Since when does a 220-215 vote in the House represent extremist opposition?

Since when does a completely partisan majority in the Senate, that couldn’t have succeeded without the graft and corruption, in any way illustrate extremist opposition?

And finally, since when does forcing votes in the middle of the night on weekends and holidays forged by backroom deals under the cover of darkness to achieve command and control over the personal lives of Americans represent compromise?

I’ve heard of not having a clue, but some people don’t even suspect anything.

Saltysam on December 24, 2009 at 2:50 PM

capejasmine on December 24, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Don’t lose heart, hon. That’s what the libs want. They browbeat, so that you and the rest of us throw up our hands and walk away. That’s really the only way they can win.

Note how the trolls here do the same, switching topics and all the other browbeating tactics they use.

Never lose heart, hon. If you keep your soul, the Left can never win against you.

On top of that, we here got your back.

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Obama Says “A Giant Pork Sandwich” Will Lower Health Care Costs http://optoons.blogspot.com/2009/12/obama-says-giant-pork-sandwich-will.html

Mervis Winter on December 24, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Condolences to you and yours on your loss. May you still have a lovely Christmas.

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Same to you and yours, Liam

Dubn8tr on December 24, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Dubn8tr on December 24, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Thank you so much!

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 2:54 PM

capejasmine on December 24, 2009 at 2:39 PM

The thing that terrifies Satan, the thing he can never defeat, is a steadfast heart that holds faith in the Majesty who is far above Satan himself.

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Merry Christmas, everybody.

fossten on December 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Oh blech*

We go from Disneyworld posts to S&M with you?

Oh blech*

AnninCA on December 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Don’t be jealous Ann. Lady spanks you all the time.
I hardly get any.

DarkCurrent on December 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM

I hardly get any.

DarkCurrent on December 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM

There’s always craigslist.

Just trying to help, of course…

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM

There’s always craigslist.

Just trying to help, of course…

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Thanks friend! ;)

DarkCurrent on December 24, 2009 at 3:10 PM

DarkCurrent on December 24, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Also, get a Kevlar full-body condom. In layers.

Some got it, some don’t. Sometimes, they got it all.

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I plan on celebrating the democrats government takeover of healthcare by donating here:

(via Ace of Spades)

Sue Lowden
for US Senate

Sue Lowden is a longtime Nevada resident, philanthropist and an award-winning news reporter, anchorwoman and businesswoman. She has also served as a Nevada State Senator and Chairman of the Nevada Republican Party.

In the Nevada State Legislature, Lowden served as the Senate Majority Whip and the Chairman of the Senate Taxation Committee. Throughout her legislative service, Senator Lowden was well known as an ardent supporter of low taxes on Nevada’s working families and a fierce proponent of responsible state spending. Her work in office earned her the Guardian of Small Business Award from the Nevada chapter of the National Federation of Independent Businesses (NFIB), Senator of the Year Award from the Clark County Republican Party, the Woman of the Year Award by the Republican Women of Las Vegas and the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2008 by the Republican Women of Henderson.

Bye…Bye.. Harry you lying,corrupt piece of sh!t liberal!!!

Baxter Greene on December 24, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Here is a little anecdote that I would like to share with everyone who would like to have government run healthcare.
I sold a car a year ago and the government failed to transfer the title. The people that I had sold the car to, got a parking ticket which they failed to pay. A warrant was issued for my arrest, since the title was still in my name. I tried to explain that the government had failed to make the transfer, but to no avail. I even showed them a copy of the title transfer and was told to “get a lawyer”.
I paid the fine and all of the “fees”.

Johan Klaus on December 24, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Time for me to blast out, with parting shots:

simplesimon: I wish you the happiest of holidays. It might the last for all of us, so relish this one.

No, I’m not being sarcastic as is usual for me. I rather you prosper as I also want for myself.

To Friends and Patriots:

I wish you a hopeful Christmas,
I wish you a great New Year.
All anguish, pain, and sadness
Leave your heart
And let your road be clear.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Frohe Weihnachten und Merry Christmas.

Johan Klaus on December 24, 2009 at 3:36 PM

‘Twas the night before Christmas, and all through CONgress
All the Dems stirring, Republicans were not.
while knowing early retirement could be real,
Dems did’nt care as the scurried to cut another deal.
The stockings were hung by the White House chimney with care,
In hopes that Hussein would soon be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums faireys danced in Kevin Jennings head;
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
they rose and ran to the window to see what was the matter,
when it was only ACORN dealing with another Pimp and Prostitute matter.

And then from nowhere Hussein whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;
“Now, Reid! now, Dodd! now, Franks and Lincoln!
On, Landrieu! on Nelson! on, Baucus and Schumer!
From the Bottom of the House to the Senate, Cut deals with them all!
Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!”
before they figure out this Bill is Unconstitutional and repeal this Law!

So up to the CONgress like coursers they flew
To tell Stupak he and his Abortion admendment was through.
Then they met at midnight and cut another Hospital and Cornhusker deal,
while knowing a large percentage of American people do not want this Obamacare Deal.

With the sleigh packed full of 2,000 pages of Coal, Reid and Hussein too,
they took a flight around while We look at this Administraion as being a bunch of Fools.
And from behind closed doors last minute deals being cut by Reid and all,
I wondered how our Grandchildren were going to pay for this all.

He was dressed in a suit, looking dappy but fit,
He said we would all act in Wonderment and Happiness,
while personally I think Harry is a Piece of $h!t.
And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack,
As he paid all of the prostitute congress people to lay on the back.
His eyes — how they twinkled! his dimples now gone and his face is wrinkled;
He wished he gave Chris Matthews a tingle.
Many Americans think we are screwed now,
while most of Harry’s constituents are ready to vote him out now!

And on Christmas Eve he spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
even by knowing his constituents thinks he is a JERK!
He sprang to Husseins sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew out of town like a runner after hearing the pistol.
But I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight,
“I passed Socialized Medicine, and to all a good-night.”

BigMike252 on December 24, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Sorry Harry, you’ll have to wait ’till next Christmas for your present from us.

Cylor on December 24, 2009 at 3:48 PM

PRAISE BE TO THE BLESSED AND RIGHTEOUS MESSIAH, OUR LORD CALIPH BARACK I

In D.C. Oblivia there is no one that would protest this blessed bill that isn’t a kook-extremist-right wing nutjob!!!

IN MY FANTASY……Reid is greeted by people falling on the floor and bowing before his presence as he gets off the plane in Nevada. Seriously they cry out, scream, “Oh bbbbbleessss you Senator”, “Your greatness is indescribable”. He looks out and smiles as he assumes they are serious, points to the reporters and says “See what I mean?”.

Then……the people get up and start cheering “KILL THE BILL, KILL THE BILL, VOTE THEM ALL OUT, VOTE THEM ALL OUT, CONGRESS MUST GO, CONGRESS MUST GO, UNPLUG HARRY, UNPLUG HARRY, BUT SAVE OUR GRANNY”.

THAT I would pay good money to see.

PappyD61 on December 24, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Saw this at The Weekly Standard:
Dems’ 2010 Strategy: GOP Will “Repeal” Obamacare.
I think they are going to do all our campaigning for us!

tims472 on December 24, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Merry Christmas to all, in case we don’t see each other tomorrow! We will never give up the fight! There is a new dawn arising, and so will we!
Now I am going to drink my eggnog and whiskey, and wrap presents!

lovingmyUSA on December 24, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I think they are going to do all our campaigning for us!

tims472 on December 24, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Sounds good. They can tell the public we want to drill our own oil too, and give people more of their own money back. That’ll really get the dems some votes.

darwin on December 24, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Now I am going to drink my eggnog and whiskey, and wrap presents!

lovingmyUSA on December 24, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Merry Christmas! I thought about main lining some heroin just to take the edge off all this political tyranny foisted upon us by the dems, but whiskey will do.

darwin on December 24, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Busy but…

How about we hold Harry to his vote? It was a ‘no’, right?

Let’s make him stick to it.

I see a SCOTUS issue here.

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 4:28 PM

With this, we can call on the Supreme Court.

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 4:34 PM

The Democrats seem to completely oblivious and indifferent to what the American people are thinking and feeling. That just might come back and bite them on the ass.

Terrye on December 24, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Terrye on December 24, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Might? If they’re not thrown out during the next election, I fully expect they’ll be run out of town with pitchforks.

darwin on December 24, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Harry messed up!

Checks and balances are now in full hand, as the Constitutions requires.

Let’s play this out.

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 4:41 PM

By the Senate’s own rules, this bill isn’t passed. Harry voted ‘no’.

Sure, he changed his vote. But, with that, it goes to the Supreme Court.

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Checks and balances–does a Senator have a ‘right’ to change his vote once he’s cast it?

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Nelson changed his in the vote to eliminate earmarks in future bills.

darwin on December 24, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Nelson changed his in the vote to eliminate earmarks in future bills.

darwin on December 24, 2009 at 4:53 PM

What Harry did, as a done-deal, now makes this matter a case before the Supreme Court, as I see it.

Checks and balances.

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Congress has certain powers, but so does the the Supreme Court.

SCOTUS can run over Senate rules.

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Our Founders were more brilliant than even they thought, it seems

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 5:05 PM

The only way it’s fine to ‘change my vote’ is by stopping my strangling of a liberal.

Otherwise, once a senator casts his vote, it sticks.

Supreme Court now.

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Harry cast a ‘no’ vote.

Liam on December 24, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Chuck Schick on December 24, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Chuck, I think as time goes on and we read the proposed combined bill, we will have loads of fuel for the fire we must build under and around them. Death to the bill!

Nalea on December 24, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Jimbo3 on December 24, 2009 at 9:36 AM

I’d imagine both the right and left would also unify against being forcefed a used diaper. This bill is that bad.

Chuck Schick on December 24, 2009 at 6:21 PM

OT: soooooo funny ……. Obama Parody…… Watch

ms on December 24, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) at long last united his fractious caucus by offering key compromises BRIBES to PSEUDO-centrists

Fixed it to better reflect reality

LegendHasIt on December 24, 2009 at 6:57 PM

LegendHasIt on December 24, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Awesome much better description!

dhunter on December 24, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Listening on the news to the litany of mic hungry senators, Chris Dodd said “we have given the American people the gift they wanted for Christmas…” Not so Chris my boy, we would prefer yours and every other of those smirking dem senators standing with you heads on a platter. A much more easy pill to swallow.

wepeople on December 24, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Only 6 pages of comments (500 comments)

I know it’s Christmas but this is frightening.

father on December 24, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Who are these “American people” they keep talking about? I don’t know any, not even in my Silicon Valley office.

evergreen on December 24, 2009 at 10:00 PM

It is my fervent Christmas wish that Reid, Pelosi and everyone who voted for this socialist clusterfark be led out of Washington in handcuffs and leg irons.

That being said, all of y’all here have a great one. That goes for Ed, AP and the boss too.

Ryan Anthony on December 24, 2009 at 11:09 PM

You should read the vitriol being leveled at Reid by LDS folks. The guy better not show his face at a function.

csdeven on December 25, 2009 at 12:54 AM

csdeven on December 25, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Reid should be excommunicated as far as I’m concerned. We believe we should defend the constitution, not go out and shred it.

Conservative Voice on December 25, 2009 at 3:52 AM

Unless the Senate Bill is gutted of the Cornhusker Kickback and the mandatory enrollment I think this thing is going to be declared unconstitutional.

That is why Zero has delayed any action until February IMO. There is no confidence from the WH that this is an acceptable bill.

Mr Purple on December 25, 2009 at 7:41 AM

I just don’t see how this can be constitutionally legal with the Cornhusker Kickback, Florida exemption, etc as far as EQUAL PROTECTION UNDER THE LAW goes…

Senator Mitch: KEEP FIGHTING!

It ain’t over yet…

Khun Joe on December 25, 2009 at 8:00 AM

bumper sticker:

REVERSE THE CURSE ON 11/2/2010

Sweet_Thang on December 25, 2009 at 8:44 AM

No mention DeMint killing the conferees?????

Doesn’t Nancy have to force an up or down on the Senate bill as is now?

Chuck Schick on December 25, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Conservative Voice on December 25, 2009 at 3:52 AM

Agreed. There must be at least three questions he would have to lie about. And that is just for temple attendance.

The baptismal covenant is his real problem.

I hate Wiki, but I think this is fairly accurate…..

At baptism Latter-day Saints take upon themselves the name of Christ. They promise to always remember Him. At baptism Latter-day Saints make a covenant with the Lord that they are willing to come into His kingdom and keep His commandments from that time forward, even though they still live in the world.1

“All Latter-day Saints enter the new and everlasting covenant when they enter this Church. They covenant to cease sustaining, upholding and cherishing the kingdom of the Devil and the kingdoms of this world. They enter the new and everlasting covenant to sustain the Kingdom of God and NO OTHER KINGDOM. They take a vow of the most solemn kind, before the heavens and earth, … that they will sustain truth and righteousness instead of wickedness and falsehood, and build up the Kingdom of God, instead of the kingdoms of this world.”

With this health care bill, Harry Reid is doing everything he can to establish a democrat kingdom in this country for the next 40 years and beyond. It’s goal is to enslave people to his politics. and is an offense to the concept of free will. The man is despicable. An angel of light unto himself.

csdeven on December 26, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Now would be a nice time to see if we could get more information out of him. Oh, but wait. We don’t want to be too hard on him as this guy will probably get his show trial too.

gatorfanatic on December 26, 2009 at 8:29 AM

We are screwed only 500 comments…

Let the inefficient health care begin, just like the old soviet union.

Now some terrorist attack, distraction?

Probably not but Obama would likely bow down to the loser terrorist; or at least say “Let’s not jump to conclusions”.

Respect the office of Prez, what – are you kidding me…

Rome now has a Horse, yes an animal, as a Senator or at the least the equivalent in our Senate and executive office.

About the horse – Don’t know history then look it up.

It’s difficult to respect a scam.

father on December 26, 2009 at 8:10 PM