Blue on blue: Democrat and MSNBC host scream at each other over ObamaCare

posted at 8:39 pm on December 18, 2009 by Allahpundit

Not only is this blue on blue, it’s demagogue on demagogue. Ratigan once claimed that Republicans are willing to see half the country die if it means stopping The One’s pet project, while Wasserman-Schultz likes to adorn her accusations about conservative sexism with lovely little allusions to domestic violence.

I admit it: I have no reference point for what we’re seeing on the left right now. Granted, the base opposed the Iraq war while congressional Democrats supported it, but that was before the nutroots came into their own and before the Dems took back Congress and the White House. This is the first time since … the last run at health care, I guess, where they’ve had no one but themselves to blame for failure. Enjoy it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

“Debbie Wasserman-Schultz. Wasserman is my maiden name, Schultz is my married name. I’m single again, but I never bothered to remove the Schultz. And I get compliments on the hyphen.”

WarEagle01 on December 19, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Never heard of the guy before he made the ‘let half the country die’ comment and now I know why. I would surf right past his annoying ass.

How can anyone watch an interview like that? I don’t even know what either of them said because Ratigan decided to be a tool and keep talking over his guest.

That is not good TV.

Mr Purple on December 19, 2009 at 2:07 AM

Obviously.

The country’s in the very best of hands.

(/sarc, in case it wasn’t clear)

dissent555 on December 19, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Watched this this morning. Hey, Deb, go nuts!

yoda on December 19, 2009 at 2:48 AM

This is what happens when you’re the party of nothing but “complain, blame, argue, whine and ‘speak truth to power’” and suddenly you’re the one in charge.

They don’t have good ideas, they don’t have good arguments all they have is eternal outrage. That’s what unites them, and right now it’s what is tearing them apart.

29Victor on December 19, 2009 at 3:09 AM

I’m sorry, but every time I see that Wasserman-Schultz woman and especially when I hear her voice, I just want to SCREAM! UGGHHHH!

NavyMustang on December 19, 2009 at 4:58 AM

Hey, it’s a big tent. Which makes it easier to get trapped when it catches on fire and collapses.

Jim Treacher on December 19, 2009 at 5:34 AM

The circular firing squad needs to speed up before anymore damage is done to the country. And keep an eye on this Wasserman (hyphen)Schultz creature. She’s Pelosi on steroids.

adamsmith on December 19, 2009 at 5:48 AM

I don’t see anyone adressing doctor greed, 12 dollar aspirins, 40,000 dollar two week hospital stays, or doctors who participate in so many plans they can’t see their patients properly or addict their patients to certain meds to keep them coming to them.

johnnyU on December 19, 2009 at 7:17 AM

Schadenfreude. lol

csdeven on December 19, 2009 at 7:52 AM

I took the guy to task over some of the statements he was making about how health insurance stock prices had risen. After the beating they have taken this year, they couldn’t go anywhere but up, just like most other stocks.

For somebody who is supposed to be a business analyst he sure didn’t seem interested in how a company performed as much as he was interested in having the right company succeed.

I hope he holds onto that Air America stock.

Just A Grunt on December 19, 2009 at 8:02 AM

What upset him MOST was the increase in insurance stocks. WTF? Like HE doesn’t have a retirement account? These freaks hate business so much, but need the money it creates to fund their socialist dreams. PUKE

marklmail on December 19, 2009 at 8:12 AM

I_M_P_L_O_D_I_N_G!!!!!!!!!!!!
Popcorn anyone?

elderberry on December 19, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Wait, isn’t Ob+ama the great uniter? That’s what I thought I heard last year, during the campaign. I’m sure it was on MSLSD….

mr.blacksheep on December 19, 2009 at 8:39 AM

S-w-e-e-e-e-e-t. Debbie is an idiot.

Mr. Grump on December 19, 2009 at 9:01 AM

It seems every time I’ve seen Wasserman talk, she just says her points. She NEVER answers the question. Cavuto roughs her up from time to time. I can’t stand that lady.

gatorfanatic on December 19, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Don’t you just love it when these idiot libs start eating each other? Just stand back and watch the fun.

Wills on December 19, 2009 at 9:45 AM

What dumbass gave that guy a soap box? At least he was attacking a liberal idiot this time.

joedoe on December 19, 2009 at 9:53 AM

She has no idea what it’s in the legislation Reid and Co. are cooking up in the Senate…but she acts like she does.

The whole point is to use the wealth system in place and figure out how to suck money out of it to support their political agenda…and if a little “trickles down” their way and feathers their own nests…well, so what. After all, these people are working soooo hard on behalf of the Proletariat so who can begrudge them a few luxuries?

Dr. ZhivBlago on December 19, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Apparently these pundit shows exist purely to let like-minded people feel vicariously the thrill of shouting somebody else down and winning arguments by shouting talking points the most loudly.

Aitch748 on December 19, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Check out this video of Wasserman-Schultz saying that military victims of hate crimes are not “real victims” (scroll down to click to video): http://optoons.blogspot.com/2009/05/perpetrators-of-viscious-hateful.html

Mervis Winter on December 19, 2009 at 10:53 AM

In post after post, HA readers are surprised at Ratigan and saying that they didn’t have a clue that Ratigan was a leftist at CNBC.

Ratigan is the reason I stopped watching CNBC.

One morning, during an on-air stroll through the trading floor at NYSE, Ratigan was commenting on what turned out to be a temporary period of misfortune for the stock price of Wal-Mart.

Here’s what Ratigan said: “What do you expect from a company run by idiot savants who apparently only know how to do ONE THING: SELL STUFF CHEAP!”

And that, in Mr. Ratigan’s opinion, is how to build the largest, most successful company on Earth? Of course not! Ratigan was trashing Wal-Mart simply because there was a political campaign coming from the Democrat Left to damage the company for its anti-union policies.

That was the last day that I wasted any time at all on any product of NBC.

jay12 on December 19, 2009 at 1:34 PM