Waterloo: Obama approval at 47 in new NBC poll, tea party more popular than Dems or GOP

posted at 8:01 pm on December 16, 2009 by Allahpundit

Tell me again about the great Democratic realignment.

For the first time, Obama’s overall job approval rating has fallen below 50 percent (to 47 percent). In addition, for the first time since Sept. 2007, a plurality (45 percent) sees the Democratic Party in a negative light. And the percentage believing the country is on the wrong track (55 percent) is at its highest level in the Obama presidency…

The entire Republican Party, moreover, continues to maintain a net-negative favorable/unfavorable rating, 28 percent to 43 percent.

But, for the first time in more than two years, the Democratic Party also now holds a net-negative rating, 35 percent to 45 percent.

By comparison, the conservative libertarian-leaning Tea Party movement has a net-positive 41 percent to 23 percent score in the poll.

We’ll get to the tea party in a minute, but first health care: 32/47, another new low, with a plurality saying for the first time that they prefer the status quo to ObamaCare (44/41). Quoth pollster Bill McInturff: “This is the survey where the wheels came off the bus.” Honestly, though: The wheels were never really on. Note the ceiling over time:

o-care

They never cracked 40 percent and now they’re so far gone that it’s essentially become a suicide mission. In fact, for the second day in a row, the only real bright spot on health care is the number that would have supported the now-dead Medicare buy-in. 58 percent say thumbs up, 32 percent say thumbs down. Let me know if and when someone dares to poll that question while listing potential adverse consequences or trade-offs.

As for the tea-party numbers, we already knew they were more popular than the GOP, but now, thanks to O-Care, they’ve lapped the Democrats too. Ironclad proof of a surge in fiscally conservative populism across the nation? Sure, to some extent. But this helps explain it too:

msnbc

The pro-tea-party megaphone at Fox is vastly larger than its hardcore anti counterpart at MSNBC. Although even MSNBC’s eleven viewers are more ambivalent about the movement than I would have guessed:

Yet looking inside those numbers, more than three-quarters (76 percent) of those who say FOX News is where they get their news see the Tea Party movement positively, versus just 4 percent who see it negatively.

That’s a stark contrast to how viewers of the competing cable networks CNN and MSNBC see the movement. More of those viewers have a negative opinion of it (36 percent) than a positive one (24 percent).

More teabagging jokes for Olby and Maddow, stat. Meanwhile, the GOP’s within two on the generic ballot, the closest its been in an NBC poll since a month before Bush’s reelection in 2004. (Another poll out today shows Republicans leading on the ballot.) There’s a partial explanation for that too:

indies

I’ll leave you with this post at Newsbusters showcasing a flustered Chris Matthews as he tries to explain away the tea party movement’s surprisingly strong numbers. Exit quotation:

MATTHEWS: Did you read the question though? It basically said, “Here’s a group of conservatives who get together who are concerned about high taxes.” Well what’s wrong with that?

TODD: That’s right.

MATTHEWS: It isn’t a bunch of screaming, crazy people yelling, like you see at these parties.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

To the average person, they sound as bad or worse than someone who calls Obama “Ogabe”. They aren’t doing their “side” any favors.

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:40 PM

How does Osama Obama grab you, as said by the late swimmer, DaveS?

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 9:41 PM

What is it with you girls watching overbite, anyway? Come on, Knucklehead, HornetSting, the rest of you. I never tune in pmsnbc, cnn, or anything but FOX. I don’t need to be pissed off any more than I already get. Which won of you made me go to LGF the other day? Not someplace I’d ever go on my own.
Do you look in on huffpo and perez hilton too?

Lanceman on December 16, 2009 at 9:42 PM

It’s not “playing the race card” when you are pointing out racist behavior. DaveS

Actually, it is, when the behavior being pointed out is obviously not racist. Seeing racism where none exists is racist.

Myself, I prefer ObamAyres. Definitely not racist.

starboardhelm on December 16, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Lanceman:

Same here.

Terrye on December 16, 2009 at 9:46 PM

IMHO Highhopes and milwife88 have the right take and solution. We don’t need a third party until the third party can field and inaugurate city/county/state offices at least 50/50. Then we can worry third party- Tea Party. Until then, to keep the win-at-any-cost-ends-justifies-the-means-liberals from doing more damage, the tea party people must become white hats and honest brokers. The real problem then becomes leadership. How do you get tea party leadership without politicians?

Old Country Boy on December 16, 2009 at 9:46 PM

And another thing. DaveS, you need to change your screen name to Dave_R(ywall)

Lanceman on December 16, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Do you look in on huffpo and perez hilton too?

Lanceman on December 16, 2009 at 9:42 PM

What the HELL are you accusing me of? I DO NOT watch olby or rachel middle finger!
Take it back, Lanceman or you GET IT!

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 9:50 PM

MMMMMM, MMMMMM, MMMMMMM….Reminds me of a song..

In honor of ABBA being elected into the “ROCK N ROLL” Hall of Fame…

My my, at waterloo napoleon did surrender
Oh yeah, and I have met my destiny in quite a similar way
The history book on the shelf
Is always repeating itself

Waterloo – I was defeated, you won the war
Waterloo – promise to love you for ever more
Waterloo – couldn?t escape if I wanted to
Waterloo – knowing my fate is to be with you
Waterloo – finally facing my waterloo

My my, I tried to hold you back but you were stronger
Oh yeah, and now it seems my only chance is giving up the fight
And how could I ever refuse
I feel like I win when I lose

Waterloo – I was defeated, you won the war
Waterloo – promise to love you for ever more
Waterloo – couldn?t escape if I wanted to
Waterloo – knowing my fate is to be with you

And how could I ever refuse
I feel like I win when I lose

Waterloo – I was defeated, you won the war
Waterloo – promise to love you for ever more
Waterloo – couldn?t escape if I wanted to
Waterloo – knowing my fate is to be with you
Waterloo – finally facing my waterloo

Barack…..we prefer YOUR Waterloo as opposed to America’s
and you can tell your Blackberry Boss Soros that for us!!!

PappyD61 on December 16, 2009 at 9:52 PM

How does Osama Obama grab you, as said by the late swimmer, DaveS?

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 9:41 PM

That just sounds dumb, because it reminds me of one of Ted Kennedy’s drunken ramblings.

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Hey! Obama is sinking fast – looks like people aren’t into Statism.

Juno77 on December 16, 2009 at 9:54 PM

How does Osama Obama grab you, as said by the late swimmer, DaveS?

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 9:41 PM

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:53 PM

That was just redundant, DaveS.

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 9:54 PM

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I’m sorry. Seems like you all were talking about “Hey, did you see Olby lose it?”

I can’t stand that sack of sh!t even on football Sunday nights.
When I watched Hannity & Colmes, the mute button is always in operation with Colmes, Beckel, or any other liberal dumbwad. I don’t need to hear their drivel.
Liberalism is a dangerous mental disorder. Logic would tell anyone that that is so.

Lanceman on December 16, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Do you look in on huffpo and perez hilton too?

Lanceman on December 16, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Somebody here said tune in and I did for the 2nd time in my life. So knock it off. Got it?

Knucklehead on December 16, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Lanceman on December 16, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Not me, Lanceman.

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 9:57 PM

“Is this Clinton country? It is I…. We do the work that must be done, we elect Mahk Roosevelt Governor,,,, and,,, and you re-elect old Kennedy in the senate…..We’re gonna start,,,,,, with the ’96 election to re-elect Bill Clinton! As un-re-electable as the rest of us!!!”
-Ted “Swimmer” Kennedy

Lanceman on December 16, 2009 at 10:00 PM

That was just redundant, DaveS.

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Be careful…or next time he’ll call you a racist Ted Kennedy.

AUINSC on December 16, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Old Country Boy on December 16, 2009 at 9:46 PM

As long as the people in the tea party movement keep the message the same (small govt, fiscal responsibility) eventually they will all fall in line. It is simple psychology, repeat something enough times it becomes second nature.

milwife88 on December 16, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Old Country Boy on December 16, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I think the whole point is that the Tea Party represent the anti politician. They are every day people going up against the insiders, however, if and when they become the insiders themselves they will lose some of that appeal. So they might be more effective on the outside of politics pushing the politicians. The truth is most of them are probably disgruntled conservatives.

Terrye on December 16, 2009 at 10:02 PM

I’ve always wanted to see Olberdouche’s head explode on TV. Tonight he came close. So sue me.

Marcus on December 16, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Knucklehead on December 16, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I think it was YOU that made me tune into LGF.
Funny, though, I will watch Jerry Springer and his train-wreck show channel-surfing, sometimes. But never that buttplug overbite. Same’s true about madcow ,behar, or any of those assclowns.

Lanceman on December 16, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Lanceman on December 16, 2009 at 9:42 PM

I don’t watch MSNBC; but I had a feeling there would be a meltdown tonite and when Oreilly put on that black supremacist Obama shill that masquerades as a professor, I switched to olberdouche and was richly rewarded with a great meltdown.

elduende on December 16, 2009 at 10:07 PM

milwife88 on December 16, 2009 at 10:01 PM</blockquote

I don`t think they are after a third party, a new Republican party based on what you stated above, yes. I am not sure they need to fall in line as much as NEW Republican candidates will need to understand the message and stick to it.

bluemarlin on December 16, 2009 at 10:08 PM

elduende on December 16, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Must be referring to Cornell West.

Lanceman on December 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Quoth

quoth–that’s a great word. Never heard of it, but likes it and shall cop it for future use.

ted c on December 16, 2009 at 8:04 PM

“Quoth the Raven: Nevermore.”

Amotherflippingmenhallelujah!

chunderroad on December 16, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Marcus on December 16, 2009 at 10:03 PM

He needs to go on RedEye with Ann Coulter. E-I-E-I-O!

chunderroad on December 16, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Just compare him to somebody who is… you know… comparable in some way.

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Oh, but he’s UNPRECEDENTED!

chunderroad on December 16, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Obama grabs me like a hairy arm coming out of the commode.

mobydutch on December 16, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Myself, I prefer ObamAyres. Definitely not racist.

starboardhelm on December 16, 2009 at 9:45 PM

My current favorite is Obowmao, closely seconded by L’il Barry Dunham. There’s just something about going with the original.

Blacksmith8 on December 16, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Obama grabs me like a hairy arm coming out of the commode.

mobydutch on December 16, 2009 at 10:26 PM

LMAO~cleans up keyboard.
Damn.

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Boy, I’m sure this thread will show up on the LGF Chuckles hall of shame.

Knucklehead on December 16, 2009 at 10:30 PM

How about the lyin’ Hawaiian.

Ted Torgerson on December 16, 2009 at 10:42 PM

American Power tracked-back with, ‘Voters Reject Democrats in New Poll’.

Donald Douglas on December 16, 2009 at 10:45 PM

The truth is most of them are probably disgruntled conservatives.

Terrye on December 16, 2009 at 10:02 PM

You could be right. I am a disgruntled conservative. I was in on organizing a April 15th tea party, July 4th tea party and marched in DC on 9/12. I’m guessing that makes me a “Tea Party” member? In my neck of the woods, we are concentrating on promoting conservative people for local and State election. I have not met anybody at any of the rallys say we need to start a third party.

IowaWoman on December 16, 2009 at 10:46 PM

John Birch Society announces that it will cosponsor CPAC this year

APPLETON, WIS.—December 15, 2009—The John Birch Society announces it is cosponsoring the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) 2010, to be held in Washington DC, Feb. 18-20.

JBS will have a double booth with half dedicated to offering educational and promotional materials and the other half housing a TV studio that will stream live video from the booth and broadcast onto JBS LibertyNewsNetwork.tv, a website that will feature archived JBS video and live video streams.

I know the YAL will be there to try to win the presidential straw poll for Ron Paul. Having the JBS there is certain to help.

Spathi on December 16, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I’ll tell ya- that line “filthy lying coward” is pure genius.
It rolls into my mind every time I see or hear the filthy lying coward.
See?

POSOTUS is excellent also. I will incorporate it into my brain.

justltl on December 16, 2009 at 9:14 PM

I’m always gleeful when HighHopes adds “rat bastard”. I love it every time.

betsyz on December 16, 2009 at 11:00 PM

How about the lyin’ Hawaiian.

Ted Torgerson on December 16, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Damn, I wish he wasn’t from Hawaii… gives actual Hawaiians a bad name.

mauipundit on December 16, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Combining Obama and Mugabe is no more racist than combining Bush with Hitler. Or calling Bush ‘Chimpy’. Ya’d never get away with that with Obama.Myself, I prefer ObamAyres. Definitely not racist.

starboardhelm on December 16, 2009 at 9:45 PM

How about ObaSoros? Oh, wait…anti-semitic…that’s a two-fer, racist and religious bigotry.

btw, saw someone describe obama as the Chimperor – I think it descibes his strutting, chattering, gaffe-filled self importance to a “T”, but I don’t think that would convince many others that race wasn’t the first thing on one’s mind when using that particular moniker….

By the way Dave S, if your posts were a fraction as insightful and intellligent as Bishop’s, highhopes, etc., maybe you could add to the discourse instead of subtracting from it.

tigerlily on December 16, 2009 at 11:37 PM

While the Dems are on very thin ice, so is the GOP. They better watch themselves, very carefully.

If they end up running a Daniels/Romney establishment type in 2012, they are dead.

Here in CO, the GOP tried to bypass the Tea Party crowd, and was promptly scared to death when unknown primary candidates suddenly surged ahead of their “chosen” run-of-the-mill GOP establishment candidate.

Norwegian on December 16, 2009 at 11:42 PM

More evidence that a third party is what most Americans want. When voters reject the GOP, it’s not that they are rejecting conservative, right-wing values. Just the opposite. When they reject the GOP, they are rejecting the corruption of the party that has gone to bed with the left. If you are going to vote for a lefty, might as well vote for the real thing.

keep the change on December 16, 2009 at 11:58 PM

mauipundit on December 16, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I think I should change my name to petuniapundit… I like your name.

petunia on December 17, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Any more these days, elected Republican Representatives = Democrat Lite. The majority of them are RINO’s to the max. The elected Republican’s 21st century agenda is to pander and be pacifist. They have forgone the meaning and values of being a conservative Republican for popularity and to eek out a few votes from the fence sitting wobblers. They want socialism in the 21st century too, because it’s the chic thing to do. They’re just not in as big a hurry to get there.

I have long ago already stopped donating to the GOP and all the Republicans that have gone RINO. Soon, I will abandon the once great but now impotent Republican party altogether and re-register once the Tea-Party is recognized as an official party and appears on the registration forms and ballots.

The bed wetting thumb sucker liberal hacks that make the tea bagging jokes will become the tea baggee’s, and they will choke on it. True Conservatives will have the last laugh.

However, if Sarah Palin becomes the 2012 nominee for POTUS/VPOTUS wearing the Tea Party tag, or any party’s tag… I absolutely will not vote for her. If she runs for anything less than that, she’s got my support.

SilverStar830 on December 17, 2009 at 12:15 AM

SilverStar830 on December 17, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Conservatives who say the same thing about Romney or Pawlenty or whoever are called “Purists!!! SoCon fanatics!!! Cancer on the movement!!! Go ahead and guarantee another Obama win, troglodytes!!!”

Good that you have an open mind, though.

ddrintn on December 17, 2009 at 12:26 AM

I loves me some AP. Outstanding analysis.

pearson on December 17, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Sounds like the donkeys and the elephants need to ‘reach across the aisle’ and figure out how to destroy this ‘tea bagger’ thing as it is their mutual enemy.

Just finance some Socialists and RINOs to infiltrate this movement and that should take care of that.

The thing is, you can have Tea Party candidates get elected, and they’ll be just as corrupt and elitist as what we have up there now in no time at all.

ALL of these political parties are a danger to our country. Our country has been liberalized and thoroughly emasculated with overflowing estrogen and impotent beer-swilling testosterone.

Our system is fundamentally ill and nothing will fix it other than getting back to our fundamental values that made this country great-but, unfortunately, even many conservatives would have a problem with that when push comes to shove once they allow the PC-ed sectors of their brains to cloud their thinking, and when they realize that their safety nets and entitlements would go bye-bye.

Dr. ZhivBlago on December 17, 2009 at 12:51 AM

Huh? You’ll take four more years of The Failed One than Palin? I’ll take ANYONE over The Failed One.

pearson on December 17, 2009 at 12:52 AM

The past says that Republican Party will morph into Tea Party. Will be movement from both sides. It’s just what people do.

Steele is moving that way ’cause he is smart. Conyers, Inhofe, and Republican caucus are holding to conservative positions. Huck, Romney and McLame are past. Palin is out front with Facebook (!) Really cheap campaign but keeps Dems stirred. Heh.

As posted on another thread, am watching. And obeying the Marine and Boy Scout mottoes.
While humming a little Tom Leahr.

Caststeel on December 17, 2009 at 12:53 AM

Oops, that’s Tom Lehrer

Caststeel on December 17, 2009 at 12:55 AM

SilverStar830 on December 17, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Don’t want the liberals to be able to blame the end of the world on her? Good thinking…

Robert_Paulson on December 17, 2009 at 1:06 AM

It would be nice to get a third party active, and I am all into the Tea parties. I sure hope they do not allow the GOP to swallow them up, cause I think many will simply defect into no vote land, like I have been for a while now.

astonerii on December 17, 2009 at 1:07 AM

How about the lyin’ Hawaiian.

Ted Torgerson on December 16, 2009 at 10:42 PM

How about Don Ho-bama?

And as an aside, if I ever decide to use the “Ogabe” moniker, let me be clear, it will be in reference to his white half.

Left Coast Right Mind on December 17, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Yeah, Waterloo. Another megalomaniac bites the dust.

csThor on December 17, 2009 at 3:35 AM

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM

BTW how is Ogabe racist?

DSchoen on December 17, 2009 at 4:32 AM

DaveS on December 16

Ah, your claim is Ogabe is racist .
Please explain why racist is a racist name?
If you can’t come up with one then you are “playing the race card”.

DSchoen on December 17, 2009 at 4:44 AM

IMHO, I don’t want a third party, I just want the GOP to return to their conservative roots and the tea party movement is showing them the way…WAKE UP!

cmsinaz on December 17, 2009 at 6:52 AM

Wow, protesters ahead of government ruling parties, who no longer represent the masses and defy their wishes.Shades of our country’s birth all over again. Now all we need are a couple of super patriot leaders while a rigged election complete with purple shirted goons and dead people voting in numbers larger than the population, takes place, and we may see a new Fourth of July.

The Grinches who are stealing America might pay attention to the rumblings instead of their Marxist ruling class inclinations.

Don L on December 17, 2009 at 7:16 AM

How’s that pig-in-a-Chicago-poke working out for ya?

Obame is the last affirmative action president the United States will ever see. The consequences of the concept (hiring color over competence and experience) are exposed to all.

bradley11 on December 17, 2009 at 7:33 AM

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Uhh huhh. So I take it you were saying the same each time you heard BuShitler right?

angryed on December 17, 2009 at 7:35 AM

After doing a recon mission on lefty sites,
this is an interesting tidbit on Liberal angst!
==============================================

From Talking Points Memo:
————————
————————

No Fight
Josh Marshall | December 17, 2009, 1:16AM
TPM Reader SD on why he thinks so many people are pissed …

I think people are pissed right now less at the fact that they didn’t get what they wanted, and more at the fact that they feel like their people didn’t really fight for it. Leaders don’t always get what they want. But people recognize when true leaders at least give it a shot. And people judge that leadership by what they say in public and how hard they see them publicly pushing for it. Closed door negotiations don’t count.They wanted to see Obama push the public option and say that it was crucial, important part. His broad outlines of “cuts the deficit, improves coverage” is too bland and not something people can rally around, and he gives the impression that he’s ceding power and leadership to a less capable bunch in the legislative branch.
They wanted to see news stories about how “staffers close to the majority leader” say that chaimanships and other perks were on the line for any Democrat who talked about filibustering this crucial bill.

They wanted to see congressional leadership and the president campaign hard for an “up or down vote on healthcare” the way the Republicans did so effectively for the judge appointments.

But none of that happened, and the things that people care about died with a whimper.

I know there’s been a lot of game theory from people about how that would never work, etc. But the fact is that you can show leadership for big ideas and there’s always still room to compromise at the end. At least then it would be clear that there was no other way, that you put up the good fight, better luck next time.

Instead they feel like the people they voted for and trusted to lead them failed. And it’s hard to imagine making that same emotional commitment again in the future. Self defeating, yes. Temporary, maybe. But we’re talking primal stuff here – people don’t like wimps, not matter what party.

canopfor on December 17, 2009 at 7:46 AM

canopfor on December 17, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Could have been written about Republicans in 2005/2006 or Dems in 1994. This always happens. People get into the spirit of campaigns, invest a lot of time/effort/energy into getting their guy/gal elected. They think wow, this guy/gal we just helped get into office will give us everything we’ve ever dreamed of (even though the guy/gal never really said so during the campaign, but the people heard what they wanted to hear). And then a year later they realize they’ve been had.

I’m sure they’ll write the same article in 2013 about Republicans pissed off with Palin for not doing everything they hoped she would.

angryed on December 17, 2009 at 8:10 AM

You know that if NBC is reporting 47%, the real number must be much, much lower.

olesparkie on December 17, 2009 at 8:13 AM

If the GOP were smart, they would immediately woo the tea partiers by making the tea party planks their planks. I would venture that most of the tea partiers are disaffected GOPer’s who are sick and tired of the GOP acting like the Dems and spending like drunk sailors on a one-night leave.

UnderstandingisPower on December 17, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Another poll telling us what we already know. Obama is a socialist failure, and the GOP is on its way to Whigdom. tea party baby.

james23 on December 17, 2009 at 8:18 AM

angryed on December 17, 2009 at 8:10 AM

angryed:On the article,your so right,they will attempt to
do the same to SarahCuda,and I’ve said along,the
betrayal and insurrection is coming from Hopey’s
ObamaVoterBots!!:)

canopfor on December 17, 2009 at 8:30 AM

“…a bunch of screaming, crazy people yelling…”

Like the morons at MSNBC.

RandyChandler on December 17, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Poor Chrissy. Hen’s not going to have Immelt to save his job anymore. I give Comcast a few months before they start doing something about MSNBC’s ratings. O/T: Jobless numbers are out. They’ve increased.

kingsjester on December 17, 2009 at 8:44 AM

O/T: Jobless numbers are out. They’ve increased.

kingsjester on December 17, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Just read here in MI..Funemployment numbers are going down… ‘improved for a 2nd straight month, down to 14.7 from 15.2 in Oct. But the news isn’t all good. The state lost about 14,000 nonfarm payroll jobs last month, according to a seasonally adjusted survey of employers.’ hows that recovery going again?

TheVer on December 17, 2009 at 9:07 AM

One need not be a rocket scientist to understand that there is always a breaking point when people will fight back to regain the equilibrium of interference by the Government or Ruling entity.

History is an excellent means of finding when point is. In this case, let’s look at our own history. We began our birth as a nation because of the amount of taxation that England was levying on U.S.. The amount of taxation represented more than half of the cost to produce a product for sale/export, and then the Mother country (England) wanted to add another tax on the personal income of those involved in creating the product. In the end, the total amount of taxation on our efforts exceeded 60%.

Today, total taxation by government (federal and state) on our time and effort is approaching 50%, and they continue to tax more to make up for their spending shortfalls on programs that investigation shows U.S. citizens did not ask our representatives to implement because there was no need because the programs do not defend U.S. or promote, meaning not creating conditions that stifle our ability to improve our own welfare (remember the word in the Constitution is promote not provide).

Therefore, upon successfully cutting ties with the King and his dictatorial leadership, we created the U.S. Government as a representative republic. However, our representatives have spent more on programs that those they represent did not request or actually have an opportunity to vote on. The representatives cast their own vote for their own programs, thereby anointing themselves representative of the will of the King (President). As has been said before, history repeats itself, and now we are at that point of repeating the U.S. rebellion against those in our government who no longer represent our point of view. which we were rebelling was a

MSGTAS on December 17, 2009 at 9:30 AM

The Tea Party movement will soon be joined by a lot of Independents who may lean left on social issues but are appalled by the latest senate bill in HCR.

As I suspected, the mandate without a clear public option has triggered the same attitude of outrage at government intrusion into our lives without good reason. That is a very common meeting point with the teaparties.

On a progressive blog, for example, someone asked, “Is there a book out there, “Tea Parties for Dummies.” I thought that was cute. But it’s an awareness, finally, that there are common points of agreement.

AnninCA on December 17, 2009 at 9:33 AM

On the same day Obama says we must pass some crappy health care bill or we will go bankrupt as a nation, Clinton is promising other countries a $100 billion dollars a year to help with their fight against global warming. WTF? These people are absolutely insane!

joedoe on December 17, 2009 at 9:44 AM

man…47% for an NBC poll… that must mean the poll really numbers in dog years…

CynicalOptimist on December 17, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Look at the polling. It says this is political suicide. Do politicians ever knowingly commit political suicide as a group?

I hope you answered “no”.

So what does it mean if they PASS this thing, or a version of it? (Which they will.)

It means THEY NO LONGER FEAR LOSING POWER IN ELECTIONS.

Time to stop with the yeehawing and look the beast in the eye. It’s worse than you thought, not better.

Lex on December 17, 2009 at 10:57 AM

It means THEY NO LONGER FEAR LOSING POWER IN ELECTIONS.

I fear that deep down in the bowels is a provision for wresting control from the citizens. That would be caos.

CynicalOptimist on December 17, 2009 at 11:01 AM

You cannot use 1000 or even 2000 people to get an accurate poll of what 130 million adults think. If the NBC poll is at 47% the actual number is probably around 42. Where the polls are really off is on healthcare. Over 70% of adults do not like all or part of this bill. Pollsters, politicians, and the lame media have no idea what is really going on with the people right now. There is a discontent that is so pervasive, it would blow them away if they could possibly comprehend it.

Nalea on December 17, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Nalea on December 17, 2009 at 11:02 AM

How many people in the poll to come up with over 70%?

Slowburn on December 17, 2009 at 12:00 PM

You’re only as stong as the weakest link.

By SIOBHAN GORMAN, YOCHI J. DREAZEN and AUGUST COLE

WASHINGTON — Militants in Iraq have used $26 off-the-shelf software to intercept live video feeds from U.S. Predator drones, potentially providing them with information they need to evade or monitor U.S. military operations.

Senior defense and intelligence officials said Iranian-backed insurgents intercepted the video feeds by taking advantage of an unprotected communications link in some of the remotely flown planes’ systems. Shiite fighters in Iraq used software programs such as SkyGrabber — available for as little as $25.95 on the Internet — to regularly capture drone video feeds, according to a person familiar with reports on the matter.
Wall Street Journal

Denial is no defense. Relying on electronic intelligence for national security is fraught with built in disaster, made in China. Next step, terrorists pirate the drones to attack our own troops.

Obama’s and Gates’ national defense sensibility is to rely upon electronics, regardless of their ease for sabotage from chips and parts manufactured in China, to electromagnetic pulse destruction, to corruption via unprotected lines of communication.

The stupidity of this is illustrated by illicit and unprotected sexual intercourse with STD partners. Obama can’t just abort this problem.

maverick muse on December 17, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Merry Christmas from Your Democrat Leaders!
Unemployment going up!

Cybergeezer on December 17, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Keep f***ing that chicken, Barack!

PattyJ on December 17, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I wonder if, based on this poll, Ed and AP will finally stop conflating “independents” with “centrists”. They’ve been saying that Obama’s ratings with independents have been going down without pointing out that a whole lot of those independents are tea partiers. The fact that some folks are leaving the GOP and becoming independent tea partiers does not mean that Obama’s ratings among independents are cratering (though I believe they are dipping, as they are with pretty much every segment of the population).

orange on December 18, 2009 at 11:13 AM

mauipundit on December 16, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Chances are actually pretty good that he’s not, if you believe the Hawaii Department of Health.

justincase on December 18, 2009 at 11:28 AM