Waterloo: Obama approval at 47 in new NBC poll, tea party more popular than Dems or GOP

posted at 8:01 pm on December 16, 2009 by Allahpundit

Tell me again about the great Democratic realignment.

For the first time, Obama’s overall job approval rating has fallen below 50 percent (to 47 percent). In addition, for the first time since Sept. 2007, a plurality (45 percent) sees the Democratic Party in a negative light. And the percentage believing the country is on the wrong track (55 percent) is at its highest level in the Obama presidency…

The entire Republican Party, moreover, continues to maintain a net-negative favorable/unfavorable rating, 28 percent to 43 percent.

But, for the first time in more than two years, the Democratic Party also now holds a net-negative rating, 35 percent to 45 percent.

By comparison, the conservative libertarian-leaning Tea Party movement has a net-positive 41 percent to 23 percent score in the poll.

We’ll get to the tea party in a minute, but first health care: 32/47, another new low, with a plurality saying for the first time that they prefer the status quo to ObamaCare (44/41). Quoth pollster Bill McInturff: “This is the survey where the wheels came off the bus.” Honestly, though: The wheels were never really on. Note the ceiling over time:

o-care

They never cracked 40 percent and now they’re so far gone that it’s essentially become a suicide mission. In fact, for the second day in a row, the only real bright spot on health care is the number that would have supported the now-dead Medicare buy-in. 58 percent say thumbs up, 32 percent say thumbs down. Let me know if and when someone dares to poll that question while listing potential adverse consequences or trade-offs.

As for the tea-party numbers, we already knew they were more popular than the GOP, but now, thanks to O-Care, they’ve lapped the Democrats too. Ironclad proof of a surge in fiscally conservative populism across the nation? Sure, to some extent. But this helps explain it too:

msnbc

The pro-tea-party megaphone at Fox is vastly larger than its hardcore anti counterpart at MSNBC. Although even MSNBC’s eleven viewers are more ambivalent about the movement than I would have guessed:

Yet looking inside those numbers, more than three-quarters (76 percent) of those who say FOX News is where they get their news see the Tea Party movement positively, versus just 4 percent who see it negatively.

That’s a stark contrast to how viewers of the competing cable networks CNN and MSNBC see the movement. More of those viewers have a negative opinion of it (36 percent) than a positive one (24 percent).

More teabagging jokes for Olby and Maddow, stat. Meanwhile, the GOP’s within two on the generic ballot, the closest its been in an NBC poll since a month before Bush’s reelection in 2004. (Another poll out today shows Republicans leading on the ballot.) There’s a partial explanation for that too:

indies

I’ll leave you with this post at Newsbusters showcasing a flustered Chris Matthews as he tries to explain away the tea party movement’s surprisingly strong numbers. Exit quotation:

MATTHEWS: Did you read the question though? It basically said, “Here’s a group of conservatives who get together who are concerned about high taxes.” Well what’s wrong with that?

TODD: That’s right.

MATTHEWS: It isn’t a bunch of screaming, crazy people yelling, like you see at these parties.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

What’s with this Ogabe nonsense? Is there actually any non-racist reason to not just call him “Obama” like normal, intelligent people?

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM

You have a problem with my name? Perhaps my man Rahm should have a quiet word with you in the back room…

Ogabe on December 16, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Do I have to compare him to Jimmy Carter to make more more comfortable because Carter is white?

Just compare him to somebody who is… you know… comparable in some way.

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:49 PM

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Mohammadism is not a race.

alexwest on December 16, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I hope http://www.teapartynation.com is not going to be the real national movement, because they are not promoting the ideas and values I agree with and it looks like the http://www.the912project.com/ movement is going to be the one for me.

The Tea Party Nation seems to be an extreme conservative group instead of just a conservative group.

JeffinSac on December 16, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Too bad DaveS didn’t listen to Colonel West’s speech~that was refreshing and a great way to kick off the new GOP!

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Indeed!

AUINSC on December 16, 2009 at 8:50 PM

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Ogabe on December 16, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Oh SNAP!

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 8:50 PM

The audacity of hope was for his campaign
Tyranny and thuggery are for his reign
His candidacy was rather like that of a Henry Houdini
His presidency is shaping up to be much more like that of a Benito Mussolini

Although he tries to slip it all in under another guise
To all his fascist action most foul we must still be wise
In spite of all the Houdini lies
Dancing in Obama’s Mussolini eyes!

MB4 on December 16, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Am I hearing Olby saying “kill the bill” right now?

Knucklehead on December 16, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I can’t stop watching MSNBC…. they are ALL in full panic mode right now… I LOVE IT!

BPD on December 16, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Just remember when MSNBC proudly reports that their audience went up by 50% during the month of December that you will have nobody but yourself to blame.

highhopes on December 16, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Sure, but they are being compared to Democrats and Republicans. The trend is disturbing and I suspect the tea parties are going to morph into something that guarentees Obama his second term.

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:16 PM

I think that is the idea, they want to create division if they can, set them up as something outside the mainstream of voters.

Terrye on December 16, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I love it when people start these, can I add one?

“Now Maitland! Now is your time!”

Bishop on December 16, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Battle speeches are awesome. No Endeavour in human nature quiet matches the glory, heroism and raw emotional content that War evokes in Human Literature. Adventure and Exploration comes a close second but nothing matches Warfare.

“No Greater Sacrifice has ever been asked of a people but I ask you now to step forward one last time, one last battle to hold the line against the night.’

Holger on December 16, 2009 at 8:51 PM

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Ogabe is what you wind up with after your constitution gets rewritten, laws of the land are rendered moot and confiscation of the means of production by collectivist take-over of your gov’t. In other words Obama is an Mugabe in the making.

Archimedes on December 16, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Just heard Steele on the radio in an ad bashing Obamacare, caught me off-guard.

True_King on December 16, 2009 at 8:52 PM

it was exactly as Bishop and I described it.

AUINSC on December 16, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Again, I’d be interested in hearing exactly how Obama is like Mugabe in your mind.

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:52 PM

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM

I’m a normal person and I’ve been calling him “filthy lying coward” and variations on that theme for months. Nothing racist about that, just far more truth telling than by giving him a single name like “Oprah.”

highhopes on December 16, 2009 at 8:53 PM

as we have said over and over, most of us know someone who went to a tea party (or went ourselves) and we saw how they /we were treated by the lamestream media

they made it clear they are disgusted by we regular Americans

and the people do not like it

EPIC EPIC 2010

ginaswo on December 16, 2009 at 8:53 PM

it was exactly as Bishop and I described it.

AUINSC on December 16, 2009 at 8:46 PM

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:52 PM

DaveS likes to argue for the sake of argument~just throw him a banana and a fresh tampon.

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 8:54 PM

now I’m watching Olberdouche. He’s furious.

Marcus on December 16, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Meltdown in MSM-ville. How sweet the sound of liberals attacking each other in harmonious hegemony.

Rovin on December 16, 2009 at 8:55 PM

It’s not just the overwhelming black vote…there are a portion of white voters who vote for Obama for the same reason.

AUINSC on December 16, 2009 at 8:41 PM

..yes. You are correct. I was mistaken; actually impetuous. As some of the comments allude to, one of the tragedy of having this clown as president is that other qualified minorities will be besmirched by his pathetic and incompetent performance.

Of course, I believe that America is better than that and there will be room for competent people irrespective of race. But this POSOTUS sure will leave a bad taste in everyone’s mouth.

A tangential observation: LtCol Allen West is a man I’d follow into hell; we need more like him to get in the faces of the likes of Pelosi and the other liberal, wuss numbnutz’ in gummint.

VoyskaPVO on December 16, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Archimedes on December 16, 2009 at 8:52 PM

That’s absurd… Obama is not a Mugabe in the making. He’s just an idiot who “knows so much that isn’t so.”

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Beta males don’t make great presidents.

That’s *it!* Just call him “Obeta”, and then we can all be happy, including Dave S.

Other possibilities (I don’t claim to be the originator):
OCarter
B+HO
or just go with “filthy lying coward” (thank you, highhopes!)

Mary in LA on December 16, 2009 at 8:56 PM

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 8:54 PM

There’s that “business end” again!

LOL!

Archimedes on December 16, 2009 at 8:56 PM

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Racist and sexist, both, now I see.

(I kid, I kid…)

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:56 PM

coldwarrior:

I think the GOP is getting the idea. There will be some people in the party from some parts of the country that will not be as conservative as a DeMint or a Coburn, but it seems to me that more and more Republicans are starting to hear what the Tea Party people are saying. That is the real point to that poll, most of those people who named the Tea Party as their preference, are more likely to vote Republican than Democrat. It is a message to the leadership.

Terrye on December 16, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Mary in LA on December 16, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Yeah, Obeta is actually funny.

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:57 PM

LOL! Olberdouche is trashing Obama and this Bill. LOL! Waterloo indeed!

elduende on December 16, 2009 at 8:57 PM

now I’m watching Olberdouche. He’s furious.

Marcus on December 16, 2009 at 8:04 PM

He’s ripping Barry a new one and saying kill this bill.

Knucklehead on December 16, 2009 at 8:57 PM

I’ve been seeing tea party morph into Tea Party a lot lately, and the last thing we need is another Perot to hand this inept moron another term.

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:08 PM

You’ve got that backwards. With the current numbers it will be the Republican that will be filling Perot’s shoes next time. If you have a complaint, take it to them.

Personally, I think the Democrat and Repubican [sic] Parties should make their merger official, work out their minor differences and the rest of us can join the Tea Party.

FloatingRock on December 16, 2009 at 8:57 PM

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Right off the bat? Just like Zimbabwe, our mint is printing dollars at a rate that is unprecedented in our history…we are headed right toward Zimbabwe style hyper-inflation. In fact, Zimbabwe is the running-joke, poster child for this type of policy. From there, we can go into his very Socialist Friendly tendencies across the board as well, but that’s a good start.

AUINSC on December 16, 2009 at 8:58 PM

DaveS likes to argue for the sake of argument

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Well look at the bright side. At least a fence post someplace is getting a rest.

MB4 on December 16, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Mary in LA on December 16, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Can’t use “Ocarter” because Ogabe is half-white and that would be racist. Somehow. Don’t ask me how just go with it.

Bishop on December 16, 2009 at 8:59 PM

elduende on December 16, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Great minds! I can’t believe what I’m hearing.

Knucklehead on December 16, 2009 at 9:00 PM

POSOTUS

I like that one, too.

BTW, I recently had a chat with a lovely lady from Brazil. She told me that Bill Clinton often appeared in the Brazilian press as “Bill Pinton”. “Pinto” is the part of the anatomy that got Mr Clinton into so much trouble, and the suffix “-on” means a big one. ;-)

Mary in LA on December 16, 2009 at 9:00 PM

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Racist and sexist, both, now I see.

(I kid, I kid…)

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I’m a woman and banana~I’m not touching that one….. :)

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 9:00 PM

LOL!

Maddow: I know that was a difficult conclusion for you Keith

LOL!

elduende on December 16, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Bishop on December 16, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Oh, dear — you are quite right, of course. I’ll just go soak my head in a bucket of DHMO now. :-P

Mary in LA on December 16, 2009 at 9:01 PM

elduende on December 16, 2009 at 9:00 PM

And reading the amendment today was sooooo radical!!!!

LOL

Knucklehead on December 16, 2009 at 9:02 PM

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I beg to differ, I think he is an absolute genious! A moron with no concept of what he is doing, picking policy positions out of a hat, would by percentages get the correct policy at least occasionally. The Obamanable One has a (other than Seals vs Somali pirates) 100% success rate of doing the consumate worst possible on behalf of America.

That cannot be a coincidence, that cannot be beginer’s luck, that can only be purposeful perfidy.

Archimedes on December 16, 2009 at 9:02 PM

LOL! Olberdouche is trashing Obama and this Bill. LOL! Waterloo indeed!

elduende on December 16, 2009 at 8:57 PM

now I’m watching Olberdouche. He’s furious.

Marcus on December 16, 2009 at 8:04 PM

He’s ripping Barry a new one and saying kill this bill.

Knucklehead on December 16, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Will Tiger and Elin patch things up?

Will Barry and Kieth patch things up?

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of, “As the Stomach Turns!”

MB4 on December 16, 2009 at 9:02 PM

OMG OMG, did you see Olberman. I really thougt at anytime he was going to break down and cry. I never thought I would see a day when I agreed with ANYTHING he had to say. It’s like he was reading Obama’s and the democrats obituary.

milwife88 on December 16, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Dancing in Obama’s Mussolini eyes!

MB4 on December 16, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Love it, love it, love it!

Mary in LA on December 16, 2009 at 9:04 PM

DaveS likes to argue for the sake of argument

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 8:54 PM

No he doesn’t! He’s a thug that throws out an incendiary comment and steps back. There isn’t a single argument in anything he posts. Read back through his posts and show me where he stakes out and defends a legitimate position.

highhopes on December 16, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Can we still call him Hopey McChangerson?

Mary in LA on December 16, 2009 at 9:06 PM

He’s ripping Barry a new one and saying kill this bill.

Knucklehead on December 16, 2009 at 8:57 PM

OMG–they’re eating their young…..!

ted c on December 16, 2009 at 9:06 PM

What was racist about it…enlighten us oh mature, non-bigot.

AUINSC on December 16, 2009 at 8:28 PM
Jesus Christ, as if you don’t know.

On the flip side, I would just love to hear you try to make some educated defense of why it’s necessary, fitting, or even just “funny” in you own mind. I think it makes the 2 or 3 lowest-common-denominator types who say it sound incredibly unintelligent, so here’s your chance to redeem yourself, and maybe sound like a slightly less immature and despicable idiot.

Go!

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I don’t know.
You’re coming across as an ignorant, humorless, self righteous tool.
There are many insulting sobriquets for Obama. My personal favorite is one I made up-the Jugeared Nitwit.
Since you’re too full of yourself to figure it out I’ll ‘splain it at ya.
Robert Mugabe is an African despot. Odumbo is of African heritage-not just black, but actually African. Odinglebarry is a Marxist, thus an advocate of tyranny. Hence, he’s satirized by mashing his name with a tyrant’s.
Like many others who regard Il Douche with utter contempt I rarely ever use his actual name on blogs, preferring instead to use insults, childish as they may be, because it gives me pleasure.

single stack on December 16, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Perhaps this not as far off as you may think, after all it was Carter that installed Mugabe in Zimbabwe. There is a corellation there.

Archimedes on December 16, 2009 at 9:06 PM

DaveS likes to argue for the sake of argument

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 8:54 PM

highhopes on December 16, 2009 at 9:04 PM

I don’t wanna read back thru his posts. Once was enough, high.
DaveS would argue if you told him the sky was blue.

HornetSting on December 16, 2009 at 9:08 PM

J****C*****, as if you don’t know.

Hey Dave, as long as you’re being so darned sensitive to language, how about cutting that out? It is offensive to many who read Hot Air, unless you were praying, that is. Thanks.

indypat on December 16, 2009 at 9:09 PM

My own contribution myself was the Obamanable Snowman, can we just call him Yeti for short?

Archimedes on December 16, 2009 at 9:09 PM

milwife88 on December 16, 2009 at 9:02 PM

And some dude is on Maddow saying “the tea party movement is now a legitimate grassroots movement”

Holy crap, what a day.

Knucklehead on December 16, 2009 at 9:09 PM

OMG OMG, did you see Olberman.
milwife88 on December 16, 2009 at 9:02 PM

No, no I did not. Why? Because I would rather be back on my ship greasing high-lines and cleaning bilges 24/7, or enduring the first day of boot camp again 1,000 times, than watch a second of that idiot.

Bishop on December 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM

single stack on December 16, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Yeah, that’s about as far as it goes for most of the people who call him that (btw, Obama has never lived in Africa).

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Folks we are bearing witness to the political equivalent of the Titanic sinking. It is taking on water, there are several breaches in the hull and it is listing hard, yes *hard* to port….

If this isn’t the epitome of doomed legislation, then I don’t know what is.

100 Thomas Jefferson’s couldn’t bring this baby back to life.

ted c on December 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM

The Liberal Party steadfastly keeps on marching,over
the infamous “precipice” and straight into the void!!

canopfor on December 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Knucklehead on December 16, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Kinda like Christmas morning. I can’t wait to see him again later this evening in the replay….it’ll be worth staying up late for it.

milwife88 on December 16, 2009 at 9:11 PM

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Methinks, DaveS doth protest too much…

lovingmyUSA on December 16, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Bishop on December 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM

This is the 2nd time I’ve watched him………..this stuff was priceless tonight. They are coming apart at the seams and trashing Barry.

Knucklehead on December 16, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Yo,Obama,the entire Liberal Party ship
smacked into a mother of all icebergs,

should we send out a distress call,SOS!(Sarc)

canopfor on December 16, 2009 at 9:14 PM

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM

How do you feel about “Bambi” as a moniker?

PackerBronco on December 16, 2009 at 9:14 PM

I’ll tell ya- that line “filthy lying coward” is pure genius.
It rolls into my mind every time I see or hear the filthy lying coward.
See?

POSOTUS is excellent also. I will incorporate it into my brain.

justltl on December 16, 2009 at 9:14 PM

single stack on December 16, 2009 at 9:06 PM

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Wow! A Mindreader! So I guess you’re a bazillionaire, huh?
(btw, I never said Ogabe ever lived in Africa)

single stack on December 16, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Could it be,the Lefty agenda was a bit
toooooooooooooooooooooo ambitious!!!!

canopfor on December 16, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Bishop on December 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM

I feel the same way. But, I knew that this evening was going to be good. I only watched the last couple of minutes and I’m telling you to see him almost cry and the absolute defeat in his face is so worth the 7-9 minutes. It was like someone took the air out of him and he was so very disappointed with the dems and Obama that he called them out by name and addressed them. Even encouraging them to kill the bill to save their careers. It’s worth the time. He even went so far as to say that he is not going to buy the health care and imposing a fine for not buying the health care is “immoral”. He used the word “immoral” when talking about the DEMS!
The choice is yours. :)

milwife88 on December 16, 2009 at 9:17 PM

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…..

rockmom on December 16, 2009 at 9:19 PM

oh, oh let me !

mugabe takes over a perfectly sound country, a “breadbasket of Africa” and makes it into a rotten hellhole
implements racist policies, whereby whites are driven from their land in the name of racial equality
supports terrorists and thugs
adores Marxism and Maoism
hates Britain and
has/had an African father

just to name a few

runner on December 16, 2009 at 9:19 PM

How do you feel about “Bambi” as a moniker?
PackerBronco on December 16, 2009 at 9:14 PM

No. “Bambi” is an image connected to deer, there are deer in Africa, Ogabe has an African heritage, therefore it is racist.

Bishop on December 16, 2009 at 9:21 PM

single stack on December 16, 2009 at 9:06 PM

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Wrong & wrong. Obama is only tangentially “African”, his genealogical breakdown is 50%=caucasion/47= Arab-Semetic(depending on your samantics)/and only 7% of African bloodlines.
Obama being the 1st “Black” president is but one of many frauds he has perpetrated himself as.

Archimedes on December 16, 2009 at 9:21 PM

OOps! typo that was supposed to be 43% Arab/Semitic, someone was talking to me while I was typing, my bad.

Archimedes on December 16, 2009 at 9:22 PM

single stack on December 16, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Look at the means which a man employs, consider his motives, observe his pleasures. A man simply cannot conceal himself!
- Confucius

MB4 on December 16, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Did anyone see the AP poll that had Obama had 56%? I swear they just throw one out there like that to raise his average. Obama is falling everywhere else.

Terrye on December 16, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Knucklehead on December 16, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Its a beautiful thing to behold our enemies, in distress, full of rage, turn on each other, and slaughter their own, including their messiah. Poetry!

elduende on December 16, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Olberdouche and his loud *sighs* were pure heaven. He also slammed Max Baucus which was nice considering I saw the clip of Baucus and his “why should we read the bill in the Senate? No one will understand it anyway.”

Marcus on December 16, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Hey idiots… Obama is not an African. You’re like a bunch of third graders.

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:27 PM

This sounds like a night I could actually tolerate watching Olbermann. LOL.

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Terrye on December 16, 2009 at 9:23 PM

AP is the last bastion of the Kool-Aid drinkers, they are bound and determined to go down with the ship!

Bon Voyage!

Archimedes on December 16, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Bishop on December 16, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Hahaha…that was exactly the intellectual level of his analysis.

He’s was just dying to toss that out there so he could preen and bask in his superior intellect, maturity and morality…by calling us racists.

I’m starting to think it backfired.

AUINSC on December 16, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Well,I still wonder if the Lefty’s have a clue, as to their
self-inflicted doom as their party begins its catostrophic
demise into political oblivion!!

canopfor on December 16, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Hey idiots… Obama is not an African. You’re like a bunch of third graders.

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:27 PM

and you know about third-grades, how ?

runner on December 16, 2009 at 9:28 PM

or graders…

runner on December 16, 2009 at 9:29 PM

This sounds like a night I could actually tolerate watching Olbermann. LOL.

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I’m starting to think you watch him every night…and love it. LOL.

AUINSC on December 16, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I’m starting to think it backfired.

AUINSC on December 16, 2009 at 9:28 PM

AUINSC: I think the word here,should be from the Left,

as in,BACKLASH!!!(Just try’n to help:)

canopfor on December 16, 2009 at 9:30 PM

arab, forget about Semitic, have to go back to Abraham to collate the two

runner on December 16, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Why is everyone fighting with DaveS when Keith Olberman is in such pain. Have some compassion people. Can we get a moment of silence?

milwife88 on December 16, 2009 at 9:30 PM

It has already been clarified you dolt, The Obanable One is of only 7% AA heritage. The 1st Black Prez thing is just yet another of his multiple frauds!

Archimedes on December 16, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Delicious.

voxpopuli on December 16, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Hahaha…that was exactly the intellectual level of his analysis.

AUINSC on December 16, 2009 at 9:28 PM

On the contrary, your rationale for calling him “Ogabe” (as opposed to some other leftist who is much more similar to Obama) seems to be that he is African and Obama’s dad was African… QED, dude!

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Barry not African? Kenya dig it?

BHO Jonestown on December 16, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Hey idiots… Obama is not an African. You’re like a bunch of third graders.

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:27 PM

DaveS: As an illiterate idiot from the boonies,up here in
the bush,

TRUST and VERIFY,just show me his papars,I mean
birth certificate!

canopfor on December 16, 2009 at 9:33 PM

QED, dude!

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Yeah, you won, Professor.

AUINSC on December 16, 2009 at 9:33 PM

How do you feel about “Bambi” as a moniker?

PackerBronco on December 16, 2009 at 9:14 PM

I prefer Bury.

thomasaur on December 16, 2009 at 9:35 PM

I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE RACHEL MADCOW CALLING US TEABAGGERS!

txag92 on December 16, 2009 at 9:36 PM

JeffinSac on December 16, 2009 at 8:49 PM

There are a number of groups that have been around for a while trying to siphon off of Tea Party popularity or claiming to be founders of the movement.

For me it started with Seattle blogger Liberty Belle on 2/16. Her protest inspired me to do a 1 man Tea Party on the 16th in Sac. Now thousands show up and Liberty Belle rarely gets the credit she deserves.

Mr Purple on December 16, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Archimedes on December 16, 2009 at 9:06 PM

You mean Rhodesia.

Lanceman on December 16, 2009 at 9:37 PM

It’s a good thing that nobody could ever pull up any footage of Mathews, Olbermann, or Schultz screaming and yelling on television. Why, people might think less of them if such footage existed!

stldave on December 16, 2009 at 9:38 PM

QED, dude!

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Yeah, you won, Professor.

AUINSC on December 16, 2009 at 9:33 PM

No… that was your argument. YOU won!

I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE RACHEL MADCOW CALLING US TEABAGGERS!

txag92 on December 16, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Why? Let them make fools of themselves. To the average person, they sound as bad or worse than someone who calls Obama “Ogabe”. They aren’t doing their “side” any favors.

DaveS on December 16, 2009 at 9:40 PM

txag92 on December 16, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Ignore it. Besides, it’s catchy and tea bags are frequent props at the events. If anything it makes them look petty and homophobic. I embrace the label and encourage the critics to use the term.

Mr Purple on December 16, 2009 at 9:40 PM