Video: The belated yet obligatory “Lt. Col. Allen West rallies the base” clip

posted at 10:01 pm on December 16, 2009 by Allahpundit

I caught his interview last night with Hannity and thought for sure we’d posted the viral vid of him rallying a crowd of conservatives in Florida a few months ago, but nope. Somehow it slipped through the cracks. Here it is, several weeks late, along with the Hannity clip. Most of you will already be familiar with the story of his military discharge so let’s focus on his congressional run instead: Last year, facing a national Democratic hurricane, he lost by 10 points to Ron Klein. This year, as a blossoming tea-party icon, he’s got a Republican hurricane behind him. Toss in the earned media he’s going to get from people like Hannity and Beck and he’s basically running the same race in the same state as Marco Rubio. How’s that working out thus far?

The campaign website is here in case you’re moved to donate.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I think a simple way of saying it that this guy is a real, true, actual racist.

AUINSC on December 17, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Exactly…all racists are stupid IMO.

F15Mech on December 17, 2009 at 1:59 AM

LMFAO decider got owned!

daesleeper on December 17, 2009 at 2:02 AM

*Shakes my head as to how easy it is to troll the website. Much of it is helped along by the constant copy-pasting of the troll’s comments in every response.

Apologetic California on December 17, 2009 at 1:59 AM

I don’t feed the trolls very often however I felt the need to do so…in this thread.

F15Mech on December 17, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Come on decider…where are you at.
There is only so many Rush quotes you liberals can make up.

I know you are probably detained having to sneak downstairs to your parents basement to use the computer so here is another great example of your liberal self righteousness:

The N-bomb is dropped on black passersby at Prop 8 protests

by: Pam Spaulding
Fri Nov 07, 2008 at 16:15:00 PM EST

Geoffrey, a student at UCLA and regular Rod 2.0 reader, joined the massive protest outside the Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Westwood. Geoffrey was called the n-word at least twice.

It was like being at a klan rally except the klansmen were wearing Abercrombie polos and Birkenstocks. YOU NI#$ER, one man shouted at men.
If your people want to call me a FA$%OT, I will call you a ni#%er. Someone else said same thing to me on the next block near the temple…me and my friend were walking, he is also gay but Korean, and a young WeHo clone said after last night the ni#%ers better not come to West Hollywood if they knew what was BEST for them.

“your people”…….
………”ni#%er”………

How Progressive!!!!!!

Los Angeles resident and Rod 2.0 reader A. Ronald says he and his boyfriend, who are both black, were carrying NO ON PROP 8 signs and still subjected to racial abuse.
Three older men accosted my friend and shouted, “Black people did this, I hope you people are happy!” A young lesbian couple with mohawks and Obama buttons joined the shouting and said there were “very disappointed with black people” and “how could we” after the Obama victory. This was stupid for them to single us out because we were carrying those blue NO ON PROP 8 signs! I pointed that out and the one of the older men said it didn’t matter because “most black people hated gays” and he was “wrong” to think we had compassion. That was the most insulting thing I had ever heard. I guess he never thought we were gay.

There’s that “your people” again……
…..and what is going on with “very disappointed with black people”…..

Surely such self righteous liberals would not be stereo typing now would they??????

Oh yea!!!

Nothing like a bunch of liberals protesting for tolerance and equality while yelling ni#%r!!!!

Come on decider…..impress us with your infinite wisdom and explain all this racism in the liberal democratic party you love so much.

Baxter Greene on December 17, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Ok if he is not a “Magic Negro” than is West a “Blood or Crip”? According to Limbaugh Blacks most be one or the other.

Decider on December 17, 2009 at 12:53 AM

Good Lord.

That is preposterous and inflammatory…and ridiculously without merit. Please source your claim that “according to Limbaugh Blacks most [sic] be one or the other.”

Put up or shut up.

powerpro on December 17, 2009 at 2:08 AM

Apologetic California on December 17, 2009 at 1:59 AM

Not going to apologize for calling a liberal out on their lies and hypocrisy.

Standing by and letting liberals shout out all their lunacy did not work to well for Conservatives over the last few years….reference “Bush lied”.

If a liberal is going to run their mouth off and make baseless accusations I am going to call them on it.

Baxter Greene on December 17, 2009 at 2:10 AM

You guys should really tip off HA admins about Decider and just get him banned. He participates in killgoretrout trollish behaviour by repeating incessant racist things dead in the middle of the night.

Apologetic California on December 17, 2009 at 2:10 AM

Google is your friend Ace. Do it yourself. Limbaugh is well known racist. I am just asking if you actually think Limbaugh will support the gentleman in the clips who is a “Magic Negro”.

Decider on December 17, 2009 at 1:19 AM

You might want to tell his friend and associate, Snerdley, that his boss is a racist.

I’m pretty sure he’d laugh his butt off at your ridiculous and baseless assertion.

powerpro on December 17, 2009 at 2:14 AM

Apologetic California on December 17, 2009 at 2:10 AM

You can also tip off the HA admins (tips@hotair.com). If you notice all posts contain a link in the timestamp (that is why the times are blue).

I am not sure what it takes to be banned it seams a threat will do that (and it should) however a racist post may not.

F15Mech on December 17, 2009 at 2:24 AM

Apologetic California on December 17, 2009 at 2:10 AM

Good idea.
Will do.

Baxter Greene on December 17, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Wrong guess Sport. I am not a Liberal. However, I am calling them as I see them. The GOP has no place for minorities. All you need to do is listen to Rush Limbaugh to understand that fact.

I listen to him all the time. All you doing is perpetrating an old high school girl tactic: spreading rumor. That the rumor is lie is irrelevant to you. As a matter of fact, you know it’s a lie. You’re simply the kind of person who doesn’t care whether he tells the truth or not.

I am just asking the same questions that the Rush asked of Obama. Is he an American citizen? Is he an affirmative action candidate? Is he a Blood or Crip? Is he a “Magic Negro”? Is West going to give Blacks reparations?

These are just standard questions you ask when there is a Black politician.

Decider on December 17, 2009 at 1:15 AM

No they aren’t. These are just for Obama because of his actions: his lies, his half-truths, his obfuscations, his illiteracy wrt American History, his occasionally unguarded intent to redistribute wealth (which I have long asserted is a reparations scheme) and many more things.

No one has ever asked me for a birth certificate (except the Air Force) or whether I’m a gang member or whether I’m for reparation and I’m from the same tribe as Obama.

You simple are lying because you can’t wrap your mind around the fact that Obama means to destroy this country. And the first to suffer from his perfidy will be his sycophants like yourself.

Wake up, before it’s too late.

baldilocks on December 17, 2009 at 2:34 AM

Well I guess decider’s mom told him to get to bed. When he gets up, maybe he can explain how this could happen in this new age of Hope and Change.

………I thought Obama was supposed to improve race relations.

………….It was a “new beginning”…

……….Obama was the one he had been waiting for….

…………..”Hope and Change”…”Yes We Can”….

I guess Obama’s union supporters and close confidants did not get the memo:

New video from St. Louis town hall beating
posted at 3:56 pm on August 8, 2009 by Patrick Ishmael

The Carnahan Carnival; Update: Gladney’s attorney recounts details of beating; Update: Carnahan staffer among those arrested? Update: Post-Dispatch buries Gladney paragraphs

Dear Mr. Hennessy:
I am Kenneth Gladney’s attorney. Kenneth was attacked on the evening of August 6, 2009 at Rep. Russ Carnahan’s town hall meeting in South St. Louis County. I was at the town hall meeting as well and witnessed the events leading up to the attack of Kenneth. Kenneth was approached by an SEIU representative as Kenneth was handing out “Don’t Tread on Me” flags to other conservatives. The SEIU representative demanded to know why a black man was handing out these flags. The SEIU member used a racial slur against Kenneth, then punched him in the face. Kenneth fell to the ground. Another SEIU member yelled racial epithets at Kenneth as he kicked him in the head and back. Kenneth was also brutally attacked by one other male SEIU member and an unidentified woman. The three men were clearly SEIU members, as they were wearing T-shirts with the SEIU logo.
Kenneth was beaten badly. One assailant fled on foot; three others were arrested. Kenneth was admitted to St. John’s Mercy Medical Center emergency room, where he was treated for his numerous injuries. Kenneth was merely expressing his freedom of speech by handing out the flags. In fact, he merely asked people as they exited the town hall meeting whether they would like a flag. He in no way provoked any argument or altercation, as evidenced by the fact that three assailants were arrested.
We hope that Kenneth fully recovers from his injuries; however, he is in great pain at this time. We will be pursuing legal action at our discretion. This was a truly senseless hate crime carried out by racist union thugs. Regretfully, Representative Carnahan’s statements blaming Kenneth for being a disruptive force are wholly untrue and slanderous. We would like to think that an elected official in Representative Carnahan’s position would gather accurate information before carelessly rushing to judgment.
Kenneth supports conservative ideals, although he subscribes to no particular political party. We are calling on the SEIU, Representative Carnahan, and President Obama to condemn the racist actions of these union thugs. In the days to come, we will be investigating whether these thugs are working at the behest of Representative Carnahan and how strong their alliances to various organizations–such as ACORN–may be.
We hope the St. Louis Tea Party and tea party organizations around the country will protest Representative Carnahan’s offices and also protest SEIU offices in every major city across the U.S. These Democratic strong-arm tactics must end now.
Regards,
Attorney David B. Brown

What!!!!
……..How could this be.
……………Obama is President now.
……………….What about all the Unicorns and butterfly farts…the rainbows…..the Philadelphia speech.

Ahh Yes!!!

Nothing like a bunch of liberals beating down a black man while yelling ni#$er in the name of Health Care.

“Yes We Can!!!”

Baxter Greene on December 17, 2009 at 2:34 AM

Apologetic California on December 17, 2009 at 1:59 AM

I rarely do it, but this was a case when overexposure served a purpose. There is nothing so vile as the closet racist in all its liberal delusion.

They are easy to spot, and they should never be allowed to get away with it.

Saltysam on December 17, 2009 at 2:35 AM

All you doing=All you’re doing

baldilocks on December 17, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Apologetic California on December 17, 2009 at 1:59 AM

Slanderers–especially those who are intentionally fomenting racial discord by floating the ‘racist’ accusation without merit–should never be ignored.

baldilocks on December 17, 2009 at 2:40 AM

They are easy to spot, and they should never be allowed to get away with it.

Saltysam on December 17, 2009 at 2:35 AM

+1000

F15Mech on December 17, 2009 at 2:40 AM

Apologetic California on December 17, 2009 at 2:10 AM

Why ban these types?

They are great real time examples of horses’ asses.

Saltysam on December 17, 2009 at 2:42 AM

I wish we had 100 more like him, the Republicans would have a permanent majority.

echosyst on December 17, 2009 at 2:45 AM

Saltysam on December 17, 2009 at 2:42 AM

I understand your point however their racist thoughts don’t really have a place in public discourse IMO.

They are fun to play with however, (think of a cat toying with a ball of yarn).

F15Mech on December 17, 2009 at 2:48 AM

F15Mech on December 17, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Sorry meant to quote Apologetic California not Saltysam in my previous post.

F15Mech on December 17, 2009 at 2:55 AM

Conservatives with West’s level of clarity are liberal kryptonite.

More please!

roy_batty on December 17, 2009 at 3:06 AM

Conservatives with West’s level of clarity are liberal kryptonite.

More please!

roy_batty on December 17, 2009 at 3:06 AM

They deflate the false bravado of the David Frums of the world, too. Don’t you think?

Saltysam on December 17, 2009 at 3:10 AM

Just… damn.

spmat on December 17, 2009 at 3:16 AM

Saltysam on December 17, 2009 at 3:10 AM

It’s called common sense. Integrity. Passion. Love of country. Sincerity. Courage.

Buffoons like Frum will never, ever understand why we will support and defend people like Col. West when he’s viciously maligned because as far as Frum is concerned, people like West are the problem.

But then again, Frum is a world class moron who will never, ever get why we support the Wests and Palins and DeMints and Pences.

powerpro on December 17, 2009 at 3:19 AM

“You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent…. I’m not joking.” –Joe Biden

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” –Joe Biden

Hmm…Pot calling the Kettle black the absence of color.

Left Coast Right Mind on December 17, 2009 at 3:19 AM

baldilocks on December 17, 2009 at 2:34 AM

Sgt baldi/ma’am

My AF sister…

Speaking as a white male conservative I have to stop respecting you for being you and start hating you because you belong to the same tribe as Obama.

I am sorry it has to be that way but after listening to liberals I feel that I have no other option.

With much respect hate.

Your racist AF brother

F15Mech

F15Mech on December 17, 2009 at 3:22 AM

Left Coast Right Mind on December 17, 2009 at 3:19 AM

Amazing, isn’t it? This is how they think. And yet, if you believe in the founding principles in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution…then you’re a racist. It boggles the mind.

I’ll stand with Allen West, thank you very much. Bayonets!

Saltysam on December 17, 2009 at 3:28 AM

This reminds me of something Ann Coulter said. The left always accuses the right on things they themselves are doing.

It’s amazing how true that statement really is.

Growing up as I did in the Washington DC area, I was surrounded by a veritable cornucopia of ethnicity. My neighbors were black, hispanic and Cambodian. My neighbor’s daughter, Shawneece, and I were friends for years.

The only part of her ethnicity that sparked my interest was the fact that her hair was way cooler than mine…it was braided into several strands that I knew that my stringy blond hair could never manage. Oh and I liked comparing my skin tones to theirs because I found them much more interesting than my pale coloring. The Cambodians across the street let me play with their daughter, Nuphian, and I was fascinated that her skin was kind of half way between mine and Shawneece’s.

But never, ever, EVER did I think I was somehow better than they were, nor did I think they were less valuable or important or deserved less of America’s blessings and liberties than I did.

Race is of zero importance to me and that’s the way it’s always been. I was raised color blind and, beyond having a fascination for the variety of skin tones as a kid (and my somewhat darkskinned boyfriend Vladimir from Bolivia when I was in my early twenties) I’ve stayed that way.

So it stunned me when I was called a racist c**t for objecting to one of Obama’s plans last year. I never in my life had been called anything remotely similar. I wondered if I had said or done something that could have been misinterpreting.

Then I realized a few things. I had mistakenly assumed that the people I was communicating with would respond with a serious answer…instead of this cruel distract and distort strategy of theirs.

The other thing I realized is that the left is absolutely OBSESSED with race. So they can’t SEE Obama, or Condi, or Powell, or West by their accomplishments and character until they have made their sacrifice before their race bating idol.

It’s amazing that they consider Dr. King to be one of their heroes and yet conservatives and conservatism is the philosophy that embraces one of his core ideals… that we should judge people not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

powerpro on December 17, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Saltysam on December 17, 2009 at 3:28 AM

“Amazing” isn’t the word I’d choose to use in that situation, but your point is well made.

As for me, I don’t care what politically expedient group an individual is pigeon-holed into by the left; if that individual truly loves the United States, the principles of Her founding, believes in American exceptionalism and is willing to do the difficult, right and proper things (which may not always be the popular things) to help keep our country on the course that was charted for us 220+ years ago, then I’d be proud to identify that person as my American brother/sister.

I have no use for Obama, the pullers of his puppet strings, his minions, the corrupt tyrants on Capitol Hill, their fawning fans in the media, the rank and file that worship them or their clones in state and local governments.

Left Coast Right Mind on December 17, 2009 at 3:50 AM

Left Coast Right Mind on December 17, 2009 at 3:50 AM

It’s like what Col. West said. If you choose to fight for our Republic, then you are my brother and sister.

I’m proud to stand up and call him my brother in arms ready to take back our nation.

He, like Palin, remind me of why I’m proud to be an American and how important it is to stay vigilant in this fight against these statists who want to destroy our nation from within like a cancer.

powerpro on December 17, 2009 at 3:59 AM

powerpro on December 17, 2009 at 3:40 AM

Liberals don’t really care about that. I had a similar experience as a child in Denver/New England.

As long as you oppose them you will be labeled as something derogatory.

Frankly I think their labels are starting to wear a bit thin, however they will use the labels as long as they can.

F15Mech on December 17, 2009 at 4:15 AM

As long as you oppose them you will be labeled as something derogatory.

F15Mech on December 17, 2009 at 4:15 AM

Well that’s true…they will deride whoever isn’t onboard heir little train.

But in dealing with libs on another forum, I’ll disagree with your first point. They absolutely do care about race to the point of obsession.

For instance, someone posted a story about an illegal Mexican who was murdered and the killers were only given a slap on the wrist. Most of the lib comments revolved around how we wouldn’t care because he had brown skin (that’s the tamest example I could find). I find that to be a disgusting show of demagoguery.

They know I’m a Reagan conservative, so I probably blew them away by saying that it doesn’t matter what his race was…and that this was a travesty of justice. Whether or not he’s legal is a different issue entirely and does not add nor detract the meaningfulness of his life or value.

powerpro on December 17, 2009 at 4:51 AM

GAH! I hit strike again. I meant QUOTE. Grrr.

Sorry about that.

powerpro on December 17, 2009 at 4:51 AM

His discharge implicates the prevailing p***y PC culture in military administration and gains West an extra 15% in the polls.

DrZin on December 17, 2009 at 5:05 AM

Just watched the video. I’m very pleased that the Col. running for office and hope he wins decisively.

dogsoldier on December 17, 2009 at 5:39 AM

I am in his district! I called the current rep — Klein — and told him his vote for Obamacare would translate into thousands of votes for Col. West. I can’t wait to vote for West and Rubio! As an aside, I met Col. West at a function about a month ago. He was very genuine and earnest. What you see in those videos is what you get.

ncc770 on December 17, 2009 at 6:37 AM

Jesus Christ! What happened to Denzel Washington? I guess he took his military characters too seriously. Perhaps “The Manchurian Candidate” opened his eyes to cruel reality./sarc

ProudPalinFan on December 17, 2009 at 7:06 AM

At first when I read it I thought that he passed away..Sorry sinus + 1st cup of coffee. I re-read top title and sentences.

Then I say, May the Lord protect him from all enemies, either foreign or domestic. I hope Sarah sees this and runs a note on FB.

ProudPalinFan on December 17, 2009 at 7:08 AM

Ok, I’m charged up and ready to follow West into battle. Now where the heck can I get a bayonet???

CarolynM on December 17, 2009 at 7:09 AM

I said this back when I became aware of the charges against him and I will say it again.

I would follow this man through hell with gasoline soaked underwear.

America, can you see the difference between being a leader and being a manager?

I am sorry he didn’t win the first time around but I certainly hope he prevails this time.

You would think the media would give him a little coverage, if for no other reason then to push the narrative “Hey look what we found, an African American Republican.” Thr truth is he is not an oddity, no matter how much the liberals in this country want you to believe it.

Just A Grunt on December 17, 2009 at 7:19 AM

I can’t tell y’all how many times I’ve played and replayed that West clip. I’ve also sent the link out to a long list of friends and family. West’s a man to follow into battle. Unlike Obama, West knows his American history and he’s not afraid to stand on it.

As for the nutter who’s trying to drum up new racist statements allegedly made by Rush Limbaugh, HA ought to ban the guy for deliberately posting lies. I’ve been listening to Limbaugh since 1993, and he’s never said any of the things the Libs have claimed that he did. I’d call Limbaugh ‘my brotha’ before I’d use that term on any of the black Democrats out there.

SilentWatcher on December 17, 2009 at 7:20 AM

CarolynM on December 17, 2009 at 7:09 AM

I can borrow two muskets; one for you, one for me, mhkay?

ProudPalinFan on December 17, 2009 at 7:32 AM

Wow, dynamic speakers, such as this guy, really bring the tards out in force. I wonder why? Why is it, the trash of the left saves their most potent venom for women and Blacks?

Michele Bachmann
Sarah “Connor (after yesterday’s b@tch-slapping of Arnold” Palin
Now, Allen West

It’s almost comical, in a way, watching the full barrel-o-tards get unleashed whenever a woman or Black seems to threaten their world view.

MNHawk on December 17, 2009 at 7:33 AM

Just A Grunt on December 17, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Just A Grunt: If your referring to his Tour in Iraq,I as
well,don’t buy into those charges!:)

canopfor on December 17, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Allen West is a good man, not a race baiting pimp like the kenyan.

That’s what they can’t handle.

LtE126 on December 17, 2009 at 8:04 AM

Waited all night for Decider to answer but to no avail, as usual the left are unable to make common sense or at least answer for his “magic negro comment”. All they can do is accuse and accuse.

garydt on December 17, 2009 at 8:40 AM

West is a honorable man and a great speaker. He has a presence and the courage and decisiveness he showed in Iraq comes through when he speaks.

Plus, West pulls no punches. You know exactly what you’re getting.

Palin/West 2012!!!

darwin on December 17, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Al did an exchange tour for a couple of years with the Marines at II MEF. I served with him in the G3. Without question what you see is what you get with Al. He is genuine about what he believes and he lives to the standards he espouses. Marines always tend to look a little skeptically at Army personnel coming into their midst. But Al earned the respect and appreciation of all who served with him. He was sharp, both mentally and physically. While not required to, Al went out and ran our physical fitness test with us. He also consistently went out on his own time to make jumps with any unit making one so that he could keep his parachute qualifications current. He also performed very well as the Fires Officer for the MEB in an amphious assault exercise where he integrated air, surface and naval gunfire from a shipboard COC. He went on to battalion command in the Army after leaving II MEF. Bottom line is that he is sharp, dependable and real.

Our only failure with Al is that we couldn’t get him to turn off that blasted classical music and listen to some real American country music.

SoonerMarine on December 17, 2009 at 8:47 AM

ProudPalinFan on December 17, 2009 at 7:08 AM

This is funny–as I was on my way to the kitchen to get MY cup of coffee, I thought of you! I was going to send a link of this posting to C4Palin and that made me think of you, wondering if you would be doing it too! I lift my cup of joe to you! :D

lovingmyUSA on December 17, 2009 at 9:21 AM

garydt on December 17, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I honestly think that decider is killgore trout from LGF–he was trolling to make comments so Charles could post them over there to prove what racists we all are..that and the fact that the asylum found him and took him away speaks for why he left …

lovingmyUSA on December 17, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I have been trying to tell those that will listen that the Constitution does not require U.S. to provide welfare, it says promote (stay out of the way and let U.S. do it ourselves).

MSGTAS on December 17, 2009 at 9:42 AM

West spouts cliches with the best of them. And he’s black, which means Republicans will put him all over the mass media to prove how the tea-party movement (anybody else notice that this is the anniversary of the original tea party today? I expected a post) is only 99% white and not 100%, thus bringing him exposure and cash.

It really bothers you when one of them escapes the plantation, doesn’t it?

David2.0 on December 17, 2009 at 10:12 AM

It defies all liberal logic that I, a Christian white racist conservative, should be sending a campaign donation to this black American candidate that I am compelled to hate for the color of his skin. The only answer to the liberal mind must be that I sense his self-hatred of his blackness and want to support that personal destruction. Yeah, that’s it. Now we know.
Unfortunately, we are still left with the dichotomy of my conservative’s natural sexism clashing with my fondness for and support of Sarah Palin.
Oh well, I haven’t found a gay politician to support yet, so I still have the homophobe thing going for me.

SKYFOX on December 17, 2009 at 10:13 AM

F15Mech on December 17, 2009 at 3:22 AM

:P

Careful dude. Leftists rarely have a sense of humor.

baldilocks on December 17, 2009 at 10:13 AM

An authentic American. The more liberal smears, the more it is proved.

He fought our enemies away, now it seems he’s ready to fight them at home.

Grafted on December 17, 2009 at 10:54 AM

SKYFOX on December 17, 2009 at 10:13 AM

+++1000

lovingmyUSA on December 17, 2009 at 11:07 AM

West spouts cliches with the best of them.

Bleeds Blue on December 16, 2009 at 10:52 PM

A cliche from the heart is not something bad. Honesty makes things new.

TwilightStruggler on December 17, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I’m backing this man!!!

Nalea on December 17, 2009 at 11:14 AM

2012 candidates:

Allen West
Thaddeus McCotter
Marco Rubio
Sarah Palin

Shaping up nicely.

modifiedcontent on December 17, 2009 at 11:16 AM

powerpro on December 17, 2009 at 3:40 AM

I was raised to be a Liberal by two very Leftist parents. The way that Liberals in our community and in the media constantly judged/classified people first (& usually foremost) by their skin color, gender, etc. always rubbed me the wrong way. Liberals did not, and do not, judge people by the “content of their character.”

It’s just one of the things that drove me to find out an alternative…that is, the conservative/Libertarian philosophy. I’ve never looked back.

visions on December 17, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Wow, I can’t believe I didn’t hear about him until now. Thanks for the heads up.

closetgop on December 17, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Holger on December 17, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Obligatory? This guy seems pretty sharp to me.

What does Allapundit have against this guy?

AnninCA on December 17, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Decider on December 17, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Isn’t Rush’ long time friend and radio producer……black?

riverrat10k on December 17, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Isn’t Rush’ long time friend and radio producer……black?

riverrat10k on December 17, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Quiet … Rush is supposed to be a raaaaaacist.

darwin on December 17, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Is this the GOP’s “Magic Negro”? Do you really think Limbaugh will approve of him?

Decider on December 16, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I’d pay money to see Rush’s team of Ken Hutchinson and Alan West in a cage match against Decider’s team of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

uknowmorethanme on December 17, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Quiet … Rush is supposed to be a raaaaaacist.

darwin on December 17, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Well considering the Democrat Party’s history of slavery, Jim Crowe, Klansmen, segregationists and seperation of people based on ethnicity the Democrats are probably projecting their flaws on others.

Holger on December 17, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Obligatory? This guy seems pretty sharp to me.

What does Allapundit have against this guy?

AnninCA on December 17, 2009 at 11:29 AM

You do know what Obligatory means right?

uknowmorethanme on December 17, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Bleeds Blue on December 16, 2009 at 10:52 PM

What does the racial makeup of a movement about fiscal responsibility have to do with anything? Why must it always be about race?

TheUnrepentantGeek on December 17, 2009 at 12:38 PM

lovingmyUSA on December 17, 2009 at 9:21 AM

*toast*

I dunno if it was coincidence or not; when Fox & Friends showed Sarah covering her visor with a Sharpie, in comes my 6-yo daughter die-hard Sarah’s fan and brought me her black shoes. She asked me to “Sharpie” them to cover the rough spots; it worked! That ’till I get the real shoe polisher as a “second coat”.

I have to do that to my bumper sticker. I know, I forget…will take pics before and after. If Sharpie doen’t work, I got a backup. If that backup does not work or cracks with snow, I got a 3rd backup I can buy.

Folks here must know my van all over the city. I believe it will be noticed, though his name is pretty small.

ProudPalinFan on December 17, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I did not see his birth certificate in that clip. This man is not a US citizen.

Decider on December 16, 2009 at 11:16 PM

I’m chiming in late here, since you all have made most succulent and tender mincemeat out of Decider (needs salt and pepper, though — Decider is kind of bland and boring). That said, it’s my understanding that anyone in the U.S. armed forces has to be able to get a security clearance, as Baldilocks, Just A Grunt, LtE126, SoonerMarine, and any of the other posters here who have served can attest. This process requires producing a birth certificate. (So far as i know, you do not have to be a U.S. citizen to join the U.S. military, but you do have to document your identity with a birth certificate.) This means that if any question ever arose about LtCol West’s Constitutional eligibility to serve in a particular office, a FOIA request should settle it.

Mary in LA on December 17, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Mary in LA on December 17, 2009 at 1:11 PM

For Top Secret compartmented, you have to be a natural-born US citizen (long ago, I was cleared to that level). As for lesser access, I am not certain of the requirements. But I’m sure that a unit commander deployed overseas in a war zone has very high access and more than meets the requirements.

Oh and I don’t think that one can be a commissioned officer in the US military without being a US citizen.

baldilocks on December 17, 2009 at 1:25 PM

baldilocks on December 17, 2009 at 2:40 AM

Right. They should be gut-shot and kicked while they slowly die in agony.

Or perhaps I’m being too kind.

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on December 17, 2009 at 1:56 PM

baldilocks on December 17, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Thanks for the clarification, Baldi! That makes sense. I think I’ve heard of at least one U.S. resident alien who became a citizen while serving in the Air Force, but I think he was enlisted.

Mary in LA on December 17, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Plus, West pulls no punches. You know exactly what you’re getting.

Palin/West 2012!!!

darwin on December 17, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Yup…we found our ticket…2012…..:lol I really hope so!!!

dec5 on December 17, 2009 at 2:53 PM

This Man is the real deal a true conservative with traditional American values .He is not a black,white,brown,yellow or red man.He is a MAN plain and simple.

thmcbb on December 17, 2009 at 3:12 PM

It is so easy to fool people with a few “lower taxes”, “personal responsibility” , “small government” platitudes. He certainly has gone to the Sarah Palin, K Street GOP Think Tank school of “how to fool Republicans into voting for you and sell a lot of books”.

Don’t be fooled, minorities of any type do not have a place in the rigid, ideological, lack of solutions GOP.

West along with every other Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck are good at whining and complaining about Liberals and Democrats but offer no real solutions or new ideas outside of “Lower Taxes”. If the GOP is indeed successful in 2010 and 2012 the intellectual void that exists in the party will quickly become apparent and then the pendulum will swing back toward the Democrats.

It is a endless cycle of political back and forth created by the think tanks on K Street in Washington DC who probably sit next to each other in the same office buildings. The difference is that the GOP cubicles have one idea, “Lower taxes” whereas the Democrat side tries to paint itself as more sensitive to poor people. The only winner are the K Street lobbyists who enjoy their $100 martini lunches at the expense of the public who is only interested in seeing their “team” win.

Decider on December 17, 2009 at 4:07 PM

I’m trying to decide if Lt. Col. West is standing in for Nathan Hale or Patrick Henry. Any thoughts?

Blacksmith8 on December 17, 2009 at 4:35 PM

2012 candidates:

Allen West
Thaddeus McCotter
Marco Rubio
Sarah Palin

Shaping up nicely.

modifiedcontent on December 17, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Excuse me, sir. You have failed to include Ted Cruz and Mark Williams.

Blacksmith8 on December 17, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Decider on December 17, 2009 at 1:19 AM

You are a special kind of stupid, aren’t you?

- You just referred to Lt. Col. West as “a Magic Negro”, but it’s not clear whom you are quoting. Limbaugh?

- You obviously know less than nothing about Limbaugh, or about the story that led him to play the satirical “Puff” song about Obama on his show. (Ignorance is apparently a virtual for some liberals).

- And your illiterate “Limbaugh is well known racist” epithet is really special. Clarence Thomas will be shocked to find out his friend is a racist.

Jaibones on December 17, 2009 at 5:10 PM

“Lieutenant Colonel Allen West fled the Plantation and found the Underground Railroad that is American Conservativism. It led him to liberty and prosperity. Democrats hate runaway slaves.

Holger on December 17, 2009 at 11:24 AM”

Holger, West was always a free man. Listen to what he says: his parents taught him self-reliance from young.

SilentWatcher on December 17, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Hooooaaaahhhhhh!

Kick ass, Col. West.

BottomLine5 on December 17, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Decider

You ignorant slut, the Magic Negro bit was created by a gay, left-wing blogger in an L.A. Times article. I read the original, did you loud-mouth?

Rush was making fun of RACIST LIBERALS, which includes just about all of them including you most likely.

As for Lt. Co. West & Mr. Limbaugh… LTC West is a Marine officer of some fame running in Rush’s own district. Limbaugh’s a big donor to and a Director of the Marine Corp Law Enforcement Fund as well as a member of West’s political party. I’d imagine the Colonel knocked on that door long ago.

You don’t have the facts and you don’t make sense.

rcl on December 17, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Parts of the video actually made me weep.

long_cat on December 18, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Lest we forget!

The case stems from an incident August 20 [2003] at a military base in Taji, just north of Baghdad, when West was interrogating an Iraqi policeman, who was believed to have information about a plot to assassinate West with an ambush on a U.S. convoy.

In testimony at an Article 32 hearing… West said the policeman, Yahya Jhrodi Hamoody, was not cooperating with interrogators…West said he also threatened to kill Hamoody. Military prosecutors say West followed up on that threat by taking the suspect outside, put him on the ground near a weapons clearing barrel and fired his 9 mm pistol into the barrel.

Apparently not knowing where West’s gun was aimed, Hamoody cracked and gave information about the planned ambush on West’s convoy, thwarting the attack. West said there were no further ambushes on U.S. forces in Taji until he was relieved of his leadership post on October 4.

…Asked if he would have act differently if under similar circumstances again, West testified, “If it’s about the lives of my soldiers at stake, I’d go through hell with a gasoline can.”

Ah geez, couldn’t the LTC just put a “caterpillar” in the Iraqi’s bedroll…? This over-prosecutorial leftist crap from the JAG corps, whilst warfighters are engaged in combat ops, will be the death of many more American fighting men and women, as well as the death of our troopers morale.

Hand salute to LTC West! Will do what I can to support you, and your candidacy — you’ve earned it, the hardway!

“Let’s Roll”