Planned Parenthood: “That’s not a baby growing inside of you”

posted at 2:20 pm on December 9, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Live Action has a new series of videos that launches today called the Rosa Acuna Project. Their new effort aims to expose manipulation by Planned Parenthood counselors intended to pressure women into having abortions, or at the very least, provide dishonest information to support false rationalizations for the procedure. In this clip from the Appleton, Wisconsin clinic, a counselor tells the woman that what’s growing inside her uterus isn’t a baby at all, or “anything like that” — and the doctor agrees:

In the undercover video, when the two women ask a Planned Parenthood counselor if the pregnant woman’s 10-week-old unborn child has a heartbeat, the counselor emphasizes “heart tones,” and answers, “Heart beat is when the fetus is active in the uterus–can survive–which is about seventeen or eighteen weeks.” On the contrary, embryologists agree that the heartbeat begins around 3 weeks. Wisconsin informed consent law requires that women receive medically accurate information before undergoing an abortion.

The counselor then says, “A fetus is what’s in the uterus right now. That is not a baby.” Dr. Polhaska, the abortion doctor, insists, “It’s not a baby at this stage or anything like that.” Polhaska also states that having an abortion will be “much safer than having a baby,” warning, “You know, women die having babies.” …

The investigation is organized by Live Action, a nonprofit student group. Lila Rose, the 21-year-old UCLA student and Live Action president, says medical lies and manipulative counseling are routine at Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion chain.

“They will do or say anything in order to sell more abortions to more women, whether it is covering up sexual abuse or lying to women about medical facts,” says Rose. “Our team has visited dozens of Planned Parenthood clinics undercover. Planned Parenthood, while claiming to support patient self-determination, operates with an ‘abortion-first mentality.’”

The explanation of “heart tones” is particularly dishonest. The counselor says it can’t be a heartbeat because the baby clump of cells isn’t viable, but that it becomes a heartbeat at 17-18 weeks.  But a child isn’t viable at that point, either.  It does come closer to corresponding with the legal limitations of Planned Parenthood’s abortion services, however.

As for a fetus not being “anything like” a baby, well, that’s hardly a shocking statement coming from PP, but it does demonstrate the depths of deception to which they’re prepared to plunge to rake in that abortion cash.  Of course it’s a baby growing inside of the uterus, one with its own DNA and independent biological functions that start within minutes of conception.  Unlike global warming, the science on human reproduction actually is settled.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Abortion – Because You’re Worth It.

Track-A-’Crat on December 9, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Abortion for Profit.
Genocide for Profit.

EUGENICARE, it’s what’s for supper.

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 3:25 PM

I’m pretty sure that wasn’t “Breath of Heaven” playing in the background of the exam room.

Trusser13 on December 9, 2009 at 3:25 PM

The counselor says it can’t be a heartbeat because the baby clump of cells isn’t viable…

So people with pacemakers or who are on life support… are not really people.

mankai on December 9, 2009 at 3:25 PM

closetgop on December 9, 2009 at 3:20 PM

I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but honestly I understand the position of someone who is sold out pro-choice more than I understand a position such as yours. Again, not being hostile, but if you are convinced that the unborn is indeed a baby what, outside of the life of the mother, possible justification could a mother have for killing her child?

Renae on December 9, 2009 at 3:26 PM

What’s particularly galling about this is the fact that many liberals — who apparently believe that businesses exist primarily to mislead customers and pressure them into a sale — still defend Planned Parenthood… even after they’ve now been exposed as liars and frauds who mislead their clients and pressure them to make a sale.

Paul_in_NJ on December 9, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Um, hello? I’ve been preggers & at NO TIME was my daughter NOT ALIVE, or NOT A BABY before her birth.

Libs think they are so enlightened, but they have simply become subhuman monsters. To believe that a fetus is magically “not a baby” at one point in a pregnancy, then to believe it morphs into a living being at another point is implausible. And they know it. They know it is evil; they are okay with evil. They hate their own babies, their own grand-babies. They hate themselves.

Ris4victory on December 9, 2009 at 3:31 PM

So people with pacemakers or who are on life support… are not really people.

mankai on December 9, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Coming to a euthenasia site near you!

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 3:32 PM

And I’m STILL waiting for libs like Grow Fins, simplesimon crr6, and all of their ilk to tell me WHY I was better off aborting my children.

Where are all you liberals? I want more of you! Gimme some!

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Polhaska, this clown needs to change his name to Dr. Joseph Mengele. I bet this goose stepping idiot saves the un-born children in jars to do “experimentation” for “der fuhrer”!

Confederate on December 9, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Liam = fired-up! It must be that parental instinct. You will only hear the crickets coming from crr6 and his/her ilk on this thread… They are cowards!

Hunt035 on December 9, 2009 at 3:37 PM

warning, “You know, women die having babies.” …

Right, to save the human race we must stop all women from the risk of having babies. In a few decades the death rate will drop to nothing if we can do this…

Oh wait, I may have overlooked something in this plan.

gekkobear on December 9, 2009 at 3:38 PM

The entire Roe v Wade case was brought and litigated upon a huge lie. Just ask Norma “Roe” McCorvey herself. Democrats have built themselves a pyramid of lies and filled it with the Womens’ Vote. Buried underneath that pyramid, safely out of view, are the dead and dismembered bodies of millions of innocent boys and girls.

The Catholic Church had the power to stop the massacre in 1987. Instead they purposefully did nothing. Since that time, the Catholic Church has been the body most responsible for the continuation of the Great Atrocity. It is for a singular purpose that the Church diverts its members to an endless list of fake Democrat Party issues: Social Justice, opposition to war, illegal immigration, etc. etc., and that purpose is to prop up and shill for the Party of Death.

jay12 on December 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM

They are cowards!

Hunt035 on December 9, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I’m sure one of them will come out with one of the more predictable responses:

1. “All you cons just want women barefoot and pregnant all the time!”
2. “You cons don’t care what happens to the kids after they’re born!”
3. “Hands off my uterus!”

Etc., ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

Only a matter of time.

TheUnrepentantGeek on December 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Renae on December 9, 2009 at 3:26 PM

You are absolutely correct. If it is a matter of saving the life of the mother, then it is as if the baby fetus is an attacker attempting to kill the mother. In that circumstance the baby can be treated just like a mugger in the “outside world” and it would be considered “self defense”. For any other reason, it would be like killing someone who has already been born.

Of course, for me, this is religion based logic.

sabbahillel on December 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM

When you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas and when you listen to libs you hear lies. And they prey on the most vulnerable among us.

snaggletoothie on December 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Seriously…what in the hell is wrong with these people???

BigWyo on December 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Hunt035 on December 9, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I know.

I used to be a lib. But, as it’s said, ain’t nothing worse than a reformed smoker.

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Do they it only becomes a baby when air hits it?

Oink on December 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM

closetgop on December 9, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Wow, you sound INCREDIBLY confused! So, you respect the LEGALITY of thisgastly process – what about the MORALITY of it? Hopefully you will come to the realization that the two sides of this issue CANNOT be reconcilled; contrary to pop culture, there are some issues, like murder, that truly are black and white – you’re either right or your wrong. I must say that you’re wrong here! I will pray for you…

rhbandsp on December 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM

“That’s not a baby growing inside of you”

…you were just stung by a male penis and it’s simply a welt caused by carnal penetration.

Wyznowski on December 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM

This topic pains my heart and makes me want to cry. Just when we think that humans have reached the end of the evil meter, something like this comes along to remind us all that we have not even come close.

How can human beings be classified as the most intelligent beings on Earth, when some intellectual (using that term very loosely) is allowed to define a baby as not really being a baby!

God bless all you posters that have shared your stories about this issue. Children are truly a blessing and not a burden. The two that my wife are blessed with bring us joy that can never be measured and a high that no drug could ever duplicate.

rukiddingme on December 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Seriously…what in the hell is wrong with these people???

BigWyo on December 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM

EVERYTHING!

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Track-A-’Crat nailed it deader than a door nail.

Every ad today abuses the narcissist’s mantra ‘I deserve whatever I want’ to promote the product at someone else’s expense. I deserve my whims, because I’m worth it, no matter the cost, and I’ll never pay my credit debt.

Give it to me now, daddy! vs. Pure imagination.

/trivia, Amadeus was not Rocky Baby.

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 3:42 PM

turfmann on December 9, 2009 at 3:14 PM

You missed the point of the discussion about informed consent. Abortion (while generally safe) does sometimes result in injury or death. This “doctor” warned that women sometimes die from having a baby, apparently without mentioning risks of the abortion procedure.

Simply wrong.

cs89 on December 9, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Ris4victory on December 9, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Yes, in a nutshell. Well said. They don’t like the rest of us and want us either dead or slaving for them.

darwin on December 9, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Do they [think] it only becomes a baby when air hits it?

Oink on December 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM

That’s still not enough for Obama to acknowledge survival of the fittest human life following a botched abortion.

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 3:44 PM

My former sister-in-law had multiple abortions of the ‘safe and legal’ kind. Now she can’t have babies of her own and wants one soooo bad.

A correlation, maybe?

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 3:45 PM

If you have ever had morning sickness or early contractions, you know it is a baby in there.

rockmom on December 9, 2009 at 3:45 PM

gekkobear on December 9, 2009 at 3:38 PM

You know, people die waking up in the morning.

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 3:46 PM

My former sister-in-law had multiple abortions of the ’safe and legal’ kind. Now she can’t have babies of her own and wants one soooo bad.

A correlation, maybe?

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Of course, but that’s something else Planned Parenthood won’t tell you. You can’t have your uterus scraped out multiple times and then think it won’t have any scars.

rockmom on December 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM

They’re lying to themselves at least as much as they are to everyone else.

Serial killers always do that. There is no possible way to justify what they are doing to an innocent human being solely for their own personal gratification. So instead, they have to rationalize that their victims aren’t really alive.

Remember in the movie Silence of the Lambs? “It puts on the lotion; It does what it‘s told…”

Same thing.

logis on December 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Do they [think] it only becomes a baby when air hits it?

Oink on December 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM

It becomes a baby when a lib chooses to believe it is.

Like with AGW, facts are subject to belief.

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM

rockmom on December 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I know, hon.

Sad all those libs don’t know what you know.

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Forty weeks?

Should we start calling some babies “prematurely born fetuses” now?

What an idiot.

Ryan Anthony on December 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM

And where are all my lib challengers?

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM

So people with pacemakers or who are on life support… are not really people.

mankai on December 9, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Coming to a euthenasia site near you!

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 3:32 PM

EugeniCare, the one gift fits all in time for the holiday.

You know Obama sees himself as Woodrow Wilson who called on America to cancel Christmas during his chosen war campaign.

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 3:52 PM

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Obowma isn’t really relevant any more. He’s just a House N**ro to the Dem Congress.

He ain’t no thing, nothin’ more than a chicken wing at this point.

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Like with AGW, facts are subject to belief.

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Scientism does not accept empirical science. The dogma of scientism does not accept facts that of themselves are open to scrutiny, nor does it accept the existence of creative consciousness.

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

LIAM – a story for you~~

My daughter’s biological father immediately wanted an abortion; he flipped out his checkbook and said “how much?”. By the time I found out I was with child I was already 4 months along. I pictured my baby free-floating inside me, maybe the size of a pea, but perfectly shaped. I knew, even then, as a young, single girl making $5/hour that abortion was no option; this was my gift from God & my responsibility. I pegged him in the head with a big glass ashtray and kicked him out of our apartment that day. She is 18 now and in college (freshman).

Her birth father has never once met her or seen her. SUB HUMAN, headed to hell.

Ris4victory on December 9, 2009 at 3:56 PM

40 years? Was he performing abortions before 1973?

Rose on December 9, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Ris4victory on December 9, 2009 at 3:56 PM

God stay with you always!

When my wife first said she might be pregnant, I said we don’t have the money so she should abort. When she confirmed she was pregnant, I went all-out to be a father.

Eighteen months later, my daughter was born, too. Today is her 28th birthday. She is my baby, and her older brother is the best man I have ever known.

Both are married, in college again, and parents in their own right.

I might have had it easier(?) had I killed them, but I swear without question not killing them is the best thing I ever did. I’d be a poor man without my precious son and my beloved daughter.

And I have two perfect and precious granddaughters!

Had I murdered my children, I’d be a destitute man.

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Too kind, maverick muse.

If you say enough, you’ll strike gold sooner or later.

Although Barry and Biden are testing that theory to breaking point…

Track-A-'Crat on December 9, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Obowma isn’t really relevant any more.
Liam on December 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

You sound ignorant.

Tell that to the tax man. Tell that to your doctor when EugeniCare gets passed. Tell that to your bank when you ask for a loan. Tell that to foreign interests dumping our dollar because of Obama’s destructive incompetence. Tell that to our businesses tanking with Obama’s “irrelevance” as you put it. Tell it to the FBI who arrest you for defamation of Obama’s character. Tell it to the judge and jury who discriminate against you for not being especially PC as laws have been interpreted against your specific standing under the law, you being below “special” people.

And don’t include a racial slur in conversation with me.

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Simply disgusting. I weep for the human race.

Red Cloud on December 9, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Track-A-’Crat on December 9, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Fools Gold comes easy for Democrats. It won’t save the day.

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 4:08 PM

It also shows that “safeguards” written into bills of any time are not worth the paper they are printed on–they just include the worthless safeguards to give cover to the legislators who vote for them.

PattyJ on December 9, 2009 at 4:10 PM

This is where the normally sane and reasonable fiscal conservative hawks lose thier minds- abortion. You’re so quick to scough at anyone that attempts to deal with the issue technically in an effort to bring clarity yet when the shoe is on the other foot, you’re pissed that the lefties choose socialism even after the clarity brought by simple and relatively technical economic facts in reality.

tsk tsk. Allright so, let’s not call it a fetus. How ’bout this- a potential individual. What is concieved in momma’s belly is at most a potential individual. Now do you see why there is no crime in abortion? Rights are for ACTUAL individuals. Hate abortion all you want. Advocate against it. Just keep the government out of it.

beselfish on December 9, 2009 at 4:12 PM

I have long said the biggest threat to the abortion industry is the ultrasound.

tarpon on December 9, 2009 at 4:12 PM

rationalize that their victims aren’t really alive.

Remember in the movie Silence of the Lambs? “It puts on the lotion; It does what it’s told…”

Same thing.

logis on December 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM

EugeniCare Let me come in–The Shining

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 4:14 PM

You sound ignorant.

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Actually, you little pipsqueak lib who tries coming across as conservative, I’m less ignorant than you want to believe.

And what ‘racial slur’ did I use, you presumptious lib-in-hiding?

I was clear. But you, in your lib ratfuck ideology as you keep hiding being a Con like me, didn’t get that.

Let me explain to you, self-believing genius:

Obowma is irrelevant in history. The Dem CONGRESS, Mr pompous self-righteous genius, is what is at work and doing shit to us. Your precious Obowma merely signs off on what your liberal Dem friends in Congress are doing to us.

You got my point?

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Science pretty much demonstrates the fact of life very soon after conception. After looking at the tapes of the sonograms taken during the pregnancies of my oldest two daughters, I can’t imagine how this evidence is not conclusive to everyone. Whether or not abortion should be legal or illegal is a matter of opinion. Whether or not a “fetus” is alive is a matter of cold hard fact. Are you going to believe these idiots at Planned Parenthood or your lying eyes.

vnjagvet on December 9, 2009 at 4:19 PM

beselfish the Scoughsman

Your public education fails you. At least remember “i before e except after c” when you attempt to intimidate.

Keeping our government out of abortion is exactly what we agree upon, then.

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 4:20 PM

you little pipsqueak lib who tries coming across as conservative,

LOL

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 4:21 PM

LOL

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 4:21 PM

I take that as your answer to my post and the definitude of your allegations against me.

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 4:24 PM

damn, maverick, I spelled wrong again. Oh and regarding my public education, i graduated 31st in my class and never had to write a term paper- cool.

beselfish on December 9, 2009 at 4:25 PM

beselfish, Government does have a duty to protect the citizens and enact laws for the common good. I want better justification than “shut up and mind your own business” or “it’s not really a baby anyway”. What is the benefit to our society…?

mike_NC9 on December 9, 2009 at 4:27 PM

beselfish on December 9, 2009 at 4:12 PM

So – believing that life begins at conception and understanding that abortion is the government-sanctioned murder of another human makes those of us on this side of the argument insane and unreasonable????? I will add you to my prayer list as well…

rhbandsp on December 9, 2009 at 4:28 PM

I’m curious, maverick, where is the argument from intimidation in my post?

beselfish on December 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM

beselfish –

tsk tsk – my daughter was never a “potential individual”. She was an actual individual human, with a right to live, from the moment of conception. A society that condones killing its young for convenience is a broken society.

And please learn to spell before you try to preach to adults. (scoughing at you)

Ris4victory on December 9, 2009 at 4:31 PM

forget it maverick. rhbandsp revealed my intimidation tactic. I suppose “insane” is too strong a word.

beselfish on December 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I’m curious, maverick, where is the argument from intimidation in my post?

beselfish on December 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Libs always seek to besmirch or otherwise intimidate. They also browbeat, lie, and do all they can to stop opposition rather than confront it. That way, they can go home with a sense of validation, even if in their own limited minds.

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Ris4victory,

I’ll learn to spell if you can learn to see the very essential difference between a woman with a bump in her gut and the same woman nine months later when the bump is gone and she has an actual baby in here arms.

beselfish on December 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I worked in a clinic that did first trimester abortions. The first thing that happens is that the child is objectified by simply changing its name. Instead of a baby or a child, it is called a ‘product of conception’. When you write up the procedural docs after it’s all over, you report that chopped up baby as ‘product of conception was verified removed’.

The argument of freedom of choice is kind of ridiculous to me after what I’ve seen. People have the freedom to choose even if it’s wrong. What I don’t see argued by the pro choice side is the consequences of freedom of choice, the RESPONSIBILITY that comes with freedom of choice. I’ve seen that side of it, and I think you haven’t really seen sadness until you see a smirking little teenaged girl go into the procedure room and come out scarred for life. There are consequences to abortion and not just physical ones.

What bothers me the most about abortion is that we think we have the right to sacrifice other human beings on the altar of our own convenience. We bemoan our children shooting each other in the schools, the violence in the media, the violence of every day life, yet we insist on having the right to destroy the most vulnerable among us.

Just my not so humble opinion.

koz on December 9, 2009 at 4:36 PM

“And what ‘racial slur’ did I use, you presumptious lib-in-hiding?”

He’s just a House N**ro to the Dem Congress.

You brutalize a point, mashing it dull.

Your point is that Obama is irrelevant, that he holds no place in history. Your argument was unconvincing, though offensive.

I don’t see Obama as irrelevant so long as he holds office. His part in the radical movement is not irrelevant, nor is Pelosi’s or Reid’s or any other voter who enables them. And I already mentioned a few ways that most of us feel the constraints that Obama enables.

Think as you will. But never put words in my mouth. Neither of us are judge and jury. Even if you feel the need to attempt brute force on others, placating your own ego does not justify incorrect conclusions. It’s not my business to coerce your submission to my opinion.

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 4:39 PM

rhbandsp,

ok, forget I called you insane but certainly believing that [an actual individual exists] at conception and understanding that abortion is the government-sanctioned murder of another human makes you unreasonable (although, rhbandsp, you do sound like you’re at least on the edge of insanity. I’m just sayin’)

beselfish on December 9, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Unlike global warming, the science on human reproduction actually is settled.

I’m not sure the science on abortion is settled though. Maybe this is the beginning of Abortiongate.

mike_NC9 on December 9, 2009 at 4:40 PM

As for a fetus not being “anything like” a baby, well, that’s hardly a shocking statement coming from PP, but it does demonstrate the depths of deception to which they’re prepared to plunge to rake in that abortion cash. Of course it’s a baby growing inside of the uterus, one with its own DNA and independent biological functions that start within minutes of conception.

–He said it wasn’t a baby “at that stage” or anything like it. Technically, he’s correct. It is a fetus from a technical and medical/scientific perspective at that stage.

Jimbo3 on December 9, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 4:33 PM

That truth bears out with any brute, regardless of ideology.

Your dismissal of Obama as irrelevant in history serves as an example of failing to confront opposition by ignoring it. If Obama were merely a ghostly apparition, I would agree that dismissing the apparition steals its thunder.

But he, in all his radically allied power, holds the powers of the Oval Office to abuse according to his Marxist agenda.

Perhaps you get the point.

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Liam on December 9, 2009

I am an ex-smoker (50 cigs a day) but I reject the “reformed” label. I don’t feel reformed even though I quit around 30 years ago (cigs were about 50-60 cents a pack back then). I am more sensitive to cigarette smoke, especially when I’m eating, but I only got cranky about it if I was in a no smoking section (I guess now everywhere is a no smoking section – thank you nanny state). I have always tried to adhere to the point of view that there are a lot of bad habits, but one of the worst is being holier than thou. As for reformed libs…the ones I’ve met are among the least obnoxious people I know.

SKYFOX on December 9, 2009 at 4:49 PM

These medical ethics are what I would expect from an abortionist.

molonlabe28 on December 9, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Never doubt the existence of Satan. He lives and breathes inside these PP vermin, just as he did inside Hitler,

Stalin, Mao, and other tyrants and mass murderers.

If you can kill a baby, fetus or whatever you want to call them — or if you can harm a child, your soul has died and there is no evil you will be incapable of.

And you belong in Hell, for eternity.

TXUS on December 9, 2009 at 3:13 PM

–Sorry, TXUS, I am pro-choice but my soul has not died. You and your family will thankfully burn in Hell for all eternity because you misstake the Bible for your political purposes.

Burn baby burn.

Jimbo3 on December 9, 2009 at 4:53 PM

One theologian from the Episcopal church (there’s three words that don’t go together – theologian, Episcopal and church) called Tiller a saint. Polaska must be beatified or canonized ASAP.

Fuquay Steve on December 9, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Obowma isn’t really relevant any more.
Liam on December 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

You sound ignorant.

And don’t include a racial slur in conversation with me.
["He’s just a House N**ro to the Dem Congress."]
maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 4:15 PM
Liam on December 9, 2009 at 4:33 PM
maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 4:39 PM
maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Liam,
Who ducked and ran off leaving his mess behind?

A simple apology would suffice as you may have noted by now that we share more ideas in common than in basis we differ.

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 4:58 PM

And to prove it, we are not going to give you an ultrasound.

Spirit of 1776 on December 9, 2009 at 2:50 PM
Exactly, one only need listen to the wailing and gnashing of teeth from these people at the mere suggestion that an ultrasound be required to know all you need to know.

Informed choice my big toe

Renae on December 9, 2009 at 3:01 PM

To someone who kills innocent pre-born babies, lying about it is no problem at all. I sidewalk counseled for many years and can tell you many stories of abortionist lies and abuse.

As for ultrasound, the abortionists have a way around that too. If they do an ultrsound, they usually refuse to show it to the mother, even if requested. If they do show it, they show the screen where it is unreadable, one cannot tell what one is looking at. I recall the time I spoke to an expectant mother as she came out of the abortion mill just as I happened to be driving past; I was not sidewalk counseling that day. However, I stopped and spoke with her and she told me that she was six months pregnant (yes, MANY abortions are done in the second trimester by dilation and extraction. This is where the baby is dismembered while alive in the womb and pulled out in pieces. Don’t believe the lying media abortion backers – this is done all the time. Let’s remember that Doe v Bolton, the companion decision to Roe v Wade allows abortion through the ninth month in this country. And, with obama, his push is to kill any baby that survives an abortion.) She said she had an ultrasound photo with her that they had done in the clinic and she had a copy. I asked to see it and she showed it to me. An ultrasound of a six month preborn will be amazingly sharp – and look like the tiny person it is – hands, feet, toes, eyes, nose, etc.
The ultrasound she showed me was a blurred mess of nothing.
I asked her if the abortionists told her that this is what her baby looked like, a blurry nothing. She said yes. And, because she was eighteen and didn’t have much education, she believed them. I showed her photos in pamphlets I had which illlustrated the true nature of her baby’s development. She was speechless. Because she saw the truth she decided to have that baby, who now should be about 10 years old.

I had another encounter with a young lady who was about five months pregnant. I was sidewalk counseling on a Saturday, and she came out of the abortion mill. I hadn’t seen her go in, perhaps she had gone in before I had arrived. In any case, she told me that she was five months pregnant but had decided to keep the baby. I asked her if she had been there the day before. I did this because in a second trimester abortion, the abortionist inserts lamanaria, which are dried seaweed sticks into the birth canal. The water from the body makes the seaweed expand, which in turn dilates the birth canal. The seaweed stays in a day or two and then is removed so the larger baby can be aborted. (Many abortionists tell the mothers the lie that the seaweed cannot be removed, so don’t listen to the sidewalk counselors when they tell you it can.)Anyway, the young lady, I’ll call her Diane, told me that yes, she had the lamanaria put in the previous day, but at that moment, she was coming out of the clinic because she had told them to remove the lamanaria, because she was keeping the baby. She told me that was what was done. I told her I was not sure that they didn’t remove the lamanaria and also abort the baby. She couldn’t believe that could happen, but agreed to go with me to a pro-life doctor to get an ultrasound. Well, you guessed it. The doctor had to tell her that there was no baby in her womb. Diane had been lied to in furtherance of murdering her child without her knowledge. This is just another day at the office for an abortionist and those who work with them.

Abortionists, and those who back them, like Obama, are merciless killers. I will continue to say it:
If our anger at obama and his commie crew doesn’t include defense of the unborn, even before we defend our wallets, then we are going to lose, because the kind of evil that I have just desribed to you, and which obama thrives on, is inhuman, in fact it is straight from the pit of hell. We are in what is called a spiritual battle, and demons cannot be beaten by human means, but only human means joined to God’s power. And God’s power will be ours to defeat them all only if we put our unborn bretheren in first place. And correct me if I’m wrong, but I havn’t seen a sign or heard a voice speaking out for the pre-born, specifically, at any tea party or town hall.

And the easy thing to do is hate the haters like obama, but to stop the madness we have to pray and fast that they be converted, or if they will not leave their evil, then they must be utterly vanquished, because if they are not they will rampage across our nation with nothing less than total destruction “… first they came for the unborn…”

But, the news is not all bad. By the grace of God I have been able to save hundreds of babies from abortion, simply by being at the abortion mill and talking to the mothers AND the fathers, giving them alternatives and life saving information and caring what happens to the mother and baby.
The same can be said for many other pro-lifers who go out to the abortion mills and literally save lives. I would encourage all HA-heads to consider sidewalk counseling, it does not matter if you are male or female, young or old. So many of you are intelligent, well-spoken and have a heart to do some kind of work for God. Get in touch with your local pro-life groups and find out where you can learn to sidewalk counsel or if simply pray at the mill once a week or so. Your presence at the foot of the Cross makes all the difference. Lives are saved and hearts are converted. If you would care for more info, google Helpers of God’s Precious Infants or simply the words sidewalk counseling.

And be prepared to be amazed at God working miracles through you.

*steps down from soapbox*

tigerlily on December 9, 2009 at 5:03 PM

When I was in high school back in the 70′s, my best friend became pregnant under difficult circumstances. She agonized about what to do.

One afternoon we looked up in our Biology class textbook what a baby looked like in the womb in early pregnancy. When we saw the pictures it was the first time I realized it wasn’t a clump of cells as I had been taught in school but a real baby, from the first division of cells to the first breath outside the womb. Completely human, natural life, and real. That moment transformed how I viewed all of life. She wept on the floor. It was heartbreaking.

Sadly, she did get an abortion. I drove her to the clinic wishing she would change her mind but knowing deep within it was not my decision to make for her. I told her how I felt, but that was all I could do. I still carry guilt to this day for driving her. After the abortion she was never the same and our friendship became strained under the guilt both of us felt and the dark changes in her. The friendship never recovered.

These are the things abortion mills do not tell people. When they lie and don’t allow a girl or a woman to make an informed, educated, even spiritual decision it hurts society with consequences beyond physical. Abortion is not a medical procedure, it is a life changing event and should be treated as such if someone decides they wish to pursue it.

Carrying and bearing a child links each of us to each other as human beings. Take that experience and diminish it and you get what we have now – A society bereft of compassion and normalcy, right and wrong do not exist, and a government more interested in power and money, rather than its’ people.

Miss Molly on December 9, 2009 at 5:05 PM

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart…”

right2bright on December 9, 2009 at 5:17 PM

The whole idea of murdering babies is the deepest kind of poison to me……

Eighteen months later, my daughter was born, too. Today is her 28th birthday.

Liam
——————–

He ain’t no thing, nothin’ more than a chicken wing at this point.

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

———————————

You libs are nothing but hateful.

Liam on December 8, 2009 at 8:50 PM

————————————-
Libs are vile vermin, not only out to kill babies, but hungry for it.

Liam on December 8, 2009 at 8:51 PM
————

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 4:33 PM

–So we should listen to a hateful, bigoted, besmirching, old (apparently, given his name) Irish fart who was too stupid to use a rubber the second time around immediately after his wife gave birth? No thanks. I’ll listen to someone with more intelligence and credibility……like Barbara Boxer.

Jimbo3 on December 9, 2009 at 5:20 PM

We’ve been treated to a view of “scientific ethics” lately through ClimateGate, and now a fine look at “medical ethics.” Thank God we have such fine professional intellects to tell us what to think and believe.

evergreen on December 9, 2009 at 5:32 PM

tigerlily on December 9, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Thank you for doing what few do.

TimTebowSavesAmerica on December 9, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Liam,
Who ducked and ran off leaving his mess behind?

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 4:58 PM

Nice try again. I simply went out to eat befor the snowstorm comes.

I owe you no apologies, and if you dislike that, that’s your problem.

Cute–what you call a ‘racist slur’ on my part is basically the way the House Dems see him, as I call them on THEIR way.

Don’t like that? Too bad. It’s politics.

I may be right, I may be wrong. But that’s how I see it.

No, you and I have little in common.

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Jimbo3 on December 9, 2009 at 5:20 PM

I’m hateful against libs, that’s for sure. I never make any bones about that.

I guess it’s different for libs, that their brand of hate is to lump all conservatives into a box. You libs say that, because the KKK lynched people, all cons are KKK.

Tell us all, then, about your boy Robert Byrd. Real loving Klan recruiter, huh?

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 5:44 PM

I owe you no apologies, and if you dislike that, that’s your problem.–Liam on December 9, 2009 at 5:41 PM

No problem at all for me to note your limitations.

Your opinion matters not to me in any way.

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM

“That’s not a baby growing inside of you”

It,s a stik of celery!

royzer on December 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Jimbo3 on December 9, 2009 at 5:20 PM

BTW–I’m glad I didn’t use a rubber as you so eloquently said in your hateful post. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t have my precious daughter.

I don’t regret being a father twice; I didn’t complain. But you, being a lib, tried making me sound like I was complaining. Can’t sustain a lib argument? Assail a conservative in every way possible.

BTW, genius: my lineage is Scot.

How delightfully quaint a free-thinking liberal like you bears hate toward the Irish! How 19th Century!

Going by your own post, of course!

Now shut up and go murder some babies as you libs love doing. What’s your body count now? 45 million in America alone?

Your dad must be REAL proud of you!

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Your opinion matters not to me in any way.

maverick muse on December 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Then why did you demand an apology in the first place, then make this post to me I’m quoting?

You didn’t debate my points at all, at any time. Just making mention, mind you…

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 5:50 PM

… If this were a video about any other procedure besides abortion, it would be on the nightly news and everyone would be demanding that the doctor lose his license. The fact that people think this is o.k. because it’s abortion instead of a tonsillectomy or a tummy tuck is ridiculous.

JadeNYU on December 9, 2009 at 3:05 PM

That is an excellent observation, JadeNYU!

Have you noticed that people become outraged at displays of aborted embryos and fetuses, yet they applaud those who show soldiers killed in war, abused animals, etc.?

The not really anti-violence anti-war liars push their nasty agenda and get applause for “caring” and other nonsense.

The environmentalists and animal rights extremists are praised for their “saintly” advocacy.

Abortion opponents are demonized, while abortion advocates are the salt-of-the-earth saints who love women, love children – even though they are cheer leaders for slaughtering them via induced abortions.

It is absurd!

Show an abused animal? Get applause.

Show a butchered by abortion baby? Get demonized.

Makes perfect sense, doesn’t it?

(No. Not really!)

William2006 on December 9, 2009 at 5:51 PM

I’m hateful against libs, that’s for sure. I never make any bones about that.

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 5:44 PM

You libs are nothing but hateful.

Liam on December 8, 2009 at 8:50 PM

————————————-
Libs are vile vermin, not only out to kill babies, but hungry for it.

Liam on December 8, 2009 at 8:51 PM

–Right, not like you would ever lump all conservatives in a box, Liam. ]

–I am Irish. Liam is traditionally an Irish name, so I thought you were one. And my father is dead, but I’m sure he would be proud of me.

Jimbo3 on December 9, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Its a crime that Planned Parenthood gets $350 million taxpayer dollars from local and federal govs.

tommer74 on December 9, 2009 at 6:06 PM

“That’s not a baby growing inside of you. It’s a (insert “ADJECTIVE” then “PRONOUN”)

Rod on December 9, 2009 at 6:06 PM

–Right, not like you would ever lump all conservatives in a box, Liam.

Jimbo3 on December 9, 2009 at 6:03 PM

–Oops. Meant to say “it’s not like you would lump all moderates/liberals in a box”.

Jimbo3 on December 9, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Right, not like you would ever lump all conservatives in a box, Liam. ]

Jimbo3 on December 9, 2009 at 6:03 PM

I don’t. Your assumption falls a bit flat there. But you won’t grasp that. You have already judged me, and that’s fair. I have judged you, too.

Fair enough?

Now go kill some babies like your Congresswoman Boxer is trying so hard to do as often as she can.

I rather keep babies alive, if you don’t mind.

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Jimbo3 on December 9, 2009 at 6:14 PM

I do the same with you libs as you baby-killers do to Cons like me. Turnabout is fair play, after all.

Except I have two boxes:

Libs.

Moderates (who are libs but too cowardly to admit they’re libs)

Liam on December 9, 2009 at 6:17 PM