Alan Grayson to Cheney: “STFU”

posted at 8:15 pm on December 9, 2009 by Allahpundit

Just what the doctor ordered to boost Congress’s collapsing public image. My position on this guy’s nutroots vaudeville routine is unchanged from the last time I wrote about him, when he called the GOP enemies of America: I don’t take him seriously enough to be offended by what he says, but his bon mots have to be flagged anyway for point-scoring purposes. For example, the post accompanying this clip at TPM giggles merrily at Grayson’s “signature wit” even though (a) recycling a 15-year-old Internet acronym for lowest-common-denominator shock value is neither witty nor signature, and (b) TPM would surely have had itself a politically calculated fainting spell had Eric Cantor resorted to something as mildly outré as a “second base” analogy of the sort Grayson indulges in here. But fine. We’re playing the faux outrage game and this is certainly worthy of faux outrage, so put another point on the board.

One question for Grayson, though. If Joe Wilson’s “you lie” was the political equivalent of a belch, what’s the equivalent of “STFU”? A fart?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Leaping onto the banquet table, dropping trou, and making a splash in the punchbowl.

Jim Treacher on December 9, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Its funny how the Left constantly whined that Bush had no diplomatic manners but they harp on the stupid Saudi greeting.

Speedwagon82 on December 9, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Flush!

RobCon on December 9, 2009 at 9:54 PM

and they have much more power within the conservative movement than Grayson does among liberals. crr6 on December 9, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Yep Pelosi and Reid have no power. None at all. You are truly a dimwit. CWforFreedom on December 9, 2009 at 8:51 PM

And may I submit additional crazies Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson, Barbara “Call me Senator” Boxer, and Cynthia McKinney.

LASue on December 9, 2009 at 9:56 PM

I look forward to the day when he can join Cynthia McKinney on the freak show circuit.

RobCon on December 9, 2009 at 9:57 PM

So you’re saying that outlets like Fox News and Rush Limbaugh are so magnetic and charismatic, they win over both sides? I agree!

MadisonConservative on December 9, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Well the obvious point was that a big reason why “conservative media” (FNC, Rush Limbaugh) is much more popular than “liberal media” (MSNBC, Air America) is because lemmings like you enjoy hearing their own views reinforced, over and over again.

Palin never is as boorish or crass as Greyson, so your comparison is mind-boggling.

She basically said Obama’s health care policy will kill her Down’s Syndrome child. Calling that “crass” or “boorish” would be an understatement.

Bachmann is very outspoken, you have a point…however once again, her tenor has never gone as far as this douchebag.

Well you would think that. Because you’re a random wingnut. And in the wingnut universe Michelle Bachmann=”Outspoken” and Alan Grayson is the greatest threat to American political discourse the nation has ever known. Seriously, get outside of your bubble man. You don’t seem to realize it, but the constant barrage of wingnuttery has really taken a toll on your conception of reality.

crr6 on December 9, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Straight from the moron wing of the democrat party…..

n0doz on December 9, 2009 at 10:04 PM

State of perpetual stupidity. Large librul population.

jdkchem on December 9, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Scuze me, jd, we’re still a red state. Next election will bear that out. This fat sack of crap only got in on hopey changey. Like my congresscritter, Suzanne Kosmos. I can pretty much assure you they’re both gone in 2010.
My district is heavily conservative, and if it wasn’t for the fact that McLame was the candidate, neither of these two clowns’d be there right now.
Lots of people stayed home and a lot of stupid children voted for the first time. Straight filth-o-crat ticket, I’m sure.

Lanceman on December 9, 2009 at 10:06 PM

crr6 on December 9, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Says the wet behind the ears kid in law school. Nope, no echo chambers or bubbles in law school.

venividivici on December 9, 2009 at 10:12 PM

It’s so obvious that Greyson is mentally handicapped. I think it’s wrong to even talk about him when he does these things. If the people of Orlando, Fla feel he represents them appropriately then let’s just leave it at that.

BrideOfRove on December 9, 2009 at 10:12 PM

She basically said…

crr6 on December 9, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Bingo. Instead of using her actual words, you summarize and editorialize. You don’t have to do that with Greyson. He pours unadulterated bile right from the freshly-popped can.

MadisonConservative on December 9, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Nobody really watches this show. It’s a safe place to be tacky.

AnninCA on December 9, 2009 at 8:43 PM

This dolt isn’t tacky, he’s using up oxygen like an unmuzzled attack dog. Actually he’s about as bright as an attack dog.

belad on December 9, 2009 at 10:13 PM

crr6 on December 9, 2009 at 10:02 PM

When the alternative is someone like Olbermann, who rarely invites Republicans on his show, and almost never invites conservatives, what do you expect? Even though I despise O’Reilly, he brings on guests of every stripe. Hannity does that on his even-too-partisan-for-me show, as well.

MadisonConservative on December 9, 2009 at 10:15 PM

crr6 is having a very bad day. Enjoy!

Jim Treacher on December 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Grayson has become the goto guy when lefty commentators want crude commentary. Grayson’s act is getting old, what will lefties do if he’s defeated next year? More interesting is Chrissy Matthews obsession with Cheney, Palin and Fox news. He was clearly disturbed that Cheney dared to say on Fox news what a lot of people are saying privately.

Hera on December 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Well you would think that. Because you’re a random wingnut.

crr6 on December 9, 2009 at 10:02 PM

And you’re insulting someone who’s been having a civil discussion with you, so kindly go stick a fork in a power outlet and hang on tight.

MadisonConservative on December 9, 2009 at 10:18 PM

belad on December 9, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Wrong metaphor. He is spewing excess carbon dioxide like a belching volcano. Somebody should indict him for crimes against the environment.

chemman on December 9, 2009 at 10:20 PM

crr6 is having a very bad day. Enjoy!

Jim Treacher on December 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Could you be more specific?

AUINSC on December 9, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Never have i wanted to punch someone, straight in the face, as much as I do Grayson.

ToddonCapeCod on December 9, 2009 at 11:10 PM

CCR I don’t agree that you are a liberal at all. I believe sincerely that you are a total leftist that desires that the alternate and dissenting views be shut down. Your beloved media nightly is so biased to your viewpoint plus the hollywood crowd. Your major news magazines also support your viewpoint so it seems you don’t agree with Hillary on having a disenting opinion. True liberals always invite all views while their leftists counterparts desire to shut it down.

garydt on December 9, 2009 at 11:11 PM

I wish I could tell you that the GOP had its act together here in Central FL re: a viable 2010 challenger for this turd. If he’s going to get the boot, it’s going to have to come from a Tea Party candidate.

Purple Fury on December 9, 2009 at 11:13 PM

That guy is just crazy. I mean, if he never opened his mouth I could still tell. Crazy people tend to have a look about them.

Oink on December 9, 2009 at 11:14 PM

My 16-year-old is more eloquent than that.

Common Sense on December 9, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Just as long as Cheney keeps going for the jugular, they can cry as much as they want. Tell Obama to STFU first, he keeps telling lies and expecting them not to defend themselves.

scotash on December 9, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Grayson, STFU n00b.

At least say it right dude, that’s just embarrassing.

Ingenue on December 10, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Is it me, or does Grayson look slightly…retarded?

And yes, I’m dead serious.

As for me, I’d rather kick that pudgy little shit Chris Matthews in the teeth.

Grayson is too stupid to excerpt any of my energy.

You-Eh-Vee on December 10, 2009 at 12:18 AM

This guy has to be kin to hitler, all that stupidity and ignorance, not to mention the family resemblance!

christene on December 10, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Alan Grayson = epic fail

ROFLMAO

Paco on December 10, 2009 at 12:54 AM

I find Grayson very offensive, not so much for what he says, but for the fact he looks like a Muppet that got caught in a house fire.

I can’t wait till the ads against him come out next year, hell I’ll help create them if need be.

Rbastid on December 10, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Two sub-simian chimps throwing feces at each other… Backspace, deleted.

Claypigeon on December 10, 2009 at 1:15 AM

This guy has to be kin to hitle

Classy. I believe Grayson is Jewish.

crr6 on December 10, 2009 at 1:42 AM

This Grayson dude is a certified, card-carrying a$$hole.

Dopenstrange on December 10, 2009 at 2:01 AM

crr6 on December 9, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Threat to American political discourse?

Nawww

He’s on par with that intellectual giant Maxine Waters.

DSchoen on December 10, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Two very small men who need to be shown the door.

yoda on December 10, 2009 at 6:26 AM

I think it’s the equivalent of projectile diahrreah.

olesparkie on December 10, 2009 at 7:25 AM

Grayson is a desperate, vile little turd.

One of many that needs to be flushed next November.

Enjoy it while it lasts, douchenozzle.

Pride goeth before the fall.

Good Lt on December 10, 2009 at 7:43 AM

I applaud Grayson’s campaign for conservatives. I hope that he keeps it up. He’s way too late with his circus act. A couple of years ago it may have served him well. Now, he just comes across as a lunatic.

I live in his district and can’t wait to throw his arse out next November.

orlandocajun on December 10, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Poor guy’s decompensating right in front of everybody. Sad to see, really.

DrSteve on December 10, 2009 at 8:38 AM

It’s really sad to see a politician resort to a “mudslide

J_Crater on December 10, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Grayson doesn’t care about getting reelected. He’s auditioning for being the guest stand-in for Olberman, when Olberman is sick or on vacation.

belad on December 10, 2009 at 9:37 AM

That dialogue was straight out of the Muppet Show…

STATLER: Boy, that Cheney sure is a jerk!
WALDORF: Yeah, he should STFU!
STATLER: Eh?
WALDORF: Ess.Tee.Eff.Yoo.
STATLER: Gimme the first part.
WALDORF: Shut.
STATLER: Shut…ah OH HO HO HO HO

Chris_Balsz on December 10, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Grayson: “Delusions of relevance, I has dem.”

ZK on December 10, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Doesn’t TPM have White House press credentials now and are also part of the press pool?
What a horrible choice.

OxyCon on December 10, 2009 at 11:23 AM

I think the guy is a bit of a nut, but if you are going to attack him for a Harvard Law Degree and PhD, you better be prepared to throw down a resume printed in gold ink. So far I don’t even see something that came out of a box of Cracker Jacks.

JohnGalt23 on December 9, 2009 at 9:44 PM

And what has he actually done other than be an offensive twit?

Cheney started serving in politics when that idiot was in middle school – seems to me like he is the one that needs to STFU and listen to more experienced people.

katiejane on December 10, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Well you neocons need to know Cheney IS A MEMBER OF THE COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS! AND PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME IT DOESN’T EXIST…BECAUSE IT DOES!

BobAnthony on December 10, 2009 at 1:25 PM

And what has he actually done other than be an offensive twit?

If being an offensive twit means supporting Ron Paul’s HR1207, then the neocons are the twits for still supporting these criminal offshore bankers who have robbed us to the tune of nearly 30 TRILLION DOLLARS!!!!!

BobAnthony on December 10, 2009 at 1:30 PM

This guy is a hairlip dildo but it’s good that he stays in front of the camera. It only helps the right. Keep yappin’ snaggle puss….lol.

pageram on December 10, 2009 at 7:49 PM