Video: Jon Stewart joins the Tea Party

posted at 6:38 pm on December 8, 2009 by Allahpundit

A palate cleanser via Media Blog. The headline’s a goof, of course; this is more like a halting first step towards joining. Phase one: Marveling at the Democrats’ indifference towards the deficit. Phase two: Noticing that Obama’s “jobs created or saved” metric is self-serving garbage. Phase three: Wondering if, perhaps, universal health care might cost a bit more over time than our “budget conscious” leaders are letting on. Phase four: Feeling annoyed by cheap rhetorical devices that used to seem high-minded or “post-partisan.” Phase five: Religiously watching Glenn Beck.

Judging by his “jobs” joke here, I’d say he’s already well on his way to phase two. Content warning.

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c
American Idle
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political Humor Health Care Crisis

Comments

No thanks. His teabag has shrunk.

RobCon on December 8, 2009 at 6:40 PM

J.S. watching Glenn Beck? Could happen, but that doesn’t make him have a large teabag, it just means he has cable.

upinak on December 8, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Jon, come to the dark the side!!! Darth Vader (i.e. Dick Cheney) is waiting for you!

terryannonline on December 8, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Jon Stewart’s just a hag for ratings. It’s called “Being trendy”. Like SNL, ratings matter and when it’s noticed that they’re going for laughs at the expense of what used to be their viewers, they start feigning opinions of the other kind.

Stewart’s an opportunist. One of the primary reasons I’ve never found him “funny”.

Lourdes on December 8, 2009 at 6:45 PM

ohhh my first SNL now Stewart….

alexraye on December 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM

…*weatherization*…..

Funny–that’s now three times Stewart has made me laugh. I may now have to watch him sometime.

ted c on December 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM

So anytime Stewart makes a lame joke about Obama he gets links? I can make better jokes than that about this pathetic administration.

I swear, it seems like half the links on Hot Air are to the NY Times, WaPo, the Daily Show, and other ultra-lefty liberals.

JohnJ on December 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM

is *weatherization* the cash for caulkers that I’ve heard about?

–stupid— idea…

ted c on December 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Speaking of V.P. Cheney, is everyone aware he will be on Hannity’s show tonight. Will this be the only person Mr. Hannity doesn’t list all his talking points before finally getting to a question? I don’t think so either. Making my plea ahead of time. Shut up Sean.

Cindy Munford on December 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM

OT…..just got an e-mail saying someone is requesting to change my password here.

What is up with that? Anyone else?

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Lourdes on December 8, 2009 at 6:45 PM

I don’t know about that. I think he sincerely and truly LOATHES George Bush and Dick Cheney. His jokes about them weren’t about being opportunist.

terryannonline on December 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Now I know America has gone off track. There’s no other explaination for me not only laughing at Stewart’s jokes, but actually agreeing with him.

RachDubya on December 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM

My goodness, is it just me or does it seem we have the “Junior President from Illinois” running this country? He looks totally incompetent.

dirtseller on December 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I would email both allah and ed about that one. Sounds fishy to me.

upinak on December 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM

I’m always amazed when liberals talk about legalizing drugs, prostitution, and non-violent crimes.

They don’t want the government regulating their marijuana, but they’re all on board for government controlling their healthcare and every other major area of their lives.

amerpundit on December 8, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Isn’t legalizing non-violent crime an oxymoron ?

J_Crater on December 8, 2009 at 6:51 PM

What is up with that? Anyone else?

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM

nope, not me

ted c on December 8, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Isn’t legalizing non-violent crime an oxymoron ?

J_Crater on December 8, 2009 at 6:51 PM

consider the source of the question

ted c on December 8, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Is Stewart changing his opinion on Obama, or is he simply vying for more viewers? I say the latter.

cubachi on December 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Weatherization…..

We just keep getting blown by this president.

HornetSting on December 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM

The other day a bunch of folks said that they had gotten malware from Politico and several of them mentioned that same email that you received. I am with upinak, I would forward it to the powers that be.

Cindy Munford on December 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM

cubachi on December 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM

maybe both

blatantblue on December 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Funny in parts, but he’s still a tool. Notice how he mocks the idea of lowering the corporate tax. Typical leftist.

JohnInCA on December 8, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Thanks for this. Hilarious. Jobba the Hunt

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2009 at 6:56 PM

More money to GE.

fourdeucer on December 8, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM

There have been several that have had this. Some said they got it at Politico.

d1carter on December 8, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Isn’t legalizing non-violent crime an oxymoron ?

J_Crater on December 8, 2009 at 6:51 PM

I don’t know, but if you have a flat screen television, I’m gonna come and steal it, but I’m not going to kill you.
That kid is the product when stupid people breed.

HornetSting on December 8, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Cindy Munford on December 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Some one should put out an all points bulletin in search of our favorite pachyderm, Mr. Lox. He has gone AWOL and now there is no one tracking Trolls anymore.

I was hoping you might know if he is OK, well physically OK I mean; his mental state has always been questionable, but that doesn’t mean we don’t mind having him around. :)

Geochelone on December 8, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I would email both allah and ed about that one. Sounds fishy to me.

upinak on December 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM

I saw some people on other threads yesterday talking about the same thing.

Something rotten here….

BigWyo on December 8, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Maybe Stewart will use the Glenn Beck. It’s perfect – pidgeonholes tea party participants.

Mocking lowing corporate tax rate was awesome! That won’t create jobs, hahahaha! Jon is a genius.

Spirit of 1776 on December 8, 2009 at 6:59 PM

*Glenn Beck line.

Preview is my friend.

Spirit of 1776 on December 8, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Weatherization smeatherization.

Why not crank up a Tire Pressure Checker Corps?

In a few short months, we could eliminate the need for foreign oil altogether, while giving millions of inner city kids satisfying careers.

Well, maybe not the inner city kids part. We’ll need to upgrade the education system first.

notagool on December 8, 2009 at 7:00 PM

That kid is the product when stupid people liberals breed.

HornetSting on December 8, 2009 at 6:57 PM

FIFY

CWforFreedom on December 8, 2009 at 7:00 PM

You might uh consider uh some uh corporate uh tax cuts uh.

Speakup on December 8, 2009 at 7:01 PM

I am with upinak, I would forward it to the powers that be.

Cindy Munford on December 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM

They don’t pay any attention or something like that. I’ve alerted Ed about the malware/trojan’s floating around on this site. And I’m not just talking about that rotten Politico link the other night. And don’t even get me started on how my credit card got whacked by one of the advertisers here.

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Oh do get started. I wanna hear this! That explains a LOT right there and missing some money on something I never heard of and never ordered.

upinak on December 8, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Are you on Win7?

Geochelone on December 8, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Eh, who cares? Come or don’t come. We knew who Obama was BEFORE it was too late. Now, you better work overtime, not half-assed. It’s a tsunami, so catch the wave or be left behind for history to judge you.

marklmail on December 8, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Hilarious post, Allah. Phase Five…LOL!

PattyJ on December 8, 2009 at 7:11 PM

JohnJ on December 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Did someone force you to click on the links to these posts? If it doesn’t interest you, don’t click. Simple stuff.

scalleywag on December 8, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Phase five for newbies

macncheez on December 8, 2009 at 7:13 PM

upinak on December 8, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Tri-Slim? From the advertisements here about the amazing Acai berry diet crap.

I fell for the $2.99 sample plus shipping. The company charged my credit over a $1,000 bucks. Had to cancel the card.

My fault I guess. Buyer beware.

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 7:14 PM

What is up with that? Anyone else?

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM

That happened to couple people a few days ago, too.

Everybody should make sure their Hotair profile has their current email address to make sure you get the email with your new password if somebody tries to change it.

Just click on your user name above a comment box, (not the “log out”).

FloatingRock on December 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Last line is pure win.

spmat on December 8, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Funny thing is the stoner at the end actually has more ideas that might actually create some money flow than the Weatherizer-in-Chief…….

JoeinTX on December 8, 2009 at 7:18 PM

C in C =
Caulker in Chief

macncheez on December 8, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Huh.. nope. I have never bought anything on an advertisement on a website or blog. But somehow, something got my CC and charged 50 bucks on something I am still not sure what it is, and I am having the back look into it as they are taking it off my card.

But you are correct.. Buyer Beware. Good luck on getting the CC money back.

upinak on December 8, 2009 at 7:20 PM

did yall see where BEck was going to show part of his interview with Barbara WaWa? looks like a good time.

kelley in virginia on December 8, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Give Stewart props for doing what the MSM won’t… making fun of that which is screaming to be made fun of.

Stewart’s credibility just rose in my book.

Metro on December 8, 2009 at 7:22 PM

My fault I guess. Buyer beware.

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Yikes!

FloatingRock on December 8, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Just click on your user name above a comment box, (not the “log out”).

FloatingRock on December 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Thank You!! I’ve been trying to figure out how to get to my ‘profile’ to change my password for days, since getting these emails. I couldn’t figure it out. THANK YOU!!!!

bridgetown on December 8, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Don’t care much for Stewart, but that was pretty funny.

I wonder if Anita Dunn (and the WH) still considers Stewart a good “journalist.”

conservative pilgrim on December 8, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Stewart’s co-workers at Comedy Central will come up with an intervention well before Stage 5 ever arrives, out of fear they’ll be busted from the party/awards circuit if the on-air talent goes off the reservation.

Remember, it’s now OK to attack Obama, but only if 75 percent or more of those attacks are based on him not being liberal enough.

jon1979 on December 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Do you use Firefox? IE? Maybe it’s time to get a Mac. ;-)

conservative pilgrim on December 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Don’t get too excited, remember that the devil quoted scripture to Christ.

Don L on December 8, 2009 at 7:27 PM

THANK YOU!!!!

bridgetown on December 8, 2009 at 7:25 PM

No problem.

Another warning to the rest: as I recall, if somebody tries to change your password in WordPress, through the method used by people who forget their PW and can’t sign in, it will send out an email with a new randomly generated PW to your registered email. If your email is out of date you won’t get it and wont be able to sign in or update your email address.

FloatingRock on December 8, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Glimmers of hope from the lefty lefts.

Mojave Mark on December 8, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Still weak.

aikidoka on December 8, 2009 at 7:32 PM

My fault I guess. Buyer beware.

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 7:14 PM

My wife just ran into the same thing with some tooth whitening “sample”. The outfit was out of Utah via one of the eastern European countries. When I called the credit card company they knew the “sample” scam right away. What was a 2 dollar purchase turned into a ninety dollar purchase. Needless to say they got rid of the charge.

CWforFreedom on December 8, 2009 at 7:32 PM

weatherization , as i always say… hahaha.

the_nile on December 8, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Cash for Caulkers. This administration is one scam after another

CWforFreedom on December 8, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Take a hike, Stewart. You’d cut and run the moment a federal agent gave you the stink eye.

Dark-Star on December 8, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Lourdes on December 8, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Jon Leibowitz isn’t funny, but his staff of writers do write funny material for him to read.

Red State State of Mind on December 8, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I’m waiting for Jon to make fun of Obowma and the Democrats efforts to just keep extending unemployment benefits because it’s easier than actually fixing the economy…

Seven Percent Solution on December 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Weatherize homes…..well thank god he went to Harvard Law. Only from there could such brilliant ideas come.

angryed on December 8, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Dennis Miller redux – he will be ours soon

Ris4victory on December 8, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Weatherizing homes? I thought the left still believed in global warming.

njpat on December 8, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Whose homes do they weatherize? The unemployed? Or are those with jobs going to be forced to sign up for “weatherization” of their homes under a simple up front lump sum payment plan, conveniently deducted from their paychecks?

The beauty is they’ll be sure to up your tax value on your house at the same time. Win-win!!

TexasDan on December 8, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Stewart would rather die than admit that people without *gasp* Ivy league credentials could be right about something instead of their betters.

Speedwagon82 on December 8, 2009 at 8:50 PM

With my luck it will be Claire McCaskil (sp?) giving me the blow job.

Jdripper on December 8, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Suddenly, they figure out the funny in Barack Obama… ah well, better late than never.

painfulTruthDisciple on December 8, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Can anyone tell me if when you log in the “remember me” feature works. Doesn’t for me and certainly would be helpful.

silvernana on December 8, 2009 at 9:46 PM

silvernana on December 8, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Not working for me either lately. Sometimes it keeps logging me out automatically when I click on other topics or refresh the page.

Knucklehead on December 8, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Anyone notice his “jokes” or comments when it comes to Obama are done somewhat differently? And notice how the audience is so hesitant to laugh. Maybe its just me.

But they sure cheer pretty hard when some kid mentions legalizing prostitution and pot and non-violent crimes. I guess that says a lot about his in studio audience.

bucsox79 on December 8, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Well-done, except for the stupid bit about corporate taxes. Eisner looked terrified too – they’re probably afraid to say anything lest he sic the pay czar on them.

Buy Danish on December 8, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Stewart could be painted up like an Indian and throwing crates of British tea into Boston Harbor off of a sailing ship, and I still wouldn’t want to listen to this obnoxious, wise-a$$ Libtard.

Dr. ZhivBlago on December 8, 2009 at 11:40 PM

silvernana on December 8, 2009 at 9:46 PM

It’s works for me, although I do need to log back in once in a long while, but I’m running FireFox which also has a PW memorization feature and that might be picking up the slack.

Make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser, and there may be some security settings in your browser configuration that need to be modified. If that doesn’t work, try clearing your cache and/or cookies, but if you clear your cookies, first make sure you have all of your log in information available for other sites available because you’ll probably have to sign back into them on your next visit. Clearing cookies could also clear any personalized settings on web pages back to defaults, but they can be reconfigured.

FloatingRock on December 8, 2009 at 11:51 PM

This ought to produce a round of wrist-slitting on the Left …

SAN FRANCISCO — The Obama administration has asked an appeals court to dismiss a lawsuit accusing former Bush administration attorney John Yoo of authorizing the torture of a terrorism suspect, saying federal law does not allow damage claims against lawyers who advise the president on national security issues.

J_Crater on December 9, 2009 at 12:41 AM

As an outsider I thought what Stewart did was funny. I do suspect that he is fed up with Obama and his procrastination. I would not be surprised if he did more things like that.

The weatherization thing was funny…. it just goes to show.

Now I have a friend in Norway who is about to build a new home. Interestingly they build houses made out of wood over there, and not brick. They use thick insulation in the walls.

Weatherization as an idea is totally meaningless, and for a lot of reasons. First of all, in your country you have so many different weather patterns. I did notice in upstate New York, that just like in Norway there are a lot of timber homes. Yes that really did surprise me. When I lived in Ohio, back in 1984-85 we lived in a brick house with a basement. We experienced a record cold day, plus we experienced a blizzard and the storms associated with a tornado (it passed overhead). The house had a basement which is a necessity in an area that is prone to tornadoes. The other thing I noted from that time was that we were forbidden from lighting a fire on the coldest day….

I think that the Dufus who occupies the White House has absolutely no idea about what is necessary to create long term jobs. He has never been in an executive type role before. His ideas are totally stale.

maggieo on December 9, 2009 at 3:22 AM

Weatherisation – didn’t Obama’s friend Bill Ayers have something to do with that? Just asking!

/s

saukeye on December 9, 2009 at 4:23 AM

Check out the reaction from the black woman in the background when the Disney CEO brought up cutting the corporate tax rate.

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

David2.0 on December 9, 2009 at 6:39 AM

Buy Danish on December 8, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Disney CEO is Robert Iger.

David2.0 on December 9, 2009 at 6:42 AM

Hunger is spreading while the number of homeless families is increasing as a result of the recession and other factors, according to a report on Tuesday.
The U.S. Conference of Mayors said cities reported a 26 percent jump in demand for hunger assistance over the past year, the largest average increase since 1991.
Middle-class families as well as the uninsured, elderly, working poor and homeless increasingly looked for help with hunger, which was mainly fueled by unemployment, high housing costs and low wages.
The 2009 report is based on a survey of 27 cities, including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, Philadelphia and San Francisco, that comprise the group’s task force on hunger and homelessness.

The MSM is now in revolt against “The Won.”

J_Crater on December 9, 2009 at 7:39 AM

Legalizing non-violent crime?

- The Cat

MirCat on December 9, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Funny. The weatherization joke was the best one.

AnninCA on December 9, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Phase five: Religiously watching Glenn Beck.

Come on Jon skip to the end. You know you want to.
P.S. All the ammo and free gun advice you can handle.

Blacksmith8 on December 9, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Weatherization…..

We just keep getting blown by this president.

HornetSting on December 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Good one says I as I wipe the coffee spewed off my screen.

Blacksmith8 on December 9, 2009 at 9:01 AM