Breaking: Senate defeats Nelson’s anti-abortion ObamaCare amendment; Update: Nelson hedges on filibuster

posted at 6:02 pm on December 8, 2009 by Allahpundit

Not a surprise but potentially a very big deal. Last week Nelson called the abortion language “non-negotiable” and vowed to filibuster the final bill if it didn’t make it in. If he’s true to his word then Reid is now stuck at 59, with lots more grief to come depending upon how Lieberman, Snowe, and Lincoln, among others, shake out on the public option Medicare “compromise.” TPM surveys the landscape:

The problem is Nelson holds all the cards. So assuming Nelson is unyielding on his filibuster threat, which seems like a reasonable assumption at this point, that means the Democrats need a GOP senator to get to 60. The most likely GOPer to defect is Olympia Snowe, but she comes with pretty high price: no public option for sure. She’s cool to even the latest compromise that would remove public option in exchange for expanding Medicare.

Left unmentioned here: Bart Stupak, who sponsored the anti-abortion amendment that passed the House, has sworn up and down that his pro-life coalition will kill the final bill if the abortion language in it ends up being watered down. If he’s true to his word, not only is the ping pong strategy well and truly dead but the whole endeavor’s now hanging by a thread. Unless they have a Santa bag full of legislative bribes, I don’t know how Pelosi and Reid are going to thread this needle between pro-lifers and -choicers.

The vote was 54/45. Stand by for the roll and updates.

Update: Here’s the roll. Democrats voting no (i.e. not to table the amendment): Bayh, Casey, Conrad, Dorgan, Kaufman, Nelson, and Pryor. Republicans voting yes: Just the wonder twins from Maine, natch.

Update: They called his bluff, and … it looks like it really was a bluff.

A few reporters waiting outside the door asked him how it would effect his decision on whether to support the final effort.

“I want to continue to work on this,” he said, not ruling out his support, at least “not at this point in time. I want to continue to work on the project we’re working on… This makes it harder right now [to support the bill]. We’ll have to see if they can make it easier.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Christ, did I accidentally wander into the Ruby Ridge roleplaying forum?

Siobhan on December 8, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Wethal on December 8, 2009 at 9:04 PM

You totally missed my question. Once the bill gets out of the Senate, it can be rewritten in conference to put the public option back in or make any other changes they want, right? The Senate won’t be able to filibuster it then, as I understand it.

JohnJ on December 8, 2009 at 9:19 PM

This is what makes me so mad.The news media even fox calling these jerks Moderate Dems .There is no such thing as a Moderate Dem. Liberal to the bone.

thmcbb on December 8, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Of course he’d hedging!

I have the feeling the fix is in: this all kabuki, folks.

PattyJ on December 8, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Doesn’t matter. What may be taken out now (temporarily) goes back in later (permanently).

Seeing as abortion is such a fundamental part of health care “reform”, could it not also an integral component of any forthcoming education “reform?” Sex-ed?

How long until Barry gets around to opening abortion clinics in public schools?

Track-A-'Crat on December 8, 2009 at 9:29 PM

For sure? Speak up all who think she’ll find some pretext to cave.

Hey, not all at once!

mankai on December 8, 2009 at 9:32 PM

JohnJ on December 8, 2009 at 9:19 PM

I answered it, and added some information that is related. The GOP (plus a Dem or two) cannot filibuster the bill once it comes from conference.

But they could slow it down by requiring it to be read in full. At 2000+pages, that could take some time, and I think Harry wants this done before they recess and go home to hear an earful from their constituents.

Harry still had to pass a bill raising the debt limit, too. And the current estate tax expires at the end of the year if not acted upon. They badly need the estate tax revenue.

If the Dems don’t pass it before they recess, they get even more skittish in the New Year. They will be in an election year, with Obama dropping in the polls. It would be much harder to get a conference committee compromise (although still possible) if the Senate doesn’t move it this month.

Obama wants to crow about this passing in his SOTU address.

Wethal on December 8, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Have you two clowns ever heard of the declaration of Independence?

MrScribbler on December 8, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Funny how those who like to quote the D of I to justify violent overthrow of the US government prefer to do so out of context.

I’d be willing to bet that I have studied the D of I far more than you have. I might be wrong, but given your inability or unwillingness to read the whole document, I somehow doubt your expertise.

But for reference sake, let’s take a look at the phrases that precede this part of the D of I that you think justifies violent overthrow of the US government. First, the preceding phrase:

That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Just powers, and consent of governed. Hmmmm.

Are the powers that Congress are poised to exercise just? I don’t think so, but I’m willing to grant that I don’t get the final say on that; that before I pick up my gun and try to hang Members of Congress from lightpoles, maybe I should let the SCOTUS have a crack at it. And failing that, maybe I ought to let the electorate have a crack at it.

Now, does Congress derive those powers from the consent of the governed? Well, much as i might dislike it, the last I checked, they were elected, and even their opponents in the election concede that they lost fair and square. So, I’m not willing to substitute my judgment on the fairness of the 2008 elections, judgment which is backed up by the opposition party BTW, for your claims of tyranny worthy of revolution.

Apparently you disagree with our republican form of government, and the checks and balances inherent in it. My question is “Why?” Perhaps examining the phrase that follows your quote from the D of I will shed some light:

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes;

Light and transient causes. Hmmmmm.

I disagree with what Congress is trying to do. I even concede that it might be unconstitutional. But what they are doing is not a threat to our republic’s existence. They’re not wiping out branches or institutions of government, or ignoring elections, or imposing taxes on the unrepresented. Even if the very worst of Obama’s agenda passes, the mechanisms necessary to undo them will still be there.

But you and other intemperate fools are calling for a negation of our republic through violent revolution because you disagree with this Administration and this Congress on points of policy.

Remind me again just who is the threat to Liberty?

JohnGalt23 on December 8, 2009 at 9:52 PM

JohnGalt23 on December 8, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Thank you so very much. I haven’t the mental energy right now to write a decent rebuttal to that keyboard commando nutcase.

Dark-Star on December 8, 2009 at 9:55 PM

For sure? Speak up all who think she’ll find some pretext to cave.

Hey, not all at once!

mankai on December 8, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Here’s a pretext. It’s historical. Yippie Ki ya!

JellyToast on December 8, 2009 at 9:59 PM

If it’s a politician, you can’t count on it and you can’t trust it.
If it’s a rino, you can count on it bending over for the other side.
If it’s a democrat, you can count on it bending America over for the enemy.

HornetSting on December 8, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Why is the GOP hoping a Democrat will filibuster for them??

Chris_Balsz on December 8, 2009 at 10:04 PM

I find the idea that the US government should be overthrown slightly less radical and wacky than stating that prudent people suffer an unjust and unConstitutional Congress until the Supreme Court okays the Revolution.

Chris_Balsz on December 8, 2009 at 10:09 PM

JohnGalt23:

Remind me again about what the DofI says when the government now sitting says that they can regulate my breath????
You poor bastard…this grand experiment is over and you are either too stupid or too “comforable” to see it……

colonelkurtz on December 8, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Chris_Balsz on December 8, 2009 at 10:09 PM

…unConstitutional Congress…

Please tell us just what about this Congress is, IYHO, unconstitutional.

Were they not duly elected, under the provisions of Article I?

Are there Reprs not 25 years of age, or Senators not 30 year of age?

Do they not represent districts that are roughly proportional in population?

Does each State not have two Senators?

Have they not chosen a Speaker of the House or a President pro tempore?

Did the State legislatures not determine the time place and manner of choosing Members of congress?

Has this Congress not convened at lest once this year?

Have they done business without a majority constituting a quorum?

Has either house of Congress failed to keep a journal of their proceedings?

Has either house adjourned for more than three days without the consent of the other house.

Has the Treasury failed to pay any member their due compensation?

Have they allowed their members to be arrested while Congress is in session?

Has any Member of Congress been appointed to civil office while a member?

Well…

I’ll tell you what Chris, here is a copy of the US Constitution. Try reading it, and maybe you can tell us why this Congress is unconstitutional.

JohnGalt23 on December 8, 2009 at 10:32 PM

JohnGalt23 on December 8, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I took that to mean that Congress was attempting to pass laws without regard for the Constitution, not that there were procedural issues.

Ronnie on December 8, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Christ, did I accidentally wander into the Ruby Ridge roleplaying forum?

Siobhan on December 8, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Hmmm…yeah, folks around here like the thought of their wives, children and even the family dog getting shot to death by police and Federal agents.

Dr. ZhivBlago on December 8, 2009 at 10:51 PM

JohnGalt23 wants to talk about the house architectural measurements, not the 10,000 pound gorilla destroying the house……

colonelkurtz on December 8, 2009 at 10:54 PM

What ever happened to the will of the people?

WyoMike on December 8, 2009 at 10:55 PM

What ever happened to the will of the people?

WyoMike on December 8, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Hey, didn’t you hear, “We’re all socialists now!!”

B Man on December 8, 2009 at 11:00 PM

JohnGalt23 on December 8, 2009 at 8:21 PM

You’re right. I guess the second amendment means nothing since the government can put us down if we forcible try to remove them for unconstitutional behavior.

csdeven on December 8, 2009 at 11:07 PM

too “comforable” to see it……

colonelkurtz on December 8, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Too comfortable. He will willingly walk to the furnace.

csdeven on December 8, 2009 at 11:08 PM

The Fox panel was talking about this, basically saying this vote was just a way for Nelson, et al. to say “I voted pro-life” … then vote for the whole thing later

you know, muddy the water so you can do what you really want to do….start the single payer process.

r keller on December 8, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Rush and Bush. Boy did those two ever screw conservatives over.

True_King on December 8, 2009 at 11:21 PM

First of all, you are clearly a blowhole, who would piss his pants at the first sign of a real revolution. Civil war is incredibly ugly, and those advocating it openly in anything but the most dire of circumstances are indeed fools.

You are a laughable little troll, sonny, I was shooting communists under Reagan when you were still crapping your pants, I’ve seen things that would make you faint.
Do you even KNOW anyone that is in the military?
Crawl back under your bridge and continue molesting goats, troll, it’s plain you know NOTHING about the military, our Founders OR the Constitution.

nelsonknows on December 8, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Rush and Bush Snowe and Collins. Boy did those two ever screw conservatives over.

True_King on December 8, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Muuuch better.

Laura in Maryland on December 8, 2009 at 11:54 PM

JohnGalt23 on December 8, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Since you want to POST a link to the Constitution though you have NEVER bothered to read it, let me help you.

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

THOSE amendments were violated by the STIMULUS Bill, I suggest you read it.

Article IV
Section 4.
The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence.

Article VI
…This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

I can post another 50 or so violations of the Constitution since January 20th and another 50 that Congress is attempting, including National Healthcare Legislation NOT authorized to Congress by the Constitution in Article 1, Section 8.

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO GO THERE?

nelsonknows on December 8, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Senator Lieberman, you’re our only hope.

LibTired on December 9, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Leftists trolls like JohnGault23 will NEVER get the simple fact that the CONSTITUTION is the basis that the Government is ALLOWED to operate and when those in government violate the Constitution, the privilege to govern becomes null and void and those who are SUPPOSED to be serving, become illegitimate and must be removed.

nelsonknows on December 9, 2009 at 12:05 AM

It seems sad that the people who are finally getting to see how the sausage is made are tuning into this for the first time. For the people who have seen it before it is unfortunately business as usual. I can only hope that the populace is horrified by the buying of votes to swallow the pill. Mr. Deeds indeed. Some things have never changed and the Chi-town brand seems like a noire we’ve yet to see on a National scale..,.

KZnextzone on December 9, 2009 at 12:09 AM

All of a sudden we are being forced to pay for what we don’t want.

He only won by 7 points.

I read an article today that said a Lady tried to kill her Rivals baby, bc she thought it was her man’s baby.

The article said that she was guilty of committing abortion, is that like murder?

father on December 9, 2009 at 12:32 AM

The fools, from the left, to the right, who voted for this kindergarten, fully deserve them, all of them. Unfortunately we all have to pay for the ruin they bring upon us.

May all who voted for this lot be punished. May they rape your wallets, to the point where you can’t take it any longer. Suffer, fools.

Only then will you wake up and, hopefully, help us to save this land. If not, you deserve what’s coming.

Schadenfreude on December 9, 2009 at 12:34 AM

JohnGalt23 on December 8, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I noticed you pointed out the “Consent of the Governed”. Small issue with that: Only about 1/3 supported the break with England. Not much of a “consent”.

Tim Burton on December 9, 2009 at 2:15 AM

We don’t want it! Don’t these guys care about that?! Republican in Congress are always so worried about what liberals think of them but have tin ears when it comes to their constituents. I have never had such seething contempt for these politicians.

Mormon Doc on December 9, 2009 at 3:05 AM

If we had a domestic hemp industry, perhaps we could make enough rope right here at home.

Adjoran on December 9, 2009 at 3:20 AM

Will somebody PLEASE explain to me how ‘abortion’ is considered HEALTHCARE????? Abortion is murder/killing/dying – i.e., ENDING LIFE. HEALTHCARE is SUPPOSED to make one well, to make better – to live, NOT DIE!!!!

Call, email your lousy representatives and tell them just THAT! That abortion is ‘dying’, ‘death’, ‘killing’ and has NO PLACE in the ‘healthcare’ reform! I am against abortion and I DEFINITELY am AGAINST paying for someone else’s!!!!

brendy on December 9, 2009 at 3:41 AM

These pigs are out of the poke and surprise, they’re rats that occasionally sound like pigs!

I love the tired game of “I think it’s really evil, this killing innocent kids, but if you give my district its______(fill in the blank) I’ll …er…compromise.

See how that nonsense flies on Judgment day fellows…

Don L on December 9, 2009 at 5:01 AM

how are they are going to grease snowe’s or nelson’s palms now?

cmsinaz on December 9, 2009 at 6:43 AM

lets hope the GOP has the stones to slow this thing to a crawl and drag it on and on.

The bill is NOT constitutional. People are violently opposed to it and the unintended consequences will be pretty nasty.

dogsoldier on December 9, 2009 at 6:50 AM

So there you go folks. It does not matter how many people are dying, it does not matter how bad your cancer survival rates are…all that matters is that everyone suffers equally.
Sharke on December 8, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Yep…We are living much too long for the transnational progressives. Equal social justice for all. That has a very Hitleresque ring to it.

Nalea on December 9, 2009 at 7:05 AM

dogsoldier on December 9, 2009 at 6:50 AM

The GOP in Congress is not up to the task. For every relatively strong voice you have Olympia Snowe or Susan Collins. Mitch McConnell has been good in rhetoric but weak in using the rules of the Senate to do anything other than whine that the Democrats need to be stopped.

If we are to stop this attempt to seize healthcare, it is up to we, the people, to send the message that we are not going to tolerate the current contempt in which Congress holds our opinion. Personally, I suspect that nothing will stop this Democrat scheme to destroy America.

highhopes on December 9, 2009 at 7:25 AM

highhopes on December 9, 2009 at 7:25 AM

spot on!!!

cmsinaz on December 9, 2009 at 7:32 AM

Just as I thought.

Nelson sent me a form letter in reply to my urging (threatening) him not to bring this legislation to the floor. His reply said that the only way it could be fixed, is to bring it to the floor for discussion.

I replied again, stating that, if the bill was anywhere close to being acceptable, that may be true, but why bring an unacceptable bill to the floor?

We’ve been had, as usual.

As they say, nothing in Washington happens by accident. I think they figure that Nelson is expendable because he isn’t as far left as the rest of the party has gone.

I know I will do everything in my power to make sure he does not get re-elected. Ever.

cntrlfrk on December 9, 2009 at 7:41 AM

What on earth is wrong with you people? The guy recommending against violent revolution is now a leftist troll? Some of you have jumped the shark, big time.

Black Yoshi on December 9, 2009 at 7:52 AM

So AP, we’re calling pro-life ‘anti-abortion’ now?

fossten on December 9, 2009 at 7:56 AM

So it looks as if taxpayer-funded abortions on American soil will become a reality, on the heels of taxpayer-funded abortions overseas. And we now have taxpayer funding of embryonic stem cell research using many new stem cell lines, which involves removing the stem cells from human embryos who are about a week old — killing them in the process. Some researchers advocate cloning in order to provide a limitless supply of embryos.

All of this reminds me of the way McDonald’s signs used to say “30 million served” etc. Now their signs simply say “billions and billions served.” Pro-lifers have recently estimated the number of aborted babies at about 51 million (since 1973), but we might as well just start saying “billions and billions killed.”

We’ll never know how many of these tiny human beings are killed each year through abortion and experimentation, but God knows. I won’t be surprised if He holds America accountable for “the least of these,” who will die in increasing numbers because we elected Obama.

KyMouse on December 9, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Can we finally lay to rest the idea of a “conservative Democrat” please? No such thing.

angryed on December 9, 2009 at 8:20 AM

where are the anti-abortion demonstrators? don’t tell me that they can be bought off, too?

c’mon! this is about ideology and freedom.

kelley in virginia on December 9, 2009 at 8:21 AM

If this obamanation becomes a reality, then Mr. President was right, for once. We are no longer a Christian Nation.

kingsjester on December 9, 2009 at 8:35 AM

I hope Ben “fence rider” Nelson’s Nebraska headquarters have been reporting the negative commercials that are being aired on the radio about him. Heard one while scooping snow.

yoda on December 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Call all of his offices.

Omaha

Tel: (308) 631-7614

Kearney
Tel: (308) 293-5818

South Sioux City
Tel: (402) 209-3595

OmahaConservative on December 9, 2009 at 8:39 AM

But do you honestly think that the 101st men will shot a american woman?

upinak on December 8, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Google “Bonus Army 1932″

fossten on December 9, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Remind me again just who is the threat to Liberty?

JohnGalt23 on December 8, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Hmm. Moving the goalposts much? The unilateral power recently taken by the EPA is a direct short circuit of the political process. The fact that the Senate majority leader is literally BUYING votes is corruption that short circuits the electoral process. There have been literally dozens of Constitutional violations perpetrated by THIS Congress alone. The very act of cap and trade will push our nation to the brink.

But by all means, continue to define terms to suit yourself.

/eyeroll

fossten on December 9, 2009 at 9:19 AM

True king – you are a Jack A** troll! Rush and Bush did no. such thing. Jerks like you and your friends in the \”Press\” told as many lies as it took to get Barry elected. At every turn – you and your media friends blame evryone but Barry for the problems he is causing.\”Everything would be OK if only Rush hadn\’t wished for Barry to fail\”; \”These problems were inherited from Bush, even though The congress spends the moneyn and they are Dems and have been for years\”.Tell you socialist friends that it won\’t work much longer. The backlash is coming and we are taking names of those who offend liberty!Sic semper tyrannus

blaque jacques on December 9, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Laura Unleashed
December 8, 2009
Code Red Rally Tuesday 1pm Dec 15th US Capital
It’s time we all stop pretending that what is happening with this Obamacare debate is about “helping the uninsured” or “fixing the healthcare system” or “giving the people what they want.” It’s about none of those things. Its about amassing as much power in a central government as humanly possible. Its about wealth redistribution. It’s social engineering at its absolute worst.

The American people must take this political system back from those who have hijacked it in one of the most abhorrent power grabs that we the voters have ever seen. It’s the holiday season so the Democrats are counting on you to be otherwise occupied and too busy to stand against their massive expansion of government. Let them underestimate us again just as they did last summer. Let these unrepresentative politicians proceed with their legislative chicanery and self-righteous grandstanding. We can expose them and confront them in the classic American spirit–a public gathering on their doorstep. On December 15th at 1 pm, we will remind Pelosi, Reid, Schumer et al. that they work for us and not the other way around. We will demand that they follow the will of the people, not dismiss and degrade it by putting future generations into a deficit dungeon. We will put every politician who supports this travesty on notice: enjoy your remaining time in the U.S. Capitol because we’re coming for your seat.

The American people will not forget those who turned their backs on us and
voted for a bill that they hadn’t read and which will do nothing but ensure that one of the best healthcare systems in the world is compromised.
Posted by Laura Ingraham at 11:00 PM

OmahaConservative on December 9, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Wethal on December 8, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Okay, I see what you’re saying now. Thanks.

JohnJ on December 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM

The fix is in, Nelson’s a chump.

The inevitable conclusion is top grade medical services for seniors will be rationed.

That is a fact.

FireBlogger on December 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Update: They called his bluff, and … it looks like it really was a bluff.

Doesn’t any of these SOBs have ANY balls?

NavyMustang on December 9, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Congress ignores the public. Last year a near 87% screamed no amnesty and more boarder control while our congress gutted the money for the fence.

mixplix on December 9, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I’d almost rather have a flaming far leftist libtard for a senator than this panty-waisted bluedawg who never means what he says.
At least we’d know where we stand.

OmahaConservative on December 9, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I am so ashamed. I am a voting member of the Maine republican Party. Nuff said. I have called and emailed until I am blue in the face. The Wonder Twins says it all.

screwauger on December 9, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Another 300 million to the Nelson library in Nebraska?

dthorny on December 9, 2009 at 12:21 PM

The fix is in, Nelson’s a chump.

That is a fact.

FireBlogger on December 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM

HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM? Vote them OUT in 2010!!!

If they’re not for us, they are against us. You and everyone you know, MUST vote in 2010 and if you are disabled, vote absentee. We CAN save this country by DEMANDING conservative candidates and voting them in to end this country killing spending.

Evil prospers when good men and women do nothing.

dthorny on December 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Back for a 2nd bite of pie, Mr. Nelson?

Kissmygrits on December 9, 2009 at 12:51 PM

csdeven on December 8, 2009 at 11:07 PM

The 2nd means something. But clowns here are deluding themselves that having the 2nd Amendment and women in their ranks is going to prevent the uS armed forces from firing on them while they commit violent insurrection.

These are serious times for serious men. People willing to eengage in such mindless fantasy do our movement no favors.

JohnGalt23 on December 9, 2009 at 12:56 PM

fossten on December 9, 2009 at 9:19 AM

By that logic, so is every instance of the Executive Branch exercising their power to create regulatory law. Now, I’ll agree that such expansion of regulatory law is unconstitutional. But do you know who disagrees with us? That’s right… the entire Federal Judiciary. Odd, I didn’t see anyone calling for violent insurrection when the Bush Administration was doing it, and the courts were agreeing with them.

But now you ask people who really believe in the Constitution to ignore its checks and balances, and go directly to violent insurrection, thus destroying any respect the people might have for the Constitution

You mean congress is engaging in horsetrading and logrolling, and as such we should engage in violent insurrection?

Private Pyle, you’ve got to be sh**ting me!!

And I would ask you to point out the part of the Constitution that determines you, your firearm and your bravado are the final arbiters of what is and is not constitutional, and tell us just why at this point, given all the violations of the constitution engaged in by previous Congresses, the judiciary and the electorate have been removed from the process.

JohnGalt23 on December 9, 2009 at 1:34 PM

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO GO THERE?

nelsonknows on December 8, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Well, the “commie-shooting” blowhole can cut and paste.

Congratulations.

Now, when GOP Congresses were violating the Constitution with the consent of a GOP President, why weren’t you calling for violent insurrection then?

I’ll tell you why blowhole… because you liked their violations, and you don’t like these violations. Nothing you C&P’d demonstrates that the republic is about to fall, and it wouldn’t o so for the members of the 101st as they blew you away like lint.

JohnGalt23 on December 9, 2009 at 1:41 PM

There’s one last hurrah: The Code Red Rally in DC on Tuesday, 12/15 at 1:30 p.m. The libs have convinced themselves that the anger has died down and it’s okay to vote for the Final Solution.

Show ‘em the truth by showing up.

sabu on December 9, 2009 at 3:05 PM

… If this were a video about any other procedure besides abortion, it would be on the nightly news and everyone would be demanding that the doctor lose his license. The fact that people think this is o.k. because it’s abortion instead of a tonsillectomy or a tummy tuck is ridiculous.

JadeNYU on December 9, 2009 at 3:05 PM

That is an excellent observation, JadeNYU!

Have you noticed that people become outraged at displays of aborted embryos and fetuses, yet they applaud those who show soldiers killed in war, abused animals, etc.?

The not really anti-violence anti-war liars push their nasty agenda and get applause for “caring” and other nonsense.

The environmentalists and animal rights extremists are praised for their “saintly” advocacy.

Abortion opponents are demonized, while abortion advocates are the salt-of-the-earth saints who love women, love children – even though they are cheer leaders for slaughtering them via induced abortions.

It is absurd!

Show an abused animal? Get applause.

Show a butchered by abortion baby? Get demonized.

Makes perfect sense, doesn’t it?

(No. Not really!)

William2006 on December 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Dark-Star on December 8, 2009

while there are some in the military that will follow any order given, the majority are conservatives. So while we will be facing heavy weapons, we will have some of our own.

I suspect that many soldiers have already have plans for what they take and what they sabotage.

Slowburn on December 9, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Slowburn on December 9, 2009 at 5:53 PM

You really live in a fantasy world. Yes, by all means a significant number of troops will side with nuts besieging the government (SARC SARC SARC)

Black Yoshi on December 9, 2009 at 6:10 PM

I can’t wait to fire Nalson in 2012.

Question is though, how much damage will he do until then.

*sighs*