Palin: Obama’s birth certificate is fair game; Update: Transcript added; Update: Palin responds

posted at 10:44 pm on December 3, 2009 by Allahpundit

At 7:45, your quote of the day. Something for (almost) everyone here: For the left, smoking-gun proof that she’s a fringe character, and for Birthers, smoking-gun proof that their concerns are mainstream. As for righties like me and Ed (and Glenn Beck) who think this particular science is well settled, tomorrow should be a fun media day.

I wonder if she realized when she said this that it’s going to follow her around.

Update: Some people are commenting that they can’t load the clip, so here’s a transcript.

Would you make the birth certificate an issue if you ran?

I think the public, rightfully, is still making it an issue. I don’t have a problem with that. I don’t know if I would have to bother to make it an issue ’cause I think there are enough members of the electorate who still want answers.

Do you think it’s a fair question to be looking at?

I think it’s a fair question, just like I think past associations and past voting record — all of that is fair game. You know, I’ve got to tell you, too: I think our campaign, the McCain/Palin campaign didn’t do a good enough job in that area. We didn’t call out Obama and some of his associates on their records and what their beliefs were and perhaps what their future plans were. And I don’t think that that was fair to voters to not have done our jobs as candidates and as a campaign to bring to light a lot of the things that now we’re seeing made manifest in the administration.

I mean, truly, if your past is fair game and your kids are fair game, certainly Obama’s past should be. I mean, we want to treat men and women equally, right?

Hey, you know, that’s a great point, in that weird conspiracy-theory freaky thing that people talk about that Trig isn’t my real son. And a lot of people say, “Well you need to produce his birth certificate! You need to prove that he’s your kid!” Which we have done. But yeah, so maybe we could reverse that and use the same [unintelligible]-type thinking on them.

Update (Ed Morrissey): Late last night, Palin responded on her Facebook page in a post called “Stupid Conspiracy Theories”:

Voters have every right to ask candidates for information if they so choose. I’ve pointed out that it was seemingly fair game during the 2008 election for many on the left to badger my doctor and lawyer for proof that Trig is in fact my child. Conspiracy-minded reporters and voters had a right to ask… which they have repeatedly. But at no point – not during the campaign, and not during recent interviews – have I asked the president to produce his birth certificate or suggested that he was not born in the United States.

Well, the best way not to get tagged as a Birther is to refrain from saying that people are “rightfully making it an issue” and that the only reason that she would avoid doing that herself is because “there are enough members of the electorate who still want answers.” It’s the same thing as Truthers saying that all they’re doing is “asking questions.” The answers have already been provided; they just reject them because they’re married to their conspiracies.

I think Palin just discovered the First Rule of Blogs: Don’t feed the trolls.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 20 21 22 23

Not one person has answered my question hours ago about WHY it is ‘crazy’ to want to see the birth certificate. Anyone?

DanaSmiles on December 4, 2009 at 12:21 PM

That in itself is not what’s crazy. What is crazy is that somehow deducing because of this it means he was born in Kenya…or even elsewhere besides Hawaii.

Can anyone answer this patriot’s question? Why, if he had to produce his original birth certificate, didn’t Obama have to produce his?

HondaV65 on December 4, 2009 at 12:33 PM
Basilsbest on December 4, 2009 at 1:49 PM

My guess would be that he was asked to show proof and the original birth certificate is the proof in which McCain chose to show. Doesn’t mean anything however.

anuts on December 4, 2009 at 6:57 PM

This may have been stated already. (I’m not about to read 22 pages of comments.) I thinks she is saying, If I have to put up with this kind of BS why shouldn’t Obama.

smokinjoe on December 4, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Holy crap. That is all there is to it, really.

Why does something this simple require 2000+ comments of foolishness?

Could it be that some people just will not accept what is right in front of them?

Good grief.

Brian1972 on December 4, 2009 at 6:57 PM

I like Sarah Palin but…

I will not even try to defend that statement. The Birthers are an embarrassment.

Antagonist on December 3, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Yeah you’re probably right, we should just drop the issue altogether.

In fact let’s just keep our mouths shut and continue playing nicey-nicey soft ballSure, Precedent d**kface can cake walk to a 2nd term but at least we can say we fought an “honorable” battle

*Puke*

cableguy615 on December 4, 2009 at 6:59 PM

22 pages of comments in 13 hours!!

Lookin’ good AP!! Record?

Caststeel on December 4, 2009 at 7:06 PM

22 pages of comments in 13 hours!!

Lookin’ good AP!! Record?

Caststeel on December 4, 2009 at 7:06 PM

I question the timing.

Brian1972 on December 4, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Holy crap. That is all there is to it, really.

Why does something this simple require 2000+ comments of foolishness?

Good grief.

Brian1972 on December 4, 2009 at 6:57 PM

So what is right in front of me that I should see?
Do I think that is all there is to it? Yes I Do. Just because you read more into it than that, doesn’t mean I have to.

smokinjoe on December 4, 2009 at 7:11 PM

anuts on December 4, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Why assume that wanting to see the birth certificate implies a belief that he was born anywhere but where he says he was?

Jim Treacher on December 4, 2009 at 7:16 PM

You need to show your BC to join the military, but not to be the Commander in Chief?

Hening on December 4, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Any GOP member running for President that feels the need to bring this up in 2011-12 does not deserve to be President. That is pretty pathetic if you cannot make a case for being President on ideas and the current President’s record.

WashJeff on December 3, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I am so sick of this shit!!!
I’m just an average citizen, no special needs – other than a job would be nice!!! BUT…..I have to live by the laws in this country, follow every rule. abide by traffic laws have insurance, pay taxes.
THese bastards…….are above every law known to man.
I happen to be an AMERICAN citizen born and raised. And if I decide i need to see the so-called precidents true Birth Certificate then I better darn well get to. “IT’s THE LAW”
Written into the CONSTITUTION for a reason, reasons like this for example. To keep un-lawful, non-citizens, from jumpin to the front of the line cuz I’m so freakin special…
These goat humpin SOB’s are runnin our Beloved Country into the ground.
Unless your name is Baraq Hussien Obamao….you can’t spend 1.7 Million dollars to keep all your records sealed from the UNITED STATES CITIZENS.

MBoogie on December 4, 2009 at 7:22 PM

22 pages of comments in 13 hours!!

Lookin’ good AP!! Record?

Caststeel on December 4, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Was there ever any doubt ?? LOL !

cableguy615 on December 4, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Look at the vetting process McCain had to endure, and he wasn’t the precident. If I as a lowly common citizen want to perhaps go overseas, I have to show an actual “Official Birth Certificate” just to get a passport. But to be the PRECident of the UNited States of Amerika………NO DICE
Give me a Freakin break

MBoogie on December 4, 2009 at 7:29 PM

If elected officials cannot be counted on the uphold the laws of the this nation.
“DO NOT EXPECT ME TO”

MBoogie on December 4, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Give me a Freakin break

MBoogie on December 4, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I am indifferent !

This is the most blatant in-your-face double-standard of all time !

cableguy615 on December 4, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Allah you post some interesting stories but I very seldom agree with you or understand your logic. Probably just me.

UncleZeb on December 4, 2009 at 7:39 PM

22 pages of comments in 13 hours!!

And they say Palin has no chance. What the hell other person generates this much “conversation”?

Fed45 on December 4, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Jim Treacher on December 4, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Exactly! See, this is why I find anti-Birthers so much more annoying than Birthers. Unless you adopt the tone of sneering condescension favored by Ed, AP and others, then you must believe that Obama is a secret Kenyan or something.

I assert nothing of the sort. I’d just kind of like to see what he, for whatever reason, doesn’t want anyone to see.

Just because.

Kensington on December 4, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Jim Treacher on December 4, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I’m making no such assumption about those just wanting to see his birth certificate. The assumption on many is that that itself implies he is hiding his “true” place of birth (meaning elsewhere than Hawaii). It is that which I find crazy.

anuts on December 4, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Just because.

Kensington on December 4, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I think grades and transcripts would be far more revealing and thus they pique my interest much more.

anuts on December 4, 2009 at 7:58 PM

I want everything the President has hidden. That includes his birth records, medical records, college transcripts, his master’s thesis, the rough draft of his books (which he wouldn’t have as he wasn’t the writer).

In short, I want the Transparency the President of the United States promised to the entire Republic.

Pelayo on December 4, 2009 at 8:02 PM

anuts on December 4, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Agreed, but that would make you a racist just for asking.

dthorny on December 4, 2009 at 8:03 PM

LOL All the depth and insight one comes to expect from a Quitter Fan.

voxpopuli on December 4, 2009 at 5:52 P

M

typical “vox” post: child-like, simple-minded, pretending to be Real Smart while not actually saying anything: a Troll of Trolls: Annoying, lame, dishonest, devoid of actual content and emotionally Fragile

When’s it’s had enough it will declare victory and slink off

Janos Hunyadi on December 4, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Hannity mentioned the bc case, did I miss the Hannity bashing? or was there no Hannity bashing?

When the military question it at a time of war, I’d say it is time to produce proof.

njpat on December 4, 2009 at 8:20 PM

anuts on December 4, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Except you are NOT special enough to see those either….

Move along nothing to see here!!!

MBoogie on December 4, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Let me correct your interpretation on what Beck says on YOUR OWN LINK. Beck does not say is not a valid issue, Beck says that he believes it would start a civil war. VERY DIFFERENT THAN WHAT YOU ARE PORTRAYING.

But I’ve come to expect misrepresentations of Beck and Palin say here, it comes as no surprise.

njpat on December 4, 2009 at 8:39 PM

I think we should be able to see it all. Look at the freaks he surrounds himself with openly. I want to know what this lying shit is hiding.

ReneePA on December 4, 2009 at 8:42 PM

ReneePA on December 4, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Mr. Open and Transparent, isn’t being too open and transparent, is he? Is it not Obama’s own hypocracy that makes people question it all the more? Why people bash others who want presidents to live up to their own words, is beyond me.

njpat on December 4, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Well let’s see Palin was relentlessly attacked about Trigg being her son so she paid $20 to obtain his birth certificate and proved he was her son. So as far as I am concerned she is right to make the statement that the American people have the right to see Obama’s birth certificate. John McCain was accused of not being a natural born citizen because he was born in Panama. So he paid $20 and got his birth certificate to prove he was eligible. I have been asked to bring my birth certificate to a new job to prove I was a citizen. Barack Obama is asked to provide his birth certificate because there are unanswered questions about his being a natural born citizen but he is exempt form producing his birth certificate. He as presently paid close to $1 million to keep people from seeing his. Why?

Dr. Ron Polarick, an expert in computer documentation, examined the Certification of Live Birth (COLB) shown at DailyKos, Fightthesmears.com, and FactCheck.org he found all three to be forgeries. Dr. Polarick has signed an affidavit on his findings placing himself in a position of perjury should he be found wrong so this is not just some hack trying to get a reputation. He already had a reputation and he is risking it all on this report. For those of you that would like to see Dr. Polarick’s report you can find it at http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2136816/posts.

So if Obama and his minions claim that he has a real COLB why do they have to resort to forgeries? This also means that Obama has not presented his COLB.

Every one in the primaries released their college transcripts except Barack Obama. Why?

Steve Baldwin has a very good article “The Mystery of Barack Obama Continues” at http://www.westernjournalism.com/?page_id=3255. Baldwin writes that Percy Sutton, Manhattan borough president, was approached by Saudi prince Talah’s advisor. The advisor informed Sutton that he was raising tuition money for Barrack Obama. By the way prince Talah is the biggest contributor to CAIR. So who actually paid for Obama’s Harvard education?

Obama attended the Punahou School, a Hawaiian prep school, however; his application for the school is now where to be found and that would have had his COLB. He attended Occidental College under the name of Barry Soetoro was this so he could attend as a foreign exchange student? This was the issue behind the law suite to obtain these records but the effort was blocked by Obama’s lawyers. Why? Who paid for his Columbia University education? Obama will not release any student loan information so we do not know.

Recently Debbie Schlussel found that Obama’s selective service card document location number that is from a 2008 form not earlier as it should be. The card also claims Obama registered 9/4/1980 in Hawaii, yet at that time he was suppose to be in LA attending Occidental College indicating his card is a forgery. Could this mean that he thought that because he was not a citizen and selective service did not pertain to him? Now that he needs this documentation he is having some one forging it? Why is this not being investigated? You can check this out at DebbieSchlussel.com.

Looking at Obama one sees forged or modified documents, deleted information on websites, and sealed records. If this were McCain or Bush where would you be reading these stories? Truthers have been given the answer to their questions by James Meigs from Popular Mechanics. Birthers are still waiting for their answers.

I have not decided one way or the other about Obama’s citizenship. I will not make that judgement until all the questions have been answered. We still live in the country where you are innocent until proven guilty. These are questions I would like to have answered so the issue can be settled. Until then I believe like Palin the Birthers have every right to ask for their employees birth certificate to prove he is a natural born citizen.

rsbarc011 on December 4, 2009 at 8:51 PM

In fact, Obama’s biography is so shrouded in secrecy it led two big supporters to make fools out of themselves.
That said, I agree with Ed, “I think Palin just discovered the First Rule of Blogs: Don’t feed the trolls.”
Sarah Palin is a very quick study and making such a mistake three years before the election is certainly the time to do it.

davo on December 4, 2009 at 8:58 PM

rsbarc011 on December 4, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I don’t have a pony in the race either, but like you I think there are enough valid questions that deserve answers. If anyone else applied for a job, could we hold back our college records and still get the job? Not likely. Maybe he is playing with people trying to make them seem “crazy,” but that is no way to try to lead a country. When the military question it, it is not good to allow it to go on. And from what I’ve read from the official court documents, it is all about standing, which does not answer the questions.

njpat on December 4, 2009 at 8:59 PM

voxpopuli was attempting to convince Treach on the merits of Shakespeare and homosexuality or something.

jimmy2shoes on December 4, 2009 at 6:28 PM

LOL. Today’s lesson has proved quite broad-ranging, hasn’t it? For those just getting up to speed, Jimmy likes to accuse others of homosexuality. Strangely, however, Jimmy and Jim are the only ones who bring up homosexuality. In Jimmy’s case, this is known as “transferrence.”

voxpopuli on December 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Jim Treacher on December 4, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Well, because, Jim, as Sarah Palin pointed out, the entire issue is “stupid.”

voxpopuli on December 4, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Fed45 on December 4, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Paris Hilton? Perez Hilton? Mussolini? LOL

voxpopuli on December 4, 2009 at 9:05 PM

When’s it’s had enough it will declare victory and slink off

Janos Hunyadi on December 4, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Why Janos, you forgot “lies on his taxes, curses in front of his mother, eats babies.” LOL

voxpopuli on December 4, 2009 at 9:07 PM

This is what Sarah says. And Sarah has every right to say it this way. After all, they went after her son’s birth even though her son wasn’t running for president.
——–

njpat on December 4, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Just to tweak the Palin haters;

Sarah Palin answers this truther question in her new New York Times Best Selling book: GOING ROGUE, available at your local bookstore today. Buy several copies to annoy others.

dthorny on December 4, 2009 at 9:08 PM

In Jimmy’s case, this is known as “transferrence.”

voxpopuli on December 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Good God. If you’re going to play the role of the smug prat, at least learn how to spell.

John the Libertarian on December 4, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I just wish she would have focused on the truly shady parts of his background. It’s not so much birtherism as much as it is citizenshiperism–as in was Obama’s citizenship lost when he went to those schools in Indonesia?

johnny alpha on December 4, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Cynical political calculation ridicules Palin no matter what she says or doesn’t say. Nobody stops to think maybe she said exactly what she meant. If true, then conventional analysis is blinded to transparency, inspite of Palin’s record of actions bucking the crooks in Alaska.

Those who can negotiate the labyrinth may be satisfied on the birth issue, but many reasonable people are not. One doesn’t need to be a birther or other fanatic to be perturbed. That is what I got from Palin’s statement. The source of discontent is not Palin; it is the mendacity of The One.

The Constitution entitles us to clarity we did not get. Palin’s statement may rub analytical geniuses the wrong way, but she remains in sync with Main Street sentiments and her statement was not extreme.

Feedie on December 4, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I love Sarah

royzer on December 4, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Lets play the 6 degrees of separation here, and I don’t need 6 to get to my point.

I’m pretty sure hotair has featured Pam Geller’s articles (Atlas Shrugged.) I know the “boss” Michelle Malkin has, see here.

And Pam is a birther.

I’d say we’ve got some hypocracy going on right here.

njpat on December 4, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Hening on December 4, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Funny thing about that, I had to provide a true and certified copy of my BC to join the Army, get married, and apply for a passport.

HMMMMMMM, Obooboo never joined any military branch. The county where he got married would have required one. I heard a rumor he took a trip to Pock-ee-stahn. He would have had a passport then wouldn’t he? IIRC the state department stores passport applications.

over to you.

Blacksmith8 on December 4, 2009 at 9:48 PM

anuts on December 4, 2009 at 7:55 PM

How many is “many”? I don’t think that number is as large as you think it is.

Jim Treacher on December 4, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Paris Hilton? Perez Hilton? Mussolini? LOL

voxpopuli on December 4, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Your heroes?

Johan Klaus on December 4, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Mr. President Obama, please release your birth certificate. You sir, are the problem. Not the quote “Birthers”, or Sarah, or me, or anyone else. It is you. Do the right thing, release the certificate.

spen52 on December 4, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Whoa. First of all, why would it be an accusation? And if you’re not, just say so. No big deal either way.

voxpopuli on December 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Sounds like we’ve got a touchy subject here!

Jim Treacher on December 4, 2009 at 10:04 PM

voxpopuli on December 4, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Yeah, we saw it the first 10 times. It means whatever you need it to mean at that particular moment.

Jim Treacher on December 4, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Treach, you’re an idiot.

dakine on December 4, 2009 at 12:06 PM

That might hurt if it wasn’t coming from you.

Jim Treacher on December 4, 2009 at 12:19 PM

LOL. dakine “knows” Treacher is an “idiot” because he works with smart people!

atheling on December 4, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Let me play out that 6 degrees of separation further. If Michelle Malkin runs this website and uses Pam Geller’s quotes and Pam Geller is crazy because she’s a “birther” what does that make Allah and Ed? Crazier?

Any answers on that?

njpat on December 4, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Wow, this is like a dream for AP, isn’t it? Could there possibly be anything more explosive than combining Sarah Palin and birtherism in one thread? It’s Christmas, three weeks early. ;o)

That said, I’m with smokinjoe upthread: Not about to read 22 pages of comments, and this has probably already been stated, but I’ll say it anyway. I don’t question that Obama is a U.S. citizen because his mother was a citizen and that alone is enough. Unless he renounced it somewhere along the line, he’s still a citizen. There is a question that perhaps he has dual citizenship however, and that ought to be investigated, tho a birth certificate wouldn’t aid in that. The trouble I have with all of this is, why won’t he just produce the thing? If you have nothing to hide, there shouldn’t be a problem, right? But we effectively know nothing about this guy, and rather than settle this particular issue once and for all by producing the document, he lets it rock on. I think all Palin is saying is, if he would just do like she has done and provided the evidence the public has been asking to see — and rightfully so because we have a right to know these things about our elected leaders — then the whole thing would probably peter out save for a few hardcore crackpots. This seems like a perfectly reasonable position to me.

NoLeftTurn on December 4, 2009 at 10:25 PM

ReneePA on December 4, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Yes freaks. He needs more deerhunters from Pennsyltucky to make americuh great.

simplesimon on December 4, 2009 at 10:26 PM

voxpopuli on December 4, 2009 at 9:07 PM

In other words, a Democrat.

chunderroad on December 4, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Just curious,
has the Kenyi-Hawaii,Indonesi-Islami, Poxistani-medrassi, KaliForni-Harlemi, Harvardi-Chitcagi, aka Barry-Soetoro-Barraki-Husseini-Obiwankanobi, finally released his long form Birth Certificate?

Sarah Smiles!

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on December 4, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Yes freaks. He needs more deerhunters from Pennsyltucky to make americuh great.

simplesimon on December 4, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Two out of five Democrats won’t vote in the midterms or the 2012 election. Good thing the bitter clingers are onto him; they’ll be voting against him this time instead of staying home or reluctantly pulling the lever. Angelina Jolie called it… one term President, and then America can be great once more instead of damned by Jug Ears and his America-hating base.

chunderroad on December 4, 2009 at 10:31 PM

On Watch on December 4, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Possible reasons he won’t…

a. father is Frank Marshall Davis
b. religion is Muslim
c. ethnicity is caucasian
d. born in Kenya

chunderroad on December 4, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Wow 22 pages. I don’t think I have the stomach to weed through all of that, but I do have a few ideas to throw out there.

First of all, I don’t think the Billary machine would have let things slide if there were no birth certificate or some proof of US citizenship.

So why spend all of the money in legal fees to lock all of these documents down? As an aside here, I’ll be very PISSED if there is any taxpayer money being spent for legal fees in these cases, when the solution needed to throw the case out is usually simple production of the documents.

My trust in anything of what this man does long ago went asymptotic to 0, so there must be some kind of reason.

Several come to mind.

First of all, look at what a lovely distraction this was (and continues to be) from issues that could have cost him the election, like the radio interview when he was in the IL legislature talking about how the Warren court didn’t handle real issues like redistribution of wealth. It was out there, but the birther thing provided a cover for the foolhardy.

Secondly, it is entirely possible that there is something that would be embarrassing, but not disqualifying. He has built his persona around being the son of a Kenyan, and to me, he sure as heck doesn’t look much like his father. Just to play devils advocate, what if he is listed as having a different father on the Birth Certificate? Embarrassing, but not disqualifying. It would be extremely arrogant to feel like this needed protection,but look who I’m talking about.

Now, I’m sure there will be the ensuing attack where some call me a moron, but the reality remains.

Marine_Bio on December 4, 2009 at 10:35 PM

a. father is Frank Marshall Davis

chunderroad on December 4, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Ah, thats the name I couldn’t remember. Doesn’t look a whole lot like him either, but it is physically a more plausible possibility.

Marine_Bio on December 4, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Well, what do you expect from two beta males who work for an Alpha Female?

Right: No balls.

sanantonian on December 4, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Exactly how I took it, too.

Then again, she IS man enough to take it….unlike The Once.

Mutnodjmet on December 4, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Yes freaks. He needs more deerhunters from Pennsyltucky to make americuh great.
simplesimon on December 4, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Is that the 56th or 57th state, Deb?

kingsjester on December 4, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Link above didn’t work…here it is.

njpat on December 4, 2009 at 10:51 PM

NoLeftTurn on December 4, 2009 at 10:25 PM

You could have the doctor who delivered him, nurse who assisted, and floor orderly on duty swear before congress and produce a forensically tested birth certificate, and photo of his mom in Hawaii the day of the birth (with a newspaper clearly showing date in background) and the birthers would claim it was all a fraud and “betcha by golly wow, doggonet the electorate has a right to just ask questions”

You will never stop.

Bradky on December 4, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Celebrity and Pop culture is what got us Obama in the WH. See how well that worked out?

scalleywag on December 4, 2009 at 11:05 AM

I beg to differ – deceit and denial is what got us Obama in the WH. Sarah wasn’t allowed to attack his bona fides as any kind of bipartisan/centrist darling. The media didn’t vet him at all. Obama the unicorn rider is what the MSM gave us, McCain had only good things to say about his respected colleague, and the result was a lot of feel-good voting for a man who knows little more than political back-scratching [ed. how's that Hopenchange working' for ya?] Shame on those RINOs who deluded themselves into voting for him.

Those of us who haven’t lost our minds out here understand that he is a dangerous man to be leading our country, especially when we’re at war. He doesn’t WANT the private sector to grow – it’s the antithesis of everything he believes. And this is the guy holding a job summit.

This redefines irony. Sooner or later the bullsh%t must stop. Certainly by 2012 when he gets voted out. Some of you guys may be right that SP could never beat him today because of the peculiar effect she has on people who prefer elites to plain-speaking Americans of achievement. A lot can happen in a year or two, though.

You know, Kerry and Bush had to release all kinds of records. Barry is like Mister Mystery. We know he goofed off in college – he’s admitted as much. Were his grades worse than Bush’s? Inquiring minds want to know about this intellectual giant who some consider “the smartest man in the world.”

Excusez-moi while I look down my nose at him.

disa on December 4, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Bradky on December 4, 2009 at 11:17 PM

All you have to do is check Stanley Ann’s passport records. Where was she when he was born?

disa on December 4, 2009 at 11:58 PM

You will never stop.

Bradky on December 4, 2009 at 11:17 PM

A flat out lie.

Let 0bama release his vault birth certificate, if there’s nothing wrong with it, the matter will die exactly at that point.

If a few carry on, then you can call them whatever names you like. In the meantime, it’s a legitimate request and should be treated as such.

Rebar on December 5, 2009 at 12:09 AM

NoLeftTurn on December 4, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Lemme guess. Never read the Constitution, huh? Henry Kissinger is a citizen. Arnold Schwarzenegger is a citizen. Neither are eligible to be President. Any idea why? (Please, no help from the studio audience) It has nothing to do with the possibility of dual citizenship.

Fed45 on December 5, 2009 at 3:04 AM

Real Americans are comedy gold. The Kenyan Devil thanks you for entertaining us all!

simplesimon on December 5, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Someone clone her. I want a copy.

johnnyU on December 5, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Yes freaks. He needs more deerhunters from Pennsyltucky to make americuh great.
simplesimon on December 4, 2009 at 10:26 PM

My wife and I took our children, when they were younger, to see Punxsutawney Phil. We had a great time. Definitely God, Country and Mom’s apple pie. That being said, Simplesimon, I would suggest NOT going there on Feb 2nd and making your above declaration. My guess is by is by Feb 4th or 5th CSI would be sifting through groundhog turds looking for your DNA.

imadds on December 5, 2009 at 9:40 AM

What I have not yet to be able to figure out is why there is so much focus on where Obama was born and why there has not been more attention to where Stanley Ann Dunham was just prior to or on the day of Barack Obama’s birth and the same for Barack Obama Sr.

technopeasant on December 5, 2009 at 9:45 AM

simplesimon on December 5, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Deb, someday you’re going to have an original thought. I want to be there when you do.

kingsjester on December 5, 2009 at 10:11 AM

imadds on December 5, 2009 at 9:40 AM

I’m sure that Pennsyltucky is rocking in February, but I think I’ll pass. Please send my regards though.

simplesimon on December 5, 2009 at 10:27 AM

simplesimon on December 5, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Hiding in the basement is much safer.

imadds on December 5, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Amazing how liberals can’t get anything accomplished even when they control all of government. Instead of actually accomplishing something they waste time addressing non-issues and attacking private citizens. Epic failure is apparently the sum total of their lot in life.

ray on December 5, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Well, now that the thread’s dead, it got me thinking. I’ve read hundreds of threads and read tens of thousands of comments on Obama’s hiding all of his documentation.

I have two original thoughts here that I have not read anywhere. Not saying they make any sense, but they are two fresh angles that can be thought about for the mental exercise:

1. It rings a big bell with me when McCain’s and Trig Palin’s birth certificates magically out of nowhere become objects of contention. It’s weird how this seems to have been happening for awhile – example -”Bush lied” -”Bush stole the election” – “Republicans intimidated voters.” All of these are strange to me because in each instance, they were false, but the DEMOCRATS WERE doing it. It’s like when they know they’re going to try and pull one over on the public, they set it up by anticipating the hue and cry, and using the magic mirror of lies to preemptively shine it on the Republicans. Almost like a cloaking device.

Does anyone see how, when you back way off, how McCain’s and Trig’s birth certificates, freely revealed, are the subject, and Obama’s which is conspicuous and oddly hidden, become cloaked and a verboten topic? Did the Dems anticipate how they were going to hide Obama’s problems and purposely involve McCain and Trig as a counterbalance to render the Obama problem neutral? After all, the educational system has been training students to enagage in moral relativism, and to give credit to each side. What better way to render the argument a 50/50 push, in the minds of many, and render the verdict a tie, and thus ignored?

2. Everyone looks at the Obama long-form birth certificate and hospital problem from 1961 forward. Why not think of it 2009 back? Example:

Given that every sentient voter has at least heard of the birth certificate issue, and given that Obama is a polarizing issue, does it not seem logical that at least one doctor or nurse who was there at his birth would have come forward to talk, and to confirm or deny Obama’s story? If not, we draw three conclusions:

1. No one there in 1961 remembers the birth because it was long ago.

2. All attending medical staff are now dead or mentally incapacitated or in a home with no access to news.

3. Obama was not born in (one of the two hospitals) he said he was.

So: #1: Here are two reasons why I would think someone would possibly remember – 1. The mother’s name was Stanley. A simple oddity, but slightly memorable. 2. It has been said b y many parties that Obama’s mother did visit Kenya, but returned to Hawaii before the birth. If so, wouldn’t the mother or grandmother have mentioned that she had been in Kenya, as a health advisory to the staff – wouldn’t they have at least mentioned it, in case she had any illness, or at least in passing as small-talk before the baby was born?

#2 – If the doctor is dead then it should be terribly hard to find out what doctors worked at the hospital in 1961, and find out how many and which ones survive. The survivors either didn’t birth Obama or don’t remember.

#3 – Who knows? This is why people want to see the long form. It would have been signed by a doctor. Then the details could be checked with the doctor, if living and mentally clear, to see if all were in order. End of story once it was shown not to have been forged sometime in the last few years, to enable the “clean, articulate” candidate to run for Prez..

Why go through all this with a fine-tooth comb? Because if Obama were NOT born in Hawaii -if he was issued one of the “Courtesy” birth certificates that were given to quite a few babies either not born in a hospital at all, or who were foreign-born babies whose mothers signed a simple, non-verifiable affidavit at the time to preserve their foreign-born babies’ American heritage (if I were the mother, I would have been very tempted to sign a false affidavit that Barry was born in Hawaii – not Kenya!), then by statute, a foreign birth to 17-year-old American mother by a non-American father makes Obama NOT a natural-born citizen, and therefore ineligible to be president.

This is why the issue won’t die – because the original long forn shows much more info. AND, if Obama was not born in a hospital, the affidavit signed by his mother should exist somewhere. Yes, Hawaii did this. Repeat – they gave birth certificates to babies not born in a hospital, or born abroad, simply on the say-so of the mother. That is why the lack of a doctor’s signature on Obama’s birth certificate opens up a huge can of worms.

Well, there it is – two different thoughts. Do with them what you will. I’m just honestly trying to parse the issue, and so calling me names is not productive.

cane_loader on December 5, 2009 at 10:57 AM

chunderroad on December 4, 2009 at 10:31 PM

We don’t hate america, just WT america.

simplesimon on December 5, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Oops, I did use “preview,” but….

#2 – If the doctor is dead then it should NOT be terribly hard to find out what doctors worked at the hospital in 1961, and find out how many and which ones survive.

I also forgot to make the point:

If Obama does not have a doctor’s signature on his long form, then it makes him a huge liar because he has named 2 different (or is it 3? I’m not THAT up to speed) hospitals of birth.

A question for all who laugh at those with questions:

What would you said if it was shown that Obama was NOT born in any of the hospitals he said he was, and had been lying to the public this whole time? Seriously, what would you think?

A last thought – I find it strange that in one of his autobiographies he makes a point of writing about finding his birth certificate tucked inside an old book. Why would he even mention it?

cane_loader on December 5, 2009 at 11:04 AM

UncleZeb on December 4, 2009 at 7:39 PM

No, it is not just you…This is the only issue we can get Obama on. He will never be impeached…But, if we could prove he wasn’t even born in this country, which I believe he was not, we could kick him out of office.

theaddora on December 5, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Any way, I’m not going to go on an on. Many folks have done that already. I just think….. that there is something on that origanl birth certificate that opens a huge can of worms for Obama.

This is by far the simplest and most logical explanation for spending so much money and effort to hide it.

I find the idea that he’s just trying to spin up the right wing to make them look like fools too far-fetched. If there’s nothing wrong with the birth certificate, I don’t see how that idea to play with part of the voting public would even enter Obama’s head.

Occam’s Razor, for me.

cane_loader on December 5, 2009 at 11:08 AM

I seem to have missed a monster thread…

Here’s the thing. The Birthers are right.

Whoah, easy there! Put away the tar and feathers and let me explain.

Barack Obama has done nothing wrong in this regard (although he’s done nearly everything else wrong). However, the Birther contingent has proven that the bar for officially vetting the eligibility for our highest office is set way too low.

Personally I don’t believe that Obama is ineligible, but if he were, would we have any way of finding out? Apparently not.

ElectricPhase on December 5, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Last thought, I promise. And even if Obama truly were not eligible, I think that now that the election’s done, the issue would just die, if Obama had governed from the center as he has seemed to say.

It’s because the man is tearing apart America – acting like a pissed-off punk swinging a baseball bat inside a china shop, that’s it’s really important. If the smoking gun on Obama is so obvious that he’s obviously not eligible, then yes, I’d like to see him removed, riots be damned. A tree can survive scorching in a fire much better than when someone is swinging at the trunk with an ax.

If the details are finally dug up and they are inconclusive then, yes, let’s drop the birth certificate stuff and kick his ass in 2012.

Over and out

cane_loader on December 5, 2009 at 11:13 AM

chunderroad on December 4, 2009 at 10:31 PM
We don’t hate america, just WT america.
simplesimon on December 5, 2009 at 10:59 AM

what’s “WT” mean?

Sonosam on December 5, 2009 at 11:18 AM

You could have but we don’t have any of that except a newspaper ad that some reports say was placed by the birth registrar’s office and some by the hospital. Which was it ?

Since Hawaii allowed births to be registered by someone attesting to the birth rather than the filing of a statement of live birth signed by the delivering doctor, if the ad was placed by the former it means nothing. So what is your point? You just made a strong case for the release of the original birth certificate.

My theory is that it hasn’t been released because it wasn’t signed by the delivering doctor. If someone has a definitive article proving that the newspaper ad was placed by the hospital I would appreciate it if you would post a link. It seems to me that issue was investigated as effectively as the theory of AGW.

Basilsbest on December 5, 2009 at 11:20 AM

what’s “WT” mean?

Sonosam on December 5, 2009 at 11:18 AM

simon thinks he’s being funny. WT would mean white trash.

Don’t forget to ask simon next time you see him about immigrants. He favors an open immigration policy so liberals can pay cheap wages and make lots of money. He doesn’t really dislike or hate Americans … he just likes money more.

Oh yeah … ask him how his nut waxing business is doing. He recently expanded and is running a nut waxing sweat shop in NYC.

He’s making a fortune! All those metrosexuals getting their nuts waxed and paying illegals just enough to buy beer and smokes!

That simon … he’s quite the businessman!

darwin on December 5, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Basilsbest,

Thanks for your on-point, concise and non-emotional comments.

Yes, I have read all 22 pages of this thread!!!

Maybe there are thousands of comments because there really is an issue.

Question, is the thread this long because of the issue itself, or because Sarah Palin mentioned it? Or is this a cumulative effect?!

I would lay $50 that there is no doctor’s signature or that if there is (and the father, religion, etc. are all innocuous), that it’s a recent forgery done to allow Obama to run for president.

I guess if Obama were to finally release his long form with a flourish, the only way to lay this to rest would be to find a volunteer born in the same week/month or so in the same hospital, have that volunteer’s long form pulled, and have a panel of court-appointed forgery experts examine them. I don’t see any other way to definitely put this issue to rest.

But, contrary to what the anti-birthers say, most “birthers” DO have a standard of proof that would end this. To say it would go on infinitely is a lie. The only one who can drag this out infinitely is Barack Obama.

cane_loader on December 5, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Just for the exercise, I’m going to focus on the mechanics here. How would a forgery get into Hawaiian records? It would have to be a small conspiracy, or it would likely be revealed by now.

1. Identify someone working in the records bureau who could be approached and bought, just before Obama’s “coming out” for president. I guess this would take either a political fellow traveler, or a HUGE bribe & blood oath that would ensure silence. So, that takes someone(s) to identify the bribee, and a bribee.

2. Get the original vault copy from the bribee and bring it to a top-notch forger. This requires someone to pick the forger, and the forger him/herself.

3. Have the forger do a great job. A good forger would have many sources to complete the job, including getting or faking vintage paper and making a fake seal-stamper. It’s not as hard as one thinks to have a engraver make a seal-stamper. So now the engraver know’s he/she is making some sort of fake Hawaiian seal. That adds another person.

4. All of this takes some shadowy person/people who want to elect Obama and have a lot of money. Obviously there are many candidates.

5. Have the bribee at the Bureau slip the fake vault copy back into the records.

6. Possible complicating factor – if the vault copy also exists in microfilm and/or electronic form, this complicates things a lot, or leaves a discrepancy that could be found, if no one cross-checked all copies. This is actually the most difficult part of the whole operation, and involves 2-3 more people, likely including a hacker!!

So – unless point 6 is in play- we involve in this conspiracy – let’s count ‘em:

Barack Obama, 1-2 shadowy backers, 2-3 “mechanics” who know how to find the bribe target at the bureau and how to find the forger (probably this adds 2 more people), the bribee, possibly one more bribee at the Bureau to enable the first bribee.

You’re looking at a conspiracy of about 8-10 people.

With enough cash and skill, I think this is eminently doable.

Add point 6 – the need to rectify all records, then you add maybe 2-3 more people and a lot more risk of getting caught electronically.

So a more difficult and risky conspiracy of 10-13 people.

So, in sum, we have a conspiracy of 8-10 to only alter the paper copy, easier to do and conceal, leaving discrepancies between paper, microfilm and electronic records.

Or, a more difficult conspiracy of 10-13 people that leaves a cleaner trail, but more risk of getting caught while doing it.

With enough money, I think that it is doable to have that many people bought/sworn to silence, and doable, with luck, to pull it off cleanly.

All of the preceding is only predicated on Obama suddenly and suspiciously releasing the long form.

This was just an intellectual exercise in trying to focus on the mechanics of the issue, rather than the polemics.

cane_loader on December 5, 2009 at 11:53 AM

We don’t hate america, just WT america.

simplesimon on December 5, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Obowma: We are five days away from us fundementally transforming America.

dthorny on December 5, 2009 at 11:56 AM

You and I need out official birth certificate to get a driver’s license – to get a passport. But NOT the Messiah. He doesn’t. All he has to do to stop this controversy is pick up the phone and tell the nit wit in Hawaii to release his official record of birth. End of story. He doesn’t do it because he’s hiding something – he is a liar. And nothing this jerk Marxist has ever said of done is the truth. Why in the world would the nit wits who run Hot Air believe Obama over someone like Sarah Palin. This cite is way too lefty for my tastes. The One is an enemy of the U.S. and everything he does, and everything he says is a lie. End of story.

Cinday Blackburn on December 5, 2009 at 12:03 PM

We don’t hate america, just WT america.

simplesimon on December 5, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Well that’s pretty typical. Children often hate and rebel against those who are superior to them.

ronnyraygun on December 5, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Who was it a while ago that was trying to tell me Sarah Palin wasn’t an intellectual lightweight? See exhibit A in the case of Palin’s intellectual credentials: buying into ridiculous conspiracy theories.

ernesto on December 5, 2009 at 12:08 PM

AP is a jerk. He uses this same picture of Sarah Palin each and every time he criticizes her which, of course, is every time he gets a chance.

rlwo2008 on December 5, 2009 at 12:12 PM

ernesto on December 5, 2009 at 12:08 PM

How many records of Obama’s past have you seen? Come on, count them and reveal them.

rlwo2008 on December 5, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Palin dominates the leftists; which is more of a reflection of how easy they are to dominate than anything else. The leftists have accomplished nothing for this country, and will be devastated in 2010 and 2012. It’s fun watching them squirm and flop about while they go down.

ray on December 5, 2009 at 12:20 PM

When you back way off, do we know ANYTHING about the first couple? This is not normal for the president.

We always in the past have gotten stories from teachers, the old neighbor, his first girlfriend, college buddies laughing about when they did a panty-raid on the sorority house, a photo of the prez with sideburns and a disco shirt, etc., etc.

Seriously, is anyone else sensing the total vacuum surrounding Obama? I’m not even trying to use it as evidence of anything -I’m just curious! I want to know stories about his past so I get a better sense of him as a human – like did his roommate say he snored a lot! Did he ever have a roommate? What kind of car did Barack drive? Did he ever have a wreck? Did he ever change his own oil? Did he ever go to Lake Havasu for Spring Break? Did he like oysters?

This is really, really, REALLY weird.

It’s like we had a president beamed down from a space ship.

IS THERE ANYONE IN AMERICA WHO REMEMBERS BARACK OBAMA???????

Please speak up…..