Palin: Obama’s birth certificate is fair game; Update: Transcript added; Update: Palin responds

posted at 10:44 pm on December 3, 2009 by Allahpundit

At 7:45, your quote of the day. Something for (almost) everyone here: For the left, smoking-gun proof that she’s a fringe character, and for Birthers, smoking-gun proof that their concerns are mainstream. As for righties like me and Ed (and Glenn Beck) who think this particular science is well settled, tomorrow should be a fun media day.

I wonder if she realized when she said this that it’s going to follow her around.

Update: Some people are commenting that they can’t load the clip, so here’s a transcript.

Would you make the birth certificate an issue if you ran?

I think the public, rightfully, is still making it an issue. I don’t have a problem with that. I don’t know if I would have to bother to make it an issue ’cause I think there are enough members of the electorate who still want answers.

Do you think it’s a fair question to be looking at?

I think it’s a fair question, just like I think past associations and past voting record — all of that is fair game. You know, I’ve got to tell you, too: I think our campaign, the McCain/Palin campaign didn’t do a good enough job in that area. We didn’t call out Obama and some of his associates on their records and what their beliefs were and perhaps what their future plans were. And I don’t think that that was fair to voters to not have done our jobs as candidates and as a campaign to bring to light a lot of the things that now we’re seeing made manifest in the administration.

I mean, truly, if your past is fair game and your kids are fair game, certainly Obama’s past should be. I mean, we want to treat men and women equally, right?

Hey, you know, that’s a great point, in that weird conspiracy-theory freaky thing that people talk about that Trig isn’t my real son. And a lot of people say, “Well you need to produce his birth certificate! You need to prove that he’s your kid!” Which we have done. But yeah, so maybe we could reverse that and use the same [unintelligible]-type thinking on them.

Update (Ed Morrissey): Late last night, Palin responded on her Facebook page in a post called “Stupid Conspiracy Theories”:

Voters have every right to ask candidates for information if they so choose. I’ve pointed out that it was seemingly fair game during the 2008 election for many on the left to badger my doctor and lawyer for proof that Trig is in fact my child. Conspiracy-minded reporters and voters had a right to ask… which they have repeatedly. But at no point – not during the campaign, and not during recent interviews – have I asked the president to produce his birth certificate or suggested that he was not born in the United States.

Well, the best way not to get tagged as a Birther is to refrain from saying that people are “rightfully making it an issue” and that the only reason that she would avoid doing that herself is because “there are enough members of the electorate who still want answers.” It’s the same thing as Truthers saying that all they’re doing is “asking questions.” The answers have already been provided; they just reject them because they’re married to their conspiracies.

I think Palin just discovered the First Rule of Blogs: Don’t feed the trolls.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 15 16 17 18 19 23

The “Truthers” are out in full force. I must say, there are as many of them as there are “Birthers.”

It’s rather fun to watch, truth be told. Conspiracy thinking Day!

AnninCA on December 4, 2009 at 11:00 AM

She’s alot of things but lame is not one of them.

Amadeus on December 4, 2009 at 10:55 AM
——
the she clown fence sits
won’t say he’s American
backseat birther girl

Dave Rywall on December 4, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Why are you so ashamed of a Republican celebrity? Why do you use “gravitas” and “issues” as fronts designed to help you get through some issue you have with “celebrity” and “pop culture?”

BradSchwartze on December 4, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Because I don’t think she would make a good president means that I’m ashamed, really? That’s a stretch. I’m not ashamed of Palin at all. I’m proud of her accomplishments. She’s a brave, down to earth, conservative woman. I don’t like her for president. I’m proud of John McCain. I wanted him to win. Do I want him to run again? No. Does that mean I’m ashamed of him? Hell no. I don’t know where you even came up with that. I don’t watch Beck because he’s annoying to me. I watch O’Reilly but sometimes I have to turn him off because he talks over people. I haven’t listened to Limbaugh in years. I like him, but I work when he’s on the air. I read about what he says. Not embarrased by any of those folks either, but I don’t want any of them to be president. I want them to talk about things.

scalleywag on December 4, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Q: Why did Palin cross the road?

A: She didn’t. She got halfway across, then quit!

HAW HAW HAW HAW

voxpopuli on December 4, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Let’s be honest about the state of the American intellect, friends.

I would venture to guess that a large percentage of people who truthfully don’t believe Obama was born in the United States also don’t necessarily think such a thing would disqualify someone from becoming president.

There’s so much talk of his childhood abroad that it wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of these people are just, well, confused.

rightheaded on December 4, 2009 at 10:56 AM

More to the point is the secrecy behind the records. Why not show college transcripts, high school grades, medical records…WHAT does he have to hide as THE MOST TRANSPARENT ADMINSTRATION IN HISTORY? WHY has he spent $1.5 million to hide his records?

dthorny on December 4, 2009 at 11:04 AM

It sounds like she is just feeding the trolls…. LOL

jeffn21 on December 4, 2009 at 11:04 AM

— and Birthers will use it as proof that their concerns are mainstream enough that even Sarah Palin will defend their right to pursue them. Which they will. I didn’t say she was a Birther.

Allahpundit on December 4, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Admit, if you’re honest, that YOU antagonize legitimate and scholarly research targeting Obama, and enable Obama’s cloak of silence shrouding his life history. Consider well your own hypocrisy, calling Palin’s comment “coy”. You can’t label scientific scholarship “birtherism” without proving your own sophisticated ignorance. Falling back on an uneducated person’s impression from sensationalized headline (‘Obama doesn’t have a birth certificate’)at a town hall does not excuse your own smear campaign to whip your readers into submissive mode for fear of being ridiculed a birther for allowing their intellectual curiosity to study further. ‘Obama doesn’t have a birth certificate’ is the qualifying statement upon which you based the “birther” ridicule, leaving your rants stuck on stupid ever since.

I notice that you target conservatives with statements that they make, such as Fred Thompson’s view regarding Afghanistan given Potus Obama, without your own background study to understand the contextual argument. That’s lazy and ugly. Your readers would be fascinated to learn; you could profit as much producing better journalism. But it’s so much easier to fall back on the same old same old habits of catching a buzz word, producing your own zit, and launching an attack. Reflecting the so-called metromale, you seem to lack that grain of salt necessary to prove relevance in the jaded sea. There is no claim to fame remaining just another juvenile as you age without growing up to maturity, choosing to play Peter Pan to Michelle’s Wendy. You can’t measure up to the story’s original character; and as you age over the years, you’ll find yourself becoming more like Capt. Hook than a good man if you remain the smart @ss saboteur playing Lord of the Flies.

maverick muse on December 4, 2009 at 11:04 AM

voxpopuli on December 4, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Voxignoramus strikes again.

kingsjester on December 4, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Obama may be an American by birth, but he is not an American in heart, thought or deed. He shows way to much hatred and contempt to be an American. He is truly historic as he is the first anti-American President.

Sporty1946 on December 4, 2009 at 11:05 AM

rightheaded on December 4, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Yep. We’re so confused that we even think his education in Indonesia and having a Muslim father (whom he so admired even though he was an intractable alcoholic and womanizer) may even account for his being more Muslim than Christian.

Nalea on December 4, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Celebrity and Pop culture is what got us Obama in the WH. See how well that worked out?

scalleywag on December 4, 2009 at 11:05 AM

But, but, where is the wall-to-wall coverage of this on all the media outlets that the Palin haters here predicted last night??? I mean, her career is surely over, right? /sarc

I mean, come on, not even a mention on Drudge??

The only impact of this is that it has shown us that certain Romney/Pawlenty/Daniels supporters have no problems jumping in bed with libtard trolls when it comes to Palin.

I will remember that when the 2012 primary rolls around.

Norwegian on December 4, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Code Pink, Michael Moore, Ralph Nader are the equivalent to the nutty Republican fringe. The Democrats do not cater to the Code Pink wing of the party, however the GOP is being taken over by the Limbaugh win in a hostile takeover.

Decider on December 4, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Really, Douchey McDoucherson? Do Limbaugh, Beck, etc. get the best seats at the RNC? Do they get invited to the SOTU? Just shut up you turd. I know, I know, you people only exist to lower the discourse and I’m just feeding you, but sometimes I can’t help it. That said, I am still curious who pays you people. You swarm YouTube, Digg, etc. by the tens of thousands day in and day out, and despite how many unemployed and uninformed idiot college kids there are out there, they can’t possibly account for the massive campaign we see all over the internet.

RightWinged on December 4, 2009 at 11:07 AM

SouthernDem on December 4, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Nope. 9/11 carried out by the Federal Government would require several hundred Federal Employees as part of the conspiracy, who would know they were part of the conspiracy when the attacks took place and who remain silent. It requires a tremendous suspension of disbelief to accept Trooferist Conspiracy Theories.

NTSB Investigators, Medical Examiners, CIA Agents, FBI Agents, local and state LEOs, FAA Flight Traffic Controllers, Military operations and others. Hundreds at a minimum.

The Birther CT does not require more than one man to carry out, it would require people on his staff to be on the know.

Holger on December 4, 2009 at 11:08 AM

maverick muse on December 4, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Epic.

portlandon on December 4, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Never thought I would see Hot Air become a full blown conspiracy site.

Apparently it’s really popular to believe Palin is not the mother of her child.

tetriskid on December 4, 2009 at 11:08 AM

voxpopuli on December 4, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Dude. You and Rywall could be the next comedy team in the vein of Dahmer & Bundy.

LibTired on December 4, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Hey Allah, How come you or Ed or Michelle haven’t inquired of any of the 57 states Secretaries of State why they were not checking ID at the door? Why has no one asked them?

BL@KBIRD on December 4, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Orrrrr….. he exposes crazy fringe Palinists, Versus serious minded conservatism that keeps the personalities separate from the politcs.

Cult followings are troubling on bothsides… and they do no favors for otherwise acceptable candidates like Palin. the cult following is a turn off.

petunia on December 4, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Cult? when did supporters become a cult? nothing like straw men arguement

unseen on December 4, 2009 at 11:10 AM

if what sarah palin said about birtherism doesn’t demolish her credibilty, then why is this thread 17 pages long with palin fans pleading her case?

eh on December 4, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Actually, it’s pretty much like I predicted. It’s just another Palin story on Huffington Post. Her statement sort of took the wind out of the story’s sails.

They run at least 3 stories daily over there. So this one isn’t any more rabid than the others.

The only thing that is different is that the Truthers are out. And the Alaskan bloggers, who are posting link after link of their garbage stories.

It’ll be over faster than most think.

AnninCA on December 4, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Speaking of “Conspiracy Theories,” I have to tweak the mods a bit.

allahpundit posted this article last night, and Ed noted Sarah’s response “late last night” in his morning update.

Palin’s facebook post was at 10:16 PM according to the timestamp I’m looking at. Did allahpundit have an early bedtime, or just didn’t want to shut down the comment torrent midstream?

Hmmmmm.

(No I haven’t read the 10+ pages of comments posted since I was on here last night, may have been addressed already).

cs89 on December 4, 2009 at 11:13 AM

portlandon on December 4, 2009 at 11:08 AM

LOL/Danke

maverick muse on December 4, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Hey has anyone seen Palin’s birth certificate? Is Alaska really a state?

Decider on December 4, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Uh, she wasn’t born in Alaska, genius.

KittyLowrey on December 4, 2009 at 11:14 AM

As someone who hasn’t followed the birth certificate issue, I thought her response was perfectly pitched and reasonable. Could someone please explain why it wasn’t, based on the facts?

rrpjr on December 4, 2009 at 11:14 AM

unseen on December 4, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Must be the buzzword in her circle.

maverick muse on December 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Speaking of “Conspiracy Theories,” I have to tweak the mods a bit.

Hmmmmm.

cs89 on December 4, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Oh fer cripes sake.

JetBoy on December 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I don’t know why I didn’t think if this before, but Palin has said she doesn’t care what anonymous bloggers (that would be our own Allahpundit) write about her. She said if they are not willing to sign their name to their work, she ignores them.

BigD on December 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Decider on December 4, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Thats a lie.CodePinkers were getting into congressional hearings,etc,constantly…they were given passes to get in by democrat congessman.And lets be serious,Obama and his allies/pets in the media ARE hiding his past.Compare that to the media swarming Alaska,going thru every record they could on the Palin family,digging though her garbage and being vile enough to offer I-pods,cash,etc,to her daughters schoolmates to dig up anything embarassing.Yet we cant even see Obama’s-the smartest man evaaa- grades,transcripts,twho paid his way through school,etc

theTarCzar on December 4, 2009 at 11:16 AM

KittyLowrey – Try not to feed that moby – he/it has proven to be a race-baiting troll.

Sporty1946 on December 4, 2009 at 11:17 AM

JetBoy on December 4, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I have to respond to this. By law in most states, the appropriate person to see the proof of age and place of birth is whoever in the party certifies the name for placement on the ballot. For the democrats that would be Nancy Pelosi. Joe Sandler, the lawyer arguing much of the eligibility issue in court and the attorney for the DNC, has publicly stated that since the DNC is not a government body it cannot get access to the vital records either.

IOW, the DNC “certified” a guy who refused to let them see his documents. If I remember correctly, Farmland just a couple years ago got in big trouble because they hired meat-cutters without seeing proper documentation. The DNC would entrust the presidency to someone who couldn’t cut meat in a factory.

Furthermore, the Hawaii Democratic Party changed their entire protocol regarding their certification of nomination in order to NOT HAVE TO SAY that Obama is eligible – most likely because William H. Gilardy, their usual attorney in past years, was Ann Dunham’s lawyer in the Dunham-Soetoro divorce and has probably seen Obama’s original birth certificate.

The DNC had to make a different Certification of Nomination for Hawaii only, a day after the HDP had signed a certification without its usual certification of eligibility. The DNC submitted all the documents to the Hawaii Office of Elections via mail, though in the past the HDP had hand-delivered their cert – including certification of eligibility – about a month after the DNC convention, totally independent of the DNC. The HDP refuses to say who called for the statement of eligibility to be removed from their standard certification in 2008, refuses to say whether they have a secretary who types it up each time, refuses to say whether it was approved by an attorney…. etc. They were downright mad when I even asked them the questions.

For Gilardy (or any other attorney) to urge somebody to sign a statement saying he was eligible if he KNEW him not to be eligible (which would only happen if Obama was actually born somewhere else, not old enough, or had renounced US citizenship as an adult) would be a crime with the same weight as perjury, according to Hawaii statutes.

Mark Schatz, Obama’s campaign manager in Hawaii, was the HDP chairman who signed the HDP certification of nomination. He spent a year in Kenya and was most probably there at the same time that Barak and Michelle went to Kenya to visit the family before they got married.

I should correct something here. I said earlier that Hawaii DOH officials inviting public officials to rely on the Factcheck cert, which they knew to be forged, would be a Class B felony. That particular act would only be a misdemeanor. But if the DOH through their statements have ENDORSED the documents they knew were forgeries it would be the Class B felony of perjury.

So when AP and others say that the Hawaii DOH has confirmed the Factcheck and FTS COLB’s as genuine they are arguing that both Okubo and Fukino at the DOH are actually guilty of a Class B felony.

justincase on December 4, 2009 at 11:18 AM

if what sarah palin said about birtherism doesn’t did demolish her credibilty, then why is this thread 17 pages long with palin fans pleading her case? palin haters desperately trying to make the case that it did?
eh on December 4, 2009 at 11:10 AM

FIFY

Norwegian on December 4, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Thanks Allah – this story is all over the place and it is legitimate news.

By tomorrow she will be so done…

AprilOrit on December 4, 2009 at 1:31 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

~pause for breath~

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

KittyLowrey on December 4, 2009 at 11:21 AM

petunia on December 4, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Keep using that crutch, Petunia. Can’t let the Mushy Moderates see your fear of emotion and personality. There’s a hypocrisy involved in that, but I’m not sure where.

BradSchwartze on December 4, 2009 at 11:21 AM

For arguments sake: Obama’s grandma was thrilled to see him elected – just as thrilled as she was to have been present at his birth at the hospital in Kenya

The real question is what is going on that requires this big of a smokescreen and coverup? The real story is elsewhere IMO.

gatorboy on December 4, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Men lie, women lie, numbers don’t.

AprilOrit on December 4, 2009 at 2:52 AM

there are 3 types of lies:
lies
damned lies
and statistics

mrfixit on December 4, 2009 at 11:22 AM

rrpjr on December 4, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I believe the facts are,
1. Allah does not like Palin
2. Any thread with Palin in it pulls a lot of comments
3. Sarah made a statement about “Birther’s” on a page entitle Stupid conspiracy theories.

I think that is about it

Guest1.1 on December 4, 2009 at 11:22 AM

I mean, come on, not even a mention on Drudge??

I will remember that when the 2012 primary rolls around.

Norwegian on December 4, 2009 at 11:06 AM
———
deluded bloggers think
they represent bazillions
no. only themselves

Dave Rywall on December 4, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Fact is, every American of voting age has had to produce an actual birth certificate multiple times, for far more mundane reasons than qualifying for the presidency.

That he won’t, whether he’s actually hiding something, or more likely due to some elitist attitude that he doesn’t have to follow the rules, only hurts 0bama and the democrat party. He ran as a “hopeandchange” man of the people, now he’s been exposed as an elitist snob, and a rather effete one at that.

Producing a birth certificate on demand is, for 99.99% of Americans, No Big Deal, that he won’t do it is at the very least odd. Asking for it won’t cost the republicans a single vote, not producing one will cost 0bama at least some.

Rebar on December 4, 2009 at 11:23 AM

It was stupid of her to answer the question the way she did when asked. What she should have said is what she wrote on her Facebook page. Her answer is going to come back to bite her over and over again.

OscarSchneegans on December 4, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Hot Air: Where crazy conspiracies are ok… just as long as they involve Palin’s reproductive parts.

tetriskid on December 4, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Oh fer cripes sake.

JetBoy on December 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Did you miss this part?

I have to tweak the mods a bit.

cs89 on December 4, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Dave Rywall on December 4, 2009 at 11:22 AM

And isn’t it sad
That your comments
represent no one

Sporty1946 on December 4, 2009 at 11:25 AM

justincase on December 4, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Interesting points…if all are true.

But bottom line is, the COLB is the legal document of birth for the state of Hawaii. Not the long form. And we’ve all seen that.

So any point about the long form is moot anyway.

JetBoy on December 4, 2009 at 11:27 AM

maverick muse on December 4, 2009 at 11:04 AM

why is it important to you that allahpundit take you seriously?

if the editorial position of this website is that birtherism is cranky nutbag crap and you’re a birther, then why do you presume that your birther views are owed anything here? why do you presume that you belong on this site at all?

eh on December 4, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Sporty1946 on December 4, 2009 at 11:05 AM

EXACTLY! EVERYTHING THIS PIG DOES IS UNNATURAL AND UNAMERICAN!!!! EVERYTHING! EVERY GODDAMN THING THIS SCUMBAG DOES!!!!!! AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, HE WAS BORN ON ANOTHER PLANET THE WAY HE TREATS THE HISTORY AND TRADITIONS OF THIS COUNTRY AS WELL AS THE CITIZENS OF IT WHO DARE DISAGREE WITH HIM FOR TRYING TO PERVERSLY TWIST IT! WHAT GOES THROUGH YOUR GOD DAMN BRAIN WHEN YOU KNOW HE HAS SPENT LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY TO SEAL SOMETHING THAT THE AVERAGE AMERICAN HAS TO PRODUCE TO BASICALLY BUY A F-CKING HEAD OF LETTUCE AT THE GROCERY STORE?!? WHAT GOES THROUGH YOU MIND KNOWING THIS PIG HAS NOT SHOWN HIS MEDICAL RECORDS OR HIS COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS, ETC. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, WHAT GOES THROUGH YOUR BRAIN KNOWING THAT HE HAS ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH IT? THAT NOBODY IS CHALLENGING IT SERIOUSLY, AND THOSE THAT DO ARE MOCKED AND RIDICULED ENDLESSLY. ARE WE F-CKING ASKING ABOUT UFO’S AND ALIENS FROM OUTER SPACE???? I DON’T THINK SO! SO THIS IS WHAT AMERICA HAS BECOME, HUH? YOU LET IMPORTANT THINGS SLIDE WHEN IT COMES TO A BLACK PERSON. WHY? BECAUSE THERE WAS SLAVERY AT ONE POINT? SO NOW BLACK PEOPLE CAN DO AND SAY AND GET AWAY WITH BLOODY MURDER BASICALLY. GOD F-CKING FORBID WE HOLD A BLACK MAN ACCOUNTABLE FOR EVERYTHING ANYONE ELSE WOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR. THIS JUST SICKENS ME. AND DON’T YOU FORGET HOW JACK RYAN’S DIVORCE PAPERS WERE UNSEALED TO UNSEAT HIS ASS TO ALLOW THIS PIG TO GET WHERE HE IS TODAY. BUT THAT’S OK, ISN’T IT? YOU LEMMINGS MAKE ME SICK TO MY STOMACH FOR DEFENDING THIS A–HOLE’S RIGHT TO KEEP HIS RECORDS PRIVATE. HE’S THE F-CKING PRESIDENT OF AMERICA, NOT THE MANAGER OF YOUR LOCAL MCDONALD’S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghoul aid on December 4, 2009 at 11:28 AM

And here’s Chris Muir’s apparent take on the “transparency” issue:

cs89 on December 4, 2009 at 11:32 AM

gatorboy on December 4, 2009 at 11:22 AM

One of the conspiracy theories is that he used to be a CIA agent.

Michelle Dubois on December 4, 2009 at 11:32 AM

hmm. can’t you just smell the cool-headed rationality of that all-caps, bolded, no paragraphs rant?

eh on December 4, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Gee, can’t understand why…

JetBoy on December 4, 2009 at 11:33 AM

eh on December 4, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Pleading her case? that’s rich. what is this the 30th time Palin has been said to be finished? LOL

It is nice on these threads to see who is who. Jetboy switched to Palin last month now he had another conversion. funny fairweather supporter that he is.

Then you have the Palin haters come out of the woodwork at any mention of a mistake. Yet these people are quite as a mouse during her whirlwind book tour that sold +1,000,000 books in 14 days.

Then you have bloggers like Allah that can not help themselves when it comes to this type of story and destroys any and all pretense of objectivity IRT to Palin that they might have tried to build up over the last 7 months.

No we are not pleading her case. We are simply pointing out that Palin’s haters say more about Palin then you can possibly understand.

The fringe appears from my POV the people that claim they are moderate. You all soooo want to paint Palin and her supporters as the “fringe” because you know deep down inside you and the rest of the haters are really the small minority in the country. You know you have the liberal hard left and the quasi-socialists on the dem side. And the conservatives base (the Palin supporters) on the right And then there is you and rest of the Palin haters in the small minority of the “middle” ground” The RINO’s that don’t want to be lumped into the socialist camp but also are too afraid to embrace conservatism. The small “fringe” that can not really agree what they are and have no core principles.

It is you all that are so scared of being tarred with having to make a choice and defend your principles because you small minority of Haters really have none.

unseen on December 4, 2009 at 11:34 AM

People keep complaining that Palin needs to be more of a policy wonk yet when she DOES make her policies/opinions known, that info is overlooked for the more sensational topics. :::sigh:::

Kirin on December 4, 2009 at 6:58 AM

You got that right. That’s why I call Allahpundit the Oprah Winfrey of the Blogosphere. All fluff, no content.

He patently ignores anything of substance from Palin – note that he never posts anything that she writes from Facebook on policy or serious issues? He posts silly, overblown, peripheral issues, which makes him a crappy journalist.

Lately he’s taken to posting innuendo about Angelina Jolie’s political opinions. No actual quotes from her, but just anonymous “Hollywood Insider” rumors.

He’d qualify for National Inquirer well enough, but he really drags down the standard for Hot Air.

atheling on December 4, 2009 at 11:34 AM

AND FURHTERMORE, IF THERE IS NOTHING ON HIS BC AND OBAMA KNOWS THIS AND IS WAITING TO SHOW IT SOMEDAY TO EMBARRASS PEOPLE IT JUST SHOWS AND PROVES ONCE AGAIN WHAT A PETTY, SMALL “MAN” HE REALLY TRULY IS! SO, HE HAS TIME ON HIS F-CKING HANDS TO PLAY GAMES WITH THIS WHILE SHOVING HIS ENTIRE HAND UP HIS ASS FOR MONTHS TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO IN AFGHANISTAN WHILE OUR SOLDIERS DIE!

Ghoul aid on December 4, 2009 at 11:34 AM

you don’t get it.

you acknowledge the existence of a leftwing bias, yes?

what that bias means is that when a progressive uses fire on a conservative, it is successfully recorded as proportionate response to a universal threat. when a conservative uses fire on a progressive, it is recorded as an unprovoked holocaust directed at defensless, doe-eyed orphans.

conservatives don’t “overcome” bias by pretending it doesn’t exist. conservatives only get burned by “fighting fire with fire.” you can’t “punch through” bias by applying more fire than the other guy. using more fire than the other guy only burns the right that much more.

eh on December 4, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Your theory has been tried by Bush43 and has been shown as wanting. If you don’t fight back, the assumption is, fair or not, that there is at least some merit to the allegations being made against you.

There is no “Jedi mind trick” that can have the same ultimate effect.

Nat Hound on December 4, 2009 at 11:35 AM

gatorboy on December 4, 2009 at 11:22 AM

I’d bet on it.

MikeA on December 4, 2009 at 11:35 AM

lol!

eh on December 4, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Her answer is going to come back to bite her over and over again.

OscarSchneegans on December 4, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Yeah, I was really taken aback by the immense media coverage of this today. This story surely has legs /sarc

Norwegian on December 4, 2009 at 11:35 AM

justincase on December 4, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Interesting stuff… but… could it be that the Dems in Hawaii didn’t sign off on eligability because they knew about the Dual Citizen problem? ie, that a Dual citizen is not a “Natural Born” citizen under the definition in use when the Constitution was ratified?

I think that is what he is trying to hide… that is the real problem. Hawaii has a long history of Dual Citizen issues stemming from their Kingdom status, and so this issue could very well be in the “worldview” of a Lawyer from Hawaii.

Romeo13 on December 4, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Whoa! That was a VERY sensitive nerve I touched there, Ghoul. You want some Novacaine? Sorry to get your BP so high.

Sporty1946 on December 4, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Really as simple as:

A) I was born in Kenya
B) My dad is not my dad
C) I’m an elitist snob and your rules don’t apply to me
D) I’m on break from the ‘V’ mothership
E) Other

If other, please provide a full explanation _______

gatorboy on December 4, 2009 at 11:42 AM

So any point about the long form is moot anyway.

JetBoy on December 4, 2009 at 11:27 AM

But IT IS NOT PROOF OF BIRTH **IN** HAWAII.

It’s just proof they know someone was born. As in, was birthed.

They issue those Certs. for people born anywhere, everywhere, upon request, with an example of this as Obama’s half-sister, born in Indonesia, having also received the very same document from the state of Hawaii that Obama alleges he has (while a graphic file of whatever was posted by Obama on his website, as also on Kos’ site by whomever, just a graphic file, which is not an original EVEN OF a Certificate of Birth — remains a graphic file only).

Hawaii issues the Cert. of Birth upon request, payment of a filing fee and a signature on a form as to the the form’s contents being what applicant says the facts are.

Like I said, Obama’s half-sister, born in Indonesia, has a Certificate of Birth from the State of Hawaii. So does the founder of China’s Communist Party.

Lourdes on December 4, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Sporty1946 on December 4, 2009 at 11:37 AM

i can get a little heated when ignorant starbuck coffee drinking, wal-mart shopping liberal fleabags elect marxist frauds to be president and then happily sit on traffic cones while America circles the sewer drain.

Ghoul aid on December 4, 2009 at 11:44 AM

All Republicans are not racist but all racists are Republican. The Birther issue and the words of “scared”, “angry”, “outraged”, etc are not strictly based on politics.

Decider on December 4, 2009 at 2:10 AM

You are a disgusting, hatemongering liar.

You and your “scary Negro” rhetoric (along with other rantings) are an unmitigated disgrace.

That is the last I will ever address your shun-worthy way.

KittyLowrey on December 4, 2009 at 11:45 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

KittyLowrey on December 4, 2009 at 11:21 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Allah’s too David Brooks to be seen with Sarah!

Obviously no one was planning something devious and evil when Obama was born. That doesn’t change the fact that this phony jerk is OBVIOUSLY hiding mucho info from his past that every other president made available without a God damn fuss (Bill’s meds excepted; we all know why)…

1. Where he was born.

2. His Columbia U. records.

3. Who paid for his college ed?

4. What the hell he was “organizing” and with who?

Normal Americans play by the rules. They read that the Pres is supposed to be a natural born citizen. They want to know the nitwits making all the rules they follow are obeying the laws themselves.

Why is that beneath Allah’s concern?

rcl on December 4, 2009 at 11:46 AM

You know Hot Air has gone to pot when Ed and Allah only have the brain dead leftist trolls on their side. Shame. Used to be a good site. I doubt they’ve suddenly swung that far left, so attacking Palin must be to gin up visitors and comments. Pretty sad when you’ve got to cannibalize others on the Right to put food on the table.

chicagojedi on December 4, 2009 at 11:47 AM

She steps in it, then she tries to spin it and you get mad at me. Wonderful. I say again: If you don’t like my posts, you’re free not to read them.

Allahpundit on December 4, 2009 at 8:27 AM

That goes for critical comments as well, doesn’t it? But hey, you’ve got Grow Fins in your corner. That’s something.

So, okay, kids: Saying she has no problem with people not accepting Ed & AP’s assurances that There’s Nothing to See Here, that’s “stepping in it.” Don’t get mad at them when she, uh, “spins.”

Jim Treacher on December 4, 2009 at 11:47 AM

But IT IS NOT PROOF OF BIRTH **IN** HAWAII.

Well, I believe it is.

Either way, no matter what anyone…me, you, anyone…believes about the COLB, again…it is THE LEGAL DOCUMENT for Hawaii.

Not the long form.

The COLB.

And that’s that.

JetBoy on December 4, 2009 at 11:47 AM

The COLB is what is referred to in the Admin Rules a “certified abbreviated copy”. And BTW, in order to change the rules to disallow paper copies they have to go through an elaborate amendment process including notice of public hearings. Onaka’s office, as well as the lieutenant governor’s office, as well as every state legislator in Hawaii refuses to answer the question of when the DOH ever did that before changing their policy in mid-June of this year. None of them will even answer the question. No response. Zilch. Nada. They think by ignoring it, it will go away.

The COLB is a computer print-out based on what has been inputted when the original paper documents were transferred into electronic format. Hawaii isn’t using the CDC’s recommended standard forms for 2003 – probably because the money issue for sharing info with the feds hasn’t been resolved yet – but they do take part in the EVVE, which requires standard formats for data entry. And their Admin Rules actually say that their forms need to comply with the federal norms.

The federal norm is that there is to be a “void flag” to show whether the record is considered valid for evidentiary purposes. Certificates that were registered late or have been amended through something other than a court order are not considered valid for evidentiary purposes. Anything the DOH prints out for either a delayed/late or amended record must not have the prima facie language. In addition, amendments must be noted on the certificate and late/delayed certificates have to include a note of what evidence was offered for the claims made.

The Hawaii DOH has responded to official UIPA requests (Hawaii’s version of FOIA) by confirming that Obama’s birth certificate is amended and also qualifies to be called a “Certificate of Hawaiian Birth”, which could be because it was filed at least a year after the birth (not likely since the DOH has also said they had records for Obama’s birth by Aug 8, 1961) OR because it was filed by a local registrar on the testimony of somebody besides the parents but the local registrar was not able to document enough information to complete the certificate within the required timeframe.

So what the DOH has OFFICIALLY said about the records doesn’t look good for Obama AT ALL. Since the Administrative Rules have been posted publicly as required by law and we are able to see what the amendment and COHB statements actually mean, the DOH is not answering any requests for any information – not even index data which is specifically required to be public information. They also have included both “yes” and “no” in their UIPA responses for about the last 2 months so as to not actually answer the requests they are required by law to answer.

The most probable scenario, given the answers they HAVE given, is that Madelyn Dunham registered the birth with a local registrar a few days after the birth BECAUSE NEITHER ANN NOR BARACK WERE AVAILABLE IN HAWAII TO DO SO THEMSELVES, and then the local registrar was unable to get all of the required information in order to complete the certificate by the deadline. So the birth certificate was labelled “delayed”. Sometime an amendment was made to it as well.

What we know for sure: Both the Factcheck and FTS COLB’s are forgeries because they contain the prima facie language and don’t contain note of the amendment or the delayed status. That is according to what the DOH has OFFICIALLY STATED regarding the records they have.

justincase on December 4, 2009 at 11:48 AM

KittyLowrey on December 4, 2009 at 11:45 AM

I tried to warn you about this moby.

Sporty1946 on December 4, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Most likely Harvard is hiding Zero’s grades because those are obviously inflated not because those are lousy. Once he was let in on something certainly besides merit they had to make him look legitimate. The same happens for set-aside and quota employees in government every moment of every day.

I suspect Zero’s original birth certificate has been hidden because the space where his father’s name would be is probably a question mark or “Mr. Rolling Stone” or something politically awkward such as “transient Kenyan.”

Sarah must be having fun pushing the buttons of the usual tired Lefties who kept telling us, and now are begging us, to believe that she’s finished. Nineteen track-backs and what will be at least a few thousand posts indicates the exact opposite.

viking01 on December 4, 2009 at 11:49 AM

these comments are why
GOP’s in the crapper
you all sound insane

Dave Rywall on December 4, 2009 at 11:49 AM

gatorboy on December 4, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Simple… Obama is a Lawyer. He knows the Law turns on technicalities.

His Father was a British Commonwealth Citizen at the time of his birth… this is not in doubt or debate.

The ONLY definition by the Supreme Court that speaks to the issue of the “Natural Born Citizen” clause, says that the ONLY definition which is NOT in doubt (their phrasing) is being born on American Soil of American Citizen Parents… which can easily be read to mean that all other definitions ARE in doubt.

Ergo, there is DOUBT that he is qualified as a Natural Born Citizen… so ANY question surrounding his birth must be kept out of the Court System at all costs, as someone “might” bring up the issue.

Romeo13 on December 4, 2009 at 11:49 AM

We’ve still got all of 2010 to go as far as Palin building up her credentials for any 2012 run.

That said, she needs to improve the quality of her advisers and/or realize that with all the other crap going on around the Obama Administration, she doesn’t have to pander to the angriest anti-Barack crowd by tossing them the reddest of red meat. Stick to health care, cap & trade, U.S. foreign policy, energy policy, etc., if you want to take shots at the president. There’s more than enough material there to last the next 35 months.

jon1979 on December 4, 2009 at 11:49 AM

rrpjr on December 4, 2009 at 11:14 AM

HotAir appears to have an official position that repudiates anything to do with Obama’s upbringing is if the reference in any way requires verification of his origin.

Perhaps Malkin feels that her credibility exposing Obama’s corrupt administration requires castigating as irrelevant what is otherwise the very relevant research, data and documents of all matters prior to his political career that would better inform the public as to whom we are dealing with in our White House. What to do with the information is the question that these pundits who berate birthers should ponder. But many choose comfort instead. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil regarding Obama’s birth. Conveniently ignore intelligently organized grounds for Obama’s impeachment that would rock the boat of mainstream acceptability.

No, I did not just imply that Obama will be impeached over his birth circumstances. But if he is, good. Meanwhile, standing aside, wringing hands over corruption here and corruption there sells books but doesn’t stop Obama’s agenda. But it does promote a specialty anti-corruption career that is obligated to thorough scholarship, a matter which is contingent upon absolute CONSISTENCY to be valid. Whereas, censorship is censorship.

All things considered, given the HotAir stance as the official position, if Obama’s birth certificate is off limits, then quit posting threads on the topic.

maverick muse on December 4, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Allah was embarrassed by the “Death Panel” remarks too wasn’t he.

He’s a pussy.

Sarah won big time on that.

rcl on December 4, 2009 at 11:50 AM

chicagojedi on December 4, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Is it too early for Scotch?

Here we go again with “you’re a leftist troll if you don’t fall to your knees at the feet of Saint Sarah of Wasila and laud her praise” stuff.

JetBoy on December 4, 2009 at 11:50 AM

eh, why do you presume that you belong on this site at all?

maverick muse on December 4, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Ghoul aid on December 4, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Not exactly my choice of words, but precisely how I feel. He is above the law after all. John McCain was MADE to produce his BC and HE DID, but he’s a pig for not demanding Osama produce his!!!

DanaSmiles on December 4, 2009 at 11:51 AM

…starbuck coffee drinking, wal-mart shopping…

hmm. you’ve witnessed this new “populitist” hybrid of late-sipping, walmart shopping liberals. i see your concern. time to “fight fire with fire”:

LOREM IPSUM DOLOR SIT AMET, CONSECTETUER ADIPISCING ELIT, SED DIAM NONUMMY NIBH EUISMOD TINCIDUNT UT LAOREET DOLORE MAGNA ALIQUAM ERAT VOLUTPAT. UT WISI ENIM AD MINIM VENIAM, QUIS NOSTRUD EXERCI TATION ULLAMCORPER SUSCIPIT LOBORTIS NISL UT ALIQUIP EX EA COMMODO CONSEQUAT. DUIS AUTEM VEL EUM IRIURE DOLOR IN HENDRERIT IN VULPUTATE VELIT ESSE MOLESTIE CONSEQUAT, VEL ILLUM DOLORE EU FEUGIAT NULLA FACILISIS AT VERO EROS ET ACCUMSAN ET IUSTO ODIO DIGNISSIM QUI BLANDIT PRAESENT LUPTATUM ZZRIL DELENIT AUGUE DUIS DOLORE TE FEUGAIT NULLA FACILISI. NAM LIBER TEMPOR CUM SOLUTA NOBIS ELEIFEND OPTION CONGUE NIHIL IMPERDIET DOMING ID QUOD MAZIM PLACERAT FACER POSSIM ASSUM. TYPI NON HABENT CLARITATEM INSITAM; EST USUS LEGENTIS IN IIS QUI FACIT EORUM CLARITATEM. INVESTIGATIONES DEMONSTRAVERUNT LECTORES LEGERE ME LIUS QUOD II LEGUNT SAEPIUS. CLARITAS EST ETIAM PROCESSUS DYNAMICUS, QUI SEQUITUR MUTATIONEM CONSUETUDIUM LECTORUM. MIRUM EST NOTARE QUAM LITTERA GOTHICA, QUAM NUNC PUTAMUS PARUM CLARAM, ANTEPOSUERIT LITTERARUM FORMAS HUMANITATIS PER SEACULA QUARTA DECIMA ET QUINTA DECIMA. EODEM MODO TYPI, QUI NUNC NOBIS VIDENTUR PARUM CLARI, FIANT SOLLEMNES IN FUTURUM.

eh on December 4, 2009 at 11:52 AM

I said the left will use this as proof that she’s a fringe character — which they will

Allahpundit on December 4, 2009 at 8:53 AM

If she said she likes bacon for breakfast, the left would use that as proof she hates cops. Worrying about how the left will lie about you is a mug’s game.

Jim Treacher on December 4, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Obama was born in the United States, but has the heart of a European Socialist.

That is all.

portlandon on December 4, 2009 at 11:53 AM

you all sound insane

Dave Rywall on December 4, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Explain to us what sounds sane to the insane then, please?

Sporty1946 on December 4, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Allahpundit on December 4, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Sounds like Allah is frustrated. I guess the left-leaning MSM did not find this “she steps in it”-meme as substantial as Allah hoped it would.

Oh well. Maybe he can find some other dirt on Palin today. Keep digging.

Norwegian on December 4, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Worrying about how the left will lie about you is a mug’s game.

Jim Treacher on December 4, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Touché!

maverick muse on December 4, 2009 at 11:53 AM

So, the “wisdon” here is that Obama, as a born dual citizen, meets the clear constitutional requirment of being a ‘natural born citizen’, even in the face of statements by the founders… and the guy who wrote the 14th amendment… and the SUPREME COURT?

All of whom said that the ONLY clear standard for Natural born was Born on American Soil, OF American Citizen Parents?

I guess I am too much of an origionalist to understand why this is NOT somthing which should be looked at.

Romeo13 on December 3, 2009 at 11:16 PM

AMEN! That is truly the question. What if our next “dual citizenship” president is an Iranian?

mrsmwp on December 4, 2009 at 11:53 AM

SouthernGent on December 4, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Google “stickeehands” and “Hot Air” and you’ll see that I’ve posted on here before. Google StickeeNotes and you’ll see that I’m not prone to criticizing conservatives.

Stickeehands on December 4, 2009 at 11:55 AM

these comments are why
GOP’s in the crapper
you all sound insane

Dave Rywall on December 4, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Once a person is identified as a Birther with the talk of the “…but the constitution…and…etc” they are no longer taken seriously. Birthers should realize by now that Obama is not going to turn the national anthem into “Feel Good” by James Brown or put Al Sharpton as VP. My guess is Birthers are people who do not personally know a Black person so they are afraid of the unknown. I doubt there are many Black people in Alaska so Palin qualifies in this category.

When I hear a Birther I start to wonder what the next conspiracy theory will be. That Obama want to turn the world over to the Lizard people by 2012? I can just see that as a Drudge headline and echoed by Rush Limbaugh.

Decider on December 4, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Ghoul aid on December 4, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Well said!

mrsmwp on December 4, 2009 at 11:56 AM

JetBoy on December 4, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Are you this ignorant or just being obtuse? His freaking sister (who says she was born in Indonesia) ALSO has one of these cracker jack prizes, does that make her natural born too?

DanaSmiles on December 4, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Allahpundit on December 4, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Jim Treacher on December 4, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Yes . . . and from her absymal track record at public relations/public perception, it appears you could be spokesperson, JT.

Confess — it was you behind that turkey thing, wasn’t it?

voxpopuli on December 4, 2009 at 11:57 AM

JetBoy on December 4, 2009 at 11:50 AM

It’s about a 60/40 split. The people who whine about Allah & Ed’s posts can simply NOT read HotAir, or argue their points without personal attacks (except on Drywall,Blitzer,Crr, trolls). This whole blow up is much to do about NOTHING.

portlandon on December 4, 2009 at 11:57 AM

maverick muse on December 4, 2009 at 11:51 AM

i know you are but what am i?

seriously. why do you post here? do you realize what an idiot you look like when you go to a blog you don’t like and tell the blogger “stop posting on your own blog”?

eh on December 4, 2009 at 11:57 AM

mrsmwp on December 4, 2009 at 11:53 AM

As if we can afford to ignore this unprecedented precedent revise for the worse.

maverick muse on December 4, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Decider on December 4, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Hmmm… really? So I guess my X sister in law (Black) would not count… nor my 2 Neices and my Nephew… nor the HUNDREDS of Black men and women I served with in the Navy… some of whom are STILL good friends?

You paint with WAY too broad of a brush… and are a Bigot to categorize people the way you do.

Romeo13 on December 4, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Actually, the bigger “soft” story of the day is still Rogers and WH.

Gibbs just can’t chop the head off of that snake, for some reason.

The Palin story is, as I thought it might turn out, blending into the umpteen other stories where bloggers try to exaggerate and people just come out like clockwork, repeat their stance, and that’s that.

She didn’t harm herself on this. She got out a clarifying statement fast enough. It was not the smartest response, but that’s the value of being on this book tour, too. You have to learn, and nothing beats experience.

The split between the blog and posters seems to me to be reflecting the obvious split in the party, too. A lot of traditional GOP are not polling well at all. They aren’t in much better shape than some of the Dems.

I do wonder why all Palin stories here are spun as negatively as on progressive blogs, but I guess that the Dem big-tent actually is bigger on that score.

The interesting question to me? What if Palin should win the primary? Will the traditional GOP vote Dem, then?

That’ll be fun to watch.

AnninCA on December 4, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I like turkey!

Sporty1946 on December 4, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Now she asks for Obama’s certificate because “aw shucks I proved trig is mine”.

Bradky on December 4, 2009 at 6:28 AM

You lie.

KittyLowrey on December 4, 2009 at 12:00 PM

viking01 on December 4, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Why are you bothering with this? Sarah Palin called this conspiracy “stupid.”

voxpopuli on December 4, 2009 at 12:00 PM