Dem senator: I don’t recall anyone comparing Bush to Hitler

posted at 10:01 pm on December 3, 2009 by Allahpundit

I don’t think this guy’s spinning. Too many people know the truth and too much evidence is available online for him to deliberately lie and think he could get away with it. Either he, like Gibbs, was in some sort of coma for most of the last decade or else the sheer dynamic magic of Hopenchange really does have them convinced that history started on January 20, 2009. Every religion follows a calendar that began with the appearance of its oracle. No difference here, really.

Even so, given a choice between this guy and the guy he beat, it’s a wash at best. Click the image to listen.

whitehouse

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Dumb. F*ck.

nukemhill on December 3, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Facts and reality are a liberal’s weakness.

Enoxo on December 3, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Wow, Mr Whitehorse has quite the lisp.

Oh, and he is a pathetic, dirty, lying weasel who can’t be trusted to tell you the time.

18-1 on December 3, 2009 at 10:05 PM

I dont remember getting a tax bill. Guess I dont have to pay.

faol on December 3, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Which I’ll add is a slight improvement over his predecessor.

18-1 on December 3, 2009 at 10:05 PM

I believe that Sheldon is utterly unaware of the Bush/Hitler name calling, puppetry, poems, historical “facts” e-mail forwards and posters.

I really do.

myrenovations on December 3, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Maybe he meant the OTHER president Bush, non? You mean to tell me that there was a second one? I can’t remember anything before January of this year.

robblefarian on December 3, 2009 at 10:05 PM

the sewer state

rob verdi on December 3, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Bull!

coldwarrior on December 3, 2009 at 10:06 PM

He was one of the three to vote AGAINST the Partial Birth Abortion Ban. What an a$$hole! ANOTHER Democrap in RINO clothing…no loss to the party!

lovingmyUSA on December 3, 2009 at 10:06 PM

…was in some sort of coma for most of the last decade…

Coma: Cash Orchestrated Memory Appropriation.

You’re welcome.

Doorgunner on December 3, 2009 at 10:06 PM

….and what’s with this 9/11 thing I keep hearing from the far right ? Who is this Osama person ? I don’t recall any attacks !

/Sen. WhiteOut

cableguy615 on December 3, 2009 at 10:06 PM

And I thought he only looked stupid.

ThePrez on December 3, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Whitehouse. Whitehouse. Hmmmm…I wonder if his family makes Whitehouse vinegar that’s sold at least down here in the South.

SouthernGent on December 3, 2009 at 10:07 PM

“Because we want to reform healthcare.”

Remember when it was just about covering the un-insured?

Marcus on December 3, 2009 at 10:08 PM

sing it with me now…

We all live in a yellow submarine
a yellow submarine
a yellow submarine

We all live in a yellow submarine

mctowler on December 3, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Oh my Senator is a tool.

Don’t blame me, I didn’t vote for him.

CrankyTRex on December 3, 2009 at 10:09 PM

You lie.

txag92 on December 3, 2009 at 10:09 PM

my last post makes just about as much sense as this guy does!

mctowler on December 3, 2009 at 10:09 PM

I once heard Chafee at a Senate hearing and I thought he was being facetious with his line of questioning but then I realized he was the biggest imbecile in a room filled with imbeciles.

I didn’t think he could be trumped until now, its somehow fitting that Rhode Islanders chose to replace their august moron with one greater.

elduende on December 3, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Indeed.

AUINSC on December 3, 2009 at 10:10 PM

my last post makes just about as much sense as this guy does!

mctowler on December 3, 2009 at 10:09 PM

To be fair, at least Ringo was entertaining in his crazy songs!

cableguy615 on December 3, 2009 at 10:11 PM

The North East is weird. Some creepy politicians up there.

therightwinger on December 3, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Robert Baghdad Gibbs
Socialist Sheldon White Lie house
How pathetic is this waste of carbon air?

hawkman on December 3, 2009 at 10:12 PM

ANOTHER Democrap in RINO clothing…no loss to the party!

huh?

bernzright777 on December 3, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Every religion follows a calendar that began with the appearance of its oracle.

That’s true in general, but not for every religion. Judaism’s main prophet was Moses, but our calendar starts thousands of years earlier, with the creation.

bgoldman on December 3, 2009 at 10:13 PM

No, no. That’s sloppy. Some religions have an oracle that is prophesied! That, obviously, pre-dates the oracle.

Now, Obama told us (when in Germany) that no one could forseen his presidency and his speech on the anniversary of the Berlin Wall coming down.

This religion follows a calendar that began with the appearance of it’s oracle. Though, liberalism has long required compelling personality to carry it’s noxious agenda.

Spirit of 1776 on December 3, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Every religion follows a calendar that began with the appearance of its oracle.

All this time I thought AP was being stupid about religion. It turns out he’s just ignorant.

Knott Buyinit on December 3, 2009 at 10:13 PM

And we got one in the White House just like him…

d1carter on December 3, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Dem senator: I don’t recall anyone comparing Bush to Hitler

How cute
Even this turd doesn’t watch MSNBC

macncheez on December 3, 2009 at 10:15 PM

“I dooon’t belieeeeve anyone evah portrayed President Boosh with a mooostaaache.”

Trying to add a cultural flair to his language, ala “Pockeestahn”.

Bishop on December 3, 2009 at 10:16 PM

I wanna slam his head into a monitor with Zombietime on it, to educate him, and enormous amount of pain he needs to remedy that idiocy in his brain

thebrokenrattle on December 3, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Oy. Cut AP some slack. He could soften the statement with Most. Point is taken.

John the Libertarian on December 3, 2009 at 10:16 PM

I was thinking of Abraham.

Abraham, Jesus, Mohammed. Maybe we’re defining “oracle” differently. In any case, not really the point of this post.

Allahpundit on December 3, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Don’t recall, huh???

I guess if everyone flooded his email with links to the youtube clips, posts on the daily kos, WAPO, huffpo,….you get the picture, then it might jar the marbles loose between his ears.

belad on December 3, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Maybe he was living in alternate universe and only recently crossed over into our dimension. That would explain it.

Terrye on December 3, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Dems are good at playing dumb.

ErinF on December 3, 2009 at 10:19 PM

There was a President before The One? Who knew?

misterpeasea on December 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Yeah that was a dumb.

And yes it was dumb to compare Bush to fascist dictators.

Sooooo why do you guys do it with Obama? The outrage here seems a bit contrived does it not?

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Not so much. He’s more of an idiot than a liar. But if you think he’s bad, you should see my Congresscritter.

Pablo on December 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM

I haven’t compared him to any dictators.

Allahpundit on December 3, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Yeah, its a wash

titus_pullo on December 3, 2009 at 10:21 PM

ErinF on December 3, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Would you buy ‘willfully obtuse’ for a dollar?

Doorgunner on December 3, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Dennis Prager argues that the left has absolutely no self-awareness.

It is odd how they (broad brush strokes, obviously not all) can call people racists or fascists or bigots or selfish or greedy or uncaring and then claim that they’re not judgmental or that they are tolerant of other views.

Very odd.

SteveMG on December 3, 2009 at 10:22 PM

There was a President before The One? Who knew?

misterpeasea on December 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Evidently there was a terrible, horrible, despicable president before Teh One who caused all of the world’s problems and left him with an insurmountable mess. Evidently he is the one who shall not be named.

John the Libertarian on December 3, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Yeah that was a dumb.

And yes it was dumb to compare Bush to fascist dictators.

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Actually, the only lousy head of state I have compared Obama to is Carter. Thus far I have not compared him to Mao or Hitler or Stalin or even Castro…but I do think he has a lot in common with his good buddy Hugo Chavez. They are both egomaniacs with a history of cocaine use and a habit of nationalizing large private institutions.

Terrye on December 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM

… and ‘Man Made Global Climate Change’ is real!

Seven Percent Solution on December 3, 2009 at 10:25 PM

The outrage here seems a bit contrived does it not?

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM

I used to think Obama was a fascist because of his wanton takeover of private industry, which, technically speaking, is accurate. Now, however, I just seem him as an incompetent boob.

John the Libertarian on December 3, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Its all about Revisionist History, pretty soon it will be the USA that started WWII by emposing economic sanctions against the Japs imperial adventures……jeez!

dmann on December 3, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Whitehouse is upset because Obama acts like a fascist so the Hitler mustache really hit home.

ConservativeTony on December 3, 2009 at 10:25 PM

spelling not withstanding…………..

dmann on December 3, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I haven’t compared him to any dictators.

Allahpundit on December 3, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Not overtly no. You just write blog post after blog post fanning the flames (all the children singing Obama songs videos, etc). And then when your commenters make the connection, you throw up your hands in dismay.

Showing a vague distaste for Beck doesn’t really count as distancing yourself from the “Obama’s a fascist!” loons does it?

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:26 PM

The way he says “mustaaache” reminds me of Al Franken portraying Paul Simon(the Senator, not the singer) on SNL and how he’d say “booowtiiiiiie”.

Doughboy on December 3, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Terrye on December 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM

to be fair to Chavez he doesn’t travel around the planet badmouthing his country and he also served his nation in uniform.

elduende on December 3, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Dem senator: I don’t recall anyone comparing Bush to Hitler

Translation: I’m a lying sack.

Translation #2: My head has been stuck in a bodily orifice for the last nine years.

Physics Geek on December 3, 2009 at 10:28 PM

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Typical freaking leftie, you can dish it out but are completely miffed at the very idea of having to take it…so beneath your dignity and all.

Hypocrite.

Terrye on December 3, 2009 at 10:28 PM

And you’re the poster who said “that was what Goebbels did” when the allegation was made that the Bush White House used terror alerts for political gain.

The claim was false. But even if true the Goebbels analogy is absurd.

It trivializes the horrors that the Nazis actually committed. It’s the type of rhetoric that we – left, right and center – should all be against.

SteveMG on December 3, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Every religion follows a calendar that began with the appearance of its oracle.

So the Jewish people, Muslim people and Christian people either follow different calendars or have the same oracle?

Ask a Jewish person, a Muslim person, and a Christian person what date it is today. I’m guessing you’ll get the same answer.

jdp629 on December 3, 2009 at 10:29 PM

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Define fascist for us. Then we can talk about it. Saying someone is a fascist and comparing someone to Hitler are vastly different things as well.

gwelf on December 3, 2009 at 10:29 PM

elduende on December 3, 2009 at 10:27 PM

This is true, and Hugo actually grew up poor rather than just pretending he did so that he could garner support from the masses.

Terrye on December 3, 2009 at 10:30 PM

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Maybe if he didn’t thrust, and point with, that jaw like a 138lb Mussolini when he orates…

Doorgunner on December 3, 2009 at 10:31 PM

gwelf:

Mussolini was a fascist, and also an incompetent boob…maybe we are getting a little closer to the mark here.

Terrye on December 3, 2009 at 10:31 PM

No, sorry, that doesn’t work. Because if that’s true, then every last nutroots douchebag who wrote posts harshly critical of Bush is guilty by association of equating him with Hitler. I don’t accuse Obama of trying to “destroy America” or whatever; on the contrary, I get dumped on for being lightly sarcastic in tone rather than seething with righteous anger and for occasionally defending the guy when I think he deserves it.

You really have some balls throwing that criticism at me, not two days after I agreed with the left that Cheney’s criticism of him was distasteful. Grow up.

Allahpundit on December 3, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Undocumented workers.

Less guns means less crime.

There are no homosexuals in Iran.

Just keep repeating it over, and over, and over…

MadisonConservative on December 3, 2009 at 10:32 PM

He’s lying. If not, he’s oblivious to what’s going on around him. Is he smart enough to hold any public office? No, but then again, we have BO as potus.

Cody1991 on December 3, 2009 at 10:33 PM

jdp629 on December 3, 2009 at 10:29 PM

If you’re old enough, you’ll know it’s Prince spaghetti day in Beantown.

Doorgunner on December 3, 2009 at 10:33 PM

What’s even more of a travesty is that when Whitehouse made the statement, not a single Republican Senator had anything to say about it.

This has got to stop. The dimwits need to be taken to task for what they do and say.

ConservativeTony on December 3, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Dumb. F*ck.

nukemhill on December 3, 2009 at 10:04 PM

/end of thread

nothing else necessary.

Metro on December 3, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Hopey,
Here are a few questions for you:
1>What is your mother’s name?
2>What is your pet’s name?
3>What car/s do you own?

Now the REALLY difficult one if you got through the first 3 right:
4>How many states make up USA?
————–

It’s OK to fail. You are an elected representative.
————–
Rhode Island voters,
How did you elect this guy?

antisocial on December 3, 2009 at 10:35 PM

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM

I agree that Obama should not be compared with Hitler. Hitler was insane. Obama is merely a moronic stooge of the Chicago machine.

Oh, and Hitler had the support of his military.

john1schn on December 3, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Rip Van Winkle

BTW: Here’s my comparison of MackDaddy.

davidk on December 3, 2009 at 10:36 PM

There are no homosexuals in Iran.

Just keep repeating it over, and over, and over…

MadisonConservative on December 3, 2009 at 10:32 PM

It’s true, though. They all moved to Wisconsin. NTTIAWYT.

But not as you need me to tell you that.

Spirit of 1776 on December 3, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Conservative Tony:

The Republican Senators are not responsible for the fact that the man is an idiot, taking him to task would be a waste of time. Anyone this obtuse would just stand there gaping.

I bet you could send him links, and pictures and quotes and all kinds of stuff and his eyes would just glaze over.

Terrye on December 3, 2009 at 10:37 PM

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM

I’m sure you spent the last several years raising the same complaints at sites like HuffPo, myDD, DU, Kos, etc., right?

If not… isn’t it a bit hypocritical complaining that people here do it, but not when your soulmates do it?

malclave on December 3, 2009 at 10:37 PM

By the time the Dems bailout the media and makes them a permanent ward of the State, statements like Sen. Whitehouse’s can be made to be true.

c3ichief on December 3, 2009 at 10:37 PM

But not as you need me to tell you that.

Spirit of 1776 on December 3, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Not after last night, sugar pie. You left your watch on the nightstand. You walking okay?

MadisonConservative on December 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:26 PM

So when Obama and other Democrats were fanning the flames of Bush hatred for years before 2008 and in the run up to the election he/they can be blamed for Bush being called Hitler, burned in effigy and called a war criminal? Good to know.

gwelf on December 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Oh, and Hitler had the support of his military.

john1schn on December 3, 2009 at 10:36 PM

And reduced unemployment.

And got the Olympics.

malclave on December 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Allahpundit on December 3, 2009 at 10:31 PM

I appreciate your relative sanity, but the detached dismay you show towards your own side’s fascism fantasies makes righteous indignation in posts like these feel hollow.

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I think you could compare Obama to Huey Long. A racist, a demagogue, a dishonest politician who spoke a like a populist, divisive, narcissistic….

Terrye on December 3, 2009 at 10:40 PM

malclave on December 3, 2009 at 10:37 PM

I don’t post on nutroot blogs. But I’ve consistently said comparing Bush to Hitler is moronic. I’ve said it on this blog repeatedly. I said it on this bog during Bush’s second term. Search the archives if you must.

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:40 PM

makes righteous indignation in posts like these feel hollow.

Not as hollow as the “that’s what Goebbels did” argument from you.

I mean, clean up your side of the street before talking about somebody else’s yard.

SteveMG on December 3, 2009 at 10:40 PM

The Bush/Hitler comparisons are so widely available that anyone denying them is clearly a NORMAN

Del Dolemonte on December 3, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Who thinks Sen. Whitehouse is going to be receiving some information to fill in his history gaps? Lincoln Chaffee for governor? I can’t even imagine.

Cindy Munford on December 3, 2009 at 10:41 PM

If you’re old enough, you’ll know it’s Prince spaghetti day in Beantown.

Doorgunner on December 3, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Bzzz!

Wednesday is Prince spaghetti day.

davidk on December 3, 2009 at 10:41 PM

We have to DEMAND DRUG TESTING for all senators and congressmen!

I can think of at least 12 more that will not pass.

Freddy on December 3, 2009 at 10:41 PM

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

See this folks?? This is the typical leftie’s response to being called out for bad behavior, he changes the subject and points the finger and tries to make it about someone else.

They are not capable of introspection.

Terrye on December 3, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Anyone post the obligatory Zombietime link yet?

darii on December 3, 2009 at 10:41 PM

He is obviously lying. Modern democrats never tell the truth. They are irredeemable and need to be removed, whatever it takes.

ray on December 3, 2009 at 10:42 PM

…the detached dismay you show towards your own side’s fascism fantasies…

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

…is the same s**t you’ve shown for the last eight years, I gather. Hypocrite.

MadisonConservative on December 3, 2009 at 10:42 PM

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

You’ll be alright and that’s why he is on “our” side.

Cindy Munford on December 3, 2009 at 10:42 PM

your own side’s fascism fantasies

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

“Pure Gold, Jerry!”

Del Dolemonte on December 3, 2009 at 10:42 PM

And reduced unemployment.

And got the Olympics.

malclave on December 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

True dat. But I’m pretty sure “Teh Won” isn’t going to send people to the gas showers.

And Hitler had really ugly hair. Obama has the neat haircut.

john1schn on December 3, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Sooooo why do you guys do it with Obama?

Because he’s an actual, living, breathing, red diaper baby, communist who has embraced authoritarian dictators around the world and instituted fascist economic policies at home.

single stack on December 3, 2009 at 10:43 PM

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Gee, could you rephrase, and re-post once more. Because us delusionals wants to hear your one-note-bleat ones more tie again.

Puke.

Doorgunner on December 3, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Allah, you can’t possibly be serious when you say that you don’t think he’s spinning; since when has something that is demonstrably true prevented a liberal from saying it’s not? I’m stuck with this doofus. He’s a disgrace. Unfortunately, Rhode Island is about as blue as they come (we’ve been electing Patrick Kennedy for 20 years now — it doesn’t get much bluer than that…), so the chances of unseating him pretty are pretty much slim and none. But I can dream, can’t I?

Dopenstrange on December 3, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Terrye on December 3, 2009 at 10:30 PM

exactly. Its the height of decadence for a nation to have a leader that travels the planet besmirching his country for its imaginary excesses who then pivots and regales you about arugula, golf, and his wife’s $500 sneakers.

elduende on December 3, 2009 at 10:44 PM

…is the same s**t you’ve shown for the last eight years, I gather. Hypocrite.

MadisonConservative on December 3, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Nope.

Not as hollow as the “that’s what Goebbels did” argument from you.

SteveMG on December 3, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Yeah you keep bringing that up. Link to it. While your at it, link to the numerous times I’ve denounced calling Bush a fascist.

crr6 on December 3, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Rhode Island voters,
How did you elect this guy?

antisocial on December 3, 2009 at 10:35 PM

First, I voted for Steve Laffey. Then, I voted for Linc Chaffee. Then, I scrubbed myself with bleach for a couple of weeks. Somewhere along the line, Sheldon Whitehouse got elected.

He’s a decent guy. You’d like him if you met him, which I have. But he ain’t that bright, despite knowing which side his bread is buttered on and who to tell him what he needs to think.

We could pick someone out of the phone book and do at least as well.

Pablo on December 3, 2009 at 10:45 PM