Video: Huckabee and O’Reilly on the cop-killer clemency

posted at 9:53 pm on November 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

“[S]oftball treatment,” declares the boss, wondering what happened to the patented O’Reilly third-degree vis-a-vis Huck’s long, infamous record of clemencies while governor. Instead, half the clip is spent complaining about Washington’s judges — which is well deserved, but not the reason Fox viewers were tuning in tonight. In Huck’s defense, he does accept some responsibility here, and assuming he’s telling the truth about the judge’s recommendations — more details will be forthcoming in the next few days as journalists dig in, no doubt — he’s not the only Arkansas official who thought Clemmons’s sentence should have been commuted. Pay attention to what he says around 1:45, though, about having received no response from the prosecutor at the time about whether clemency was warranted. The prosecutor in the case certainly has a strong opinion now:

“It was not something I was pleased with at the time,” said Larry Jegley, who prosecuted Clemmons for aggravated robbery and other charges in Pulaski County, Arkansas, regarding the commutation. “I would be most distressed if this is the same guy.”

Strange that he would have kept silent at the time when invited to speak up. Meanwhile, from the same article, here’s how Clemmons petitioned Huckabee. Note the boss’s reminder in the last update to her post about pastor friends of Huck’s knowing “which buttons to push”:

“I come from a very good Christian family and I was raised much better than my actions speak,” Clemmons said in a clemency application brief to then-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in 2000. “I’m still ashamed to this day for the shame my stupid involvement in these crimes brought upon my family’s name.”…

“I have never done anything good for God, but I’ve prayed for him to grant me in his compassion the grace to make a start,” he said. “Now, I’m humbly appealing to you for a brand new start.”

Exit question: Second look at Huck?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Didn’t Mike Huckabee accept responsibility for commuting his sentence? Yes, he did!

Clemmons was sentenced to 104 years for robbery when he was 16 years old with no prior record. Do you think that sentence is fair??? Come on, get over your hate for Mike Huckabee and you will see that you would have done the same thing if you had been in Mike Huckabee’s shoes and the judge and parole board are asking for his sentence to be reduced. His sentence was reduced to 47 years, with 11 years served, he was up for parole (the parole board thought he should be paroled). After just a few months, Clemmons violated his parole, and put back in jail. Why was he let out after 4 years, if he had showed signs of mental instability? Mike Huckabee had nothing to do with him being let out the second time or for the bad decisions of the judges in Washington to even give him an opportunity for bail. BUT, all of you have to blame Mike Huckabee, don’t you! He looked at and made decision on 1,200 requests a year. He served over 10 years, that’s 12,000 petitions, and he gave 1,000 pardons or commutations. Yes, that’s a lot, but if you haven’t seen the horrible sentences that the judges made in Arkansas with just the Clemmons case, then you can see why there would be so many changes.

VFT on December 1, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Huckabee’s role in this is minor compared to everyone else.

Narutoboy on December 1, 2009 at 1:18 PM

If Huck is truly responsible, along with others, for giving this person the opportunity to get free-then he does own some of the responsibility for this murderer’s actions.
If I sell guns, and my violent neighbor who beats his wife comes in to buy one & he can legally buy one, I have an obligation to consider not selling to him.
He may get it somewhere else easily, but at least I’d be able to sleep at night knowing I wasn’t any part of it if the guy went & killed his wife.

Badger40 on December 1, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Badger40 on December 1, 2009 at 1:36 PM

But at the time, this guy hadn’t committed a murder. Correct me if I’m wrong. Murderers should stay in prison, I agree, which is why I said earlier that I’m troubled by some of his other commutation. In this case, however, I don’t see how people can pin the blame on him. The guys sentence based on his crime was absurd. Tell me, what other facts did Huckabee have to go on in THIS case?

Narutoboy on December 1, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Which is why he did this. And exactly why religion and politics are a bad mix.

Grow Fins on December 1, 2009 at 1:38 PM

I don’t know that’s why he did it.
I’m ignorant to the facts concerning Clemmons, but hypothetically, if any of the pardons concerned violent murderers, then Huck (& any other Gov) should be held somewhat responsible for their role in freeing said murderer.
Long prison sentences for murderers makes a lot of sense.
Long sentences for 1st time robbery, not so much, unless it resulted in someone’s death, then I don’t give a damn if it was only their 1st crime with no priors, somebody died needlessly & there must be comeuppance.

Badger40 on December 1, 2009 at 1:44 PM

kingsjester on December 1, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I think you’re the one projecting. Several commenters have agreed with Narutoboy on common sense grounds. We’re all upset that this animal killed 4 cops, but blaming Huckabee for it is the ultimate in emotion driven rhetoric.

mike_NC9 on December 1, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Narutoboy on December 1, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Couldn’t tell you.
But a thousand pardons-I really wonder how many of those were for murderers? Do you?
Huck may or may not deserve tons of vitriol spewed at him for this incident.
I do know that Huck is a grade A moron & religous bigot & he will never advance in politics bcs of it.
He also does not articulate himself well & he comes off as a snake oil salesman (at least to me & enough others).

Badger40 on December 1, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Badger40 on December 1, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Sadly, I’m sure this will haunt Huckabee for the rest of his day. Some self-serving Huckabee haters may relish in this thought, but as a compassionate human being, it makes me sad for him. Luckily I don’t feel the need to beat the shit out of anyone I don’t agree with politically.

mike_NC9 on December 1, 2009 at 1:49 PM

mike_NC9 on December 1, 2009 at 1:46 PM

You walked in on a continuation of a discussion from the following thread:

I will defend his right to diagree to the bitter end, but I was merely calling him out on his condescending arrogance toward Hot Air regulars whom I respect a great deal and his fallacious arguments involving my country, which I happen to love very much.

kingsjester on December 1, 2009 at 1:53 PM

diagree=disagree

kingsjester on December 1, 2009 at 1:54 PM

This blog is turning into a mirror image of the Huffpo. No joke. The nasty, vile, name calling here is ridiculous.

My understanding is the that this guys sentence was commuted down to 48 years or so fro the original 100 Plus. I don’t believe Huck actually let him out. That was the parole boards decision.

So how does Huck get so much crap from the people here? Am I missing some fact? if I am, please inform me and I will recant.

BierManVA on December 1, 2009 at 1:54 PM

kingsjester on December 1, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Excuse me? Yes, please do read through that past thread. I was being quite polite, thank you, until I started being insulted. I think calling someone a “f*cknut” as I was called has about the same meaning as “idiot,” if I’m not mistaken. This is the problem with people like you. You ignore all of the facts that don’t fit your agenda.

Narutoboy on December 1, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Sorry Blake, your boy is DOA – but keep arguing if it eases your pain.

Simona on December 1, 2009 at 11:45 AM

No, sorry to disappoint you, Simona, but your brain is DOA. Keep making your dumbazz comments if that makes you feel better, cupcake.

Blake on December 1, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Hot Airians

kingsjester on December 1, 2009 at 1:22 PM

No, no, no, no…….

LibTired on December 1, 2009 at 1:59 PM

mike_NC9 on December 1, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Okay, then put yourself in the position that he will be your party’s candidate. There is plenty of blame to go around for Mr. Clemmons, any involved better hope that their futures are not determined at the ballot box.

Cindy Munford on December 1, 2009 at 1:59 PM

No, no, no, no…….
LibTired on December 1, 2009 at 1:59 PM

I didn’t mean it that way. Get your mind out of the gutter. LOL How about my fellow Hot Air contributors?
Better?

kingsjester on December 1, 2009 at 2:03 PM

BierManVA on December 1, 2009 at 1:54 PM

He was sentenced to 95 and his sentence was commuted after he had served 11. The clemmency allowed him to be eligable for parole, which was granted by the parole board in Arkansas.

Cindy Munford on December 1, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Badger40 on December 1, 2009 at 1:46 PM

I don’t think anyone can say. A lot of people here probably think that this guy that Huckabee assisted in getting his sentence down was already a murderer. The facts were obviously not laid out clear enough here. That’s what happens when people try to cover stories about people they never liked; important facts get buried or left out altogether. If you wouldn’t commute somebody that was sentenced to that much time for robbery, something is wrong with you — and I think something must be wrong with the system down there.

Narutoboy on December 1, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Better?

kingsjester on December 1, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Or Hot Airheads. I love hot airheads.

LibTired on December 1, 2009 at 2:05 PM

On Boortz’s show he quoted an article in the NYT that said Gov. Huckabee granted clemency three times more then any other governors. I don’t know if that is limited to Arkansas or governors in general.

Yes, I acknowledged that he grants more commutations but pointed out that the sentencing in Arkansas is different than other states.

Also it was stated that Arkansas generally gives longer sentences because they are only required to serve a quarter of their terms before being eligable for parole. All of this off the radio so obviously I don’t know if it’s true.

It’s not. I looked up the law yesterday and for violent crimes they have to serve 70% of their sentence before they are eligible for parole.

I still believe that governors should only use this power in extrodinary circumstances and it’s hard for me to imagine that there were over a thousand of those situations.
Cindy Munford on December 1, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Maybe not in other states, but if this is the way they sentence people in Arkansas, it wouldn’t surprise me if there were a thousand situations. For the record, I would only consider commuting sex offenders in cases of statutory rape where the victim and defendant were close in age.

Blake on December 1, 2009 at 2:08 PM

kingsjester on December 1, 2009 at 1:53 PM

The condescending arrogance I’ve seen is on your part and others that disagree with Narutoboy not him. You simply can’t take an opposing point of view. Hotair is a great forum with a mix of views not only among commenters but the bloggers themselves. I often disagree with AP, but it pisses me off when people trash him like they do.

From that previous thread:

Wrong. I’ve defended him and I have nothing invested in him at all. Some people just don’t like people playing politics with people’s death. The reaction here, for the most part, has not been about the deaths. It’s been about slamming Huckabee.
Narutoboy on November 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Emphasis mine.

mike_NC9 on December 1, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Blake on December 1, 2009 at 2:08 PM

I agree with the similar age distinction. I don’t want this to destroy Gov. Huckabee’s life but as I noted above, anyone who was involved in this better hope that their future isn’t determined by the ballotbox. And for Gov. Huckabee, it is the second time it has happened. I haven’t met the politician that would not build an opposition campaign around that knowledge.

Cindy Munford on December 1, 2009 at 2:19 PM

mike_NC9 on December 1, 2009 at 1:49 PM

I don’t feel the need to beat him up, either.
But IMHO he is a worthless religous bigot.
Watching him on the campaign trail last go round was quite enough for me to deduce he is untrustworthy and non-genuine.

Badger40 on December 1, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Cindy Munford on December 1, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Based on his words alone during the campaign-I never trusted him.
I would really like to find out all of these people he commuted & what were their sentences & crimes.
If he showed poor judgement over & over, then he’s not fit for service.
IMHO he is only in the public eye bcs he wants to keep making $$.
That report of his on the radio shows me all I need to know about him trying to remain in the limelight.

Badger40 on December 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM

mike_NC9 on December 1, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Arrogant? Hardly. I’ve been here over a year. I stand by what I said. My rep among other posters speaks for itself. I’m a Mid-Southerner, whose father was from Arkansas. I’ve watched Huckabee for years. I watched what happened with Wayne Dumond, and now Clemmons. Right or wrong, his political career has been tarnished, if not completely ended. Judging from another post on Hot Air, you would still pick Huck for President over Romney. More power to ya.

kingsjester on December 1, 2009 at 2:27 PM

blockquote>Cindy Munford on December 1, 2009 at 1:59 PM

We don’t need to assign sinister motives for Huckabee commuting Clement’s sentence to keep him from being the GOP nominee. Scorched earth style poitics is ruining our democracy. I do understand that political foes will use this but I don’t have to like it.

I don’t feel the need to beat him up, eitherBut IMHO he is a worthless religous bigot.

Badger40 on December 1, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Um…that’s beating him up. And what’s worse, for your own bigotry. I feel for you brother.

mike_NC9 on December 1, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Badger40 on December 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I have never been a fan either. He is definately on damage control and that’s fine as television host but it will never be enough for an elected official. If he doesn’t know that then his judgement is even worse then imagined.

Cindy Munford on December 1, 2009 at 2:30 PM

This will give Mike plenty of time to perfect his secret 7 herbs and spices for his eventual launch of AFS (Arkansas Fried Squirrels.

Huckabilly can be the new Colonel (pbuh).

omnipotent on December 1, 2009 at 2:36 PM

kingsjester on December 1, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I’ve been here over 5 years but i’m still only one voice and would never try to speak for others. Politically I don’t like Huckabee or Romney, I just can’t bring myself to hate them personally.

mike_NC9 on December 1, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Badger40,
For the FACTS of this case, Clemmons committed robbery on an empty house. He also stole a purse from a woman, and he had a firearm (that he didn’t use) that wasn’t registered. There was no armed robbery, no rape and no murder. He was a 16 yr old black boy who was sentenced to 104 years for these crimes. Don’t even you think that was over the top? Mike Huckabee at the request of the judge and the parole board commuted his sentence down to 48 years. He served 11 years in prison for those crimes. The parole board freed Clemmons and after a few months, he was arrested for breaking his probation. He served for 4 more years, and then freed (not by Mike Huckabee). Now you tell me there is any other explanation for your hatred and all the people on Hot Air except that it is Mike Huckabee, and you call him a religious bigot. He is not a bigot, but from your comments,maybe you are against him. Below I have copied some information all of you need to know. Michelle Malkin owes Mike Huckabee an apology for deliberately lying about him…see below:

Prosecutors lodged no objection to Huckabee’s sentence reduction for Clemmons
December 1st, 2009

Both mainstream and new media have falsely stated that prosecutors objected to Huckabee’s sentence reduction although I just got off the phone with Pulaski County (the county involved) prosecutor Larry Jegley who said of whether Huckabee had received an objection from him, “I am sure he didn’t receive an objection”.
He said that he would have objected but that his office does not have record of receiving a notice that Huckabee was looking for comment regarding clemency for Maurice Clemmons.
I asked him if it was common to not receive notices and he said it was, “not common”.
I asked him if he gets notified after the fact that a clemency takes place and he said that he does get notified.
I asked him why he did not object to the clemency documentation (which you can view here) showing that he had no objection and he said it would not have mattered to Huckabee whether he objected or not.
I asked him if thought there was a problem with the Arkansas notification system because he claims that he did not receive notification of the proposed clemency. He said that he did not believe there was a problem with the system and that he usually received notification.

Here are some of the false media reports:
LATimes as of 9:12AM PST 12/1/2009:
Under the sympathetic questioning of commentator Bill O’Reilly, Huckabee said he granted Clemmons’ clemency request — one of 1,200 that crossed his desk annually — because of Clemmons’ young age at the time of his conviction and the severity of his sentence. He said prosecutors never contacted him, though they did lodge a protest with the state parole board.
FACT: The protest by prosecutors was in regards to giving Clemmon parole. This objection came AFTER Huckabee’s actions.
Michelle Malkin as of 9:12AM PST 12/1/2009:
The man being sought by police was granted clemency by former GOP Arkansas Mike Huckabee despite his violent history and vehement protestations from prosecutors and victims’ family members.
FACT: Prosecutors did not lodge objection to Huckabee’s actions as I have proven above. As for protests of “victims’ family members”, I see no record of that in official documents. Malkin needs to source her statement here for it to have credibility. Considering that the other part of the sentence is blatantly false, what credibility does that give her?

VFT on December 1, 2009 at 2:41 PM

mike_NC9 on December 1, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I don’t hate Huck. I just don’t think he’d make a good President. I watch his talk show from time to time. And, as a very active Christian, I appreciate his service to the Lord. However, being an affable person and a Pastor, does not necessarily make someone Presidential material.

kingsjester on December 1, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Sticks and Stones Blake, doesn’t change the fact your outnumbered 9 to 1 on hotair, the conservative community, the nation at large and registered voters.

Simona on December 1, 2009 at 2:47 PM

kingsjester on December 1, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Glad to know you don’t hate him. I don’t disagree with any of this.

mike_NC9 on December 1, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Dukuckabee is out of the running for 2012.

alliebobbitt on December 1, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Badger40,

Prosecutors lodged no objection to Huckabee’s sentence reduction for Clemmons
December 1st, 2009

Here are some of the false media reports:
LATimes as of 9:12AM PST 12/1/2009:
Michelle Malkin as of 9:12AM PST 12/1/2009:

VFT on December 1, 2009 at 2:41 PM

I don’t think it is going to matter how much fact and reason you try to bring here. Most people here act exactly like the people they hate so much, Liberals. They would rather use name calling and insults than reason. They call Huckabee a bigot but yet, over half of the criticisms here in one way or another, bring up the fact that he is Christian or a former minister or he is from the south and talks differently than they do or has a funny name. What a shame coming from so-called Conservatives.

jparks1972 on December 1, 2009 at 3:13 PM

VFT on December 1, 2009 at 2:41 PM

We musn’t let facts interfere with the scorched earth meme of principled conservatism.

mike_NC9 on December 1, 2009 at 3:26 PM

ooops…./sarc

mike_NC9 on December 1, 2009 at 3:27 PM

VFT on December 1, 2009 at 2:41 PM

That’s pretty bad reporting on this incident (referring to the Malkin post). Isn’t this what we dislike about the mainstream media…..agenda driven journalism? In this case, we have agenda driven “reporting,” coupled with false statements.

Narutoboy on December 1, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Mike_NC9,

It doesn’t look like there are many on Hot Air who have any principles, conservative or otherwise, because they blast this good man who did the right thing when he was Governor. Don’t let a little thing like the truth stop you, though.

VFT on December 1, 2009 at 3:55 PM

VFT on December 1, 2009 at 3:55 PM

I\’m with you on this one and that was the point of my post as well. This \”Conservative\” blog has either been infiltrated by troll Liberals this last year, or the conservatives here are lost. Either way, it makes for bad discussion.I see nothing wrong with Huck\’s actions when I read the actual facts of this case. All I see is name calling of Huck or BOR by the same tired and unthinking individuals.

BierManVA on December 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Huckabee has always come off as a snake oil salesman to me. I had a very visceral reaction to him. The same exact reaction that I had towards Obama. I am glad that his career in politics is over. He is exactly where he needs to be… hosting a television program.

ReneePA on December 1, 2009 at 4:57 PM

VFT on December 1, 2009 at 3:55 PM

No, he didn’t. The man should have served out his sentence. You gotta work at it to get 95 YEARS.

Huck has a record of allowing a great many other folks out also, as I recall the count is over 700.

dogsoldier on December 1, 2009 at 5:07 PM

He is not a bigot, but from your comments,maybe you are against him.
VFT on December 1, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Thanks for all the info. I never villified Huck here.
But as to being a religous bigot?
He sure as hell is.
I will NEVER forget his treatment of the Mormon religion.
I am disgusted by his flippant, nasty little comments about them.
He IS a bigot, based on that treatment alone.

Badger40 on December 1, 2009 at 5:25 PM

jparks1972 on December 1, 2009 at 3:13 PM

For the record here, friend.
I have no hate for Huck.
I just think he’s a snake & a religous bigot, but not a murderer.

Badger40 on December 1, 2009 at 5:26 PM

There is a way to dead this whole discussion with a simple phrase.

20/20 hindsight.

We all have it after it happens. However as posted by VFT at the time that this happened huck did not act abnormal or in a way that could be classified as bad and I say this as a democrat who should be happy that another republican chances are ruined…

Norvell on December 1, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Huckabee is a bleeding heart liberal who now has the blood of multiple people on his hands. If ever there was a time for Huckabee to own up or shut up, this is it. The only thing Huckabee should be doing now is apologizing.

dnlchisholm on December 1, 2009 at 6:24 PM

dnlchisholm,

For what exactly should Mike Huckabee apologize? For doing what the judge and the parole board asked him to do, commute his sentence?

Dog Soldier,

This boy of 16 was sentenced to 104 years for robbery of an empty house, stealing a womans purse and having a gun without a license. You tell me if you think that sentence was fair? No, it wasn’t. He had no prior record, no rapes, no murder, etc. At that time, Mike Huckabee did the correct thing for this boy. There was no way of foreseeing what he would do in the future. Mike Huckabee is an honorable man who acted correctly when he commuted Clemmons sentence to 48 years. He served 11 years in prison for the crimes I listed above. Who among you can say that if you had been in Gov. Huckabee’s shoes, you wouldn’t have done the same thing? Or do any of you have a conscious. It is so easy to say, let him rot in prison. Remember that time he didn’t deserve to rot in prison. Just imagine if it had been your son..would you still say, just let him rot in prison for the crimes he committed? Now when the judges gave a sentence in Washington, they should never have let him out because at that time, he had raped a girl.

Badger 40,

I understand how angry you were and apparently still are that Mike Huckabee asked that Mormon question to the reporter. He shouldn’t have done that. Mike Huckabee immediately apologized to Mitt Romney and apologized twice to the Mormon people. I heard him apologize to the Mormon people on Larry King’s show. If you are a Christian shouldn’t you be able to forgive him after 2 years and he was trully sorry? He has commented favorably about the Mormons supporting the CA gay marriage amendment on his TV show. He didn’t have to do that. He endorsed Harmer in CA during the election in Nov, 2009, who is a Mormon. He has said many times, he has nothing against other religions. He understands that our country is based on freedom of religion. He does not like Mitt Romney because of the sneaky backstabbing things he did to Mike Huckabee during the primaries in 2008, but most of all because he doesn’t have any principles and is not trustworthy. He would change his mind again if it would get him the votes to win the Presidency. Ted Kennedy said Mitt Romney had no principles when he ran against Mitt Romeny for Senate in Mass. Mike Huckabee has the right to like or dislike a person. Mitt Romney’s religion has nothing to do with his feelings. Obviously, you can still hold onto the lies that you believe Mike Huckabee is a bigot, but I know him much better than you do and have followed him and what he has said for 2 years, and he is NOT A BIGOT AT ALL! Lots of people in the press and a lot of Mormons called Mike Huckabee’s supporters bigots too. I have been on MH’s two websites for 1 1/2 years and have never heard anybody mention Romney’s religion as a reason not to like him. You should really research more about a person before you accuse them of bigotry. What I have heard from Romney supporters have been much more bigoted against Huckabee’s Christian religion than anything I have heard. So who is the bigot???

VFT on December 1, 2009 at 10:27 PM

The most disgraceful thing I’ve heard in a long time was Huckabee “spinning” like a top – not in the “No Spin Zone,” but on Hannity’s radio show yesterday. Total lack of acceptance of responsibility.

Oh he SAYS that he takes responsibility, then goes on to blame everyone else for not telling him how stupid it would be to let this guy go.

Huckabee’s the one who needs to go at this point: Out of politics, and stop talking. For gosh sakes, Huck! Shut up and leave the poor families of this cretin you freed have some peace.

seanrobins on December 2, 2009 at 7:41 AM

Making excuses for Huckabee for “just one clemency” (and trying to manufacture excuses to justify it) doesn’t wash. The Huckster is a serial pardoner-clemency granter whose record shows more than 10 times as many pardons-clemencies as fellow former Arkansas Governor (and arch-Liberal) Bill Clinton.

Also the argument that “most” of those granted clemency did no further damage to society also won’t wash. That’s like saying that I released the entire zoo population but, out of thousands of animals, only a “few dozen” killed or injured anyone.

MaiDee on December 2, 2009 at 9:08 AM

I asked him if it was common to not receive notices and he
said it was, “not common”.

VFT on December 1, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Based on your “facts”, then one must conclude this 2004 article in the Arkansas Ledger, and the quotes attributed to Jegley were made up? Is that your position?

Is Huckabee solely responsible? No. Did he kick over the proverbial lantern? Most definitely.

Fed45 on December 2, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Dog Soldier,

Go read what I posted in the other thread. he was sentenced for four felonies that he committed and he has a longer arrest record than that. You might want to do a little research before coming to conclusions.

dogsoldier on December 2, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Sentenced to 5 years for robbery in Pulaski County, Aug. 3, 1989.

* Sentenced to 8 years for burglary, theft and probation revocation in Pulaski County, Sept. 9, 1989

* Sentenced to an indeterminate amount for aggravated robbery and theft in Pulaski County, Nov. 15, 1989

* Sentenced to 20 years each for burglary and theft of property in Pulaski County, Feb. 23, 1990.

* Sentenced to 6 years for firearm possession in Pulaski County, Nov. 19, 1990.

This 16 year old was trouble with a capital T and yeah he deserved to serve all 104 years. He beat up a little old lady for her purse and could have killed her. He didn’t care.

Anyway these are just his convictions. This is not the full extent of his record.

dogsoldier on December 2, 2009 at 1:07 PM

dogsoldier on December 2, 2009 at 1:07 PM

You are responding to someone who probably had never been faced with inner city strife…they don’t understand how violent a 16 year old “child” can be. They look at their or their friends 16 yr old and see the goodness that most have…but the real world of inner city 16 year olds are that many are killers, criminals with socio-path minds.
They are thugs, and if they haven’t killed someone by 18, they are a no-body. Ruthless gangs, where you enter by killing someone…16 years old a child, hardly…flash the wrong sign and you are gunned down…

right2bright on December 2, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I think it’s his fault. You’re guilty Huck and you’ll never be president.

TheAudacityofNOPE on December 2, 2009 at 10:52 PM

The FACT is that while Huckabee was Governor of Arkansas, he used his executive power to grant pardons or commutations resulting in the release of more felons than the Governors of all the states bordering Arkansas combined.
`
Huck set free more felons in his years than did the various Governors of Louisiana, Texas, Tennessee, Missouri, Alabama, and Mississippi put together. Think about it.
`
It’s not fair to blame Huckabee for the murders this guy committed, but it has to be fair to blame him for letting the guy out. It was a mistake, not a crime – but a mistake which reveals something about Huckabee.
`
As to the ridiculous cover story that prosecutors didn’t object, and the Parole Board actually granted the parole, phooey! Who appointed the prosecutors? Who was at the top of the chain of their command? And the Parole Board? Sounds more like a cynical attempt to evade responsibility to me. Sure, since that didn’t work, Huckabee goes into Nixonian damage control mode with a “modified limited hangout” accepting “the responsibility, but not the blame.”
`