Gibbs on Climategate: The science is settled

posted at 5:29 pm on November 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via Greg Hengler. The data’s in a dumpster and the analysts have been discredited, but the science itself remains pristine, my friends. When asked about Climategate last week, The One’s climate czar literally shrugged it off. Would the head of the UN’s body on global warming fare better? Of course not:

Pachauri said the large number of contributors and rigorous peer review mechanism adopted by the IPCC meant that any bias would be rapidly uncovered.

“The processes in the IPCC are so robust, so inclusive, that even if an author or two has a particular bias it is completely unlikely that bias will find its way into the IPCC report,” he said.

“Every single comment that an expert reviewer provides has to be answered either by acceptance of the comment, or if it is not accepted, the reasons have to be clearly specified. So I think it is a very transparent, a very comprehensive process which insures that even if someone wants to leave out a piece of peer reviewed literature there is virtually no possibility of that happening.”…

Pachauri said it was not clear whether the wording of the emails reflected the scientists’ intended actions, but said: “I really think people should be discreet … in this day and age anything you write, even privately, could become public and to put anything down in writing is, to say the least, indiscreet … It is another matter to talk about this to your friends on the telephone or person to person but to put it down in writing was indiscreet. If someone was to say something like this in an IPCC authors’ meeting then there are others who would chew him up.”

A fair point. If you’re going to game your analysis to arrive at a preferred result, for god’s sake, don’t leave a trail. (Hence the dumpster.) But even if you do, per Gibbsy, it’s onward to Copenhagen anyway. Exit question for Pachauri via Mark Steyn: Precisely how many polar bears have your little cricket jaunts killed this year, pray tell?

Update: A brutal assessment of the significance of Climategate from Clive Crook, writing at, of all places, the Atlantic:

The closed-mindedness of these supposed men of science, their willingness to go to any lengths to defend a preconceived message, is surprising even to me. The stink of intellectual corruption is overpowering. And, as Christopher Booker argues, this scandal is not at the margins of the politicised IPCC [Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change] process. It is not tangential to the policy prescriptions emanating from what David Henderson called the environmental policy milieu [subscription required]. It goes to the core of that process…

I’m also surprised by the IPCC’s response. Amid the self-justification, I had hoped for a word of apology, or even of censure. (George Monbiot called for Phil Jones to resign, for crying out loud.) At any rate I had expected no more than ordinary evasion. The declaration from Rajendra Pachauri that the emails confirm all is as it should be is stunning. Science at its best. Science as it should be. Good lord. This is pure George Orwell. And these guys call the other side “deniers”.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

ted c on November 30, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I’m pretty sure they have taxes for that. The subjects are meek, and they pay whatever they’re told. No, it’s something else.

Kralizec on November 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I think.

AnninCA on November 30, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Which is why we all have a good laugh.

GrannyDee on November 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM

So basically, any “science” is good science if it advances the global agenda.

Man, I don’t look forward to the day when the wars against world totalitarianism start.

darwin on November 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Folks, the measurement uncertainty and calibration problems of even the most most modern remote measuring insturmentation precludes the temperature measurement precision espoused by the AGW idiots.

Old Country Boy on November 30, 2009 at 7:09 PM

And evidently they’ve never heard of the “butterfly effect.” The only way they could model the climate with any degree of long term accuracy would be if they had temperature sensors located a fraction of a millimeter apart spread over the entire globe. Unfortunately, that wouldn’t leave much room for teh polar bears.

Sharke on November 30, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Imagine if Ron Ziegler had tried to claim the Watergate Hotel didn’t even exist. That’s basically what Robert Gibbs did today.

Jim Treacher on November 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Settled?

In a pig’s eye…

You don’t get to settle ANYTHING when you cook the books…

Khun Joe on November 30, 2009 at 8:03 PM

In short, has any one ever disputed the fact that it is NOT a renewable resource???? Is it possible that this is just the Mother of all recyling processes????

Chewy the Lab on November 30, 2009 at 6:55 PM

You might find the following theory interesting (it’s certainly unusual):

The Origins Of Oil – by Paul V. Sheridan

Josiah on November 30, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Gibbs on Climategate: The science is settled

As a believer in Jesus and one who accepts the Bible, I’m accustomed to having my beliefs mocked. When I’m ridiculed, I realize that’s the price to be paid for having made my decision. (As Mark Twain once said, it wasn’t the things in the Bible he didn’t understand that troubled him, but rather the things he did understand.)

Like many believers throughout history I’ve always been curious about the one religion written of in Scripture, when ALL people will worship together in harmony. Most Protestants have been quick to point the finger at Rome and the Roman Catholic faith and state that the Catholics would embrace (and lead) a one-world religious system. But in light of current events they owe the Roman Church an apology. I think we have a new, heavy-weight contender. The First Church of World Wide Climate Change.

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Not reason.

Not logic.

Not history.

Not hard science.

Nothing is going to sway the True Believers in Man-made Global Warming from their faith that Earth is God and to be worshiped. And if you dispute the tenets of their faith, you must convert or die.

Mr Gibbs is both right and wrong; there is no “science”, but the issue is “settled”. Ladies and gentlemen, we are witnessing the birth of the final great religious movement in human history.

It’s a great time to be alive.

oldleprechaun on November 30, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I think we have all known they have been lying about their data. As someone mentioned earlier, when will the bulk of scientists come out and derail these guys. Maybe we should equate it to a greedy corporation and a big accounting fraud, that should fire up the core feelings of liberals, right? Yeah, I know, stupid thought that one……..

bluemarlin on November 30, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I think.

AnninCA on November 30, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Therefore, you are!

faol on November 30, 2009 at 8:05 PM

I wonder if Helen Thomas is thankful that our black president has an idiot white man for his press secretary.

And has anyone asked yet how the president plans on rewarding GE with the cap and trade legislation because of them allowing him to control NBC. I been waiting a long time for that one. Helen can you help us with that?

bluegrass on November 30, 2009 at 8:07 PM

What really burns me up is how the enviro-wackos of the Left confuse pollution with AGW/climate change.

Our industries and mining and energy production/refining are the best in the world in terms of being earth-friendly and safe. We know how to clear forests of brush and cull timber in order to prevent devastating fires. We know how to clean up pollutants. We know how to keep our waters safe to drink. We know how to dispose of or recycle waste. We know how to generate cheap electicity for light and heating/cooling.

We do all of these things responsibly.

Yet we have a yoyo at the EPA in Browner, who knows no science or technology. Who thinks that carbon dioxide is a pollutant. And who thinks that 2500 deluded scientists are supposed to have the authority to affect climate.

onlineanalyst on November 30, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Give it up Treacher. No one cares.

Grow Fins on November 30, 2009 at 6:50 PM

For the sake of my kids’ futures, I care.

jimmy2shoes on November 30, 2009 at 8:10 PM

ObamAyres string-pullers are doing him no favors by keeping him in the dark on Warmerloo. He’s gonna be totally blindsided when he gets to Copenhagen if this is only step one of a real plan to blow the Global Warming idealogues out of the water.

Step two would be for credible skeptics to show up in force to confront the Warmers on their multiple crimes. (Intervention!) Step three would be a mass defection of Warmer supporters during the event, or a mass demand to get the science straight before they will support the policies. Step four, the exposure of the socialist groups behind this fraudulent UN/Warmer global ‘governance’ take-over scheme.

Here’s ObamAyres in March, 2009, in his Memorandum on Scientific Integrity (http://tinyurl.com/dkhf89):

The public must be able to trust the science and scientific process informing public policy decisions. Political officials should not suppress or alter scientific or technological findings and conclusions. If scientific and technological information is developed and used by the Federal Government, it should ordinarily be made available to the public. To the extent permitted by law, there should be transparency in the preparation, identification, and use of scientific and technological information in policymaking.

Unless, of course, he disagrees with the results . . .

starboardhelm on November 30, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Caught red handed and yet they still forge ahead on destroying economies and wealth redistribution!? ACORN, czars, ignoring voter intimidation by PC groups, giving terrorists the same rights we have and trying them in NY, lying about stimulus money results, taking over more the economy, etc…

I’m not one to jump to revolution outside of voting at the poll booth but sooner or later the camel’s back is going to be broken for a large percentage of the population!

aikidoka on November 30, 2009 at 8:12 PM

This should tell you everything you need to know about Pachaurie:

Pachauri was awarded an MS degree in Industrial Engineering from North Carolina State University, Raleigh, in 1972,

NC State University? NC State is a joke. They celebrate Kwanza. Please, peeps.

Bottom line is that this guy is a third world, third rate, UN fop. Typical for this administration.

OK. Call me a racist.

Cody1991 on November 30, 2009 at 8:13 PM

oldleprechaun on November 30, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I actually think that it is Secular Humanism combined with the RCChurch, combined with Islam. All the same. They will come together under the umbrella of a ‘peaceful one world government’. I have my reasons for this, but won’t go into them here. And I’m not saying that every individual that falls under these will follow that ‘one world’…how to say..False Prophet….
but anyway….interesting thoughts.

bridgetown on November 30, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Gibbs and all the “WARMERS” and their power hungry Liberal religionists?….

Rhymes with “jidiot”!!! :-)

PappyD61 on November 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM

oldleprechaun on November 30, 2009 at 8:03

I always point people to Romans 1:18-32. Paul perfectly described almost 2000 years ago what is happening today. Great time to be alive today indeed!

lukespapa on November 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM

If only ACORN or the SEIU were in charge of this Climate issue…..

If only Al Gore and GE and Soros were not all profiting financially from this Climate issue…..

If only this wasn’t a religion for the “WARMERS”.

If only the GOP weren’t also on board this brain-free adventure…..

ATTENTION those that still have hope for the GOP….
…..once again the GOP drops the ball.

To think it maybe too late to reclaim the truth after all this EPA / Environment first crap the last 30 plus years.

if only…..

PappyD61 on November 30, 2009 at 8:20 PM

What is the temperature of the Earth?

July 10 on November 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Less than the ObaMao Oval Office in winter.

onlineanalyst on November 30, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Grow Fins STUPID on November 30, 2009 at 6:50 PM

You should be more thankful. If people cared you would be crawling back under your rock praying nobody finds you.

jdkchem on November 30, 2009 at 8:25 PM

lukespapa on November 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM

From the same website, may I offer this. (I hope this link works. if it does not work it is: 1 Timothy 4 1)

bridgetown on November 30, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Maybe the UNFPA should express its concern for women to Islamists, etc.

GaltBlvnAtty on November 30, 2009 at 7:47 PM

If the UN had any concern for women at all you would think that would be a priority but it boils down to the 3.4 female population they want to abort their offspring.

fourdeucer on November 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM

What is the temperature of the Earth?
July 10 on November 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Nobody knows. They’re still looking for the a-hole to stick the thermometer in.

starboardhelm on November 30, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Agreed. If nothing else, Treacher is consistent.

crr6

If nothing else, crr6 is a moron. The really scary part is he seems to revel in it.

xblade on November 30, 2009 at 8:36 PM

but anyway….interesting thoughts.

bridgetown on November 30, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Excuse me, but the Catholic Church? Good Lord, this isn’t the Pope is the anti-Christ crap, is it? You’ve been reading too many Dan Brown novels. Sorry, but this sophmoric, reality-is-not-my-thing crap is the same type of nonsense that 9/11 Truthers and these warmist true believers subscribe to and it is just as unwelcome.

inmypajamas on November 30, 2009 at 8:38 PM

inmypajamas on November 30, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I’ve never read a Dan Brown novel. No idea who he is.
I’ll keep my reasons to myself in this forum.

bridgetown on November 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

2+2=5. The science is settled. This math has been subject to rigorous peer review. We all know that this is fact; we can’t pay any attention to the arithmatic deniers.

bitsy on November 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

bridgetown on November 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

and NO, I do not think the Pope is or will ever be the anti christ….just so ya know.

bridgetown on November 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

And well you should.

inmypajamas on November 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Let’s take control over our energy use.

AnninCA on November 30, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Yes, and stop claiming that CO2 is a pollutant.

blink on November 30, 2009 at 8:45 PM

In her case, it definitely is.

Jim Treacher on November 30, 2009 at 8:46 PM

The science is settled and we have always been at war with East Asia.

PersonFromPorlock on November 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

I am back with apologies to my last post where I preached….I ran into my car salesman tonight and asked him about the Ford Escape hybride I have been seeing advertised. I own a 09 Escape and wondered what I could buy in a year. He laughed and said if you want to pay 5 grand extra for a car the runs on electricty half the time I will sell u one. I said.I want something that runs on fossil fuels alone and the more I burn I better…can I get the nice inside? His reply was hell ya, only idiots buy “green shit”

point of the story is………Even a shady car salesman is honest enough to tell Global Warming is a joke

proudteadrinker on November 30, 2009 at 9:22 PM

bitsy on November 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Actually it is x+(y * z) = 5. The science is settled and you can’t see our data, oh wait, we lost it, but don’t ask questions about any adjustments we made, oops forgot to delete all those emails, but the science is still settled.

aikidoka on November 30, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Why haven’t scientists spoken out about the trashing of the scientific method displayed by the global alarmists?
Well, what working scientist is not beholding to a corporation that depends on government grants, or a university that depends on government grants? We have moved back to the pre-enlightenment days when PC ruled science.

GaltBlvnAtty on November 30, 2009 at 9:23 PM

bitsy on November 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Sounds like it’s time for a little, oh so appropriate, Orwell:

In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality was tacitly denied by their philosophy.

1984

A-freakin-men

somewhatconcerned on November 30, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Grow Fins America’s tolerance for your lies is surely diminishing. Read the polls..oh and England for that matter.

CWforFreedom on November 30, 2009 at 9:47 PM

They will plow forward regardless of disproven science or for that matter anything that gets in their way. You’re going to have Cap & Tax until you choke on it.

Griz on November 30, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Something other than “well, I personally don’t accept the science, and a few emails were critical of those who don’t accept the science”.

crr6 on November 30, 2009 at 6:24 PM

When did I say that? To pretend that is what those emails are about is an outright lie. Liar.

CWforFreedom on November 30, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Jim Treacher on November 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Invoking Ziegler? That just leave Gibbs able to say that previous statements are “inoperative.”

Spinning as hard as he is; he could be a harnessable energy resource, if we could just tap into it.

massrighty on November 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Democrats are complaining about the costs of placing additional troops in Afghanistan, but not one word on the costs of BILLIONS for Global Warming Climate Change, based on the Mad Scientist corrupt data.

Oh, and the incoherent spin by Gibbs is just down-right stupid.

TN Mom on November 30, 2009 at 10:32 PM

“Science” is whatever the hell they say it is.

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

And these guys call the other side “deniers”.

I guess that would Gibbs a global warming denier ‘denier’.

scrubjay on November 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

The science is “settled” like a dead herring in the moonlight.

Kenosha Kid on November 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM

I want somebody to use Algore\’s meltdown in relationship with this fraud: \”He LIED! He PLAYED ON OUR FEARS!\”. Seems more apropos to Algore looking in a mirror now doesn\’t it?

AZfederalist on November 30, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Someone ease back on the drugs. Bring Gibbs out of the medically induced coma. sMack him now back to reality!
Al Gore is NOT his FATHER!

sMack on November 30, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Jim Treacher on November 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Alrighty then.

Prove anthropogenic global warming is real. Seriously, be specific.

Jim Treacher on November 30, 2009 at 6:43 PM

No problem. If you want an exhaustive source for data proving AGW is “real”, and scrupulous refutations of typical denialist points, here’s a good place to start.

Of course you don’t give a crap about the science. Your hatred of global warming is based upon the fact that the consequences of it jibe with your strongly held political beliefs. As a result, you desperately cling to any data that seems to support your belief, while ignoring the vast wealth of data in favor of AGW. The sad part is, deep down you know this.

If you really do want to learn about the science, in good faith, check out the link. Compare the information there to information you receive from denialist sources. Surprise me.

I won’t hold my breath.

CWforFreedom on November 30, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Your voice cracked a bit at the end there.

crr6 on December 1, 2009 at 12:18 AM

crr6 on December 1, 2009 at 12:18 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that your eyes are brown. When you are that full of it, it shows.

IowaWoman on December 1, 2009 at 1:01 AM

Gibbs on Climategate: The science is settled cooked.

Fixed.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on December 1, 2009 at 1:10 AM

While I continue trying to remember what sort of opposition it is that engenders respect in left-”liberals,” I’ll say that I’ll be disappointed in some ways if the “evidence” for global warming continues to recede in time and decline in believability. I was looking forward to the prospects of milder winters and longer summers in the northern United States, Canada, Europe, and Russia. So much of the Earth’s land lies north of 40 degrees north latitude, and much of it could have been expected to have longer growing seasons. According to reports that were never or rarely emphasized, the Sahara Desert was expected to become green again, due to the shifting patterns of wind and rains. If someone began to make a credible move to keep the Earth from warming, I half-expected the Russians to step up and say, “The hell you will.” If the Earth warmed, I expected to see more half-naked hotties, and frankly I considered the unwrapping of so much beauty to be a worthy benefit. I saw the clearest evidence of bias and propaganda in the circumstance that the many conceivable good effects of warmer weather seemed rarely to be brought up and to be even more rarely emphasized.

I tended to distrust paleoclimatology, the short, partial record of land temperatures, the even shorter, scantier record of marine temperatures, the integrity, comprehensiveness, and verifiability of the computerized climate models, and even the sound placement of contemporary instrument stations. I suspected that many scientists–technicians, really–were needy wh0res.

For all the reasons given, I was an unbeliever. But I was hoping for warmer weather, yet now it’s looking more as if the cold is here to stay for a while.

Kralizec on December 1, 2009 at 1:46 AM

Alrighty then.

Your seat at the Algonquin Round Table is reserved.

No, you need to prove it. Prove it’s real. The burden of proof is on you.

Such as my political belief that data shouldn’t be hidden, discarded, and tampered with until it fits a desired result, and my political belief that scientists should not be blackballed from the peer-review process for coming up with different results.

What you know about science and good faith could fill a matchbook.

crr6 on December 1, 2009 at 12:18 AM

I’ve done so at this link.

Jim Treacher on December 1, 2009 at 2:31 AM

The CRU had reluctantly and rather mutedly conceded that it no longer had the raw data months ago, in August, I have seen stated. However, this got little attention from the press or the greater scientific community until the e-mail and code dump in the last couple of weeks. That drew further and more critical scrutiny from the blogosphere, and that has finally begun drawing significant press attention.

To my mind, having looked over only a sampling of the e-mails and commentary on the code, this is not enough to prove that AGW was a fraud from the very beginning. What it does demonstrate is that the data handling and statistical techniques of the CRU were atrocious. What the software did, to what data, and what assumptions were built into the code are undocumented and almost entirely opaque.

As standard practice, no one peer-reviews the software, which is where most of the dodgy assumptions and data-torturing techniques would be hidden. If the US agencies are as reluctant to come clean about it as the CRU at East Anglia University in the UK, that’s not a good sign.

There are other sources of temperature data, which tend to agree with the CRU: I’ve seen GISS and NOAA mentioned. However, I have seen reports that these may have used some of the same code the CRU did, and that these agencies have also been reluctant to disclose the software used to process the data.

The chain of evidence and reasoning at CRU from raw data, whether of actual temperature measurements or biological and geological proxies, to IPCC recommendations is broken and very possibly contaminated. It may still actually be correct, but if so, it owes more to good luck than to sound scientific methodology.

As it stands, the claim that AGW is settled science has just had a prop kicked out from underneath it. It may take another month or more of further revelations for the activists and politicians to notice its collapse.

Confutus on December 1, 2009 at 4:10 AM

Sure there is climate change. There is always climate change.
But what the Global Warming pushers are saying is that the extra CO2 that is created by man is causing the earth to warm and it can be charted scientifically and factually with a graph.
And they made the charts to prove it…except they didn`t. They faked, fudged and made up data to fit their goal of showing global warming.
It is all a lie. They cannot prove that any extra Co2 created by man has any effect on global temperature.
According to the Global Warmists the average temperature of the earth should be much higher than it is today. When in fact, since 1998 the average global temeperature has been dropping.
It is all a lie.

albill on December 1, 2009 at 6:36 AM

Jeez Gibbs, you’re a true “useful idiot” and a moron to boot!

hopefloats on December 1, 2009 at 6:50 AM

Now, now! We can’t let the exposure of the global warming, climate change, (insert latest catch phrase here) fraud get in the way of a magnificent wealth-transfer scheme, can we?

olesparkie on December 1, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Give it up Treacher. No one cares.

Grow Fins on November 30, 2009 at 6:50 PM

liberals don’t care, but then liberals have never been interested in reality

MarkTheGreat on December 1, 2009 at 8:19 AM

I’ve wondered about that and asked questions about the accuracy of the measurements here before.

BacaDog on November 30, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Anthony Watts (whatsupwiththat.com) has been conducting a survey of the NOAA temperature stations in the US (he’s also started a survey for Europe), NOAA rates stations on a scale from 1 to 5. Only stations rated 1 to 2 are supposed to be used in the climate network. They have rated almost 3/4ths of the US stations, and to date, only about 10% of the stations are rated 1 or 2. Almost 2/3rds of the rated stations rate a level 5, which according the the NOAA guidelines, means the temperatures recorded by them could be as much as 5C too warm.

Almost all of the known siting errors will make the sensors read warm.

MarkTheGreat on December 1, 2009 at 8:30 AM

I can end this debate very easily. There is no doubt that there is climate change – it is irrefutable. We have all seen it, but some are loath to admit it. Climate changes are called seasons – usually there are four, and they are cyclical. You have your global warming in spring and summer, and global cooling in fall and winter. Really very easy to understand, and history is full of references to these specific climate changes!

Carry on, people; nothing to see here…
/sarc

saukeye on December 1, 2009 at 8:32 AM

There are no scientific reasons to lie; only political ones. When you manipulate numbers to support your predetermined conclusions you advance nothing but an agenda and you risk destroying your credibility. Without credibility, what does a scientist have? Why risk it? The answer has to be the advancement of a political agenda. The motive is profit for many and a blind faith in the righteousness of their cause for some.

SKYFOX on December 1, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Sharke on November 30, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Climate models avoid the butterfly affect because they don’t attempt to predict if it will rain on St. Paul at 2pm Nov 3rd, 500 years from now.

There really is no comparison between models used to predict tommorrows temperatures and climate 100 years from now. Completely different problems.

I’ve already explained several times the many problems with climate models, and how the basic factors that go into them are not understood well yet.

MarkTheGreat on December 1, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Chewy the Lab on November 30, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Just because new oil is being made all the time, is not evidence that we aren’t using up oil faster than it is being made.

MarkTheGreat on December 1, 2009 at 8:43 AM

crr6 on December 1, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Your ability to critically examine the data remains at an all time low.

There is no data there that hasn’t been disproven 100 times. You just won’t accept any data that doesn’t fit into your world view.

MarkTheGreat on December 1, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Despite the fact that the CRU’s data has been once again proven to be unreliable, crr6 once again pulls out the CRU’s data to prove the global warming myth.

MarkTheGreat on December 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Mr. Gibbs is correct, “Climate change is happening..”.

It is just not caused by man. (Depends on what the meaning of is, is.)

mechkiller_k on December 1, 2009 at 8:53 AM

MarkTheGreat on December 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Why are you denying his denial, denier?

Jim Treacher on December 1, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Jim Treacher on December 1, 2009 at 2:31 AM

What a surprise. More dodging and a refusal to talk about science. You bore me.

And like um, Treacher just said the Empire State Building doesn’t exist. That’s basically what he said last night.

crr6 on December 1, 2009 at 9:26 AM

And you heard it straight from the mouth of one of Americas most prominent, and respected scientists.

Cybergeezer on December 1, 2009 at 9:28 AM

What a surprise. More dodging and a refusal to talk about science. You bore me.

Clearly. Hey, which was the part where you were talking about science?

crr6 on December 1, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Perhaps medical science will one day discover your wits.

Jim Treacher on December 1, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Cybergeezer on December 1, 2009 at 9:28 AM

It’s not much of a suprise that crr6 didn’t get the metaphor. Ron Ziegler was a lying hack, but even he didn’t have the balls to say Watergate couldn’t have happened because the building didn’t even exist. But then, that was before crr6′s parents were born.

Jim Treacher on December 1, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Or surprise, either one.

Jim Treacher on December 1, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Yeah, having had the legs kicked out from under it, the science is now levitating in mid-air. Next up – card tricks.

mojo on December 1, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Like, this website doesn’t even exist. That’s what Treacher said last night. Basically.

crr6 on December 1, 2009 at 10:48 AM

crr6 on December 1, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Knock knock.

Jim Treacher on December 1, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Knock knock.

Jim Treacher on December 1, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Dude. That door doesn’t even exist. Basically.

crr6 on December 1, 2009 at 11:14 AM

crr6 on December 1, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Knock knock.

Jim Treacher on December 1, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I know there’s something that immediately checks left-”liberals,” causing them to become suddenly very respectful, self-restrained, cautious, introspective, even pliable and yielding. However, I can’t recall what it is. My sense is that I can’t remember because it’s so foreign to my upbringing and way of life. Maybe someone else will think of it.

Kralizec on November 30, 2009 at 7:32 PM
I know what it is. Unfortunately, Jim Morrison polished the last of it off in the 60’s.

Sharke on November 30, 2009 at 7:49 PM

It’s called peyote.

dthorny on December 1, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Gibbs is saying what George Soros wants him to say, Soros IS the guy on the other end of Obowma’s blackberry.

dthorny on December 1, 2009 at 11:22 AM

How can these people call themselves scientists?
They are a disgrace and should be fired from their positions. Trying to hide data to verify a theory is as far from science as you can get!

gullxn on December 1, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Gibbs: I am the great and mighty OZ! Don’t pay any attention to the man behind the curtain…

jodetoad on December 1, 2009 at 12:20 PM

lukespapa on November 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Agree. 2nd Timothy 3:2-5 also pretty much captures today’s attitudes as well.

oldleprechaun on December 1, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Well, I personally will state, for the record, if I ever DO vote for Sarah Palin, it won’t be because she’s female, or particularly brilliant.

It will be because I agree with her on energy, how this could address the worst of what we’re doing to the planet now, and how it dovetails into not only our foreign policy but our deficit.

I’m on board.

I hope some of you get over your hang-up and figure it out.

AnninCA on November 30, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Looks like your post, as are all your posts, is all about you.

fossten on December 1, 2009 at 1:31 PM

BULLSHIT..

This is a giant scam so al gore and all the democrats
can rake in billions of dollars in trades for a gas which all humans exhale..

You FRIGGIN IDIOTS..
If we just shut up all liberals
the entire plantet would go into an ice age..

MORONS..

veteranoutrage on December 1, 2009 at 1:53 PM

(George Monbiot called for Phil Jones to resign, for crying out loud.)

I think that was a spelling error…should have been Moonbat.

Big John on December 1, 2009 at 1:57 PM

“Look! Is that Halley’s Comet?…”

mojo on December 1, 2009 at 2:43 PM

The science is settled. Gibbs and his toady boss are idiots.

dthorny on December 1, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Thanks for the support, Jim.
I have a life that needs attention, now and then, so I cannot devote the time you have invested.
If I can be of service to your endeavors, I’ll try.
You do nice work.
Thanks.

Cybergeezer on December 1, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Not only does Gibbs resemble the Pillsbury Dough Boy, he is the perfect flak catcher for Obama because he is an idiot. Anyone with any integrity could not get up there and say the things he says. Remind me of a little moron joke.

Dhuka on December 1, 2009 at 7:16 PM

“The world is flat – sail west and you’ll fall off the edge.”

“The sun circles the earth.”

“Applying leeches has medicinal value.”

“The science is settled” – - – right up to the minute it’s obsolete.

BD57 on December 1, 2009 at 7:20 PM

The fact that nobody in the press corps laughed out loud at Gibbs shows what we’re up against.

MaggiePoo on December 1, 2009 at 8:45 PM