Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?
posted at 9:00 am on November 29, 2009 by Ed Morrissey
Well, it’s Thanksgiving weekend, so let’s give thanks to the turkeys that appeared this week. I feel particularly honored to have spotted a non-first first. I spend every waking hour while I’m looking for Obamateurisms, er, looking for Obamateurisms, after all. They’re slightly less exact of a science than jobs accounting, and a heck of a lot more fun.
- KSM to get a fair trial followed by a first-class hanging
- Bowing to Emperor Akihito in Japan
- Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting
- Accusing Cheney not focusing on Af-Pak just before heading out to 3 fundraisers and a golf outing
- WH retreats on Fox News war when other broadcasters object
- Obama declares war — on liberal bloggers and Fox News
- US was on “path to recovery” before durable goods orders fell, mass layoffs rose
- Obama goes to Copenhagen (and comes home empty)
- Taxes, definitions, auto insurance, and Merriam-Webster dictionaries
- Throwing Poland under the bus on missile defense on 70th anniversary of Soviet invasion
- Obama warns of “partisan scare tactics,” warns “people will die” if ObamaCare stalls
- Obama doesn’t check to see if schools in session for his national speech
- Getting all wee-wee’d up
- The “public option” is just like the Post Office!
- We’re going to listen to other people’s ideas, except that people who disagree should shut up
- Snitch Central for ObamaCare dissenters
- Rushing legislation bad in 2004, essential in 2009
- Obama opines on Gates arrest without “having all the facts”
- Obama salutes the Ghana flag
- Obama jokes about Alaska sale with Russians
- Obama uses union and DNC plants at health-care town hall
- Obama plants a question on Iran with HuffPo
- Change in Iran coming because “Obviously, after the speech I made in Cairo…”
- Flashing his soles to the camera while talking to Netanyahu
- “If you actually took the number of Muslim Americans, we’d be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.”
- “We can no longer afford to spend as if deficits do not matter and waste is not our problem.”
- Siccing Tim Geithner and Charlie Rangel on tax cheats
- Phony Churchill quote on torture throws Grandpa under the bus
- Torture probe flip-flop
- Obama covers up IHS while quoting Jesus
- Austrian is a language?
- Obama bows to the Saudi king
- 1908 Model T got better gas mileage than today’s SUVs
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Breaking on Hot Air