Quotes of the day

posted at 9:30 pm on November 28, 2009 by Allahpundit

“The so-called purity test is a 10-point checklist — a suicide pact, really — of alleged Republican positions. Anyone hoping to play on Team GOP would have to sign off on eight of the 10 — through their voting records, public statements or a questionnaire. The test will be put up for consideration before the Republican National Committee when it meets early next year in Hawaii…

“Each of Bopp’s bullets is so overly broad and general that no thoughtful person could endorse it in good conscience. Some are so simplistic as to be meaningless. As just one example: ‘We support victory in Iraq and Afghanistan by supporting military-recommended troop surges.’ What does that mean? Do we support all troop surges no matter what other considerations might be taken into account? Do we take nothing else into account? Does disagreement mean one doesn’t support victory?

“Whatever the intent of the authors, the message is clear: Thinking people need not apply.”

***
“The best way to settle arguments is by having what we used to call full and frank exchanges about the issues, and then voting. A contest between Dick Cheney and Barack Obama would offer us a bracing referendum on competing visions. One of the problems with governance since the election of Bill Clinton has been the resolute refusal of the opposition party (the GOP from 1993 to 2001, the Democrats from 2001 to 2009, and now the GOP again in the Obama years) to concede that the president, by virtue of his victory, has a mandate to take the country in a given direction. A Cheney victory would mean that America preferred a vigorous unilateralism to President Obama’s unapologetic multilateralism, and vice versa…

“In an era of ideological purity within the party, Cheney is among the purest; no one can question his conservative credentials on national security, and his record in the House and as vice president places him beyond reproach from the base. He was, it is true, second in command in years of great deficit spending, but his image as an implacable foe of terrorism and a hardliner on the projection of American power would go a long way toward securing his position within the party as a warrior of the old school offering himself once more to a nation he has served in four different decades…

“Far from fading away, Cheney has been the voice of the opposition since the inauguration. Wouldn’t it be more productive and even illuminating if he took his arguments out of the realm of punditry and into the arena of electoral politics?”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Could also be ddrintn talking about Barry Goldwater, circa 1964. Such a statement makes about as much sense.

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Barry Goldwater in relation to whom? Could some moderate in 1964 have defeated LBJ? Don’t think so. (Wasn’t around then anyway.)

ddrintn on November 28, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Again correct me if I’m wrong but the only reason right now gay marriage is recognized in EVERY state is because of DOMA?

terryannonline on November 28, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Maybe..and so?

CWforFreedom on November 28, 2009 at 11:46 PM

No, he was impeached for lying under oath to deny a citizen of her rights under a law which he signed with much fanfare.
The abortion issue is much the same.

Lanceman on November 28, 2009 at 11:40 PM

I’m not tracking that, but it sounds intriguing. Clinton committed a crime and should have been criminally prosecuted for committing perjury. But I’m not tracking how any of that relates to Roe v. Wade?

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Poptech! Now there’s a blast from the past.

Lanceman on November 28, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Poptech=vox

CWforFreedom on November 28, 2009 at 11:47 PM

In my view all the chatter about Palin ain’t helping, either.

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:42

This coming from the guy that brings her name up when he wakes up in the morning. You just aren’t man enough to back a strong conservative woman. You would rather back a woman like McCain!

jainphx on November 28, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Please, anyone, without distortion, explain how Palin is not intellgent and, yet, inspirational, and, even further, a contributor to deciding who is electable.

vox, do you realize how absurd that is sounding?

TexasDude on November 28, 2009 at 11:47 PM

In my view, she alienates 2 people for every 1 she inspires, and it’s NOT just fear/envy on the part of the alienated.

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:38 PM

I won’t claim it always translates directly to votes, but the data from Facebook, book sales, recent polling trends etc. seems to contradict you here.

FWIW.

cs89 on November 28, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Sorry meant to write

Again correct me if I’m wrong but the only reason right now gay marriage is NOT recognized in EVERY state is because of DOMA?

terryannonline on November 28, 2009 at 11:45 PM

terryannonline on November 28, 2009 at 11:48 PM

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Why are you insisting on forcing your narrow view of morality on the public at large? Socon!

ddrintn on November 28, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Problem is, terryannonline, gay marriage is NOT recognized in every state.

More to the point, it is recognized in a pitiful amount of states while being outweighed by numerous other states.

Which competing decisions/laws take precedence?

TexasDude on November 28, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Poptech will never get it

CWforFreedom on November 28, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Poptech! Now there’s a blast from the past.

Lanceman on November 28, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Lance: Some of the hoi polloi seem to think I’m him or her, whoever (s)he was. In fact, I’m the one who started it back up in this thread. Believe me when I tell you, I have no idea who that is/was. But it seems to amuse the peanut gallery, so I don’t bother to deny them their fun.

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Problem is, terryannonline, gay marriage is NOT recognized in every state.

Yeah, it was a typo. I know that gay marriage is not recognized in every state. See my correction.

terryannonline on November 28, 2009 at 11:51 PM

here’s what you do;

allow anyone who wants to run – run.

hold a primary.

the one with the most votes gets the nomination.

reliapundit on November 28, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Dude…what do you think this is? A Democracy? Sheesh, I don’t even want to know what they are teaching kids in the schools these days. What is this majority win crap?

ramrants on November 28, 2009 at 11:53 PM

so I don’t bother to deny them their fun.

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Poptech denier

CWforFreedom on November 28, 2009 at 11:53 PM

vox, do you realize how absurd that is sounding?

TexasDude on November 28, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Well, Tex, I’ve said this a bunch of times, but for your benefit and since you asked, I see the whole Quitter Episode as darn-near unforgivable. I think many people feel the same way. Quitting just ain’t American, pure and simple.

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Oh puh-leez. The SC’s have made abortion a litmus test since time immemorial. It’s the first thing that always comes up.

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:39 PM

How many GOP candidates in the last primary were known primarily for their Pro-Life cred? It was an obstacle for some, but it wasn’t the primary issue I remember from the debates etc. The economy and national security were paramount, and lots of the fireworks were around immigration issues.

Abortion politics is in the mix, but not in the top 3 issues discussed last time around.

cs89 on November 28, 2009 at 11:54 PM

OK …

McCain lept out of fully engulfed burning jet on the USS Forrestall and survived being a prisoner of war.

He is very manly in that regard. The issue I have with him is his insistence that he demands to be recognized as someone who work with the Democrats even though it meant nothing in advancing conservative principles. Heck, is opposition didn’t even advance classical liberalism.

TexasDude on November 28, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Terryann ..in regards to your meaningless point about driver’s licenses you need to understand that typically if you permanently move to another state you normally have to obtain one of their licenses. If they do not offer marriage licenses to same sex couples how does that happen? Your point is invalid.

CWforFreedom on November 28, 2009 at 11:54 PM

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:53 PM

LOL…if it hadn’t been that, then being the governor of a mere few dozen people in an icebox for 4 years or 8 years would’ve been equally unforgivable.

ddrintn on November 28, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Where is Romney on health care, oh wait he passed it in Massachusetts. Where is he on boarder issues, strangely quiet. I just know that when Palin speaks, all the right words come out. Wheres Huck? Look they are much better than what we got now, but that’s what the squishes are banking on. I would rather go down with my principles, than slowly go down the same path that Obama is now taking us. I want it stopped not slowed.

jainphx on November 28, 2009 at 11:55 PM

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:38 PM

FWIW.

cs89 on November 28, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Much like with other consumer products (the sorry state of our political process), I think the politician as product will inflame passion on both sides in some segments of the populace, but it’s easier for many just to pass up a product they don’t like without saying a word. (The ol’ Silent Majority, I suppose.) And I don’t think the Silent Majority cares for Palin at all.

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:56 PM

voxpopuli, please, explain how she isn’t intelligent enough instead of switching critiques.

TexasDude on November 28, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Ah, Kathleen Parker… one of the wicked witches of the East…

atheling on November 28, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Where is Romney

Spreading around some cash so he can try to collect on some IOUs in 2012. Making Pablum speeches. And watching out for his hair.

Wheres Huck?

jainphx on November 28, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Nipping at Palin’s ankles, usually.

ddrintn on November 28, 2009 at 11:58 PM

cs89 on November 28, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Hence the term, “litmus test.” Do a quick dip to check out whether the strip turns blue or pink, then based on results, go on to do other, more in-depth testing.

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:58 PM

The human mind is too feeble for a true democracy.

Lanceman on November 28, 2009 at 11:35 PM

This!

OldEnglish on November 28, 2009 at 11:59 PM

And I don’t think the Silent Majority cares for Palin at all.

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:56 PM

They don’t “care for her at all”? She should’ve vanished on November 5, 2008 then. Plus, that doesn’t, explain her rise in the polls recently.

ddrintn on November 28, 2009 at 11:59 PM

If the majority of folks are leaning pro-life, then the pro-ife “litmus” test is invalid.

TexasDude on November 29, 2009 at 12:00 AM

The litmus test you speak of, is now the majority opinion in this country.

jainphx on November 29, 2009 at 12:00 AM

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Who did you vote for in the last Presidential election?

CWforFreedom on November 29, 2009 at 12:00 AM

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:58 PM

So Giuliani had absolutely no chance solely because he’s pro-choice.

ddrintn on November 29, 2009 at 12:01 AM

TexasDude on November 28, 2009 at 11:56 PM

That’s my view based on a variety of observations which are way too numerous to go into here. I didn’t say she was a complete moron but I think she’s of average intelligence with intermittent fits of vacuity/vapidity. If you don’t see it, you don’t see it, I guess.

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Lance: Some of the hoi polloi seem to think I’m him or her, whoever (s)he was.

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:51 PM

No, pooptech could not be reasoned with at all, like curdog, simplesimon, growbrains, et al.
He was one of the big three:
Pooptech
getalife
and some weasel that kept reincarnating as a Floyd album.

As far as Roe v. Wade, that particular Supreme court ‘found’ some non-existent right to privacy.

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Poptech denier

CWforFreedom on November 28, 2009 at 11:53 PM

LOL!

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:04 AM

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:02 AM

In other words, a normal human being.

ddrintn on November 29, 2009 at 12:04 AM

TexasDude on November 29, 2009 at 12:00 AM

The litmus test you speak of, is now the majority opinion in this country.

jainphx on November 29, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Good! Then I assume we will be hearing nothing about this issue in coming days.

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:04 AM

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:56 PM
Do you really plan to keep this up? The more you speak the more I plan to campaign for her and contribute the little cash that Obama allows me to have.

You speak as if you know, are an insider, but you aren’t either, you’re just a troll.

jainphx on November 29, 2009 at 12:04 AM

jainphx on November 29, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Nah, just an anti-Palin zealot.

ddrintn on November 29, 2009 at 12:05 AM

voxpopuli on November 28, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Okay, there is one vote she won’t get in what ever place you call home. Done, conversation over.

People, don’t mention you know who again around this guy. Thread hijacking will continue if exchanging comments deal with you know whose electability.

Americannodash on November 29, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Oh you mean like, gay marriage, abortion (especially for children), sex education for kindergartners, the unfairness liberal(s) media only doctrine, conservative black lists, choose between jail or ObamaCare, firearms ban(s), forced taxation, FICA, racial preferences, all whites are racists, legalized drugs, Our Constitution is really just a suggestion.

Those narrow views of morality?

Speakup on November 29, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Poptech denier

CWforFreedom on November 28, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Vox is Poptech. He has already been banned once from HotAir. Same with Newsbusters.

Norwegian on November 29, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Good! Then I assume we will be hearing nothing about this issue in coming days.

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:04 AM

We usually don’t, until some candidate who happens to be pro-life loses. Then the abortion issue becomes the albatross that’s going to doom us all omigoddddd!!!!!!!!

ddrintn on November 29, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Hey, what have I missed on the Turkey sabbatical?

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Which, as a good Jeffersonian / individual liberty kind of guy, presents me with a problem. Like the result (increased privacy rights, that is to say), hated the process, because it’s not really the rule of law.

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Wow, Mr. Cheney got out the trolls I haven’t seen in a long while. Very interesting. Poptech was an older guy who new a lot about computers, he was actually helpful to folks on geek threads. And you know how much he loved copy & paste, I don’t think he could give that habit up. Vox is just some college snot, looking down his nose while being a paid volunteer for Mr. Obama’s community organizer brown nosers.

Cindy Munford on November 29, 2009 at 12:08 AM

That is actually a feature, not a bug.

Contrary to the above, the US was not founded on ideas of democracy. It was not founded on the idea of the General Will, which the above would have us determine through the election of a single official. Instead, the US was founded on the idea of inalienable rights. It is why the Founders envisioned limited government. Democracy was simply one means of checking government power, not a fetish to which all decision making must abide.

And how can the election of a single man be called a mandate for anything, when that single man stands for so many disparate issues, and each individual only has one three-hundred millionth of a voice in his selection? Even if the differences in candidates were night and day, even an electoral avalanche in favor of one over the other is ultimately meaningless, as so much is under their purview that their legitimate authority is diluted to nothingness, as you can’t say their supporters actually agreed on anything.

No, as long as the Federal government is the bloated monstrosity it is today, there is no mandate for any elected official, no matter the election results.

JSchuler on November 29, 2009 at 12:08 AM

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:04 AM

I myself wish that I never heard of it. Back in the 60′s we had a referendum on abortion in Michigan, it was defeated by over 20% of the vote, only to have it shoved down our throats by the Supremes.

jainphx on November 29, 2009 at 12:08 AM

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:02 AM
In other words, a normal human being.

ddrintn on November 29, 2009 at 12:04 AM

So why not: Palin/Joe the Plumber, 2012? I assume you would wholeheartedly endorse that ticket.

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Hey, what have I missed on the Turkey sabbatical?

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Yeah, I saw you on FB!

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Cindy Munford on November 29, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Yeah, I kinda had a soft spot for poppy.

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:09 AM

I am at heart a social and fiscal conservative, and would pass the test without problem. I do feel like this little exam was created by imbeciles who listen to too much talk radio in any case.

My test would consist of this formula.
1. I oppose any expansion of entitlement spending without cuts or reforms to other existing programs to bring it to a deficit neutral status.

2. I believe that the primary function of Federal government is to provide for national defense.

3. I will never vote for any bill that uses taxpayer’s dollars to fund abortions except in cases where the mothers life is in danger,rape or incest.

4.Matters of morality or personal choice should be dealt with at the State level.

Southernblogger on November 29, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Norwegian on November 29, 2009 at 12:06 AM

I know…that has been my point.

—————————————-

Hey VOX who did you vote for the last Presidential election?

CWforFreedom on November 29, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Really? Because I haven’t seen anything of you… I was afraid me “lady” had taken you to the dungeon. ;)

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Cindy Munford on November 29, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Yeah, but an incredible shill for Microsoft as I remember. LOL

ddrintn on November 29, 2009 at 12:10 AM

As a Kirk’nBurke con, there is nothing PURE about only EIGHT out of TEN. That if anything IS Kirkian. Duh!

I will admit it is a clumsy attempt by the GOP to triangulate to those issue positions. But by this first step they are in a way acknowledging that they have a problem understanding WHAT they stand for and how much flexibility they can have and still be united enough to govern effectively from the right of center.

Yes, they need to rework these ten, drop one or add another, etc.

But I think they at least have got a little bit of the feedback from the ground. Not enough, but baby steps.

Parker is NOT thinking. If it was TEN and NO deviation, then that would be pretty ideological.

But let’s face it, wise and wordy as Kirk is, elites and nuances AIN’T gonna:

1) Stop ACORN from trying to rig elections,
2) Stop Obamacare,
3) Stop Cap and Tax,
4) Stop SEIU from beating people up,
5) Stop higher taxes,
6) Etc. Etc., you get the picture

Conservative thought, philosophy, beliefs are far superior to anything on the left.

But the left is still more adept at the actual practical fight. They have normal gravity and inertia pulling us to their destination out of the gate.

Power comes from the barrel of a gun.

But, liberty if pressed also comes from the barrel of a gun, or at least from our striving to be as effective implementing our policies or getting right of center people into office.

One thing you will never get from the Parker crowd is:

solutions

They are critics, not builders, not do’ers.

Now Kathleen, shut up, get out of our way, and we’ll do the heavy lifting and fighting.

Sapwolf on November 29, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Southernblogger on November 29, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Why should taxpayers every pay for abortions in any scenario? Even if it’s a “healthcare” issue, taxpayers shouldn’t be paying for it.

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:11 AM

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Why not indeed? Because the NYT would have a stroke? I’d have to see their positions on the issues in, you know, a campaign. I’m not going to base my opinion on what I think MoDo might like.

ddrintn on November 29, 2009 at 12:12 AM

I simply love the Blue Collar Bougeois that gets thrown around here on a daily basis. My family were farmers, salt of the earth people, and good for them. But I ain’t voting my father (or my line-worker brother) as President of the United States anytime soon, okay?

Sarah Palin taps into this whole Proletarian Pride thing. And that’s just fine. But it’s no way to run a railroad.

voxpopuli on November 24, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Cindy Munford on November 29, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Cindy Munford on November 29, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Why Cindy, how nice to see you again. Your views are as challenging as always.

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Listen, vox, Palin isn’t dumb. She is intelligent. You don’t become governor of any state in the US being dumb.

You think she is too provincial, too ordinary, not caring enough of the world. Is that correct?

It appears to be correct to me, that is, your opinion of her.

You don’t like her, but refuse to say why except to state she is not intelligent.

That is not a good defense of your argument, vox.

TexasDude on November 29, 2009 at 12:13 AM

So Vox who did you vote for?

CWforFreedom on November 29, 2009 at 12:13 AM

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:08 AM

That ticket could not possibly be worse than Obozo/Bidenpants, I assure you.
And that will become more apparent as time goes on.
I can count the number of Obozo stickers that I see during the day on won hand.
Before the election, there were still many W stickers, Bush/Cheney ’04 stickers, and the odd W. Still the president sticker.

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:13 AM

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:09 AM

He could be rational, I just ignored all the copy & paste comments. I don’t know what he did to get banned.

Cindy Munford on November 29, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Why Cindy, how nice to see you again. Your views are as challenging as always.

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Ahhh the Irony

CWforFreedom on November 29, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:13 AM

I’d vote for Joe the Plumber if he promised not to sign any bill into legislation ;)

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Cindy Munford on November 29, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Maybe he went off topic too often??? Just a thought.

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:15 AM

voxpopuli on November 24, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Cindy Munford on November 29, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Is there a point to that, Cindy?

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:16 AM

You don’t become governor of any state in the US being dumb.

TexasDude on November 29, 2009 at 12:13 AM

But apparently you can become governor by being insane. Just ask Vermont.

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:16 AM

My views are known, I’ve been around for a while. There are some comments that just really stand the test of time. Defining, you might even say.

Cindy Munford on November 29, 2009 at 12:17 AM

MeatHead 1215 am

I hear ya.

Just read this from the Pelosi health care plan:

Section 2572 of the bill (H.R. 3962) says, “In the case of an article of food sold from a vending machine that – (I) does not permit a prospective purchaser to examine the Nutritional Facts Panel before purchasing the article or does not otherwise provide visible nutrition information at the point of purchase; and (II) is operated by a person who is engaged in the business of owning or operating 20 or more vending machines, “the vending machine operator shall provide a sign in close proximity to each article of food or the selection button that includes a clear and conspicuous statement disclosing the number of calories contained in the article.” (See page 1,515 of H.R. 3962 Section 2572 (H) (viii).

The last thing we need is idiots making more law.

CWforFreedom on November 29, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Is there a point to that, Cindy?

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Yeah, it seems the point is that the “proles” should know their place, and let their betters run the railroads, or something.

ddrintn on November 29, 2009 at 12:17 AM

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Well, I didn’t expect to be commenting this late. I’ve got to get to the bar and try to become dead from the neck up, MeatHead!

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:18 AM

VOX like Poptech voted Libertarian..thus VOX=Poptech

CWforFreedom on November 29, 2009 at 12:18 AM

But apparently you can become governor by being insane. Just ask Vermont.

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:16 AM

…and Minnesota

thomasaur on November 29, 2009 at 12:18 AM

NO MORE OLD CANDIDATES! Thats all we need. Another geezer to make Black Jesus look more virile than he really is. Too bad Dick Cheney from 1988 can’t run.

Speedwagon82 on November 29, 2009 at 12:18 AM

It appears to be correct to me, that is, your opinion of her.

That is not a good defense of your argument, vox.

TexasDude on November 29, 2009 at 12:13 AM

The problem is, Tex, I don’t think of it in terms of a Pass/Fail. There are degrees of intelligence.

Furthermore, “you don’t get to be governor . . .”, well, I in turn don’t really buy that argument, either. From all appearances, you can get to be President of the United States even though you’re a totally empty suit. Know what I mean?

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:18 AM

But apparently you can become governor by being insane. Just ask Vermont.

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Or you can ask Michigan with Granholm. Her taxes broke the state, but she wants more. Look around the country the states with the least taxes are keeping their heads above water.

jainphx on November 29, 2009 at 12:18 AM

If Vox is Poptech, it must be just killing him that he can’t post a resume and give himself away.

Sapwolf on November 29, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Southernblogger on November 29, 2009 at 12:09 AM

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:11 AM

I am pro-life. I don’t want any subsidized abortions, but I would rather save as many as possible than stand on that, and lose the whole war.

Southernblogger on November 29, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Maybe he went off topic too often??? Just a thought.

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:15 AM

LOL!!! Maybe, because that almost never happens. Lox, probably knows, he was keeping a history for a while.

Cindy Munford on November 29, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:18 AM

DeadHead? ;)

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:19 AM

But apparently you can become governor by being insane. Just ask Vermont.

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:16 AM

LOL nice.

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Southernblogger on November 29, 2009 at 12:19 AM

I know you’re pro-life. My point was that even in the “iffy” situations, the gov’t shouldn’t be paying for healthcare. I wouldn’t even give progressive republicans a loophole to use.

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:21 AM

“you can get to be President of the United States even though you’re a totally empty suit. Know what I mean”

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I don’t see Palin as being an empty suit … at all, though.

TexasDude on November 29, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Sapwolf on November 29, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Loved the link to AT the other night. Tons of comments and not a troll in the lot!

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:23 AM

That ticket could not possibly be worse than Obozo/Bidenpants, I assure you.

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:13 AM

OK, but if been better than President Gerbil is all it takes, then let’s run my dog. He’s a friendly little guy, and very cute, too.

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:23 AM

DeadHead? ;)

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:19 AM

No, that would be Lox;)

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:23 AM

You don’t become governor of any state in the US being dumb.

Blago and that gay Gov of New Jersey would disagree with you there. Palin was lucky that enough people were disgusted with her Republican predecessor and the Democrat. I wouldn’t call it proof of intelligence.

Speedwagon82 on November 29, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Hey Pop Vox; Wayne Allyn Root is a moron.

Norwegian on November 29, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Southernblogger on November 29, 2009 at 12:19 AM

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Ok. I understand where you come from. I would allow that much for the reason of electibility.

Southernblogger on November 29, 2009 at 12:24 AM

voxpopuli on November 29, 2009 at 12:16 AM

There’s something very Canadian about you. You won’t answer the question of who you voted for in the last presidential election. Truth is that you didn’t vote, or maybe you went third party. Sing for us the Candian anthem while your here just for fun. The the first word is: Oh.

Americannodash on November 29, 2009 at 12:25 AM

No, that would be Lox;)

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Lox at a Grateful Dead Concert? Hehehe

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:26 AM

I just finished the Cuda’s book earlier tonight.

Great book, great lady, great leader.

Hopefully, HA can have a post-read thread here to review it. I’f like to get other insites, interpretiations, etc. from others. Feedback from those who are not Palin fans but read the book would be interesting too.

Sapwolf on November 29, 2009 at 12:27 AM

I voted straight Republican ticket.

I was tempted to not vote at all knowing the Democrat winds behind Obama, but Palin made me excited that the GOP actually had a chance and they did.

TexasDude on November 29, 2009 at 12:28 AM

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Love that old coot!

Lanceman on November 29, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Southernblogger on November 29, 2009 at 12:24 AM

But here’s my issue. Would we (currently) accept a republican that voted to pass Obama-care? If not, why would we accept one that wanted to used taxpayer dollars for healthcare. I see what you’re saying about electability, but at the moment, I’m not convinced that supporting gov’t funded abortions for a life threatening scenario would actually get a ProgRepub elected.

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Speedwagon82 on November 29, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Read the book. It will be time well spent.

Sapwolf on November 29, 2009 at 12:28 AM

MeatHeadinCA …

And THAT is a litmus test!

They got you going and coming!

TexasDude on November 29, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Speedwagon82 on November 29, 2009 at 12:24 AM

LOL…doesn’t that describe just about any election winner?

*Yawn* another thread hijacked by the usual anti-Palin zealots. It’s getting old.

ddrintn on November 29, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Sapwolf on November 29, 2009 at 12:27 AM

I’m quite sure they can’t read, and if they could, all the big words would be too much.

jainphx on November 29, 2009 at 12:31 AM