Happy Thanksgiving!

posted at 10:00 am on November 26, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

I’d like to offer a more traditional message of thanksgiving in this post, and wish all of our Hot Air community a happy Thanksgiving Day with their families and friends.  I’ll be spending my day with our extended Minnesota family.  My daughter-in-law’s family lovingly adopted us years ago and invite us to all of their family functions, and so we will get to relax with the whole crew over a traditional Thanksgiving meal.  They have been a huge blessing to the First Mate and me, and I’m very thankful for that.

Of course, we will be thankful for the phone service that connects us to our families back home in California, where Thanksgiving Day is significantly warmer.  I’m sure they’ll be thankful that the temperature won’t get down to the 41 degrees it will be today in Minnesota.  We will catch up with them this morning and wish them a happy Thanksgiving, too, and be thankful for the opportunity to do so.

What will be the blessings I keep in mind for today, and for which I will thank our Lord?  Of course, first and foremost will be our families and friends.  After that, as always, I will thank Him for the good fortune to live in this nation where men and women can be free to pursue their dreams.  I will thank the Lord for the men and women who safeguard that liberty and security, whether they be in Iraq, Afghanistan, on the seas, in the air, or in our local police and fire stations, ready to risk their own lives to secure ours.  That is an awesome and moving dedication that may be difficult to comprehend fully, but I am fully grateful for its existence.

I’ll also be thankful for this forum, in which I get to express my sense of liberty, The Boss who graciously allows me to earn a living while doing so, my partner Allahpundit, and all of the readers and commenters who make it possible.  It is such a blessing to be part of Hot Air, and the last six years of blogging has been a dream come true.  Thank you, all of you, and may God bless you and your families on this contemplative holiday.

I’ll try to take the rest of the day off, but if I get some cute video of the granddaughters, I’ll be back.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

You won’t hear me say this often, being a Red Raider, But GIG EM AGGIES!

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Time to think about Christmas…

Jeff2161 on November 26, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Shhhh…my pumpkin pie is digesting.

Miss Molly on November 26, 2009 at 9:15 PM

sorry johnnyU

blatantblue on November 26, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I lost a parent to cancer a month ago and truley miss them today but I guess I am thankful god didnt have them suffer any further. Sad stuff.

johnnyU on November 26, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Truly sorry for your loss. I went through it a few years ago and it makes the holidays a little melancholy for me.

Know that they are in a much better place now, and be thankful for that. Prayers are with you and your family tonight.

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Whoa. Pigs flying. Someone is thankful for Allahpundit. Get ready for bland threads if this catches on.

Happy Thanksgiving.

platypus on November 26, 2009 at 9:20 PM

What am I Thankful for? This year’s list is long (guess it always is), but my top two -

1) Close friend is alive after bicyclist (her) vs car accident. Police called coroner 1st. Long recovery ahead, but through this many have realized a renewed faith &

2)Son arrives in an hour and a half – home from overseas service! Safe at home again after a year when he was in Iraq and Germany.

InTheBellyoftheBeast on November 26, 2009 at 9:23 PM

I am very grateful today.

In June, my dad, my best bud’s dad, and my other best bud’s mom all got various cancers.

I am very very grateful to have fared best. One of my friend’s fathers is slowly fading from stage 4 pancreatic. its such a horrible thing. I don’t even know how to even try to understand the pain he is going through.

so today i am very very lucky…
albeit feeling a bit guilty that my bud’s didn’t fare as well as me.

blatantblue on November 26, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I got a best friend coming home from Camp Victory in about 3 1/2 weeks and we’re gonna ‘hard water’ fish all Winter. I’m thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Doorgunner on November 26, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I’m grateful John Kerry lost in ’04.

blatantblue on November 26, 2009 at 9:27 PM

johnnyU on November 26, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Lost my mom to cancer two weeks before Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. But what she was going through, the hard-death journey, made us all thankful, in a way, when she passed.

On that day, her suffering ended. But she lives on!

God Bless you and your family.

TXUS on November 26, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Now thank we all our God
With heart and hands and voices,
Who wondrous things hath done,
In whom His world rejoices;
Who from our mother’s arms
Hath blessed us on our way
With countless gifts of love,
And still is ours today.

Oh, may this bounteous God
Through all our life be near us,
With ever joyful hearts
And blessed peace to cheer us;
And keep us in His grace
And guide us when perplexed
And free us from all ills
In this world and the next.

All praise and thanks to God
The Father now be given,
The Son, and Him who reigns
With them in highest heaven:
The one eternal God,
Whom earth and heaven adore!
For thus it was, is now,
And shall be evermore.

OmahaConservative on November 26, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. That sure is a racist picture on the front page. No Sidney Poitier, no Dustin Hoffman, zip.

For shame.

platypus on November 26, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Give thanks to the Lord for he is good,
for his mercy endures forever. Psalm 118

God’s mercy always and everywhere and on everyone who calls His name is what I am most thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to all at Hot Air and to all the Hot Air-heads who every day give me something to think, learn or laugh about. You all are examples of the American genius at work. Here’s wishing all the best to our trolls, and hope that maybe through their time here they will live and learn and become Hot Air-heads, too!

tigerlily on November 26, 2009 at 9:35 PM

You won’t hear me say this often, being a Red Raider, But GIG EM AGGIES!

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Good game so far.

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 9:36 PM

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 9:36 PM

You still haven’t told me what a teasip is.

Lanceman on November 26, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Ed and AP, thanks for a great website and forum.

james23 on November 26, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Good game so far.

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Aggies are surprising me, I think they are surprising UT as well. I would love to see them knock those T-Sippers off their high horse tonight.

Anyhow, great game thus far.

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 9:44 PM

You still haven’t told me what a teasip is.

Lanceman on November 26, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Derogatory term for a UT student.

TXUS on November 26, 2009 at 9:46 PM

You still haven’t told me what a teasip is.

Lanceman on November 26, 2009 at 9:41 PM

A term used to describe someone from the University of Texas. It pisses them off because the urban dictionary has this.

teasip
One of alternate lifestyle and reality. Delusions of grandeur is a main symptom. One who has limps wrists and a small junk is a telltale sign. favorite color = rainbow. Whiney.
Pee Wee Hermanlike. The other guy on “Will & Grace” TV show.
Anyone that attended texas university is a teasip.

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 9:51 PM

You still haven’t told me what a teasip is.

Lanceman on November 26, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Sorry about that. T-sip is what Aggies call people who go/went to tu. T-sips are typically pretentious and the kind of folk who sip tea with their pinky in the air.

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 9:51 PM

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 9:51 PM

I was trying to be polite about it. LOL!

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 9:51 PM

I was trying to be polite about it. LOL!

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Since when is Texas college football (or school rivalries) polite? :-)

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I’m thankful for my family and friends,for my job, for being able to post my opinion on sites like this and being blessed by God to have born and raised American. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Pass the Mylanta.

kingsjester on November 26, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Since when is Texas college football (or school rivalries) polite? :-)

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 9:55 PM

It’s Thanksgiving so I was being charitable. :)

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM

teasip
Pee Wee Hermanlike. The other guy on “Will & Grace” TV show.
Anyone that attended texas university is a teasip.

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 9:51 PM

You leave Allahpundit alone, ya hear?

TXUS on November 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Let’s see

what is Allahpundit thankful for?

Redbull

Catnip

McDonald’s

Cheetos

Not having carpal tunnel syndrome

Robots

blow up dolls

and lastly

appletinis

blatantblue on November 26, 2009 at 10:00 PM

You leave Allahpundit alone, ya hear?

TXUS on November 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM

LOL!

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 10:01 PM

It’s Thanksgiving so I was being charitable. :)

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Admirable, but remember, I am a sand in the teeth, tortilla throwing Red Raider. I have no scruples.

My Thanksgiving good will is helping you root for the Ag’s.

But tomorrow, it’s back on baby!

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 10:04 PM

You leave Allahpundit alone, ya hear?

TXUS on November 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Ha! I didn’t say anything about cats.

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 10:05 PM

But tomorrow, it’s back on baby!

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 10:04 PM

From the Urban Dictionary:

A glorified community college out in the middle of Lubbock, which is out in the middle of nowhere and is full of strip malls. The students are all ill-mannered, rowdy and they love to drive drunk. They think this means they are a great party school because rednecks plus cheap beer = great party in Lubbock, TX. Most Tech students are in rehab within 2 years of graduation. If the idea of blowing people away with attending the Harvard of the Panhandle and majoring in Leisure Management and then getting a job managing a Costco appeals to you, then shoot for Tech! It has 4 different mascots and copies anything it can from other schools. Likes to pretend it’s a major university and that UT is a rival, but that obviously isn’t true. Leave Texas and nobody has heard of Tech. Lots of upper middle and just middle class kids from the metroplex who couldn’t get into UT go to Tech, along with West-Texas-educated (that’s an oxymoron) oil patch seesaw playing, cattle humping redneck offspring who are the first person in their family to go to college. You have to drive practically outside the city to get booze, which is odd, because Tech students are all drunks – but they have to live in Lubbock, so who can blame them. They have to stay drunk in order to stop themselves from committing suicide because Lubbock SUCKS. Gotta give the school props for having it’s very own STD – Raider Rash. The girls who go to school at Tech are pretty, why they’re pretty enough to be in Playboy magazine, which is every classy girl’s dream come true. Playboy always goes to Tech when they want a spread (no pun intended) about college skanks. Those Tech tramps are more than willing to pose nude with an elegant Red Raider plushie or Tech banner. So pretty.
Did you see that bleach-blonde ho spread eagled in Playboy doing the ‘guns up’ sign? She graduated from Texas Tech and had to retire from her “career” because of Raider Rash.

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 10:11 PM

OUCH! That’s gonna leave a mark!

Ok, that’s actually true.

Jealousy.

Hey, I said tomorrow it is on, a preemptive hit ag?

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Tomorrow is soon enough to get back to fighting the terrorist attack from within that is now in its eleventh month.

For tonight, I’ll simply say thanks.

The standard package of family, God, troops defending our freedoms, and being an American. But beyond that, the opportunities that exist here in America. In most places in the world, the filthy lying coward in the White House would simply take power and issue decrees and we’d be forced to live with the results. The rat bastard traitor is having to fight for his radical socialist agenda because Americans have a voice and he is losing the debate.

I am thankful for the fact that Americans can call their President a filthy lying coward and not get arrested as a result. I’ve got a college-mate in Zimbabwe that has not been heard of in years. Here’s hoping we never lose sight of how rare a gift that dissent without consequences is in this world.

highhopes on November 26, 2009 at 10:23 PM

THANKSGIVING DICTIONARY

by

Charles G. Waugh
(unless otherwise specified)

CRANBERRY JELLO: Slide dish.
CROSS CHICKENS WITH TURKEYS: Get peeping toms.
CROSS OCTOPI WITH TURKEYS: Get all the drumsticks needed. (Based on a Q&A in The National Federation of the Blind, The Bell, the Clapper and the Cord, 1994, p. 62)
A FEW NACHOS: What you have to let your belt out after eating.
FOUL LANGUAGE: ”Gobble, Gobble; Cheep, Cheep.”
FOWL: Four letter bird. (Variation of a statement in Art. Moger, ed., The Complete Pun Book, 1979, p. 99)
GOBLET: Small turkey. (Variation of a statement by Charles Keller)
GOES WELL WITH TURKEY SALAD: Wishbone® dressing.

INBRED TURKEY: Sandwich.
MEATHEAD: Carves the turkey.
NOVEMBIRD: “Turkey” synonym.
PEPPER MILL: Season’s gratings.
SMALL TOFU CHICKEN: Little faux peep.
STUFFING: Bread the turkey ate. (Loosely based on a statement by Hank Ketcham)
STUFFING MAKER: Grainfully employed.
THANKSGIVING: Feathers’ Day.

THANKSGIVING CHICKEN: Cheep alternative.
THANKSGIVING DIET: Losing proposition. (Inspired by a statement in Art. Moger, ed., The Complete Pun Book, 1979, p. 36)
THANKSGIVING DINNER: 1) A time-consuming event that takes an hour to eat, a day to cook, a week to arrange, and a month to bounce back from. (Based on a statement by Robert Orben)
2) Giving your husband the bird.
THANKSGIVING R & R: Roast and relaxation.
3.142 PUMPKINS: Pumpkin pi. (Joseph Leff and MsSam)
TOFURKY®: A dish best served to someone else. (Inspired by a statement in Herbert V. Prochnow, ed., Speaker’s and Toastmaster’s Handbook, 1993)
TOM-TOMS: Siamese turkeys.

THE TROUBLE WITH THANKSGIVING: Two days later you’re hungry again. (Based on a statement by Milton Berle)
TURKEY BUFFET: Smorgasbird.
TURKEY LEFTOVERS: Hash reality.
TURKEY SAUSAGE: Best of the wurst. (Charles G. Waugh and Joseph Leff)
TURKEYS: The stuffed of which dreams are made. (Statement by Charles G. Waugh and Kathy Sweet Waugh)
VOLUNTEER TO WASH THE DISHES: What you should do if you need some time alone. (Loosely based on a statement from an internet source)
WHAT MAY FLOWERS BRING: Pilgrims. (Based on a statement from http://www.theholidayspot.com/thanksgiving/jokes.htm)
YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IF: Thanksgiving dinner is squirrel and dumplings. (Based on a statement from http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_nov2005/Redneck_Thanksgiving.htm)

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on November 26, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Hey, I said tomorrow it is on, a preemptive hit ag?

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 10:19 PM

LOL! I couldn’t bear look up to see what it said about A&M. Whomever wrote the Tech piece is pretty witty though.

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 10:27 PM

goodnight all

may you all sleep well and have lots of sex.

blatantblue on November 26, 2009 at 10:28 PM

or unless you’re AP and you’ll have to settle for Golden Girls re-runs.

blatantblue on November 26, 2009 at 10:28 PM

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Lubbock has always been somewhere between “Peggy Sue” and my rear view mirror.

TXUS on November 26, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Lubbock has always been somewhere between “Peggy Sue” and my rear view mirror.

TXUS on November 26, 2009 at 10:29 PM

I put Lubbock in my rear view mirror about 25 years ago. To tell the truth, I don’t miss it a bit, I have grown fond of trees.

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 10:33 PM

I couldn’t bear look up to see what it said about A&M.
txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 10:27 PM

I’ll find that for you tomorrow. :-)

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 10:35 PM

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 9:51 PM

OK. That’s pretty much what I have pictured every time Boortz starts yapping about ‘teasips’.

Lanceman on November 26, 2009 at 10:39 PM

I’ll find that for you tomorrow. :-)

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I have no doubt about that. :)

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Lubbock has always been somewhere between “Peggy Sue” and my rear view mirror.

TXUS on November 26, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Fortunately, Lubbock has only been in my rear view mirror once in my life.

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 10:40 PM

or unless you’re AP and you’ll have to settle for Golden Girls re-runs.

blatantblue on November 26, 2009 at 10:28 PM

The Golden Girls are right up your cougar alley BB.

txag92 on November 26, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I am thankful for paper plates and stainless flatware (I’m tired of hand-washing the silver, china & crystal)!

I’m VERY thankful for all of y’all at Hot Air. God bless our troops and their families.

TN Mom on November 26, 2009 at 10:48 PM

I posted earlier today and left right after to watch ballgames. Just checked back in and wanted to say I appreciate the kind remarks about my post from several of you – it made me feel very welcome. I tend to be a little shy about posting as so many of you are so clever with words and do such a great job expressing your opinions – always enjoyable to read! Thanks again!

silvernana on November 26, 2009 at 10:53 PM

TN Mom on November 26, 2009 at 10:48 PM

silvernana on November 26, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Live well, love good and always, always, take Obama’s name in vain.

TXUS on November 26, 2009 at 11:12 PM

First I give thanks to God Almighty and his promise of salvation for unworthy wretches like myself. I give special thanks this year for the most beautiful book in the world, the Bible, the words of which formed the character of this nation

I give special thanks for the Jewish nation, whose glorious faith and history is enshrined in the Old Testament. They preserved the words of their prophets over the centuries, by faith and love

I humbly say thank you to the volunteers in our military who have given up personal liberty and safety to preserve ours. I pray for your safety, in Jesus’ name.

I am thankful for MM, Ed, AP and the great site where ideas are argued. I am grateful there is an MM, who is a fighter and someone I trust. I am also thankful MM is younger than me so I will never have to say goodbye unless she joins the Huffington Post

I am thankful for the many folk who contribute to this site. They have opened my eyes too many times to count

I am thankful for the Tea Party brigade who lifted my spirits more than I ever can express.

I am thankful my grandfather came to America when he was 15. His stepfather was beating his mother and grandpa clobbered him on the head. They thought he had killed the guy so his mom gave him money to flee the country. I am thankful the stepfather did not die after all from the bashing, at least that is the story and I am sticking with it. I am thankful my grandmother came to America when she was fifteen to escape a marriage. I am glad she chose grandpa (for her second husband). She told me she had three men to choose from, but Granpa didn’t party with the guys, and he hated sex, so that clinched it, at least that is the story and I am sticking to it.

I am thankful for the turkey who ate well, and I hope, perished with honor

This comment had me thinking:

This year I am also especially thankful that we have someone like Sarah Palin living rent free in the left’s heads. CDeb on November 26, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Where would we be at this point in time if we did not have a Palin in the national scene? It would be dreary indeed, for most trust has been spent foolishly, and trust is precious in cynical times

I thank God we have someone other than the usual uspects in our future

entagor on November 26, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Thankful for the land of my birth, my friends and family, a wonderful day of food and fellowship. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

txmomof6 on November 26, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Well, valiant effort Aggies! At least you made em sweat a bit. And who knows, maybe even knock them down a point or two in the BCS rankings.

Hat’s off from a west Texan.

conservnut on November 26, 2009 at 11:43 PM

Happy Thanksgiving Hotair people. So thankful to live in the greatest country on earth, for the freedom to argue with all you fine folks.

RightOFLeft on November 26, 2009 at 11:44 PM

A quick overview of ObMao’s Thanksgiving address:

“On this special day when we all pause to give thanks, I think all of us can put aside our differences and agree on one thing we are all thankful for. Me. Thank me for me. Amen.”

OK, he didn’t say it but that’s what he meant.

Very Happy Thanksgiving to all in Hot Air land. I appreciate all of you.

swede7 on November 26, 2009 at 11:53 PM

HOOK ‘EM HORNS AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y’ALL! :)

redridinghood on November 27, 2009 at 12:02 AM

The youngest Boy Wonder and I just got back from seeing The Blindside. It was very good. We both enjoyed it.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Well good night Hot Air, Jack Daniels is telling me it’s time to go to bed.

Tomorrow, back to business as usual, once more into the breach my friends! We have a war to fight!

conservnut on November 27, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Thanks to Ed, Allah, and the Boss. It’s great to be right than to be wrong.

BuckeyeSam on November 27, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2009 at 12:03 AM

I know you didn’t go with blantantblue nor the man-child at 1600, so I assume you were safe.

I want to see this movie with my sons, but was worried it was PC. Tell me it’s okay.

TXUS on November 27, 2009 at 12:20 AM

TXUS on November 27, 2009 at 12:20 AM

I think it will be fine, the roughest part is when Michael goes back to his old neighborhood the language is a bit rough (a$$, bi!ch, the n word) and some sexual innuendo that will require an Urban dictionary or interpretation from lorien1973. It shows a family of faith and conservative values in a very positive light, something not often seen from Hollywood. I guess it depends on their ages, I hope this has helped.

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Black Friday?

MB4 on November 27, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Dollayo on November 27, 2009 at 2:05 AM

EliTheBean on November 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM
So sorry, may God give you strength, and watch over your dad…

lovingmyUSA on November 26, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Thanks Loving! And to all the others who have been touch this year by cancer. May God see us all safely home (and not via ObamaCare.)

EliTheBean on November 27, 2009 at 4:23 AM

Thanksgiving was a bad day for allahpundit.

He has no one to thank for the good stuff in his life!

JaqobJackson on November 27, 2009 at 5:22 AM

Black Friday?

MB4 on November 27, 2009 at 1:18 AM

That’s racist!

Mr Purple on November 27, 2009 at 6:31 AM

good morning all!

kelley in virginia on November 27, 2009 at 6:39 AM

my husband reminded me that those shopping on Black Friday had already been at it for 2 hours. good grief.

kelley in virginia on November 27, 2009 at 6:39 AM

kelley in virginia on November 27, 2009 at 6:39 AM

I did “Black Friday” a couple years ago…never again. Unless you’re one of the first 100 people in line, you probably won’t get the thing(s) you went for. A lot of stores aroun here opened at 4am…Wal-Mart I think was open all night, I guess trying to avoid what happened last year when that worker was stampeded to death.

It’s just far too early in the morning to go join a pack of frenzied bargain hunters…I’d rather wait, down a couple brews, and go be amongst the other idiots who wait until Christmas Eve as usual…*sigh*

JetBoy on November 27, 2009 at 7:03 AM

The thankful list is long, but mostly I want to say how grateful I am for the sacrifices many of you have made, who have served and are now serving, for the rest of us. Our country would not be as great if not for you. We stand tall and proud because of your sacrifices.

elclynn on November 27, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here and at Hot Air, Pajamas Media, and Michelle Malkin.com;
And God Bless OUR U.S.A.!

Cybergeezer on November 27, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Cindy Munford on November 27, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Thanks. They’re 7 and 18, but both pretty wordly for their ages. Sounds like a good flick for them.

Have a great weekend!

TXUS on November 27, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I am grateful for one last Thanksgiving with my Dad, who has stage 4 cancer.

EliTheBean on November 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Reading through all the posts, yours touched my heart so much because I know what you are going through. Eighteen years ago my mother had multiple myeloma (bone cancer) and suffered through that for two years. Of course, the family suffers just nearly as much but in a very different way. So may God go with you as you go through this very difficult time.

It was such a blessing to read all your posts yesterday and to be able to have a forum to express what we were grateful for among a group of mostly like minded good folks. There was such a wide range of reasons to be thankful – some funny, some sad, but all very touching because everyone took the time to think about our blessings amid a time of uncertainty in our great country. Thanks for the opportunity to have this place to vent and discuss – it feels like a family!

silvernana on November 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM

I’ve lost family around this time of year; In fact, one day before Thanksgiving.
Reading the posts about losing family and spending the last days with them only brings to mind what demise awaits myself and all of you.
I can be thankful for my current health and well being and that I’m not weighing my family down with any terminal ailments, and misery.
The ones that put themselves through chemo are truley saints. I’d probably do it, myself. But, I’d have to think about it long and hard.
Being there for your family is the greatest gift you can give.
All you can give after that is memories.

Cybergeezer on November 27, 2009 at 6:53 PM