Video: Beck discourages re-enlistment under Obama?

posted at 9:30 am on November 25, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

I don’t disagree with most of what Glenn Beck says in this piece. Courts-martial for Navy SEALS who allegedly gave a terrorist a fat lip while in custody? Does the Navy court-martial sailors who give each other fat lips? Would a SEAL stop at a fat lip if he actually got out of control?  (I know a couple of SEALs, and I highly, highly doubt it.)  Few would disagree with the thought that we should put the men and women who dedicate their lives to this country as our first priority, either, and that we should give them the resources to win fights when we put them in the middle of a war.  But going on national television and advising them not to re-enlist?  Beck does that here, and that’s one step too far (via The Right Scoop):

I’d have a problem with this advice if it was given privately, let alone to millions watching on television.  Men and women enlist in the volunteer service to defend America, not to pick and choose which Commander in Chief they follow.  They’re professionals who serve with honor regardless of the politics of the day.  If they feel as though they’re not getting the support they need, they will know it better than those of us sitting stateside arguing over politics and policy.  They will not need us to suggest that they bail out of the military if those are truly the conditions under which they serve.

Had someone like Keith Olbermann or Chris Matthews gone on the air in 2005-8 and told millions (well, thousands in that case) that men and women should refuse re-enlistment because George Bush had underresourced the fight in Iraq — which seems indisputable now, especially after the success of the surge — conservatives would have screamed from the rooftops, and been right to do so.  Furthermore, the problem in Iraq of underresourcing and strategic drift and decline lasted more than twice as long then as Obama’s been in office now.

We’re a nation at war, with the best and most professional army in history.  We should trust that they can calculate the benefits and drawbacks of reenlistment with much greater insight than civilians, and refrain from using that process for political purposes — and especially refrain from encouraging our best and brightest to leave when we need them the most.

Update: Yes, he really did tell his nephew not to re-enlist:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 8 9 10

By organizing in opposition, not letting them destroy the country to show how bad they are.

What do you think we’re doing now?

Tell that to the jihadists.

The Jihadists have been at war with us since the Iranian Revolution. Whether we’re in Afghanistan or not isn’t going to change that.

Obama is a liar. Haven’t you come to grips with that yet?

Duh. But he’s also the MFIC of the Armed forces. The one who decides where they go and why. Haven’t you come to grips with that yet?

Well, no it isn’t and Bin Laden isn’t the only jihadist.

Yeah, the one we went to Afghanistan to get. Remember, we gave the Taliban a certain amount of time to turn that douche or we would invade. That was the whole point.

I already have. So lets be clear, you are advocating that we leave Afghanistan. Lose the war there. Right?

We’ve been losing that war since we took our eyes off the ball.

Shock and awe was Iraq.

DUH 2.0. The mission changed once we invaded Iraq. From that point on, Afghanistan was forgotten.

You seem to need a lot of obvious things explained, and re-explained to you.

Actually, you’re not even giving any rational explanations; Only rhetoric.

It would take time away from your Beck worship.

So, you think it’s better to read the bizarre Utopian rantings on Kos than listen or read the libertarian views of Beck? Interesting.

Well, yes, yes he was.

It’s a hell of a decision and some people, …ahhhem, are pretty impressionable

Are you saying that people are too stupid to make such a huge decision for themselves? You sounded like Kerry there for a moment.

The point is he is advocating a “solution” to a problem that effectively gets us to the same place the far left wants to go… again. He is advocating a “solution” that injures the country, again.

The far left wants to destroy our military. They have no respect for our soldiers. They have no problems politicizing them (that is why the msm fought to show flag drapped caskets when “W” was in office and now they ignore the death tolls)and they opt to call the terrorists “freedom fighters” instead of our own soldiers. Show me where Glenn Beck ever treated our soldiers that way and I will concede.

Whether or not people get sick of serving in the military is irrelevant, the course of action he has endorsed injures the service and the country at large.

It is relevant because they will be the ones doing the time and getting sent to places that could get them killed. One statement from Beck isn’t going to make a difference Murtha, Reid, Kerry, and all the other idiots claimed that the war was lost didn’t make a difference in how many troops we have serving.

If he cared as much about the country as he does about stirring up ratings generating controversy he would stop himself a few steps before he crosses the line. He doesn’t though.

Actually, he’s willing to put everything he has on the line for this country. He’s not in it for the ratings. I don’t know how many times he’s talked about being poor and if what he says causes him to lose everything, he’s cool with it so long as he’s telling the truth and he can live with himself. Since you don’t listen to him, you just assume (mother of all f-ups, remember?)that he’s in it for the ratings. Oh well, I still want to know how Beck has prevented you or your family members from enlisting in the military. He must have some serious blackmail photos of you.

mizflame98 on November 27, 2009 at 10:30 PM

By the way, if you believe serving in the military is a sacrifice that other people and their children should make but you and yours are too precious then you should go find somewhere else to live.

Boxy_Brown on November 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I have. I served in the US Army during Operation Desert Storm. My Ex-Husband retired from the Army, My father Joined the US Air force During the Korean War, and my Husband served in the Army (1980-1991). My husband also went back over to Iraq to support the troops as a civilian Medic in from 2003-2004. He was in Saddam’s home town of Tikrit (FOB Danger), and my husband’s Grandfather was a retired Colonel that served in WWII. So, thanks but no thanks on that invitation to leave my country. I think it’s the best one in the world and my husband and I are still willing to fight for it. Just like Palin: We’re not retreating; we’re reloading.

mizflame98 on November 27, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Oh, if you have any question on whether Beck is doing it for the ratings, here ya go.

mizflame98 on November 27, 2009 at 10:43 PM

What do you think we’re doing now?

Arguing over whether or not that buffoon that you adore is correct in advocating abandoning the military when we are in a state of war.

The Jihadists have been at war with us since the Iranian Revolution.

Since the founding of the country. “Millions for defense, but not a penny for tribute.”–Thomas Jefferson

Whether we’re in Afghanistan or not isn’t going to change that

Handing them a victory is a betrayal of the country and the people who were murdered on 9/11. Again, it will bring more attacks if we surrender any front to these scumbags. Surrendering to al qaeda is what you are advocating. That’s treason.

“Duh. But he’s also the MFIC of the Armed forces. “

So you want to surrender to the jihadists who murdered more Americans on American soil in order to get at the “MFIC”. (classy) Yup, treason. What’s the difference between you and Harry Reid again? Or Medea Benjamin for that matter? You want both want a humiliating defeat for the USA it’s just that they are more logical in their reasons for their duplicity.

“Yeah, the one we went to Afghanistan to get. “

So now that we peeked around a bit we should just turn the whole thing back over to the al qaeda… Smart.

“We’ve been losing that war since we took our eyes off the ball.”

We were losing Iraq until we won it. Indeed, that has been the case with many other conflicts in history. We defeated the Soviets, the Nazis, the Japanese… Don’t yiou think we can defeat the Taliban?
You aren’t defeated until you quit. You are advocating quitting. Surrendering to the jihadi scum. Same as the far left. See? IN EFFECT you are all on the same page.

” The mission changed once we invaded Iraq.”

Should we have surrendered there as well? (Anyone else want to tell me how conservative mizflame98 is? Am I still risking getting “shot” DavidK? Or am I just exposing hypocrisy, a complete disregard for the country and an infantile desire to get ones own way, consequences for the USA be damned?)

“How? Did he come to your home and put a gun to your head or did he blackmail you in some way?”

He advocated for such in the links you posted.

“Are you saying that people are too stupid to make such a huge decision for themselves?”

I was calling you impressionable. Guess you didn’t get it.

“The far left wants to destroy our military.”

By not enlisting or re-enlisting, among other ways. Same effect.

“They have no problems politicizing them “

Neither do you and beck, evidently.

“Show me where Glenn Beck ever treated our soldiers that way and I will concede.”

What’s the difference between politicizing them to lose the war or politicizing them to slam the “MFIC”? What’s the effective difference between telling people not to enlist because you hate the military and want to see the country lose and telling people not to enlist because you hate the government? It all ends in the same place. Defeat and humiliation for the country. Which is the idea, right? The left tries to pin the Iraqi war dead on Bush, you and Beck are trying to pin the Afghanistan loss on Obama. It’s traitorous. Treasonous.

It isn’t relevant to the point that Beck is seditious to politicize service in the military by telling our troops not to serve because the domestic political environment stinks.

“One statement from Beck isn’t going to make a difference”

Hopefully not. The point is that he made that statement. It is a part of a string of statements and positions he has taken that have put his short term political agenda ahead of the good of the country.

“Actually, he’s willing to put everything he has on the line for this country. “

And you know that because he told you? What prevented him? While some of us were out doing it he was getting drunk, doing coke and firing people for bringing him pens with the wrong color ink. (No kidding) It’s really not all that hard to put “everything you have on the line for this country”.

“Since you don’t listen to him, you just assume (mother of all f-ups, remember?)that he’s in it for the ratings.”

I’m not naive and hopelessly devoted. (father of all f-ups, remember?) Besides, I’ve seen enough. Eventually it will become inescapable to you too.

“I still want to know how Beck has prevented you or your family members from enlisting in the military.”

He didn’t. I served and I have a nephew in now.

Boxy_Brown on November 27, 2009 at 11:29 PM

mizflame98 on November 27, 2009 at 10:43 PM

“Glenn Beck Is Willing To Lose His Life For This Country”

Pretty easy to say from a TV studio in midtown Manhattan ….from someone who is old enough (and has a disqualifying history of drug abuse) to not have to worry about walking the walk. Hey, he could always take the place that his nephew is going to free up.

Boxy_Brown on November 27, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Boxy_Brown on November 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM

why don’t you re-enlist then and go die for your lord and savior obama?

this country isn’t worth dying for anymore…if you think it is, go right ahead.

its time for you libs to die for your country. it sure ain’t my country anymore.

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Boxy_Brown on November 27, 2009 at 11:37 PM

yeah pretty easy to say on a message board.

Beck has done more for freedom than a million like you ever will…

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 12:41 AM

why don’t you re-enlist then and go die for your lord and savior obama?

Why don’t you learn how to read or drop dead. On second thought, just drop dead.

“this country isn’t worth dying for anymore…”

Get the hell out then you parasite. Go find something else to die for.

“it sure ain’t my country anymore.”

Well it is mine. Get lost.

yeah pretty easy to say on a message board.

Yeah, it is easy to make a point on a message board. Too bad it is too difficult for you.

Beck has done more for freedom coke than a million like you ever will…

Fixed it for you, troll.

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 12:51 AM

mizflame98 on November 27, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Soooo, everything you wrote about not serving and losing in Afghanistan was not the case…

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 12:59 AM

O.k. so this was posted several days ago and this is virtually a dead thread, but I gotta say something.

My thoughts: Firstly, discouraging re-enlistment, enlistment, whatever because of the politics of the CiC is wrong. I have nothing against Beck, but he is dead wrong on this issue. Second, I find it very irritating when people talk of service to their country and then say “Well, I didn’t want to support an administration I didn’t agree with so…”. That’s utter bull. Being apart of the military isn’t about liking the President. You support the country and the Constitution. Those two things never change. People act like you have to support the President 100% of the time in order to serve, that is not the case.

I say this as a proud member of the military and a conservative. I don’t agree with Pres. Obama’s policies some of the time, but this is my country, he is my president. I’ll leave when I’m good and ready, not because of the policies of the CiC. I’m not going to spend my time whining and moping around, we all have work to do.

-RWG out

Rightwingguy on November 28, 2009 at 1:56 AM

Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children
Doorgunner on November 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Not sure if you’ll ever read this, devildog. Just wanted to let you know this squid appreciates your sacrifice.

davidk on November 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Got something against the Navy?

simplesimon on November 27, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Oh, like Chemistry?

fastestslug on November 27, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Go on. Decide to Never Again Volunteer Yourself. See you in the fleet….

Rightwingguy on November 28, 2009 at 2:10 AM

right4life on November 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM

You irritate me.

Rightwingguy on November 28, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Is Glenn Beck the only intelligent patriot in America.

Hillary and Obama are right now trying to implement our soldiers being tried for war crimes by the Hague.

Wake up America

nondhimmie on November 28, 2009 at 7:47 AM

You irritate me.

Rightwingguy on November 28, 2009 at 2:18 AM

oh poor baby!

truth hurts doesn’t it sonny boy?

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 12:51 AM

I ain’t going nowhere fat boy. its scum like you that are turning this country into a fascist state. mindless stooges who obey their masters no matter what. just like the goons at Waco and Ruby ridge.

you are piece of shit. rot in hell.

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 12:51 AM

yeah go think you’re serving your country…when its obama you are serving…you think you’re a patriot..and your CIC and people like pelosi laugh at your loser ass, for being such a dupe and fool!! BWAHAHAHHAHAHAH

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 9:01 AM

mizflame98 on November 27, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Only you can find contradictions on what I say. Obama and his advisers are like a bunch of kids playing the game Risk. You might look like a war expert when you’re rolling the dice in your momma’s basement but it doesn’t translate to real life.
One thing me and my husband learned when going through fire academy is you don’t always rush into a burning building to save the person trapped inside. If the conditions are too dangerous what could happen is you wind up with two victims. The person trapped and yourself. Sometimes you have to pull back so you can be alive to fight another day. It’s the same with warfare. You don’t continually send people into a situation half-assed just to impress the jihadists. All you’re accomplishing is giving the jihadists the idea that we’re not serious and it shows our weakness. They don’t fear us now so what makes you think that holding on to the same strategy of half-assery will make any difference?

mizflame98 on November 28, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Got something against the Navy?

Which one?

(I think I saw Sheetrock in the first one.)

davidk on November 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM

you are piece of shit. rot in hell.

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Redneck RAAAAAGE!!!

simplesimon on November 28, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Redneck RAAAAAGE!!!

simplesimon on November 28, 2009 at 10:29 AM

left wing wacko ASSumption!!

its fun rattling wacko’s cages!!

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 10:36 AM

simplesimon on November 28, 2009 at 10:29 AM

oh yeah one other thing, this redneck is married to a black lady? how about you? bet you got lots of black uh ‘friends’ right? good liberal that you are…*smirk*

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 10:37 AM

you are piece of shit. rot in hell.

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 8:57 AM

So what does it say about you that you need to troll for attention here? I know, I’m giving you what you crave by even acknowledging your post but I have to admit that I get some satisfaction knowing what a mess your life must be. Arbitrarily lashing out on the internet may give you a momentary distraction from the pathetic mess you have made for yourself, but after you close your browser you are going to be right back in your sty. Venting your frustration with it, blaming the country for it, demonstrating yourself to be an idiot here wont change that fact. Indeed, the mental state you inhabit is what you deserve, all that rage and frustration is what you have earned.

Enjoy.

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 11:10 AM

mizflame98 on November 28, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Only you can find contradictions on what I say.

Love the country/Don’t serve the military. See any contradiction?

So we should defer to Generals like Petraeus and McCrystal who have proven themselves to be competent and have made it out of their parents basements. Wonder what they would have to say about some blowhard advising people to walk away from the military.

So let the house burn to save yourself. Courageous. Sorry, when the country is on fire I try to rush in. Let me know where you are a firefighter. Ill be sure and wear my nomex if I happen to be where you are responsible for putting out fires.

It’s the same with warfare.

You are rationalizing losing the war. You are rationalizing harming the country. You are doing this because you are putting your allegiance to a tv commentator above your allegiance to the United States and you are looking for a flimsy excuse to justify it.

You don’t surrender to evil monsters who murder your countrymen.

And abandoning the fight would show them what? Strength? Seriousness?

They don’t fear us now

Since the interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan there are a hell of a lot less of them to be “fearless”.

It’s surprising and sad that someone who claims to have served in the armed forces of the United States can justify both weakening our military and retreat in the face of the islamist monsters that littered lower Manhattan with American corpses. Also surprising that you can claim that there is no contradiction there and expect others to believe it as well.

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Love the country/Don’t serve the military. See any contradiction?

I did serve in the military. I noticed you breezed over that.

Uh, the CinC makes the final decision. In case you didn’t notice McChrystal has been waiting for months for his troops and during that time our soldiers have been dying. If you want to know what they think about Beck’s opinons then go ask them.

It has nothing to do with courage and everything to do with being smart. How is going into a very bad situation helping the person trapped when you die in the process? You can rant on with your idealism all you want, I’m talking logic here.

You don’t surrender to evil monsters who murder your countrymen.

And abandoning the fight would show them what? Strength? Seriousness?

The war doesn’t end just because we aren’t in Afghanistan. You said it yourself that we have been dealing with jihadists ever since the founding of this country. You’re thinking of warfare in a 20th century mindset. You can’t fight a war against jihadists that way anymore. There is no such thing as a “battlefield” when they strike anywhere in the world. So, you want us to stay in Afghanistan to prove some sort of point. I contend that Bin Laden isn’t even in Afghanistan and he is suppose to be our objective.

Are you sure about that? They breed like roaches.

And I’m not really surprised that a person who claims to have served in the military knows nothing about warfare. You rather go with idealism instead of work with a strategy. What you say we must do is not logical because it wastes our most valuable resources; the lives of our soldiers for a lesson that the jihadists will not be taught.

mizflame98 on November 28, 2009 at 12:06 PM

more idiotic ASSumptions. thats pretty good. oh yes I’ve made such a mess of my life…*smirk*

have you rejoined the military yet? why not? go serve your lord and master obama!! do Pelosi’s bidding!! sacrifice your life for hope and change!! BWAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHHA sucker

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Enjoy.

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 11:10 AM

oh yeah, where have I blamed my country for anything? you just make up lies…I’d sure rather have my *mess* of a life, than basing my whole life on lies, like you do.

but I know you need to tell lies about others to make yourself feel important!! because you are such an inadequate little man. guess thats why you have such trouble finding anyone to go out with!

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 12:27 PM

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Uhhh truth? Not sure what “truth” you’ve actually mentioned. All I’ve seen are statements that are hateful and really don’t make much sense. Like this:

I think that we serve in the military to serve and protect the Constitution…yes, I think I read that somewhere…..

Yeah… I guess “truth” doesn’t come in grammatically correct sentences, does it?

Rightwingguy on November 28, 2009 at 12:46 PM

I did serve in the military. I noticed you breezed over that.

Yet you are OK with someone trying to weaken it and the country. Benedict Arnold served in the military too.

“Uh, the CinC makes the final decision. “

The CinC we are “better off” with according to Beck. The one dithering on sending troops to a war that we should be abandoning according to you. Again, not a lot of distance between you and the far left who also wants us to lose the war. Not a lot of distance between him and the far left who wanted to elect Obama in the first place.

“It has nothing to do with courage and everything to do with being smart.”

No, it has everything to do with rationalizing a lousy position that you have painted yourself into because you can’t conceive that your twitter God can be wrong. It is traitorous to advocate walking away from a war that was started by the enemy on our soil. It is traitorous to discourage service in the military when the country is at war.

“You can rant on with your idealism all you want, I’m talking logic here. “

No, it’s a complete inversion of logic. Patriots do not want the country weakened. You don’t defend the country by weakening it. Lie to yourself all you want, but to argue otherwise just makes you look foolish.

“The war doesn’t end just because we aren’t in Afghanistan”

I thought you said it was over already… Yes, it doesn’t end if we leave Afghanastan. It just hands them a overwhelming victory and confirms that the jihadists can defeat any superpower that comes along. Nice victory you want to hand them… patriot.

“You can’t fight a war against jihadists that way anymore. There is no such thing as a “battlefield” when they strike anywhere in the world.”

So why are they fighting us there?

“So, you want us to stay in Afghanistan to prove some sort of point.

Indeed. A critical point; If you screw with the USA you are going to lose countries, fighters and be humiliated. (You have no idea how important the concepts of humiliation and shame are in Arabic/islamic cultures.) You want us to lose in Afghanistan to prove some sort of point…

“I contend that Bin Laden isn’t even in Afghanistan and he is suppose to be our objective. “

No, he is supposedly in Wazerastan, just across the border, where we have special forces looking for him. What will happen to the effort if we capitulate in Afghanistan?

“And I’m not really surprised that a person who claims to have served in the military knows nothing about warfare”

So I somehow don’t know anything about warfare because don’t think you strengthen the military by discouraging enlistment/re-enlistment? Or because I think it’s a bad idea to hand the enemy gigantic strategic victories? Or is it because I am not a breathless fan who has the audacity to question the seditious blather coming out of your double chinned blowhard?

“You rather go with idealism instead of work with a strategy. “

Weakening the military during a war = bad strategy.
Surrendering territory to the enemy = bad strategy.
Emboldening the worldwide jihadist movement by abandoning the af-pak theater and showing that we are a decidant, selfish, spoiled faux superpower that can be humiliated by a bunch of “roaches” would be a disaster. Advocating for that is traitorous.

“What you say we must do is not logical because it wastes our most valuable resources”

Fighting the enemy is “not logical”… Our soldiers will only be wasted if we follow the cowardly, selfish, stupid advice of people like you and your hero and deliberately make their sacrifice for nothing.

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 1:14 PM

oh yes I’ve made such a mess of my life…*smirk*

The way you comport yourself, your irrational, pointless rants that practically beg for attention, especially negative attention, your English as a second language presentation all demonstrate that you don’t have many life skills. You have to have a bit of emotional maturity to achieve any success in this world. A basket-case like you must find it frustrating. Good.

“because you are such an inadequate little man.”

Google up “psychological projection”. Do you think that you have presented yourself in a way that indicates that you think you are “adequate”? You troll away, begging for attention completely incapable of being able to maintain a intelligent conversation. Blindly lashing out with verbal diarrhea; does that speak of “adequacy”? Nope. Your impotent, inarticulate, arbitrary rage tells the tale. Shake your fist harder, that’s the mark of a winner. Lets have a bigger, mindless threat-display because people find that sooo compelling and persuasive. You have won the world over and made it yours Mr. Adequate, you make that so obvious with your eloquence.

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 1:42 PM

and what do you think you are doing in the military? who is the CIC again? hmmm??? congress and the president control what goes on in the military. and as we’ve seen the rules of engagement ensure that more of the military will be killed.

so what is hateful about that? its just an ugly truth. you serve your president. the military, as Ft. Hood demonstrates, is a politically correct institution, that will sacrifice lives for the sake of diversity…but hey whats a few lives compared to diversity?

so continue to lie to yourself, and tell yourself things like the following:

really, what constitution? you do realize that the constitution is whatever 5 people on the supreme court says it is, right? do you think the founders would share our current understanding of the constitution? do you think things like abortion are part of the constitution? how about things like Kelo? your property is not really your property.

so tell me again, what are fighting for? some ideal of a country that hasn’t existed in at least 80 year? are you OK with sacrificing your life for political correctness, either here or overseas? how about being court martialed for giving a murderous dog a fat lip?

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM

really? gosh I didn’t know, thank you, thank you SO MUCH!! I don’t know I managed to get a MS degree, or work as a professional for so long, without your help…and the wife, the kids one of whom just got a full scholarship at a very prestigious institution…I sure fooled everybody for decades, until you came along…yeah you got me figured out there Gomer!! Shazam!!

pointless? I sure scored enough points to really piss you off! so I must be doing something right!

I’m not the one who has trouble finding a date…but I can see why women would think you don’t quite measure up…shall we say?

a theat display? well what would you call this Gomer?

“this country isn’t worth dying for anymore…”

Get the hell out then you parasite. Go find something else to die for.

I didn’t say anything threatening at all then you come along and say these vile things…so I threw it back in your face, and your reaction is laughable.

you can give it, but you can’t take, sonny boy.

when are going to rejoin the military again? shouldn’t you be at the recruiters office? since you can’t find a job in the real world…

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 1:14 PM

this is just pathetically stupid. if you want to throw your life away go ahead. but don’t expect the rest of us to run off the cliff with you.

you want to die for Obama? go ahead…why aren’t you in the military again? didn’t you say you got out? why?

get back in, and put your money where your mouth is.

hypocrite.

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Yeah… I guess “truth” doesn’t come in grammatically correct sentences, does it?

Rightwingguy on November 28, 2009 at 12:46 PM

oh and don’t forget, at least half the country holds people like you in contempt. They don’t appreciate what you do…they consider people like you war criminals, who are just air-raiding villages and killing civilians

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 2:45 PM

completely incapable of being able to maintain a intelligent conversation.

really? then why have I managed to make you look so foolish?

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Venting your frustration with it, blaming the country for it

Enjoy.

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 11:10 AM

again, where have I blamed the country for anything?

if you weren’t an inadequate little weasel, you would be man enough to admit you lied and apologize.

But you’re not…because you’re a small little inadequate man, who has to tell lies about other to make himself feel important.

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 2:51 PM

oh and from a link on Hot Air:

As soon as she turned 18, she joined the Royal Navy to do her bit for the war effort.
Soldiers

Hers was a small part in a huge, history-making enterprise, and her contribution epitomises her generation’s sense of service and sacrifice.

Nearly 400,000 Britons died. Millions more were scarred by the experience, physically and mentally.

But was it worth it? Her answer – and the answer of many of her contemporaries, now in their 80s and 90s – is a resounding No.

What is extraordinary about the 150 replies he received, which he has now published as a book, is their vehement insistence that those who made the ultimate sacrifice in the war would now be turning in their graves.

There is the occasional bright spot – one veteran describes Britain as ‘still the best country in the world’ – but the overall tone is one of profound disillusionment.

‘I sing no song for the once-proud country that spawned me,’ wrote a sailor who fought the Japanese in the Far East, ‘and I wonder why I ever tried.’

‘My patriotism has gone out of the window,’ said another ex-serviceman.

link

again what are you fighting for? for our freedom? or our freedom to become a fascist/socialist state?

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 3:00 PM

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM

You know I do see your points. You, like many others, are concerned what direction this country is going and what direction Pres. Obama is taking it. The fact that you like neither current directions is not surprising.

You point about the Constitution being subject to interpretation is an excellent one. Look at the Dred Scott case or Brown v.s. Board of Education. At one point slavery was perfectly acceptable and so was discrimination.

So you are saying that America ceased being America in 1929-ish? Why do you make that claim? At any rate, I am in my current position because I not only believe in what America is and can be, but also because I believe in the young men and women I serve with everyday. There is always going to be PC in the military, it is the cost of doing business, I’m o.k. with that.

Well then it’s a good thing I’m not doing what I’m doing for you or anyone else. I’m doing it for me, my family and my ideals. There are men and women out their fighting for what they believe in. I support them 100% and I’m proud to serve with them.

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Now that you ask, mom and apple pie. :-)

I did see that article and I was very troubled by it. I hope that our veterans don’t feel this way and that they feel their sacrifice was worth it. I feel like it was.

Take care, right4life.

Rightwingguy on November 28, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Men and women enlist…not to pick and choose which Commander in Chief they follow…Had…Chris Matthews told millions…that men and women should “refuse re-enlistment”… — Ap

Hate to split hairs Ap, however volunteer enlisted do not “refuse” re-enlistment. He/she chooses to accept or decline his/her command’s recommendation, an offer of re-enlistment.

However, when a CinC is as blatantly subservient to foreign and anti-American influences as BO is, the volunteer has a personal responsibility to separate himself from such dis-service, especially after the enlistee has fulfilled his contract. Then, the present left can reinstate the draft, and rediscover what Johnson learned too late!

As for Uncle Beck’s advice, he’s on target! Citizens, and family members especially, have a responsibility to make their examined thoughts and opinions on current national service and political machinations known to their loved ones, and nation if one has such a microphone.

Beck, like Fred Thompson, is being forthright about the existential threats to the American Warrior, from, a CinC and political cadre that are less than committed to the cause that good patriotic men and women have been sent overseas to fight and die for.

As for your red-herring non-sense viz why guys and gals enlist (to defend America), or for that matter re-enlist, each has his own reasons — most, I hope, are patriotic, or choose the military for job security, or perhaps the schooling, etc etc etc, however some, like the Jihadist terrorist at Fort Hood has other motivations entirely. Point is, using the alleged singular patriotic motivations of servicemen to toss dirtballs at Beck is unbecoming, as well as yellow journalism.

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on November 28, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 1:14 PM

You don’t get it.

mizflame98 on November 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM

So why are they fighting us there?

Because they live there. But our war in Afghanistan didn’t stop Richard Reed, Ft. Dix Six, Madrid Bombing, Uigers, British bomings, Those dudes in Fl. that were plotting on taking out the Chrysler building, Ft. Hood shooter, terror attacks in the Phillipines, Myamar attacks, etc. etc. etc. This is a global war and whether we screw around in Afghanistan or not won’t change things.
BTW. This will be my last post to you since you are cherry picking my comments instead of keeping it all in context. You refuse to get what I’m saying and prefer to call me names like traitor and other such nonsense. I’m not going to change your mind because you refuse to listen. Good day to you.

mizflame98 on November 28, 2009 at 6:06 PM

because that was the time of the new deal when we started marching in a socialist direction…I guess you could say it was earlier under Teddy Roosevelt, and Woodrow Wilson. but the country our founders knew pretty much ended with the new deal.

the country isn’t what it was…not even from when I was a kid.

I understand, as long as you are OK with what the military is becoming. I just don’t think lives are worth political correctness…nor do I think we should sacrifice our soldiers lives because the rules of combat are so restrictive they cannot defend themselves.

I’m afraid you will, as those WWII veterans in britain, have your ideals crushed. I’ve read the back of the Book..and its rather obvious whats coming, and what direction this country is in. did you catch the emphasis? that was what Obama said about our troops.

My dad was a veteran of WWII..and before he died, he expressed the same sort of sentiments…we fought for this???

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 6:56 PM

again, where have I blamed the country for anything?

“this country isn’t worth dying for anymore…”

“it sure ain’t my country anymore.”

Written by someone who is living the American dream? It’s not the countries fault that you are where you are. I would advise you to man up and take responsibility but Lets face it; that just aint going to happen. You don’t have the tools/resources to do that. But trolling the internet isn’t going to fix things for you.

if you weren’t an inadequate little weasel..…

because you’re a small little inadequate man,

Looks like I hit a nerve. Why don’t you go overcompensate somewhere else.

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 1:14 PM

You don’t get it.

mizflame98 on November 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I don’t get how you strengthen the country by abandoning the service? I don’t get how you can reconcile deliberately losing a war against the people who attacked us on 9/11 with any form of patriotism? Or plunge ourselves into socialism in order to avoid becoming socialists How it isn’t completely idiotic to say that “anything less than making [our soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines] our TOP priority is unforgivable” right after you have said that Barack Obama will be better for the country than someone who would have made our soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines our TOP priority.
I don’t get it because it is BS. You are arguing for positions that will bring about the complete opposite of what you supposedly want and help wreck the country in the process.

You REALLY need to re-examine what you believe here because it is full of contradictions. You can’t be patriotic while advocating that we make ourselves weaker, or lose wars. It’s treason. Indeed, it looks like you have just tossed your reasoning out the window because you don’t want to allow yourself to believe that this person you are such a fan of could possibly be wrong.

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 7:36 PM

So we should just turn it back over to Al Qaeda. Kind of a leap in logic, huh. Reread what I wrote about being in “muslim lands” and humiliation.

“This is a global war and whether we screw around in Afghanistan or not won’t change things.”

It is obscene to advocate quitting in Afghanistan. It is obscene and stupid to advocate turning over a country to the terrorists to do with as they see fit. I can just imagine you reading about the casualties on d-day and demanding we surrender to the Nazis and Japanese.
You have indicated that you were against Iraq as well.

ONCE AGAIN, YOU SHOW THAT IN EFFECT THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND THE FAR LEFT. At least they are honest with themselves about their desired outcome.

“This will be my last post to you since you are cherry picking my comments instead of keeping it all in context.

I have addressed every last thing you have written in good faith. Your argument doesn’t hold water. It is against the good of the nation.

“You refuse to get what I’m saying “

You refuse to get what you are saying. You don’t strengthen the country by weakening it, no matter what your double chinned demigod says. At this point all that you are left with is jamming your fingers in your ears and saying “LA, LA, LA” as you run from the thread lest your cherished belief be shaken.

“I’m not going to change your mind because you refuse to listen.”

You aren’t going to change any thinking persons mind who cares about the United States because you are wrong.

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 7:54 PM

when are you gonna man up and admit you lied about me, and apologize? since you’re such a man of honor…*smirk*

Looks like I hit a nerve. Why don’t you go overcompensate somewhere else.

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 7:35 PM

imitation is the sincerest form of flattery…keep lying to yourself, it all ya got…

when are you gonna join the military again?

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Boxy_Brown on November 28, 2009 at 7:54 PM

its time for libs like you to die for your country…put your money where mouth is, and enlist…or don’t you have the guts…whassa matter sonny boy…too inadequate to enlist? bet you were in the military, and washed out of basic…couldn’t handle it.

pretty obvious you’re not man enough for the military…

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 8:35 PM

in other words boxy boy, the military found out what every woman you ever went out with found out…you’re all talk…

right4life on November 28, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Boxy_Brown on November 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Wrong.

voluntary</a

And before you ask…USAF 1981-1994, USAFR 1995-2003.

baldilocks on November 28, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Wrong…

baldilocks on November 28, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Unfortunately Cardboard box is wrong quite a bit. Just another liberal troll stirring the pot.

mizflame98 on November 28, 2009 at 11:09 PM

See what happens when you feed a troll? It’s like stepping in crap. It just wants to cling to your shoes.

“when are you gonna man up and admit you lied about me,”

I didn’t. You are a pathetic loser lashing out at the world to vent your frustration and get your abuse fix.

“its time for libs like you to die for your country…”

I’m surprised you haven’t offed yourself already. Surely you realize by now things aren’t going to get better for you. Why not spare yourself and those around you further pain and disappointment?

“bet you were in the military,”

Boy you are quick on the uptake. Such reading comprehension. No wonder you are so happy, articulate and self-actualized. Everything about you just shouts “success”.

Boxy_Brown on November 29, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Wrong.
voluntary</a

Gee. Thanks for cutting and pasting the link to the definition of “voluntary”. I support the voluntary armed forces as I believe that they are more effective than compulsory military service. There isn’t a contradiction in believing in a all volunteer service and thinking that narcissistic parasites who think that they are too good or too important to serve the Constitution ought to go find somewhere else to live. If you don’t want to volunteer that’s one thing, If you think that you are too good to serve the country that’s another.

Boxy_Brown on November 29, 2009 at 1:05 AM

mizflame98

So much for re-examining what you believe mizlame. I find it truly amazing that someone who has argued for weakening the military when the country is at war, Abandoning the battleground to the islamist pigs who attacked us, plunging the country in to socialism, etc, can call anyone else “liberal”. In effect you are left of Obama. You are advocating for the same seditious objectives that the likes of Bill Ayres have worked to achieve. People like that are reprehensible, but at least they are intellectually honest with themselves and are logically working toward what they want. You are helping them yet kidding yourself that you are somehow not on the same team.

The idea that you would call me “liberal” for opposing you for advocating defeat and weakness for the country is just idiotic.

Boxy_Brown on November 29, 2009 at 1:09 AM

After thinking about it for a few days, screw it…Beck’s right.

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 29, 2009 at 3:00 AM

Boxy_Brown on November 29, 2009 at 1:04 AM

can’t man up and apologize for being a lying left-wing troll I see…no surprise.

your inadequacy and jealousy is rather obvious. I’m sorry you’re just a fat loser who fails at everything he tries. bet you stink too!

when are you gonna join the military again? oh but that would mean you would have to perform…and as every girl who ever met you knows, you just don’t measure up…

right4life on November 29, 2009 at 8:12 AM

After thinking about it for a few days, screw it…Beck’s right.

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 29, 2009 at 3:00 AM

What changed your mind? Just curious.

mizflame98 on November 29, 2009 at 10:33 AM

… members of the military take a oath to preserve, protect,[support] and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Now, of all times, we need our best in uniform.

Very Proud Dad of Lcpl Andrew, USMC. Bravo Battery 1/11
JG27 AD on November 25, 2009 at 9:53 AM

First, I salute your son for his service,
and salute you and Andrew’s mom for bearing and raising such a fine son.

Second, the enlistment oath you reference was changed to include the sentence “I will obey the orders of the President of the United States”.

Third, Mr. Beck’s counsel was to a family member who was considering reenlistment, advising him to carefully weigh his commitment to obey elPresidente Obama & his cadre’s orders in light of their anti-US and anti-US Constitution pronouncements, actions, and inactions over the past 11 months.

Based on those past 11 months of this unprecedented anti-US administration, the country needs the strength, patriotism, wisdom, and citizenship of our American war heroes back here — as much, if not more than, their reenlistment, service, and sacrifice in the bowels of the Islamist wastelands. IMHO…

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on November 29, 2009 at 11:33 AM

“your inadequacy and jealousy is rather obvious. I’m sorry you’re just a fat loser who fails at everything he tries. bet you stink too”

right4life on November 29, 2009 at 8:12 AM

The monkey see, monkey do school of discourse. I see you have managed to work in the word “inadequacy” again. (the lady doth protest too much) It just bounces around in in your head, doesn’t it? It’s funny how just a few bits of interaction can get you to let it all hang out, so to speak.

“Inadequacy.”
“Inadequacy.”
“Inadequacy.”

You can be sure that all that self-loathing is well earned. Probably the only thing you acquired fair and square.

Boxy_Brown on November 29, 2009 at 2:14 PM

What changed your mind? Just curious.

mizflame98 on November 29, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Maybe he joined you, beck and right4life in thinking that “this country isn’t worth” serving anymore.

No matter, we still have some patriots left.

The Army and all the other military services, both active duty and reserves, met or exceeded their recruitment goals for fiscal year 2009, the first time since the military became an all-volunteer force in 1973.

Guess they don’t listen to Beck.

Boxy_Brown on November 29, 2009 at 2:26 PM

I got almost all the way through all of this childish personality bashing crap and I decided I should actually view the clip. You people are so of the point it’s preposterous! It isn’t about patriotism or service or non-service. It’s about support!! You can’t punish our people as criminals for doing their job. Giving a terroist a fat lip doesn’t seem like a crime to me. Kicking a little Iraqi boy in the butt for thievery wouldn’t be a crime. Killing 3,000 people at a time is. Hanging corpses from a bridge is. Punishing Marines for saving themselves is a crime. That is the POINT!!

LarryG on November 29, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Boxy_Brown on November 29, 2009 at 2:14 PM

looks like the TRUTH REALLY HURTS!!!

when are you gonna join the military? put your money where your mouth is!! but of course we all know you’re a bit too uh limp shall we say, for the military…

right4life on November 29, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Surprisingly enough, it always comes back to that with you. That wife that the liberals wont associate with must be pretty frustrated as well. Thanks bringing your simian threat display out of the trailer park and on to the internet. There was a shortage of that before you arrived.

And since you aren’t that quick to comprehend all of these lines and squiggles that the rest of us refer to as letters and words; I was an officer in the USN.

Adios, parasite.

Boxy_Brown on November 29, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Guess they don’t listen to Beck.

Boxy_Brown on November 29, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Didn’t I tell you what Beck says will not have a strong influence?

mizflame98 on November 29, 2009 at 7:25 PM

It seems one would have to accept the equivalence of the intentions of Olbermann and Matthews and those of Beck, the equivalence of the intentions and strategic judgment of Obama and Bush, and the equivalence of the under-provision of resources by Obama and Bush, in order to be persuaded by this point of the argument.

Kralizec on November 29, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Didn’t I tell you what Beck says will not have a strong influence?

mizflame98

Does that make it right?

Boxy_Brown on November 29, 2009 at 8:16 PM

I was an officer in the USN.

Boxy_Brown on November 29, 2009 at 6:44 PM

oh yeah SURE you were fat boy!!! BWAHAAHHAHAHHA

I enjoy poking your cage, besides being a liar, you’re pathetically stupid.

but I’ve enjoyed making a fool out of your inadequate, lame, limp, loser a**

thanks for the laughs, boy.

right4life on November 29, 2009 at 8:33 PM

oh yeah SURE you were fat boy!!! BWAHAAHHAHAHHA

I enjoy poking your cage,

Fat as well huh? What are you going to accuse me of next, projection boy? An inability to use capitalization?

The thread’s almost over Mister Softee, you are going to have to go back to disappointing your wife (if you can find her and drag her back to the RV park) instead of the readers here.

Boxy_Brown on November 29, 2009 at 11:43 PM

Boxy_Brown on November 29, 2009 at 11:43 PM

at least I have a wife loser. and she’s black and beautiful…but we all know you’re not man enough for any woman, especially a black lady!

right4life on November 30, 2009 at 7:21 AM

Does that make it right?

Boxy_Brown on November 29, 2009 at 8:16 PM

He has a 1st amendment right to say it. It doesn’t matter if I agree with what he said or if you don’t.

mizflame98 on November 30, 2009 at 8:55 AM

right4life on November 30, 2009 at 7:21 AM

Dude. Did you have to go with those stereotypes? I mean, Really!

mizflame98 on November 30, 2009 at 8:57 AM