Great news: Oprah to host primetime Obama Christmas special

posted at 5:28 pm on November 25, 2009 by Allahpundit

Two mega-celebrities with Jesus complexes coming together in honor of the actual Jesus. Perfect. All they need now is a cameo from Bono and the circle will be complete.

On the upside: At least it’s not a “holiday” special.

The queen of daytime will interview the president of the country during an ABC holiday special that brings together Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama.

The network has announced “Christmas at the White House: An Oprah Primetime Special,” which includes an interview with the president, a conversation with the First Couple and tour of the White House.

The special marks the first time Winfrey has interviewed Obama since he took office. “Christmas at the White House” will air Sunday, Dec. 13, at 10 p.m.

I’m pretty sure this is unprecedented if only because everything The One does is “unprecedented,” including the stuff for which there’s lots and lots of precedent. For example, did you know that he’s America’s first “Pacific president,” if you don’t count the 14 or so other guys who might reasonably lay claim to that title? More from Politico:

But by applying the “unprecedented” label to a so many scenarios in government — from transparency to efforts to reduce the environmental impact of mountaintop coal mining — the Obama administration risks outsize expectations and overhype.

“It comes close to a certain arrogance,” Hughes said, “as if this president has done things that no other president has ever done before — except that they have done them before.”

In fairness, there are some things he’s done that no other president has done before. Like, say, this. Exit question: How about a presidential Christmas-special duet of “The Little Drummer Boy” with Bono, a la Crosby and Bowie? That would be unprecedented — and awesome.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Ring the bells ring the bells
ring them all the day
HussO has a christmas wish
he’ll punch us all today

Oprahs in da house
with a TV crew
she ‘ll talk ’bout the son of dog
an’is bu2 fugly shrew

The bells of whine house ring
making Oprah cry
Oh what fun its been for her
to sell Obama’s lie
Hey
jangled bells
shattered hearts
fed-med-dead is done
O what fun tis been this year
to stick it up our bum

macncheez on November 25, 2009 at 10:04 PM

6) No birthday or Christmas presents from Mom and Dad, who spend “hundreds” on birthday slumber parties and, as Barack puts it, “want to teach some limits.” Says Michelle: “Malia says, ‘I know there is a Santa because there’s no way you’d buy me all that stuff.’ ”

mizflame98 on November 25, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Guess what? Muslims don’t give birthday or Christmas gifts either:

Celebrating birthdays is an innovation, and it is imitating the non-Muslims whom Allaah forbade us to imitate. So, it is not permissible for Muslims to imitate them in this matter. We have already stated that this is forbidden in Fataawa 81725 and 84957.

SouperConservative on November 25, 2009 at 10:07 PM

“O” holy crap!

29Victor on November 25, 2009 at 10:38 PM

“O” holy crap!

29Victor on November 25, 2009 at 10:38 PM

“…..I think I blew my foot off.”

Oh, wait, wrong Christmas special. My bad.

mjk on November 25, 2009 at 11:07 PM

The best thing about Laura being in the white house was that she wasn’t on the highway.

simplesimon on November 25, 2009 at 6:08 PM

What the Hell is that supposed to mean?

LSUMama on November 25, 2009 at 8:39 PM

That Simplesimon is an idiot that thinks he is perfect and would never have an accident in his entire life.

Noelie on November 25, 2009 at 11:12 PM

When does Obama actually get down to being a President? Anyone have an ETA on that?

Noelie on November 25, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Noelie on November 25, 2009 at 11:13 PM

He’s apparently waaaayyyy too busy being a world renown celebrity to bother with boring stuff like that.
Which actually suits me fine come to think of it. Keeps him out of trouble. Every minute he’s partying or golfing is one less he’s screwing up something important.

I say… let’s see him do MORE OPRAH. It leaves less time for socialist power-grabs. lololol :D

Murf76 on November 25, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Has there ever been a more narcissustic man in the white house? When will he ever get out of campaign mode and maybe try working?

conservativecaveman on November 25, 2009 at 11:31 PM

There’s no way of denying this very simple fact. The election of Barak Hussein Obama did far more damage to America than the 9/11/01 atrocities. The latter inflicted damage on America from without while the former has essentially been an eleven month terror attack from within.

Let’s roll.

highhopes on November 25, 2009 at 11:34 PM

highhopes on November 25, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Maybe Auntie Oprah can read me my favorite story from last Christmas… Pleaaaaaaaaassssseee Auntie OH pleassseeee

The Night before Obama

“Twas the night before Obama, when all through the ‘hood
Not a voter was stirring, better knock on some wood
The wonders were sung by the media with care,
In hopes that The One soon would be there;
Congress was settled all smug in their federally funded beds
While visions of ear-marks being passed in their heads
But Joe and Sarah Six Pack and their many sons
Still clung to religion and bought some more guns
When out of the heartland there arose such a clatter
A Gov named Blagojveich suddenly matter’d
Trying so hard to make a big splash
Threw out the rules and asked for some cash
The freshness of Barack like the new-fallen snow
Lost some of its luster, almost like us mortals below
When what to our wondering eyes should appear
But another billion dollar bailout to smooth over our fears
With a new cabinet, much smarter and less thick
And with a vice president not named Dick
More rapid than Blackberries, the believers they came,
And He interviewed and vetted and called them by name;
Now, Dashel, Now Biden, now Michelle you damn Vixen!
On Rahm, On Gates, and you’re kidding, Ms. Clinton?!
To the top of the mountain, this (bleep’s) off the wall!
Now work away! Work away! Work away all!
Who would have thunk it, as if pigs (with lipstick) could fly
But there he was, a Savior from up on high
So on to Washington his angels did flew
With hope and change and Oprah came too
And then in a twinkling, I heard on the news
All the new programs and policies starting to ooze
As I sat at my table to write the big check
I heard a knock just off my back deck
There He was in splendor, from his head to his toes
“I’m here to redistribute – have some from Plumber Joe”
A bundle of goodies he flung off his back
Heck, he admitted, he secretly cheered for the Pack
His ears – how they wiggled, his speech oh so merry
His words were like roses, he even said “Call me Barry!”
He was a good dancer and jived like a bro
He could shoot a three pointer, as smooth as a pro
An unlit heater he held tight in his teeth
“I’d smoke it, but Brokaw would give me such grief.”
He had a thin face and had hardly a belly,
He was smooth and slick like petroleum jelly.
He was clever and a right smart old egg
I have to admit, it sent a thrill up my leg (over)

In a blink of a eye and a twist of my arm
Soon I had to confess I had no cause for alarm
He said he protect me, make sure I’d find work
As he laid out all his promises, I felt a tear jerk
And laying a hand up on my shoulder
He assured me, that he’d make the climate much colder
He sprang for his hybrid, he gave a shout out
“Come on dude, did you really have any doubt?”
I heard one last thing, ere he drove out of sight
“Happy Seasonal Greetings to all and you all better hope I get this thing right!”

Merry Christmas and good night.

NeoConArteast on November 26, 2009 at 12:01 AM

conservativecaveman on November 25, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Could you point out the point the filthy lying coward ever got out of campaign mode. Part of the frustration he is feeling these days (and much of the gaffes) come from the fact that when you are POTUS it is hard to find higher office to strategize to jump to before the fact you are a complete moron becomes clear.

Obama dithers over Afghanistan not from any sense of how serious the consequences of the decision but because the rat bastard traitor doesn’t have a clue what to do and his team cannot dumb down the situation enough that he can comprehend what they are talking about. He defaults and makes the issue into a political problem focusing on re-election. Same holds true for the decision to try terrorists in civil court, healthcare reform, or any other issue of substance.

Bottom line, Obama is not a leader he is a pretender that has never had to lead. America has been severely damaged by his election. He will go down as the King John of American Presidents. (King John had the epithet of softsword which might also be applicable to Obama but I digress).

highhopes on November 26, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Obama is actually just the first Asian President, but his ego made him claim the whole ocean.

Speedwagon82 on November 26, 2009 at 12:26 AM

I hope Oprah, Obama, and Michelle invite all the children from their hometown Chicago; it would be a nice gesture to take the kids out of all the crime. Not to mention getting to skip (the crappy) school lessons for a day.

TN Mom on November 26, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Uh, Bono as backup.

n0doz on November 26, 2009 at 3:07 AM

I’m convinced these people only sought the presidency because they wanted to be celebrities.

xax on November 26, 2009 at 8:42 AM

The bad news is that the combination of The One and The Other One is sure to bump up ratings and be free publicity for the White House.

Thw good news is that any bump up unaccompanied by economic recovery will be quickly forgotten-as, for example, a State Dinner.

MaiDee on November 26, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Racist pig hosting a post-racial turd. Goody.

SKYFOX on November 26, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Now, as an old leprechaun I’m in a bit of a pickle. Some of the younger leprechauns are asking; why, when The Won made such a huge deal pronouncing the United States of America a MUSLIM nation, he now wants to pair up with a Gaia worshiper named Oprah and do a television special celebrating the traditional birth date of Jesus? Jesus, you know, was that nice young Jewish boy from Nazareth. But He was awfully intolerant. He said things such as;

“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:6 (New King James Version)

Why would Oprah and The Won want to celebrate the birth of a “hater”? Many of the young leprechauns are cynical and think The Won just wants to try to deceive Christian voters.
But I said, oh no! If The Won wanted to deceive people, that would mean that what that nice young Jesus said;

“You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.”
John 8:43-45 (NKJV)

would be true about The Won, and that just COULDN’T be! So
I told the little ones, you just keep trusting Barack Hussein Obama, mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm.

oldleprechaun on November 26, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Away in Oahu no church for this lad
He went to the mosque like his absentee dad
The imams and mullahs they all came to pray
The little Obama asleep in his lei.

The muezzin are calling the baby awakes
The little messiah no crying he makes
Cascades of pixie dust rain from the sky
He waves from his unicorn flying on high.

BlueStateBilly on November 27, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Let me see!!!

Michelle= Mother of his children, same America loathing,jealous(Dancing with beautiful Latina at the WH function) anyone but me notice.
Oprah= Single,Mega bucks, Same Ego, adores the one.

Decisions,decisions.

concernedsenior on November 27, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Unprecedented:

- U.S. president who thinks he’s the center of the universe
- U.S. president bowing to potentates, royalty, thugs, scum
- U.S. president cleaning out the colons of foreign anythings, by sucking up their rectums
- U.S. president caring more about foreigners than U.S. Americans
- U.S. president as underdeveloped narcissistic teenager
- U.S. president as Gaffenmeister in Chief
- U.S. president with a kindergarten as staff
- U.S. president who’s first/major state dinner crashed
- U.S. president completely out of touch with the people of his land
- U.S. president determined to destroy the standard of living of his people, for generations to come
- U.S. president as Peacock in Chief
- U.S. president as Eunuch
- U.S. president as Atheist, claiming to be Christian, even holding a Christmas party with Oprah, while others claim him to be Muslim or who knows what

In other words, first U.S. president as complete Phony.

Such charlatanery and arrogance must be punished.

Schadenfreude on November 27, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Lowest rated Christmas special, evah!

D2Boston on November 27, 2009 at 3:56 PM

1)The President has said that America is a Muslim country.
2)Muslims do not give presents for Christmas (obviously) – and they are forbidden to give presents for birthdays.
3)The President has said that he and his wife do not give Christmas or Birthday presents to their girls.
4)The President has declared himself to be a Christian.
5)ABC is airing a “Christmas At The White House Special”

This is one strange setup.

Do you think Oprah might spring a surprise on the “unprecedented one?” (given her & Michelle’s “strained” relationship?)

Let’s see – we know where Jesus was born and we know where Oprah was born……….

Oopsdaisy on November 27, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Got a source for that?

BlueStateBilly on November 27, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Got a source for that?
BlueStateBilly on November 27, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Oopsdaisy on November 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Noelie on November 25, 2009 at 11:13 PM

How about when he stops starring in commercials for the NFL?
Ruined Thanksgiving football seeing that idiot cavorting with Drew Brees on the WH lawn while he can’t get his big ears out of his ass long enough to govern a nation.

HAnthonyWayne on November 27, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Happy RAHMedan, Y’all!!!

CynicalOptimist on November 27, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Wow. Let me check my calendar…gee, I’m sorry, I’m tied up that night. Can’t make the show. Washing my hair.

I’ll do anything to keep from watching this nonsense. I’d rather…do housework, go grocery shopping, ANYTHING THAN INVITE THESE TWO SELF-ABSORBED INDIVIDUALS IN MY HOME.

Off with the remote if they appear on my screen. Both of them are beyond redemption or attention.

manateespirit on November 28, 2009 at 12:41 AM

THE OPRAMA Show on ABC.
Destined to become a hit day time talk show.

Make it so.

OkieDoc on November 28, 2009 at 1:07 AM

Or, ABC’s The Opramama Show?

OkieDoc on November 28, 2009 at 1:26 AM

What about the Obamaophro show?

OkieDoc on November 28, 2009 at 1:28 AM

And the winner is…

HARPO-HUSSEIN INC.

You think this shyte is contrived? Then, put this in your pipe and smoke it, do a search for BHO and see what comes up.

For that matter try putting in Hussein. See how many links other than a wiki you come upon.

OkieDoc on November 28, 2009 at 1:37 AM

“AND MA IN HER KERCHIEF AND I IN MY CAP HAD JUST SETTLED IN FOR……the double o’s special of CRAP!

justonevictory on November 28, 2009 at 8:58 AM

I hope she serves pork.

elderberry on November 28, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Ramadan at the White House is more Obama’s style

Bevan on November 28, 2009 at 9:34 AM

This isn’t really about Christmas. It’s a show about Oprah’s favorite things, not including Bo.

Nalea on November 28, 2009 at 6:16 PM

City sidewalks

Busy sidewalks

Dressed in Obama this year

There’s a torpor spreading over the city….

drjohn on November 29, 2009 at 12:40 AM

That photo is so….something! I can’t find the right words to describe it. The closest I can come is they look like lovers. Now, don’t read anything into that because they are not. But under different circumstance, who knows?

jeanie on November 29, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Wonder if it’ll be as good as the holiday specials she did with George and Laura?

LMAO

The funny thing is, Oprah would’ve been crying no matter who won last November.

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 29, 2009 at 2:58 AM

I would be rather be put in a top secret location, water boarded, and forced to watch another 24 hour “A Christmas Story” marathon filled with the annoying “You’ll shoot your eye out” line, then watch any more than another minute of the Egotistic of the United States of America on TV.

Razgriez on November 29, 2009 at 6:15 PM