Celebrity news of the day: Angelina Jolie thinks Obama’s a socialist phony

posted at 4:45 pm on November 24, 2009 by Allahpundit

Way, waaay too good to check. Alternate headline: “Confirmed: Angelina Jolie the perfect woman.”

Barack Obama does not have Angelina Jolie’s seal of approval.

“She hates him,” a source close to the U.N. goodwill ambassador, 34, tells the new issue of Us Weekly (on newsstands now).

“She’s into education and rehabilitation and thinks Obama is all about welfare and handouts. She thinks Obama is really a socialist in disguise,” adds the source…

“Angie isn’t Republican, but she thinks Obama is all smoke and mirrors,” the source says.

Follow the link for heart-achey reports of political squabbling between her and Brad. Any reason to believe this story might be true (apart from her patrilineage)? Why, yes: Not only did she famously call for the United States to stay put in Iraq in order to avert a humanitarian disaster but she was officially undecided on last year’s election until fairly late in the game. The seeds are there, people. They just need to be nurtured. Get to work, cowboy!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

It appears her incredible father’s common sense has rubbed off on her. In the meantime though, she and Brad won’t be invited to any of the swanky and garish soirees that the O and Michelle Antointte will be throwning (at our expense).

mozalf on November 25, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Now if she does something about her freakish-looking lips, then I may think about hitting her.

AaronGuzman on November 24, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Yeah, like I believe THAT for a millisecond.

I got NO problem with the lips!

NavyMustang on November 25, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Maybe this will help her get that Dagny Taggart role in the Atlas Shrugged movie she’s been working for all these years.
Dongemaharu on November 24, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Don’t know if someone already mentioned it here, but Charlize Theron got the part.

This is not surprising, both Pitt and Jolie are fans of Ayn Rand.

Michelle Dubois on November 25, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Previous post; Beautiful and smart and totally agree with her on the “hating Obama”. He stands for everything I absolutely despise. He’s downright creepy.

elclynn on November 25, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I can think of something she could do with her lips.

therealfranklin on November 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM

“She thinks Obama is really a socialist in disguise,” adds the source…”

Disguise? What disguise?

ncjetsfan on November 25, 2009 at 10:57 AM

This is the woman who reportedly has a tattoo of Che Guevara on her butt?

Sharke on November 25, 2009 at 11:10 AM

This is the woman who reportedly has a tattoo of Che Guevara on her butt?

Sharke on November 25, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Appropriate place for a tattoo of such a person.

Holger on November 25, 2009 at 11:16 AM

If she dumps Brad Pitt and starts an Impeach Obama campaign…

…then I’ll believe it.

profitsbeard on November 25, 2009 at 11:43 AM

I agree with her. Obama is all about handouts, vote farming, and rewarding layabouts with money from productive people. Rehibilitation and education are needed to drag the layabouts out of a dead end useless life into one of achievement and personal satisfaction.

saiga on November 25, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Good for her! She has actually been to Iraq and the Middle East and thus is not just blowing smoke, like other celebs.

She is so bankable in Squaliwood that this statement will probably make neocons out of many studio execs, LOL!

PattyJ on November 25, 2009 at 11:44 AM

It’s refreshing to hear that there is some intelligence out there in the wasteland called Hollywood. The brain dead lemmings there really can’t stray too far from the libral talking points.

Zorg on November 25, 2009 at 11:48 AM

I never knew her parentage. It was like she appeared and started being famous.

Her father is dedicated and articulate in his beliefs. Imagine her childhood. That guy can act too. Imagine Voight as your father, and he just got angry with you.

So interesting

entagor on November 25, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I guarantee you, the way Obama is going, she will be out full throated in support of Palin in 2012.

milemarker2020 on November 25, 2009 at 12:22 PM

She thinks Obama is really a socialist in disguise,”
In disguise? Hell, he’s overt about it.

BacaDog on November 24, 2009 at 7:23 PM

One could argue that the disguise came off after during the inauguration ceremony.

As for would I “hit it”?

Absof**kinglutely

Sweet_Thang on November 25, 2009 at 12:33 PM

I say it’s now time to re-write and re-cast Midnight Cowboy girl. The lead will now be Angelina, but the question then becomes:

Who will play Ratso Rizzo?

Joe Biden?

Sean Penn?

Oprah?

Bernie Madoff?

Allahp

Anyone?

Sweet_Thang on November 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM

When I was a patient at Walter Reed in 2007 her father Jon Voight visited those of us staying in the Fischer House on a couple different occasions. He legitimately cares about the troops and is eager to show his support. It makes me wonder how far his daughter fell from the tree. Not a single one of the “I support the troops but not the war” celebs ever visited us at Walter Reed. Not a single one.

Logboy on November 25, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I have always thought she is an amazing actress, and I love her work in philanthropy. She and her father fought for years, but they both show a deep love and respect for this country. He must have influenced her a little.

alliebobbitt on November 25, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Watch Mr. & Mrs Smith. There’s a car chase scene I think. There’s an obvious Cross hanging from the rear view mirror, I think. Something like that. Some very real symbol of Christianity. I thought to myself “they didn’t have to put that there”. I think her and Brad are moving in that direction. Good folks to put on your prayer list. DD

Darvin Dowdy on November 25, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I can’t take chicks with tattoo but these does make her better is my eyes.

TheSitRep on November 25, 2009 at 2:47 PM

She must not have been invited to the state dinner last night…hmmm.

will sass u on November 25, 2009 at 3:07 PM

I would put money on her being a libertarian. :)

Shiny_Tiara on November 25, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Darvin Dowdy on November 25, 2009 at 2:12 PM

From what I remember of the movie, the minivan they were driving was stolen from their neighbors who were hardcore evangelic Christians. :)

Shiny_Tiara on November 25, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I CALL BULLSHIT!! Yeah sure just because
Jolie is a pretty brunett with a supposedly right wing actor for a father is no reason to beleive she or her father have any credibility as a conservative spokesperson. Mark my words this is all designed by the “lamestream” media to take the focus off Sarah Palin or insert another rino/mole into the conservative mindset.
Besides I have it on good account the Bristol Palin coined the term “lamestream media”.

sonnyspats1 on November 25, 2009 at 4:11 PM

I’m just pleased that someone from Hollywood has common sense.

jeanie on November 25, 2009 at 7:24 PM

I’ll wait to hear it from her lips.

csdeven on November 25, 2009 at 8:46 PM

“Confirmed: Angelina Jolie the perfect woman.”

Yes AP, yes she is!

conservnut on November 25, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I CALL BULLSHIT!! Yeah sure just because

sonnyspats1 on November 25, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Leave a little room for others besides Sarah Palin. Don’t follow blind for anyone. Sarah will do okay with other news.

Ed Laskie on November 26, 2009 at 1:39 AM

This is a nice surprise. I thought Angelina was a liberal.

Dr B on November 26, 2009 at 2:52 AM

Dr B on November 26, 2009 at 2:52 AM

I’m not sure what she is, exactly, but I don’t believe she’s a conservative. She and Brad Pitt have said they refuse to marry until gays can also marry. At the risk of dragging the thread into a gay marriage debate, that’s not generally a conservative position.

DrMagnolias on November 26, 2009 at 4:38 AM

I hope that this teeny tiny little thing breaks up the ice and she reconciles with her father, now that her mother has passed away from cancer.

Even though we have lived similar circumstances, at least her dad is better than mine.

ProudPalinFan on November 26, 2009 at 7:35 AM

If you turn that photo sideways….

OkieDoc on November 26, 2009 at 8:53 AM

I’m shocked shocked I tell you!!!
Way to go Angie, another beautiful women who knows the difference between a hand up and a hand out.

mmcnamer1 on November 26, 2009 at 10:14 AM

If Angelina could have a morality/theology epiphany, she would be the complete woman.

Mojave Mark on November 26, 2009 at 10:47 AM

.”

So not just another vacuous empty headed movie star.

Good on Angelina Jolie.

Dr Evil on November 26, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Angelina Jolie’s father is a Catholic, I am assuming she was raised Catholic. Not Notre Dame Catholic the other kind of Catholic “Roman Catholic”

Dr Evil on November 26, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Shiny_Tiara on November 25, 2009 at 3:36 PM

All I’m saying, it was their option. They didn’t have to include that in the scene. Stars of that status would have something to say about it. Hopefully they wanted to include it. They’ve got a bunch of kids and you know what happens to folks when they get kids that they love. They start reconsidering things. I’m just hopeful for them, thats all. DD

Darvin Dowdy on November 26, 2009 at 1:35 PM

But the world these women live and work in, while glamorous and glorified and quite lucrative, is a closed shop. What they do today in Hollywood to anyone even smelling like a non-lib makes the blacklisting of the 50’s look like a Fred and Ginger twirl on the dance floor.

I hope this is true, because it would be good if Hollywood became less one-sided. I’ve stopped going to any of their films because I’m so sick of the perpetual ditto-headness.

I love Golden Age, because the films have the ideas of both sides battling it out; and stars had the guts to go head to head.

Hope on November 26, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Always suspected those two were libertarians. They’ve been trying to develop Atlas Shrugged for years.

John the Libertarian on November 27, 2009 at 2:27 AM

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when “dad” was discussing his political views with her.

Nalea on November 27, 2009 at 10:06 AM