O’Reilly to 9/11 defense lawyer: “You know people hate you, right?”

posted at 10:03 pm on November 23, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via JWF, another cameo from the guy who warned us this morning that the “defendants” will plead not guilty so that they’ll have a full opportunity to screech about America in court. Let’s hope they stick to the playbook and confine their rantings to enhanced interrogation under Bush rather than foreign policy generally (and Afghanistan in particular); to do otherwise would show ingratitude to the nice man in the White House who’s given them such a plum forum.

The most interesting part of this is Fenstermaker’s refusal to call 9/11 a case of murder. He could have conceded that it was while arguing that the defendants weren’t responsible for it; the fact that he doesn’t suggests at least the possibility that the defense will argue insanity or … some form of justifiable homicide. Doubtless The One would love to see them try, as it would make conviction a foregone conclusion — irrespective of how horrific relatives of 9/11 victims might find it. In his rush to procure a “political victory” by having them found guilty in a civilian court, I wonder if he understands the fantastic anger he’s going to unleash by letting these degenerates argue that the victims had it coming. I have only a tangential connection to the attack — my cousin’s husband, whom I used to see once every five years or so, disappeared in the rubble — and I’m already seething at the thought of reading long transcripts about how he deserved it. Free electoral advice to The One: Make sure the trial doesn’t start until you’re a lame duck.

Update: 9/11 families spring into action.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

wildcat=ignoramus.

TTheoLogan on November 24, 2009 at 1:24 AM

TTheoLogan=lawyer

fronclynne on November 24, 2009 at 12:27 PM

I hate non lawyers like BOR who argue stupid points of law without a clue against expert guests . Armed only with a big mouth and microphone this type of person , who can not tell the difference between a loofah and a falafel , wants to demonstrate that in a country where ignorance of the law is no excuse , a profound and total ignorance proves the validity of his legal position .

borntoraisehogs on November 24, 2009 at 12:29 PM

I’m too lazy to trudge through 2+ pages of comments, so someone may have already pointed this out, but if the trials haven’t started by Fall of 2012 – not just discovery and jury selection, but actual arguments – the GOP can make an issue of Obama delaying justice for political convenience.

flipflop on November 24, 2009 at 12:44 PM

borntoraisehogs on November 24, 2009 at 12:29 PM

cornfedbubba, it that you?

You’re just upset because this “lawyer” got pwned by O’Really.

All I can conclude is that you can’t defend what the lawyer said, so you’re attacking the guy who interviewed him. Saul Alinsky would approve, but it won’t get you very far on this forum.

One final question…were the people killed on 9/11 murdered, or not?

Del Dolemonte on November 24, 2009 at 1:02 PM

The Air Farce fills no role the Army didn’t already fill, until politics came into play. The name one war the Air Farce has won.

Virus-X on November 24, 2009 at 12:03 PM

A case could be made that the Air Force won the Cold War. But that’s for another discussion.

You really don’t know the Mission of the Air Force, do you? It’s mainly defensive, not offensive. That means the Air Force is charged with protecting the air sovereignty of US airpsace, search and rescue, and airlift, which includes humanitarian missions. The Air Force mission also includes “irregular warfare”, which means “winning wars” is not their primary focus. In fact, the irregular warfare part of their mission didn’t come into being until the end of the Cold War.

You have to remember that we never started flying until just over 100 years ago. Are you saying we should go back to using Army mules on the ground exclusively?

Del Dolemonte on November 24, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Some dork asked: One final question…were the people killed on 9/11 murdered, or not?
Before I went to college and law school on the GI Bill , I was a combat soldier I earned a CIB my first tour and 38 Air Medals on my second . How many tours do you have tough guy ?
It wasn’t me who brought this to civilian court . A civilian trial in this country means a fair trial with all that it means in our system , including the right to competent counsel and the presumption of innocence . You are aware the judge will instruct the jury to this effect and refuse to seat a juror who can not swear they will observe and respect that presumption . It wasn’t even Obama who dicked around with these guys for 6 or 7 years . Once it was determined , they no longer had any intel value , they should have had a neck tie party . So yes , the victims of this outrage matter , “murder” is a legal conclusion . Go share a falafel with BOR .

borntoraisehogs on November 24, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I watched this in my kitchen last night as I was preparing dinner, and it was difficult to contain myself so as not to throw one of my good dishes at the television. This guy is more pompous and hates our Country more than Obama! Is that possible?

Susanboo on November 24, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Fenstermaker is no more a “weasel” than O’Reilly is for putting him on the air.

Kenosha Kid on November 23, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Yeah right, are you crazy?

Susanboo on November 24, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Glad BOR called the guy on being a wise a$$ when he repeatedly correct Bill and informed him that “only” 2800 Americans were murdered on 9-11.

Not trying to start anything here, really, but what is up with these Jews who take up for Muslim terrorists? Anyone have any insight, I’d love to hear it.

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 24, 2009 at 4:58 PM

SOCIOPATH!!!

Gob on November 24, 2009 at 6:28 PM

THAT JERKS A TRAITOR1

MCGIRV on November 24, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Great job, O’Reilly!! Now, if you would just have that much enthusiasm about Obama’s lack of a legitimate birth certificate!

theaddora on November 24, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Del Dolemonte on November 24, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Perfect. As a proud veteran of the USAF, I say perfect.

HAnthonyWayne on November 24, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Hey! Isn’t “Fenstermaker” a German name?
I’m not profiling, I’m just trying to figure out who is who in all of this.

This guy sounds just like a freakin NAZI who would not mind killin some Jews. Remember, the Nazis and the Arabs were all cool with teaming up and killing Jews back in WWII.

I’m just sayin…