Video: SNL destroys Obama over spending

posted at 2:30 pm on November 22, 2009 by Allahpundit

Not only timely and topical, but genuinely funny. And unlike the last time they hit him hard, this attack comes from the right. Who knew they had it in ‘em?

Actually, spending is only a secondary concern here. The chief target is The One’s disintegrating credibility in selling his statist agenda. Never would I have guessed that the great orator’s inability to explain cost savings in ObamaCare would be the subject of late-night mockery this late in the game. No wonder his numbers are at new lows nationally and in the swing state that propelled him to the presidency.

Below the Obama clip you’ll find last night’s obligatory dig at Palin — although even that one’s framed as coming from the DNC and Keith Olbermann, which makes it a double-edged gag about the left’s Palin Derangement Syndrome. Is SNL trending … conservative?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

The Obama skit is hilarious, but the Palin one is far more interesting. While I’m sure they meant for the falling buildings, the mayhem, etc., to be about scaring people, the final text displayed, “Planet Earth is ‘Going Rogue,’” followed by “Palin 2012″ made the audience just cheer and cheer, and they started clapping as soon as “Palin 2012″ came on the screen — and it didn’t sound like it was entirely for the sake of satire. The underlying message is that the democrats have screwed things up so badly, the unthinkable could happen: Sarah Palin elected president. And the SNL audience sounded like they thought that was a pretty good remedy to the current political disaster.

Rational Thought on November 22, 2009 at 4:29 PM

SNL started to go down hill after the days of Carvey, Sandler, Farley, Myers and Spade.

Holger on November 22, 2009 at 4:30 PM

The Obama guy is just awful.

lorien1973 on November 22, 2009 at 2:37 PM

He does a spot on Obama impersonation.
I only find him as awful to watch as our President himself.

Count to 10 on November 22, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I noticed TOTUS wasn’t there. Did it jump ship as well?

Bicyea on November 22, 2009 at 4:33 PM

The Obama/China skit was funny, but the Palin 2012 clip had me rolling – when they cut to Glenn Beck crying I almost peed my pants.

BuckNutty on November 22, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Won’t watch the show. Will watch the clips. Clips on You Tube don’t increaase Nielsen ratings.

ROCnPhilly on November 22, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Honestly, that was lame. Wow, they actually found time to go after Obama, whoop dee doo! From watching SNL, you’d think the guy was perfect.

Narutoboy on November 22, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Pretty stunning that they would mock so directly. That was eviscerating.

stldave on November 22, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Every time I think AnninCA is just a shrill, left-wing troll, she starts behaving in a rational manner. This is confusing to a poor, dim conservative like me. I’m wondering if it’s bipolar disorder, or if more than one person uses the AnninCa persona.

Buford Gooch on November 22, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Rational Thought on November 22, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Don’t kid yourself — that’s a studio audience in Manhattan. They think Palin is the joke, almost unanimously.

Kensington on November 22, 2009 at 4:35 PM

SNL destroys Obama over spending…

Obama destroys America WITH spending….

HornetSting on November 22, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Is there a link anywhere to the Palin sketch?

Dark Eden on November 22, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Buford Gooch on November 22, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Gooch~Ann has been doing her homework. Though she may stray sometimes, she has improved and she is NO LONGER the attention whore of HA.

HornetSting on November 22, 2009 at 4:37 PM

It is on this page, under the Obama skit.

Holger on November 22, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Here comes a CNN fact check!

Akzed on November 22, 2009 at 4:43 PM

CNN factcheckers will be busy this week. Jobs created or saved?

malclave on November 22, 2009 at 4:43 PM

During the 2008 primaries, I got the distinct impression the SNL writers were trending pro-Hillary. Maybe this is a first step toward Hillary 2012.

Terrie on November 22, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Is there a link anywhere to the Palin sketch?

Dark Eden on November 22, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Google it dipshi+ or go back to the DU or DKOS.

CWforFreedom on November 22, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I could watch it over and over. I have a feeling it’s going to become part of the culture. The next time the GOP asks me for money I will write ‘Are you going to kiss me? Because I like to be kissed when YOU ARE TRYING TO DO SEX TO ME’.

PattyJ on November 22, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Great stuff – LOL!

PatMac on November 22, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Does this mean Harry and Nancy are kissing us too?

Rovin on November 22, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Rational Thought on November 22, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Or, they hate Sarah Palin and enjoy seeing her demonized, even when it’s kinda-sorta satirizing the demonization of her.

Jim Treacher on November 22, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I wonder how long this HuJinTao-Hussain skit remains on hulu or youtube. I hope it doesn’t get yanked just like the Sandler-Soros-housing meltdown skit.

macncheez on November 22, 2009 at 4:49 PM

I can’t watch either video in Australia. What do I do?

Crux Australis on November 22, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Terrie on November 22, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Tina Fey even came back to Weekend Update in Feb. ’08 to do her own, um, special comment: “B!tch is the new black.” Which, for some odd reason, didn’t seem to apply to Sarah Palin…

Jim Treacher on November 22, 2009 at 4:51 PM

I can’t watch either video in Australia. What do I do?

Crux Australis on November 22, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Up until yesterday, I’d say: Move. But now, you’re no better off here than anywhere else in the world.

Jim Treacher on November 22, 2009 at 4:52 PM

I wonder how long it will be before Rahm and Axelrod begin edging away from Obama.

Kralizec on November 22, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Another march on D.C. with thousands of signs in the crowd emblazoned with variations of slogans and illustrations directed at Obama to “STOP DOING SEX TO ME!” would be fantastic.

Bill Whittle, over at PJTV, summed it up that the one thing that really gnaws at people who are wrapped up in themselves is public ridicule. Whether they intended to or not, SNL just initiated such a campaign that should go nationwide.

Left Coast Right Mind on November 22, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Jim Treacher on November 22, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Excellent understatement JT

Rovin on November 22, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Jim Treacher on November 22, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Australia’s equivalent of cap ‘n’ trade, The Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme, gets voted on by the Australian Senate this week. Prime Minister Kevin Rudd is only going to allow 48 hours to read and vote on the bill. Sound familiar?

Crux Australis on November 22, 2009 at 5:10 PM

I’m anxiously awaiting CNN’s team of fact checkers to evaluate the Obama skit.

Fact Checker: “Well, Wolfe, SNL erred in several key areas … for example, China’s leader did not ask Obama to have sex with him 5 times. In fact, he didn’t even ask him to have sex with him once. And the Chinese premier never said, “Live from New York in Saturday Night”

Wolfe: “So you would say this was a totally erroneous skit on the part of SNL?”

Fact Checker: “Yes, without a doubt”

Wolfe: “Thank you. Please stay tuned for more information on this baseless attack on our President. After the break, we’ll present details of a recent CNN opinion poll in which 89% of Americans give the President high marks for his handling of the economy and 95% of the respondents praise him for his careful handling of the conflict in Afghanistan …”

PackerBronco on November 22, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Crux Australis on November 22, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Damn, it does. Like some sort of conspiracy of world leaders. Labor Party, ugh.

Holger on November 22, 2009 at 5:14 PM

“Is SNL trending … conservative?…”

They’d get a larger audience with more $$ to spend with snl advertisers if they would. Plus they’d get more laughs. Lets face it, the left is a non-stop joke. DD

Darvin Dowdy on November 22, 2009 at 5:15 PM

They already pulled the Palin 2012 video

BuckNutty on November 22, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Who would imagine that so many conservatives actually watch SNL!

That blows ME away.

AnninCA on November 22, 2009 at 4:02 PM

No, we watch clips from SNL, on web sites we agree with. I haven’t watched SNL for a couple of decades, although I may have to re-think that if they are actually going to be funny again.

rmgraha on November 22, 2009 at 5:27 PM

If SNL keeps this up, I might actually have to start watching again.

This was great.

Hening on November 22, 2009 at 5:31 PM

They already pulled the Palin 2012 video

BuckNutty on November 22, 2009 at 5:23 PM

It’s still on You Tube; just do a search for Sarah Palin 2012 Trailer, and you’ll get quite a few hits (at least for now).

rmgraha on November 22, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I was watching this and posting on HA last night simultaneously. Truly funny digs at Obama and probably accurately captured the Chinese attitude toward Teh One,

DerKrieger on November 22, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I found the SNL Palin 2012 video. Boy they (whoever “they” are) sure do remove videos fast. Right now you can watch it over at http://rawstory.com/2009/11/palin-2012-disaster-movie/

Mo2Do on November 22, 2009 at 5:38 PM

SNL started to go down hill after the days because of Carvey, Sandler, Farley, Myers and Spade.

Holger on November 22, 2009 at 4:30 PM

FIFY

BobMbx on November 22, 2009 at 5:40 PM

The Sarah clip is no longer available on google

lovingmyUSA on November 22, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Shoot. It’s gone. Did anyone download it?

Buckeye Babe on November 22, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Mo2Do on November 22, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Thanks for finding that!

lovingmyUSA on November 22, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Ok. I snagged it from rawstory.com Thanks!

Buckeye Babe on November 22, 2009 at 5:48 PM

I thought the Sarah one was GREAT! Talk about \”dangerous\”–mostly because we all know she causes their heads to explode, and they think her election would be Armageddon. For them and for their cause, it would be.Never thought I would say this, Good job SNL. And how do we know it\’s working in her favor? They\’ve tried to censor it! Yippee! Go, Sarah! Start in Michigan and sweep the country!

UnderstandingisPower on November 22, 2009 at 5:52 PM

I didn’t see this as criticizing Obama. Most lefties blame the China indebtedness solely on Bush.

Speedwagon82 on November 22, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Is SNL trending … conservative?

Let me get back to you on that. First, tell me your defintion of “trending?” What is vogue now about Obama?

BTW, I liked the picture on the main page – it could be looked two ways – for me it’s “smell my a@@” or from someone like Andrew Sullivan “aren’t you going to mount me?”

Americannodash on November 22, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Is SNL trending … conservative?

No, but as Stephen Colbert has found out, there is a much larger audience out there when you make you jokes bipartisan.

J_Crater on November 22, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Wow. Never thought I would see SNL hit Obama so badly and most of it was the truth. Lets hope some of the young people who watch SNL learned something,

Dennis D on November 22, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Did everyone catch the target of the meteor strike in the last few seconds of the Palin video? THAT made me fall off the couch.

chickenhawkexpress on November 22, 2009 at 6:12 PM

OK, I have to admit: I enjoyed the 2012 spoof. And I LOL when Vice President Glenn Beck appeared on the screen.

NoLeftTurn on November 22, 2009 at 6:13 PM

SNL makes one measly Obama joke, timidly talking about the spending….and AP ‘asks’ if they’re trending conservative?

Really?

This is really getting pathetic.

P.S. I noticed you’re deleting my posts now, nice move. No, that’s not a shady move at all.

Sixth Guard on November 22, 2009 at 6:13 PM

I don’t think SNL will be trending conservative. Tina Fey and Al Franken will come in and set them back to the left if this goes “too far”.

Lothar on November 22, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Jim Treacher on November 22, 2009 at 4:48 PM

SNL notices ratings. Theirs fell demonstratively last season, season before, what with their “DNC BROADCAST” personna…not funny, easy to spot, no one except the Left “loved” it, and worse, most stopped watching. SNL like Letterman, no longer funny, not entertaining, just not worth spending time tuning in any longer.

So they NOTICED that the Palin skits drew huuge increases in viewers. They NOTICE now that their Obama-Sympathy was NOT being enjoyed (“we can’t find anything to make fun of him” was what I read their lame excuse was)…

So they notice ratings.

They notice that Palin-associated that doesn’t attempt to destroy Palin gets more viewers.

They notice that Obama-promoting that doesn’t address his (huge) negatives loses viewers.

That’s what SNL notices.

Key conclusion here is that they notice that lying for Obama loses viewers, that enjoying Sarah Palin gets viewers, and that more viewers enjoy and like Palin than they do Obama.

Lourdes on November 22, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Sorry, that doesn’t seem either humorous or conservative. That was more like GE making excuses for why NBC sucks.

alliebobbitt on November 22, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Lothar on November 22, 2009 at 6:16 PM

They’ll NEVER “trend Conservative” BUT they notice ratings. As the audience falls away nearly immediately when SNL “isn’t funny” in their Conservative, Tina Fey – Al Franken bashing of the Right, SNL notices that.

Fey’s never been funny, she writes awful material and the only thing Franken ever did that was funny was be photoshopped wearing a diaper.

Remember the routines regarding Jimmah Cahtah? Aykroyd did a great impression of him and that, people found funny (entertaining). So the point is that SNL notices ratings; when they are so bent to the Left that audiences quickly stop tuning in, SNL comes around and actually works harder to entertain, so I can hope based upon past changes in their disasterous Leftwing swings.

Lourdes on November 22, 2009 at 6:26 PM

AP, thanks for moving the vid down to the “top picks” section.
The second vid has been removed by the user. Anyone else notice this?

RMCS_USN on November 22, 2009 at 6:29 PM

That skit never gets old. ;-)

itzWicks on November 22, 2009 at 6:31 PM

The second video has been removed. Would love to see it. Is it hosted somewhere else?

womball on November 22, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Here’s the Palin 2012 skit.

MsUnderestimated on November 22, 2009 at 6:35 PM

I also found the second link no longer operable from here but went to Youtube and a search for SNL Sarah Palin + 2012 brought it right up.

It is funny! And like others here thought, whatever the intentions of the creators, I thought midway “This is creating a sort of inevitability about her candidacy and even eventual presidency”. The “reveal” of Beck had me literally “LOL”.

KittyLowrey on November 22, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I think they went way out on the limb by invoking the name of the ughmighty FLOTUS. Now, THAT was funny!

Key West Reader on November 22, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Hence, Palin’s message is popular.

AnninCA on November 22, 2009 at 6:48 PM

she is NO LONGER the attention whore of HA.

HornetSting on November 22, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Congrats on regaining the title

Bradky on November 22, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Lourdes on November 22, 2009 at 6:22 PM

None of which explains the reaction of the studio audience.

Jim Treacher on November 22, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Well,being in Canada,means NBC enjoys screwing us Canadians
and so,NBC’s video’s seem not to play,

so,in case other foreigns can’t watch it,here is a video
from You-Tube!:)

canopfor on November 22, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Okay I haven’t watched yet! But the pic of Beck… please! Let’s calm down about Beck. Although. He’d be better than Biden. But so would my cat.

petunia on November 22, 2009 at 6:57 PM

That was killer.

29Victor on November 22, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Oh Gawd,that rocks,

will you kiss me,huh!

So,when I kiss,I have sex,and yes Team Hopey/Changey is
doing the nasty with China!!!lol

canopfor on November 22, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Mo2Do on November 22, 2009 at 5:38 PM

That’s NBC’s doing. They have a team of trolls they employ to scour YouTube and other sites for copyright infringements so they can have them removed immediately. One of the websites I manage requires me to clip a lot of NBC content and even something as short as 15 seconds long will get deleted in pretty short order. People who want to refer back to the Palin spoof in the future would be wise to save it to their computer because NBC will have them all scrubbed before too long. If they had any sense, they would put it up on their own site; it’s obviously pretty popular.

NoLeftTurn on November 22, 2009 at 7:01 PM

KittyLowrey on November 22, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Ditto on the Glenn Beck reveal.

TxAnn56 on November 22, 2009 at 7:02 PM

I wonder what the Chinese think. Wow that was harsh. And rude. I’m not sure it was funny. I was uncomfortable. Wow. I doubt anyone on this side would have done a skit quite like that.

And Obama’s own words about freedom of the press come back to me… Maybe the white house made them do this to show the Chinese what allowing people to criticize you is all about.

But of course they will censor Fox… but hey.

petunia on November 22, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Ya know,when Obama was busy prancing and a struttin in China
he brought up the recession line again,and since the first
bailout,coupled with the impending vote on HealthCare,where
and the sam h*ll is the Lefty no jobs,no tax base coming
from,beside’s taxing the extremely Dirty Rotten Filthy Rich
once again!!

Obama gets in power,and no sooner,worst depression since 29′,and then after the bailout the recession or depression
is over,Hopey trips over to China,and its back to a recess
ion!!!

Sumpin ain’t right!!

canopfor on November 22, 2009 at 7:11 PM

This was a great dig at stupid liberal spending and the utter failure of Obama’s administration. I just love seeing the concern troll posts this thread. It indicates the level of liberal fear.

ray on November 22, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Softball Skit

The One has given the comics a razor and they used the dull side and used it softly:

The One never looked down his nose while speaking like The One does. But..He does do that somewhat more for us domestic scum.

He never apologized.

The One would NEVER bring up the stuff about Human Rights (and aborted female babies) and SNL could have given former President Bush some kudos for doing so. This could be made very stinging and very funny.

They could have thanked him for not meeting with the Dali Lama even though former President Bush and even (some of) the lefties of the world support Tibet. Then added that craven cringing does not decrease debt.

And when The One mentioned the Yuan, they could have responded that their currency is high and it should be since the dollar may soon be worth as much as an ACORN voter registration!

The other video was turned off when I got here.

IlikedAUH2O on November 22, 2009 at 7:25 PM

I can’t watch either video in Australia. What do I do?

Crux Australis on November 22, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Crux Australis: Heres SNL,I’m working on Beck!:)

SNL:

canopfor on November 22, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Bring on the CNN fact checking squad! I wonder what “errors” they are going to point out.

Frank T.J Mackey on November 22, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Is SNL trending … conservative?

Get real, Allah. They’re merely mocking the President, which used to be SOP back in pre-Obama days.

I thought this was hilarious all the way through (a rarity when watching an SNL skit). That says to me that maybe we’re reaching a tipping point, past which people fear the Race Card less and less, and criticize loudly.

disa on November 22, 2009 at 7:44 PM

disa on November 22, 2009 at 7:44 PM

I don’t think anyone could have predicted that SNL would be the change agent that took us past the divisive racial issues. Wow!

Bradky on November 22, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Left Coast Right Mind on November 22, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Yes, the new campaign!

PattyJ on November 22, 2009 at 7:47 PM

So,when I kiss,I have sex,and yes Team Hopey/Changey is
doing the nasty with China!!!lol

canopfor on November 22, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Or as Rev-rund Wright would phrase it, “Obama is riding dirty…with China.”

onlineanalyst on November 22, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Or as Rev-rund Wright would phrase it, “Obama is riding dirty…with China.”

onlineanalyst on November 22, 2009 at 8:23 PM

onlineanalyst: I forgot that one. It was a poke,at Clinton
by Wright!!!

Excellent,haha:)

canopfor on November 22, 2009 at 8:26 PM

What amazes me is Hao Long it takes libtards to understand what we at HA have known since Obama announced for president. F I N A L L Y a few New Yorkers have had an epiphany.

Mojave Mark on November 22, 2009 at 8:34 PM

So does this mean SNL are teabaggers now?

WisCon on November 22, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Obama says and does something bad, stupid, boneheaded, or hypocritical almost every day. The fact that SNL can only come out with an anti-Obama skit once in a blue moon is a disgrace, and I don’t think conservatives should be jumping for joy over this pathetic performance – and it is pathetic. Notice how when they go after somebody like Sarah Palin, they put their all into it and try to make that person look as foolish as possible.

SNL is a disgrace. I say, who cares. The next episode, they’ll be back to trashing conservatives like usual.

Narutoboy on November 22, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I’m anxiously awaiting CNN’s team of fact checkers to evaluate the Obama skit.

PackerBronco on November 22, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I wonder if they’ll find a clause in our debt arrangements with China that actually does allow us to repay them in clunkers?

venividivici on November 22, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Is “President Jintao” sloppy writing or an intended Obamateurism?

theperfecteconomist on November 22, 2009 at 9:18 PM

second clip has been removed

unseen on November 22, 2009 at 9:48 PM

CNN factcheckers will be busy this week. Jobs created or saved?

malclave on November 22, 2009 at 4:43 PM

LOL! That made me laugh! The SNL skit, not so much.

4shoes on November 22, 2009 at 9:58 PM

He does a spot on Obama impersonation.
I only find him as awful to watch as our President himself

NO one is as awful or painful to watch as obama!!!

jgdp on November 22, 2009 at 10:04 PM

They had Obama refer to Hu as “President Jintao” instead of President Hu.

Very subtle. :-)

KeepOhioRed on November 22, 2009 at 10:13 PM

None of which explains the reaction of the studio audience.

Jim Treacher on November 22, 2009 at 6:54 PM

If you’re in the studio audience and can’t actually see anything wrong with “The mind of Keith Olbermann”, then you don’t realize who the parody is targeting and actually think it’s just another routine late-night shot at Palin.

Which makes it even funnier for the people who do understand the reference.

Unless you’re Keith.

jon1979 on November 22, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I noticed TOTUS wasn’t there. Did it jump ship as well?

Bicyea on November 22, 2009 at 4:33 PM

It probably said: “FUBO! Even I can’t make you look good in this situation. I’m getting out of here!”

Chaz706 on November 22, 2009 at 10:40 PM

AP & others here is a link to the Sarah Palin/2012 skit that is still working at this time:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTZy9ErjpyQ&feature=related

SgtSVJones on November 22, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Next week SNL should substitute the American voter for the Chinese guy.

ms on November 22, 2009 at 11:14 PM