CNN anchor tells bullies of kid who won’t say pledge: It is you, my friends, who are the wads

posted at 5:37 pm on November 20, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via Greg Hengler, didn’t Cronkite used to end his nightly show this way? “And that’s the way it is. And a personal note to the boys at Lincoln Elementary: Quit pulling Joey’s underwear over his head.” Don’t get me wrong, it’s a sweet sentiment and doubtless appreciated by anyone who’s ever been called a nerd or a geek or a dweeby little beta male who should run home to mommy. *cough* But … calling kids “wads” during a national newscast? I knew CNN was going to have to jazz things up once Dobbs left, but this bold new direction is even bolder than expected.

Here’s the original clip of the pledge kid, who has Jon Stewart on his side too. Exit fun fact: Joey’s underwear is now on display at the Newseum.

Comments

I look at little Seymour and then I look at his Dad, and I understand.

Jaibones on November 20, 2009 at 7:25 PM

This trainwreck just added a fuel tanker to the smashup; Jon Stewart has enlisted Mick Foley as a bodyguard for this brainwashed little boy.

No word yet on bodyguard services for young people who have the opposite viewpoint…

Dark-Star on November 20, 2009 at 7:25 PM

who was that stupid bi+ch?

D2Boston on November 20, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Has Anderson Cooper had this much of an effect on CNN?

d1carter on November 20, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Kyra Phillips reminds me of those inexperienced substitutes who walk around the classroom with dozens spitballs clinging to the backs of their clothes.
The Ugly American on November 20, 2009 at 7:07 PM

^5. Those were the good old days with those little straws they used to give out with the milk cartons. Don’t forget the chalked up eraser bombs!

OxyCon on November 20, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Strange. Some time ago, now long forgotten, CNN used to be all about important world news, and important national news that mattered. Yes, bullying in schools is an issue that’s been with us a long time, but worthy of live worldwide coverage on CNN?? I think not.

Of course can we expect much more from Roberts – once a music TV VJ, now an entertainment reporter in newsman clothing — and Phillips – she of ‘lets share the family gossip live during a potty break’ fame? Not sure either have the chops for anything but infotainment.

CNN is nothing but a caricature of a once proud news organization. Hard news is pretty much non-existent there, unless you count the biased reports, the Hollywood gossip and the live car chases.

notta_dhimmi on November 20, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I almost can’t blame CNN for such idiocy…. I mean, any sane person left for Fox News a while ago, and after MSNBC went extreme left that took the rest of CNN’s audience. They have nothing left. They could probably get away with an on air orgy at this point, because no one is watching.

P.S. If such an orgy breaks out, please let me know only if Kiran Chetry is involved.

BTW, isn’t this anchor the one caught with a hot mic while she was in the bathroom talking trash about her sister in-law?

RightWinged on November 20, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Itchee Dryback on November 20, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Dollayo on November 20, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Well stated.
As a mom I’d hate to encourage bullying, however sometimes peer reeducation or correction is a necessary evil when a poor kid has been so brain washed by his parent(s). And for all we know this little guy is a loud mouth taunting turd on the play ground putting everyone down for not following in his righteous footsteps. I went to highschool with a girl like that, and when the cheer squad had no interest in what she was peddling she baked them up some ex-lax brownies-sent a few to the ER. Nice gal.

mauioriginal on November 20, 2009 at 7:50 PM

When it’s time for the Pledge in my classroom I always say “Okay, let’s stand and show respect.” They do because they want to.

Kids must be taught to show disrespect, they don’t come by it naturally.

Mojave Mark on November 20, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Fight it out in the schoolyard @ 3pm. I’m betting on the bullies.

BHO Jonestown on November 20, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Well, my my my…Miss Hoity Toity herself.

SouthernGent on November 20, 2009 at 7:55 PM

The brunette CNN anchorwoman is very hawt, in a 4”-spike-heel-boots-and riding-crop-as-everyday-work-underattire way. If only she were in her 20’s, …. or 30’s, ….
The Left may now stop smearing Sarah Palin this way, as this hottie is not clearly a married mother with children, and in fact looks available.

Arbalest on November 20, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Remind me again. Who’s bullying whom?

Doorgunner on November 20, 2009 at 8:22 PM

The only difference between these kids and MSM anchors is that the latter get paid six figures for calling names.

RobCon on November 20, 2009 at 6:06 PM

But they still get wedgies from FoxNews.

Fighton03 on November 20, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Modern Maturity: ONLY on CNN.

SuperCool on November 20, 2009 at 8:29 PM

What was the point of this?

paulsur on November 20, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Kyra is such a “dork wad” herself, whatever that is…

TBenton on November 20, 2009 at 9:16 PM

She’s a WAD! Nany nany boo boo!

MCGIRV on November 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Well this is the network of teabagger fame.

Cindy Munford on November 20, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Why is this a national conversation? The kid is ten. He doesn’t have to say the pledge. He can just stand there.

Why no one has explained to him that the flag is the ideal we strive toward. If everyone waited until it was perfect then no one would strive to perfect the union for which it stands.

If his parents can’t explain that to him and the school can’t teach it then call it a frick’n day. He’s just another whiner not willing to be a constructive, contributing citizen. Oh he’ll enjoy the freedoms he was born into if any are left when Obama gets done. But he won’t lift a finger to protect them or do the hard work to move us even a toenail’s distance toward the ideal this country was founded on.

Another generation – lost to the insanity.

BrideOfRove on November 20, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Even better is John Stewart and WWE’s Mick Foley’s handling of the little “wads” and what Foley will do to them if they don’t leave the kid alone.

AprilOrit on November 20, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Why do I have the urge to say “I know you are, but what am I?” CNN is pathetic.

ExcessivelyDiverted on November 20, 2009 at 11:06 PM

She’s just jealous because all the popular kids are eating lunch at the Fox table.

AaronGuzman on November 20, 2009 at 11:31 PM

I can’t help but contrast this star treatment this kid is getting from the press because he supports gay marriage to the shameful hatefest inflicted on Miss California because she shared Obama’s and the majority of the nations opinion of being against gay marriage.

It’s all about the narrative.

Baxter Greene on November 21, 2009 at 12:46 AM

I’m all for what little William Phillips wants. Let’s make the gays equal by removing the special protections they have. Let’s make them equal by taxing any behavior on their part which requires the public treasury to recompense — such as treatment for self-inflicted AIDS.

The gays have no constitutional right to be liked, nor do they have a constitutional right to make the rest of us who don’t like their lifestyle support it or be silent in our criticism of it.

To the extent that they are able to do the above, they have more rights than the rest of us.

unclesmrgol on November 21, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Wait a minute, let me get this straight.

When I was in School, a dork was another name for male genitals.
So did this news anchor call school children on national TV [email protected] wads?

What is wrong with this world if this is acceptable talk on television?

This woman truly is an anchor….on society.

mechkiller_k on November 21, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Waiting for his dad to say he won’t pay his taxes until gays can marry.

There again, maybe he’s one of the 40% who don’t anyway?

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 21, 2009 at 11:51 AM

First off, this “bodyguard” naturally is nothing but a stunt. Once the kids realize he can’t actually do anything, they will commence with long range attacks. And then become futher emboldened once they actually see how impotent the “bodyguard” actually is. And when he leaves, the kid better start going commando or develop teflon undies.
You see, this is what happens when parents USE their children as political pawns.

TQM38a on November 21, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Do these newscasters know the meaning of “wad”? Comes from “[email protected] wad” or “money shot” or “Jizz wad”…..They all laughed about “teabagger”, and are too stupid to know what they were saying. They’re talking about male ejaculate for God’s sake on national TV, and using it to call little kids, even if they are bullies, “dork wads” These people don’t get out enough, and in all likelyhood they were the “dorks” when they were in school.

The only thing good about CNN is Kiran Chetry in the morning. I’ve had a crush on her since she was on Fox, and was severly depressed for about two years after she left(not really, but it sounded good). I know she’s married, but one can dream…..

adamsmith on November 21, 2009 at 6:18 PM