Video: Hey, who’s up for six minutes of “teabagger” jokes on MSNBC?

posted at 10:00 pm on November 17, 2009 by Allahpundit

No, just kidding. There’s only two minutes or so of actual jokes. The other four-plus minutes are devoted to Olby taking credit for mainstreaming a sexual euphemism to degrade his political opponents. Good work; it’s important to have goals, especially when you’re the Edward R. Murrow of your generation.

For essential context on this delicate point, I refer you to John Simpson’s old but gold analysis at Big Hollywood of who’s really ‘bagging whom these days. Exit quotation from Matt Welch, addressing the meme du jour: “Generally speaking, when key evidence is ‘unspoken,’ and in fact imagined by the prosecution, it’s a good bet that the overall case is weak.”

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

To think that there are people at KOS who still consider this vituperative a$$clown to be the Murrow of the Age.

victor82 on November 17, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I used to work with a Koskiddie. He actually said that Keefe was one the of most objective journalists out there. IIRC he included Bill Moyers as well.

aikidoka on November 17, 2009 at 11:56 PM

For Olbermann to go on this long about a joke from last spring is a psychological sign. It’s obvious he is projecting and sexually frustrated. He should seek professional help.

JeffB. on November 18, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Everyone on the right has got it all wrong. Understandably, they have got it wrong — but still ALL WRONG. We need to launch: OPERATION FLIP THE SCRIPT.

The left does not give the phrase “teabagger” power, except as minor weak humor. YOU give the phrase power. Every time you get MAD. Everytime you get UPSET. Everytime you feel that feeling in the pit of your GUT — just like I do.

But make no mistake — you CANNOT argue with them. Like all taunts and ridicule, that only makes it worse. You can’t even ignore it, because it’s just too catchy.

WE HAVE GOT TO CO-OPT IT.

Let me repeat: WE HAVE GOT TO CO-OPT IT.

Don’t get mad at them — PRETEND TO JOIN IN. TAKE IT TO THE FURTHERST LIMITS — **AND BEYOND**. Destroy it by MOCKING THE MOCKERY.

How do you do that, do you say?

Well, you’re not going to like the answer at first blush. But believe me, I’ve been doing it on chatboards for 6 weeks, and it works EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Every single time.

When someone uses the phrase “teabagger,” I just play right back at them.

Outrageously.

Flamboyantly.

IN THE ONE WAY — THE ONE WAY — THEY NEVER EXPECT.

Simply put, I type words on to the scren as if I’m a flaming homosexual.

Yes, that’s right.

I type words on to the screen as if I am a flaming homosexual.

Example:

“OOOOOH ‘BLUESTATE4EVR.’ I love it when you say things like ‘teabagger.’ It gets me so hot! Squeal! Are you out, or still closeted? I’m gay and proud! Don’t be shy, come out of the closet! Come over here and give me a big kiss! Let’s turn this in to one big teabag party, SWEETIE! XOXO”

And I keep it up.

And I keep it up.

And I keep it up.

And let me tell you, I don’t have to keep it up long. It doesn’t just take the wind out of their sales — it DESTROYS them.

I already predicted — lots of you may object, at first blush. But think about it. You really THINK about it. THINK about the implications. Think about WHY THIS WORKS.

This is psychological warfare, and in warfare, there are no holds barred.

I’M STRONG ENOUGH TO DESTROY THE ENEMY WITH THE ONE WEAPON THEY DO NOT EXPECT, AND CANNOT COUNTER.

Are you?

voxpopuli on November 18, 2009 at 12:02 AM

I didn’t watch it, but Keith Olbermann seems to know an awful lot about homosexual practices. I wonder why that is.

Special Forces Grunt on November 17, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I always thought he was the inspiration for the SNL short cartoon~
Ambiguisly Gay Duo. With his partner Madkow.

mauioriginal on November 18, 2009 at 12:06 AM

ADDENDUM: I don’t do this under my main logins. USE A SOCKPUPPET. Duh.

voxpopuli on November 18, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Wasn’t “What’s the Frequency Keith-eth?” the spokesperson for ‘Strap-On’ tools?

BHO Jonestown on November 18, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Does this salad tosser even know what the term “teabagger” means?

chewydog on November 18, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Special Forces Grunt on November 17, 2009 at 10:19 PM

THAT is my point. But “Special Forces Grunt” cannot just accuse “DemocratBoy” of being a homosexual. It won’t work. They have armor.

But if “SizzlePants1″ starts in with a bunch of gay talk with “DemocratBoy” — and is joined by “Bend4Men” and “BigGayAl” — then quite the opposite happens. “DemocratBoy” suddenly has the urge to fell.

Swiftly.

Bwaaahahahaha.

voxpopuli on November 18, 2009 at 12:12 AM

*flee

voxpopuli on November 18, 2009 at 12:12 AM

He should seek professional help.

[JeffB. on November 18, 2009 at 12:02 AM]

That’s the problem. Professionals don’t want to have sex with him, either.

Dusty on November 18, 2009 at 12:17 AM

I don’t get mad about it. At first, I actually laughed at some of it, I can laugh even when I’m the butt of a joke. It was unprofessional, but hey, look at who we’re talking about here. But after a while, 1. you’re ‘professionals’. 2. Even good jokes go bad, if used enough. 3. Methinks Queef dost protesteth too much, kind of a ‘teabaggaphobia’ kind of thing.

bikermailman on November 18, 2009 at 12:29 AM

I am guessing Olby does not play first-person shooters on PC or game consoles, because he would know that “teabagging” is performed by the victor on a freshly, helpless vanquished foe. So maybe we should start coopting the phrase in this context.

I can envision an interview by a protestor with the phrase, “The gonads of freedom will soon be draped upon the forehead of Obama and his Democrats.” 2012 campaign slogan right there.

Dilophos on November 18, 2009 at 12:29 AM

I tried to watch him the other night, but I couldn’t take him for more than a minute.

I couldn’t care less about what this guy finds important. I feel sorry for him; he’s pathetic.

BuckeyeSam on November 18, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Sarah Palin – “A person only interested in themselves” Huh?

What about the current occupant of the White House?

Crux Australis on November 18, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Dilophos on November 18, 2009 at 12:29 AM

bikermailman on November 18, 2009 at 12:40 AM

DUDE, YOU ARE **AWESOME**!!!

voxpopuli on November 18, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Treacher recently called Olbermann a Jack-o-Lantern with lungs. I just love that. He does have an enormous, creepy, empty head.

Ted Torgerson on November 17, 2009 at 10:44 PM

It’s so round and orange. He really needs a candle in his mouth before the neighborhood kids run by and smash him.

Jim Treacher on November 18, 2009 at 12:47 AM

I’M NO ARTIST. THEREFORE REQUEST GRAPHICS:

1. UNCLE SAM TEABAGGING OBAMA
2. UNCLE SAM TEABAGGING PELOSI
3. UNCLE SAM TEABAGGING DEM DONKEY

C’MON PEOPLE I KNOW SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN GET THESE ROLLING . . . .

voxpopuli on November 18, 2009 at 12:49 AM

One of the first real WTF? moments I experienced when moving to the Bay Area 35 years ago was the scorn of gays for other gays, expressed by sneeringly referring to someone as “her.”

Self-hatred is an ugly thing to witness.

warbaby on November 18, 2009 at 12:51 AM

Olbermann’s and others of his ilk’s horrified reaction to an obviously attractive Sarah Palin has been aptly described as “Heterosexual panic.”

warbaby on November 18, 2009 at 12:56 AM

That’s the problem. Professionals don’t want to have sex with him, either.

LOL

beachgirlusa on November 18, 2009 at 12:58 AM

What do you do when your IQ doesn’t reach room temperature? You watch PMSNBC.

tarpon on November 18, 2009 at 1:00 AM

No offense, but this place always seems like an echo chamber. Yes, some of us like Sarah Palin. Yes, all of us hate MSNBC. Yes, Obama is destroying the country.

I’m talking about WAR, people. Fighting their propaganda with our own propaganda. How about more suggestions how to combat these goofs?

voxpopuli on November 18, 2009 at 1:03 AM

warbaby on November 18, 2009 at 12:51 AM

Recently, my gay brother-in-law, who lives in SF, has begun a “white culture” rant.

Connie on November 18, 2009 at 1:21 AM

voxpopuli on November 18, 2009 at 1:03 AM

It begins with your local paper.

Connie on November 18, 2009 at 1:22 AM

The voice of the NFL on NBC (Olby) speaks…

Way to represent the National Football League… and Rush can’t own a team…

AMAZING…

Khun Joe on November 18, 2009 at 1:23 AM

This is psychological warfare, and in warfare, there are no holds barred.

Are you?

voxpopuli on November 18, 2009 at 12:02 AM

I believe you are on to something there.

RedbonePro on November 18, 2009 at 1:35 AM

When your ratings are lower than re-runs of “Joanie Loves Chachi” you’ll say anything.

jdkchem on November 18, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Are you?

voxpopuli on November 18, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! There is no defense against the comfy chair!

jdkchem on November 18, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Why does Keify always look like he’s taking a sh*t in all the captions on here? :)

NathanG on November 18, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Fellators joking about teabagging. It’s got msnbc written all over it.

xblade on November 18, 2009 at 2:10 AM

Jim Treacher on November 18, 2009 at 12:47 AM

When I see this picture, why does it remind me of the movie American Pie ?

macncheez on November 18, 2009 at 3:23 AM

Well, Lenny Bruce had his politically-correct martyrdom; George Carlin had his “seven deadly words;” Olby’s entitled to his “one sort of gross and stupid innuendo.”
notropis on November 17, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Well according to “Karama Bites” (look it up)

Olbermann is defiantly not “A baby arm holding an apple

DSchoen on November 18, 2009 at 3:35 AM

So Anderson Cooper, Keith Olbermann, and Rachel Maddow started this whole “teabagging” term.

Who knew teabagging, is a homosexual/ BDSM and male dominance sex act?

Hum, I wonder why Anderson Cooper, Keith Olbermann, and Rachel Maddow know about this homosexual/ BDSM and male dominance sex act?

What can account for their deep personal knowledge of this homosexual/ BDSM and male dominance sex act?

What do these 3 have in common?

DSchoen on November 18, 2009 at 3:40 AM

What do these 3 have in common?

DSchoen on November 18, 2009 at 3:40 AM

They all are in Barney Frank’s guest list !

macncheez on November 18, 2009 at 3:47 AM

Who is up for six minutes of teabagger jokes?
Not me.

DDT on November 18, 2009 at 3:50 AM

What an asshole. My mom could have been watching, you douchebag. (no worries, she doesn’t read hotair.)

long_cat on November 18, 2009 at 4:02 AM

What an a-hole. My mom could have been watching you d-bag.

long_cat on November 18, 2009 at 4:02 AM

Here’s the thing-I dont care if I am called a teabagger. I just dont like it being labeled on so many of the elderly people who go out to stand up for the country who have no idea it is a derrogatory term. That is just low. Plus, Olby and Co., if I am the teabagger, that makes you the “teabagee” and that means my metaphorical balls are slapping you in the forehead and nose. A lovely mental picture.

di butler on November 18, 2009 at 4:34 AM

di butler on November 18, 2009 at 4:34 AM

I’m with you on this! Lovely mental picture – gross, but lovely! lol

I could care less what the mental midgets call me. It does get tiring to hear their repertoire of rhetoric, full of juvenile sexual innuendo – but that’s all they’ve got. I prefer smiling and “walking away”

In a way what voxpopuli suggested will work in some circumstances, much like the playground bully (and that’s all these people are) once they’re shoved back they lose their power to bully you. But it is equally empowering to give no reaction – are you not frustrated when ignored? If you can bear it, ignore it, once they figure out they’re no longer getting an angry response, they’ll stop giggling and become silent. What else do they have? I mean good grief…. their idol, the child who wants to be king, has the attitude, “I won, you didn’t”

ladyhawke53 on November 18, 2009 at 5:34 AM

as the audience shrinks for Anita Dunn’s true news organization expect this to be the only type of “journalism”.

rob verdi on November 18, 2009 at 5:55 AM

I want my 6+ minutes back… my ears are bleeding from that rubbish.

nationspatriotcom on November 18, 2009 at 5:57 AM

So Olby is taking credit for making “gay” an insult, again.

Okie dokie. Well I guess it’s an improvement to a bunch of MSNBTARD men sitting around comparing their pearl necklace experiences, especially the ones that were receiving.

Can’t say MSNBTARD viewers are the brightest bulbs out there, can we?

MNHawk on November 18, 2009 at 6:04 AM

I expect nothing less from this tool and the rest of the MSDNC crew…

no class whatsoever

cmsinaz on November 18, 2009 at 6:32 AM

Nope, ain’t gonna watch it. Nope.

Terrye on November 18, 2009 at 6:40 AM

Pray for Olbermann, he is one sick puppy.

Zorro on November 18, 2009 at 7:01 AM

voxpopuli This is psychological warfare, and in warfare, there are no holds barred.

Excellent observation, excellent advice. When you start barring holds, you have a bowing, scraping cut and run exit strategy. Go for it voxpopuli! Stick it up their teabag!

rhombus on November 18, 2009 at 7:01 AM

After that bow in Tokyo, the President must have been “teabagging” by the time he got to Beijing.

J_Crater on November 18, 2009 at 7:14 AM

Edward R. Murrow of your generation

LMAO

Olberbag is to journalism what Obama is to the presidency.

FRAUDS

marklmail on November 18, 2009 at 7:17 AM

Simply put, I type words on to the scren as if I’m a flaming homosexual.

Yes, that’s right.

I type words on to the screen as if I am a flaming homosexual.

voxpopuli on November 18, 2009 at 12:02 AM

This is a wonderful idea. Please, everyone do this. Then they won’t make fun of you anymore!

My idea was that you could be the adults and ignore their lame insults like I ignore most of the idiots here when they make their lame insults, but the “going on liberal sites and pretending to be a homosexual” thing is pure gold, and will definitely not backfire.

Proud Rino on November 18, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Teabag Olbergoebbels and Richard “Teabagee” Wolfe. Two poster boys for teabagging if there ever were two. Throw in Olbergoebbels’ “good buddy” Michael Musto and Andrew Sullivan and they could form a new musical group, “The Blueboys”. Their first hit could be from personal experience, “Circle Jerk”, followed with the “B” side, “Gimme another Pearl Necklace”. I sometimes wonder if Olbergoebbels has an inkling to how stupid and uncool he really is. And yes, he does look completely constipated everytime he’s on air. It’s a mental constipation combined with his buttplug with Obama’s face on it. Katy Tur, his live in “girlfriend” who at 24 is half his age is a great cover for this closet queen. When “Teabag” Olbergoebbels almost wept when California went against gay marriage I knew something was amiss. Come on Olbergoebbels, you can come out of the closet. Speaking of which, SouthPark really does need to do a whole episode on Olbergoebbels. He’s comedy rich doncha know?

Hey Olby, you know where to put a teabag, where the sun don’t shine. Maybe Butch Maddow can help you insert it. Throw some gerbil food in there as well so your “pets” don’t starve.

adamsmith on November 18, 2009 at 7:48 AM

I always thought he was the inspiration for the SNL short cartoon~
Ambiguisly Gay Duo. With his partner Madkow.

mauioriginal on November 18, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Don’t forget Anerson Cooper over at CNN. He couldn’t resist getting in on that “teabagging” action. The Bill Clinton heard about it and felt a little bi-curious. So he joined in.

edgehead on November 18, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Well according to “Karama Bites” (look it up)

Olbermann is defiantly not “A baby arm holding an apple”

DSchoen on November 18, 2009 at 3:35 AM

Heh, definitely underwhelmed by Kieth Olbermann’s teabags, and what he could do with them.

Maybe Rush Limbaugh could be NFL material, if he just dismissed his female opponents as “carpet munchers.”

MNHawk on November 18, 2009 at 7:56 AM

Combine the term teabagger with the angry fat losers whom it describes and you have comedy gold!

simplesimon on November 18, 2009 at 8:23 AM

What is this msnbc you people keep referring too? Some kind of new web show?

angryed on November 18, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Two words to someone who calls you a t-bagger.

OPEN WIDE

Burgher on November 18, 2009 at 8:27 AM

What would be an interesting comparison is to research some of the British jokes towards the colonials in the 1700s. Olby needs a powdered wig while he sits back and cracks wise on the average American who is tired of a ruling class gone wild.

Let’s see who gets the last laugh during elections and ratings.

Hening on November 18, 2009 at 8:29 AM

It’s come to this because the guy is desperate to try and up his dismal ratings. He’s an angry old fool. Maybe he should run for office. I have no doubt he could be elected by democrats.

scalleywag on November 18, 2009 at 8:30 AM

You’re missing great teabagging jokes. This material is good enough for primetime, people!

Allahpundit on November 17, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Desperate words. Rent going up, Allah?

Not clicking.

fossten on November 18, 2009 at 8:31 AM

simplesimon on November 18, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Sorry, little tardlett. “Funny” isn’t quite the term I’d use, if I thought of the things the likes of Olbermann would like to do to the likes of Chris Matthews, and his man boobies.

But thanks for making my point, dumb@#$%, after pointing out the IQ levels of people on the left, who think calling someone gay, is an insult, in the year 2009.

You know, if your boy Olbermann thought as much of carpet muching, as he does teabagging, maybe his whistle wouldn’t go off, before the tea-kettle is even warm? Karma does bite, little one.

MNHawk on November 18, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Olby is in all-out panic mode over his ratings. What we are now witnessing is his try at shock TV. Hoping to scrape up a few more immature young men who find this talk to be hilarious. Of course, these would be immature young men from the gay community.

Have at it, Olby. Quite the audience you have there.

Shiny_Tiara on November 18, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Well, look, if “teabagger” is now part of the vernacular, then those who call us “teabaggers” really don’t have a leg to stand on if they complain about us calling them “salad tossers,” do they?

Because they have been “tossing Obama’s salad” nonstop for about sixteen months now.

(I’ll let you all consult urbandictionary.com on the meaning of “tossing someone’s salad.”)

Aitch748 on November 18, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Olby seems to have an unnatural fixation on this subject. Dare we put two and two together?

Wills on November 18, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Is Olby taking credit for making D-Bag popular? I don’t think being called one means you made it mainstream.

Rbastid on November 18, 2009 at 9:38 AM

So, Olbermann wants to simultaneously claim that Republicans unwittingly chose this name for themselves while claiming credit for himself for putting it in the American lexicon?

This is the best MSNBC can do?

ynot4tony2 on November 18, 2009 at 9:43 AM

This is the best MSNBC can do?
ynot4tony2 on November 18, 2009 at 9:43 AM

elderberry on November 18, 2009 at 9:56 AM

I responded to a teabagger thread once by telling the liberal that I was sorry he was a homophobe and hated gays. After his steam vent blew, I then had to explain to him using small words that comparing people who disagree with Obama to the sodomites from Deliverance was not a way to win friends or influence people.

pt on November 18, 2009 at 10:03 AM

I refuse to watch Olbydork, and I thank AP for using his photo because it allows me to see that this thread is about an otherwise foolish little man that I don’t even watch the NFL on NBC Pre-game show to avoid!

Thanx AP!

Vntnrse on November 18, 2009 at 10:11 AM

From the worth-the-read Mat Welch article (emphases mine):

But in a genuinely curious turn of events, Obama’s race—after failing to provoke any significant appeals to white fear or resentment during the long 2008 campaign—has now become a central factor in the eyes of people frustrated by the volume and effectiveness of the opposition.

Mr. Welch is right on-target with this observation. With no overt display of racism, otherwise smart-sounding pundits are desperate to find base and bigoted motivations for conservative opposition. What the liberal opinion writers don’t find, they make up.
It’s obvious that they are wildly thrashing in the throes of self-denial about Barack Obama, who succeeded in winning the office he now holds by media malfeasance, personal popularity, white guilt and discontent with President Bush.
Mr. Welch exposes well empty accusations against an empty suit.

ExpressoBold on November 18, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Olbermann’s familiarity with the practice of “teabagging” is…interesting. I mean, I understand he’s played a lot of baseball and has probably taken more than a few balls to the chin, but….

WarEagle01 on November 18, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Aitch748 on November 18, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Ok, I admit, I don’t know the meaning of “tossing someone’s salad, just as I didn’t know what “teabagging” is and I don’t know what the acronym BDSM stands for.

It’s hip to be square:)

Jvette on November 18, 2009 at 10:36 AM

This is news reporting?

royzer on November 18, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Edward R. Murrow?…Hardly
Moronic MSNBC clown…Absolutely!

Nalea on November 18, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Paraphrasing the great philosopher Homer (Simpson). It’s not funny because it’s not true.

curved space on November 18, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Better to be a teabagger than the douchebag Olby is.

By the way, have you noticed how big Rachel Maddows fist are? Probably comes in handy for someone of her persuasion.

la.rt.wngr on November 18, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Obly’s turning into quite the chunkster. Edward R. Murrow of the buffet line, too, I guess.

spmat on November 18, 2009 at 11:20 AM

A Douchebag making fun of Teabaggers…tsk, tsk, tsk. What is this world coming to. Stop the bag on bag violence.

Wyznowski on November 18, 2009 at 11:46 AM

I think, because of their affinity for the term, they should be referred to from now on as “TEABAGGING AFICIONADO’S.”

Cornbread on November 18, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Voxpopuli- adding the “strong” tag to your comments only affects the appearance of the text, not the validity of your argument.

Scott P on November 18, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Scott P on November 18, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Thank you for that utterly vacuous observation.

voxpopuli on November 18, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Sumthin’s wrong with Olbie’s head; both intellectually and the shape…

jgdp on November 18, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Olbermann, A legend in his own MIND.

He is quite comfortable with the tea bagger term. Nuf said.

New Patriot on November 18, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Sorry, I just can’t listen to this self absorbed lunatic. Got about 20 seconds in, turned it off when I returned from throwing up.

Filecchio on November 18, 2009 at 2:32 PM

“what the acronym BDSM stands for.”

BDSM explains why Uberidiot is such an uber idiot. Obviously Uberidiot is a submissive, the opposite of what he tries to portray himself.

The initialism BDSM includes psychological and physiological facets:
· Bondage & Discipline (B&D)
· Dominance & Submission (D&S)
· Sadism & Masochism (or Sadomasochism) (S&M)

DSchoen on November 18, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Things more fun than watching Keith Olbermann clips:

14. Drive into a tree.

(insert video of car driving into tree, accompanied by dozens of idiots laughing)

Snowed In on November 18, 2009 at 3:07 PM