Quotes of the day

posted at 9:30 pm on November 15, 2009 by Allahpundit

“The book tour starts this week, and I look forward to it! I’m most looking forward to meeting many of you, shaking your hands, and telling you, ‘Thanks for loving America.’ I’ll give you a scoop here and tell you what’s on the book’s Dedication Page – it’s dedicated to you – Patriots – who love the U.S.A. as much as I do.”

***
“Through it all, Mrs. Palin emerges as a new style of feminist: a politician who took on the Ole Boy network and won; a wife with a supportive husband whose career takes second place to hers; and a mother who, unlike working women of an earlier age, isn’t shy about showcasing her family responsibilities. She writes with sensitivity and affection about her gay college roommate, and she confesses her anguish when she found out that she was carrying a baby with Down syndrome. That experience, she says, helped her to understand why a woman might be tempted to have an abortion. This is not the prejudiced, dim-witted ideologue of the popular liberal imagination…

Mrs. Palin’s veep candidacy ignited fury on the left and much skewed reporting in the mainstream media. It is probably too much to hope that a book that begins at the Right to Life booth at the Alaska State Fair will inspire her critics to read on. But if they do, they’ll find themselves in the company of a woman whose views are more nuanced than they were portrayed to be during the campaign. As for her supporters on the right, they won’t find much new ammunition with which to counter those who say that Mrs. Palin isn’t ready for the rigors of the White House.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

Col.John Wm. Reed on November 16, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Yep. No more retread blow outs!

Besides, Palin can change her own tire.
Brooks & Will can’t.

maverick muse on November 16, 2009 at 8:25 AM

SuperCool on November 16, 2009 at 8:01 AM

I’m pretty sure that was Glen Iffel, not Donna Brazile.
I don’t have the stomach to watch that clip again in order to confirm.

justltl on November 16, 2009 at 9:08 AM

OK, it is Gwen Ifill.
I took one for the team and went back and watched part of the clip.

justltl on November 16, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Ifill, not Iffel.

justltl on November 16, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Why did I watch this video? I was so close to destroying my computer. Allah pulled a bait and switch. The text read so positive and the video was such a Sarah Palin pile on it was pitiful. I’ve never been a fan of Gwen Ifill but I give her kudos for standing tall in front of those male chauvinist pigs on the panel. Beta males on display! David Brooks and company made me sick. Doesn’t fear do strange things to people?

donh525 on November 16, 2009 at 9:23 AM

I’ll not soon forget Allah’s deception either. That video, after the lead in, was like a slap in the face. I was still on my first cup of coffee. Boy, did that wake me up.

donh525 on November 16, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Everyone ready for the big day? The lefty blogs are going NUTS!

AnninCA on November 16, 2009 at 10:23 AM

The lefty blogs are going NUTS!

Nothing new for them, they’re already nuts.

beachgirlusa on November 16, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Nothing new for them, they’re already nuts.

beachgirlusa on November 16, 2009 at 11:06 AM

This is worse than usual. It’s total melt-down. They want to boycott Oprah now. *haha

AnninCA on November 16, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Really? Where does it say that in the Bible? I’d like to read that because I admit I don’t remember that particular verse.

Proud Rino on November 15, 2009 at 10:15 PM

What? You don’t own a Bible? I’ll gladly mail you one.

MATTHEW 5:22
But I say to you that every one who becomes angry with his brother shall be answerable to the magistrate; that whoever says to his brother ‘Raca,’ shall be answerable to the Sanhedrin; and that whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be liable to the Gehenna of Fire.

fullogas on November 15, 2009 at 10:33 PM

PWNAGE. Go away ProudDouchebag.

fossten on November 16, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Can she make liberals and Country Club RINOs explode? The answer to that is YES.
Should the tea party and the rest of us keep working for defeat of the democrats in 2010? you betcha :-)

Gracelynn on November 15, 2009 at 11:59 PM

My favorite perspective of Governor Palin is that all the right people absolutely LOATHE her. They hate her with the white hot fury of a thousand suns. It’s a beautiful sight.

Until there is someone who can incite that level of heat, she’s the next President.

Viva La Palinrevolution!!!

Blacksmith8 on November 16, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Everyone ready for the big day? The lefty blogs are going NUTS!

AnninCA on November 16, 2009 at 10:23 AM

You mean YOU and Allah.

Okey.

TheAlamos on November 16, 2009 at 1:58 PM

donh525 on November 16, 2009 at 9:37 AM

donh525 on November 16, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Geesh. Of course, Allah is always deceptive. He’s closer to BetaMale Brooks than you guys think of.

TheAlamos on November 16, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Viva La Palinrevolution!!!

Blacksmith8 on November 16, 2009 at 1:09 PM

And I am a carpenter.

Blacksmith and carpenter, plus the farmers.

Viva la Revolucion de los conservativos Americanos en el siglo viente uno.

TheAlamos on November 16, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Something new .. Fabricated news stories .. in Alaska.

There is an irony here that goes beyond words.

J_Crater on November 16, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I only made it through half of that video. Two comments stick out in what I heard. “She is the latest shiny flashy thing” and “no one ever got elected president from writing a book”

Sound like they were talking about Obama!

wakey74 on November 16, 2009 at 5:43 PM