Japan expert to ABC: Yes, Obama’s bow made him look like an idiot

posted at 7:45 pm on November 15, 2009 by Allahpundit

So much of an idiot, in fact, that according to Tapper’s source, at least one Japanese paper isn’t running the photo out of embarrassment. This tool actually groveled himself into a minor international incident.

The good news for O-bots? It wasn’t unprecedented. Nixon evidently made a modest bow to Hirohito in the early 70s. The bad news?

“Obama’s handshake/forward lurch was so jarring and inappropriate it recalls Bush’s back-rub of Merkel.

“Kyodo News is running his appropriate and reciprocated nod and shake with the Empress, certainly to show the president as dignified, and not in the form of a first year English teacher trying to impress with Karate Kid-level knowledge of Japanese customs.

“The bow as he performed did not just display weakness in Red State terms, but evoked weakness in Japanese terms….The last thing the Japanese want or need is a weak looking American president and, again, in all ways, he unintentionally played that part.

A senior White House official (read: Axelrod or Emanuel) assured Politico this morning that no Japanese observers “would say anything other than that he enhanced both the position and the status of the U.S., relative to Japan.” Consider that spin exploded, thanks to ABC.

And yet, having said that, I’m not convinced that the “groveling” explanation for the bow is necessarily the correct one. For one thing, his protocol office is famously run by imbeciles. They may very well have simply given him bum advice: “Be sure to hunch way the hell over and stare at the ground. They all do it that way.” For another thing, and somewhat notably, Japan isn’t a stop on The One’s world apology tour. It could have been, but he declined the opportunity to turn it into one. So why give the emperor the full Hopenchange treatment, then? Is it just … reflex at this point? Or is it actually a sign of how keenly aware Obama is of the messianic hype that follows him around the world? Maybe he figured that, as the newly anointed global Jesus, he’d better go out of his way to show deference to Japan’s divine ruler lest it seem like he was “pulling rank.” Think of it as “Superman II,” if the main characters had landed on Earth convinced that they had to “rebuild Krypton’s relationships” with the universe. In that case, you don’t kneel before Zod; Zod kneels before you.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I hear “Thirty Seconds over Tokyo”, “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” (Mickey Rooney As Mr. Yunioshi anyone?), Lost In Translation and Godzilla were in the DVD pack the Emperor received.

jcrue on November 15, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I wonder, to my amusement, if there is a Bush holdover in the Protocol Office giving this advice.

Enoxo on November 15, 2009 at 8:23 PM

an insurgent you say??!?

crikey! that’d be funny!

ted c on November 15, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Or is it actually a sign of how keenly aware completely oblivious Obama is of the messianic hype what it means to be President of the United States

peski on November 15, 2009 at 8:24 PM

This guy can speak weakness in both word AND deed…..

…and in mutiple languages as well.

ted c on November 15, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Winner…nothing else here has come close.

mctowler on November 15, 2009 at 8:24 PM

And aaannnd and Bush (41)did it !

macncheez on November 15, 2009 at 8:19 PM

But he made up for it by barfing on their Prime Minister.

mr.blacksheep on November 15, 2009 at 8:25 PM

obowma claims he bowed out of respect, it would be nice if he showed the same respect for our American Flag.

SuperManGreenLantern on November 15, 2009 at 8:26 PM

jcrue on November 15, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Yeah, but it wouldn’t be complete unless it had this little ditty in it.

One hit wonders.

ted c on November 15, 2009 at 8:26 PM

I like to imagine that the Emporer is whispering through gritted/grinning teeth, “Stand up you idiot!”

SoldiersMom on November 15, 2009 at 8:26 PM

In that case, you don’t kneel before Zod; Zod kneels before you.

In Soviet Russia…

I kill me.

RINO in Name Only on November 15, 2009 at 8:26 PM

OT, found at Ace: Obama sends letter to MILF. Sadly, not that kind, but rather the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (Philippines Islamic Terrorists).

The Obama pan-Asian tour of destruction continues apace!

Fallen Sparrow on November 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM

He always thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room, and now that he’s president, he thinks that’s been confirmed.

But his knowledge of other cultures is spotty, and he has no idea of how the president of the United States should behave.

Wethal on November 15, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Correct.

peski on November 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM

How embarrassing for an American to bow to anyone…..oh, wait, I forgot, obeyme hates America & will do anything to shame our nation.

His actions will have results… I think he is purposefully pushing the limit of the citizenry’s patience.

Ris4victory on November 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Thats Bow number two!!

canopfor on November 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM

I hope he at least gave a suitable gift this time around.

scalleywag on November 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Superman II?
Good Lord, I’m not dorky enough to get the reference.
I am from Wisconsin, though. Go Pack!

roscopico on November 15, 2009 at 8:28 PM

I hope he at least gave a suitable gift this time around.

scalleywag on November 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM

He took Rahmbo with him, I hear he has a way with seafood..

ted c on November 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I hope he at least gave a suitable gift this time around.

scalleywag on November 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM

A set of Ginsu knives?

Fallen Sparrow on November 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM

One wonders what he will say or do on December 7, 2011. No doubt there will be services on the 70th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. Or what he does on 12/7 this year even.

Wethal on November 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Watch the video again…

As Obama walks from behind his limo, catch that smug narcissistic elitist smile on his face right before he makes an a%s of himself before the entire world.

Solid Gold! This idiot blames water for being wet…

Seven Percent Solution on November 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Excellent comment from Mark Steyn:

“Maybe it’s time for Valerie Jarrett to speak truth to bower?”

AceR on November 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM

How dispiriting it must be for the troops who are fighting under the American flag to see the Commander in Chief bowing to the hereditary monarch of the country we defeated.

Wethal on November 15, 2009 at 8:30 PM

scalleywag on November 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM

perhaps the emperor slipped him a book on japanese etiquette?

cmsinaz on November 15, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Okay, that’s funny. I can actually see an Anita Dunn protege licking her lips, clacking her dentures (or whatever the hell it is Anita clacks in there), and giving the president this very piece of advice. But given that he may have taken such advice, doesn’t that make our Smartest President Evah kinda dumb?

Rational Thought on November 15, 2009 at 8:31 PM

It takes less than 4 minutes to learn
Anyone could have found this, especially the tech savvy Prezisadunce

macncheez on November 15, 2009 at 8:16 PM

So, he did another apology.

mizflame98 on November 15, 2009 at 8:31 PM

And aaannnd and Bush (41)did it !

macncheez on November 15, 2009 at 8:19 PM
But he made up for it by barfing on their Prime Minister.

mr.blacksheep on November 15, 2009 at 8:25 PM

I’m sorry – I can’t stop laughing. Oh god …. my stomach … it hurts … it hurtss…s.s…… stop!

Rod on November 15, 2009 at 8:32 PM

The image to me is of this jackass caricature of a man soiling himself before the Emperor of Japan.

Way to go, jackass. Way to negate 250 years of American ideals. But you never intended to support them, didya? You hated those American ideals, didn’tcha?

GTR640 on November 15, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Wethal on November 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM

hopefully, he will fit it in between tee times…

cmsinaz on November 15, 2009 at 8:32 PM

trying to impress with Karate Kid-level knowledge of Japanese customs.

Bullseye!

ronsfi on November 15, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Wethal on November 15, 2009 at 8:21 PM

You know, I used to, but it’s mostly a waste of time. Now I just plug in the ear buds and crank up the iPod.

Funny thing is, since I used to live in Africa, and among many other cultures over the years, and my ex- is from West Africa, everyone assumes I ought to be big on this myself.

But I’ve found, as a practical matter, that the basic manners my parents taught me function pretty well all over the world.

The funniest example was this past August, when our school had a guest speaker whose topic was “teaching the bi-racial student.” I kid you not.

As a parent of bi-racial kids (a stupid label, but whatever) I was amazed to find I’d done everything wrong. I just sort of raised them the way my folks raised me, which was pretty much the same as my ex’s folks had raised her….

When I told my daughters about it, they were about as disgusted as I’ve seen them about anything. I wouldn’t let them fire off the angry e-mail they wrote (maybe I should have.)

My younger one asked, “Can we at least go TP her house?”

notropis on November 15, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I guess to get to the heart of my earlier questions about this ‘genius’…Does this tool actually know anything about any subject?

AUINSC on November 15, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Yes. Rules for Radicals and Cloward/Pivon.

FloatingRock on November 15, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Given how racist the Japanese are to begin with, they are all probably laughing at the US for electing this clown.

pedestrian on November 15, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I find it demeaning to the Presidentcy,and to America!

Don’t get me wrong,alot of Americans shed alot of blood
getting to Japan during World War Two,and the last thing
any American,ever wanted to do,was bow before the Japanese!

And,on the otherhand,during WW2,the Japanese enjoyed all
who bowed,most of the time,when they stood back up,they
were missing their heads!!

So,this is an insult to Americans and for what America stands for!!

canopfor on November 15, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Wethal on November 15, 2009 at 8:30 PM

More dispiriting and demoralizing than waiting months for the vacations and photo-ops to be over with and a decision made about sending more troops to Afghanistan? I don’t think so.

highhopes on November 15, 2009 at 8:34 PM

And when you greet the Emperess, sweep the leg!

ronsfi on November 15, 2009 at 8:35 PM

ronsfi on November 15, 2009 at 8:35 PM

lololol

cmsinaz on November 15, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I’ll note that the ABC point was correct, as I mentioned something about this in the other thread:

This is exactly what you don’t do in Japanese etiquette. There is no ‘safe’ middle ground. There are only two real explanations for this Presidential behavior, from the Japanese point-of-view:

1) The President of the United States is completely clueless about Japanese bowing etiquette, and couldn’t be bothered to read up on it. This makes this a large, though unintentional, breach of etiquette, and callously rips the mask of ‘internationalism’ from the President’s face. This is the better of the two options.

2) The President actually does know Japanese bowing etiquette, and this becomes a calculated insult to the sacral ruler of Japan. It is, in effect, an ironic overstatement of subservience, which in Japanese culture is invariably insulting.

So… is the President deliberately insulting the Japanese Emperor (by extension the entire nation), or is he simply terminally tone-deaf in regards to anything that doesn’t directly impact him?

I think it’s the latter, but it might be interesting to check the other possibility.

Scott H on November 15, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Obama is the guy that buys a girl drinks all night and she leaves with the Bartender’s number.

Daemonocracy on November 15, 2009 at 8:36 PM

So,this is an insult to Americans and for what America stands for!!

canopfor on November 15, 2009 at 8:34 PM

It definitely does not represent what America stands for when the Chief Executive decides to grovel in front of the monarch of another nation. But the insult to real Americans occured when this rat bastard traitor was elected to office, primarily because of his skin color.

highhopes on November 15, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Daemonocracy on November 15, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Meaning what? Obama picks out the alcoholic girls to prey on?

highhopes on November 15, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Daemonocracy on November 15, 2009 at 8:36 PM

and he leaves with …..Michelle!

ted c on November 15, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Just when I think he cant do anything worse bowbama jets back to the amateur he always has been. WTF were people ,who voted for him, thinking? He would grow into leader of the free world? Duh!

faol on November 15, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Wethal on November 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM

“As we stand here at Pearl Harbor, in the memorial built over the sunken hull of the battle-destroyer USS Alabama, we should ponder what it is that America did during that long ago time to cause the peaceful Empire of Japan to defend themselves against American aggression.”

Bishop on November 15, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Scott H on November 15, 2009 at 8:36 PM

How strong an ally was Japan during the Bush years?

Obama makes a point of dissing all the traditional allies, often with protocol (the iPod of his speeches to the Queen, the useless DVDs to a virtually blind PM Brown, selling out the Poles on the anniversary of the invasion of Poland).

Wethal on November 15, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I don’t think the Japanese Emperor is still considered divine. His father denounced the divinity back in 1946.

p0s3r on November 15, 2009 at 8:40 PM

So, he did another apology.

mizflame98 on November 15, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Thats the only thing that makes Michelle Obama proud of her country
He will go to infinite lengths to win her approval
and wipe that scowl off her face !
The guy is hopelessly in luuuv !

macncheez on November 15, 2009 at 8:40 PM

What we really missed was the conversation between the two men:
Obama: Everybody calls me an a$$clown.
Emperor: Really?
Obama: Here – I’ll bend over, do you see any clown up there?
Emperor: Why yes, I believe I do.

Carolina Kat on November 15, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Yes. Rules for Radicals and Cloward/Pivon.

FloatingRock on November 15, 2009 at 8:34 PM

And Rules for Radicals doesn’t have a section on diplomacy so this mother-effing traitor is completely out of his element.

highhopes on November 15, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I think the only apologies America owes the world is by all the dolts who voted this dim wit into the precedency. I am fortunately not one of them. So I will stand back and let those who did bow down and beg forgiveness. One, two, three, start——

chickasaw42 on November 15, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Does snoop dogg bow to the chief of police?

Does reggie love bow to the head of the NBA?

Do authors bow to Oprah?

I give up…

ted c on November 15, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I just don’t believe that he loves his country. I don’t.

I don’t even think he likes his country.

GTR640 on November 15, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Inappropriate is entirely the correct term for that from every possible angle.

You would never bow that low unless you were begging forgiveness, particularly if you are of equal or higher standing than the person to whom you are bowing. And if you were, you sure as hell would have your hands to yourself or flat palms down on the ground in supplication, not out like that.

If Obama had been inclined to honor their culture with a bow, his hands would’ve been straight at his sides and he would have dipped slightly, always keeping his eyes up and connected with the person to whom he was bowing. As Miyagi said, “always look eye!”

This was disrespectful to us AND disrespectful to them. The Japanese have extremely strict and subtle connotations to almost everything, bowing being one of the most prominent.

CrankyTRex on November 15, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Wanda Sykes must be the protocol officer.

faol on November 15, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Bush Sr,did it right,when he had the flu,he upchucked on
the Japanese Prime Minister!

My thoughts at the time was,hehe,I guess Bush really isn’t
over the conflict with the Japanese,and he pukes on him!

I had a real grin that day!!

Bad Sushi!!

canopfor on November 15, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Obama is a lazy hick, who has got out of tight spots through the efforts of others or by voting “present”.

His inner circle also is insular and dull, enflamed with their own self-importance they have never had the time or mindset to learn a lot about anything other than the little swamp they came out of.

Michelle is in the LA Times telling women that Medicare will not be touched, inviolable…when all the bills in the House or Senate are calling for massive fund transfers. She emulates Barry in either being a liar or without clue as to reality, of the plans or her ability to spin this kind of web. There is no other explanation for this kind of manure.

Barry is a little man, unift for the position he holds. The empty vessel makes the loudest noise, and he is proof of the theorum.

Harry Schell on November 15, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Bishop on November 15, 2009 at 8:40 PM

WHat is sad is that I wouldn’t be surprised if he did.

Gracelynn on November 15, 2009 at 8:42 PM

If it sounds like Karl Marx, acts like Benito Mussolini, lies like Joe Isuzu, attracts followers eerily reminiscent of those Jim Jones attracted and stumbles like Bozo the Clown, it’s probably Barack Obama!!!!!

MB4 on November 15, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Bishop on November 15, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I’m pretty sure you mean the USS Arizona. And before blaming America for WWII in the Pacific, you missed the shout out to Cousin Pookie who flew in from New Jersey.

highhopes on November 15, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Bishop on November 15, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I wonder if he’s ever been out to the USS Arizona. I expect his lefty grandfather told him the racist, imperialist US military had it coming.

Wethal on November 15, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Wethal: From what I’ve been told by professors, Japanese foreign policy has had only two goals in the post-war period.

First, guarantee access for Japanese goods to world markets.
Second, do whatever the hell the United States does.

As I recall, Japan’s SDF had some troops deployed in the War on Terror, which is remarkable considering the wrangling it requires to get any of that force deployed outside the country. I do believe that Japan also supported it economically.

Consider that North Korea was on President Bush’s list, and this makes it even more a practical matter for the Japanese. Which brings up another point: the Koreans and the Japanese hate each other (for generally good reasons). Being seen to be subservient to Japan is going to piss off North Korea.

Scott H on November 15, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Meaning what? Obama picks out the alcoholic girls to prey on?

highhopes on November 15, 2009 at 8:38 PM

52% of the electorate certainly behaved that way last year, which, at the time, I’d likened to a bad night of drinking. To those of us who were not drunk on Hope and Change, this year has been a nightmare, while to those who were, there is great denial of the danger they have placed themselves in.

Fallen Sparrow on November 15, 2009 at 8:44 PM

highhopes on November 15, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I assumed Bishop meant Obama was so clueless about American history he wouldn’t bother to get the name of the ship right.

When you name ships after states, and we have 57 states, according to Obama, it’s hard to keep track of them all.

Wethal on November 15, 2009 at 8:45 PM

I just don’t believe that he loves his country. I don’t.

I don’t even think he likes his country.

GTR640 on November 15, 2009 at 8:40 PM

What country does the filthy lying coward consider his? Serious question. What is there in the rat bastard traitor’s past or actions that leads you to believe that he considers himself to be an American?

highhopes on November 15, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Nice try, AP. But Barry is too much of an arrogant pr**k to be humble enough to take advice from some lowly flack in the protocol office. He decided this all on his own.

Fed45 on November 15, 2009 at 8:46 PM

highhopes on November 15, 2009 at 8:42 PM

nahhh, pookie ain’t gettin no shouts out (or shout outs) this time ’round. He didn’t get his lazy a$$ up off the couch and go vote for Corzine the other day.

ted c on November 15, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Obama’s bow made him look like an idiot

How many times does it take for people to begin to grasp that he IS an idiot? He is a post turtle.

MikeA on November 15, 2009 at 8:47 PM

highhopes on November 15, 2009 at 8:42 PM

No I bet Obama would say Alabama instead.
You know with his vast knowledge of US history…/sarc

Gracelynn on November 15, 2009 at 8:47 PM

MB4 on November 15, 2009 at 8:42 PM

MB4: Correction,thats, FU BO The Clown!!:)

canopfor on November 15, 2009 at 8:47 PM

highhopes on November 15, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I meant that but have no doubt that Obowa will screw it up by calling the ship the HMS Albemarle or something.

Bishop on November 15, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Watch the video again…

Solid Gold! This idiot blames water for being wet…

Seven Percent Solution on November 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Forget about Obama’s smug look (I didn’t really it), just look at the face of the Newscaster; he looks embarassed. The Emperor and the Empress themselves look disgusted and bewildered. I am not reading too much into this, you can see the change in expression on their faces.

The left will just run Bush Sr. puking on the Japanese PM on a loop to spin this.

Daemonocracy on November 15, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I saw the picture of Nixon and the Emperor, and it looked to me as if he were just leaning over to talk with him (they’re looking at each other). Obambi looked as if he were trying to see his smile in the Emperor’s polished shoes.

rmgraha on November 15, 2009 at 8:48 PM

But guys, Obama is such a citizen of the world. He was just trying to merge two customs together for one SUPER MEGA RESPECTFUL greeting.

He’s so much smarter than every Japanese or American citizen. Who are we to question his genius?/sarc

Vera on November 15, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Wethal on November 15, 2009 at 8:45 PM

I didn’t even tumble to the thought that there might be a typical clusterfarck element to the speech as presented by Bishop. Probably because every time the filthy lying coward makes one of these gaffes they are completely ignored by the media.

highhopes on November 15, 2009 at 8:49 PM

rmgraha on November 15, 2009 at 8:48 PM

It’s called “grabbing your ankles to give the benefit of the doubt”. What Nixon did was nothing compared to this…though the general personality comparisons seem appropriate.

AUINSC on November 15, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Well, we all know where the morons in the protocol office get all their information, right? Right here, it says right here how low Obama should go. Maybe he was apologizing for American imperialism.

JustTruth101 on November 15, 2009 at 8:51 PM

“As we stand here at Pearl Harbor, in the memorial built over the sunken hull of the battle-destroyer USS Alabama, we should ponder what it is that America did during that long ago time to cause the peaceful Empire of Japan to defend themselves against American aggression the improbable set of circumstances that led a white lady from Kansas to hook up with a black man from Kenya. And how that improbably reflects the American dream.”

I think we can all write Obama’s speeches now.

GTR640 on November 15, 2009 at 8:52 PM

What amazes me is how Bush cronies have infiltrated Japanese print media and ABC News.

Loxodonta on November 15, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Hopey/Changey has the manners of a,

Fence Post Turtle!!

canopfor on November 15, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I look at him bowing again over in the “46 Handshakes” thread and the photo just makes me laugh every time. President Buffoon trying to be all sophisticated, like a 12 year old sitting at the adult table.

Bishop on November 15, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Yep! That’s it!

R D on November 15, 2009 at 8:53 PM

And aaannnd and Bush (41)did it !

macncheez on November 15, 2009 at 8:19 PM
But he made up for it by barfing on their Prime Minister.

mr.blacksheep on November 15, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Now THAT was negotiating from strength.

Jeff2161 on November 15, 2009 at 8:53 PM

I was kind of looking forward to Gibbs doing a press conference to see how he would explain to reporters that Obama didn’t actually bow.

But no, Axelrod/Emanuel had to go and spoil the fun.

Jay Mac on November 15, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I have concluded definitively this guy has no knowledge of the greatness of America and as such has NO business leading it.

2012 will be ugly for the Obamanites. Until then God help us.

FireBlogger on November 15, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Bishop on November 15, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Bishop:Knowing Obama,he would say Bismarck!!:)

canopfor on November 15, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Hey, he could have given them DVD;s that are only playable on Krypton.

bbz123 on November 15, 2009 at 7:52 PM

What makes you think he didn’t?

uncivilized on November 15, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I think Hotair should have a contest. Next time Obama meets a royal head of state (ROHASH), how many degrees does he bow?

We could have a pool! I know there’re some mathematicians who could calculate the angle, even from an angled photo!

I’ll open with 45 degrees.

GTR640 on November 15, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Bishop on November 15, 2009 at 8:48 PM

As posted above, I didn’t tumble to your idea. Perhaps because it was way too accurate that the bastard would screw up details about American history. More likely the filthy lying coward will ignore the event entirely and opt instead to make some sort of anti-nuke statement at Hiroshima on August 6th 2010 on the 65th anniversary of America’s use of nuclear weapons.

highhopes on November 15, 2009 at 8:55 PM

ha ha ha ha ha

Dave Rywall on November 15, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Japan expert to ABC: Yes, Obama’s bow made him look like an idiot

That’s what it took for this expert to figure out what the rest of us already know?

chickasaw42 on November 15, 2009 at 8:56 PM

His bow was the equivalent of saying “Pletty Preese”.

Dhuka on November 15, 2009 at 8:56 PM

the bow made him look like an idiot because he is an idiot

Willie on November 15, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I’ll open with 45 degrees.

GTR640 on November 15, 2009 at 8:55 PM

We counting the Pope and ring kissing, or not?

highhopes on November 15, 2009 at 8:57 PM

The “kiss a$$” of death!

chickasaw42 on November 15, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Mentioned this on the other thread:

I think this exaggerated bow was very intentional. Obama wanted to make sure it would be noticed and he did it to help mitigate his reflexive, genuinely reverent bow to the Saudi king.

“See guys! I bow to all these king types—not just the Muslim ones!”

It’s possible.

IrishEi on November 15, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Anita Dunn advised him this was the correct posture Giggling, She such an Asian Expert.

Dr Evil on November 15, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Bishop:Knowing Obama,he would say Bismarck!!:)

canopfor on November 15, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I’m going with the USS Monitor.

highhopes on November 15, 2009 at 8:58 PM

MB4 on November 15, 2009 at 8:42 PM

You lost me at Bozo. I like Bozo.

Loxodonta on November 15, 2009 at 8:58 PM

You lost me at Bozo. I like Bozo.

Loxodonta on November 15, 2009 at 8:58 PM

He meant the ears of Dumbo!

chickasaw42 on November 15, 2009 at 8:59 PM

What the Japanese are saying is, “THIS is the guy that we’re depending on to protect us from China and North Korea???? Holy crap!!!”

RBMN on November 15, 2009 at 9:00 PM