Oprah to Palin: Is Levi Johnston invited for Thanksgiving dinner?

posted at 4:10 pm on November 12, 2009 by Allahpundit

Two hors d’oeuvres to whet your appetite for next week’s entree, the first touching on the Katie Couric trainwreck interview and the second on America’s favorite schwanz-flapping teen parasite. She handles the latter question superbly, although I’m not sure how to square her magnanimity here with the statement she released a few weeks ago after Johnston smeared her on CBS. (“Consider the source of the most recent attention-getting lies – those who would sell their body for money reflect a desperate need for attention and are likely to say and do anything for even more attention.”) Johnston himself has a theory:

Levi Johnston, the hunky baby daddy of Sarah Palin’s grandson, called the former vice presidential nominee wise for not trash talking him in her soon-to-be aired interview with Oprah Winfrey.

“She’s being smart,” said Johnston, when a reporter told him last night that Palin didn’t blast him in the interview she taped with Winfrey Wednesday afternoon. “She knows what I got on her. It’s a smart move on her part.”

Should be a fun, festive family get-together. Meanwhile, you’ll be pleased to know that he’s getting parenting advice from a renowned expert in the field. Sounds like it’s already paying off, too.

Watch CBS News Videos Online

Watch CBS News Videos Online

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Sarah won’t be in Alaska for Thanksgiving. She’ll be in Florida on her book tour.

JimAK on November 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Florida?

Thanksgiving with the Rubios!

Sapwolf on November 12, 2009 at 9:21 PM

(And BTW, I’m not saying she should win based on looks. Just commenting on the sad reality of our society.)

Doughboy on November 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Yah, like that healthy cereal that tastes good and the people eating it are talking about the sacrifices they are making.

Sapwolf on November 12, 2009 at 9:23 PM

get your point. I just think that only “two years as governor” is frowned upon by most of these “Obama is God” people, and there seem to be too many to digest. Yeah, he only had two years when he announced his run for president, but I’m just saying you have to look at the attitude of the electorate. Maybe I’m just being pessimistic. As far as going to the U.S. Senate from being governor, several have. Johanns, Voinovich (probably not a good example though), Carper, probably Crist (although there’s no love for him on here much), Kit Bond, Shaheen, etc. I doubt they have presidential ambitions though. I do get your point regardless.

NathanG on November 12, 2009 at 7:00 PM

I’m sorry, I was a tad rough. It’s just one of those deals that truly set me off!

Again, sorry.

The Obama thing won’t wash though, as Sarah had more experience before she was elected as mayor Of Wasilla than Obama has NOW!

It’s kinda hard to criticize anyone after America voted that nimrod in!

The Senate though, is where Governors go to get on the federal slop bucket, and “retire.” It’s a dead end job, if you have higher aspirations. We’ve only elected one Senator as POTUS in the last 50 years, and he is a shining example of why we should never do that again.

There is not a leader in that bunch. Sarah, on the other hand, is a born leader.

gary4205 on November 12, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Good lord Oprah is one fat, ugly cow. Has she added a couple hundred pounds?

metric on November 12, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Boy, Oprah sure got snarly there at the end.

Based on that clip alone I don’t expect this will be the interview that puts to bed any concerns about double standards.

RD on November 13, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Sarah was sincere and gracious in her reply regarding that little Johnston scumbag. Oprah was snarky in hers. No surprise there. Oprah wouldn’t recognize quality and gentility if it bit her; with Sarah it’s inherent.

beachgirlusa on November 13, 2009 at 12:23 AM

That’s a big AMEN, soonerfan(oops, maybe a poor choice of words). I think you’re on the right track espousing AP’s contributions to the success of hotair. To take it a step further, maybe you should consider starting an AP fan club. We can call it “Soldiers of Allah”.

Any takers?

Sweet_Thang on November 12, 2009 at 5:18 PM

If we get cool business blog cards I’m in:

Sapwolf
Hotair.com
Palinista Division
SOA & FOAP (friend of AllahPundit)

Sapwolf on November 13, 2009 at 5:16 AM

Based on what I just saw from Oprah- she’s sitting there as miserable as she can be,wishing Michelle were there so they could make fun of the white girl.

Frances on November 13, 2009 at 5:23 AM

Boy, that Oprah’s one classy broad, eh?/sarc

SuperCool on November 13, 2009 at 6:04 AM

What happened to Oprah? She competing with Glenn Beck in a double-chin contest?

Wade on November 13, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Saw Levi in a commercial last night. Turned the channel before I could see who’s it was. Probably should have toughed it out so I would know who to start boycotting.

MarkTheGreat on November 13, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Oh my. What a horse’s arse. If Oprah spouted such brilliant thoughts like the Thanksgiving question before the Olympic selection committee, no wonder we never had a chance.

olesparkie on November 13, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Man, Sarah should get all she can out of that little sucker. She should ask him to join her in a national Abstinence Program for teenagers. He’s the biggest and best example of why abstinence is the better option. Sarah can turn to Levi and say, “You’ll end up tied for LIFE to your childhood MISTAKES.”

Sultry Beauty on November 13, 2009 at 1:50 PM

This is the Oprah I quite watching years ago. She hasn’t changed one bit.

DanaSmiles on November 13, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Dayum, the good Gov lookin’ hawter than usual.

And that’s pretty hawt!

BlueStateBilly on November 13, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Her hair looks funny. :-)

Abby Adams on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

You must be from the old lady hair school, her hair looks great! The haircut is very in style at this time, and she has nice highlights. She looks very chic!

Susanboo on November 13, 2009 at 2:43 PM

That family doesn’t rest until they get revenge.

Bleeds Blue on November 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Your love for the Clintons, that you stated earlier, has you confused. They are the ones that are vindictive, not the Palins.

Susanboo on November 13, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Her hair looks funny. :-)

Abby Adams on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I agree. The color looks mousey and the layers look too long. I think an auburn color would brighten her up a bit.

artchick on November 13, 2009 at 3:19 PM

I have not seen Oprah in a long time.
Good lord she has packed on the pounds.
You fit about 3 Sarahs into 1 Oprah.

peterargus on November 13, 2009 at 5:15 PM

With all of the money that Levi Johnston is making, I wonder how much he is paying in child support.

Perhaps it’s time that the Palin family lawyer looks into the matter. Levi might begin to grow up if it means money out of his pocket.

Special Forces Grunt on November 13, 2009 at 7:48 PM

I see the ads, but no videos? Is it just me?

ProudPalinFan on November 13, 2009 at 10:33 PM

The Mayans called it I guess…QUE VIVA SARAH!!! There’s your 2012.

ProudPalinFan on November 13, 2009 at 10:39 PM

500 comment thread?

Asher on November 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM
Nah. The under/over should be close to 1000.

Andy in Agoura Hills on November 12, 2009 at 4:17 PM

The only active thread (over 500) at this time is the one about the “0″ neglecting his responsibility to the Constitution as CIC…nuff said…

jerrytbg on November 14, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Sarah has big hair now, and Oprah is still fat. Just thought I’d throw that out there since it’s all about identity politics now.

long_cat on November 14, 2009 at 1:42 AM

I wish Palin and that fat ugly Friend of Barack would both JUST SHUT THE HELL UP! I HATE THE BOTH OF YOU!

BobAnthony on November 14, 2009 at 8:23 AM

I hope Palin answered Oprah: No, we already have our turkey.

profitsbeard on November 14, 2009 at 10:15 AM

We can call it “Soldiers of Allah”.

Any takers?

Sweet_Thang on November 12, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Me me me. I will fight to death, side by side with Sarah.

TheAlamos on November 14, 2009 at 2:19 PM

BobAnthony on November 14, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Will you shut up?

Go to non-Palin thread.

TheAlamos on November 14, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Ah. I like Palin. I haven’t seen proof yet that she’s all the horrible things the Left says.

Oprah is a dirty bitch though. She never fooled me.

Gob on November 14, 2009 at 3:58 PM

long_cat on November 14, 2009 at 1:42 PM

I thought Sarah’s hair was thinning from all the stress in her life.

technopeasant on November 14, 2009 at 4:47 PM