Oprah to Palin: Is Levi Johnston invited for Thanksgiving dinner?

posted at 4:10 pm on November 12, 2009 by Allahpundit

Two hors d’oeuvres to whet your appetite for next week’s entree, the first touching on the Katie Couric trainwreck interview and the second on America’s favorite schwanz-flapping teen parasite. She handles the latter question superbly, although I’m not sure how to square her magnanimity here with the statement she released a few weeks ago after Johnston smeared her on CBS. (“Consider the source of the most recent attention-getting lies – those who would sell their body for money reflect a desperate need for attention and are likely to say and do anything for even more attention.”) Johnston himself has a theory:

Levi Johnston, the hunky baby daddy of Sarah Palin’s grandson, called the former vice presidential nominee wise for not trash talking him in her soon-to-be aired interview with Oprah Winfrey.

“She’s being smart,” said Johnston, when a reporter told him last night that Palin didn’t blast him in the interview she taped with Winfrey Wednesday afternoon. “She knows what I got on her. It’s a smart move on her part.”

Should be a fun, festive family get-together. Meanwhile, you’ll be pleased to know that he’s getting parenting advice from a renowned expert in the field. Sounds like it’s already paying off, too.

Watch CBS News Videos Online

Watch CBS News Videos Online

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

hot

ousoonerfan15 on November 12, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Prediction: Highest rated Oprah show in a decade. And Sarah’s book will remain on the best-seller list until next summer.

Norwegian on November 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM

500 comment thread?

Asher on November 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Does Sarah get to ask Doprah about her epic Olympic fail?

Knucklehead on November 12, 2009 at 4:15 PM

smoking hot

DwnSouthJukin on November 12, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Levi, and Jon are both tools, and users…..and pathetic excuses for men.

capejasmine on November 12, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Did Oprah ask her audience again, “I wonda if white folks gettin’ this?”

Bishop on November 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Allah – I hope you are at least getting a good laugh while you’re being tiresome. Why not just make your usual exit question: Do you think he’d need a food taster?

katiejane on November 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM

She looks great ! Can’t wait for the book.

stenwin77 on November 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM

500 comment thread?

Asher on November 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Nah. The under/over should be close to 1000.

Andy in Agoura Hills on November 12, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Okay, I’ll ask: What’d I do wrong this time? She was asked about Johnston, I gave you the clip of it, and I added some other stuff on the wires today. What crime against conservatism am I guilty of now?

Allahpundit on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Did Oprah ask her audience again, “I wonda if white folks gettin’ this?”

Bishop on November 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Did that bi-atch actually say that? What a racist cow.

Andy in Agoura Hills on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Obama/Palin 2012

faraway on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

i dunno… i don’t like it … Levi is basking in the lib-love of the Pail-haters… and when one of the cute ones (or should I say the cute one) rubs up on him enough to spill his beans re Sarah, then he will..

this is assuming that he actually “has anything on her.”
What is troubling is that I don’t think he’s smart enough to say he has something one her if he doesn’t…

max1 on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Oprah : Will Levi be invited to your house for thanksgiving

Gov Palin : Will you invite Jeremiah Wright to your thanksgiving Oprah ?

macncheez on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on November 12, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I’ll take the under bet

angelwing34215 on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Her hair looks funny. :-)

And I can’t stand Leviwannabefamous. (Just throwing that out there.)

Abby Adams on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

You sooo funny!

Andy in Agoura Hills on November 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM

She’s just puuuuurrrrfection.

Akzed on November 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Sarah won’t be in Alaska for Thanksgiving. She’ll be in Florida on her book tour.

JimAK on November 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM

allah isnt guilty of anything. The palinista’s love all the posts about her.

ousoonerfan15 on November 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Maybe Sarah would be smart, Levi, to send out someone to take a bat to your kneecaps, mafia style, hmmmmm?

NathanG on November 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I’d have to see the entire interview, but she seemed to handle the Levi question pretty well. I’m sure Todd wants to rip his head off though.

And yes, the former Gov is looking smoking hot. You’re telling me if she went out on the campaign trail looking like that, she wouldn’t win the election in a walk?

(And BTW, I’m not saying she should win based on looks. Just commenting on the sad reality of our society.)

Doughboy on November 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Existing.

Darth Executor on November 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I’ll take the under bet

angelwing34215 on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I’ll take the over. BTW, I have about 950 comments to make on this thread. In case you was wonderin’.

Andy in Agoura Hills on November 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Read it and weep my friends. Read it and weep. This woman is special. She will overcome everything they tried to do to keep her down and emerge golden. Who in the GOP field can match her star power? And is it a wonder why the White House is so focused on her like a laser? She is the only person on the GOP side that when put on the same stage with Obama can match and potentially overwhelm his star power.

milemarker2020 on November 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Oprah will definitely get the ratings boost with that pretty lady:)That’s all right Sarah,we’ve all got people like this in our families.Deal with it and go on.

ohiobabe on November 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Keep stuffing that turkey, Levi.

Christien on November 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM

rabble rabble rabble

Joe Caps on November 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM

jeez guys lay off allah. He posts ALOT of good topics on here on a daily basis. Sometimes I dont like everything he posts but he does a GREAT job and because of him and Ed hotair is probably my favorite political blog. You dont want to run off allah. You will miss him when he is gone.

ousoonerfan15 on November 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Wow, Oprah looks like Jabba the Hut. Or does Palin have that effect on all Lib women? Where’s Kathleen Parker when you need her?

Palin should do a full court press on the media and do lots of interviews. Even another one with Couric. The MSM is clueless about how reviled they are. It will make Palin look that much stronger if she does all the interviews, no matter what happens.

EMD on November 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM

max1 on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

He doesn’t control this.

the_nile on November 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

A much better way to handle the Katie Couric interview than past attempts (admittedly, not always by her) to claim that that she’d been sandbagged.

Given the way they went after the brother-in-law-state-trooper, though, I would not drop by for Thanksgiving if I were Levi, despite her welcome. And if I did, I’d have a taster. That family doesn’t rest until they get revenge.

Bleeds Blue on November 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Allahpundit on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

LOL!!! You gotta love this guy…even if you disagree with him.

bridgetown on November 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Not knowing when to stop is what got Levi in trouble in the first place…

d1carter on November 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Oprah to Palin: Is Levi Johnston invited for Thanksgiving dinner?

Palin’s response should have been: ‘Is Stedman your beard, Oprah?’

HornetSting on November 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Just giving him the “time of day”; scads more exposure (pardon the play on words) is sickening. If he had anything on her, we all would have known about it by now. He’s milking it to a fare-thee-well and is getting mighty OLD. He should defecate or get off the pot.

GoldenEagle4444 on November 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on November 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

That does not bode well for me…

angelwing34215 on November 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Okay, I’ll ask: What’d I do wrong this time? She was asked about Johnston, I gave you the clip of it, and I added some other stuff on the wires today unecessary snark

FIFY.

Norwegian on November 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Send Levi hunting with Uncle Dick Cheney…..lol

SDarchitect on November 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Um, yeah about Levi. If someone like him comes to the door to pick up my daughter, the first and last thing I’d say to him: “Remember, whatever you do to my daughter, I’m gonna do to you. Only a 1000 times more.”

He needs to be kicked in the nuts…with steel-toe boots.

Andy in Agoura Hills on November 12, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Bleeds Blue on November 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Much like the Clintons. :) (And by the way, I like the Clintons).

NathanG on November 12, 2009 at 4:24 PM

This is the kid whose mother was arrested on drug charges? He thinks he has something on the Palins. Obviously they are not paying him any protection money (blackmail is illegal) so what does he have? Sarah Palin doesn’t replace the toilet paper roll when it runs out?

Johnston is lucky he is the father of her grandson because that is probably all that is stopping her from squashing him…..would anyone be paying attention to him if he wasn’t the father of Sarah Palin’s grandson? Immature doesn’t even start to cover what’s wrong with this BOY. Does this Kid PAY child support?
Or is he just an opportunistic parasite. He thinks he is what? Calling him unsophisticated would be kind.

Dr Evil on November 12, 2009 at 4:24 PM

It is a pretty safe bet that Levi won’t be accepting any dinner invitations. I thought her response was gracious and unpretentious. She knows he’s going down the slippery slope and still indicated a willingness to help him. This approach is much better than the one AP mentioned above. I hope she maintains it. Pure class.

a capella on November 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

She looks very comfortable…she really does! Great job Cuda!!

deidre on November 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

hey Allah, do you know when the actual interview airs?

therightscoop on November 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

That family doesn’t rest until they get revenge.

Bleeds Blue on November 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Including murder?!?!?! You are one sick mofo.

Andy in Agoura Hills on November 12, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Allahpundit on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Somebody call the Waaambulance.

HornetSting on November 12, 2009 at 4:26 PM

milemarker2020 on November 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Well you have Romney and his hair, and Huckabee and his Squirrel eating-stories, and Pawlenty and his mullet, and…

Never mind.

Norwegian on November 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM

She looks great!

Firebird on November 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Expect something..anything to be dug up or claimed as fact, shortly before the interview. Another baited attempt to smear.
I could be wrong, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Itchee Dryback on November 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I see the greatest depression since the last one hasn’t affected Oprah’s eating habits.

Vigilante on November 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM

You get more pathetic every day, Tollbooth Boy. Out of all the clips from Palin’s interview with Dopeyrah, you choose to post the one in which she’s asked a question about your mancrush Levi Johnston. Not to mention that your quote from him takes up half the article. I live for the day Michelle finally wakes up and fires your worthless ass and you have to go back to that flophouse in the Bowery from whence you came.

Percy_Peabody on November 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM

hey Allah, do you know when the actual interview airs?

therightscoop on November 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Next Monday. Check your local listings as they say.

Next week is all Palin. You’ll think you accidentally flipped over to MSDNC with the amount of facetime she’ll be gteting.

Doughboy on November 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM

therightscoop on November 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I believe it’s Monday. To be TIVO’ed on every TV in the house.

Norwegian on November 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Bleeds Blue on November 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Yeah, tasering a kid and threatening an old man will do that to you. Not to mention his drinking on the job.

rbj on November 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM

What crime against conservatism am I guilty of now?

Allahpundit on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Boy – talk about thin-skin! I’ll make it simple – most of the western world is probably aware of your disdain for Palin. It also seems that you have a radar system for finding every bit of Palin info on the net providing it has some potential for a snark or negative spin.

It just gets old when one of the things we can count on as surely as the sun rising in the East is that HA will have a thread where Palin & her supporters can be attacked. Why don’t you extend the same treatment to Romney, Huckabee, Pawlenty, etc?

katiejane on November 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM

That family doesn’t rest until they get revenge.

Bleeds Blue on November 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Kinda like the Clintons, right, unicorn boy?

HornetSting on November 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

max1 on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM
He doesn’t control this.

the_nile on November 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I think you’re right Nile.. no denial! :)

max1 on November 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Bleeds Blue

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go thru life, son.

JAM on November 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

What crime against conservatism am I guilty of now?

Allahpundit on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

None … keep up the good work and don’t forget the Fancy Feast.

darwin on November 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

haha…

JetBoy on November 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Okay, I’ll ask: What’d I do wrong this time? She was asked about Johnston, I gave you the clip of it, and I added some unecessary snark, which we all love and desire.

FIFY.

Norwegian on November 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM

No, FTFY.

Abby Adams on November 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Itchee Dryback on November 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM

The interview is already done??

Nevermind.

Itchee Dryback on November 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Yes, I’ll set the dvr tonight

I believe it’s Monday. To be TIVO’ed on every TV in the house.

Norwegian on November 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM

therightscoop on November 12, 2009 at 4:30 PM

What crime against conservatism am I guilty of now?

faraway on November 12, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Is it me or has Oprah morphed into Al Sharpton with a bad wig? yikes. She has more chins than a Chinese phone book.

Geochelone on November 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Percy_Peabody on November 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM

A.K.A., the demise of Hot Air.

Abby Adams on November 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM

No wonder the left loathess her, she is gorgeous with a drop dead smile and by now the left assumed she would be looking like an old hag.

Sarah, keep going, you are obviously a winner.

ORconservative on November 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I’ve yet to figure out why people hate Sarah Palin, or for that matter, Barack Obama so much. Sarah Palin, especially, seems to be a warm, decent person. Is she perfect? No. No one is. Levi Johnston needs to go the hell away. Like I said before, get a GED and a college degree. Do something with your life before you become irrelevant and end up working at McDonald’s in Anchorage.

NathanG on November 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM

katiejane on November 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM

In AP’s defense…how exactly is he anti-Palin? Especially in this instance? The Palinistas wonder why some of us find you so…on the edge of sanity sometimes.

Y’all are very interesting in the least.

JetBoy on November 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Oprah: Is that a yes he is coming or a no he’s not….This is why I don’t watch Oprah she got the interview – the get, and she can’t act classy.

Dr Evil on November 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Oprah to Palin: Is Levi Johnston invited for Thanksgiving dinner?

Gov Palin : We did invite him but he wanted to have thanksgiving dinner with Scott Peterson

macncheez on November 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Percy_Peabody on November 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Allah feeds on your tears.

lorien1973 on November 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM

She looks great and I look forward to her inauguration in 2013.

ted c on November 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Wow she looks amazing.

gophergirl on November 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Obama/Palin 2012

Why was that funny? I just shat my pants.

rickyricardo on November 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Geochelone on November 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM

LOL!

Obama-voting women don’t age well. Case in point: Oparah, Maureen Dowd, Kathleen Parker, etc.

Norwegian on November 12, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Does this Kid PAY child support?

no he doesn\’t…he said he\’s going to wait until he files for joint custody of Tripp to address that…he says\’s his boy has everything he needs back at home…food, toys, everything…CLASS ACT.

Liberty 5-3000 on November 12, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Nah. The under/over should be close to 1000.

Andy in Agoura Hills on November 12, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Doubt it. It seems as though he’s about worn out the Palin and Beck post effectiveness. It happens when that’s all you’ve got and your commentary becomes stale and downright stupid. I’ve noticed his comment numbers on these threads has greatly diminished.

Looks like he’ll have to find another conservative to ridicule, but since his ridicule has become so predictable, that may not even work.

MobileVideoEngineer on November 12, 2009 at 4:34 PM

im as big of a Palin fan as anyone. But what did Allah do wrong with this post? Or for that matter any of his recent posts on Palin?? I think he has been doing a great job lately.

ousoonerfan15 on November 12, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Y’all are very interesting in the least.

JetBoy on November 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Says the guy who blows a fuse any time his fanboy John Boehner is critisized.

Norwegian on November 12, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Percy_Peabody on November 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Get over yourself.

terryannonline on November 12, 2009 at 4:35 PM

It will be interesting to see Oprah’s ratings for this one. Hannity will followup on Wednesday and he will also have a big night.

Did we ever find out how much cash she generated for Hoffman?

joedoe on November 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Oprah seemed like a snippy b**** in that interview. Did she ask Obama about Wright or Ayers or his College transcripts?

Daemonocracy on November 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Bleeds Blue on November 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Way to play fast and loose with the facts. Didn’t you just call Hot Air cheap recently for doing much less?

That trooper, the same man who beat his wife and drove drunk, in his cop car, is a man you think should have been able to keep his job?

Esthier on November 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM

JimAK on November 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM

She’ll actually be in Washington with family for Thanksgiving. She’s flying straight there after visiting me (I’ll be seeing her at her Orlando stop.)

Enoxo on November 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Allahpundit on November 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Look on the bright side – You may still have your critics but you scooped everyone (including C4P) on these Palin/Oprah Clips! This is the first I’ve seen these clips today.

A job well Done!!

sarahpalinfan99 on November 12, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Don’t you just hate it when they keep it a secret that Allah is the person posting the thread when you know you can’t stand anything he writes, oh wait…….

Cindy Munford on November 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Percy_Peabody on November 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Good grief. Have you ever considered just reading blogs you like?

Bugler on November 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM

ousoonerfan15 on November 12, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Some of the palin people are as bad as our liberal trolls. They cannot take any criticism seriously.

lorien1973 on November 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Says the guy who blows a fuse any time his fanboy John Boehner is critisized.

Norwegian on November 12, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Not really. I simply ask questions and defend Boehner’s conservative street cred and accomplishments. I don’t go all ballistic over the slightest bit of criticism…

I mean, come on!

JetBoy on November 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM

I like Palin… I hate her fans…

ninjapirate on November 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM

O/T
Don’t forget Nov 14th Tea party’s against Amnesty and Illegal Immigration. You can find a party near you with this map here: http://www.againstamnesty.com/

Bulldogger on November 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM

terryannonline

Back at you, sweet cheeks.

Percy_Peabody on November 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Kathleen Parker had better not let her husband see this interview. Palin looks great.

yogi41 on November 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Percy_Peabody on November 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Step away from the computer and get some fresh air. Take a deep breath, relax and come to the realization that whatever it is that has you this worked up is not very important. How do people like you generate such an intense anger for Allahpundit from this simple blog post? So weird.

Zetterson on November 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM

lol only an opportunistic attention whore like Johnston would interpret Palin not taking the opportunity to take a swipe at him when asked about him in an interview as a sign that she is afraid of what he might reveal in retaliation. No I get the impression that Palin sees Levi as a minor irritation at best and going forward her response to his attention seeking antics will probably be similarly low key. This is because providing a low key limited response to his BS is the best way to deny him what he is after, which is media attention garnered by creating a public spectacle between him and the Palins. If his Palin baiting doesn’t get the desired response the media will get bored with him real quick and find some other way to go after Palin instead.

Hellrider on November 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Enoxo on November 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM

MSM: Palin yells “Bunk!” after seeing Enoxo.

lorien1973 on November 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Her reaction to the question about Levi Johnston indicates that her heart is in the right place. His reply indicates that he has nothing but hard feelings. It’s too bad for his child. Even if he has some kind of damning information (seriously doubtful) it seems to me he has nothing to gain but revenge……….because she asked him to cut his hair? It’s really sad that this very immature person doesn’t know a good thing when he sees it, and that is the opportunity to reconcile with the family for the benefit of his son. I just hope he doesn’t start getting involved in drugs, if he hasn’t already, because in that event he’ll never grow up and the child will suffer greatly. I hope he does the right thing and tries to reconcile. Sounds like that’s what she genuinely wants for her grandson.

Looking forward to the full interview.

gocatholic on November 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM