Uh-oh: Jon Stewart catches Fox News’ creative editing

posted at 2:55 pm on November 11, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Had CNN spliced footage of a sparsely-attended Capitol Hill rally to discredit the reports of large numbers of attendees to the 9/12 rally in September, conservatives would have rightly howled about media bias. What will conservatives say about Fox News splicing footage of the 9/12 rally into coverage of Michele Bachmann’s otherwise well-attended rally last week? Jon Stewart gives Fox News a well-deserved poke in the eye for fudging the footage, as well as exposing rather clearly its source:

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c
Sean Hannity Uses Glenn Beck’s Protest Footage
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political Humor Health Care Crisis

The irony of this is that Fox didn’t need to do anything of the sort. Whether one accepts the Washington Post’s estimates of crowd size (10,000 people) or those of the organizers (25,000-40,000), the weekday rally drew an impressive number of people. Many people had to miss a few days of work to attend it. Here in Minnesota, people paid their own travel costs to go by bus to DC and back, which ate up three days of travel. And the rally did its job in attracting media attention and focus on the ire of Americans opposed to another massive expansion of government.

Fox didn’t do us any favors in using rather easily-exposed editing tricks to make the already-impressive showing look better. It did a disservice to Rep. Bachmann in this instance. Let’s stick to the facts — they speak well enough as they are, and besides, that’s what a news organization should do. (via Jazz Shaw)

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

johnnynucleo on November 11, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Why? Because I’m getting somewhere, using libs’ words against them? Calling them on their stuff?

Why should I stop?

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 6:57 PM

This is a pathetic discussion topic. I asked a family member who works for a cable network if it is possible this was accidental and he said yes. Someone in production probably just grabbed the DC videos and ran with them. It happens alot actually…on all the networks. Most of the time they’re not caught or are insignificant. Print media often publishes the wrong photos, and radio often runs the wrong interview portions. Doesn’t make it right, but doesn’t mean it was necessarily meant to deceive. It just shows carelessness.

And who the hell cares what Stewart thinks anyway?

Deanna on November 11, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Why should I stop?

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Yep, Liam. You’re WINNING!!! No doubt about it! Maybe your mom can hold a Mission Accomplished banner while you bask in your glory!

simplesimon on November 11, 2009 at 7:01 PM

It’s illogical and tiresome. If your decision tree says a particular individual always possess all characteristics of all other members of the group of which the individual is a member, well, uh . . . And if you’re trying to prove a point, the horse died long ago.

johnnynucleo on November 11, 2009 at 7:03 PM

simplesimon on November 11, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Oh, please keep going off on my mom who; like I said earlier, is in a late stage of senility.

Keep going, lib. Show me and the rest of us your relentless compassion against those who are ailing while trying to get at me.

More, more, more! I’m using you already against other libs, using you as their standard. Keep on keeping on, here! Give me and the rest of us MORE of you!

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 7:05 PM

johnnynucleo on November 11, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I’m using the same logic as libs. Curious–you ‘tire’ of me but never once have you risen up against other libs.

Which means…

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 7:07 PM

oh good grief! nevermind
so they are saying he took footage form the 912 day and made it look like last week?

ginaswo on November 11, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Which means…

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Further evidence that senility is hereditary.

simplesimon on November 11, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Airtight logic once again. Damn. Feel like I’m being schooled by Socrates.

johnnynucleo on November 11, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Lou Dobbs to Quit CNN

J_Crater on November 11, 2009 at 7:10 PM

The Race Card on November 11, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Look, let’s make this really simple. Do you mean to tell me that it’s impossible to pull the wrong footage for a news program? You know, like when they’re doing a story on bears but the footage is of kids lining up to get shots? I’ve seen it happen many times. But hey, using your argument, the only explanation I can come up with is that they were paranormal events that never, ever happen under normal circumstances.

Buy Danish on November 11, 2009 at 7:10 PM

I’m not out to win a thing, simon. You are, however.

I wish only to show you off, show you out, so all your other lib friends see you. And for everyone else to hold them in the same you choose to cast.

Just calling you out as you are. Evil of me? Maybe.

Am I being unfair to other libs here? Sure.

But you’re a lib. They’re libs. You’re not a nice person.

Logically, all libs aren’t nice people, using YOU as the standard.

Consider me a friend. I’m giving you more than just 15 minutes of fame. I’m trying to make you timeless!

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Stop making such a big deal over this. It was embarrassing and shouldn’t have happened. Embarrassing is usually funny (see, e.g., AFV). Hannity apologizes on air and this goes away in 48 hours. Sheez.

johnnynucleo on November 11, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Further evidence that senility is hereditary.

simplesimon on November 11, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Thank you again for caring about a helpless ailing old woman!

Liberal ‘concern’ in action once more!

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Liam’s illogical. Liam’s a HotAir poster. Ergo, all HotAir posters are illogical. Or is it that all illogical people are HotAir posters?

Please stop it.

johnnynucleo on November 11, 2009 at 7:16 PM

johnnynucleo on November 11, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Now you see why I went the way I did.

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 7:17 PM

johnnynucleo on November 11, 2009 at 7:16 PM

If that’s what you believe, I’m all for it. I’m comfortable with you having your own beliefs.

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 7:18 PM

I watched this live on C=Span and there was a large crowd at Bachmann’s rally. Why would they do this?

becki51758 on November 11, 2009 at 7:19 PM

I was there on Capitol Hill last Thursday. Hannity screwed up. It’s not the first time and it won’t be the last time. It’s time for Mark Levin to spank Hannity’s ass.

BottomLine5 on November 11, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Anyone else think that Liam’s mom is really a lot like Norman Bates’ mom?

simplesimon on November 11, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Liam, be a smart fish . . .

johnnynucleo on November 11, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I watched live coverage of the House Call rally event on CSPAN. Huge crowds were there in the thousands (or tens of thousands even). Even MSNBC acknowledged the size of the crowds.

No matter how the Stewart or the other libs spin this – House Call was a success especially with such short notice and on a weekday. Remember, Pelosi barely rammed Obama/Pelosi Death care thru (220 for vs. 215 against with a bunch of Dems voting No and 1 turncoat Rep voting Yes (Cao)). I’d say many in the House heard the House Call.

Sean will say there was a mix up with the tape. The other Fox shows like Greta and BOR had the right footage from what I recall. So Hannity and his crew are not perfect. Case closed.

sarahpalinfan99 on November 11, 2009 at 7:21 PM

johnnynucleo on November 11, 2009 at 7:16 PM

BTW, what I posted was logical. However, it was a syllogism.

I’m going to use all simon’s words against all other liberals who post here. It’s a tactic.

Yes, I’m being unfair. But since work that way, it’s fair to fight like they do.

simon spoke as he truly feels, despite his claims.

Condemn me all you like for using his own ways against him. At least, unlike simon and other libs, I’m not making things up.

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Lighten up. It was kind of funny. And it shows why it’s a good idea to question the source and credibility of all news (or quasi-news).

johnnynucleo on November 11, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Anyone else think that Liam’s mom is really a lot like Norman Bates’ mom?

simplesimon on November 11, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Thank you for that display! I’m going to use you against all the other libs who post here. That comment is timeless for me, it tells of all you libs in your fullest.

I’m sure all the other libs who post here are just going to luuuuuv you for being compared to you.

More, more, more! Gimme more of you!

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Anyone else think that Liam’s mom is really a lot like Norman Bates’ mom?

simplesimon on November 11, 2009 at 7:21 PM

You are putrid and pathetic, you know that? Axelrod really needs to advertise for a better class of troll.

SagebrushPuppet on November 11, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Simon just set the hook. Late.

johnnynucleo on November 11, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I see. So Fox replaced a really huge crowd scene with a really huge crowd scene. Those sneaky bastards. Clearly Hannity wanted to hide the fact that there was a really huge crowd, so he tried to fool us into thinking it was actually a really huge crowd. It’s so brilliant! And so devious. Good catch, Jon.

Ronnie on November 11, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Reminds me a bit of when Fox News did this, which was arguably worse and almost impossible to have been an accident:

This afternoon, Fox News’s Martha MacCallum introduced a segment highlighting Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Christina Romer’s claim yesterday that the “fundamentals of the economy are sound.” “After weeks of economic doom and gloom, the Obama administration is now singing a slightly different tune,” MacCallum said.

She then played clips of Romer and other administration officials making seemingly positive comments about the current state of the economy. One of the clips was of Vice President Biden saying, “The fundamentals of the economy are strong!” After the segment, MacCallum said, “All right, well the mantra for the weekend is clear, looking at what was said over the course of the shows on Sunday.”

But the clip of Biden seemingly making a recent remark about the strength of the economy is grossly inaccurate. The Biden statement was actually from last September — during the presidential campaign — when he was quoting Sen. John McCain (R-AZ).

YYZ on November 11, 2009 at 7:34 PM

SagebrushPuppet on November 11, 2009 at 7:29 PM

You sound upset. I’m going to declare Mission Accomplished! on that one.

simplesimon on November 11, 2009 at 7:39 PM

I don’t have any problem saying that I think this was stupid of Fox if it was intentional, and stupid if it was accidental. It was just stupid. But see, that’s why I don’t watch any news at all unless there’s something huge going down – CSPAN works for me when Congress is doing their thing, I guess, and I otherwise get my news online or on radio. If I watch CNN or MSNBC, I get angry, and if I watch Fox, I get disappointed. Who needs that kind of stress?

OH, except for Red Eye. But then I watch that on YouTube.

Animator Girl on November 11, 2009 at 7:40 PM

SagebrushPuppet on November 11, 2009 at 7:29 PM

You sound upset. I’m going to declare Mission Accomplished! on that one.

simplesimon on November 11, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Like I have said all along, the libs who post here don’t seek to change minds, They want only to go to sleep feeling like they ‘won’ something.

Truth is inimical to them, genuine values get in their way.

simon is proving my case for me, which I’ll use against other liberals. I’ll use his name to slander them, devalue them, as he wishes. simon seeks to destroy, so, I’ll make him a pariah among his other libs. Already I’m catching lib grief for invoking his name, and those libs are trying to distance themselves. Too bad for them. They are getting hurt because of simon.

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 7:45 PM

As I mentioned earlier, I was at last Thursday’s rally and what struck me odd was the noticeable lack of the press. I saw no reporters in the crowd interviewing people and all cameras I saw were the small, hand-held ones that any “civilian” may have. I personally think they were covert, hoping to get footage of protesters saying something racist or violent to use against them. Since that never happened all they can do is downplay the number of protesters.

Of course, if it was a rally in support of government-controlled healthcare, they would have claimed a million people were there.

AaronGuzman on November 11, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Since that never happened all they can do is downplay the number of protesters.

Maybe most of the MSM, but not Fox News.

YYZ on November 11, 2009 at 7:50 PM

SagebrushPuppet on November 11, 2009 at 7:29 PM

You sound upset. I’m going to declare Mission Accomplished! on that one.

simplesimon on November 11, 2009 at 7:39 PM

It took you 10 whole minutes to come up with that nonsensical reply? Get back to us when you graduate from reform school, lamebrain.

SagebrushPuppet on November 11, 2009 at 7:55 PM

RINO in Name Only on November 11, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Oh, it was all sarcasm! You know–illustrating absurdity by being absurd.

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Yeah, I should have gotten that. I got your point, but you did it so well, I thought maybe you had really been blinded with rage at the hypocrisy of the left and had decided to embrace the madness and step into the abyss. Wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened here.

RINO in Name Only on November 11, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Not unlike many professions these days, the art and integrity of being an editor is in the chitter.

Griz on November 11, 2009 at 8:02 PM

The funny part of it is that the topic was being impressed by the size of the crowd. That’s where Hannity jumped the shark. LOL*

You can’t make a story out of size and then show fake photos, for gosh sakes.

AnninCA on November 11, 2009 at 8:05 PM

AnninCA on November 11, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Hi, princess!

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Ed, I don’t care. So the Fox employee was lazy or hacking Fox. Who cares?

Did Jon Stewart rip on CNN for doing a FACT check on Saturday night live but no other Obama speech? He, Jon, is irrelevant.

Did he rip on other media for not correcting the Rush allegations of racism quickly? He, Jon, is irrelevant.

After his views drink their beers and have sex then they’ll forget about this one and move on to a new joke.

They are shallow, Jon included.

I was in DC that day of Bachmann’s rally. I took time off of work, here in Maryland. I’ve seen crowds of 5k and 100k (football). I suppose there could have been 50k like the Wall Street Journal spokes person estimated.

I also heard a Staffer or a unknown liberal Rep himself say that they’ve never seen anything like it; when referring to the crowds at 2pm that lined up around the LongHouse, Common, Rayburn buildings.

These self important people had to wait in long lines to get into their offices.

It was a great event; Jon Stewart well he is predictable and irrelevant to me.

father on November 11, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Hi, princess!

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 8:07 PM

You must be pooped from all that debating over there. :)

AnninCA on November 11, 2009 at 8:09 PM

RINO in Name Only on November 11, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I’m more than furious, but I’m trying to use it in a new way. Just a tactic, mind you.

My rages goes against all libs with all fury and venom, but I love the conservatives who post here. They mean much to me.

Believe it or not, I am tempering my fury. I’m just going going to let libs get away with their shtick any more.

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 8:10 PM

They had the wrong video for a Frank Lutz segment that same night or the next day. Seems like a new producer was hired and is not doing so well.

The silver lining is that Stewart’s audience got to see the size of the crowds for two rallies that they would not have seen otherwise.

nemo239 on November 11, 2009 at 8:11 PM

AnninCA on November 11, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Not by a long shot, hon. I’m still full of piss and vinegar; I’m constant as the Northern Star.

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 8:12 PM

That is a real reach and not worth a whole story. I’m sure this will be all over the place. I’m pretty pissed that so many people think the worst.

tomas on November 11, 2009 at 8:12 PM

tomas on November 11, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Palin stuck her foot in her mouth, too, about the coin deal.

AnninCA on November 11, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Buy Danish on November 11, 2009 at 7:10 PM

You know that’s not what I’m saying. That’s probably why you’ve changed your assertion.

“Tape” and “footage” are not the same thing. Your shift in language here makes a difference in this discussion. I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you meant “footage” all along.

As part of the editing process one is required to archive your clips with which you will assemble your final cut into one working project. This is essentially the first step. Once done there is no need to grab a tape, unless new footage is being added.

At some point, this package was put together incorrectly. Somebody either did this on purpose or is terribly incompetent. Hannity’s show, Hannity’s presence notwithstanding, is one of the best produced cable newstalk shows. I don’t believe he has one incompetent person working for him.

Apparently you do.

The Race Card on November 11, 2009 at 8:18 PM

This all goes back to how you teabaggers feel a need to lie about your silly little marches. Ok, only 70k showed up on 9/12

simplesimon on November 11, 2009 at 6:43 PM

It really looked like it was 2 million……9/12 was great!!!

dec5 on November 11, 2009 at 8:20 PM

I find it hard to believe that you have worked in t.v. production and never saw the wrong tape get pulled.

Do you mean to tell me that you don’t know the differnce?

The Race Card on November 11, 2009 at 8:21 PM

YYZ on November 11, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 8:10 PM

I know, but maybe its good to reserve the rage for the hard left. Squishy people in the center, center-right, and center-left can be annoying in the political sense, but they often don’t display anywhere near the maliciousness that comes from the extreme lefties, and particularly, the blogging left.

Maybe the fact that a lot of my family is fairly liberal is making me soft.

RINO in Name Only on November 11, 2009 at 8:24 PM

The Race Card on November 11, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Prick.

The Race Card on November 11, 2009 at 8:27 PM

RINO in Name Only on November 11, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I’m equal-opportunity. I’ll attack a moderate soon as I’ll launch against a die-hard lib.

And people say I’m ‘unfair’…

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Approvals are made in the editing room. It’s easy peasy. And the editor knows exactly what he or she is cutting in and why.

AnninCA on November 11, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Self-inflicted…the worst kind of injury.

This kind of nonsense makes it a lot tougher to call out the bias in the rest of the media.

Asher on November 11, 2009 at 8:53 PM

No excuse for that kind of BS.

There needs to be a new FoxNews.

WisCon on November 11, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Instead of being insulting please address the idea of “pulling a wrong tape” specifically. How exactly would that explain what happened here?

How it could have happened is quite simple. Segment producer tells video editor that they need :45 or b-roll of the rally in Washington D.C. Now, all this footage is NOT on tape anymore. It’s ingested into a video server and exists only in a digital format. Editor does a quick search for “Washington D.C. Protest”. Up comes several hundred clips of various events in Washington. Search narrows to “tea party” and editor chooses clips that they think look the best. Only, they don’t know or notice they came from 2 seperate rallys.

Something else to ponder is that the editor probably doesn’t work only on “Hannity”. They are also editing for the rest of the day’s broadcast. In news video editing, speed comes first, then accuracy (unless something is found to be wrong, then the suits will say that accuracy should come first).

I’ve only been in broadcast television since 1984, so I do have a clue on what may have happened.

NCJeff on November 11, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I keep thinking back to when CNN had a shot of Dick Cheney on the air and all of a sudden a big red X appeared over his face. Everyone was up in arms about CNN then. Only, that big red X was a cue point on a tape (yes, they were still on tape at the time) for some animation that was coming up and got accidently keyed over the on-air video.

Mistakes like that happen all of the time and 99% of the time the home audience doesn’t notice.

NCJeff on November 11, 2009 at 9:29 PM

YYZ on November 11, 2009 at 8:24 PM

What about the lies about Rush?

What about the Mohammeed Cartoons?

This video edit clip is small potatoes.

Teen-y Tiny Fox News making a mistakes versus ABC, cBS, NBC, NPR, NYTimes, WPost, etc making mistakes and sometimes not correcting the record.

But yes, everyone that listens to the Daily Show that I know are morons that drink poison and care more about sex for pleasure (than for parenthood) than who is in power in the Congress — HOW OBAMA GOT ELECTED .COM

HOW OBAMA GOT ELECTED .COM

HOW OBAMA GOT ELECTED .COM

HOW OBAMA GOT ELECTED .COM

father on November 11, 2009 at 9:38 PM

AaronGuzman on November 11, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I was there too. The only press I saw was a guy from a satellite station and a Spanish channel news crew. I think the media has found protestors like us don’t make good TV because we don’t act like the one group of young kids I saw roaming around doing their best to disrupt a peaceful protest and try to provoke people. Man, if we Tea Party people would just through a sense of class out the window we could be all over TV. Nah, not worth it.

truetexan on November 11, 2009 at 9:43 PM

i saw that video and thought the same thing.

dumb.

ted c on November 11, 2009 at 9:54 PM

The Race Card on November 11, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Oh please!. Tape. Footage. Whatever. You could not be more disingenuous to now claim that the whole discussion rests on this technicality. It’s like scolding someone for calling a CD and “album” and pretending it’s an “AHA!” moment.

Buy Danish on November 11, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Hannity just acknowledged and apologized for the clip, said it was inadvertent.

John the Libertarian on November 11, 2009 at 10:00 PM

“inadvertent mistake”

yea ok sean.

triple on November 11, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Hannity just closed his show noting Stewart caught the mistake, it was a mistake, it was an inadvertant mistake and he regrets it and he thanked them for watching.

KittyLowrey on November 11, 2009 at 10:00 PM

a mistake, how do you take footage from 3 months ago and call it a mistake. The misstated the amount of people there by 30K people, and accidently put the wrong footage up.

Give me a break, it was a outright lie

damian1967 on November 11, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Anyone else think that Liam’s mom is really a lot like Norman Bates’ mom?

simplesimon on November 11, 2009 at 7:21 PM

1. You’re an a$$

2. How did the video change any facts?

3. How many letters have you written to msnbc demanding that Olby stop using answers from guests on Fox without giving us the question for context… or for hiding the fact that the guy who brought the gun to the town hall was black?

mankai on November 11, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Simple, Simple, Simple, you are an indeed an ass. Didn’t your yankee folks teach you any manners? You don’t respect elders and you insult poor folks who live in trailers. You say you are a democrat but you seem to act like a true leftist with no tolerance of other view points. As mentioned before usually poor folks live in trailers and your party supposedly loves and supports the poor folks and I still can’t figure out why you make fun of people residing in trailers. Ive asked you before but I guess you can’t come up with answers but only insults to others.

garydt on November 11, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Ed, do you really believe the intent here was to make a large crowd look marginally larger? And if so, why would you compare that to an attempt by CNN to willfully discredit the rally?

And why make this a hot topic when the real story is the press covering for a treasonous jihadist terrorist in the military? That’s the real act of deception… and far more dangerous to the nation.

Idiots like simpleton, et al, are finding glory over an insignificant file tape mistake as they ignore the enemy within… and keeping this thread alive only serves the Left’s purpose in sidetracking the nation.

mankai on November 11, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Dear FOX News: if it was a mistake, then you have every right to be embarrassed. Get your act together. If it was purposeful, thanks for making it that much harder to defend you. Frustrates me either way.

princetrumpet on November 11, 2009 at 10:16 PM

The fact that a program on the news side spliced a completely out-of-context and old quote from Joe Biden into a piece about the Obama administration a few months ago makes me suspicious that this was an accident.

YYZ on November 11, 2009 at 10:22 PM

This reminds me of the not so distant past when all the libs were running around spouting fake quotes attributed to Limbaugh, most after he had adamantly said he never said them. Maybe Sean should apologise for this stupid tape mix up the same way Rick Sanchez apologised for his continual character assassignation. Go on Twitter and say “My bad.” Seems that is all thats called for.

di butler on November 11, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Ed, this is a disgusting post. Jon LIEbovitz has as little credibility as simplesimone the stupid troll poster. You houl be ashamed of yourself.

bill30097 on November 11, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Meh.

When they get to the point of putting ‘booster charges’ in gas tanks, call me back.

CPT. Charles on November 11, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Quick question Mr. “I’m not even a real journalist” Stewart:
Where were you with the slice and dice alphabet channels’ coverage of Ft. Hood, 9/12, 7/4, 4/15, or any interview of Sarah Palin?
HMMMMMMM?

Fox has 40 years of twisted eyed view coverage to make up for, cut ‘em some slack would ya?

Blacksmith8 on November 11, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Geez doesn’t anybody on here ever watch the news carefully? Everyday at some broadcast station or network there are incorrect reports or video. Yes it happens all the time. Perhaps not so often on network shows but it does happen. In this case someone obviously didn’t catch the fact that there were two separate DC videos or clips.
Check out…NCJeff on November 11, 2009 at 9:26 PM for the most logical explanation for this.
I mean come on folks, why would Hannity’s crew deliberately do something so stupid and risk being caught on it? They certainly don’t need that kind of publicity. This is a tempest in a teacup and not worth this long of a thread.

Deanna on November 11, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Let not your heart be troubled!

blatantblue on November 11, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I’m still disgusted at the headline. ‘Jon Stewart discovered…’

The dude showed up in 2″ lifts with a decaf soy latte and read the copy.

daesleeper on November 11, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Jon Liebovitz almost had my respect when he chastised the MSM for ignoring the Acorn story, but he just LOST my respect with this crap.

long_cat on November 11, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I think Ed drank the Stewart koolaid. So Fox ran tapes of both events. Big deal.

Connie on November 11, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Hannity should have a co-host for his 9 PM program, and who better than Judge Napolitano?

The Dean on November 11, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Seriously. Why is this a story? Seriously?

Fed45 on November 11, 2009 at 11:48 PM

The Race Card on November 11, 2009 at 8:21 PM

P****.

The Race Card on November 11, 2009 at 8:27 PM

The “P” word is like the “C” word. Classy people don’t use either.

Connie on November 11, 2009 at 11:57 PM

I think all the Hot Air regulars need to intervene with Lippy Liam and tell him to stop embarrassing himself. I mean, he’s…embarrassing.

Grow Fins on November 11, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Ed, the trolls are taking over your site. It’s becoming unreadable.

Just as well, since I can’t keep the browser windows open half the time anyway. It’s gotten to the point where the browser crashes all the time, ever since you did the site upgrade. Now all I get are pop-up ads and other crap, or else half the ad panels time out with “The page cannot be displayed” errors, etc.

WTF is going on?

RD on November 12, 2009 at 12:26 AM

News would be if Fox News did NOT doctor their so called “news”.

Decider on November 12, 2009 at 12:50 AM

What about CNN showing fake videos from Pally-wood? What about those fake dead bodies from Pally-wood? Ambulances that would show up 1 second after a person was shot?

The Israeli intelligence showed a video of a dead body fall down from the casket, stand up and walk.

This here my friends is a non-story.

father on November 12, 2009 at 12:59 AM

News would be if Fox News did NOT doctor their so called “news”.

Decider on November 12, 2009 at 12:50 AM

You don’t don’t know that was deliberate and neither does anyone else. Both tea party organizations were awesome. Bachman’s as well with only a week’s notice.

Connie on November 12, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Apparently Hannity isn’t going to address it. He must have decided not to acknowledge is easier with Stewart.

AnninCA on November 12, 2009 at 1:05 AM

This isn’t helping.

Neither does blogger ego.

Connie on November 12, 2009 at 1:06 AM

Connie on November 12, 2009 at 1:02 AM

This is not an isolated event. Hannity does it on a daily basis but other Fox News show do it as well. Earlier Hannity spliced a Obama speech and then ridiculed him for not including text that he spliced.

Decider on November 12, 2009 at 1:08 AM

Who
Cares?

Stupid inside baseball cr*p

Apologetic California on November 12, 2009 at 1:08 AM

Yet another Faux(News) pas.

disillusioned on November 12, 2009 at 1:09 AM

Decider on November 12, 2009 at 1:08 AM

You wouldn’t have the Daily Show if that’s objectionable to you. That’s Jon Stewart’s schtick–taking things out of context.

Apologetic California on November 12, 2009 at 1:12 AM

To quote House (or not) Everybody splices. However, youtube doesn’t lie. The numbers were there for both events. And for the record, I turn Fox off at 7 p.m.

Connie on November 12, 2009 at 1:13 AM

Apologetic California on November 12, 2009 at 1:12 AM

It is called “The Daily Show”. Not the Daily “News”. In this case nothing is out of context. Hannity does this thing all the time. He does it even more on his radio show.

I would have no problem with Fox “News” if they remove the “News” from their name. They are certainly not a “News” organization. They are merely a propaganda outlet for the GOP.

Fox “News” is little more than the political equivalent of a 24/7 “Sham Wow” infomercial.

Decider on November 12, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Another example of Fox “News”.

It is simple. Remove the “News” from their name and all will be ok.

Decider on November 12, 2009 at 1:27 AM

That’s really kind of um…hilarious. You missed Skinner tonight, obviously.

Connie on November 12, 2009 at 1:33 AM