Pelosi: ObamaCare is our Christmas present to America

posted at 7:06 pm on November 11, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via Greg Hengler, this is like “borrowing” a friend’s credit card, buying a car with it, then presenting them with the car on Christmas morning as their “gift.” Nor is it the first time that a prominent Democrat’s imagined your tax dollars as her personal Christmas club account: Remember Hillary’s disgusting holiday ad during the Democratic primaries?

Where do we go to return our “gift,” incidentally? From the new AP poll:

ap-hc

Support is down to 41.8 percent in Mark Blumenthal’s poll of polls, too. Follow the link and check out how Obama’s “bent the curve.” Hey Nancy — guess what you’re getting for Christmas next year.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

justltl on November 11, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Excellent PS Work, Thanks!

SouperConservative on November 11, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Verrry interesting. Good find & correlation.

LegendHasIt on November 12, 2009 at 12:00 AM

But the way I read the chart is that total support is gaining while total opposition is going down.

That’s not good, is it?

PattyJ on November 12, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Can I have a stocking full of coal instead?

At least i can burn that for some warmth.

Pelosi is both like the grim spirit of Jacob Marley, swaddling us in chains, and the Ghost of Christmas Future…pointing at the graveyard of the American Dream based on Life, Liberty, and the pursuit (not guarantee) of Happiness.

Mortgaging everyone’s children’s and grandchildren’s tomorrows to buy herself and her cronies mere power for today.

profitsbeard on November 12, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Actually, I believe it is more like borrowing your friend’s credit card, buying a new Mercedes, and giving him your old Pacer with a bow on top. I mean, if he really wanted a new car, he could have gotten one himself.

gobblemom on November 12, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Great, now she’s ruining Christmas too…

drewwerd on November 12, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Bella Piglosi can shove her unconstitutional healthcare bill where the son doesn’t shine.

nelsonknows on November 12, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Bella Piglosi is like syphilis…the gift that keeps giving.

nelsonknows on November 12, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Notice how the word “Chrissstmasss” just rolls over her serpentine-like tongue.

long_cat on November 12, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Can I have a stocking full of coal instead?

At least i can burn that for some warmth.

profitsbeard on November 12, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Rather, Pelosi is the spitting replica of that character in the Addams Family, the lady in pastels who married Fester for his, uhh, money and then tried to electrocute the Addams Family in their attic.

Seriously, that’s Nancy.

Lourdes on November 12, 2009 at 6:00 AM

^^ “Debbie Jellinsky” — that’s Nancy!

Addams Family Values (1993)
Debbie Jellinsky: [meeting Gomez] Isn’t he a lady killer!
Gomez: Acquitted.

Debbie Jellinsky: These Addams men, where do you find them?
Morticia: It has to be damp.

Debbie Jellinsky: I don’t wanna hurt anybody. I don’t enjoy hurting anybody. I don’t like guns, or bombs, or electric chairs. But sometimes people just won’t listen. And so I have to use persuasion – and slides.
[Showing slide pictures]
Debbie Jellinsky: My parents, Sharon and Dave. Generous, doting, or were they? All I ever wanted was a Ballerina Barbie. In her pretty pink tutu. My Birthday. I was 10, and do you know what they got me? *Malibu* Barbie.
Morticia: Malibu Barbie.
Gomez: The nightmare.
Morticia: The nerve.
Debbie Jellinsky: That’s not what I wanted! That’s not who I was. I was a Ballerina, graceful, delicate! They had to go.
[the next slide shot shows a burning house]

Debbie Jellinsky: Would you die for me?
Uncle Fester: Yes.
Debbie Jellinsky: Promise?

Debbie Jellinsky: [to Fester and Thing] I’ll get you – and your little hand, too!

Debbie Jellinsky: I just can’t tell, does he like me at all?
Morticia: Of course he does. He vomited.
Debbie Jellinsky: That’s true. Does he always do that with women he likes?
Morticia: Oh, no. Just you.

Debbie Jellinsky: You know, when I first saw him, I thought he was from Europe.
Uncle Fester: You did?
Debbie Jellinsky: It’s true.
Uncle Fester: But, I took a bath.

Debbie Jellinsky: I’ll be leaving the country very shortly.
Ticket Agent: Will you be traveling alone?
Debbie Jellinsky: Yes, I’ll be a widow.

Morticia: [confronting Debbie in her house] You have gone too far. You have married Fester, you have destroyed his spirit, you have taken him from us. All that I could forgive. But Debbie…
Debbie Jellinsky: What?
Morticia: …pastels?

[Grandma waves a skull at Debbie]
Grandma: Luxor, nexor, burst and BURN!
Debbie Jellinsky: What is she doing?
Grandma: Just a curse. Have a nice day.
[air kiss]

Margaret Addams: What.
Debbie Jellinsky: Oh, I didn’t say anything.
Margaret Addams: No, that’s the baby’s nickname. “What.”

Debbie Jellinsky: FREEZE!
Uncle Fester: Pookie?
Debbie Jellinsky: I tried to make it look like an accident. I tried to give you some dignity. But oh no, not you.
Uncle Fester: What are you saying?
Debbie Jellinsky: I’m saying I want you dead and I want your money.
Uncle Fester: But… but… don’t you love me?
Debbie Jellinsky: AH HA HA HA!
Uncle Fester: Is that a no?

Uncle Fester: I’m her husband.
Debbie Jellinsky: Fester!
Uncle Fester: Gimme a kiss.
Debbie Jellinsky: Gimme a twenty.

Debbie Jellinsky: And I dreamed that when I met him that we would wait until our wedding night to give ourselves to one another, to make the ultimate sacrifice.
Uncle Fester: A goat?

Debbie Jellinsky: But with your looks, your charm… women must follow you everywhere!
Uncle Fester: Store detectives.

Uncle Fester: [as they are getting married, Fester tearfully recites his vows] I, Fester Addams, do hereby declare my un-ending love.
[sobbing]
Uncle Fester: I will worship you forever. I will devote my every waking moment to your happiness alone.
[openly sobbing]
Uncle Fester: Henceforth, I am your eternal and helpless slave.
Debbie Jellinsky: [near indifferent] Nice.
[to Cousin Itt, who acts as minister]
Debbie Jellinsky: Ditto.

[after Fester walks off the plane, with leis around his neck, he approaches Debbie]
Debbie Jellinsky: Fester?
Uncle Fester: Uh-huh?
Debbie Jellinsky: We may be together for a while.
Uncle Fester: All our lives, cara mia.
Debbie Jellinsky: What?
Uncle Fester: Mon cher.
Debbie Jellinsky: Speak english.
Uncle Fester: Pumpkin?
Debbie Jellinsky: And if I have to be seen with you, we need to make some changes.
Uncle Fester: Changes?

Debbie Jellinsky: My first husband, the heart surgeon. All day long, coronaries, transplants.
Grandma: What about your needs?
Debbie Jellinsky: “Sorry about dinner, Deb. The Pope has a cold.”
[the next slide shows a shadow of an axe on the wall heading towards the Surgeon]
Grandma: An axe! That takes me back.

Debbie Jellinsky: Husband number two. The senator. He loved his state, he loved his country!
Grandma: What about Debbie?
Debbie Jellinsky: “Sorry Debbie, no Mercedes this year. We have to set an example.” Oh yeah? Set this!
[the next slide shows car headlights heading towards the Senator in panic]

Debbie Jellinsky: My latest husband, my late husband, Fester.
Uncle Fester: The fool.
Debbie Jellinsky: The corpse. And his adorable family. You took me in, you accepted me, but did any of you love me? Really love me?
Gomez: Hands!
[the Addams family, all strapped into their electric chairs, are unable to raise their hands]

Debbie Jellinsky: So I-I killed. So I maimed. So I destroyed one innocent life after another. Aren’t I a human being? Don’t I yearn, and ache, and shop? Don’t I deserve love… and jewelry?

Debbie Jellinsky: Good-bye everybody! Wish me luck!
The Addams Family: Good luck!

Morticia: Thing, stop that.
Gomez: He likes you.
Debbie Jellinsky: I’m good with my hands.

Morticia: Good night, Debbie.
Debbie Jellinsky: Good night.
Morticia: Scream if you need anything.

Debbie Jellinsky: [to Pubert] Hold still you little brat!
Wednesday: He’s not a brat.
Debbie Jellinsky: Of course not. He’s an adorable little baby?
Wednesday: Fine. Rub it in!

Lourdes on November 12, 2009 at 6:05 AM

Notice how the word “Chrissstmasss” just rolls over her serpentine-like tongue.

long_cat on November 12, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Pelosi and Barry share that hissing-s’s speech…

Lourdes on November 12, 2009 at 6:09 AM

Does it come w/ a receipt so I can return it?

Rattl3r on November 12, 2009 at 6:48 AM

If this is a Christmas present, Santa deserves a huge beat down.

jimmy2shoes on November 12, 2009 at 7:10 AM

Christmas present? I’m sure that the abortion, euthanasia and end of life consulticide that’s to end up in it, might not exactly honor Christ on His birthday, Nancy. Being a Swiss cheese type of Catholic, makes moral judgement so hard.

Don L on November 12, 2009 at 8:08 AM

For we seniors in need, Nancy, it’s a present bought on the

Layaway Plan!

Don L on November 12, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Thanks nancy! Can I spread that out into 12 monthly payments of an additional $300 out of my family’s pocket?

Socialist Mrs Santa

marklmail on November 12, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Oh, P.S. 41.8% support is for people who HAVE NO CLUE WHAT’S IN THE BILL! If they asked them “do you support healthcare reform that will raise your taxes, increase your healthcare costs, etc etc etc, support wouldn’t crack 30%. What a colossal fraud.

marklmail on November 12, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Can I have a stocking full of coal instead?

At least i can burn that for some warmth.

Dont forget to buy your carbon offset – http://www.carbonfund.org/

Happy Holidays!

TheVer on November 12, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Bella Piglosi is like syphilis…the gift that keeps giving.

nelsonknows on November 12, 2009 at 2:37 AM

syphilis does cause brain damage if left untreated.

poppieseeds on November 12, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Thanks so much Nancy. Next year we will have an early Christmas present for the Democrats.

huckleberryfriend on November 12, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Yeah, thanks frauline. While you’re at it can you force Geico to cover brake pads and tire changes?

mike_NC9 on November 12, 2009 at 9:26 AM

AP, shouldn’t that be “Merry Effing Christmas”?

Tennman on November 12, 2009 at 9:26 AM

GO TO JAIL IF I DON’T BUY HEALTH INSURANCE????? Are you E’fing kidding me? And they keep giving us that b*llsh*t line about mandatory auto insurance. How many people living in Manhattan who don’t have cars still buy auto insurance? How many ranchers in Texas who don’t have cars because they go everywhere on horse still buy auto insurance? How many people who only operate their motor vehicles on their own private property even bother registering their cars, let alone buy auto insurance? Why aren’t there voices out there sinking that stupid argument?

olesparkie on November 12, 2009 at 10:24 AM

You have to read her response to the question about where the Constitution delegates power to force Americans to buy health insurance. Then.. if you’re pissed off.. and you should be… go donate to a Republican who will oppose her in 2010.

popularpeoplesfront on November 12, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Merry Fuckin’ Christmas to you, too, Nancy! Maybe next November the American people will have a “present” for you! But, since it’s San Francisco, I don’t hold out much hope you’ll be voted out.

NavyMustang on November 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Christmas present?
Guess that leaves out the Jews, Muslims, Buddists, and atheists. I thought the use of the term “Christmas” was not PC? “Stretch” you’re a total LOSER, and a moron to boot, not to mention a full blown hypocrite! Don’t defile our Christmas by uttering the word!

hopefloats on November 12, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I TRIPLE dog dare you Pelosi!!

SmallGovtGuy on November 12, 2009 at 10:43 AM

olesparkie on November 12, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Car insurance is for protecting property. Other people’s property. Nan’s stupid “health care for all” crap doesn’t fit into this equation. It’s a stupid argument that only feeble minded people buy into.

long_cat on November 12, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Can I opt for the “Lump of Coal” instead?

mojo on November 12, 2009 at 10:54 AM

NavyMustang on November 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM

All I can add is. A F*ckingMen

ColdWarrior57 on November 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM

This is so confusing. A democrat recognizing Christmas. Doesn’t Peloser know that Christmas is a Christian holiday and that is a taboo for the dims. She really meant a holiday gift unless she is being hypocritical to use the term Christmas that she has supported to abolish. Another clear example of liberalism being a mental disorder. Lies and deception come so naturally to a lib.

volsense on November 12, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Notice how the word “Chrissstmasss” just rolls over her serpentine-like tongue.

long_cat on November 12, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Naturally, she and Obama both speak Parseltongue.

kasubo on November 12, 2009 at 11:12 AM

It’s like having Santa hold you down and cut off a leg in August, then give back a shoddily-wrapped, rotting foot in December! (The thigh and calf, of course, were used to feed the elves.) How did you come to be so selfless, Nancy, you magnificent, psychopathic monster?

Blacklake on November 12, 2009 at 11:25 AM

GO TO JAIL IF I DON’T BUY HEALTH INSURANCE

This is the biggest clue to even the most feeble minded. If this were a decent plan that would do good, they wouldn’t have to threaten people to get them to buy into it. Do you do jail time if you don’t buy a car or a cell phone or the internet? Nope, billion dollar businesses all get their money voluntarily.

Oh, FYI, the auto insurance argument also doesn’t wash. Owning a car is voluntary, making the insurance that goes along with it only manditory if you voluntarily purchase a vehicle. The insurance covers the equipment and damages sustained as a result of said equipment whether it be body or property. You want to make the auto insurance argument, you should liken it to inertia insurance, which would cover damages caused by any form of motion activity sustained by the human body. As far as I know people aren’t required to have insurance should they bump into one another when moving about.

Just like income tax, this will be the chain to indentured servatude to the government powers that be.

wordsmithy2009 on November 12, 2009 at 11:35 AM

What’s for Easter?
Public Crucifixions

Kini on November 12, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Thanks Sweetheart! Make sure you enclose a gift receipt, too, just in case I have to return it.

Proud Texan on November 12, 2009 at 11:48 AM

HA!

‘Present’ for Christmas – my ass.

You can return or even refuse ‘presents’.

Just try and return or refuse this one.

It will only cost you $250,000 and 5-years in prison!

While honestly good people and true heros are dying every day…

Hagatha Pelosi lives on!

SilverStar830 on November 12, 2009 at 11:50 AM

How in the world can thinking people support the government taking over health care? They screw up everything elso.

Any time people are spending other peoples money, they don’t care as much as if it was theirs.

saiga on November 12, 2009 at 12:07 PM

I can see it now. Fire roaring in the fireplace, Christmas tree ablaze in brilliant multi-colored lights. Stocking straining from all the little knick-knack gifts, Mom and Dad in their robes, and little Johnny(or Jenny) ripping off the wrapping paper of the largest gift in the room. And as little Johnny finally rips off that one piece that lets him know what the gift is, he goes into a fit. Not a fit like these kids:

But a fit more like when you lose your job, the mortgage is due, your teen just wrecked the new minivan, your credit cards are maxed, and your wife is pregnant.

TQM38a on November 12, 2009 at 12:08 PM

NO NANCY.. It’s freaking JOBS we want… My husband is in construction, the developement side, it’s been a HARD year..
This womand is NUTS..

reshas1 on November 12, 2009 at 12:14 PM

I hope it comes with a gift receipt, because I already know this is not I wanted for Christmas

ConservativePartyNow on November 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM

I hate to say it but Pelosi’s true Christmas gift may have been her getting the actual vote come hell or highwater on Healthcare (not to mention Cap and Tax). NOw as the economy and jobs worsen and Indies are fleeing the left in droves, the House vote on healthcare and the one on Cap and Tax have proven where the Dems stand. They can no longer hide and it is too late for them to have a change of heart based on the reality of the economy. They will have to defend their votes in an increasingly hostile environment. Then if things stall in the Senate, they did it for nothing. Twisting in the wind. Thanks Nancy!

txmomof6 on November 12, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I would rather have coal in my stocking! Billions of metric tons of coal!

kens on November 12, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Kinda like when a phisher maxes out your credit cards to buy a Maserati. Or something like that.

I dunno. I’m not fluent in Idiotese.

mojo on November 12, 2009 at 5:11 PM

HO ! HO ! HO !!!!

RightXBrigade on November 12, 2009 at 5:46 PM

I’d rather have a lump of coal…

crazywater on November 12, 2009 at 6:44 PM

SHE IS A DOG TURD!!!

jgdp on November 12, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Well she does kind of resemble the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, what with the black hood and the scythe and the skeletal children under her cloak, and so forth.

Ted Torgerson on November 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Nancy Pelosi: I’m confident, I’m hopeful that we will have a bill as a Christmas present to the American people.

This bill would be akin to a gift wrapped turd.

Nancy Pelosi = The Stench Who Stole Christmas.

ReagansRight on November 12, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Lube up and bend over…it’s Christmas!

Army Brat on November 13, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Save the receipt, it’s going back.

SuperCool on November 13, 2009 at 2:14 AM

more like a steamer in my mailbox

jacker on November 13, 2009 at 10:54 AM