Quotes of the day

posted at 10:34 pm on November 10, 2009 by Allahpundit

“The recent attack on the military base in Texas warns that if the occupation policy of the American rulers continues in this way, without them folding the carpets of occupation and transgression in Afghanistan and Iraq, it is natural then that incidents and attacks similar to Texas will spread to the Pentagon and other American military centres.

“According to media reports, the hero of the attack is a Muslim psychiatrist and major in the American army, of Palestinian origin.”

***
“The conversation in the first few days after the massacre was well intentioned, but it suggested a willful flight from reality. It ignored the fact that the war narrative of the struggle against Islam is the central feature of American foreign policy. It ignored the fact that this narrative can be embraced by a self-radicalizing individual in the U.S. as much as by groups in Tehran, Gaza or Kandahar.

“It denied, before the evidence was in, the possibility of evil.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

In front of me, the words I jotted dotted down as Obama spoke. “incomprehensible” I was appalled. It is not incomprehensible to those of us who have studied Islam. As far as O’Reilly is concerned, I sent him an email 2 or 3 years ago and asked him to not comment on Islam until he actually knew something about it. He is still in semi-apologist mode, but seems to have begun study. (Or maybe it’s just his reaction to ratings – idk).

Connie on November 11, 2009 at 12:37 AM

What ya lookin to buy? I’d love to find my 1st real ride- 70′ GTO 400 auto!

dmann on November 11, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Thumbs up!! One of the first cars I ever drove with real power! Totally awesome car!!

Dire Straits on November 11, 2009 at 12:37 AM

HondaV65 on November 11, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Yes, I know the tactic. I find it strange, really. I mean, why not stand to what you are if your way is so good?

I’m a conservative and a Constructionist, plus a Bible-thuper. I make no bones about any of it. If I ever have to face a firing squad for it, I’ll laugh at my killers. I don’t understand why liberals can’t do the same.

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 12:39 AM

scratch “dotted” puhlease…

Connie on November 11, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Please give me another chance.

Baxter Greene on November 11, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Baxter Greene: From Gone with the Wind,the line!!

Tomorrow will be another day!!haha:)

canopfor on November 11, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Corrected

In front of me, the words I jotted down as Obama spoke. “incomprehensible” I was appalled. It is not incomprehensible to those of us who have studied Islam. As far as O’Reilly is concerned, I sent him an email 2 or 3 years ago and asked him to not comment on Islam until he actually knew something about it. He is still in semi-apologist mode, but seems to have begun study. (Or maybe it’s just his reaction to ratings – idk).

Connie on November 11, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Connie on November 11, 2009 at 12:41 AM

canopfor on November 11, 2009 at 12:19 AM
What ya lookin to buy? I’d love to find my 1st real ride- 70′ GTO 400 auto!

dmann on November 11, 2009 at 12:35 AM

dmann: Sweet,at 18,I owned a 69 Chevelle SS,396/4spd!!:)

canopfor on November 11, 2009 at 12:41 AM

have found a way to free-base their KOOL-AID!
=:)

canopfor on November 11, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Well I can’t say to much there.

In high school we would have to cut our coke with kool-aid sometimes if we ran out of baby powder.

Okay…okay just kidding.

I would actually breath a sigh of relief if the ignorance I hear out of the Olberman/Pelosi crowd could be blamed on drugs.
Unfortunately it seems more cult like to me.

Just a bunch of sheep in THE PEOPLE’S TEMPLE OF OBAMA.

Baxter Greene on November 11, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Baxter Greene: From Gone with the Wind,the line!!

Tomorrow will be another day!!haha:)

canopfor on November 11, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Your right.
Time to go to bed and get ready for it.

Later.

Baxter Greene on November 11, 2009 at 12:43 AM

canopfor on November 10, 2009 at 11:06 PM

I was thinking along these lines this morning. According to the DHS definition of who is most likely to be a domestic terrorist, the victims at Ft Hood were the bad guys.

WTF happened to our country??

TugboatPhil on November 11, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Later.

Baxter Greene on November 11, 2009 at 12:43 AM

Baxter Greene: Sweet dreams,Ièm off as well,nite everyone:)

canopfor on November 11, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Baxter Greene
Homeland is not a term I like. Try Our Country or Our Republic I would pay more attention.

Get my drift?

seesalrun on November 11, 2009 at 12:46 AM

What really pisses me off is how detached Obama is.

He’s practically defended this muslim creep.

Kini on November 10, 2009 at 10:38 PM

It’s his brother in arms. He will defend him by dumbing down the conversation unsing adjectives that create the image of horror but never dare call it what is was. He will wait for another crisis to divert attention…unless it causes too much of a controversy that drags on.

katy on November 11, 2009 at 12:46 AM

What we have seen tonight is libs trying a new thing: playing at being conservatives. They think it’s neat and cool, but in reality some of them are hiding themselves.

So much for strength of conviction, huh?

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 12:47 AM

dmann: Sweet,at 18,I owned a 69 Chevelle SS,396/4spd!!:)

canopfor on November 11, 2009 at 12:41 AM

You still have it?…Or is it totaled like my Brother/mine 1970.:(

Dire Straits on November 11, 2009 at 12:48 AM

katy on November 11, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Actually, hon, Obama won’t use any crisis that doesn’t work in his favor. This midnight horror at Ft. Hood doesn’t work for him, he can’t use it to fullness about himself. Hence, the FBI/MSM spin that it’s not ‘a serious matter’.

We know the game. But let’s watch how the Demlibs harm themselves over it.

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 12:51 AM

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 12:51 AM

If we don’t keep these poor souls memory alive, the left will drop it down the memory hole asap. And the next time something like this happens it will be at a church or a mall. Then a sporting event or somewhere families and neighbors will be destoyed in everyway.
The libs will harm themselves indeed but in that process more and more innocents will be killed and mamed.

katy on November 11, 2009 at 12:57 AM

katy on November 11, 2009 at 12:57 AM

Like you, I won’t be forgetting a thing. I’m going to use the truth against libs anywhere, every time, and any place I can.

After tonight against simplesimon, I consider myself at war.

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Here in the Beantown area, local radio host and pseudo conservative Jay Severin was moved to tears and called noBamas speech magnificent, so much so he suggested we reset our opinoins of the one based on this speech …..please….yet another NY pretender lets the mask slip!

dmann on November 11, 2009 at 1:06 AM

Dire Straits on November 11, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Don’t we all wish, could have retired off an original!

dmann on November 11, 2009 at 1:09 AM

dmann on November 11, 2009 at 1:06 AM

I didn’t hear the speech and, after simplesimon here tonight, I won’t bother. I’m going to be an unfair prig like all libs are.

Obama can’t match Reagan, and that’s all I need to believe.

I’ll NEVER reset my opinion of Obama and Dems. They locked in my view and that’s never going to change.

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 1:09 AM

Liam on November 11, 2009 at 1:09 AM

Roger that……..

dmann on November 11, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Don’t we all wish, could have retired off an original!

dmann on November 11, 2009 at 1:09 AM

+ 100. Privileged to have lived in the great era of “muscle cars”.

Dire Straits on November 11, 2009 at 1:26 AM

katy on November 11, 2009 at 12:57 AM

Concealed carry.

Johan Klaus on November 11, 2009 at 1:34 AM

As long as people continue to embrace PC behavior, Jihad and other extremists will prevail. The idiocy of political etiquette is killing us.

anXdem on November 10, 2009 at 10:42 PM

This is why bin-Laden, Al-Qaeda, terrorists, et.al., are able to carry out these attacks. They know we are weak and take full advantage of it.

Fed45 on November 11, 2009 at 1:40 AM

I have seen nothing to indicate that he belonged to any break-away muslim sect.

MB4 on November 10, 2009 at 11:05 PM

What the hell is a “break-away muslim sect”? As far as I understand Islam, according to the Koran either you follow it 100%, or you are an infidel. I didn’t think there were different flavors of Islam, like there is Christianity.

Fed45 on November 11, 2009 at 1:47 AM

It wasn’t the reaction of a morally or politically serious nation.

It is strange how childish trying to be mature can become isn’t it? I mean I think people like Chris Matthews think that their brains are fully mature and altruistic. But in reality they are simply dismiss good and strive to make bad things seem good.

They have gotten so used to “thinking outside the box” That they have forgotten there was a box in the first place for a reason. It was a useful box. Even thinking outside of it just isn’t possible unless there was a box to begin with.

The box is common sense. And thinking outside of it is stupid.

petunia on November 11, 2009 at 1:50 AM

anXdem on November 10, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Fed45 on November 11, 2009 at 1:40 AM

I don’t disagree. But are we now going to start calling people racial names and such? I am a bit curious to see where the end of PC leads. I hope it is a good place.

It is time for a new way of thinking. I just hope it isn’t the same old way that made PC necessary in the first place.

petunia on November 11, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Funny stuff from Iowahawk about Hasan media spin.

Geochelone on November 11, 2009 at 2:28 AM

The problem at Ft Hood is that only the cops were armed and Hassan walked in and opened up on a concentrated crowd of unarmed Soldiers.

HondaV65 on November 10, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Exactly. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. The bizzare thing was that he was shooting unarmed marines when they should be allowed to carry side arms or something.

BTW, what exactly did Ronald Reagan do when our Marines were killed in Lebanon?

Terrye on November 10, 2009 at 11:30 PM

The Reagan response to the killing of our Marines was the right thing to do.

However, the attack on our Marines in Lebanon was preventable. A navy Seal named Richard Marcinko was tasked twith finding security weaknesses at the American Embassy.

One vulnerabilty that was obvious to Richard Marcinko was the ease with which a truck bomb could drive right up to the front door and detonate, leveling the place.

Knowing that most truck bombs come with a backup radio detonator in the event the driver got cold feet at the moment of truth, Marcinko’s team requested that some Navy engineers create a “black box” that could transmit a spectrum of radio frequencies simultaneously.

The teacm tested the device by driving to the area in Beirut where the PLO was headquartered under the pretense of covering the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The area was well-known as a bomb-makers’s hideout so if they were lucky they might pass one with a radio detonator; so they cruised around with the black box in the car, silently broadcasting radio signals until BOOOOMMMM!!!!!! A tremendous explosion destroyed the side of a building two blocks away. It worked.

When they advised the American Ambassador to install the Black Box on the roof of the embassy, the Ambassador refused to install the device claiming if it set off a truck bomb down the street that might kill innocent Lebanese civilians. Sure enough, the embassy was leveled by a truck bomb weeks later, killing scores of Americans.

It was bureaucratic idiocy that allowed terrorists to attack the marines and allowed Nidal Hassan to stay in the military when it was clear that he was a terrorist threat.

Alleged Shooter Had “Unexplained Connections” to Others Besides Jihadist Cleric Awlaki
By MARTHA RADDATZ, BRIAN ROSS, MARY-ROSE ABRAHAM, and REHAB EL-BURI
Nov. 10, 2009

A senior government official tells ABC News that investigators have found that alleged Fort Hood shooter Nidal Malik Hasan had “more unexplained connections to people being tracked by the FBI” than just radical cleric Anwar al Awlaki. The official declined to name the individuals but Congressional sources said their names and countries of origin were likely to emerge soon.

Baxter Greene on November 10, 2009 at 11:50 PM

That is certainly frightening news.

I haven’t seen anybody raise this issue on any of the discussions on Hot Air about the Fort Hood shooting and so I’ll ask it here:

Is there a real possibility of terrorists trying to infiltrate our military and intelligence agencies? Are they at least trying to get Muslims to become turncoats and kill soldiers from the inside?

Conservative Samizdat on November 11, 2009 at 3:37 AM

Conservative Samizdat on November 11, 2009 at 3:37 AM

We don’t have enough killings by muslim soldiers to draw that conclusion. Yet

macncheez on November 11, 2009 at 4:05 AM

Ahem… your CINC is a muslim… I would say that your military was penetrated, not infiltrated.

Rookie on November 11, 2009 at 5:05 AM

canopfor on November 10, 2009 at 11:06 PM

WTF happened to our country??

TugboatPhil on November 11, 2009 at 12:46 AM

TugboatPhil:

Heres what happened,US Forces were gunned down by a Terrorist,all the facts prove beyond a shadow of
doubt that Hasan is a Muslim Jihady!!

This is more than a Terrorist ACT,Jihadys had inflitrated
a US base,on Obamas watch,this was a delibert sneak attack,
it is a PEARL HARBOUR like feel to it!!!

And like Pearl,this Hasan incident had alarm bells ringing
with a nine alarm fire,there should be investigations up the
wazoo and Liberals better pray that they don’t have any pol
itical fingerprints on this SNAFU!!(Sarc):)

canopfor on November 11, 2009 at 6:26 AM

Brooks referenced the “well intended” rush to drown the facts with more PC, the very force that not only allowed but caused the massacre at Ft. Hood.

“The U.S. Army has to have zero tolerance. He should have been gone,” said Lieberman, who is chairman of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.

In interviews Sunday, Army Chief of Staff Gen. George Casey stressed that it was too early in the investigation to know whether these warnings signs could have spared the lives of the 13 killed, dismissing earlier reports about such signs as “speculation” based on anecdotes. “I don’t want to say that we missed it,” he said.

Casey’s scrambling the news in order to cover HIS OWN ASS. These reports about Hasan likely reached Casey who then refused to acknowledge the facts exactly as he is refusing to acknowledge the facts today. Casey is promoting PC treachery, and is actively pursuing our nation’s vulnerability rather than protecting the nation from enemies.

We are diverse. PC does not “make” us diverse. PC makes us vulnerable to our enemies. PC is the national emergency.

maverick muse on November 11, 2009 at 6:49 AM

Here ya go, take it for what it is worth..

TEXASLEGAL on November 11, 2009 at 7:04 AM

PC is a tool by the progressives to curtail free speech. It sets the discussion up on their terms.

Ed Laskie on November 11, 2009 at 7:13 AM

BTW, what exactly did Ronald Reagan do when our Marines were killed in Lebanon?

Terrye on November 10, 2009 at 11:30 PM

The Reagan response to the killing of our Marines was the right thing to do.

I did not say it was the wrong thing to do…my point is that when Reagan was president these kinds of attacks were happening. Some people have this annoying habit of acting as if history began with Bush. It did not. When Reagan was president, there was amnesty, a recession, a farm crisis, attacks on our troops my Islamic fanatics and Iran/Contra. None of these issues that Bush or even Obama face are brand spanking new.

Terrye on November 11, 2009 at 7:14 AM

dmann on November 11, 2009 at 1:06 AM

I will never understand how people can base their opinions on a politician based solely on a speech. Any gifted speaker can give a great speech.

Terrye on November 11, 2009 at 7:21 AM

maverick muse on November 11, 2009 at 6:49 AM

maverick muse: And I bet,standing in the way of this *ssine
pc, is Holder!

Obama’s number 1 priority of protecting
Americans,left or right should be his first
plan of action,and not this fabricated back
lash that the Leftys are conjuring up!!!

All US Bases should be on high alert,untill
the possible threat subsides!!:)

canopfor on November 11, 2009 at 7:31 AM

Produce the source that called for two states in 1917.

And if you can – I’ll thank you for further proving my point to you that Bush didn’t “invent” the concept of a Palestinian State.

Produce the source.

HondaV65 on November 11, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Good Lord Honda, I am on your side. Of course Bush did not invent the idea. It goes way back to when Wilson was president and the British were cutting up the region etc. That was when the Jews began buying land from Arabs and turning it into something useful. Look it up. There were commissions and studies and international agreements and all sorts of things concerning the region.

Terrye on November 11, 2009 at 7:32 AM

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the declaration regarding the relationship between the Dominions and Great Britain, see Balfour Declaration of 1926.
Arthur James Balfour.

The Balfour Declaration of 1917 (dated 2 November 1917) was a formal statement of policy by the British government stating that

“His Majesty’s government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavors to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.”[1]

I know it is just wikipedia but it gives an overview. If the Palestinians and Arabs had wanted a state of their own they could have pursued it then, but their desire was always the destruction of the Jews, not peaceful coexistence.

Terrye on November 11, 2009 at 7:37 AM

Was I imagining things but does Bill O’Reilly think that we are trying to secure peace in the Middle East because “we can’t kill all the Muslims.” Did he say that? Did I dream that? Did that actually happen?

Proud Rino on November 11, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Mayor Daley (of Chicago, home of our President) says all this occurs because of America’s love of guns.

well, hellfire, he might be right. Disarm the military, I say! Send them into battle with no training & no weapons.

MORON. Hey Chicao people–rise up against this idjit!

kelley in virginia on November 11, 2009 at 7:44 AM

The Obama administration tries to ignore the fact that the US is officially at war in two Muslim countries, fighting Muslims and, yes, there could be Muslims that want to bring the war to the US.

This ignoring problems or areas of concern is a signature of the Obama administration. The theory being if it is not discussed and affirmed (in the MSM), it is not happening.

albill on November 11, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Baxter Greene

Get my drift?

seesalrun on November 11, 2009 at 12:46 AM

doriangrey on November 11, 2009 at 7:53 AM

You can’t be serious about Bin Laden’s family. They were the only flight allowed after 9/11.

FactsofLife on November 10, 2009 at 11:51 PM

What a pile of utter crap. The only ones that still try and make that debunked and silly claim are some 911 truthers.
Are you one of those fossils?

Itchee Dryback on November 11, 2009 at 7:56 AM

I think the morons in the WH, MSM, leftists in general are failing to understand about all this PC crap is that, I think it actually creates more of a backlash than if they didn’t try to cover up what is really happening. In a way, Bush started all this crap when he said that Islam was a peaceful religion and we weren’t attacking the religion, only the extremists and terrorists. They refuse to prosecute these bastards and call it what it is because they are afraid they will lose a few votes.

Sporty1946 on November 11, 2009 at 7:58 AM

Produce the source that called for two states in 1917.

Produce the source.

HondaV65 on November 11, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Terrye on November 11, 2009 at 7:32 AM

There is one major mistake that is being made here. The Balfour declaration called for a state for Arabs (not Palestinians) and Jews.
There never was an indigenous Palestinian people that lived in their own country. The current Palestinians are the descendants of people that fled Israel during the war of Independence in 1948 due to the request of the Arab leaders so that the land would be only Jews who the attacking Arab hordes could wipe out with impunity. They were never repatriated into Arab countries because the Arabs wanted to use them as a political football which they have done quite succesfully.
The whole concept of giving a separate land to people that never had it is a recent invention.

FactsofLife on November 11, 2009 at 8:10 AM

But to call this an act of terrorism, the White House would need an autographed photo of Osama bin Laden helping Hasan buy weapons in downtown Killeen, Texas. Even that might not suffice.

J_Crater on November 11, 2009 at 8:11 AM

FactsofLife on November 11, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Actually, Jordan accepted them as refugees but soon kicked them out because they caused a lot of trouble there. They were, I believe, nomads that nobody wanted because they were troublemakers and thieves. Kind of like gypsies.

Sporty1946 on November 11, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Bush and especially Cheney fought the war that needed to be fought and understood that we have an enemy that we have to defeat. Bush did not go far enough. By calling it a war on terror and not a war on Radical Islam he brought the focus off of the enemy.
The current administration has taken us back to the days before 9/11 and with the new restrictions on interrogation and the current attitudes, we are far less prepared than even the 9/10 days.

FactsofLife on November 11, 2009 at 8:26 AM

What really pisses me off is how detached Obama is.
Kini on November 10, 2009 at 10:38 PM

OBAMA=ROBOT

Nalea on November 11, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Interesting side argument(s) going on here. I think the two state solution argument needs an interjection of sorts. It is true that President Bush was the first POTUS to call for a two state solution. That was the original claim. After it was backed up by a Karen Hughes statement, the counter then quietly shifted to how he wasn’t the first person to call for a two state solution. That is disingenuous and I’m surprised no one caught it.

However, that also is in no way indicative of PC motivations in itself. There are/were strategic implications to consider.

anuts on November 11, 2009 at 8:57 AM

anuts,
What were the strategic considerations that would trump a united front on the war on terror?

FactsofLife on November 11, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Concealed carry.

Johan Klaus on November 11, 2009 at 1:34 AM

indeed!

katy on November 11, 2009 at 9:28 AM

The chronology speaks for itself. Bush and Laura were comforting famiiies in person the following day. Where was Michele “Support Military Families” Obama?

Yeah Obama gave a good speech, but Ralph is right: we have to cut the PC BS and Obama doesn’t have it in him.

the_souse on November 11, 2009 at 9:39 AM

It sounds as though Lt. Col. Peters is a little bit…how do you say….PISSED!

PappaMac on November 11, 2009 at 9:41 AM

The PC BS has over the years, watered down every
aspect of this great country. What a shame.
Let’s change the rules for everyone for a small minority
that can’t cope with anything. How so few have been
able to steer this country astray is amazing.

elderberry on November 11, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Baxter Greene

Get my drift?

seesalrun on November 11, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Yup, Homeland has always bothered me as well, reminds me way to much of the National Socialist Workers Parties constant references to the Motherland…

doriangrey on November 11, 2009 at 7:53 AM

I never stated the word “homeland” in any of my posts.

Baxter Greene on November 11, 2009 at 10:15 AM

“At some point you just gotta knock off the B.S.” Well put, Colonel Peters.

Log on November 10, 2009 at 10:54 PM

I am adding this to my list of great military phrases which right now consists of “Don’t get stuck on stupid.”

scrubjay on November 11, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Fed45 on November 11, 2009 at 1:47 AM

The Ahmadiyya is one example of a break away Muslim sect.

Conservative Samizdat on November 11, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I like what Krauthammer said…I’m paraphrasing…People are worried about a backlash against muslims, but there has been none. The only backlash has come from muslims themselves towards Americans.SouthernGent on November 10, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Very true. I recall shortly after 9/11 there was one incident where some poor chap was killed but he was Hindu (or Sikh?). The idiots who did it saw a turban and that was it. To me, it is remarkable how little backlash there has been in the last 8 years to Muslim Americans and just goes to show what a great country the U.S. is!So, please stop killing us! There is a breaking point at which there will be a serious backlash. Yeah, yeah, I know; that’s what they want so they can have their Armageddon and then they will rule the world! I say bool-sheet. We will just have to beat you down… yet again.

yubley on November 11, 2009 at 11:43 AM

The Ahmadiyya is one example of a break away Muslim sect.

Conservative Samizdat on November 11, 2009 at 11:00 AM

If attempting to use Mormons in their description, the more analogous example would be “The Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints”–those guys broke off from the LDS Church. They are not recognized by the LDS Church. Are the Ahmdiyya recognized by Islam? Me thinks Muslims would consider them infidels. Either you follow the teachings of Islam 100%, or your don’t. I don’t think true Muslims abide by cafeteria worshiping of Islam. Which is why you don’t many imans coming to the defense of these terrorist acts in the name of Allah.

Fed45 on November 11, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Terrye on November 11, 2009 at 7:14 AM

You’re right. We have Carter to thank.

Fed45 on November 11, 2009 at 12:03 PM

We don’t have enough killings by muslim soldiers to draw that conclusion. Yet

macncheez on November 11, 2009 at 4:05 AM

What number would be the tipping point?

Fed45 on November 11, 2009 at 12:04 PM

FactsofLife on November 11, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Poorly worded on my part. I said to consider meaning there could be strategic implications. It wasn’t meant for me to say I know for a fact that this was the case. But a strategy similar to Israel leaving all settlements in Gaza. Upon doing such there was no justifications (however falsely they were to begin with) whatsoever that the world could point to minimize the blame on the Palestinian terror attacks into Israel proper. They would be literally on their own. That would be casus belli for Israel to defend herself against another sovereign nation’s obvious aggression.

anuts on November 11, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Fed45 on November 11, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Good point. Your description is absolutely correct.

All I’m saying is that there are Muslim sects out there. And the Ahmdiyya are viewed as infidels for their beliefs.

The problem is that fundamentalist extremists, sponsored by Islamic states, have been given power to the hardliners to determine what is “true” Islamic practices and what is not. But for state sponsored terror and fundamentalism, Islam might be different.

Conservative Samizdat on November 11, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I would have less problem with accepting that Muslem terrorists were a small fringe element of Islam if the great masses of “moderate” Muslems rose up and denounced this behavior as totally unacceptable, as an abberation and affront to Islam and actively participated in routing out the offenders. But all we get is silence or excuses.

katiejane on November 11, 2009 at 1:22 PM

oops – Muslem = Muslim

katiejane on November 11, 2009 at 1:23 PM

But all we get is silence or excuses.

katiejane on November 11, 2009 at 1:22 PM

That is the problem. If your religion was hijacked by a small minority and was killing in the name of your faith, you’d move heaven and earth to stop them and denounce them for what they are doing.

But the “moderates” are strangely silent. This leads people either to think that moderate Muslims are a myth or they are too afraid to stand up to the minority that ruin their faith.

Either way, by not speaking out, it gives the impression that the minority are actually the majority. And the scary thing is, that just might be the truth.

Conservative Samizdat on November 11, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Some facts,

Bin Laden’s family flown out and government officials say they weren’t interrogated adequately

FactsofLife343 on November 11, 2009 at 12:14 AM

LOL, your first mistake is claiming a single news story written two years after 9/11 is “facts”. It’s one story. And it comes from an interview Clarke did with Vanity Fair to flog his upcoming book.

And it’s one guy, and one guy only, claiming this. Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a “fact” at all.

As for the bin Ladens,

“That family had been looked at very, very carefully in the two-year period leading up to September 11,” after the al Qaeda bombings of American embassies in East Africa, said retired CIA official Vince Cannistraro.

Remember, it’s Clarke, a violent Bush-hater, who is claiming this.

Del Dolemonte on November 11, 2009 at 2:02 PM

What number would be the tipping point?

Fed45 on November 11, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Lets hear what Gen ‘Diversity’ Casey has to say about it
As far as I am concerned, this is an act of war, and in a war, enemies are supposed to be killed

macncheez on November 11, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Conservative Samizdat on November 11, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Which begs the question: Are the “extremist” actually following Islam as it is preached in the Koran, or is it te “moderates” that are not true Muslims?

Fed45 on November 11, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Islam is SLAVERY TO THE WILL OF ALLAH! There is NO Freedom in this life. “We don’t need democracy, we have Allah”. Freedom is a SIN.

“We Love DEATH more than You Love LIFE.” (Just plain Islam) Lets see if we can grasp that. Maybe this will help. Think about it. If you were a slave, what would be your definition of Heaven? I dare say it would be Freedom. With Islam, Freedom (heaven) can only be achieved in death. To crave Freedom in this life is literally a sin.
And we Americans are so naive, “Let’s just set them free”!

Pole-Cat on November 11, 2009 at 9:09 PM