Video: Who’s the vice president of the United States?

posted at 8:59 pm on November 9, 2009 by Allahpundit

The good news? A few people think it’s Cheney. The bad news? That’s closer than most of them get. The best part comes at the end, when Crowder asks about Pelosi, but it’s a long, sad trip to that point, my friends. Take a drink before clicking.

Like Treacher says: In fairness, Biden probably couldn’t answer this question either.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

OK class let’s take the Bush/Obama quiz.

redridinghood on November 9, 2009 at 10:06 PM

You should have to pass a test to vote.

The National Voting Rights Act of 1965 (which a higher percentage of Republicans voted for than Democrats in both the Senate and the House) suspended the use of literacy tests in all states or political subdivisions in which less than 50 percent of the voting age residents were registered as of 1 November 1964, or had voted in the 1964 presidential election. So that pretty much kills that idea, unless you want to be demonized as either rolling back civil rights legislation or as discriminating by voting location.

calbear on November 9, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Hell let us make it the Nobel Prize

CWforFreedom

Deal.

beachgirlusa on November 9, 2009 at 10:07 PM

These are the dipsticks who cancel out my vote.

Unless you live in California, they actually don’t. That’s the Electoral College system for you….

calbear on November 9, 2009 at 10:08 PM

rofl…that was so funny. lol…

Highlar on November 9, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Like others have said, I’d like Crowder to ask these questions in a red state and see how people answer.

No doubt most of Crowder’s interviewees thought that those who voted against Obama were ignorant and/or stupid.

calbear on November 9, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I wish Dick Cheney was still the VP. :(

clement on November 9, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Sweet mother of Jesus that was a group of mush-for-brains people. They are just taking up space…and voting democrat.

Rational Thought on November 9, 2009 at 10:13 PM

This, again, raises the question of whether BHO is stupid, or a genius manipulator of the stupids.

ParisParamus on November 9, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Now we know where BarryO’s true, and only, leadership ability comes into play.

Robert17 on November 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Exit question: Who is John Boehner?

disillusioned on November 9, 2009 at 10:20 PM

So,the young women hates America,and is planning
to go to MuslimLondonstan,well,good luck with that,
pack your Berka girl!!(Sarc).

canopfor on November 9, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I truly wish she and all the other America haters would move to another country. I really do. But as conservative pilgrim said, they won’t. They’re too lazy and they’ve got it too good here.

Good video. People are dumber than I thought.

4shoes on November 9, 2009 at 10:21 PM

I am sure their teachers are very proud…

Seven Percent Solution on November 9, 2009 at 10:23 PM

This doesn’t surprise me unfortunately. The fact that people know these days more about “Kate & Jon” than “Nancy & Harry” is saddening. I am in my thirties (and originally from another country) so I’d like the input from those of you older. Was this like that back in the 80′s, 70′s, 60′s? Was people so out of touch with the decisions being taken about the country? Was voting so much an “automatic reaction we must endure every four year that I don’t care for before/after I’ve done it”? A moved here a decade ago and even then I remember feeling proud of how much I knew about American politics when I watched Jay Leno doing those street interviews. Back then, however, I didn’t grasped yet the idea that those people were the ones voting what felt good as opposed to the logical, qualified candidates.

ptcamn on November 9, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Was this like that back in the 80’s, 70’s, 60’s?

I can’t remember people being this insanely ignorant and brainwashed, no.

beachgirlusa on November 9, 2009 at 10:29 PM

I am sure their teachers are very proud…

Seven Percent Solution on November 9, 2009 at 10:23 PM

When Leno does Jaywalking, he gets waaaay too many teachers and even a few “college professors” who tank that badly.

Laura in Maryland on November 9, 2009 at 10:34 PM

I love being a political junkie, thank goodness for HA in helping to feed my addiction :)

beachgirlusa on November 9, 2009 at 10:36 PM

This is why our representatives think they know what’s best for us. Because when you take us all collectively, the vast majority of us are to stupid to be we the people.

paulsur on November 9, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Was this like that back in the 80’s, 70’s, 60’s? Was people so out of touch with the decisions being taken about the country? ptcamn on November 9, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Yes pt, it was like this each of those decades, but the percentages were minimal. Today, I’m guessing slightly more than half of them are a box of rocks……post-turtles…..(in the sixties its was Maynard G. Krebs…in the seventies we called them “shit for brains”) Who’da thought they could make it to a polling booth, or for that matter, ask them six months from now the date they voted, and you’ll still get the dumb looks you see in this video.

Rovin on November 9, 2009 at 10:40 PM

That was pretty funny. Crowder and Zo are hilarious. The rest of PJM not so much.

Jerricho68 on November 9, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Many of them were from formerly great britain anyway.

Jerricho68 on November 9, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Crowder is proving the libs point. . . .

Craddle to grave is the answer in libland ? ? ?

Texyank on November 9, 2009 at 10:51 PM

And we could be eating these decadents for free. What are we waiting for?

Coronagold on November 9, 2009 at 10:55 PM

God this is pathetic. See, this is why I ask on my plane if anybody can name one of the 6 Medal of Honor Recepients in the War on Terror (and win a free drink). When nobody gets it I then ask if they can name an American Idol winner and almost EVERYBODY on the plane rings their call light. Sad.

Tony737 on November 9, 2009 at 10:56 PM

That right there is whatcha call the tabloid generation.
We’re so screwed.

Geronimo on November 9, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Wow! That is embarrassing! And we wonder why Dorkbama won the Presidential election?

As for the dumb woman who said she hated America, I say to her, “don’t let the door hit you on the way out”.

Susanboo on November 9, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Stupid IS as stupid does. At Least 80% of Americans can’t pass a 7th grade Constitution test either.

nelsonknows on November 9, 2009 at 11:16 PM

These people canceled out your vote last fall, people. These were the folks chanting Obama’s name in unison and who think health care is “free.”

The one lady that said she had a martini and jokingly said Joe Biden’s name was “Vice President” Biden was funny.

Otherwise: Dumbest. Voters IN U.S. HISTORY.

Good Lt on November 9, 2009 at 11:17 PM

I know its funny but it still makes my blood boil with rage… Its so discouraging that there are so many people out there that cancel-out my vote. Why do I fukung bother becoming informed?

Claypigeon on November 9, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Wow the one girl doesn’t like America, but pie and The Cure seem to be high on her list.

Really though how can we expect these dolts to know the VP, its all about OBAMA, from his name larger on the campaign sign to him being on TV all frikken day. The US Doesn’t matter, Peace doesn’t matter, only Obama matters.

Rbastid on November 9, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Now, now, let’s take it easy on the gal who hates America and plans to move to London; I’m sure she doesn’t know who Gordy Brown is either, or the name of the current queen, or which parties make up parliament, or who Jack the Ripper and Winston Churchill were. In fact, she probably doesn’t remember the name of the friend standing beside her unless it comes up on her caller ID.

Goldy1 on November 10, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Exit question: Who is John Boehner?
disillusioned on November 9, 2009 at 10:20 PM

That dude everybody keeps askin’ about in that book by Rand McNally

ya2daup on November 10, 2009 at 1:01 AM

Goldy1 on November 10, 2009 at 12:52 AM

And the person’s picture is included in the display.

ya2daup on November 10, 2009 at 1:05 AM

Next time someone tells you they’re a progressive, ask them to tell you the name of the Speaker of the House, the name of the VP, the name of the Secretary of the Treasury, what is BlueCHiP, or what is How 0bama Got Elected.com.

Then ask them where they can get a big box of condoms; they know that.

How do I know, when I was in college there were unknowing students that knew this important stuff. Be ready for them to call you an A-hole.

father on November 10, 2009 at 2:39 AM

Idiocracy in effect.

Kenosha Kid on November 10, 2009 at 4:00 AM

Next question: ‘Who is John Galt?’.

BHO Jonestown on November 10, 2009 at 4:31 AM

LEAVE BARNEY ALONE!

Shy Guy on November 10, 2009 at 5:24 AM

I’d like to say I’m surprised, but I’m not.

Sad.

SueM on November 10, 2009 at 6:25 AM

In fairness to that one girl who said Biden was the “Vice President of I Don’t Know”, she was right.

bloggless on November 10, 2009 at 7:49 AM

When I was in college (late ’80′s), I didn’t know much about politics. My friends and I were more concerned about which bar would accept our fake ID’s. My conservative father used to say, “Oh, you’ll start paying attention when you see the money withheld from your paycheck.”

He was almost right. I started paying a little more attention when the Berlin Wall came down, I remember that day almost as vividly as 9/11. But what hooked me was the disgusting display of political gotcha that was the Clarence Thomas hearings.

piglet on November 10, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Who misses Ted Kennedy?

bloggless on November 10, 2009 at 7:53 AM

It’s the democrat propaganda working on the mush-for-brains out there. A mind is a terrible thing to waste (except when voting democrat).

mozalf on November 10, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Both funny and depressing.

BadgerHawk on November 10, 2009 at 8:35 AM

mozalf on November 10, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Amen. Not only are the public schools teaching our kids nothing but they even turn then into anti-Americans! The clueless kid who knew nothing but didn’t like America. A product of public school propaganda. And I’m sure she’ll really love London. (Sounds like a Gwyneth Paltrow groupie.)

Christian Conservative on November 10, 2009 at 8:48 AM

In all fairness a few of those people weren’t American. But the sad part is that one of those Englishmen knew Biden….

jeffn21 on November 10, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Was that Meghan McCain?

angryed on November 10, 2009 at 9:05 AM

piglet

I’ve detested Biden for his sneering condescension ever since then.

beachgirlusa on November 10, 2009 at 9:11 AM

angryed

LOL

beachgirlusa on November 10, 2009 at 9:11 AM

It simply goes to the point that many Americans are simply too uninformed or too stupid to vote. It’s time to bring back literacy tests.

kens on November 10, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Hey remember when Jay Leno did this bit for like the past 10 years and called it Jaywalking, and it really wasn’t that funny then either, since he ripped it off of Howard Stern, who’d been doing it for the past 20 years or so?

Clever, Steven. Real clever. Maybe you could read funny headlines out loud on your next video. No one’s ever done that before!

kens on November 10, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Be careful what you wish for. There’s a guy here that thinks that Kelo is a place in Connecticut.

Proud Rino on November 10, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Pathetic.

Dave Rywall on November 10, 2009 at 9:30 AM

She’s moving to London even though “some ugly guy” is Prime Minister. She’ll end up in an alley with her size 20 knickers all torn up in a pool of vomit with the rest of the Laddettes.Charmingly dainty!

inevitable on November 10, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Was Franklin showing keen foresight when he said “…a republic, if you can keep it.” or were the masses the same bunch of asses back then?

SKYFOX on November 10, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Disgusting.

This is why the country is going to statism; even the Dems are smarter than these dim bulbs.

As the ACORN lady said, You don’t want to give them too education, then they won’t do what you want.

PattyJ on November 10, 2009 at 10:53 AM

It’s fast and easy to say these people are idiots (which they are), but this is a prime example of why we shouldn’t drop the social plank from our platform. Fiscal conservatism is great, but we also need to fight the liberal social culture that makes these people lazy ignorant fools.

Free Indeed on November 10, 2009 at 11:14 AM

This is the sad sad reason our country is having the problems it is.

zappa24 on November 10, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Free Indeed on November 10, 2009 at 11:14 AM
—-

How the hell do you know how these people lean politically, if anywhere at all?

You don’t. So stfu.

The dim-witted unwashed masses are divided equally between the dems and the republicans. That is a fact.

Dave Rywall on November 10, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Liberalism = Idiocracy!

Bevan on November 10, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Andrew Johnson?

mojo on November 10, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Dave Rywall on November 10, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Um. No. It isn’t a fact. People who vote Republican have been shown to be more informed on the issues.

Bobbertsan on November 10, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Dave Rywall on November 10, 2009 at 11:53 AM

See here.

Bobbertsan on November 10, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Who is Angelina Jolie?

Ingenue on November 10, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Knowledge is power. Ignorance is weakness. You can’t fix stupid.

LarryG on November 10, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Dave Rywall on November 10, 2009 at 11:53 AM

See here.

Bobbertsan on November 10, 2009 at 2:06 PM
————
Yep. People are dumb. And they get to vote.

Dave Rywall on November 10, 2009 at 3:55 PM