Breaking: Hoyer admits Dems don’t have the votes for Pelosi Plan

posted at 11:38 am on November 6, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

The answer to the big question surrounding Nancy Pelosi’s scheduling of the ObamaCare vote this weekend has been answered.  She didn’t schedule it for Saturday because she had the votes — and now Steny Hoyer has admitted as much this morning:

A House leader says Democrats haven’t yet lined up enough votes to pass their health care overhaul bill.

Majority Leader Steny Hoyer of Maryland says the vote that House Democrats had scheduled for Saturday could slip to Sunday or early next week.

Hoyer acknowledged to reporters Friday that Democratic leaders don’t yet have the 218 votes needed to pass President Barack Obama’s historic health overhaul initiative.

In other words, this was a Hail Nancy play.  She couldn’t afford to wait too long for the vote after dropping 2,000 pages on members last week, and having them see the results of the elections this week.  Pelosi and Hoyer thought that rushing a vote would allow them to bully recalcitrant moderates into support.

She chose … poorly.

What does this tell us?  Moderates have apparently balked at the pressure Pelosi has put on them to swallow the public option and a $1.8 trillion price tag.  Today’s unemployment numbers probably had something to do with that as well.  Robert Reich advised Democrats to stop their push on health-care overhauls and start worrying about job losses, or risk becoming an irrelevancy in the midterms (via Instapundit).  The moderates in Pelosi’s caucus probably came to that conclusion on Tuesday night.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Obamacare, PelosiCare, whatever, is not going to pass…

Had there been any merit to any of it, it would have passed esaily before the August recess….long before the August recess. Why do you think there has never been even one complete copy of the proposed legislation presented to the public on the internet as promised by Pelosi and Obama, many many times since last November?

The Emperor has no clothes, and Pelosi is about to start shouting “Palomino!”

Keep calling, emailing, writing and making your voices heard. They understand but one thing…getting re-elected.

Play to their fears. It works.

coldwarrior on November 6, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Quick, CNN and MSNBC… run with that DEMOCRATIC CIVIL WAR story you’ve been dying to air!

mankai on November 6, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Hoyer wants Pelosi’s job, so why would he want Pelosi to succeed? Of course, he has to go through the kabuki motions of LOOKING like he’s working to make her succeed.

I think some of y’all are misreading this.

Christien on November 6, 2009 at 11:54 AM

“Democrat Civil war”

the_nile on November 6, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Somebody just saw Rahm on Capitol Hill with a big truck load of dead fish.

Dire Straits on November 6, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Keep calling to oppose the bill. You can bet they’ve got any wavering members on the rack right now, trying to change minds, or are wining, dining and bribing them. Don’t let up until we’ve driven a stake through Peolsicare’s rotten heart.

hachiban on November 6, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Looks like a “Democrat Civil War” to me.

“What’s so civil about war, anyway?”

Techie on November 6, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Racist Rethuglicans win again!!!!!!!!
/s

BPD on November 6, 2009 at 11:57 AM

The Dems control everything and my Democratic dad still blames the Republicans and Joe Lieberman for not getting this thing passed.

mankai on November 6, 2009 at 11:57 AM

the only way to preserve liberty is to get our congressmen all wee weeed up.

Just do it.

ted c on November 6, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Somebody just saw Rahm on Capitol Hill with a big truck load of dead fish.

Dire Straits on November 6, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Which one was Nancy, the Flounder?

NoDonkey on November 6, 2009 at 11:57 AM

I think we’re about to see a shuffle of major players in DC.

Kerry is being “tested” internationally; Is there a new Sec. State in our future?

Going out on limb on this one…How much longer can Pelosi survive as Speaker? She isn’t making any friends within her own caucus…Is Hoyer running an end-around to force Pelosi out, or to at least cool her liberal jets?

I suspect that Lil’ Timmy won’t last much longer either. Now that we’ve hit >10% unemployment, and Timmy was “the only man” who could lead us out of the recession….the WH will need a scapegoat to pin the failure of Porkulus on.

Gates is probably tuning up his letter of resignation, along with McChrystal…the longer the annointed one delays any decision on Afghanistan, the more likely his top defensemen will walk away in disgust and distrust. (Carter redux)

Reid. Wow. I have visions of Reid and Spectre enjoying their retirement together ala “Grumpy Old Men”, drooling over the new chick in the neighborhood, one named Nancy.

I see the so-called “Blue Dog” Dems breaking away from the party line, much like the Dixie-crats did, this time trying to move to the center. It won’t work. True conservatism is on the rise; moderates have no place (e.g.; how about a “little” bit of abortion, huh?)

Oh, and Newt….have fun with the Grumpy Old Men. I’m sure Nancy will enjoy sharing her couch with you again. Don’t let the door hit……

BobMbx on November 6, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Next up, Crap and Tax, Education “Reform”.

LibTired on November 6, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Don’t forget, they will try to sneak AMNESTY on us before this Congress gets voted out next November.

karenhasfreedom on November 6, 2009 at 11:58 AM

I’ve been calling my congressman all morning – busy busy busy. I’ve emailed and filled out his ‘health care survey’ which is phony in the extreme. It’s overhaul the insurance industry or ‘do nothing’, no other choices. Noticeably ‘tort reform’ isn’t mentioned anywhere…

So I fixed that for him in the comment section where I wrote that for all the emulation of European medicine, the democrats failed to notice that there are no mastodon settlements for malpractice. Then I asked why an ‘urgent’ plan was delayed until 2013, and how a plan for the uninsured wound up making them wait six months and doesn’t include millions of them. I think he’ll skip my comment.

Ya think?

Carolina Kat on November 6, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Which one was Nancy, the Flounder?

NoDonkey on November 6, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Blowfish.

BobMbx on November 6, 2009 at 11:58 AM

I say keep shoveling this crap down America’s throat and on January 21, 2013…..the dems will be out of power for 50 years!

jbh45 on November 6, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Well at least it didn’t screw up Der Leader’s Friday golf game.

Dire Straits on November 6, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Given what happenmed in Texas yesterday I really hope you’re kidding.

Jed_Eckert on November 6, 2009 at 11:59 AM

hachiban on November 6, 2009 at 11:56 AM

This is probably the last moment they can pass it , then it’s over.

the_nile on November 6, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Bachman did it! If I see any GOP hacks take credit for this, I\’m bouncig heads off the floor!

abobo on November 6, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Michele Bachmann’s House call to Washington woke them up. Seeing tea partiers there scared the crap out of the blue dogs.

cubachi on November 6, 2009 at 11:50 AM

I saw the ABC report on this, and I couldn’t believe they mentioned how sprawling and large the crowd was! Then, of course, they mentioned how “angry” the crowd was.

SouthernGent on November 6, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Pelosi is a dangerous mental case, if the libs knew what was good for them they would demand she step down. She is taking them over a cliff.

echosyst on November 6, 2009 at 11:59 AM

“Healthcare “Reform” Fails Miserably – Woman and Minority hardest hit.” – Washington Post Headline, Nov. 9, 2009

NoDonkey on November 6, 2009 at 12:00 PM

abobo on November 6, 2009 at 11:59 AM

See Minnesota can elect good people :)

gophergirl on November 6, 2009 at 12:00 PM

mankai on November 6, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Keep pounding on him. He’ll see the light one day.

SouthernGent on November 6, 2009 at 12:00 PM

karenhasfreedom on November 6, 2009 at 11:58 AM

I knew there was one more. Thank you.

LibTired on November 6, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Why would any American Loving Democrat (if there is such a thing) put their reputation and job on the line for this lying bunch of far leftist Anti-American scum.

the Pinnochio Presidente has been a miserable failure at all he has tried since lying his way into office and yesterdays child like press conference after the deaths of 13 of Americas patriots was the final straw.

Why would anyone prop up this puppet further?

dhunter on November 6, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Change has come to Washington…..

alexraye on November 6, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Pardon my digression, but your phrase, as applied to the policies of Sen. Pelosi, evokes the poets Jagger and Richards:

Under my thumb
The squirmin’ dog who’s just had her day
Under my thumb
A girl who has just changed her ways

It’s down to me, yes it is
The way she does just what she’s told
Down to me, the change has come
She’s under my thumb
Ah, ah, say it’s alright

Take it, take easy, babe.

Venusian Visitor on November 6, 2009 at 12:01 PM

The House is in complete disarray.

Tip O’Neil would be ashamed.

molonlabe28 on November 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM

SouthernGent on November 6, 2009 at 11:59 AM

(Deep grumbling voice) – Teabaggers mad! Teabaggers SMASH!!!!1!!11

BadgerHawk on November 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Is it just me, or does Steny look like an Oompa Loompa? A bit orangish looking….I guess Nancy got to him….

NoFanofLibs on November 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM

That would mark the end of the Obama Administration as a viable political force. You don’t have your SecTresury and SecDef quit on you in the first half of the term and not look like a flailing incompetent.

Techie on November 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM

molonlabe28 on November 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I still miss Moynihan.

lorien1973 on November 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM

SouthernGent on November 6, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Healthcare Protest Crowd – angry
Guy Shooting Everyone and Shouting Allahu Akbar – aggrieved

LibTired on November 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Jed_Eckert on November 6, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I was kidding about him not helping pass health care. You are right he needs to stay in White House but I have my doubts about him being sincere about the military.

Dire Straits on November 6, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Under my thumb
The squirmin’ dog who’s just had her day
Under my thumb
A girl who has just changed her ways

It’s down to me, yes it is
The way she does just what she’s told
Down to me, the change has come
She’s under my thumb
Ah, ah, say it’s alright
Take it, take easy, babe.

Venusian Visitor on November 6, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Nice.

BadgerHawk on November 6, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Big news, and today’s unemployment numbers with yesterdays protests and ongoing calls are not helping Pelosi’s case.

JIMV on November 6, 2009 at 12:04 PM

cubachi on November 6, 2009 at 11:50 AM

I heard she gave one person a single page from the bill (over 2,000 people) and had them stream down the hall knocking on offices asking for Congressmen to explain that one page to them.

Supposedly it was a sight to behold.

Enoxo on November 6, 2009 at 12:04 PM

mankai on November 6, 2009

Honor your father. Just don’t talk to him about politics.
That’s the only way I can deal with my Humbolt County, CA wacked out Democrat mother.

SKYFOX on November 6, 2009 at 12:04 PM

BobMbx on November 6, 2009 at 11:57 AM

He has a job for life and steady income as long as he keeps Teresa happy. The only reason he’d leave would be if he was promised the VP slot in 2012. Biden is too much of a buffoon to be allowed to campaign. I always thought Obama lured Hillary out of the Senate with the same VP promise, but there’s no way she can publicly call him on it if he double-crosses her.

I agree on Timmy. I expect Gates always was a caretaker SecDef. Whether Obama would risk having McChrystal resign is another matter, since Obama is looking so weak in foreign affairs right now.

Wethal on November 6, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Don’t stop calling and writing congress. Now is the time to really pour it on.

kangjie on November 6, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Looks like a “Democrat Civil War” to me.

Techie on November 6, 2009 at 11:56 AM

SlimyBill on November 6, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Finally got through – my blue dog rep who says he will vote no on Pelosi-care.

Carolina Kat on November 6, 2009 at 12:05 PM

See Minnesota can elect good people :)

gophergirl on November 6, 2009 at 12:00 PM

I used to live in Woodbury and proud to say that I voted Bauchman into office.

jbh45 on November 6, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Alcee Hastings on yesterday’s protest…

But some Democrats said Thursday that the protesters weren’t going to change any minds.

“I think it’s a great exercise in democracy, but it isn’t going to make a damn bit of difference at this point,” Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-Fla.) told The Hill in an interview.

SouthernGent on November 6, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Kat–is that Schuler?

ted c on November 6, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Finally got through – my blue dog rep who says he will vote no on Pelosi-care.

Carolina Kat on November 6, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Shuler?

SouthernGent on November 6, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Somebody just saw Rahm on Capitol Hill with a big truck load of dead fish.

Dire Straits on November 6, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Rham was the one wearing a tutu?

VegasRick on November 6, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Don’t believe anything you hear. We know Pelosi and Obamarx’s tricks.

Don’t stop fighting, Patriots. Call the Blue Dogs, that’s where our chances lie.

I was in DC yesterday and they said not one Republican will vote for it. I have pics of Dem Reps running out of their offices to avaoid us.

Use AMA free hotline (love the irony) 1-800-833-6354 to call Blue Dogs. Put in 1 to talke to legislature, find a zip code in blue dog’s district and themn select 2 to contact Rep.

For example, I looked up Blue Dog Heath Shuler and got a zip code in his area (Asheville, NC) put that in and talked to his office.

Keep the phone number, you’ll need it.

Here’s a great site of all the Rep’s emails, phone numbers, etc.

Here’s a list of the Blue Dogs. Call them:
Donnelly, Joe (IN-02)
Ellsworth, Brad (IN-08)
Giffords, Gabrielle (AZ-08)
Gordon, Bart (TN-06)
Griffith, Parker (AL-05)
Harman, Jane (CA-36)
Herseth Sandlin, Stephanie (SD)
Hill, Baron (IN-09)
Holden, Tim (PA-17)
Kratovil, Jr., Frank (MD-01)
McIntyre, Mike (NC-07)
Perriello, Tom (VA-05)
Rahall, Nick (WV-03)
Salazar, John (CO-03)
Skelton, Ike (MO-04)
Teague, Harry (NM-02)

TriciaNC on November 6, 2009 at 12:06 PM

We’ve only just begun to fight.

- Conservatives for America, 2009

Jerome Horwitz on November 6, 2009 at 12:06 PM

10.2%

Americans are thinking economy…..

The Imperial Politboro is…..is thinking Healthcare….

They choose poorly….

PatriotRider on November 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Kissell – NC8

Carolina Kat on November 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Democrat leadership: “Wooooo hoooo look over here! Don’t pay attention to the votes in the house for a few days. We don’t have the votes for health care. Look at Palin. Or Iran. Or your belly button. Nothing going on in the house.”

Uhhh, this is the time to redouble our efforts! I say call, call again and then call all weekend long. I don’t trust these despicable traitors one iota! They will sneak in a 1 am Sunday morning vote if we aren’t watching them.

csdeven on November 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Put into context with a newly minted double digit unemployment figure and it would make sense that they shouldn’t have the votes for this debacle. However, no one ever accused Congress of having sense….

Keep calling.

ted c on November 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Kissell – NC8

Carolina Kat on November 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Whoa! That is HUGE news! Really huge news!

SouthernGent on November 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM

They choose poorly….

PatriotRider on November 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM

They “acted stupidly”

that line guarantees a beer summit.

ted c on November 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Whoa! That is HUGE news! Really huge news!

SouthernGent on November 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM

How so? ‘splain it.

ted c on November 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Moderate Dems are worried about unemployment… Which is to say, they are worried about losing their own jobs in 2010 if they vote for Obamacare.

TN Mom on November 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM

I called rep. Patrick Murphy and his office politely took my message not to vote for this bill and say no to socialism. I’m shocked that I got through.

birdhurd on November 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM

I think he’s angling for Nancy’s job…he was ever since she got position as Speaker. Remember the feud between them that erupted immediately after she got the job?

Highlar on November 6, 2009 at 11:50 AM

That Hoyer wants the job isn’t exactly a state secret. It’s also no secret that Nan wanted Murtha in the job.

highhopes on November 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM

The cost cutting and all is good… but someone needs to address the uninsured. There just has to be a solution to that. One that doesn’t tank the economy that is.

petunia on November 6, 2009 at 11:52 AM

If insurance is allowed to be purchased across state lines, that will create competition. Prices will go down, and people would be able to purchase it for themselves, or employers might offer it. Tort reform is definitely a good start as well. As for those uninsured. That would include those who choose not to purchase health insurance, illegals, and some that fall thru the cracks. But making it more affordable, will definitely help. As for illegals, and the poor….they already get care. No one is turned away, and we have medicaid, and medicare. These culminate into a more acceptable resolution than does this trillion dollar tax hike.

capejasmine on November 6, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Every Democrat in the House can’t be complete idiots. Some of them have to be talking to each other and admitting Pelosi is totally insane!

joedoe on November 6, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Use this weekend to crash the phone systems, stuff the email servers, and jam the FAX machines–a la “immigration reform” and “Dubai ports”. When Congressional staff have nervous breakdowns in front of their bosses, the pols start thinking maybe it will be real ugly when they finally get back home.

DrStock on November 6, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Did they hear us yesterday as we marched to the Capitol and then to their offices? Were they paying attention to us?

Knucklehead on November 6, 2009 at 12:09 PM

How so? ’splain it.

ted c on November 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Larry Kissell is no blue dog (with all due repect to Carolina Kat). From his Wikipedia page…

In the November election, Kissell defeated Hayes by a larger-than-expected margin, according to unofficial results. He won 55 percent of the vote to Hayes’ 45 percent. [4] This victory returned the seat to the Democrats; Bill Hefner had held the seat for 24 years before Hayes won it in 1998.

Kissell is a frequent poster at the liberal blog Daily Kos. [5]

SouthernGent on November 6, 2009 at 12:10 PM

TN Mom on November 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM

I guess that’s one way to focus their attention on the economy is to say, “You wanna try to go find a job in THAT economy?”

Priorities.

ted c on November 6, 2009 at 12:10 PM

What does this tell us?

It tells us that Pelosi is politically incompetent, and desperate. It also tells us that ObamaCare is probably dead, since politically it’s all downhill from here.

Cicero43 on November 6, 2009 at 12:11 PM

feels like a smokescreen.

Chubbs65 on November 6, 2009 at 12:11 PM

I still miss Moynihan.

lorien1973 on November 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Ditto. I could vote for someone like D Moynihan.

WashJeff on November 6, 2009 at 12:11 PM

She chose . . . poorly.

The allusion.

MassVictim on November 6, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Praise the Lord.

I imagine Hoyer is thinking “I’m not going down with the USS Pelosi.”

Oink on November 6, 2009 at 12:12 PM

mankai on November 6, 2009 at 11:57 AM

It’s neithr party that is stopping this. It is the American People. If he’s a lib he ought to be all about people power right?

petunia on November 6, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Change has come to Washington…..

alexraye on November 6, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Along with thousands of patriots!

Christian Conservative on November 6, 2009 at 12:12 PM

How so? ’splain it.

ted c on November 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Larry Kissell is no blue dog…he posts regularly on DKos.

SouthernGent on November 6, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Epic.

lorien1973 on November 6, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Honor your father. Just don’t talk to him about politics.

SKYFOX on November 6, 2009 at 12:04 PM

The county’s number one cash crop doesn’t mellow you out?
:-0

It’s gotten so we stay off of politics at family gatherings.

highhopes on November 6, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Knucklehead on November 6, 2009 at 12:09 PM

OT Story: Was driving into my business’s Chatham location this morning on I-57 and saw a billboard advertising for caskets from the highway in that neighborhood. Targeted advertising!

WashJeff on November 6, 2009 at 12:14 PM

ted and Southern Gent, Kissell held ‘townhalls’ in August about health care – but it wasn’t announced publicly – I received word by phone since I have contacted his office repeatedly on this issue, among others. Interestingly he held them in far flung regions of NC8, instead of the population centers, which went for McCain by 60%.

NC8 Repubs were disaffected by our R last fall as it was widely held that GWB armtwisted Hayes to vote for CAFTA, the impact of which was the loss of thousands of jobs in this district. We lost textiles in NC, and Hayes, whose father was the corporate atty for Cannon Mills (later Fieldcrest Cannon, taken over by Springs and shut down) should have protected his constituents.

Kissell had lost by 300 votes in 2006, but the closing of the mill here eliminated Hayes viability. Kissell may not survive in 2010 anyway.

Carolina Kat on November 6, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen,
If you think for one moment that these Cretans are going to give up, fuggghet about it. Obama has gambled his entire agenda on this issue. They don’t care if they lose seats in the House or Senate, Obama doesn’t care about Blue Dogs, Yellow Dogs or dead dogs. This is all about him and his grandiose plan to transform America. They are going to pass something, if they don’t their base will flee them and his support will fall even further. He and Pelosi and Reid don’t give a damn about the Americam people, except of course to use as a funding source for their Utopian vision of the new amerika.

mountainmanbob on November 6, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Knucklehead on November 6, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Probably not. Though I gotta say that looked like one hell of a rally given the short notice.

highhopes on November 6, 2009 at 12:18 PM

…but someone needs to address the uninsured. There just has to be a solution to that. One that doesn’t tank the economy that is.

petunia on November 6, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Ok, lets try this: Force them to get off their asses, contribute to society as we are; stop expecting hardworking Americans to subsidize your laziness and ignorance. Teach them how capitalism works, not how to fill out gov’t aid forms.

Before you genuflect, for those who can’t do the above…they already qualify for MediCare. They are not part of this discussion

BobMbx on November 6, 2009 at 12:24 PM

While it makes me nervous that these clowns are keeping this POS alive, on some levels I think it’s good, the longer they insult the masses, the more likely the “pushers” are to join the ranks of the un-employed next year…

JusDreamin on November 6, 2009 at 12:24 PM

It’d be really dead then, as opposed to mostly dead.

Techie on November 6, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Another good movie quote.

capejasmine on November 6, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Allowing insurance to be purchased across state lines and having tort reform would bring the cost of health care down dramatically. Throw in the ability to have health savings account and I think the health care problem will be solved.

Health Care would be increadibly cheap.

Conservative Samizdat on November 6, 2009 at 12:25 PM

ted and Southern Gent,

Carolina Kat on November 6, 2009 at 12:25 PM

test

Dire Straits on November 6, 2009 at 12:26 PM

I’m having trouble commenting? Anyone else notice slow loading of the site or is it just me?

Carolina Kat on November 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM

So is she just going to never let them go home? That is a good strategy. /sarc

ctmom on November 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM

No, no, no. This is a false flag. Remember with cap and trade how there was a rumor out on Friday morning that they didn’t have the votes? And then they did?

Don’t believe this. Burn up the phones.

Missy on November 6, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Missy is right. If we stop our efforts now, we’ll have Pelosi Care.

thuja on November 6, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Crossposting from an earlier thread:

Click below for the list of Blue Dog reps and Senators with phone, fax, and websites. It’s a direct Word doc download.

If that seems too risky, go here (http://www.thewoodlandsteaparty.com/2009/11/04/operation-house-call-texas-representatives-needed/) and scroll down to the Healthcare Call to Action link for the same thing.

Troll Feeder on November 6, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Robert Reich’s blog is very interesting. SOMEONE has to talk some sense into Pelosi, Obama, etc. It’s like they’re being electrocuted and can’t let go of the power cord. Someone needs to knock them off of it. Actually, though, I hope they do vote on it and it FAILS.

At what point do they stop pushing it? Will we only be safe after the GOP takes back both Houses in 2010?

Oink on November 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Is Hot Air freezing up for anyone else? It seemed to lock up for over 10 minutes.

CBP on November 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Carolina Kat on November 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Me too.

Oink on November 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Crossposting (and I hope not double posting) from an earlier thread:

Troll Feeder on November 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Knucklehead on November 6, 2009 at 12:09 PM

This isn’t getting much attention. Do you feel it was successful?

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2009 at 12:32 PM

It’d be really dead then, as opposed to mostly dead.

Techie on November 6, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Another good movie quote.

capejasmine on November 6, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Health Care would be incredibly cheap.

Conservative Samizdat on November 6, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Carolina Kat on November 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM
Oink on November 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Ditto. Even timing out occasionally.

Cindy Munford on November 6, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Oops, repeating due to forgetting website and typos:

Don’t believe anything you hear. We know Pelosi and Obamarx’s tricks.

I was in DC yesterday and they said not one Republican will vote for it. I have pics of Dem Reps running out of their offices to avoid us.

Use AMA free hotline (love the irony) 1-800-833-6354 to call Blue Dogs. Put in 1 to talk to legislator, find a zip code in blue dog’s district and then select 2 to contact Rep.

Keep the phone number, you’ll need it.

Here’s a great site of all the Rep’s emails, phone numbers, etc. http://conservativeusa.org/mega-cong.htm

Here’s a list of the Blue Dogs. Call them:
Donnelly, Joe (IN-02)
Ellsworth, Brad (IN-08)
Giffords, Gabrielle (AZ-08)
Gordon, Bart (TN-06)
Griffith, Parker (AL-05)
Harman, Jane (CA-36)
Herseth Sandlin, Stephanie (SD)
Hill, Baron (IN-09)
Holden, Tim (PA-17)
Kratovil, Jr., Frank (MD-01)
McIntyre, Mike (NC-07)
Rahall, Nick (WV-03)
Salazar, John (CO-03)
Skelton, Ike (MO-04)
Teague, Harry (NM-02)

TriciaNC on November 6, 2009 at 12:33 PM

CBP on November 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I had that problem too. Which is why I double posted.

That was weird.