Hatred of Glenn Beck: It’s come to this

posted at 7:38 pm on November 2, 2009 by Allahpundit

I don’t know why they even bothered dressing this up as comedy. If you’re going to wish death on someone, own it. It’s like hitting a guy with a crowbar but wearing a funny hat while doing it to “lighten the mood” or whatever.

Did you read the Jesse Walker piece like I asked? It applies here too, you know. Content warning.

Victim In Fatal Car Accident Tragically Not Glenn Beck

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Yesterday i was called a
RACIST
Warmonger
Hate filled
Greedy
Corporate shill
Rebulican stooge..
Crap the list was pretty long..

My only so called “THOUGHT CRIME”
That a liberal CONVICTED ME OF?

why
Not supporting the communist obama care for starters.
then For NOT watching the STATE approved stations..
(i watched fox) so i can actually find out the truth..
not the state party line. which i can get just by receiveding an email from my so called Respresentative..
Seems like all of her emails
MIRROR the DEMONAZI PARTY LINE..

So this person was so upset they wished i would go to war (in iraq and then DIE)…

Hmm I wish i could go and fight..
maybe I will be allowed someday to wear my uniform again..
But the sheer HATRED was so bad you could feel it..

Now i am not the nicest person on the planet (yes i know i am rather rude)..
Ok fine but i have never advocated the DEATHS of any congressman or obama.. NO..

I think their are laws against that anyway..

I only suggested we arrest them all for treason and deport them all to IRAN..

Heck we might have a chance to win the war on ISLAMIC terror if we actually sent these pack of traitors back to their masters..

But i digress..

So when i see this (from the left) all i can say is
How come its always the leftists threatening and wishing for death?

How come its always the leftists and anarchysts destroying everything in site each time there is a g8 summitt?

How come each time a conservative steps up to speak they are shut down, shouted down and threatened by
democrats and leftists..

I let you write all you want on my site..
how come when i went to the huffington compost..
I was banned within 2 minutes..
Right after i posted my OPINION on why we should FIGHT the Islamic Nazis in Iraq…

yea they didnt like me too much..

So personally to all of you leftists you best be careful..
for very soon the same garbage your pulling accross the entire country

may very well come home to roost (right in your leftist laps)..

veteranoutrage on November 2, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Would going on TV and suggest poisoning a specific Senator also be a threat of bodily harm?

jonknee on November 2, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Heck yes…I don’t know who, but I suspect you’re referring to a specific person.

Although, perhaps immediate arrest would be a bit much now that I think about it. A letter from the Secret Service that one’s ‘humor’ had earned you a place of notice might be quite enough. (the message being “joke if you will, but watch that it STAYS a joke, buster”)

Dark-Star on November 2, 2009 at 9:43 PM

they come from all political backgrounds and it’s silly to deny otherwise.

jonknee on November 2, 2009 at 9:40 PM

I won’t deny that, you’re right to a degree. But your post basically tells you have a limited bias.

You compared McVeigh to the tea-partiers. That;s totally unfair at the least. Those gatherings were loud, to be sure, but any violence came from people holding opposing views. If you doubt me, I reference news reports from around the world.

Your argument just shot down Islamic rhetoric and justification for their violence, which I imagine you didn’t expect. If it’s bad for McVeigh to blow up a building full of children, why is it ‘okay’ to drop two skyscrapers?

Or to blow up school buses in Israel?

Liam on November 2, 2009 at 9:47 PM

veteranoutrage on November 2, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Been where you have been.

Got your back to the end of time. Others here do, too, though we might not be physically beside you.

You’re one of us, and we’re part with you.

Maybe that’s not much but I’m giving to you all I have.

Liam on November 2, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I know they come from all political backgrounds and it’s silly to deny otherwise.

jonknee on November 2, 2009 at 9:40 PM

When you make the conscience decision to comment murder to further your political ideology you cease to be a conservative, moderate or liberal and become a fascist or Communist/Marxist Revolutionary.

Conservative, moderates and liberals all share one common characteristic, their political ideologies do not include murder as being an acceptable methodology for the furtherance of their political ideologies.

doriangrey on November 2, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Heck yes…I don’t know who, but I suspect you’re referring to a specific person.

Dark-Star on November 2, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I’ll let you forward the Secret Service to Mr. Beck.

jonknee on November 2, 2009 at 9:51 PM

You might think it’s funny, I think it’s disgusting! Ever wonder why Glenn has to pay for security for his family and himself? Ya, people like this.
simplesimon on November 2, 2009 at 8:28 PM
You are just as disgusting.

Bambi on November 2, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Wow, not funny…

How creepy to put up a picture of the “victim”?

And, showing a “grieving mother”…sick…

mockmook on November 2, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Ever wonder why Glenn has to pay for security for his family and himself?
simplesimon on November 2, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Because people like you make death threats. True, some on the right do such, and that warrants action. But numbers tell the usual threats come from the Left like today: Blue Dog Dems have received a lot of hate mail and threats from…~drum roll~

the Left!

The truth is out there. Go find it, embrace it, and…

Liam on November 2, 2009 at 9:56 PM

jonknee on November 2, 2009 at 9:51 PM

I think they’ve already got him on their watchlist by now…much longer and this incompetent administration is going to have a lot more people very angry at them, angry enough to start talking with more than words. Wouldn’t want to be trying to keep track of all the disgruntled citizens right now, the task must have become Herculean after Bush’s first term and it likely hasn’t gotten easier.

Dark-Star on November 2, 2009 at 9:56 PM

simplesimon on November 2, 2009 at 8:49 PM
That line was cheaper than what a dime store hood might say and you already know it. Or maybe you don’t.
That says more about you than you claim against us.
For your info, we hate McVeigh.
We hate people who drag black men behind pickup trucks just because those murdered men were black. People like you see such horrible event with glee, to condemn us though we’re on your side about that. Liberals like you LOVE when whites call black men niggers and then kill them.
We conservatives, don’t.
You hate people like me with passion when we want the best for every Citizen.
You libs had to LIE about Rush to make a point, then you retracted it when all evidence was against you.
All you do is lie, to support your egos. You know the truths, yet you lie, deny, fabricate, condemn, and attack.
Your hate blinds you.
It’s better to be wrong with misguided belief and later admit it, than think you’re forever right in ignorance.

Liam on November 2, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Spot on, big time.

TXUS on November 2, 2009 at 9:58 PM

doriangrey on November 2, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Liberals are Marxists, Leninists, Trotsyites, Maosists, and other followers of Castro, Che, and whoever else.

You need a cup of coffee here.

Liam on November 2, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Check check.

TXUS on November 2, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Dark-Star on November 2, 2009 at 9:56 PM

But can you not acknowledge his intelligence and wit. I mean, twags like this only come around once a while in San Francisco. And what a helpful twag!

daesleeper on November 2, 2009 at 10:00 PM

know, that’s why black people all vote republican!

Bonus points – McVeigh was a lifelong member of the NRA.

simplesimon on November 2, 2009 at 9:28

The perfect moniker: Simon you are a simpleton.

faol on November 2, 2009 at 10:01 PM

jonknee on November 2, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Your simplistic views may work well in your little world, but for the rest of us in the real world, you are a sad, scary little joke. Quit kidding around, nutbar, unless you are serious, in which case I will report you forthwith to fishy.gov.

hillbillyjim on November 2, 2009 at 10:08 PM

I’m sure Allan Grayson will stand in if they need a replacement for the Newscaster role.

Dire Straits on November 2, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Well… Satan talks and evil walks.

Anyone wonder what Glenn’s wife or children might feel if they saw this? Does anyone over at the Onion have a conscience? You know, that thing that makes us human? Its pretty darn cruel and yes, as Wanda Sykes would say, “too much.” Sad, sad, sad.

fullogas on November 2, 2009 at 10:12 PM

You need a cup of coffee here.

Liam on November 2, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Not true, only about 20 percent are, the other 80 percent are just misguided.

doriangrey on November 2, 2009 at 10:14 PM

That’s Hilarious!!!

(For all those who can’t tell, The Onion is a Right leaning parody organization and this in NOT an anti-Glenn Beck skit.)

elfman on November 2, 2009 at 10:15 PM

To simon and all you libs:

What’s the willful death toll under Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Fidel, Che, Mussolini, Mohammed, Saddam, Nasser, Quadaffi, bin Laden, Khomeini, and all the others to whom you liberals give pardon?

The real history of the Crusades was in response to a century of Moslem invasions of Europe–which you stupidly don’t know. Islam, which you libs support and favor, is a way to wage aggressive war.

Recall the movie Hunt for Red October, when the Soviet attack sub was about to be killed by it’s own torpedo? What did the First Officer say…?

You arrogant ass! You killed us!

Liam on November 2, 2009 at 10:15 PM

doriangrey on November 2, 2009 at 10:14 PM

I can partly agree. They consider themselves Marxists, somehow ‘enlightened’.

Might be a toss-up here about the point.

Liam on November 2, 2009 at 10:17 PM

It was a satire against the left’s hatred of Beck.

True_King on November 2, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I think the joke was that the some people hate glen beck that much

tlynch001 on November 2, 2009 at 10:21 PM

I’ll let you forward the Secret Service to Mr. Beck.

jonknee on November 2, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Beck was making fun of himself in that skit, as if she might believe that the wine was poison, not suggesting that it would be funny to poison her. But I guess the truth is irrelevant to people on the left. Go ahead and promote the lie now…

elfman on November 2, 2009 at 10:23 PM

The onion has been getting more and more tasteless lately. Did you see their Halloween safety tips? (CONTENT WARNING) Sorry, but child rape jokes just aren’t cool or funny.

mizflame98 on November 2, 2009 at 10:23 PM

You arrogant ass! You killed us!

Liam on November 2, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Unfortunately your meaning is completely lost on them.

bluemarlin on November 2, 2009 at 10:27 PM

That was my take on it. I am kind of baffled tho after reading the responses.

Geochelone on November 2, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Baffled huh? Well dear, maybe I’m a bit old fashioned, but I have to wonder what kind of whirligigs are twirling around in your head with accompanying clown music that make you think this type of ugliness is anywhere nearly acceptable in our society? Yes, we have free speech, but is this the kind of humor/satire you would want to encourage? If so, whyyyyy? (I’m over 50 but not so much an old fart. I like South Park after all).

Another thought, they did show a real accident scene. What if a family member of yours had died in said accident and then you saw this clip. Think you might cry? Be hurt? And, what if Glenn’s loved ones see this. Think they might be hurt? For shame.

fullogas on November 2, 2009 at 10:30 PM

mizflame98 on November 2, 2009 at 10:23 PM

I wouldn’t go that far, but yeah, those joke are really weak. Considering the date on that is October 28, 1998, I’ll have to rethink my belief that The Onion hasn’t been funny in 10 years.

Jim Treacher on November 2, 2009 at 10:31 PM

doriangrey on November 2, 2009 at 9:51 PM

There is a word here you are forgetting doriangrey…that word is “yet”.

The Brits made the same accusations against the Founders that the left is making against us. They keep ramping up the pressure and intimidation … for much the same reasons too (propping up overspending by an uncaring, unrepresentative bunch of tyrants).

I can promise you that as we approach 2010 that we WILL see more and more efforts by them to intimidate us and it will grow more and more violent, too.

I’d bet the bank that Obama, Pelosi, Reid, et al have a REICHSTAG moment already planned and we had best be prepared for their efforts to crush us afterward.

The 911 truther crowd is a bunch of nuts but I wouldn’t put something like that past the current administration.

Keep your powder dry.

babylonandon on November 2, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Think about what the left would say if Beck was hit by a car……
That’s what this satire is all about. The Onion does not hate Mr. Beck.

Vince on November 2, 2009 at 10:37 PM

bluemarlin on November 2, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Yeah, I know. I wish for better but, being forced down to their lower level, I can enjoy some fun.

With popcorn and lots of butter.

Liam on November 2, 2009 at 10:43 PM

The Onion: Tragically unfunny, tragically still online.

Only one word for types who come up with crap like this (and the types who find it funny): pre-hominid.

SuperCool on November 2, 2009 at 10:44 PM

I, for one, won’t take that bet. I believe you’re right.

Liam on November 2, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Liam on November 2, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I thought it was pretty classic myself, bravo.

bluemarlin on November 2, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Oh for crying out loud people. The Onion is making fun of Beck haters. Not Beck himself. At least that’s the way I saw it.

Guardian on November 2, 2009 at 11:06 PM

I wonder what that poor girl’s family thinks. This is just poor taste.

petunia on November 2, 2009 at 11:06 PM

You press the left on this and the standard response is that “We were only JOKING!”

Weird sense of humor.

GarandFan on November 2, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Lighten up. As previous posters have mentioned, it’s making fun of Beck-haters, not Beck himself. It’s called irony. Typically that is only lost on the puffily self-important.

Bascially, Allah, you suck. Everything you say is wrong. Just . . . everything.

voxpopuli on November 2, 2009 at 11:23 PM

mizflame98 on November 2, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Lame to quote a 1998 article about how tasteless they’ve been “lately.”

voxpopuli on November 2, 2009 at 11:26 PM

My sister was killed in a car accident. What morons! And then throw his religion in on it too. I’m disgusted. Liberals really are a scary bunch, arent they?

WyoMike on November 2, 2009 at 11:44 PM

I thought of that, and it’s a convenient excuse, but I don’t buy it. The joke, pure and simple, is that Beck is so much more loathsome than most people that it’s unfair that he prospers while they don’t. They tossed in the death angle to drive the point home.

Allahpundit on November 2, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Why is it that you over-analyze an Onion piece and read into it all sorts of ‘evil’…yet you give Obama’s Dover trip the benefit of the doubt?

Anyways, I took it as a jab on Beck haters, not on the Onion hoping Beck dies. Sadly, it wasn’t funny at all which actually surprises me because the Onion is usually good at this sort of stuff.

LiquidH2O on November 2, 2009 at 11:47 PM

I recently received a status update by a lib co-worker who said they had a dream that Sarah Palin was dead and was disappointed when they awakened to see that it wasn’t true. This is someone who is one of the pastors of a home church. Glad I opted not to involve myself with a church that is supposed to represent Jesus on this earth. How “loving” is that? While I don’t normally anticipate finding love among humorists, especially lib humorists, I do expect a boundary or two. What am I saying???? There are no boundaries anymore. Letterman and his jokes about Sarah Palin’s young daughter and some NY Yankee, this about Glenn Beck, and again with Letterman capitalizing on his dalliances backstage at CBS: I surely do miss Bill Cosby even with his latter day lapse into race bating.

Driefromseattle on November 2, 2009 at 11:48 PM

veteranoutrage on November 2, 2009 at 9:42 PM

There are many of us that have your back and are sick of these liberal wacko’s. Payback time is comin. Kickass and take names, no quarter given.

flyoverboy on November 2, 2009 at 11:57 PM

LiquidH2O on November 2, 2009 at 11:47 PM

My impression as well. Many commenters are willfully ignoring this obvious interpretation, I think, because they like the feeling of victimhood. It’s totally unbecoming of conservatives to act this way.

year_of_the_dingo on November 3, 2009 at 12:23 AM

What has McVeigh to do with the “tea-party” movement?

He was an angry, uneducated zero. He’s be your king!

simplesimon on November 2, 2009 at 9:11 PM

This is a nouveau-Godwin moment encapsulated here.

The first one to mention Tim McVeigh becomes transparent.

Rampantly.

profitsbeard on November 3, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Incidentally, where’s the outrage at another Onion video piece, in which the LA Clippers along with thousands of their fans died?

year_of_the_dingo on November 3, 2009 at 12:29 AM

year_of_the_dingo on November 3, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Have you tried here?

Jim Treacher on November 3, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Accurate numbers are necessary. Libs KNOW he killed someone somewhere because of his rhetoric. You know…

False but accurate a la Dan Rather

Liam on November 2, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I thought he raped someone….

Tim Burton on November 3, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Hmmm. Now that was just wrong, tasteless any way you look at it.

thegreatbeast on November 3, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Maybe I’m just too inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I thought this clip was making fun of the irrational hatred people have for Glenn Beck.

Daggett on November 3, 2009 at 1:26 AM

LiquidH2O on November 2, 2009 at 11:47 PM

I see someone else thought the same thing. Yeah, it wasn’t funny even if it was poking fun at Beck haters, and maybe that’s the real problem.

Daggett on November 3, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Where did Beck threaten anyone’s life? Did you watch the video or just read the fake headline? There was nothing about poison in the video.

And are you sure Secret Service investigates threats against members of congress? Or is that just some assumption?

blink on November 3, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Except the part where he mentions poison… Or did you not watch the whole video? The Secret Service doesn’t protect members of Congress, but it was Dark-Star who suggested contacting them.

I don’t think Glenn Beck seriously wants to poison Nancy Pelosi. Nor do I think The Onion seriously wants Glenn Beck to get in a fatal car accident. To get upset about either is silly (especially when in reality it was making fun of people who dislike GB, not actually attacking him).

jonknee on November 3, 2009 at 1:56 AM

I think the joke was that the some people hate glen beck that much

tlynch001 on November 2, 2009 at 10:21 PM

I think you are right, but they crossed a line. As a fan of most of the Onion’s videos I am dissapointed by this one, it’s too crude. But it’s not the first time either. Though most of the Obama ones are hilarious and the Supreme Court one form a couple years ago still makes me LOL.

HotAirExpert on November 3, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Not funny ..and the Onion often is. I dislike Beck but this is just tasteless. The veteranoutrage stuff is also tasteless comedy.

lexhamfox on November 3, 2009 at 3:05 AM

I clicked on this, thinking that it wouldn’t be as bad as people were making it out to be. I’d seen that case before, there would be part of the joke that people didn’t get because it chafed against their politics. Well it must be my politics as well, because I am aghast that any group as talented as the Onion have been, produced anything this hateful.

If they would have stuck to the idea that Glenn Beck’s screeching can be mistaken from somebody screaming in agony, that might have been funny, perhaps. I mean the idea of a police officer saying that his job was to see that somebody wasn’t in agony or that it was Glenn Beck (not in agony) might have been funny. But I think the writers just vented all their hatred once it got rolling, and they launched into slurs on his failures of his past, his physical traits, as if piling on were somehow “funny”.

All I’ve got to say is that with all the companies going out of business, why can’t one be the Onion? With all the people losing their jobs, why can’t it be the spiteful blight who wrote this not funny piece? (Or would be funnier if I wished death on them!)

Axeman on November 3, 2009 at 3:46 AM

Daggett on November 3, 2009 at 1:26 AM

It may have been–and I thought the SNL sketch they did about Mr. Palin molesting his daughters was more obviously a satire about the press–but still found it in bad taste. If you have to go that far, you should think about whether the message is clear and whether or not the remaining bit is funny!

I think it’s just the fact that when I see this from people who seem to have a good sense of comedy–and I see no sense of humor at all–I have to think it’s because some part of it is a personal blindspot. The repetition in the signs and from everybody, and the way that not one bit of it was funny, told me there was little sophistication in its concept it was just venting from a petty mind.

Again, I actually think the SNL Palin sketch was about the press, was funny in parts, tipped it’s hand more, and still did not show enough consideration to the Palin family to be worth its time. I would think the same thing about a sketch where Rush Limbaugh is accusing Obama of molesting his little girls, no matter how winking it was, or how many good lines they used.

These are real people and you cannot bemoan the crude level of politics when people are putting out unfunny scenarios like these.

Axeman on November 3, 2009 at 4:00 AM

I fail to see any movies being made titled,

” The assassination of Barack Obama ”

how do you explain that simpleass?

Im sure you would defend such a work wouldnt you?

How quickly some forget their own acts.

Sonosam on November 3, 2009 at 4:06 AM

When leftist wish you dead, it means you are doing the right thing. The thing with leftists is, they could never do anything themselves, they run like deer when you confront them on anything. Leftist can only manage to do in the old, the infirm and the unborn…BECAUSE LEFTISTS ARE COWARDS.

nelsonknows on November 3, 2009 at 4:06 AM

Wait some dem shill is on this site suggesting that because Beck made a cut-off reference to putting poison in a Pelosi-facsimile’s drink–something that takes up 1 second at most–that it’s equal to several minutes of people bemoaning it’s not Glenn Beck who’s dead?

It’s not like Beck said he “wanted” to poison Pelosi–and didn’t complete even the “joke” that he put poison in it.

This is the liberal idea of equivalency: You make a joke which you think better and cut off–and we run several minutes of people wishing you dead -> equivalency.

Fox News person talks about “tea bag protests”, a CNN anchor makes a reference to “teabagging” and MSNBC goes on and on about “teabagging”, Fox “used the phrase” first. (However “tea bag” is a noun referring to a common object that some were wearing, some were throwing, some were mailing as protests, and the verb “to teabag” has only one meaning.) Equivalency.

Axeman on November 3, 2009 at 4:29 AM

This was not even mildly amusing. Plus they use the words “Morman” and “fat” as epithets, really disgusting. I guess there is no requirement for “funny” anymore

georgealbert on November 3, 2009 at 5:36 AM

I get this. It IS funny, showing just how obsessed the media and liberals are with Glenn Beck. Yes, to the left and our left media, it is a tragedy that any victim is not Glenn Beck, their hatred is so vitriolic. And Onion is making fun of that.

I’m sorry, but as satire, it is funny, showing the true spirit of liberals.

pelajus on November 3, 2009 at 6:13 AM

Aren’t these the guys who invented the term, “hate crimes?”

Don L on November 3, 2009 at 6:36 AM

I interpret it as bashing Beck, but bashing state-run-news for it’s obsession with hating Beck.

petefrt on November 3, 2009 at 7:33 AM

I interpret it as NOT bashing Beck, but bashing state-run-news for it’s obsession with hating Beck.

petefrt on November 3, 2009 at 7:33 AM

More coffee, please.

petefrt on November 3, 2009 at 7:45 AM

For decades we have witnessed the tolerant liberals/Left tell us how important it was to be tolerant, nice, be willing to see the other side.

Well, the other side [Left] is consumed by the most hateful intolerance one can imagine.

Yes, hate.

All we [the Right] want is to be left alone by government, be allowed to work with our hands and our minds to produce a product or service that provides us with a living, to give to persons and causes as we see fit, not as government dictates, to have a stong national defense to insure to our posterity the blessings of liberty endowed to us by our Creator and our Constitution, and to have the ground set in this nation so that all who aspire to greatness, and even aspire to just be independently getting by, can do so without fear that the fruits of our labor will be confiscated by government and those who would strive to take from us what we have produced without compensation.

Is that too much to ask?

Apparently so.

I have been called some of the most vile things since last summer because I refuse to fall on my knees and praise Obama.

And today, the Obama Administration and this Congress seeks to take from me what I have worked to achieve so that others may benefit from my labor not their own? And to take from my kids, and their kids as well to pay for “free stuff” for those who survive solely at the teat of government.

Of that, I am pretty damn intolerant.

coldwarrior on November 3, 2009 at 7:46 AM

maybe I will be allowed someday to wear my uniform again.
veteranoutrage on November 2, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Thanks for putting it on just once!

Dollayo on November 3, 2009 at 7:49 AM

elfman on November 2, 2009 at 10:15 PM

LOL

Proud Rino on November 3, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Finally was able to watch it this morning:

year_of_the_dingo on November 3, 2009 at 12:23 AM

I’m leaning this direction. It was sufficiently over the top to warrant a second look…that isn’t to say the subject matter wasn’t in poor taste (as a lot of comedy people in this thread LIKE probably is) but I question whether it wasn’t a social commentary aimed at Beck haters, rather than the Onion’s personal object of loathing.

I also hate the victim mentality in conservatives. It’s such an ugly color on us…

Diane on November 3, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Great new conservative blog is any are interested:

ArmyAunt on November 2, 2009 at 7:57 PM

That site has been around a while. It is just going through a “face lift” of late. This site was founded as a “refuge” for victims of selrahC s’nosnhoJ banning stick and is actually beconing very successful on its own merit.

A good deal of the talent and personality that once made LittleGreenFootballs a relevant and “must read” blog now have a voice in Blogmocracy

For more info Google: LGF, Major Failure, and “Charles Johnson is a punk”

Harry S on November 3, 2009 at 8:00 AM

petefrt on November 3, 2009 at 7:33 AM
More coffee, please.

petefrt on November 3, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Hors**t. The Onion, founded in The People’s Republic of Madison, is the acme of the proto-typically self-impressed college/grad student’s sense of ironical humor.

Anyone who posits otherwise is surely a member of that juvenile, never-worked-for-anything tribe that is completely sure that the “Rethugs” are simply too stupid to “get it.”

You can argue with this sort if you like, but I’ve found it to be much more gratifying to simply knock them down in front their homely girlfriends.

Doorgunner on November 3, 2009 at 8:03 AM

Doorgunner on November 3, 2009 at 8:03 AM

Um. That was hilarious.

Diane on November 3, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Doorgunner on November 3, 2009 at 8:03 AM

Haha, and yet it’s always you guys comparing Democrats to Nazis. Because I’m pretty sure “Physically assaulting political opponents instead of engaging them in debate” was a thing the Nazis did pretty often.

Proud Rino on November 3, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Proud Rino on November 3, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Boo-freaking-hoo. And thanks for the paycheck.

Doorgunner on November 3, 2009 at 8:13 AM

How did so many of you, AP included, miss the mark on this parody?

Fer cripes sake…I just watched it now, and immediately thought it’s a parody of how other cable outlet hate Glenn Beck. It’s like something you would see on MSDNC.

I’ll bet Beck laughs about it and puts it on his show.

JetBoy on November 3, 2009 at 8:14 AM

I totally got it.
It could have esily been produced by Beck himself. I could see him putting something like this together. I love the fact that self-depricating humor that he has.

Pcoop on November 3, 2009 at 8:15 AM

veteranoutrage on November 2, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Been where you have been.
G

You’re one of us, and we’re part with you.

Maybe that’s not much but I’m giving to you all I have.

Liam on November 2, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Introducing the 2 biggest dopes on the internet! Congratulations to you both!

simplesimon on November 3, 2009 at 8:18 AM

To be a democrat is to be what??? …. a liberal thinker? … one who honers others’ opinions and ideas? … Someone who wishes people who don’t think like them will die in a hideous ball of flame while making light of the person who really did die in that crash? … I think we all know it’s the later, don’t we?

Bert Convy on November 3, 2009 at 8:23 AM

it’s the Onion-who cares?

Metro on November 3, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Introducing the 2 biggest dopes on the internet! Congratulations to you both!

simplesimon on November 3, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Come on, now. That’s a little harsh; especially when there’s this guy on the web:

Doorgunner on November 3, 2009 at 8:42 AM

Onion picks on everyone. This Hillary one is pretty good too.

Jeff from WI on November 3, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Really, Allah, did you seriously object to this? It’s hilarious. The target is the Left, not Beck. It reminded me a bit of “Animal Farm” and the cry “Snowball did it.”

MaxMBJ on November 3, 2009 at 8:46 AM

What has McVeigh to do with the “tea-party” movement?
He was an angry, uneducated zero. He’s be your king!
simplesimon on November 2, 2009 at 9:11 PM

The only one that ever mentions this spawn of Hell is you, Deb. You must have a pin-up of him in your bedroom. You are a bitter woman. I pity you.

kingsjester on November 3, 2009 at 8:50 AM

The Onion is left leaning and usually funny, certainly more so than Colber or Stewart or SNL. The problem with those shows is they can’t control their liberal bias and get too cynical or go too far and this could be what the Onion is suffering from. They have talent, but it seems like the large number of liberals writing for them lost their sense of reality because so few conservatives were there to speak up and this hate piece is what they come up with. It’s pretty damn disgusting and just not funny. If this is any indication of where the Onion is headed, it will be a sad tale of yet another comedy show pushed off the deep end by the true nature of liberalism.

Daemonocracy on November 3, 2009 at 8:55 AM

I watched it again because it occurred to me that maybe they were poking fun at the media itself for wishing it were Glenn Beck dead (which still would have been out of line) but nope, they really were making fun of Glenn Beck tragically dying. I could find this sort of “comedy” in the comments section of Kos, HuffPo, LGF or Politico.

Daemonocracy on November 3, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Come on, people. Don’t over-analyze Onion’s parody, irony or sarcasm. In the only proper analysis, it’s comedy. It is either funny. or not.

Don’t hate me because I laughed my ass off.

(And I love Beck.)

BigAlSouth on November 3, 2009 at 9:04 AM

They’re making fun of the ignorant libs who obsese on Beck. It’s comedy. It’s funny. Get over it. Not being able to see the fun in this is a direct derivitive of what’s wrong with the conservative movement. And exactly why it will remain a minority movement. Lighten up people. The indy-tards will see the fun in this. The libs will be laughing their azzes off not knowing The Onion is goofing on them. Whilw they’re bent over in laughter you can slam them upside the head. The only good lib-tard is a dead lib-tard.

Griz on November 3, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Don’t hate me because I laughed my ass off.

(And I love Beck.)

BigAlSouth on November 3, 2009 at 9:04 AM

I did too..LOL I don’t know if people are used to the Onion brand of comedy. It started in Wisconsin. I’ve read their newspaper for years. If you don’t know what’s going on, I’m sure many people thought their newspaper was a real newspaper. Same with their “news” network. Lefty, sure, but they do seem to get around to dumping on both sides, and they do have the “Beck Hatred” White House/MSM schtick down pretty well.

Jeff from WI on November 3, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Seriously, watch this one!!

They attack both sides!

Jeff from WI on November 3, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Here’s one about Obama:

Jeff from WI on November 3, 2009 at 9:24 AM

I’m afraid of that woman playing the role of the mother.

I hope this will not actually happen to her: A tragic accident of her existing children.

BEWARE WHAT YOU ACT FOR!

TheAlamos on November 3, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Here’s one about Obama:

Jeff from WI on November 3, 2009 at 9:24 AM

We’re talking of “death of a living person” here.

It’s incomparable. You can say anything you want about a person’s political beliefs … but insinuating that he is worthy of a tragic death will never be comprehendable.

What if ONN makes the same kind of parody about Obama, Hillary Clinton, or even Joe Biden? TRAGIC DEATH?

NO. Even if I totally disagree with Obama’s policies and programs, as a Good Human Being like the rest, thinking such a script like that is a horrible thing to do.

TheAlamos on November 3, 2009 at 9:38 AM

That’s Hilarious!!!

elfman on November 2, 2009 at 10:15 PM

The Onion started in Madison, WI, you know, the “Moscow On The Mendota”,(it’s on Lake Mendota) hardly a right wing outpost I’d say.

Jeff from WI on November 3, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Lol. You guys were clamoring over Onion articles/videos before but when they attacked one of your guys you guys are insulted.

Also yes The Onion originated out of Madison, WI where I used to live which is actually thought to be the most Liberal place in the united states. Great City. Constantly listed as one of the best places to live in the country.

Norvell on November 3, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Is it me, or is ONN making fun of the MSM for their desire to see bad things happen to Glen Beck? I don’t think ONN is wanting to see Glen Beck hurt. I think they are making fun of the other networks who seem to wish harm to Glen because he has made himself relevent at FOX news!

jazzy357 on November 3, 2009 at 10:24 AM