Scozzafava endorses Democrat in NY-23

posted at 4:15 pm on November 1, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Doesn’t this prove the point conservatives had been making about Dede Scozzafava all along?

One day after she suspended her own campaign and declined to publicly endorse either of her opponents, Republican Assemblywoman Dede Scozzafava has formally announced her support for Democratic candidate Bill Owens. …

This isn’t a huge surprise. According to the Watertown Times, Scozzafava, who is angry about the indignities she suffered at the hands of Conservative nominee Doug Hoffman, was quietly encouraging her supporters yesterday to support Owens.

In addition, her labor leader husband, Ron McDougall, issued a late-night endorsement of Owens via a statement released by the AFL -CIO, which signaled the start of a labor wave moving from Scozzafava’s camp to Owens’ side. This could prove critical when it comes to the GOTV effort.

Uh, sure, as if that 19% or so that backed Scozzafava in the race included a “labor wave”.  The union voters were not going to back the Republican in this race, outside of McDougall and a few of his buddies.  They’re already behind Owens, even with the Card Check-supporting Scozzafava in the race.  Why wouldn’t they have already wanted to give Nancy Pelosi another caucus vote?

There are two ways of looking at this.  Either Scozzafava doesn’t mind throwing Republicans under the bus for a little dog-in-the-manger revenge, or she’s a lot closer in policy to the Democrat than the conservative candidate.  Neither of those commends Scozzafava, nor the county party leaders who handpicked her to replace John McHugh.  In fact, it makes it clear that conservatives were right all along to point out Scozzafava’s unsuitability for the endorsement — and should result in replacing the GOP bosses in NY-23 who bungled it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 9

I’m merely suggesting that Dede was on the verge of a real good gig and got screwed by the party she gave her life to.

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Dede & Hillary Clinton have alot in Common don’t they?

portlandon on November 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Yo my main man Ted; are you as pissed off as I am?

This could be a good thing though for the veil has been lifted ; we now know what a Donk in Rino clothing looks like.

Its open season, happy hunting.

Geochelone on November 1, 2009 at 3:54 PM

‘sup geo. Been a while.

Yep, I’m po’ed on this one. It stinks all the way around but I’m confident Doug will come out on top. I sent him a few bucks, FWIW, buy a sign or two. However, this thing is going to be big and it’s a gun to the head of every RINO–either change their stripes (doubtful) or have their scalps taken. Dede is getting stuffed for the grille of the Tea Party Express bus right now. Either that, or her face with a line through it is going on the fender, kinda like they did with bombers in WWII>

RINOs=doomed

ted c on November 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Dede Soupsandwichsanger

fourdeucer on November 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I agree with others – this will backfire on FuzzyScuzzy.

Philly on November 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM

At the rate things are going, it would appear that Owens is the more Republican of the two (Owens and Hoffman) – oh, that must be the inner Glenn Beck speaking through me…

MeatHeadinCA on November 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Frum and the other RINOs are secretly pulling for Owens too.

mankai on November 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I guess the biggest problem is that the system itself rewards corruption. Politicians act in their own best interest and it’s in their own best interest to skim off the top as much as possible, please the corporations, and have a job when they get out of office. Conservatism doesn’t provide these perks, therefore it will be practiced less often.

The Calibur on November 1, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Well said. Maybe I am naive, but I want to believe true conservatives can start to make a difference now that Americans are waking up to the fiscal mess our country is in today.

truetexan on November 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM

She screwed herself. The momentum against her candidacy began when her union thug husband called the cops on a Weekly Standard reporter who had the temerity to ask her a question. And lying to the police and press about what happened didn’t help matters.

So if anyone f’ed herself out of this House seat, it was Scuzzy-fever. The GOP f’ed themselves when they backed this loser in the first place. Luckily for them, they could very well be bailed out of their own stupidity on Tuesday by the true conservatives who all along saw this backstabbing lib for what she really was.

Doughboy on November 1, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Let me be clear that I have no real sympathy for Dede. I’m pleased that she’s making life difficult for the carpetbagger Conservative, and I’m vaguely sympathetic for someone who’s punched the clock year in and year out and didn’t get the promotion she was waiting for (as I would be for a mechanic who didn’t get promoted to manager or any similar situation). But I’m mostly just happy to see Dede’s bitterness at being screwed work itself out publicly in a way that may hurt the Republican Party. I hope she’s the start of a trend.

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM

What does the great minds of Newt, the RNC,Huckabee,and the rest of the wizards of smart say now? Hu what,s that you say the silence is deafening.

thmcbb on November 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Not only was the GOP ‘leadership’ wrong in judging her qualifications as a Republican candidate…they are proving to be lousy at basic politics.

AUINSC on November 1, 2009 at 3:28 PM

well allowing a hockey mom with a laptop run circles around you should have been the first clue

unseen on November 1, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Ahhh, but this isn’t just ANY hockey mom with a laptop!

This is an EXCEPTIONAL hockey mom with LOTUS!

gary4205 on November 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM

terryannonline on November 1, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Lieberman wasn’t running against McMain in the same race.

Jim Treacher on November 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM

bleeds blue is a QUEER

ousoonerfan15 on November 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Absolutely!!

Good move Newt.
Any more bright ideas.

Baxter Greene on November 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I hope she’s the start of a trend.

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Nope. She couldn’t even start that trend. That trend goes back to Specter. Give credit where credit is due…

MeatHeadinCA on November 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Or McCain, even.

Jim Treacher on November 1, 2009 at 4:07 PM

SARAH PALIN WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
katy on November 1, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Howard Johnson is right!!!!!!
WWWrrruurr-wrrr!!!

Tom_OC on November 1, 2009 at 4:07 PM

To every chairman who voted for her as the nominee:

Resign. Now.

Speedwagon82 on November 1, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Fat, stupid whore…
KSgop on November 1, 2009 at 3:42 PM

cucking funt
exsanguine on November 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Well ain’t that cute. Looks like we got us some o’them l’il Mobys what come around an’ try to make us look all stewpit an’ mouth breathin’ and the like.

Aww, too bad you got all called-out an’ stuff.

Gilda on November 1, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Time to hear from the brilliant and visionary Newt.

“Neither of those commends Scozzafava, nor the county party leaders who handpicked her to replace John McHugh.”

You have a gift for understatement. This is a national scandal. But gird yourself for a year of this in one degree or another. Detoxifying ourselves from sick Rinos and the poisonous leftists they enable is going to be brutal.

rrpjr on November 1, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Newt has been a joke for over 10 years. Why he kept getting conservative kudos for so long is beyond me.

Speedwagon82 on November 1, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Because of the ’94 elections. He got punch drunk afterwards.

ddrintn on November 1, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I hope she’s the start of a trend.

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Yep, lefties who try to run as Republicans should be on the lookout.

Jim Treacher on November 1, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I guarantee you one person who is going to pull a Dede down the road is Bill Crist. If he doesn’t pull a Specter before.

Marcus on November 1, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Typical dumba$$ Democrat… people should be awarded with positions they are necessarily prepared for because of seniority… Yeah, I’m sure the Founders envisioned a government full of people who get to serve as a reward for part loyalty.

That’s how the Politburo functioned… oh yeah, that’s probably your dream system.

mankai on November 1, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Scuzzy’s a baby killer, of course she’ll back another baby killer.

Jeff from WI on November 1, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I’m sure Kathy Bates will be cast as Dede Scozzofava in the Lifetime Channel movie Rino:the DeDeScozzofava Story. I wonder who will play Newt’s parts?

portlandon on November 1, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Typical dumba$$ Democrat… people should be awarded with positions they are NOT necessarily prepared for because of seniority…

typo

mankai on November 1, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I hope she’s the start of a trend.

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM

This will in fact END a trend. You’ll have to think about this for a bit I’m sure… take your time…

katy on November 1, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Margaret Sanger peace prize.

fourdeucer on November 1, 2009 at 4:11 PM

blatantblue – the only national disgraces are the socialist/marxisty democrats and their commisar Obama, the government school system that indoctrinates the likes of you, and you, the local representative of the national disgrace who can’t think for himself without democrat talking points.

Old Country Boy on November 1, 2009 at 4:11 PM

It’s not that bad i dropped off the radar a couple years ago and don’t share a penny with the state except for things i purchase(my version of flat tax)and besides i live in the snow belt and it’s just about time to go snowmobileing./Happy for your better day’s coming to VA.

heshtesh on November 1, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM

The trend you’re seeing isn’t something you should be cheering.

ddrintn on November 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Howard Johnson is right!!!!!!
WWWrrruurr-wrrr!!!

Tom_OC on November 1, 2009 at 4:07 PM

+100 for the Blazing Saddles Reference.

portlandon on November 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM

We’ll see where her support goes. Already seen info on the web to the effect that, pre-withdrawal, the support she had was as/more likely to go Owens than Hoffman.

Hard to believe much of it was ideological – like others have said, she was hardly hostile to Owens on policy – a lot more personal: she’s been involved in politics in the area for a long time and probably has a lot of friends (that’s certainly how she got the nomination). That type of voter – sympathetic to Owens politically, supporting Scuzzy from personal loyalty – isn’t going to break “Hoffman.”

The gymnastics the Raging Moderates will employ to blame this on conservatives will be interesting to see.

BD57 on November 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Now it is finally time to bring about the end of the Republican Party.

Mr. Grump on November 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Newt…Newt…Newt…

you look confused and disheveled.

Here, take this handkerchief. Wipe your brow.

Saltysam on November 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM

And wasn’t Newt just lecturing us all about “party loyalty” and how good Republicans should hold their noses and vote for Scozzafava because “the party” had chosen her and we all have to be party loyalists? I guess Newt’s party loyalty expectation doesn’t extend to actual GOP candidates themselves, just the useful idiots he takes Republican voters to be. Party loyalty, my ass, Newt. Your candidate just took your party loyalty and shoved it up your fat, bloated a$$.

Rational Thought on November 1, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Old Country Boy on November 1, 2009 at 4:11 PM

umm, I think you mean Bleeds Blue. blantantblue is a whole n’nother animal… dude.

katy on November 1, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Old Country Boy on November 1, 2009 at 4:11 PM

to which i reply

“interesting”

blatantblue on November 1, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I hope so too. I hope the trend of RINO’s dying a public death and taking Obama’s policies and folks down with them is the trend we see. Moreover, I hope the failed utopian hopes of all that follow these wiser-than-thou folks are demonstrated to be the frauds that they are. The country will be better off as this trend continues and freedom and liberty will prevail.

This is the pain of healing–removing the cancer. Consider it an exorcism–you Dems want her? Here, have her, she looks like most of your women anyhow.

ted c on November 1, 2009 at 4:13 PM

So far the only comment on this at The Corner comes from Mona Charen, who writes:

And I had been saying such nice things about her.

Uh, yeah, we know. That’s pretty much been part of the larger problem…

Kensington on November 1, 2009 at 4:14 PM

SARAH PALIN WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
katy on November 1, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Just what I was thinking katy-girl! All the hand wringing by the spineless about her endorsing Hoffman and what a stupid move it was……. Who looks stupid now jackballs! She was and is a lib through and through. As are about half of the GOP.

Purge-O-Rama time baby!

conservnut on November 1, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Who in the hell picked this POS to run as a Republican? Whoever did this should be run out of the party. Maybe next time, there should be a PRIMARY election so that these traitorous RINOs are screaned out.

BottomLine5 on November 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I hope she’s the start of a trend.

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I think more importantly, it’s a sign to the rest of the GOP.

Conservatives are fed up. They’ve spoken for a long time that the GOP must get it’s act together or they’ll eventually be abandoned by the conservatives.

That day is now. The Conservatives have begun to abandon the GOP. Steele had better turn this ship around or it will sink. The conservatives won’t vote for the lesser of two evils anymore… and they’ll do it at the expense of the GOP if they must.

The GOP must now become what it once was at the time of Reagan or face total annihilation.

Chaz706 on November 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Now it is finally time to bring about the end of the Republican Party.

Mr. Grump on November 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Nothing wrong with the party, and I’m still proud to be a Republican. I just want the dimwits and the RINOs out.

Kensington on November 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Makes Hoffmann’s victory on Tuesday even sweeter.

Ted Torgerson on November 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I feel validated. Rhino’s are liberal politicians that chose the Republican Party because it suits them, not because they suit it. When convienent, they will jump ship everytime. We don’t need them. Let them and the blue dogs start the third party.

MichiganMatt on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Now it is finally time to bring about the end REBIRTH of the Republican Party.

Mr. Grump on November 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM

FIFY

conservnut on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Now it is finally time to bring about the end of the Republican Party.

Mr. Grump on November 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM

I think they’re doing a fine job of self-imploding on their own…

MeatHeadinCA on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

She was nothing but a Democrat mole and now at least she’s been identified and rejected. I’ll pull for Hoffman but even if Owens gets elected we’ll know what is there and who he is. Scozzafava would have been nothing but a phony Republican doing the bidding of the left. I hope this is a wakeup call for Gingrich and the RINOs like Crist, Snow, Collins and Graham. Cleansing the ranks of liberal traitors is an important objective even if it costs a seat or two.

rplat on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I hope she’s the start of a trend.

katy on November 1, 2009 at 4:10 PM

The trend you’re seeing isn’t something you should be cheering.

ddrintn on November 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Clearly he didn’t take the proper time to figure out my point. Typical lefty. No thought. All emotion.

katy on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

bleeds blue is a QUEER

ousoonerfan15 on November 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I beg your pardon?

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

mankai on November 1, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Only vaguely sympathetic. Most of us have been blindsided by people we thought had our back at one time or another, so I understand her bitterness. But even my bleeding heart doesn’t bleed much for her.

The important thing is that there’s new momentum for candidates wildly outside the mainstream, which will hel us hold the House next fall. This is all playing out very well for the Dems.

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Rational Thought on November 1, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Newt’s biggest offense was saying that “because she had signed” something, that 1) she was going to be a vote against Pelosi 2) she was going to oppose Cap and Tax 3) she was going to vote against ObamaCare and 4) she wasn’t going to raise taxes. She is married to a union thug. Newt is dangerous because he was dead wrong on 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Marcus on November 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Kensington on November 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM

What is not wrong with the party? The fact that they still will sometimes LET conservatives caucus with them?

Republicans are turning into dem-lites. Even their “solutions” are mostly government remedies.

MeatHeadinCA on November 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Lesson learned by Frum/Etal: Conservatives are the problem.

Real Lesson: A Conservative Republican would have about 65% of the vote.

lorien1973 on November 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM

This is what happens in politics. After progressives ousted Joe Lieberman from the Democratic, he endorsed John McCain. These things happen. I guess politicians are human and take things personally.

terryannonline on November 1, 2009 at 3:58 PM

This is what happens when politicians don’t truly believe in the values and ideals of their own party.

HornetSting on November 1, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Why would anybody be surprised that Dede Scarfingfavabeans would endorse the Democrat? She is one, after all.

quax1 on November 1, 2009 at 4:18 PM

One word says it all:

INFILTRATION

BobUSMC on November 1, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Who’s to say that Scuzzywuzzywasabear wasn’t picked by the Whine House in the very beginning?

txag92 on November 1, 2009 at 3:37 PM

She was going to run as a Democrat having once run and been elected by the Working Family /ACORN Party. Then all of a sudden she is the Republican niminee after her good good friend throws it to her practically against the wishes of the rest of hte deciding committee…Yeah I see Soros Axelrod Emmanuel and Obama behind this..hell yeah I do! One big miscalculation on their part because now we are aware of the tatic they are going to try to use in 2010… If it hadn’t been for Michelle highlighting this and telling us about it to begin with and then Fred and the CFG balking and then Sarah delivering the big blow…their stategy might not have been exposed. So, either way Hoffman wins or loses (worried about vote fraud cause Obamam does not want to lose this one) We win anyway becaue we know what’s going to happen and we can prepare!

CCRWM on November 1, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Exactly the opposite. Hoffman with an R after his name has over 60% of the vote. Dede only has any support because of the R after her name.

The good news there for Dems is if the GOP keeps nominating liberal candidates.

lorien1973 on November 1, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I’m not surprised. She was going to support Obama anyway, and it appears that she was a Lincoln Chaffee Republican anyway-she would have eventually pulled a Specter on us. This basically looks like bitterness that the handpicked candidate of the back room couldn’t get her way.

victor82 on November 1, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Purge-O-Rama time baby!

conservnut on November 1, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Love that!

yup. By having one clear defined set of principles and standing true to them… it has a way of sifting out all the rot going on.
Palin stakes her claim, waits patiently for the dust to settle and always comes out on top! Amazing how that works.

katy on November 1, 2009 at 4:19 PM

T

he trend you’re seeing isn’t something you should be cheering.

ddrintn on November 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM

katy on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

No, you’ve got it backwards. It’s fine trend, one that we on the left will welcome. Have fun with your circular firing squads and remember what Pat Buchanan did for Bush Pere.

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM

This endorsement only hurts those indiviuals who are running for office that are Republican In Name Only. The lesson learned for all Americans is that if Newt Gingrich scrolls out any platitudes of the benefits of the “BIG TENT” again it is a strong indication that this persons platform needs to be vetted for their core principles, how they have voted in the past, what organizations are contibuting to their campaign, & what newspapers are speaking out on this persons behalf.

The RNC & RNCC did not do their homework or maybe they did and this is really what they want representing us. Is the GOP elite to be regarded as Republican In Name Only? Has the GOP left the core priciples of the Republican Party? We must follow the money. For now as in the past, money siphoned off to support candidates such as Scozzafava reflects not the ideals of a main stream big “R” Republicans but of a candidate with enough liberal tendancies as seen here with Scozzafava endorsement of Owens. Sadly for the RNC, RNCC, & Newt Gingrich (low foreseeable book sales is inevitable) this Scozzafava financial backing and endorsement will be their Waterloo — meaning that I won’t be surprised if the monies (donations)start drying up quickly. WE THE PEOPLE will be contributing directly to those candidates who have been vetted as aforementioned by Right wing bloggers. The elites of both the RNC & DNC can no longer be trusted to be forthcoming with all the accurate & pertinent information.

A revolutionary outlet who can build up their credibility by vetting those running for office across this land will be in high demand for the future of the big “R” republican party. These outlets who possess the will and tenacity to investigate all Repulicans running for office will be a valuable source and in high demand.

Michelle Malkin could make this happen along with Andrew Breitbart. I’m sure others will step up but resources must be channeled toward them & not toward the untrustwothy RNC, RNCC, & RNSC.

Americannodash on November 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM

“We are God’s partners in matters of life and death,” Obama

Dede is happy to announce her partnership with you.

fourdeucer on November 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM

First she breaks down crying and now she lashes out.

Exposed.

Saltysam on November 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Fat, stupid whore…
KSgop on November 1, 2009 at 3:42 PM
cucking funt
exsanguine on November 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Aww, too bad you got all called-out an’ stuff.

Gilda on November 1, 2009 at 4:07 PM

No shock here. This is how a lot of liberal men, and women feel about women. Especially when they don’t jive with their radical line of thinking.

capejasmine on November 1, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Pat Buchanan? Wow… that’s reaching.

MeatHeadinCA on November 1, 2009 at 4:21 PM

This is like the movie The Thing. You don’t know who is possessed by the alien and when you find out it explodes into a horrible monster……..JUST LIKE DEDE.

RobCon on November 1, 2009 at 4:21 PM

VINDICATION! thanks to Sarah!!

RobCon on November 1, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Let me be clear that I have no real sympathy for Dede.

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Hmmm, where have I heard that before. Seriously Blue, you have zero original thoughts, but actually parroting his exact Black Supremacist catch phrases is creepy.

ClassicCon on November 1, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

A few things about that, Bleeds Blue. A look at most polling on the issues will show you that people like Hoffman and Palin are clearly mainstream. Obama, Pelosi and Reid are fringe. That is playing out well for conservatives.

ddrintn on November 1, 2009 at 4:22 PM

sorry about the bad grammar…doing too many things and then trying to comment!

CCRWM on November 1, 2009 at 4:23 PM

So, Dede is having a bit of a tantrum eh?

mizflame98 on November 1, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Do you honestly believe that punching the clock year in and year out entitles you to something more than a paycheck?

chemman on November 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Still, she is a despicable woman when all is said and done. I wonder how many GOPers donated to her campaign only to see her cheerily thumb her nose at them and expect them to rally around her endorsement. Apparently she not only ran under a false banner, she has duped every Republican in her district who supported her…and she has done it blithely without a look back and with a lot of empty words attempting to explain it. How does one get to be so shallow and unprincipled. It must take years to perfect it so finely.

jeanie on November 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM

What is not wrong with the party?

MeatHeadinCA on November 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM

The fact that it already exists in a viable form, just waiting for conservatives to wrest control away from the RINOs. Third parties are losers, and trying to move in that direction right now would be self-destructive. Rather, we just need to take the GOP back.

Yes, We Can! :-)

Kensington on November 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM

More sad, sad news for the teabaggers. Is there anything that you CAN win? Whigdom awaits!

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Voters are done with following the party. They’re willing to screw the party if they can get what they want… and that’s exactly what happened.

Chaz706 on November 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Guess it is safe to say that DeDe is a RINO.

pilamaye on November 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Where is Newt hiding right now?

RobCon on November 1, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Lefties will say the extreme teabagger fascists in the GOP made her do this yadda yadda yadda.

Speedwagon82 on November 1, 2009 at 3:53 PM

With all due respect SW82, I could give a rats @ss what the lefties say, what bumble-butt-bleeds says or any other liberal moron taking up space on this thread. It’s like arguing with a jackass and expecting an intelligent answer.

The lesson has been learned here. Gingrich, and all others who have been soft-peddaling this big tent moderate crap has got to come to a swift end. Start a REAL vetting process to ferret out these parasites that pretend to be even close to leaning to the middle and build a strong coalition with a base that firmly states the goal of GETTING THE GOVERNMENT OUT OF OUR DAILY LIVES!

And stop wasting your friggin time arguing with wussies ad hominem misanthropes like butt-blue and the rest of the ilk in here that could care less how you feel about YOUR PARTY!

Rovin on November 1, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Bleeds, the trend of flushing out phony republicans and nominating true conservatives will strengthen the right and vaporize the house and senate dems. in 2010.

You stick to your doubledealing, underhanded trends and we’ll stick to flushing the crap down the toilet. Sound like a plan little one?

katy on November 1, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Dede is a RINO. Actually she does look a bit like a rhino.

RobCon on November 1, 2009 at 4:26 PM

We held our noses and voted McCain
And thus America began to dishevel.
Now we have learned and will never again
Vote for a RINO as the lesser evil.

If the people are so stupid they insist
on dictators to rule
I will no longer attempt to protect them
by voting another RINO or fool.

Bottom line: let the stupid people f*ck themselves. I’m voting conservative all the way, and I don’t care how many democrats get elected. I’ll be fine, because I’m NOT stupid. I’ve worked my whole life, have very little debt, and can always make enough money to survive on just fine, thank you very much. Y’all want socialism? Fine. If I get sick and die and I’m denied healthcare because I’m a conservative, whatev. I’m going to a better place and you’ll miss me when I’m gone, too, because you won’t have my substantial tax dollars anymore to line your cronies pockets with. Fine by me, a$$holes. You’re only hurting yourself, you can’t hurt me.

JustTruth101 on November 1, 2009 at 4:26 PM

What if she pulled out because internal polling showed much of her support would go to Owens? This looks like a calculated move.

Bulldogger on November 1, 2009 at 4:26 PM

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM

NY-23
Jersey
VA

Watch and learn. See you Tuesday little man.

katy on November 1, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Yes, We Can! :-)

Kensington on November 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Taking control from those running the party could be just a detrimental as starting a 3rd party (As handpicked Dede demonstrated). Any sort of reorganization of the GOP or founding of an alternate party could lead to temporary losses.

MeatHeadinCA on November 1, 2009 at 4:27 PM

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Hey simplesimon, why don’t you take the Grow Fins pledge? If Hoffman wins, you’ll never comment at this site ever again. Wanna go for it?

ddrintn on November 1, 2009 at 4:27 PM

This is all playing out very well for the Dems.

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Possibly in this race, but until Barack Obama is no longer the face and the force of the democratic party, not much will play out well for their side of the aisle. I’m convinced that he, by his mere presence, brings out the worst in people. i.e. Ms. Pelosi and Mr. Grayson. The craziness was simmering but has now officially been unleashed.

sherry on November 1, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Let me be clear that I have no real sympathy for Dede.

ClassicCon on November 1, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Yeah. He sends out the talking points every morning and I post them here. By the way, speaking of larger significance, whatever happened to those remarks that that ex-governor touted as “game changing?” Didn’t notice them here in the echo chamber…or anywhere else.

ddrintn on November 1, 2009 at 4:22 PM

That’s not the message the last election — the poll that counts — sent.

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:28 PM

The trolls must be smelling some kind of victory–they have re-appeared. We’ll see!

jeanie on November 1, 2009 at 4:28 PM

It\’s funny because Jazz Shaw and I talked about this yesterday on our Blog Talk Radio show. Jazz asked if she would endorse Hoffman and I said I doubted it because she was more ideologically in tune with Owens…..

LL

Lady Logician on November 1, 2009 at 4:28 PM

ddrintn on November 1, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I wish it was that easy to get rid of TrigTroofers…

MeatHeadinCA on November 1, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

You must be a clown if you think we actually want the House next year. We simply want to send the DINO’s packing and take back the Bush Districts in prep for 2012. The worst thing that could happen to us is for us to take back the House. Then the Regime Propagandists in the State Run Media would start to lay all of Obama’s catastrophic a$$-clownery at the feet of Speaker John Boehner, and he’s enough of a Beltway GOP’er to fall for the Obamist scam.

Nope. You neo-socialists get to run the whole show. The American people get to see the five spiral crash called “Democrats In Power”. They will see what happens when people who really think they are the smartest folks in any room try to run their country into the ground.

We will make absolutely sure that there can be no one but the Democratic Party to blame for the ongoing trainwreck in Washington (even Obama’s lapdog columnists are starting to get uncomfortable with all the incessant Bush-bashing). We will be just strong enough in the House and Senate to stop the NeoSocialist Eurotrash Personality Cultist in the White House from permanently damaging the country until Palin is elected in a Reagan-scale landslide.

victor82 on November 1, 2009 at 4:28 PM

ddrintn on November 1, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Why ever would I do that, race fan? Not everyone is as dumb as you ‘real americans’.

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 4:29 PM

She was a Democrat plant all along.
The Democrats have a few more more planted as Republicans…
double politicians, double spies.

centre on November 1, 2009 at 4:29 PM

SARAH PALIN WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
katy on November 1, 2009 at 3:54 PM

For those old enough to remember, let me paraphrase “Brother Dave” Gardner and what he said of the South:

Sarah might not always be right, but by God, she ain’t never wrong!

gary4205 on November 1, 2009 at 4:29 PM

This is all playing out very well for the Dems.

Bleeds Blue on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Short run maybe. Long run…. DISASTER!
Hoffman is going to take this one. Look at the stats. ;)

katy on November 1, 2009 at 4:29 PM

This isn’t about party bickering and what party is right. One only needs to look at a healthcare bill that will tax us to death and benefit 2% of society, a cap and trade that will terminate all industries, a Congress that spends more than we can afford, and a generation left with what? Limited freedom, endless debt, and government control. One part (Democrats and Republicans) believe that taking from those that work and giving to those who can’t fairness. These groups believe that government should control our lives by rewarding incompetence and laziness while punishing contributors of society. No, its not about which party should win but rather what is best for our nation, it’s about which party believes in our Founding Fathers and our Constitution. The only one that I see who believes in these tenets are the Conservatives (the real Conservatives). I would hope that those with blinders on will stop the name calling, the innuendoes, and see that what is happening to our nation is not the road to take. Anyone who believes in the contrary must not allowed to speak for us, but time will tell, and perhaps with the failure of education, the brainwashing of the masses through the media, it is too late. I pray not!

mistert1950 on November 1, 2009 at 4:30 PM