Quotes of the day

posted at 9:30 pm on October 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

“Sarah Palin, using her unique sense of timing, one week ago became the biggest name of in-prime party leaders to endorse Hoffman. Had she stayed on the sidelines, this contest could have played out in predictable fashion: Republicans stayed split and Democrat Bill Owens would have cruised to victory. Instead, by all appearances, the conservative revolt has succeeded. Even the national GOP — which had endorsed Scozzafava and was slamming outsider Hoffman as much as Democrat Owens — is now recognizing that district voters seem to flocking to Hoffman.

“Outside observers who want to dismiss Palin do so at their peril. But, there appears to be a reason that her basketball-playing nickname was ‘Barracuda.’ Recall she was the one who coined (or at least made viral) the phrase ‘death panel’ during the health care fight during the summer — forcing Democrats and the White House onto the defensive. Whether Palin is doing all this for PR purposes (her book comes out in three weeks) or being reckless in her political rhetoric, the fact is she is having an impact on the broader debate — and continuing to resonate with her party’s base.

“Mitt Romney? Not so much.”

***
“‘Conservatives will be energized to take back the Republican Party and moderates will be looking over their shoulders for the next year,’ said Brian Darling, director of Senate relations at the Heritage Foundation. ‘Moderate incumbents worried about the next election may have to tack to the right to avoid a primary battle.’…

“‘It clearly means populist conservatism is ascendant,’ said Craig Shirley, a Republican consultant and author of Rendevous with Destiny, a new biography of Ronald Reagan. Shirley said some Republicans should ‘say gentle prayers tonight’ and purchase a new copy of Barry Goldwater’s Conscience of a Conservative.”

***
“Nobody but us got it. Elected officials and GOP party insiders ignored us. With no support at all from within the ranks of establishment Republicans, the Tea Party movement has battled an unceasing barrage of lies and attacks from Democrats at all levels, the MSM and every entertainment industry lefty thought-barfer in America…

“The momentum arrow on the Right runs from the ground up now. Newt didn’t (maybe still doesn’t) understand that. Neither did (do) the GOP party operatives. Whether Doug Hoffman wins or loses is almost irrelevant at this point. What’s important is that the alleged party elite begin to grasp the New Republican Order and decide they might want to win future elections by backing the correct candidates from the beginning.”

***
“The trouble with that is this: There is hardly any guarantee whatsoever that this very-purified new party will be able to win elections and have any power, either. It is a fact that conservatives sometimes like to dismiss, but a good 40% of the country is liberal (I know they don’t call themselves that; but many people who claim to be ‘moderate’ are in fact liberal — you know that from reporters telling you so, and the thousand liberals you’ve encountered online purporting to be ‘moderate’) and another 20% is not politically principled and simply votes for whatever guy seem to be offering the most stuff at any time.

“The other 40%? Conservative, yes. In this landscape, it is doubtful that true, absolute conservatives could win many elections. Some here and there. But how many? Not nearly a working majority, I don’t think…

“I don’t know if Beck is bluffing in order to drive the party to the right. If he is, that’s not a bad exercise; Kos and his nutroots did that to the Democratic Party in 2004-2006, and that worked out all right for them.

“But if he really does mean it? If it’s not just rhetoric?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Ummmm…join the AP fanclub just so I can find you…then I will have another place we can talk….Upstater wants to talk to you, too!

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Tell me, step by step, how to do it.
I’m just a poor, dumb, eeeeevil Republican.

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Hoffman has to win at this point for this to really make an impact. If he loses, Newt and Co. will claim they were right all along.

changer1701 on October 31, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Not at all, our point/fight has already been made and won. Conservative candidates need to be put forward, fiscal and small government is the key.

bluemarlin on October 31, 2009 at 10:33 PM

If the canidate is not a leader and simply tries to buy their vote we as voters are not above to being bought but we will pick a true leader over the shiny prize everytime it is offered

I don’t know, I could use another Harley and if a pol offers me one for my vote, I might just do….ok ok even then I wouldn’t…but it would be tough on me.

Bishop on October 31, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Oh for crying out loud.

Allahpundit Fan Club.

Knucklehead on October 31, 2009 at 10:34 PM

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 10:28 PM

OMG! Funny stuff!

katy on October 31, 2009 at 10:35 PM

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Join the AP FB fanclub just so I can find you…that is the only reason….and I am in communication with Upstater85 who really wants to talk to you….

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I’m about to punch my monitor. Did you NOT see the Rasmussen poll this week? 40% of say they are conservative, 20% say they are liberal.

You are playing the Bill Clinton game. It all depends what “is” means. What, you think you will get away with it with a post that is all quotes?

njpat on October 31, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Oh for crying out loud.

Allahpundit Fan Club.

Knucklehead on October 31, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Holy crap! You look just like Alfred E. Neuman.
And Lox is there, too! He’s even got a last name!

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Early QOTD…Allahpundit must have a hot Halloween date. :-D

SouthernGent on October 31, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Maybe he’s going Trick or Treatin’. My guess is that he will go as Saracuda or MegMac. Decisions, decisions…..:)

Cody1991 on October 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Hey, Lady, if Sven got back in, how come Upstater didn’t?

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Well, this thread died. Where’s a troll when AP needs one?

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Oh for crying out loud.

Allahpundit Fan Club.

Knucklehead on October 31, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Holy crap! You look just like Alfred E. Neuman.
And Lox is there, too! He’s even got a last name!

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 10:37 PM

It’s like a secret society of Allah fans, Lance.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM

It’s not about that 40 percent – it’s about eliminating (or minimizing) that 40 percent through education. I’m not a huge Beck fan – but I just watched an hour long civics lesson by Beck in which contrasted the words of the Founding Fathers with the words of Liberals. I don’t see how anyone could watch that presentation and not be swayed by it … and immediately conclude that we’ve lost our way.

And I know Beck has a lot of viewers.

We can’t “moderate” the party folks – moderates are like Confederate General Joseph E. Johnston. Everytime we’re outflanked we’ll move left and backwards toward Atlanta. That is the way of the Tory Party in England friends … who have allowed the Socialists to move their party to the left to the point they are no longer the party of Thatcher.

And take heed from the Democrats – who have never had as much concentrated power as they do now – but who are unable to get their agenda passed. Why? Lack of ideological purity. What good is a majority if you can’t DO anything with it? This is the question that many liberals find themselves asking today.

We should not follow that example.

HondaV65 on October 31, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Maybe you belong with Arianna? The Huffpo is always looking for new hitmen boys.

njpat on October 31, 2009 at 10:42 PM

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 10:28 PM
OMG! Funny stuff!

katy on October 31, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Katy:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 10:42 PM

It’s like a secret society of Allah fans, Lance.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM

HornetSting: Its a New World Order,oh wait,that doesn`t
sound right!hehe:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 10:44 PM

HornetSting: Its a New World Order,oh wait,that doesn`t
sound right!hehe:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 10:44 PM

We prefer Queer as Folk. :)

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 10:46 PM

We prefer Queer as Folk. :)

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 10:46 PM

*snort*

Ah… My ex and her partner…

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 10:47 PM

We should not follow that example.

HondaV65 on October 31, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Well said!

bluemarlin on October 31, 2009 at 10:49 PM

I think Mitt needs someone to help him lick his wounds.

njpat on October 31, 2009 at 10:52 PM

It wasn’t long ago when people were trying to figure out who would benefit from the tea party movement. It appears, and it’s still too early to tell, that Sarah Palin may benefit from the tea party movement. Now, before anyone goes beserk, the reason she can do it and many others can’t is because she’s not trying. Sarah Palin has a moral core and principles, which many of our politicians don’t. She didn’t support Hoffman as a late-comer, she was the 1st to do so, because she felt it was the right thing to do. If she wins support of the movement, it’s because she has convictions, which I believe the people in the tea party movement respect more than anything.

Newt showed he had convictions too. His problem is the people in the tea party movement have seen where those convictions lead and they’re none too happy with what the Republicans did under Bush. Just because they put us a trillion less in debt than the Democrats, doesn’t mean we like it any better.

If anyone thinks it’s a joke that many McCain voters were willing to vote that way but thought the ticket should have been reversed, just watch what happens in the next few months. The Liberals and the media are going to go rogue when she starts her book tour and the tougher they are on her the more popular she’s going to be. It’s going to be fun to watch so enjoy yourselves.

bflat879 on October 31, 2009 at 10:53 PM

OK, my computer is warning me that I don’t have an antivirus protection installed yet.
Gotta log off, now. My computer geek is coming by tomorrow to finish the job. And my cat is crying. Later, liberal-baiters :)

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 10:54 PM

@Lanceman

Later

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 10:56 PM

We prefer Queer as Folk. :)

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 10:46 PM

HornetSting: OOOOHHHHHHHHHHH GAWD!!hehe:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 10:57 PM

I think Ace is right to a certain extent but I think he (and Allah) tend to overstate the need for such compromises. I personally think that a lot more of the country would be conservative if a candidate was willing to go out there and not just pander but teach. People live their lives in a conservative manner and almost everyone understands conservatism at a basic level.

Ultimately I think we just need to get a national conservative leader. We get that and he/she can lead the rest of the party in that direction and force even the squishier “moderates” in liberal districts to vote with us on the big issues. And I’m not just talking president, it could be a senator or congressman ala Pelosi or Gingrich.

Kronos on October 31, 2009 at 10:58 PM

mooseburger on October 31, 2009 at 10:18 PM

ditto

justltl on October 31, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Is it fair to say that Palin is the undisputed head of the “tea party” movement? It would appear that she just earned her stripes.

Amadeus on October 31, 2009 at 10:59 PM

I don\’t think conservatives should count their chickens before they hatch. One election does not make a \”take over\” of the republican party. They should use the momentum wisely and not rub it in the face of the elites within the party because the day will come when they WILL need them.Don\’t get me wrong…this is good, but Repubs have a way of really screwing themselves.

ramrants on October 31, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Whether Palin is doing all this for PR purposes or being reckless in her political rhetoric

It looks like Palin is the smartest politician in the USA.

Resigning as governor – no one will listen to a quitter, she will be irrelevant.

Death Panels – no death panels (oops we better take them out – the turning point in defeating Obamacare)

Endorsing Hoffman before it was ‘cool’.

Is there any doubt that she is the leader of the conservative movement politically speaking? (with all due respect to media voices Rush, Sean, Ann, Glenn et al).

She’s doing it because she is right and smarter than everyone else.

jerseyman on October 31, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I heard Ann used to do the water-skiing-show at Sea World /s

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM

She had to quit cause her blow hole got a fungal infection.

haha*

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:02 PM

She had to quit cause her blow hole got a fungal infection.

haha*

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:02 PM

This is hard to top!!! +infinity

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

bflat879 on October 31, 2009 at 10:53 PM

I mentioned in an earlier post, unlike most politicians, Palin doesn’t look for opportunities… she waits for them. There is a huge difference.

katy on October 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Ya, Reagan won that little one and that contract with America thing was not much either.

Johan Klaus on October 31, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I thought they both got back in but chose not to play with usins.

They were my homies. Someone go find them and tell them to come back in, the water is fine, ignore that dead sea world dolphin.

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Seriously, they got back in? Since when?

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I agree about staying inside of the party, but the moneyed interests will be exerting unprecedented pressure to keep this country under their iron fist. Even the most reasonable pro-people legislation, such as the Fed audit bill (HR1207), is being gutted by the inflators at the Federal reserve.

We need somewhere from 12-15% of this country to put overbearing pressure on our elected officials for radical transparency on the inner workings of government and ideally in their dealings with the special interests (Big Pharma, Bankers, Wall St, etc. etc.)

The Dean on October 31, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I heard Ann used to do the water-skiing-show at Sea World /s

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM
She had to quit cause her blow hole got a fungal infection.

haha*

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:02 PM

She was banned from the park when the entire sea lion section had to have penicillan shots.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 11:13 PM

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 11:13 PM

And since Sea Lions (illegal or legal) are not covered by the Evil Insurance companies, all the sea lions died.

If only we had listened to Ann and passed Socialized Veterinary Care.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Seriously, they got back in? Since when?

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I know Sven go back in. I talked to him over at Ace. He posted here a couple of times once he got reinstated but vanished after that. Maybe he is over at Ace.

Where are those dudes?

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:16 PM

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 11:13 PM

They got the pubic option, if ya know what I mean.

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:18 PM

If only we had listened to Ann and passed Socialized Veterinary Care.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Say NO to Sea Lion Death Panels!

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 11:20 PM

It’s just I am so sick of same old same old of the GOP and then I see RINO’s and the GOP base is in bed with them. Along comes a conservative and the GOP base nails him to the wall. With the hair on the back of my neck bristled I mail in a good amount of money to Doug Hoffman and he takes off after some GOP heavies give him the nod. Two days before the election Huckabee and Newt give him the nod like Doug really needed this backing. Or is it back stabbing in disguise. Politics politics it never changes does it?

mixplix on October 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Say NO to Sea Lion Death Panels!

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Is that like saying no to Ann?

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Where are those dudes?

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:16 PM

I saw Sven, but I don’t know if Upstater got reinstated. I miss him.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Contrary to Rasmussen poll that you posted the other day.

That is what people like about Palin, she is consistent.

njpat on October 31, 2009 at 11:23 PM

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Socialized DonkCare covers all mammals in the Universe, even trolls and illegal aliens. Read the fine print next time.

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Just not taxpayers or former taxpayers…

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Just not taxpayers or former taxpayers…

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:25 PM

I knew that. What about invertebrates? They might need to see a chiropractor for a bone implant. It’s so unfair to exclude them.

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:31 PM

And fungi?

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:33 PM

katy on October 31, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Katy that was great. Thank you.
It exactly why the teaparty movement is gaining strength because people are paying attention.

Gracelynn on October 31, 2009 at 11:37 PM

I saw Sven, but I don’t know if Upstater got reinstated. I miss him.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Yep. He was a good dude I thought.

The whole Kilgore thing pissed me off. Got any new stuff on Chuckles. Soon he will be netted and confined to padded cell, but until then any bit of info on the activities of his LGF chuckle hut would be comedy gold as he inevitably spirals into the maelstrom of insanity.

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Oh my things are getting dirtier in NJ, Corzine campaign worker gets popped for drugs – ABC reports and then scrubs the website.

njpat on October 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM

as he inevitably spirals into the maelstrom of insanity.

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Oh, I think he’s all ready for that padded cell. But, we’re not supposed to talk about it. Shhh. Don’t want to make the Hall of Fame over there.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

And fungi?

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:33 PM

fungis and fungirls too.

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

fungis and fungirls too.

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Ann is no girl…

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Just let me know when he reaches the Rainman (more idiot than savant) stage before the final melt down. I want to enjoy it in small sips.

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Ann is no girl…

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM

I thought she was yo lady.

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

I thought she was yo lady.

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Oh, that’s right.

Ann is me lady! HAWT one at that. RARARARAR

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

@Geochelone

Ann is open minded and
I’m sure she’s willing to try new things.
That’s what I need in a woman
*LOL

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Corzine & ABC busted…someone got a screen shot!

njpat on October 31, 2009 at 11:53 PM

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

I admit Trippy, in a girlish kind of way, can be alluring but she defines classification.

Domineering also can work that way. In fact anything goes. Were are guys.

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:54 PM

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:51 PM

So you have a certain position in mind?

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:55 PM

So you have a certain position in mind?

Geochelone on October 31, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Hmmm… maybe…

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

@Geo

Gotta make sure the fungal infection is taken care of though…

MeatHeadinCA on November 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Hmmm… maybe…

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Its OK we can dream. I will put in a good word for you next time she shows up. Us guys need to help each other out when dealing with the fairer sex. You know they can be fickle and coy and play mind games and stuff.

So I got your back bro.

Geochelone on November 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Gotta make sure the fungal infection is taken care of though…

MeatHeadinCA on November 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Fix that first.

You don’t want to have to wear a bio-hazard suit on the first date.

Geochelone on November 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Fix that first.

You don’t want to have to wear a bio-hazard suit on the first date.

Geochelone on November 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Yes, I know. I prefer to date in the buff… Think Ann will be up for that?

MeatHeadinCA on November 1, 2009 at 12:06 AM

MeatHeadinCA on November 1, 2009 at 12:06 AM

She is very progressive. Maybe she will find out if yo name “MeatHead” fits the bill.

Geochelone on November 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM

This has digressed into guess that Ann infection….
Vet Outrage let it all hang out on the Liz Cheney thread. Go over and give him a hand! He’s earned it.

HornetSting on November 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Geochelone on November 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Hehe

I’m taking Sting’s advice and going to stir the pot

MeatHeadinCA on November 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Too many are still lost in the wilderness

Newt said something like that, being lost in the wilderness that is, and that’s why he was supporting Dede. The party elders backed the candidate Dede. He was just dutifully following along. Like so many others, like Mitt and Newt, they follow, but do not lead.

Kini on November 1, 2009 at 12:20 AM

American Power tracked-back with, ‘Fright Night Political Post-Mortems From NY-23′.

Donald Douglas on November 1, 2009 at 12:23 AM

New York 23 teaches us that the republican party is dead. Unfortunately their party leadership doesn’t understand this, and continues to run their liberal candidates and call them conservative. If the democrats maintain control of the house in 2010, it will be becuase of the republican party leadership, not because of third parties. Stop trying to blame your party’s problems and corruption upon us. Your party is dead. If you can not for certain win in a given precinct in 2010, you need to get out of the way and let the people win what belongs to them. If you actually do this, we may allow you to caucus with us.

paulsur on November 1, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Sarah is already the leader of the TeaParty whether she wants to or not.

Sarah phoned Elizabeth Schultz of Watertown, N.Y. last week. They spoke for 20 minutes. Elizabeth is 912

oldyeller on November 1, 2009 at 12:36 AM

A special request, please, Allahpundit.

While I’m no Palin Kool-Aid drinker, but would love to have a quiet candlelight dinner with her, soft music and all — as would any man who doesn’t get pedicures or waxed, no offense — she brings far more than a pretty face to the table.

So I ask you, or pray thee (whatever), to stop putting that winking photo of her on the site.

Yes, it’s funny and cutesy, but it’s getting old and very un-HA. Let’s leave this kind of sophomoric stuff to Daily Kos or Huff Po where it belongs.

Pretty please.

TXUS on November 1, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Or she could just be saying what she believes to be true and living her values and convictions.

Perhaps that’s why she resonates with the party’s base? Just a thought.

NoLeftTurn on November 1, 2009 at 1:32 AM

No Hoffman does not need to win in order to for the grassroots conservative movement ( tea party ) to have made its point.

Aggie95 on November 1, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Maine?

Saltysam on November 1, 2009 at 2:31 AM

If Hoffman wins, it will be a HUGE victory for Palin.

Remember, at the time when she endorsed Hoffman, the two most recent polls had Hoffman as a distant third at around 23%.

And this is in a congressional district that voted comfortably for Obama less than a year ago.

Also worth noting, New York has not voted in a 3rd party candidate since Jim Buckley in the 1970s.

Norwegian on November 1, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Granted i could be wrong but i thought Hoffman was polling around 17-18% when Sarah endorsed him?

heshtesh on November 1, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Norwegian on November 1, 2009 at 2:32 AM

What is your take on our chances? I say it is a lock for us. More than 50% of Dede votes will go to Hoffman. I don’t see how we can lose but I haven’t been following things closely. You usually know what is coming down the pike.

Go Hoffman. Sprint to the finish line.

Geochelone on November 1, 2009 at 3:03 AM

After reading all of his stupid posts from the last couple of days, I’ve come to the conclusion that Allah is by far the biggest moron in the entire world.

MobileVideoEngineer on November 1, 2009 at 3:05 AM

I realize that if Mr. Hoffman doesn’t win the RNC will take that as proof that conservatives were wrong but I still believe the message has been sent and at least right now we still control our own purse strings.

Cindy Munford on November 1, 2009 at 3:16 AM

The only problem is the country is starting to shift. When people are out of work and the government is one big lie the people start to move back to their roots. Move back to what made this country great. When Sarah Palin was on TV her numbers were up. When politicians are on TV to much their numbers start to drop. Sarah Palin disappeared from TV and front our site and her numbers when down. There is just something about this woman that fascinates everyone. Maybe it is because she is a part of every one of us. She is a daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend, wife, grandmother, poor, struggled, rich, hated, loved, honored, trashed, pregnant daughter, disable child, child in the military, troubled family member, hunter, runner, fisherman, basketball player, sportscaster, mayor, governor, and VP pick. I probably missed a bunch. She was raised in the last frontier. Raised in front of a wood stove where she had to hunt and fish for food. “We eat therefore we hunt.” She was raised working with her hands and taught moral values. She was taught we live in a great country. She is one of us in one way or another. There is a storm brewing and I think GOD everyday that I am part of this time in history. I feel so privilege to live in the era of Sarah Palin. Do you understand? Do you get it?

oldyeller on November 1, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Well, this thread died. Where’s a troll when AP needs one?
MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Doesn’t need one. Allahpundit is auto-trolling, with the frequent liberal-moderate / ‘centrist’ nonsense.

rayra on November 1, 2009 at 4:10 AM

Cindy Munford on November 1, 2009 at 3:16 AM

I disagree with those who think it will be sufficient for Hoffman to come close rather than win. Hoffman has to prevail to make the events of the past two weeks significant.

Even as a Palinista I have always resolved never to compromise my intellectual honesty and perspective. A loss by Hoffman would be damaging to Sarah or the MSM would make it so and a definite setback for the conservative movement as seeks to gain its political sea legs while it makes plans to make its presence more pronounced leading up to the 2010 midterms and in the contests themselves.

technopeasant on November 1, 2009 at 4:43 AM

If Scozzafava was running in a traditionally Democratic district, I would say more power to her. A Hoffman can’t win someplace like Maryland or Vermont. But this district deserved a conservative. There is no reason all candidates have to imitate him if they are running in a very liberal district.

Speedwagon82 on November 1, 2009 at 4:54 AM

Speedwagon82 on November 1, 2009 at 4:54 AM

Understand your point but makes me feel like we’ll just be riding the carousel.

heshtesh on November 1, 2009 at 5:07 AM

Whatever Allah. Palin and the Conservatives ROCK big time.

That’s my band. PALIN AND THE CONSERVATIVES.

Our first single:

ROCK AND ROLL CONSERVATIVES 2010!

TheAlamos on November 1, 2009 at 5:22 AM

technopeasant on November 1, 2009 at 4:43 AM

Damaging … yes. IT WILL BE PAINFUL.

BUT PAIN IS ALL AMERICAN CONSERVATIVES NEED TO GET THAT ANGER THAT IS NECESSARY TO LAUNCH THE NEW AMERICAN REVOLUTION IN THE 21ST CENTURY.

WE WILL TAKE BACK AMERICA! WE WILL NEVER ONCE AGAIN FAIL OUR FOUNDING FATHERS!

GO! HOFFMAN! GO!

Whatever happens, you’ll have us and we’ll have you to FIGHT SOCIALIST STATISM OF OBAMA WRECK TRAIN!

TheAlamos on November 1, 2009 at 6:25 AM

You know, they always use the same pictures of Sarah. How about mixing it up with this one, this one, or this one.

Mix it up a little!!

deidre on October 31, 2009 at 9:54 PM

No kidding!

I e-mailed Allah this one. One of my favorites. Notice the bracelet.

Of course, my other favorite is this one.

This one is quite good. And if you don’t like this one, well…there is something wrong with you!

LOT’S of great Sarah Palin photos out there. I wonder if Allah even knows who the ‘Cuda was winking at!

gary4205 on November 1, 2009 at 6:29 AM

I’m a little surprised at Ace using this sort of reasoning. Reporters aren’t really known for their keen understanding of, well, anything; as for those liberals masquerading as moderates we encounter online, this is something of a hasty generalization. It’s highly doubtful that what we experience online is a representative sample of the general population. My sense is that people are far more conservative than they are credited, but I don’t have any data to back it up. And really, that is the problem–with competing polls, various election results and differences in interpreting them (not to mention, trying to interpret why people are not voting), and a media that doesn’t do its job, all we can do is guess. Some guesses will be better than others.

The GOP hasn’t run a conservative national candidate since Reagan. The first President Bush won on Reagan’s coattails, and was then turned out. The second President Bush arguably won because people were hoping he was a conservative, and they knew he wasn’t a Democrat (it helped that he was running against the insufferable Gore and even more insufferable Kerry). Senators Dole and McCain were admired for their war heroism, but that was not enough to get them elected. The fact is the GOP’s leadership flees conservatives at every opportunity, figuring conservatives have nowhere else to go.

GWB’s flippant “see you at the signing” disregard for the nation’s opposition to amnesty may have been a turning point, the last straw for conservatives sick of being the fall-back If-I-don’t-find-anyone-else-to-go-to-the-prom-with-I’ll-go-with-you date, and a wake-up call for those who didn’t like what was being forced on our country. And Hopey-Changey and his associates are even more alarming, which seems to be waking the sleeping giant within.

So, it is difficult to know how a true conservative will do on the national stage, based on the past 20 years of not having one (at least as the head of the ticket). But there are enough people in this nation fed up with the ruling, rather than representative, attitude in Washington that we may see there are more conservatives than originally thought. Remember, when Buckley arrived on the scene, conservatism was believed all but dead.

Sorry for the lengthy post–I couldn’t find a way to shorten it.

DrMagnolias on November 1, 2009 at 6:57 AM

Sarah Palin writes one Facebook message throwing some love to Doug Hoffman and all hell breaks loose.

The Far Left has their knickers in a twist and the GOP establishment and Palin’s perceived opponents (not Pawlenty)are scrambling to get on board before the Hoffman train leaves the station.

Sarah Palin is a woman that drives her opponents crazy; by the way when was the last time she was on American TV live and interviewed? I think it was right after she announced that she was resigning somewhere around the 5th or 6th of July when an array of reporters interviewed her after she got out of a fishing boat.

It really is unbelievable that this woman has had such a major impact on the American consciousness in the last 3-4 months without her face being plastered on every cable news show every week or two.

technopeasant on October 31, 2009 at 9:58 PM

As always, a great post!

I’m 50 years old, so obviously, I remember Reagan, my first vote for a President. Never in my lifetime have I seen anyone like Sarah Palin.

I do not want to sound all cultish. This isn’t about that. But you know all of the HYPE we were sold about Obama. The hopenchange malarkey? Sarah Palin IS what Barack Obama was supposed to be. (without the communism)

This is an amazing woman who was born to do this. She has a political instinct like no other person I’ve ever seen. And yes, that includes Reagan. But frankly, as she has studied him most of her life, she is simply an extension. Reagan’s spirit lives in her.

But there is more to it. Sarah has something that cannot be defined. But she has it in spades. She is a true leader and a true star.

Every time she does something I find myself more impressed, and yet telling myself it’s impossible to be more impressed, only to be even MORE impressed!

You know, when Obama won, I knew America was in for some dark and dangerous days. And he has not disappointed. But watching Sarah put on almost daily clinics has made life very interesting and has kept me from being depressed. She continually gives us something to cheer about. She continually wins. And when she wins, America wins!

BTW, look at this. The two BIG events were supposed to be the VA and NJ races. Those were the “barometers” the gauges. And yet, Sarah turns an obscure special election of little consequence into THE story. The only one that matters.

This is the woman who, mercifully, was able to knock Michael Jackson off the TV, just by standing out by the lake and giving a speech on the day before the 4th of July! A so-called “dead” news period! Michael Freakin’ Jackson!

Words will never be enough!

gary4205 on November 1, 2009 at 6:59 AM

Most people on “our” side still do not get it. The reason that democrats are able to win elections is because of the control of the lines of communication. These polls that are touted that say 40% of Americans are conservative actually say 40% describe themselves as conservative. The truth of the matter is that 90% of Americans actually are conservative but 50% of those have no idea what that means. They have been told all their lives that conservative equals ku klux klan and starving grandma. They either do not have the intellectual capacity, the time or the desire to look below the surface and understand. These people live conservative lives, raise their children with conservative values, complain about taxes, complain about government, complain about how the culture is going down the toilet. Then they turn on katie couric twice a month and she tells them it’s because of the republicans and that fits with what they have been told all their lives by their own parents and grandparents and by their teachers in school so it must be true. The republicans stopped fighting to get the message out along time ago and decided to play the democrats game, that’s why the country is in such a mess. That was part of the lefts gameplan, gets the republicans to play the game and the battle is half over. The current groundswell of conservative activism will not be defeated by the msm, hollywood and the democrats. If it fails it will be because those 50% of the people turn on katie couric twice a month and see people like newt and noonan and brooks talking us down. boehner and mcconnel and the republican leadership in congress has failed miserably and needs to go. Young guys like pence have to take the reigns. They are not afraid to get out there and get back in the face of the msm and democrats and tell the truth. The republicans have to produce cincrete bills that are vote ready and then they need to bring them to the American people. The leader of the republicans in both the senate and house need to tell their members that every single day they need to be out there pushing the these bils. They need to give a speech, go on a cable talkshow, go on talk radio, challenge the democrats in their districts to nonelection time debates and they need to do this every single day. Every member, somewhere every single day doing the job they were elected to do, representing the interests of the people who put them there. If they were lected because they espoused conservative values during the election they need to push for those in office. Anything else will be a violation of the trust the voters who elected them put in them. Even the 50% are starting to realize that something is seriously wrong in washington. Does anyone realy think that the American people will trust pelosi and schumer and barney frank over a passionate mike pence or any of the young conservatives in congress?

peacenprosperity on November 1, 2009 at 7:13 AM

The arrogant statements quoted above from the lead to this thread are the best example of how bullshit artists (liars) lie.

Please show me proof that 40% of the country is liberal. Oh I forgot, you get your info “from reporters telling you so,”.
The only person I meet on line purporting to be something is Allahpudit and his/her cronies. Excuse me while I puke.
My family will continue to send money to Palin and volunteer to work for her in Florida.

jarhead0311 on November 1, 2009 at 7:18 AM

We all need to question our senators and representatives about how they are spending their time. They go in late on Tuesday and quit for the week on Thursday afternoon. What the hell are they doing the rest of the time except improving their own business comtacts? We need to demand that if our guys aren’t coming home to the districts and telling us face to face what is going on then we better be able to turn on the radio or television and see what they are doing. We have a political class that is puts on a show to keep the masses entertained while they concentrate on what is relly important to them enriching themselves and cementing their power.

peacenprosperity on November 1, 2009 at 7:18 AM

Big news on the NJ Gov race front. Eric Dondero is covering it as well as anybody I’ve seen.

Libertarian Republican

Jason Shih was busted by New Jersey cops for possession of 19 blue star Ecstasy tablets and “hundreds of empty plastic bags” found in his car. He was pulled over for talking on his cell phone while driving. He stated that he was a member of Jon Corzine’s campaign staff. (One report calls him a “Deputy Dirctor). But the campaign denies that he’s a paid staffer.

He was pulled over in East Rutherford, “within 100 feet of Becton Regional High School.”

several tickets to tomorrow’s rally with President Obama at Newark’s Prudential Center were found in his car.

Also, the article notes that Shih admitted the car was “rented by the campaign.”

Mr Purple on November 1, 2009 at 7:22 AM

…actually I guess that was yesterday’s news. Sorry, didn’t see much about it until just now.

Mr Purple on November 1, 2009 at 7:24 AM

gary4205 on November 1, 2009 at 6:59 AM

The good news: once a Palinista (Palin supporter) always a Palin supporter. Nothing else matters including her poll numbers.

The bad news: There won’t be enough room on the bandwagon or Sarah Palin express to accommodate all the passengers once it gets rolling.

technopeasant on November 1, 2009 at 7:49 AM