Quotes of the day

posted at 9:30 pm on October 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

“Sarah Palin, using her unique sense of timing, one week ago became the biggest name of in-prime party leaders to endorse Hoffman. Had she stayed on the sidelines, this contest could have played out in predictable fashion: Republicans stayed split and Democrat Bill Owens would have cruised to victory. Instead, by all appearances, the conservative revolt has succeeded. Even the national GOP — which had endorsed Scozzafava and was slamming outsider Hoffman as much as Democrat Owens — is now recognizing that district voters seem to flocking to Hoffman.

“Outside observers who want to dismiss Palin do so at their peril. But, there appears to be a reason that her basketball-playing nickname was ‘Barracuda.’ Recall she was the one who coined (or at least made viral) the phrase ‘death panel’ during the health care fight during the summer — forcing Democrats and the White House onto the defensive. Whether Palin is doing all this for PR purposes (her book comes out in three weeks) or being reckless in her political rhetoric, the fact is she is having an impact on the broader debate — and continuing to resonate with her party’s base.

“Mitt Romney? Not so much.”

***
“‘Conservatives will be energized to take back the Republican Party and moderates will be looking over their shoulders for the next year,’ said Brian Darling, director of Senate relations at the Heritage Foundation. ‘Moderate incumbents worried about the next election may have to tack to the right to avoid a primary battle.’…

“‘It clearly means populist conservatism is ascendant,’ said Craig Shirley, a Republican consultant and author of Rendevous with Destiny, a new biography of Ronald Reagan. Shirley said some Republicans should ‘say gentle prayers tonight’ and purchase a new copy of Barry Goldwater’s Conscience of a Conservative.”

***
“Nobody but us got it. Elected officials and GOP party insiders ignored us. With no support at all from within the ranks of establishment Republicans, the Tea Party movement has battled an unceasing barrage of lies and attacks from Democrats at all levels, the MSM and every entertainment industry lefty thought-barfer in America…

“The momentum arrow on the Right runs from the ground up now. Newt didn’t (maybe still doesn’t) understand that. Neither did (do) the GOP party operatives. Whether Doug Hoffman wins or loses is almost irrelevant at this point. What’s important is that the alleged party elite begin to grasp the New Republican Order and decide they might want to win future elections by backing the correct candidates from the beginning.”

***
“The trouble with that is this: There is hardly any guarantee whatsoever that this very-purified new party will be able to win elections and have any power, either. It is a fact that conservatives sometimes like to dismiss, but a good 40% of the country is liberal (I know they don’t call themselves that; but many people who claim to be ‘moderate’ are in fact liberal — you know that from reporters telling you so, and the thousand liberals you’ve encountered online purporting to be ‘moderate’) and another 20% is not politically principled and simply votes for whatever guy seem to be offering the most stuff at any time.

“The other 40%? Conservative, yes. In this landscape, it is doubtful that true, absolute conservatives could win many elections. Some here and there. But how many? Not nearly a working majority, I don’t think…

“I don’t know if Beck is bluffing in order to drive the party to the right. If he is, that’s not a bad exercise; Kos and his nutroots did that to the Democratic Party in 2004-2006, and that worked out all right for them.

“But if he really does mean it? If it’s not just rhetoric?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

You\’re a glutton for punishment AP.

califdreamnred on October 31, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Early QOTD…Allahpundit must have a hot Halloween date. :-D

SouthernGent on October 31, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Early QOTD…Allahpundit must have a hot Halloween date. :-D

SouthernGent on October 31, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Yes, she is quite warm, especially now that her candidate dropped out.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Palin 2012!

gocatholic on October 31, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Allah’s ailin’ for more Sarah Palin!

Kaisersoze on October 31, 2009 at 9:37 PM

“Mitt Romney? Not so much.”

That name rings a bell, but I can’t quite remember….

FloatingRock on October 31, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Hoffman has to win at this point for this to really make an impact. If he loses, Newt and Co. will claim they were right all along.

changer1701 on October 31, 2009 at 9:39 PM

The conservative revolt has succeeded.

Oh Sugar, we’ve only just begun!

BTW, I heard AP dressed up like a trainer from Sea World for Halloween.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 9:40 PM

The Sarahsia and Michelle B. have shepherded the Republican party like the soccer coaches they are.

Kicked out the bad kid (scuzzy) and set the rules for everyone. Newt get in or get out, we are going for the goal as Republicans, not dem lite, not third party but Republicans that have principles. No sitting on the couch with Pelosi, no wandering the neighborhoods with Al Sharpton. It is time to think of the country and leave your egos at the door. We will invite the people to the White House (nov.5) to help us..We will cause a stir. Help us, be energized…We are going to win all three races.

nondhimmie on October 31, 2009 at 9:41 PM

I respect the late Buckley, but I’m going to have to side with Adams on this…

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” ~John Quincy Adams

That’s right. I’m a RINO – Republican in name only. I would rather put my conservative principles above the very wayward goals of the GOP. Call me a Beckhead. Fine, if that makes you feel better.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:41 PM

BTW, I heard AP dressed up like a trainer from Sea World for Halloween.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 9:40 PM

What noise does the Dolphin make?

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:42 PM

changer1701 on October 31, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Really? In NY state?

Keep telling yourself that….

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 9:42 PM

BTW, I heard AP dressed up like a trainer from Sea World for Halloween.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 9:40 PM
What noise does the Dolphin make?

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:42 PM

He doesn’t like THAT section.
Stop it, Meat. I’m drinking and you’re gonna get me banned.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Early QOTD…Allahpundit must have a hot Halloween date. :-D

SouthernGent on October 31, 2009 at 9:36 PM

SouthernGent: Lets Hope!!hehe:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 9:45 PM

AP, you’re a good man.

Some people on our side are also enamored with our version of unicorns and rainbows.

Hexonx on October 31, 2009 at 9:46 PM

RINO’s no more! Atta girl Sarah! We are tracing back to the good ol’ American History that we were taught in school.

ProudPalinFan on October 31, 2009 at 9:46 PM

He doesn’t like THAT section.
Stop it, Meat. I’m drinking and you’re gonna get me banned.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 9:45 PM

HornetSting: Let nothing but fear and fear itself hold you
back!!Hahahahah:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM

He doesn’t like THAT section.
Stop it, Meat. I’m drinking and you’re gonna get me banned.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I heard Ann used to do the water-skiing-show at Sea World /s

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Yeah lets run Mutt Romney or Hucklebee Hounddog. They’re just what the the “moderates” will vote for. I for one will no longer vote for the RINO elite’s idea of a winner unless they have the “purity” of a true conservative.

chickasaw42 on October 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM

I LOVE SARAH!!!
There! I said it!

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM

I hope Sarah has room on her wall for a pudgy, silver haired trophy.

BDavis on October 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Ah, not purification. Vindication!

ProudPalinFan on October 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM

HornetSting: Let nothing but fear and fear itself hold you
back!!Hahahahah:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM

No, HS is a good poster. I wouldn’t want to see her scalped.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:48 PM

I LOVE SARAH!!!
There! I said it!

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Haven’t seen you around in a while… Used to be on here all the time.

Hey, at least you like that Sarah over some of the other potential GOP “womyn”

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:48 PM

The SarahCudaRevolution Affect!!

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 9:49 PM

I heard that BredBlue and ProudRhino are dressing up as Dede together for Halloween.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Really? In NY state?

Keep telling yourself that….

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 9:42 PM

If Hoffman loses, you don’t think there won’t be some ‘I told you so’ from them?

changer1701 on October 31, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Allahpundit and the Left discuss and/or target Sarah Palin relentlessly…because she is “irrelevent”

Yup, that’s what you do with things that are “irrelevent”…you devote most of your time to targeting and/or discussing them.

I got it

Justrand on October 31, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Sure wish Daggett would pack it in for the good of the conservative movement. The Republicans should offer him a seat at whatever appropriate tables they have for him to participate. A show of unity on the right would be great.

GaltBlvnAtty on October 31, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Ah, the false “purity” argument. Only a frightened relativist who believes defying a Dede Scozzafava represents a purification crusade could make it. “Purity” isn’t the purpose or goal. Common sense is. But let them get it wrong. Who cares?

I’ve never read Goldwater’s book. I plan to now.

rrpjr on October 31, 2009 at 9:51 PM

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Speaking of idiots…I heard that Grow Fins will leave our happy hive if Hoffman wins!

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 9:51 PM

No, HS is a good poster. I wouldn’t want to see her scalped.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:48 PM

MeatHeadinCA: Me joking,me either! Wrath of Khan,crap,I
meant to say,Wrath of Hornette:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 9:51 PM

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Is that like motivation to donate to Hoffman? I’m not sure. I like some play things from time to time ;)

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:52 PM

MeatHeadinCA: Me joking,me either! Wrath of Khan,crap,I
meant to say,Wrath of Hornette:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Hornet is one of the few women that scares me.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:52 PM

changer1701 on October 31, 2009 at 9:50 PM

In NY state?? Hell no…if were talking Tennessee, you might have a point….

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Whether Palin is doing all this for PR purposes or being reckless in her political rhetoric,

Interesting use of the word, “reckless.” Seems to me like she hit just where she was aiming.

Joan of Argghh on October 31, 2009 at 9:53 PM

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 9:51 PM

HornetSting: Its not a Grow Fins,its an idiot Lamprey,
who thinks it/he/she/or other/is a real
fish!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 9:54 PM

And I thought AP would give us a QOTD dealing with what all the great women of the view think about poor Dede being thrown to the side of the curb… I guess that’s for next Monday.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:54 PM

You know, they always use the same pictures of Sarah. How about mixing it up with this one, this one, or this one.

Mix it up a little!!

deidre on October 31, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Haven’t seen you around in a while… Used to be on here all the time.

Hey, at least you like that Sarah over some of the other potential GOP “womyn”

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Recent computer problems and the Obamaconomy, which has forced me to procure funds nefariously, has reduced me to a drive-by reader.
I liked it better when I was still employed. I made less money, but I got more rest.

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Lanceman! Dude! Please check out lite.facebook.com

please!!!!! I will look for you…not as “busy” as regular facebook…and I promise you won’t be sorry you looked for me there….

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 9:55 PM

In NY state?? Hell no…if were talking Tennessee, you might have a point….

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 9:53 PM

NY23 has been a solid (relatively conservative) Rep. district for decades if I’m not mistaken… You can count on the local Rino’s to cry if Hoffman doesn’t win (after they donate to Owens).

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I disagree with Ace in his analysis of Beck or any of us out here. We’re not going for party purity and nor is Beck. We’re going for conservative principles. Anyone who fits that bill is the one who will get the most support. It just so happens that most of those values will be found within Republican candidates, but not exclusively.
Driving a message home to anyone who will listen.
The tea party movement was a message that it’s OK for conservatives to come out from hiding and be bold. Fight!
Fight like rabbid dogs! And screw the party bosses till they understand who’s suppose to be running the show. Unfortunately “the people” got lazy and forgot their role in the fight.
No longer is this the case.

katy on October 31, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM
Lanceman! Dude! Please check out lite.facebook.com

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Yes, yes. Please do.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 9:55 PM

You never know who you’ll find on FB…

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Hornet is one of the few women that scares me.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:52 PM

MeatHeadinCA: I agree,she sleeps with a Heckler/Koch Mp5K
on her night stand!!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 9:57 PM

That’s some sloppy analysis 40% who call themselves Moderates are really Liberals. I don’t think so but if it tweaks the conversation so be it.

Dr Evil on October 31, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Driving a message home to anyone who will listen.
No longer is this the case.

katy on October 31, 2009 at 9:56 PM

OK, REAL QOTD above

+10000000000000000000

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Sarah Palin writes one Facebook message throwing some love to Doug Hoffman and all hell breaks loose.

The Far Left has their knickers in a twist and the GOP establishment and Palin’s perceived opponents (not Pawlenty)are scrambling to get on board before the Hoffman train leaves the station.

Sarah Palin is a woman that drives her opponents crazy; by the way when was the last time she was on American TV live and interviewed? I think it was right after she announced that she was resigning somewhere around the 5th or 6th of July when an array of reporters interviewed her after she got out of a fishing boat.

It really is unbelievable that this woman has had such a major impact on the American consciousness in the last 3-4 months without her face being plastered on every cable news show every week or two.

technopeasant on October 31, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Somebody’s got a thang for that winky, winky pic of Sarah.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it before….

hillbillyjim on October 31, 2009 at 9:58 PM

What’s most striking in all this is how some conservative bloggers have become shrinking violent in light of the success of the conservative resurgence. These blogger who suppose to be media renegades, seem not to understand that its not too much to ask that the GOP live up to its ideals. The basic bedrock of the GOP is limited government, strong defense, and unabashed american patriotism. What is so difficult in wanting candidates that believe in these ideals? Yes we want principle over politics, because the politics is killing this country! We are going bankrupt now and the time for politics has to end. The times are calling for purity and the sooner the GOP and these so-called conservative bloggers get this, the sooner they can catch up to the resurgent conservative movement that’s leaving them behind.

milemarker2020 on October 31, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Mix it up a little!!

deidre on October 31, 2009 at 9:54 PM

deidre:From the Runner magazine,excellent picture,

Leggs Diamonds come to mind!!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Mrs. Irrelevant Quitter strikes again. I’m not exactly a Palinista but she certainly has quite a bit of invisible pull.

Bishop on October 31, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich, who was one of Scozzafava’s most prominent supporters, said her experience delivered a message to 2010 candidates and to those considering presidential campaigns in 2012.

“It says that you had better have a willingness to take on the establishment and a willingness to represent conservative values if you’re going to have the energy and the capacity to create a Republican Party that’s able to hold together a coalition,” Gingrich said.

Wake up call, Newt.

Jeff2161 on October 31, 2009 at 10:01 PM

thanks meat!

katy on October 31, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Slowly but surely, the more robust and conservative wing of the Republican Party is dragging the Stockholm Syndrome-afflicted RINO’s into the light.

PhoenixUniversal on October 31, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Bishop on October 31, 2009 at 10:00 PM

I’m surprised that the lefties haven’t figured out that the more they fling on Sarah Palin, the more spotlight she gets… Whether that spotlight is good or bad is a different thing, but up to this point, she’s been wielding it for her people…

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 10:02 PM

MeatHeadinCA: I agree,she sleeps with a Heckler/Koch Mp5K
on her night stand!!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Springfiled Armory .40 XDM.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 10:02 PM

That’s Springfield and I’m on my way to the floor.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 10:03 PM

10% and higher unemployment the conservative ranks swell. People vote self interest. Tax people to death and keep people out of any meaningful job market, oh sure they are going to flock to the incumbent party/sarc. Did you hear what a mess George W Bush left??? George Who? Hey you grab a mop, Grab what? What does, Democrat Janitorial work pay :)

In the end people vote the kitchen table. The Democrats not doing much for a whole bunch of Americans to put the necessities on their kitchen tables.

Dr Evil on October 31, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I totally agree with Katy. This situation is a lot more about party bosses who are Country Club Republicans pushing an insider into Congress than about “purity” within the party.

Sarah Palin is much more in tune with that and gets a lot more support for people like myself who want to see the best person take office and push the right issues – and not watch a party insider installed in office (see ago: State Senator Barack H. Obama)

Kaisersoze on October 31, 2009 at 10:03 PM

thanks meat!

katy on October 31, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Anytime, katy. Plus, it was a good post.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Squish.

Conservative IDEAS win elections. Running dems vs. dem lite yields the political arena to the more authentic of the two – usually the dem.

Thinking like this gave the republican party a bloody nose in 2006 as the party ‘moved to the center’. Thanks Andy Card for good old Miers… thanks McCain for Shamnesty…

It was conservatives who didn’t turn out to vote in this last election. The secret to political success is energizing the base. How do you think the dems did it? Popular ideas? No – their ideas are so stinkin bad that they can not seem to get them through Congress.

“Squish” doesn’t work, proven. My question, why does winning make Conservatives go all wobbly in the knees?

Carolina Kat on October 31, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Sir Bedevere: What makes you think she’s a witch?
Peasant 3: Well, she turned me into a newt!
Sir Bedevere: A newt?
Peasant 3: [meekly after a long pause] … I got better.
Crowd: [shouts] Burn her anyway!

Heh…

Jeff2161 on October 31, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Lanceman! Dude! Please check out lite.facebook.com

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Seems I was already a member on facebook and didn’t know it.
OK, now what?

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 10:06 PM

3-0 Phillies

PhoenixUniversal on October 31, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Are you a member of APs fanclub??? Make yourself easy for me to find….

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 10:07 PM

…a good 40% of the country is liberal…

And half the population has a below-average IQ. Coincidence? I think not.

ncborn on October 31, 2009 at 10:08 PM

In NY state?? Hell no…if were talking Tennessee, you might have a point….

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Regardless of where that district is, I don’t think a Democrat has won there in over a hundred years, right? Even liberal states have their conservative pockets, and NY-23 is one of them.

I think he needs to close the sale for the GOP to really get the message.

changer1701 on October 31, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Mix it up a little!!

deidre on October 31, 2009 at 9:54 PM

deidre: Have this on my favourites,you might like it!:)

Sarah on the U.S.S.Stennis!

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Don’t forget to set your clocks back, and don’t forget to vote Tuesday if your state is in play. Don’t believe the polls; every vote is important.

hillbillyjim on October 31, 2009 at 10:09 PM

hillbillyjim on October 31, 2009 at 10:09 PM

I’m already set on Obama-time. Problem is, it’s always golf time.

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Bishop on October 31, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Bishop: We will help you get closer to the light!!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I hope Sarah has room on her wall for a pudgy, silver haired trophy.

BDavis on October 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Don’t you know that’s what the new construction going on at her place is for. By the time it’s over she’ll need it.

Clyde5445 on October 31, 2009 at 10:12 PM

every entertainment industry lefty thought-barfer in America

Classic!

progressoverpeace on October 31, 2009 at 10:12 PM

milemarker2020 at 9:59
Agreed. Nice post.

GaltBlvnAtty on October 31, 2009 at 10:12 PM

changer1701 on October 31, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Um, NO, the GOP will learn from Dede having to withdraw….

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Are you a member of APs fanclub??? Make yourself easy for me to find….

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Are you serious with that question?
I assure you, I’m no fan of any Sarah-basher.
Sorry, but the real reason for hating her is simply due to the fact that she’s a hot looking broad. If she was fat, unattractive and shrill like Shrillary, most would be behind her. If ‘Bozo were a hard core conservative, he’d have no bigger defender than me.
By the way, I MISS W.

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 10:13 PM

That’s Springfield and I’m on my way to the floor.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 10:03 PM

HornetSting:You go girl!!hehe:)

Say Sting,since its Halloween,I bet your sport`n
a headdress!!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 10:13 PM

And half the population has a below-average IQ. Coincidence? I think not.

ncborn on October 31, 2009 at 10:08 PM

In Lake Woebegon, all the children are above average..

Jeff2161 on October 31, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Seems I was already a member on facebook and didn’t know it.
OK, now what?

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 10:06 PM

I’m real easy to find.

Knucklehead on October 31, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Bishop: We will help you get closer to the light!!:)
canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I’m close, I’m close, just not a hardcore believer in anyone right now; there is a paucity of quality conservatives standing up for people like me though Palin seems to be the most stalwart right now.

Bishop on October 31, 2009 at 10:15 PM

I’m real easy to find.

Knucklehead on October 31, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Yes, she is, Lanceman ;) ;)

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Seems I was already a member on facebook and didn’t know it.
OK, now what?

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Please make yourself easy to find…

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 10:16 PM

That’s Springfield and I’m on my way to the floor.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 10:03 PM

HornetSting:You go girl!!hehe:)

Say Sting,since its Halloween,I bet your sport`n
a headdress!!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Actually, it’s a little cold for the headdress and thong…actually wearing a pair of Devil horns, a black cape, and a little red tail. My costume is a bit too close to my real self for comfort.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 10:16 PM

A Palin thread on Saturday night–amazing.

What scares libtards is Palin’s ability to Reaganize not only Republicans but moderates / independent voters. and watching libtards squirm is…………gold

Janos Hunyadi on October 31, 2009 at 10:18 PM

SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH

1000 days to go….

mooseburger on October 31, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Um, NO, the GOP will learn from Dede having to withdraw….

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Too many egos involved for them to take the blame for the district going to the Democrat. Plus, I think you give them too much credit to think they won’t take the wrong lessons from it and say Hoffman was too conservative. Conservatives may have won the battle in forcing her withdrawal, but if he loses the establishment will look to regain the upper hand and blame it on anything but themselves.

changer1701 on October 31, 2009 at 10:20 PM

SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH

mooseburger on October 31, 2009 at 10:18 PM

mooseburger: You do know what Sarah like to eat,eh!!

Btw,bonus points for your post,hehe:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 10:06 PM
Please make yourself easy to find…

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Kirsten Powers is an Allah Fan Club Member..I feel so DIRTY. Bleh.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Kirsten Powers is an Allah Fan Club Member..I feel so DIRTY. Bleh.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Only “liberal” I can listen to though…

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 10:23 PM

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 10:16 PM

HornetSting: You is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Ace is showing his democratic side again. His post reminds me of the one he wrote when Palin resigned. I wonder he will start attack the comments again. Ace is a Northeastern rep and does not understand conservatism. I could care less if 80% of the USa was liberal i would still be a conservative and expect a conservative to run for election. If there is no difference between dems and reps what is the point in voting?

unseen on October 31, 2009 at 10:26 PM

That is way too low.

pedestrian on October 31, 2009 at 10:27 PM

They wouldn’t be alone, the entire liberal establishment will shout from the rooftops that a Hoffman defeat is a repudiation of conservatism. Newt would be right there next to Pelosi again, telling us all that we need to find common ground or some such tripe, and that if only we had listened to him.

Little wonder that I have no faith in the GOP, even though Michele Bachman is my congresswoman and Congressman John Kline is in an adjoining district.

Bishop on October 31, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Seems I was already a member on facebook and didn’t know it.
OK, now what?

Lanceman on October 31, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Ummmm…join the AP fanclub just so I can find you…then I will have another place we can talk….Upstater wants to talk to you, too!

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 10:28 PM

@Lanceman

You there?

MeatHeadinCA on October 31, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Heres a Halloween video from the Onion,
it will explain Obama,enjoy!!

Butch up your Girlie Son For Halloween.

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Here, Here!

bluemarlin on October 31, 2009 at 10:29 PM

That is way too low.

pedestrian on October 31, 2009 at 10:27 PM

bullcrap. Most people will vote for a leader. If the canidate is not a leader and simply tries to buy their vote we as voters are not above to being bought but we will pick a true leader over the shiny prize everytime it is offered. to bad we as a country have not had a real leader in 30 odd years.

unseen on October 31, 2009 at 10:29 PM