Liz Cheney: I can’t believe Obama brought photogs to Dover with him

posted at 9:19 pm on October 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

Gateway Pundit clipped this yesterday and today it made the big time. I get the revulsion at photo ops with fallen soldiers, believe me, but look: He didn’t go to Dover as a prelude to pulling out. Even under the “McChrystal light” strategy that he’s toying with right now, we’re still talking about a build-up of some kind. If he had gone to Dover as a prelude to withdrawing, this photo would symbolize his willingness to abandon Afghanistan and, by extension, U.S. interests because he’s simply unwilling to accept casualties. Doing that on the backs of the dead, who fought valorously to win, would be intolerable. Going to Dover before a build-up symbolizes the opposite, that he is willing to accept the political consequences of further casualties to defend U.S. interests. Conveying that message by posing with a casket is dicey (although he did have the family’s permission), but it’s much more vivid than simply having a press pool reporter write it up — just as the photos of jumpers on 9/11 are much more vivid in communicating the stakes of terrorism than print accounts.

Look at it this way. A year from now, after many months more of hard fighting and men killed in action, which side is more likely to be angrily waving this photo in his face? Conservative hawks or the leftist doves in his own base? The answer is obvious, and don’t think he doesn’t know it. Yet he went and took the photo anyway. As a show of “tenacity” before the anti-war crowd that’s starting to shout at him about quagmires, you can do worse than this.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

PPS, I only allow good friends and other beings determined to be at least partially human to call me Jim. You can call me “Sir” or “Chief”. Or just don’t bother…

lttle debbie snack cakes…lol Deb Frisch

hawkdriver on October 31, 2009 at 12:04 PM
Sorry about that, uh, ‘chief’. You know, in the real world people call each other by their names. Funny concept, huh?

simplesimon on October 31, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I just cannot allow this to stand.
Simpleton, hawkdriver has been in Afghanistan defending our country against the trash that put planes into our buildings on Septemeber 11, 2001.
He has endured hot days and cold nights, away from his family, so that sh*tstains like YOU can sit around Starbucks and say how much you HATE him and war in general.
While you wet your pants and shart as the MSM reports civilians deaths at the hands of American soldiers because Al Queda and the Taliban hide amongest the population, men and women like Hawkdriver have to know that they did everything they could to avoid those deaths while killing their targets~a man that may have been planning the next attack on our military or an attack on US soil.
You and your kind ‘in the real world’ aren’t worth the spit on a camel’s dung, but Hawkdriver and his company will continue defending your right to hate him and look at him with scorn because he loves his country THAT MUCH!
Now, you sorry, good for nothing sack of horsesh*t, you need to learn respect for our military! You don’t deserve the air you breathe, but they deserve our respect!

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 6:30 PM

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Very well said, Hornet!

ladyingray on October 31, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Once you’re certain, I’d love to know the new & improved ball-park pressure readings you’re getting (cuz the surgery had better have helped, d-mmit) and if it’s okay I’ll try to say hello via your page.

RD on October 31, 2009 at 6:15 PM

The pressure was in the mid 40′s which is dangerously high and I was on every med they could have me on to try to lower it without success. After the surgery it’s been in the mid teens which is much better. Still, the stitches are driving me crazy. The vision quality is low as I’m sitting just a foot or so away from my monitor as I type this. Gonna call it a night and hope the last of them dissolve away overnight.

As for Obama and his indecisive nature regarding military decisions…. if he were my doctor, I’d have lost my vision by now. Only the reality is much worse. Our men and women in uniform are in harms way and will continue to be facing more harm than they otherwise should be because of his indecisiveness.

Yakko77 on October 31, 2009 at 7:08 PM

I just cannot allow this to stand.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 6:30 PM

HornetSting: You said it better than I could,Kudo’s
and nicely stung Stingette!!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 7:12 PM

,Liberals are in
forever,ongoing,neverending,perpetual

Deception/Perception Mode!!:)

And with that,I’m calling it a night!

Goodnighjt,BG aand all H/A Crew!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 12:44 AM
Dam# that’s good.
Hope you don’t mind if I use that sometime.

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2009 at 1:21 AM

Baxter Green: I would be honoured!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2009 at 7:21 PM

simplesimon on October 31, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Fair enough.

So may I ask you what you personally think of this photo-op, Mr.Dumbf**k S**tmouth O’Wh*respawn?

Dark-Star on October 31, 2009 at 7:23 PM

BTW, to be fair and balanced here, I have absolutely no problem with O’bama showing his support for the troops. It’s just that this whole thing was so amateurishly done it was an insult.

One of Dear Leader’s defenders on this thread made a great deal about the fact that Bush never went to Dover to do what Barry did. Of course, this is an admission that the whole thing was pre-planned, as it would reinforce the O’bama Mantra that IT’S ALL BUSH’S FAULT. He could use this to claim (as his flying monkeys are doing here) that he was the first “Commander in Chief” to go to Dover during the Bumper Sticker War on Terror. Pure calculation, not necessarily honest empathy for our military.

But going in the middle of the night? I’m sure that was due to the flight schedule of the transport aircraft, but that’s not the point. He could have gone with just the WH photographer and maybe an additional Press Pool photog. Why bring the entire White House Press Corps, unless it was a photo op?

Del Dolemonte on October 31, 2009 at 7:36 PM

simplesimon on October 31, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I wonder what your friends call you. You seem like they type of person even they can’t stand to be around.

BadgerHawk on October 31, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I wonder what your a friends would call you.

BadgerHawk on October 31, 2009 at 8:22 PM

so does he… so does he….

Ampersand on October 31, 2009 at 8:47 PM

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Thank you so much. Simplevillage idiot needed the putdown.

Gracelynn on October 31, 2009 at 8:51 PM

He went to Dover to coverup the fact that he had avoided going someplace else
Since no one in our state-run media will mention it
here it is

macncheez on October 31, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Going to Dover…symbolizes …that he is willing to accept the political consequences of further casualties to defend U.S. interests. –Ap

BULL FEATHERS!

The zero is trying to stop his hemoraging in the national opinion polls! The SOB demonstrates again that he will use any lie/PR or even our war dead to manipulate the public into believing he gives a sh!T about the USA or its heroes.

Likewise the Bimbo in NY23 — there was no honor in her opting out! It was to save face for a run at the seat in 2012 – that move would be unthinkable with a single digit 3rd place finish in this Special Election.

Way too many naive and dangerous, prognosticators looking for sweetness & light in dank socialist places!

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on October 31, 2009 at 9:19 PM

alah, what the hell are you babbling about? Have you been doing poppers again?

peacenprosperity on October 30, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Allahpundit = Jazz Shaw. My $0.02

Sharke on October 31, 2009 at 9:23 PM

You know this was a photo-op when the pictures are cropped so they don’t show his teleprompters telling him when to salute.

chickasaw42 on October 31, 2009 at 9:36 PM

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 6:30 PM

I feel bad for your cats. You must bore them too.

simplesimon on October 31, 2009 at 9:39 PM

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 6:30 PM
I feel bad for your cats. You must bore them too.

simplesimon on October 31, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Go to Hell, you sheep shagging sh*tstain.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 10:04 PM

simplesimon on October 31, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Simplesimiam, in your real world, you wouldn’t even have that right. Funny concept, huh?

Your inability to grasp the facts puts you in that rare category…stupid, but able to type.

ohio kat on October 31, 2009 at 10:05 PM

I feel bad for your cats. You must bore them too.

simple343 on October 31, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Wow, 3 hours for such a weak comeback, Paul Newman?

BTW, Deb, Team Newman’s next race (2010) is in the country O’bama lost the Olympics to. Life’s a cr666, isn’t it?

(Laughter)

Del Dolemonte on October 31, 2009 at 10:05 PM

I feel bad for your cats. You must bore them too.

simplesimon on October 31, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Name is Scott “in the real world”. I go by SSgt most of the time though. I’ve been in and out of the middle east a couple times since 2003. But this must be a boring thing for you. Needless to say, if the President wants to show support for the troops, I can appreciate that. Whatever the political ramifications are to him will be what they will. But to aimlessly blog about what people are called in “the real world” just shows how meaningless of a life you have made for yourself. Enjoy it.

cappy718 on October 31, 2009 at 10:09 PM

cappy718 on October 31, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Thank you, Scott “in the real world”. I appreciate what you and others have done to give freedom to all of us…even Simplesimian.

ohio kat on October 31, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Go to Hell, you sheep shagging sh*tstain.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Do you talk like that in front of Mr Whiskers?

simplesimon on October 31, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Do you talk like that in front of Mr Whiskers?

simplesimon on October 31, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Wow, I bet there is nothing scarier than you hiding around a dark corner…with your computer and your asthma meds. You really impress me as the kind of guy who couldn’t get a date…ever. You’re talking about pets? Good argument.

ohio kat on October 31, 2009 at 10:33 PM

ohio kat on October 31, 2009 at 10:33 PM

I guess asthma would qualify you for a visit to a death panel?

simplesimon on October 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I guess asthma would qualify you for a visit to a death panel?

simplesimon on October 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I’m hoping stupidity qualifies for a visit to the “death panel”. I don’t have asthma and didn’t imply that I did. If you do, not my problem!

ohio kat on October 31, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Do you talk like that in front of Mr Whiskers?

simplesimon on October 31, 2009 at 10:20 PM

As long as you use the right tone of voice, you could call a cat every foul name in the book and it would still love you. Most cats recognize their name and “NO” (sometimes)…not a single word more.

They simply don’t understand English…something you should know about very well.

Dark-Star on October 31, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I am sorry but watching any democrat
Trying to pretend that they acually CARE about our soliders
After spending years calling our fine soldiers
Mass murders
Rapists
Terrorists.
And i remember how the democrats ALL wanted to
SLOW BLEED our troops…

These VILE pieces of VERMIN..
Should be treated like RATS and Cockroaches

So when i saw president obama there
I know he is there for a photo op.
I also swear i saw a smirk on his face
He disgusts me.. But you liberals voted for ALL of these TREASONIST BASTARDS..

personally if i could do it
i would deport ALL of congress, the house of representatives and all of the aclu to IRAN
and PAY the iranians to throw them all into prision..

As for obama and his family
Their sentance would be to live in a Government run Low income GETTHO which the liberals themselves created..

As far as the republicans go they also make me sick..
But less so for only ONE reason..

At least they didnt spit on our soldiers like all the LBIERALS DO..

Some day all of these liberals and democrats are going
to be crying and begging for the us marines or the us army to protect their sorry asses from the islamic nazis..
And i am going to sit there and WATCH..
Smoking a cigatette right in their liberal faces
as they are being beheaded by their new masters the taliban..

And as they scream for mercy as the muslims are sawing their damned heads off

I will drink a beer and videotape it..
For historical reference..

These people make me sick..
they are worse than the islamic terrorists scum..

veteranoutrage on October 31, 2009 at 11:15 PM

These people make me sick..
they are worse than the islamic terrorists scum..

veteranoutrage on October 31, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Amen, Veteran.

HornetSting on October 31, 2009 at 11:25 PM

veteranoutrage on October 31, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Right on, Right on, Right on!

I have your back, Bro… I’m sure you’ve protected mine.

May G-d bless you, as well as your family.

Thank you!

roscopico on October 31, 2009 at 11:49 PM

They simply don’t understand English…something you should know about very well.

Dark-Star on October 31, 2009 at 11:13 PM

A point I’ve made about Simplesimiam many times. He just doesn’t get it. Smack him upside the head with the truth and he will still run for cover. It must be warm in his mother’s basement.

ohio kat on October 31, 2009 at 11:54 PM

ohio kat on October 31, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Mother? That doesn’t sounds politically correct. Mammal that birthed it sounds more PC.

MeatHeadinCA on November 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM

veteranoutrage on October 31, 2009 at 11:15 PM

We are with you bro. Buckle up, the conservative revolution is just beginning. Godspeed.

Geochelone on November 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM

veteranoutrage on October 31, 2009 at 11:15 PM

God Bless you for that post.
God bless you also for your service as the daughter of a vet it means so much to have people like you in our country. You give us honor, dignity and class. Something libs have nothing on.

Gracelynn on November 1, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Baxter Greene-

Just a meager note to tell you that I appreciate your intelligent input. You include so much information when you respond to the lunatics. I don’t know how you have the patience nor stamina sometimes. But you keep at it, and I applaud you.

betsyz on October 31, 2009 at 3:25 AM

I am in great company here at Hotair which makes it real easy to deal with the liberal sheep that have nothing to offer but olberman and pelosi talking points.

Baxter Greene on October 31, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Remember, during the campaign, how President Obama skipped out on a visit to the troops in Germany for a basketball game once he learned that no cameras would be present?

That’s leadership.

BadgerHawk on October 31, 2009 at 8:57 AM

I remember this during the campaign and the back in forth as to whether Obama really had this on his schedule.
The fact that there was any doubt as to whether he had visiting our troops on his schedule was indictment enough for me of his narcissistic,politically engineered motives.

I don’t know how a President that has played golf more than 10 times the amount of times that he has talked to his own General during war time(after he has announced his own strategy in March) gets away with even calling himself “Commander and Chief”.

MR. Paparazzi is more like our Hustler and Chief.

Baxter Greene on November 1, 2009 at 3:15 AM

He’s not honoring them anymore than Clinton was crying at Brown’s funeral or experiencing a tender momment in France when he feigned fixing that fallen cross. People who relish and fight for the slaughter of innocent babies don’t care much about the loss of life – people who loathe the military, even more so.

Remember that hypocrisy is always a badge of honor to a liberal/progressive/Marxist.

Don L on November 1, 2009 at 5:53 AM

The thread may be dead, but this article in The American Thinker has some merit. It claims that Obamao is treating the Afghanistan situation as if he were engaged in a Harvard Law seminar: http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/11/o_isnt_dithering_on_afghanista.html

onlineanalyst on November 1, 2009 at 7:15 AM

veteranoutrage on October 31, 2009 at 11:15 PM

You type like you are a veteran of the 3rd grade.

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Barack Obama: A legacy in his own mind!

Cybergeezer on November 1, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Face it, folks. Obama is a liar, pure and simple. He lied his way through the campaign, he lied about Afghanistan, and he’s lying about the healthcare bill. No one in the MSM has the guts to call him a liar, but that’s what he is. Think back to all the stuff he’s said. Even for a politition, he’s a liar and that’s saying something.

gordo on November 1, 2009 at 9:48 AM

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 7:53 AM

It’s Deb Frisch! Hide your children.

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Just got back to the computer this morning – am catching the Formula 1 grand prix in Abu Dhabi on the Speed channel.

RD on October 31, 2009 at 6:15 PM

The pressure was in the mid 40’s which is dangerously high and I was on every med they could have me on to try to lower it without success.

Thanks much for the reply Yakko and man, that’s tough. And unfortunately, totally expected w/the prescription meds – between them and surgery, I pick surgery. Hope you can get off those meds for good now, not only because they’re not very good / don’t make a large enough dent in i-o pressure, but because all of them have health-jeapordizing side effects. Even the newest “safest” one turns people’s eyes brown, and God knows what they’ll find about that in 20 years (maybe nothing, one never knows).

After the surgery it’s been in the mid teens which is much better.

That’s awesome. I’d like to see 12 mmHg or so but I’ll take 16 or 17 any day :).

Still, the stitches are driving me crazy. The vision quality is low … hope the last of them dissolve away overnight.

What, no scratching the eyeball? ;-) Hope it’ll be getting better here shortly, ditto w/the vision out of the eye as it heals.

Yakko77 on October 31, 2009 at 7:08 PM

No true empathy and no visceral respect for “his” men and women means, no particular urgency to minimize their suffering. As with everything else with the man, the decision around Afghanistan or other conflict theaters is all about *him*. So really, he can take as long as he likes. (A doctor starts thinking like that, and people under his care will start *dying*.) Perfect.

RD on November 1, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Or maximize their effectiveness.

RD on November 1, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Notice how Obambi did a slow salute, along with the soldiers, while the other civilians in the line had their hands placed over their hearts.

Only military people salute. Obie was so pathetically trying to fit in.

bobri on November 1, 2009 at 11:53 AM

veteranoutrage on October 31, 2009 at 11:15 PM

You type like you are a veteran of the 3rd grade.

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Most likely he is a veteran of the third grade.
You type like a liberal POS. Feel free to quote me later on the thread.

Regards.

SPIFF1669 on November 1, 2009 at 12:09 PM

You type like you are a veteran of the 3rd grade.

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Time for another banning of deb.

ray on November 1, 2009 at 12:29 PM

You type like a liberal POS. Feel free to quote me later on the thread.

Regards.

SPIFF1669 on November 1, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Sorry, ‘sir’ but you really aren’t all that quotable. Does this work?

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM

You are just sad since all of your troubles with Goldstein.

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Who’s Goldstein, Jim? You’re getting wackier by the day!

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 1:42 PM

You type like you are a veteran of the 3rd grade.

simple 343 on November 1, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Del Dolemonte on November 1, 2009 at 1:59 PM

I can see for miles! O Blah Blah is sucking up to the troops. He is leaving them in the lurch in a combat situation to wear them down and redefine patriotism. Then our own troops will be used by the UN to come here to US soil and put down any armed conflict whether it is constitutional or not! just sayin…….

sonnyspats1 on November 1, 2009 at 2:20 PM

And how many times did we have to listen to pundits and newsreaders tell us that President Reagen shouldn’t salute because he wasn’t in uniform? Whether true or not, that comment was made every time he saluted for any purpose. I’m sure CBS/ABC/NBC are all over that this time, also.

Hucklebuck on November 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Who’s Goldstein, Jim? You’re getting wackier by the day!

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 1:42 PM

You know.

And I didn’t want to be crass and ask in front of everyone here, but how is that battle with the bottle going?

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 2:29 PM

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Hmm. I really don’t drink that much! But thanks for asking. How’s the guy with the skin cancer doing?

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM

OT
The President is on the t.v. campaigning for Corsine himself again.

yoda on November 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Thank you so much for asking because I know you’re genuinely concerned for his health. But since you asked, he’s still waiting for the results of his biopsy from Germany and still serving here in Afghanistan proudly in the mean time. He was actually the PC for the trail aircraft of my flight today.

And you know, I’m genuinely concerned about you too Deb. I know things haven’t been so great since these times.

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Obama takes photographers with him and Hotair whines

or

Obama doesn’t take photographers with him but they show up anyways and Hot air whines

or

Obama allows no photographers at all and Hotair would whine that he did it to get the media to talk about the fact that he didn’t take photographers with him.

Oh well, maybe the families of the dead soldiers appreciated it.

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 2:44 PM

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I’m glad that his universal health care is working out for him.

Who are those people in the picture?

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 2:44 PM

I wouldn’t have had a single problem with any person who was unfamiliar with the ceremony witness it in private. Maybe he should see it because he has so much to learn about the military. But the transfer of remains to the family is not even photographed by us who attend the ramp ceremonies for our friends and comrades here in Afghanistan and Iraq. It just isn’t done.

And it’s so nice of you Dave, to project what you think our families might be feeling.

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 2:44 PM

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 2:53 PM
——
You’re projecting what Obama is thinking. Whatever.

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 2:58 PM

You’re projecting what Obama is thinking. Whatever.

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 2:58 PM

I don’t understand your comment. I was addressing yours seriously. But thanks for your ever expected troll-like response. I should have known better.

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:07 PM

And it doesn’t matter “what” he was thinking. Someone must have told him that we do not photograph these ceremonies. He did it anyway.

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:09 PM

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:09

Who’s we? Better yet – he’s the POTUS. He makes the rules.

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:12 PM

I’m glad that his universal health care is working out for him.

Who are those people in the picture? You know who they are Deb.!
simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 2:53 PM

You would equate our service health care to universal heath care? Wow Deb, maybe we should pay our own way into theater too when we deploy. I guess the government thinks since we tend to get hurt on the job a lot in our line of work, they’ll take care of the wounds. You know we pay for it when we retire now? And we actually pay for our health care in the military for our families while we’re still active duty. It’s called Tri-Care and Delta Dental. Thanks for playing though.

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:14 PM

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:12 PM

That’s right and he makes the rules. And he made the rules that makes it easier for the insurgents to kill us with IEDs like the heroes from the Stryker Brigade he met in Dover.

He changed the ROE “rules of engagement” as such that an enemy combatant has to be seen completing all the tasks to be considered a valid target when emplacing an IED. Our Apache pilots now have to see them digging the hole in the road at 2am in the freaking morning, planting the ordinance, wiring it, covering it and watching the ambush site from cover. Any one of those activities was a reason to request PID and attack these folks under the Bush Administration because they never conduct all the tasks at the same time and they usually do it in teams. The change in ROE benefits no one but our enemies.

“His rules” is right.

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Better yet – he’s the POTUS. He makes the rules.

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Where was that deference to the office when President Bush was in power? You liberals really are the consummate hypocrites.

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:31 PM

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:31 PM

That dope invaded the wrong country. No deference for him!

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:32 PM

That dope invaded the wrong country. No deference for him!

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Is it within your simple mind to conduct a debate without being insulting? He was my Commander in Chief and I’m proud to have served him. Please just try.

I notice you didn’t comment about or even address the rules of engagement. Why wouldn’t you want to defend that decision by President Obama?

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:40 PM

You’re projecting what Obama is thinking. Whatever.

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Since his crew called the press to come photograph him with flag-draped coffins, he must think it’s ok to be photographed with flag-draped coffins.

Chris_Balsz on November 1, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Ohh, it’s about ‘respect’ again. You can be insulting because you ‘earned’ it or something. You really need to get over yourself.

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I see you’re still getting knocked around by real men, sh*tstain. Go change your mom’s rag~she likes that, sheep shagger.

HornetSting on November 1, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Chris_Balsz on November 1, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Forget trying to relate to Dave Rywall. He has rare moments of almost reasonable comment. Most of the time though, he no different that the comment internet troll.

He just wants to know that it’s okay to photograph these ceremonies because his guy was the first one to do it. And… to be there when it happened. And… to “oh yeah” be n the pictures with them; as if he is vicariously serving through their sacrifices.

Yep Dave, I guess I was trying to figure out what a man was thinking when he changed these rules and took advantage those how can no longer speak for themselves. You called it.

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:55 PM

HornetSting on November 1, 2009 at 3:55 PM

What a lovely mouth. It’s a surprise that you live with cats.

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:56 PM

HornetSting on November 1, 2009 at 3:55 PM
What a lovely mouth. It’s a surprise that you live with cats.

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:56 PM

You have quite an obsession with cats~because you’re a p*ssy, perhaps, sh*tstain?

HornetSting on November 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM

That dope invaded the wrong country. No deference for him!

simple 343 on November 1, 2009 at 3:32 PM

1. 1998…Clinton Justice Department formally indicts bin Laden. Part 4 of the indictment states as fact that he has a working relationship with Saddam Hussein. Read the document here:

2. 2002…Democrats in Congress give Bush the OK to use force against Iraq. They cite almost 20 separate reasons. Only one of them is WMDs.

Read the document here:

3. 2009…Hard-core Leftist auto racing team owner Steve McQueen dies. Read about the racing team which still bears his name here, race fan:

Del Dolemonte on November 1, 2009 at 4:07 PM

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Well…Deb…I guess my next question would be, can you even follow a simple conversation?

The point was showing respect to President Bush, not me.

And I really only resort to what tenor of conversation is leveled at me. What a laughable comment though. You are the most insulting and vile internet troll that ever darkened the screen of more decent people’s computers. You can’t engage in even simple debate without resorting to the most inane of name-calling and stereotypes. You did it when you were capitulus before you were banned under that handle and you continue today.

And getting over myself? ROTMFingFLMMFingAO!!! You are the worst kind of attention whore. If you had a shred of interest in an exchange of ideas, you’d at least try to engage in more reasonable conversation here. As it is, you know that by coming here and throwing a couple thread bombs around, you’ll illicit a response in those of us who actually do care about a issue. It is your 15 minutes; your time in the spotlight. And it’s really very sad.

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 4:10 PM

HornetSting on November 1, 2009 at 3:55 PM
——
To recap the most mature post of the day:

-the poster is a stain made of fecal matter

-the poster should go help his mother deal with her menstruation because she apparently likes that sort of assistance

-the poster is known to have intercourse with sheep

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

You’re projecting what Obama is thinking. Whatever.

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Chris_Balsz on November 1, 2009 at 3:41 PM
——
I guess so.

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

HornetSting on November 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM
——-
To recap:

-the poster is a vagina but it is also possible that the poster is a stain made of fecal matter. It is not specified which the poster actually is.

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

My comment directly to you wasn’t as compelling as this one directed at someone else huh? Whatever!

Since you’re back, we just don’t photograph those ceremonies. Okay? It wasn’t a ginned-up President Obama Wingnut controversy like you were trying to purport.
We don’t photograph heroes in route to their loved ones. He was the first to do anything like this.

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:20 PM

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:20 PM
———
They took photos. You don’t like it. Complain about it.

Obama does something. You don’t like it. Complain about it.

You lost the election. You don’t like it. Complain about it.

There’s so much pi$$ in your cornflakes it’s unbelievable.

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 3:24 PM

There’s so much pi$$ in your cornflakes it’s unbelievable.

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 3:24 PM

He’s an angry guy. Believe it or not, this is a good day for him!

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

You and your moose should get together with Simpleton and the sheep~

HornetSting on November 1, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 3:24 PM

It’s not that I “don’t like it” as if it were a thing of mood. I resent it. I worked with some of those very men and I resent that they were used as props. If any Conservative figure had done anything similar, liberals would be crapping on the ceiling.

About the piss in my cornflakes, coming from the vocal unhinged left, I’ll take that as a compliment.

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Yep, Jim and his girlfriend the crazy cat lady are quite a pair.

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:31 PM

He’s an angry guy. Believe it or not, this is a good day for him!

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:26 PM

And she’s back totally ignoring any reasonable comment or question to make a snide remark. What do you think about President Obama’s ROE?

You know, it’s really a very serious restriction to our operations and makes our work here much more dangerous. Didn’t you all say under the Bush Administration that we weren’t being lead properly. What about the ROE?

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:36 PM

You and your moose should get together with Simpleton and the sheep~

HornetSting on November 1, 2009 at 3:29 PM
——
To recap:

The poster should transport a moose to the same location as the other poster.

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Well, the two idiots have joined forces: Hawkdriver is worth thousands of you two. He defends his country, despite the fact that losers like Simpleton hate him and the military. Drywall, your country has the protection of the US Military. You should be thankful for Hawkdriver for protecting you. Your country would not survive one day without the US, either by military incursions or our medical system, that your countrymen and women are using as a last result to survive because your country has rationing of care. But, I digress.
But, Simpleton will go on degrading the military, even though it is not worth the dirt on the military’s boots. And you, Drywall, you’re a Canadian that insults the US, our military, and our politics. I’d say you’re jealous, but I don’t believe you are that smart. You’re just an idiot.

HornetSting on November 1, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Yep, Jim and his girlfriend the crazy cat lady are quite a pair.

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:31 PM

lol, I’m too old for Hornetsting and definately not butch enough for you, Deb.

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:38 PM

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:30 PM
——–
You oppose every action Obama takes regardless of whether it’s right or not. That’s pathetic.

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 3:39 PM

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:30 PM
——–

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 3:39 PM

He’s the Commander in Chief, you blow hole.

HornetSting on November 1, 2009 at 3:42 PM

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:30 PM
——–

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 3:39 PM

He’s the Commander in Chief, you blow hole.

HornetSting on November 1, 2009 at 3:42 PM
——
To recap:

Poster clueless but forges ahead anyways.

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 3:43 PM

To recap:

Poster clueless but forges ahead anyways.

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 3:43 PM

You are pathetic. Want to recap?

HornetSting on November 1, 2009 at 3:44 PM

They took photos. You don’t like it. Complain about it.

Obama does something. You don’t like it. Complain about it.

You lost the election. You don’t like it. Complain about it.

There’s so much pi$$ in your cornflakes it’s unbelievable.

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Better yet – he’s the POTUS. He makes the rules.

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:12 PM

To recap: Internet trolls who railed against imagined dictatorial direction the various Conservative Administrations they’ve lived under where supposedly taking them in, now quite simply say to others concerns, “In your face. We won. We do what we want.”

Turnabout, fairplay, yadda yadda

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:30 PM
——–

Dave Rywall on November 1, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Really? I didn’t know I opposed all of them. Which ones have I mentioned to you besides the photographing of the fallen and the new spiffy ROE that’ll probably get me and a few more of my good friends killed? Huh, name them that I oppose. Are you using reverse psychology? Are you trying to get me to state what he’s done I support. Okay, I’ll bite. I support him for keeping GITMO open. It makes us more safe. I support him continuing keeping terrorists prisoner in third host countries. It keeps us safer. Happy?

Now please don’t assert what my positions are.

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Turnabout, fairplay, yadda yadda

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I like the new you, Jim. No more ranting and raving and the “I’M DONE” silliness. Very mature. Well done!

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Good job President Obama!

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 3:59 PM

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I wish I liked the new you. You’re the same old capitulus. What about the ROE? Are you capable of taking on a serious question? Is there opinion in that head or just venom?

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Good job President Obama!

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I

s there opinion in that head or just venom?

hawkdriver on November 1, 2009 at 4:02 PM

No venom, Jim. Not everyone is out to get you, you know. Sheesh.

simplesimon on November 1, 2009 at 4:32 PM

For any who harbor illusions that Obama cares about our military, please recall that during the European Apology Tour he cancelled a scheduled visit to out war-wounded hospitalized in Germany – because the hospital didn’t allow him to bring his own photographers with him.

Another grievous slam he made to our military was on inauguration night, when he couldn’t be bothered to make an appearance at the Medal of Honor Ball.

Tell me he cares about our military – and give me even one true example of why I should believe it.

There’s a reason all families but one refused to allow Obama and his cameras near their sons’ caskets at Dover; we know in our hearts what that reason is, and we owe those families the honor of a deep and humble bow.

GGMac on November 1, 2009 at 4:40 PM