Video: The very private unveiling of the Pelosi public option

posted at 12:55 pm on October 29, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Excuse me, the competitive option.  This comes from a source on Capitol Hill, where Nancy Pelosi had called a press conference to announce her version of the health-care system overhaul today.  Consider this a preview of how ObamaCare will work in the real world, once the competitive option drives insurers out of the health care market and ensures absolutely no competition to the de facto single-payer system most ObamaCare advocates not-so-secretly desire:

Who will get priority service?  Those with enough money and influence to have the prized invitations will get into the health-care parties.  Those who lack both and have no special invite?  “Stand all the way at the end.”

Eric Cantor also has this video on his YouTube channel, showing the same thing:

By the way, the bill is now on line … all 1900 pages of it.  Time to start looking for all of the questions that the Democrats didn’t want asked today.

Comments

We’re allowed to READ it?!?!?!?!

DOOF on October 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I loved this at instapundit today:

In a world defined by nearly 100,000 iPhone apps, a world of seemingly limitless, self-defined choice, the Democrats are pushing the biggest, fattest, one-size-fits all legislation since 1965. And they brag this will complete the dream Franklin D. Roosevelt had in 1939.

lorien1973 on October 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM

She makes wine in her chateau while the serfs suffer.
She sees no problem there at all.

bbz123 on October 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM

By the way, the bill is now on line … all 1900 pages of it. Time to start looking for all of the questions that the Democrats didn’t want asked today.

This is not the bill you are looking for.

mankai on October 29, 2009 at 12:58 PM

The big big big bright photo on Huff Po says it all for me. Only thing missing is the little “Free! Free! Free!” banner.

Marcus on October 29, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Excuse me, the competitive option.

Consumer option.

BadgerHawk on October 29, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I have a question… while we’re wondering if mandating that Americans buy health insurance is Constitutional… shouldn’t we also question whether forcing doctors to service patients is Constitutional?

Can the government mandate both the buying of a service and the providing of a service?

mankai on October 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM

This bill ain’t going nowhere. Pelosi knows it. She can’t be stupid.

Obamacare is dead, for all intents and purposes. It died months ago, under the $9 trillion debt announcement.

All these bills being thrown about is to show the base that they are doing something, then they’ll blame republicans for not letting them control your lives.

lorien1973 on October 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Excuse me, the competitive option.

Consumer option.

BadgerHawk on October 29, 2009 at 12:59 PM

The Super Terrific Happy Option!!

mankai on October 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Quite the Malkins to introduce a goovernment takeover over 1/6th of the economy with a sign saying “Deficit Reduction!” behind the witch.

Marcus on October 29, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Excuse me, the competitive option.

I thought they’re now calling the damn thing the consumer option.

I guess tomorrow it’ll be called the you’ll live forever and for free option.

TXUS on October 29, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I thought they’re now calling the damn thing the consumer option.

I guess tomorrow it’ll be called the you’ll live forever and for free option.

TXUS on October 29, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I’m just going to call it the Galactus Option, TYVM.

TheUnrepentantGeek on October 29, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Stick it, Nan, one page at a time. Stick it up your tailpipe.

OhioCoastie on October 29, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Excuse me, the competitive option.

Consumer option.

BadgerHawk on October 29, 2009 at 12:59 PM

The Super Terrific Happy Option!!

mankai on October 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM

The Competitive Choice Freedom Option.

LibTired on October 29, 2009 at 1:07 PM

We’re allowed to READ it?!?!?!?!

DOOF on October 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Don’t be silly. You’re allowed to know that it is 1,900 pages of pure political genius. They just put it on-line so that they can caputure the IP addresses of anybody who dares attempt to mess with Pelosi’s dream.

highhopes on October 29, 2009 at 1:08 PM

And the corruption continues!

capejasmine on October 29, 2009 at 1:09 PM

The Super Terrific Happy Option!!

mankai on October 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM

The Doubleplusgood Option.

CurtZHP on October 29, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Pelosi’s latest official portrait.

OmahaConservative on October 29, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Super Duper Happy Terrific Competitive Choice Freedom Convenience Orgasmic Option

Jeff from WI on October 29, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Do we have 72 hours? That’s just 28 pages per hour, with no stopping- GO!

But even if we read it and find despicable things, what the hell can we actually do about it?

NTWR on October 29, 2009 at 1:17 PM

That is one shiny woman in the second video.

WashJeff on October 29, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Green Option

faraway on October 29, 2009 at 1:18 PM

The STFU And Go Stand In Line Option!

txag92 on October 29, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Can someone think of a GOP bill that had an Orwellian name? It seems it is only the DEms that have to do this.

WashJeff on October 29, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I can’t help thinking that doctors and patients who can swing it will work outside of this system. Wealthy patients will look for catastrophic coverage, while standing ready to pay for day-to-day care out of pocket. Sure, they may owe a penalty, but somehow they’ll make it work financially.

The end result: a have and have-not system in which some docs concentrate on high-end patients, leaving the rest of the population scratching to get into see the remaining doctors who, for whatever reason, aren’t in a position to conduct such a practice.

BuckeyeSam on October 29, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Dem’s Working Title for Dem Bills: Healthcare Slavery Act of 2009.

BuckeyeSam on October 29, 2009 at 1:24 PM

the i won option

ginaswo on October 29, 2009 at 1:24 PM

She is a disgrace, a traitor to her oath and a traitor to the country. Pond Scum. 2010 is around the corner and her power will cease to exist.

ultracon on October 29, 2009 at 1:24 PM

well washjeff you may not want to ask me that since I am a recovering lib

the clean air act was pretty you know, twisted naming conventions lol

ginaswo on October 29, 2009 at 1:25 PM

(a) PURPOSE.—
(1) IN GENERAL.—The purpose of this division is to provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending.

Wow, they almost got through the entire first paragraph before getting something completely wrong! Americans don’t want to reduce the growth of health care spending, they want to reduce the cost of health care insurance.

How many times can they miss the point completely?

MarkT on October 29, 2009 at 1:25 PM

no soup for you!

cmsinaz on October 29, 2009 at 1:25 PM

BREAKING:
Here is a comprehensive list of taxes from Americans for Tax Reform.

NTWR on October 29, 2009 at 1:27 PM

mankai on October 29, 2009 at 12:58 PM
This is not the bill you are looking for.

This is not the bill I am looking for.

BitterlyClinging on October 29, 2009 at 1:31 PM

mankai on October 29, 2009 at 12:58 PM
This is not the bill you are looking for.

This is not the bill I am looking for.

BitterlyClinging on October 29, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Move along.

DrRansom on October 29, 2009 at 1:34 PM

The Mandatory Option.

Abby Adams on October 29, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Alternatively:

The “Option”

Abby Adams on October 29, 2009 at 1:37 PM

(b) QUALIFIED CHILD DEFINED.—In this section,
2 the term ‘‘qualified child’’ means, with respect to a prin3
cipal enrollee in a qualified health benefits plan, an indi4
vidual who (but for age) would be treated as a dependent
5 child of the enrollee under such plan and who—
6 (1) is under 27 years of age; and

Wow, I only just stopped being a child! Imagine that! I guess I had a childhood pregnancy then, since my kid is 2.

NTWR on October 29, 2009 at 1:37 PM

On page 35 (of the above bill)we find this:

QUALIFIED CHILD DEFINED.—In this section,
the term ‘qualified child’ means, with respect to a partici
pant in a group health plan, an individual who (but for age) would be treated as a dependent child of the participant under such plan and who

(1) is under 27 years of age; and
(2) is not enrolled as a participant, beneficiary, or enrollee (other than under this section,22 section 704 of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, or section 2704 or 2746 of the Public Health Service Act) under any health insurance coverage or group health plan.

This answers one of the questions I asked at a town hall meeting. I would be required to provide coverage to my son or daughter until the age of 27. Is this correct?

mothra on October 29, 2009 at 1:38 PM

I won’t believe it if they kept the 500 million in Medicare cuts in the bill. If they kept the 500 million in Medicare cuts to pay for this they are not very smart.

ThackerAgency on October 29, 2009 at 1:39 PM

House Healthcare Bill Uses the Term “Tax” 87 Times

A word search of the 1,990-page House healthcare bill (H.R. 3962) reveals that the term “tax” is used 87 times, “taxable” is used 62 times, and “excise tax” is used 10 times.
Other terms of interest are as follows:

House Healthcare Bill (H.R. 3962)
Term

fbcmusicman on October 29, 2009 at 1:39 PM

(c) CLINICAL APPROPRIATENESS.—Nothing in this
8 Act shall be construed to prohibit a group health plan or
9 health insurance issuer from using medical management
10 practices so long as such management practices are based
11 on valid medical evidence and are relevant to the patient
12 whose medical treatment is under review.

Who determines what medical evidence is “valid”? Will it be like the “consensus” among scientists that Man Made Global warming is fact?

NTWR on October 29, 2009 at 1:39 PM

According to this parody, the announcement wasn’t made on the U.S. Capitol steps after all, but rather on the steps of an Aztec monument formerly used for human sacrifice: http://optoons.blogspot.com/2009/10/house-democrats-introduce-health-care.html

Mervis Winter on October 29, 2009 at 1:41 PM

So…what time tonight is the vote?

Patriot Vet on October 29, 2009 at 1:43 PM

ultracon says

She is a disgrace, a traitor to her oath and a traitor to the country.

And those are her good points.

Mason on October 29, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Most transparent administration evah! Bull C**P!

fbcmusicman on October 29, 2009 at 1:45 PM

(4) ABORTION SERVICES.—
9 (A) ABORTIONS FOR WHICH PUBLIC FUND10
ING IS PROHIBITED.—The services described in
11 this subparagraph are abortions for which the
12 expenditure of Federal funds appropriated for
13 the Department of Health and Human Services
14 is not permitted, based on the law as in effect
15 as of the date that is 6 months before the be16
ginning of the plan year involved.
17 (B) ABORTIONS FOR WHICH PUBLIC FUND
18ING IS ALLOWED.
—The services described in
19 this subparagraph are abortions for which the
20 expenditure of Federal funds appropriated for
21 the Department of Health and Human Services
22 is permitted, based on the law as in effect as
23 of the date that is 6 months before the begin
ning of the plan year involved.

So taxpayer dollars will be used for some abortions.

NTWR on October 29, 2009 at 1:47 PM

“The Government Rationing Option”?

This latest behemoth from Nancy P. is longer than her best-selling book. Where does this amazing women find the time or energy?

Bite me, Nancy.

onlineanalyst on October 29, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Excuse me, the competitive option.

Consumer option.

BadgerHawk on October 29, 2009 at 12:59 PM

The Super Terrific Happy Option!!

mankai on October 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM

The Competitive Choice Freedom Option.

LibTired on October 29, 2009 at 1:07 PM

We’ve always been at war with Eastasia….

UnderstandingisPower on October 29, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Remember the good old days—when 1,500 pages (or less) got you a great novel like WAR AND PEACE. Now for 1,900 pages we get MORE (government)AND PIECE (all that’s left of your liberties and freedom).

texabama on October 29, 2009 at 2:03 PM

1900 pages?

They needed that much construction paper on which to crayon in a big, steaming pile of crap?

Oh, I forgot the photographs of Barney Frank’s conquests. They fill up the remaining 1899 pages of the document, undoubtedly.

Worthless, incompetent, corrupt Democrats strike again.

Kill the bill.

NoDonkey on October 29, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Surtax on Individuals and Small Businesses (Page 336): Imposes an income surtax of 5.4 percent on MAGI over $500,000 ($1 million married filing jointly). MAGI adds back in the itemized deduction for margin loan interest. This would raise the top marginal tax rate in 2011 from 39.6 percent under current law to 45 percent—a new effective top rate.

Check out that last line. First of all, it’s presumed that the Bush tax cuts WILL expire in 2011, at least for the top brackets. And on top of that, the rate will increase to 45%. And that’s just the federal income tax.

R.I.P. Small Businesses of America

Doughboy on October 29, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Well I didn’t have to read any further then the “A BILL” section where it says “health care spending, and
for other purposes.” Sounds like an open porkulus bill to me I thought this was a health not other purposes. Good grief write your self a blank check and law to cover the world congress.

Release on October 29, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Release beat me to it. Gotta love the subtitle of the bill:

“To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce
the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes.”

smfoushee on October 29, 2009 at 2:10 PM

and for other purposes

This reads like what’s in my school teacher contract: “other duties as prescribed by the administration”
They can literally make me do anything.
B’crats-they ALL have something in common-fleecing of the tax payer/worker.

Badger40 on October 29, 2009 at 2:14 PM

R.I.P. Small Businesses of America

Doughboy on October 29, 2009 at 2:03 PM

We’ve been ripped on for quite a while now.
The ship Entrepreneurship sunk a long time ago.
It’s only a matter of time where there is only one provider of ALL materials: Wal-mart.
The rest of us will work for Wal-mart.

Badger40 on October 29, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Am I reading this section correctly:

Page 170 – SEC. 303. Benefits Package Levels
Subsection (d) Treatment of State Benefit Mandates

Does that stipulate that any state that likes their mandates can keep their mandates, but only if they reimburse the feds for the amount it costs to cover individuals above and beyond what the fed agrees to pay? So its okay for states and the feds to stipulate how much a private company can charge and that company can’t demand a partial refund from the state, but let the feds step in and they get a refund while the private insurers don’t?

WTF?

So not only will an entity that doesn’t have to make a profit and can print their own money get to compete with private companies that don’t have those luxuries, now the feds will one up them again by getting refunds from the states to offset the state’s mandates.

This “competitive” option is looking more like a monopoly/kickback scheme with each passing day.

smfoushee on October 29, 2009 at 2:18 PM

I hope every small buisness owner who has empoyees that supported 0bama, get the fast track to the umemployment line first when they are forced to cut employees..

TEXASLEGAL on October 29, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Umm what the hell is all over that officer’s face?

TheBlueSite on October 29, 2009 at 2:22 PM

The STFU And Go Stand In Line Option!

txag92 on October 29, 2009 at 1:20 PM

That’s pretty much what I get out of it.
Not like with car insurance bcs if you don’t own a car, you’re not forced to get it.
But bcs we have bodies, we’ll be strong-armed into buying into this crap.
Seriously-I can just put my $$ into a savings account & pay for any health care expenses better than I can paying for a bloated piece of b’crap-piracy that they force on me.
This is seriously wacked.
I can’t believe I live in America.

Badger40 on October 29, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I heard Andrew Wilkow stating that the part about having access to your bank account is in there some where?

TEXASLEGAL on October 29, 2009 at 2:24 PM

1990 pages of stupidity
my head is going to explode

tehd on October 29, 2009 at 2:25 PM

smfoushee on October 29, 2009 at 2:18 PM

It reminds me of this.

I fear that bcs of this, we’ll only have one provider to go to.

Badger40 on October 29, 2009 at 2:26 PM

She makes wine in her chateau while the serfs suffer.
She sees no problem there at all.

bbz123 on October 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I think I heard her exclaim:

“Let them eat cake!”

but I can’t be sure.

alohapundit on October 29, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Ok so what’s the odds this pos bill will DIE?

TEXASLEGAL on October 29, 2009 at 2:32 PM

The Socialists were really really just been warming up the propaganda machine before.

It is now officially 1984.

logis on October 29, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Excuse me, the competitive option.

Consumer option
BadgerHawk on October 29, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Er, uh I thought it was the “Co-op” option? I’m so confused, what are the dems goin t call it next week? May I suggest the “bend over and take it option” or perhaps the “hurry up and die option” or maybe the “you’re too old so just die already” option?

Any other commentors on HA have any suggestions for more public option names? Personally I prefer the “not on your life option” but please feel free to add on!

Liberty or Death on October 29, 2009 at 2:47 PM

NTWR on October 29, 2009 at 1:39 PM

You are on the right track; Al Gore, the inventor of the internet, will also determine which medical procedures are necessary and unnecessary.

And the name of this beautiful piece of legislation is The I-Got-Elected-to-Congress-So-I-Know-What-Is-Best-For-You-But-I-Don’t-Have-To-Use-It Plan.

SouperConservative on October 29, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Seems as good a time as any to pass along the email I got the other day.

> Dear All 535 voting members of the Legislature.
> It is now official:
> The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775 – you have had 234 years to get it right;
> it is broke.
> Social Security was established in 1935 – you have had 74 years to get it right;
> it is broke.
> Fannie Mae was established in 1938 – you have had 71 years to get it right;
> it is broke..
> Department of Education started in 1980 under President Carter. You have had 29 years to improve education. Study after study shows our education system has gone down hill under federal government control: It is a failure.
> War on Poverty started in 1964 – you have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor”; it hasn’t worked. They are as poor now as they were then.
> Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965 – you’ve had 44 years to get it right; they’re broke.
> Freddie Mac was established in 1970 – you have had 39 years to get it right; it is broke.
> Trillions of dollars in the massive political payoff called the TARP bill of 2009 shows NO sign of working.
> And finally to set a new record:
> “Cash for Clunkers” was established in 2009 and went broke in 2009! It took good dependable cars (that were the best some people could afford) replaced them with high priced (people who couldn’t afford to are now making payments) mostly Japanese models so a good percentage of the profits, from the sales, went out of the country. And lastly, the American taxpayers are now going to be dinged with paying for yet 3 billion more dollars of our governments experiments to make our wallets even thinner.
> So with a perfect 100% failure rate and a record that proves that “services” you shove down our throats are failing faster and faster, you want Americans to believe you can be trusted with a government-run health care system? 15% of our economy? Are you for real?
> Truly, the inmates are running the asylum! And what does this say about voters who put such in office? Maybe we need to let others in on this brilliant record before 2010 and just vote against incumbents.

stacy on October 29, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Government run health care as long as Nanzi invites you.

d1carter on October 29, 2009 at 2:56 PM

BuckeyeSam on October 29, 2009 at 1:22 PM

I wouldn’t count on it. They’ll simple raise the penalties to impossible levels. Their goal is single-payer and they will do whatever it takes to get it. Even if the ultra rich are willing to pay riduculous penalties, the new battle cry of the left will be that it is not fair that some can afford whatever medical care they want while the “middle class” has no choice but government healthcare.

neuquenguy on October 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM

So taxpayer dollars will be used for some abortions.

NTWR on October 29, 2009 at 1:47 PM

This was my first search too. No need to read any further.

D.O.A.

BobMbx on October 29, 2009 at 3:17 PM

The real rub here is that none of these puffed up self-aggrandizing demagogues will have to endure this nightmare. They are exempt and have their own special “cadillac” health care.

Pitchforks and torches anyone?

Dukehoopsfan on October 29, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Speaker Pelosi’s goal is to provide high quality, affordable health care to all members of Congress and the the illusion of health care to many other Americans.

snaggletoothie on October 29, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Silence, you peons! The Central Committee has spoken! Back to your hovels before we set the dogs on you.

mojo on October 29, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Too bad the GOP peed away their majority on their Misunderestimated Mesopotamian Misadventures, assaults on the Bill of Rights, NCLB, and expanding Medicare, hm?

They could have implemented free market solutions in health care, protected our liberties rather than undermine them, gotten a handle on the insane borrowing, spending and printing, easy credit, “ownership society,” “New Economy,” and fought the enemy within, but noooo. Preemptive perpetual nation-building wars in the ME was more important to the Bush tools. Still is, oddly enough!

Thanks again, “conservatives.” I hope “spreading democracy” to a bunch of backward tribalists was worth losing our republic over.

Between the domestic interventionists on the left, and the foreign interventionists on the right, and all bipartisanship in between, we’ll be going the way of the Roman empire sooner rather than later. The only question is whether the fall results in a return to our Constitutional principles, or the US descends into totalitarianism.

Rae on October 29, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Absolutely…..unquestionably…..without a doubt…..

THE WORST SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE!

EVER!!!!!

pilamaye on October 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM

The STFU And Go Stand In Line Option!

txag92 on October 29, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Winner and +1,000

The only thing left to do now is pray hard the Blue Dawgs and our RINOS take a stand for America, Americans, the last beacon of democracy and defeat this behemoth. I have emailed and tea partied and phone called all I can. What is there left to do other than to pray?

freeus on October 29, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Anecdotal evidence of an option we will NOT have:

during a recent minor surgery I asked both my family doctor and the surgeon what impact the passage of a bill would have on their practices.

My family doctor said she would hold out for a while, but probably end up returning to her home country, the Philippines, to practice.

The surgeon said he would retire.

I’m in a small rural area, with few doctors. The loss of these 2 would mean obvious problems, and probably other doctors around here are considering their options.

Doubt it would be much different anywhere.

jodetoad on October 29, 2009 at 4:17 PM

The MOAB Option

(Mother Of All BOHICAs)

karl9000 on October 29, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Rae on October 29, 2009 at 4:02 PM

So you voted for Obama and like your dear leader blame anyone but yourself and rewrite history.

jdkchem on October 29, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Rae on October 29, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Furthermore, before you spew more nonsense about how so and so should have done whatever you conjure up. Explain how conservatives could have ever passed free market options in congress? Any bill would have been dead. If you cannot fathom that reality how often have conservatives tried to privatize social security and had that free market option shot down? While your at it who exactly is responsible for easy credit? Did Bush sign the CRA? Did Bush stop regulation of freddie-mac? Why don’t you educate everyone how law enforcement was a far better anti-terrorism strategy.

Have you been an idiot residing in fantasy-land all of your life?

jdkchem on October 29, 2009 at 4:44 PM

jdkchem on October 29, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Oh hell no I did not vote for Obama. I am ashamed to say that I set aside my principles, held my nose and voted for the TR progressives in the race (aka McCain-Palin) rather than Barr or a Ron Paul write-in.

“Rewrite history?” It is what it is.

Rae on October 29, 2009 at 4:48 PM

If the bill is written by Pelosi, then it is written in Pig Latin…

right2bright on October 29, 2009 at 5:10 PM

IF THIS MORE-OUTRAGEOUS THAN EVER “HEALTH CARE” BILL PASSES:

1. This bill will end employment in the USA, because no employer can afford the taxes and regulations. This includes big employers, because they will not be able to force their employees into this thing and because they will not be able to afford the fines for not forcing their employees into it. It also includes small employers because they will not be able to put up with the constant harassment from the IRS and other government snoops.

2. Citizens will quickly discover that being a non-citizen is much less expensive. They will adapt in imaginative ways.

3. The underground economy will mushroom and take over as the primary economy in the USA. Virtually all commerce will become “cash only.” Internet sales will all be conducted from outside the USA.

4. Seventh Day Adventists and other sects which have a “religious exemption” will suddenly gain tens of millions of new “members”.

5. Hospitals will collapse. The government will “rescue” (seize) them, leading to a mass resignation of doctors and other health care providers.

6. A “health care underground” will spring up, complete with “cash only” services (just like the “Speak-Easy” establishments of the Prohibition era), appointments-by-referral-only, and an elaborate drug smuggling network.

7. Pharmacies will collapse and convert to general stores which carry only over-the-counter drugs. It will become nearly impossible to fill a prescription without using the “health care underground” or traveling to Mexico.

8. The dollar will be devalued by a minimum of 13.4% (=2.9% existing Medicare tax + 8% new employer tax + 2.5% new employee tax) to compensate for the portion of every dollar which will be wasted on a health care system which doesn’t work, nobody wants, and nobody can access.

In summary: The government will tax everyone to death in order to pay for “free” health care. But with only a government health insurance policy in hand, nobody will be able to find a health care provider willing to work for what the government will pay them. There will be no such thing as “Employment.”

landlines on October 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I loved this at instapundit today:

lorien1973 on October 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM

The only dream this will fulfill is the ” Nightmare on Elm Street “

bluegrass on October 29, 2009 at 6:10 PM

lorien1973 on October 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I haven’t visited Instapundit to check for attribution, but this is taken from Daniel Henninger’s column entitled “Obama and the Old Hat People” in today’s WSJ. The whole piece is well worth reading.

ya2daup on October 29, 2009 at 11:16 PM

1,900+ pages? What’s the carbon footprint of this monstrosity? Did they file an environmental impact statement before releasing this ginormous turd?

ya2daup on October 29, 2009 at 11:25 PM