Poll: 63% say media coverage of Obama is either fair or … too critical

posted at 9:24 pm on October 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

Maybe the Mayans were right about 2012 being the End Times. This feels like a sign.

pew

It’s not just lefties; indies hit a combined 60 percent too. Could be that we conservatives are simply viewing things through right-tinted glasses, but when even an outfit as lefty as Vanity Fair accuses the White House of being “in greater control of the media than any administration before them,” I’m inclined to look deeper. One possibility: These results may indicate how large Fox News looms in the public’s media imagination. Glenn Beck’s been on the cover of Time, Obama’s top henchmen have been on Sunday morning chat shows whining about Hannity et al., and Nielsen often shows FNC drawing more viewers in primetime than the other three cable nets combined. The channel’s outsized prominence may be almost singlehandedly “balancing” the coverage of The One in voters’ minds. In fact, another question polled by Pew shows 47 percent labeling Fox as “mostly conservative”; by comparison, the news network with the highest number of those saying it’s “mostly liberal” (i.e. CNN) tops out at just 37 percent.

On a very much related note, this post by John Simpson made me laugh harder than any other in recent memory. Remember when Olby, Maddow, Shuster and the rest of the fair-and-balanced gang at MSNBC were reduced to doing stand-up routines about conservative “teabagging”? Simpson sure does:

I seriously doubt teabagger is an epithet conservative Republicans will embrace. Who would? But then it occurred to me. Who’s doing the real oral servicing here? We Tea Partiers, who object tooth and nail to every major scam and power grab liberal Democrats and the President are trying to shove down our throats? Or liberal left-wing mouthpieces who can’t open wide and fast enough for Obama’s Chocolate Munchkin Donut Drop?

Let’s face it. When the White House emails you on the air to correct you, there’s some serious dunking going on there. Funny. Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann, who foisted that term in full measure on the public consciousness in mid-April, spent two and a half hours in secret with the President and some other major Obama microphones a few days ago. From what little we hear, the President spent some time railing against FOX News and Glenn Beck, but lips have been sealed very tight around the rest of what went on there. Could it be it was “time to take the dough nuts”?

Personally, I wouldn’t want that getting out either. But I think there was some hardcore slam-dunking going on there, and I’m not talking LeBron James.

Follow the link for further thoughts about an “airtight seal.” Exit question: In an NPR(!) online poll of almost 400,000 people, 56 percent side with Fox News over the White House?

Update: This seems like the right place for a link to Ace’s thoughts about “holding democracy hostage,” too.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Fair? I’d call it poor.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on October 29, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I think this poll has been ‘teabagged’.

AUINSC on October 29, 2009 at 9:28 PM

In other news: Up is Down and Satan has purchased flood Insurance.

Amadeus on October 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Pew polls stink.

Christian Conservative on October 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM

=============================

Ya,the Liberals will get a sign alright,the Sun will
unleash a giant ‘Kill-shot’,er,Solar Flare!!

canopfor on October 29, 2009 at 9:33 PM

“Maybe the Mayans were right about 2012 being the End Times”

Of that…

… I have no doubt.

Seven Percent Solution on October 29, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Being a whiny crybaby has its advantages.

LibTired on October 29, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Poll: 63% say media coverage of Obama is either fair or … too critical

And 68% say the coverage has been fair or not critical enough.

C’mon, AP, you can do better than that.

malclave on October 29, 2009 at 9:35 PM

63% says too critical,
and in 57 States,survey says,
he’s the WON!!Ugh.

canopfor on October 29, 2009 at 9:35 PM

There is something odd about some of these polls lately…first we hear that most are against ObamaCare…but most want the public option…now we get this. I know that close to a plurality of this nation is functionally retarded…but, still…this doesn’t add up.

AUINSC on October 29, 2009 at 9:35 PM

America has been kidnapped. Be on the look out for cute tyke wearing red, white, and blue.

I.WANT.AMERICA.BACK!!!!

redwhiteblue on October 29, 2009 at 9:35 PM

And 68% say the coverage has been fair or not critical enough.

So you think “fair” is a defensible position here?

I suspect most HA commenters would disagree.

Allahpundit on October 29, 2009 at 9:36 PM

DO you think the media is too critical of Obama or are you a racist?

Yes or no.

jukin on October 29, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Whaaaaaaat?

OneGyT on October 29, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Poll: 68% say media coverage of Obama is either fair or …not critical enough

Joe Caps on October 29, 2009 at 9:39 PM

D’oh! Sorry, malclave.

Joe Caps on October 29, 2009 at 9:40 PM

I think this just proves that some independents are just fence sitters and want everyone to just get along – the give him a chance crowd. The ones that couldn’t and wouldn’t take a side if their lives depended on it.
And it’s about to.

JeffinOrlando on October 29, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Poll: 68% say media coverage of Obama is either fair or …not critical enough

Joe Caps on October 29, 2009 at 9:39 PM

You’re missing the point here. Unless you’re willing to argue that the coverage really has been fair — which most conservatives aren’t — then you shouldn’t be lumping that group with the group that says it hasn’t been critical enough.

Allahpundit on October 29, 2009 at 9:42 PM

73% of Independents think the media coverage of Obama is either fair or not critical enough.

Maxpower on October 29, 2009 at 9:44 PM

That’s like saying the Goebbels propaganda machine didn’t praise Hitler’s speeches enough.

technopeasant on October 29, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Maybe it does speak to the irrelevance of the network news and/or relevance of Fox. Maybe it includes other news outlets as well.

There has also been some notable criticism from the left. People that think he needs to shove things through even if unpopular. Thinking of Maher’s comment in particular. To us it is almost a footnote but to mister center-left, who still thinks Obama is A-OK, this might be a haymaker from someone they didn’t expect it from. Someone they pay attention to.

stldave on October 29, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I always love the 3%-6% of people in every poll who just “don’t know”.

SouthernGent on October 29, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Poll, schmoll.

1921 C DRUM on October 29, 2009 at 9:48 PM

So you think “fair” is a defensible position here?

I suspect most HA commenters would disagree.

Allahpundit on October 29, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I have voted Libertarian since Dole, so I’d call myself an independent voter. Now the question is, has press coverage been fair and the truth is, I watch Fox News, Beck, follow Jake Tapper, those guys are keeping the White House honest. On the other hand, plenty in the MSM aren’t, so you have some of both ends of the spectrum. I’d call that down the middle or fair.

We’ve just become so used to bad journalism that we look at FNC (who is merely doing their job) and think, man, they’re tough.

LastRick on October 29, 2009 at 9:49 PM

I’m not sure if people know what bias is. When everything is biased in the same way, it’s hard to know what it is.

lorien1973 on October 29, 2009 at 9:49 PM

The mass insanity of Sept 2008 continues. There is no other explanation for this sort of a total break with reality. Absolutely bone-chilling.

progressoverpeace on October 29, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Poll: 63% say media coverage of Obama is either fair or … too critical

Depressing. Only 37& are not either uninformed, brainwashed or stupid. And 37% of Republicans fall into this fair/too critical group.

Basilsbest on October 29, 2009 at 9:52 PM

What’s that on the horizion? Oh, just four horsemen, one of them said “just call me Death”.

Freaky…

Hog Wild on October 29, 2009 at 9:53 PM

AUINSC on October 29, 2009 at 9:35 PM

The numbers are rigged like, the economic data.

Jeff2161 on October 29, 2009 at 9:53 PM

I.WANT.AMERICA.BACK!!!!

redwhiteblue on October 29, 2009 at 9:35 PM

redwhiteblue: Speaking of,I watched Speilbergs movie 1941
again,last night,ooooooooh the memories!:)

canopfor on October 29, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Get Serious.

fogw on October 29, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Poll: 68% say media coverage of Obama is either fair or …not critical enough

Joe Caps on October 29, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Allahpundit on October 29, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Yeah, but thinking the coverage is fair can mean a lot of things – maybe they mostly get their news from fox. Or they get it from all stations, but figure that as long as someone (i.e. Fox) is criticizing Obama, then he isn’t getting away with anything, which is fair.

In any case, its hardly insane in the way that thinking Obama is being criticized too harshly is. So a lot of people are wrong, but most are only somewhat wrong.

RINO in Name Only on October 29, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Allahpundit on October 29, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Well I think you were on to something with the Fox News angle. When you consider Fox News, WSJ and Talk Radio, I think many people in the “fair” category think that the MSM is biased in general, but is balanced by those three.

Joe Caps on October 29, 2009 at 9:54 PM

My jaw literally dropped when I read the headline. I clicked on the link to see who conducted the poll. This can’t possibly be true…and haven’t there been polls in the past couple of months saying the majority of people think the media helped elect Obama and give him favorable coverage? I thought I read that here.

ramrants on October 29, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Maybe all the whining is working.

PoodleSkirt on October 29, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I think a big problem with this poll is the choice of the word “fair”.

Say I’m a respondent that doesn’t like Obama and welcomes the “attacks” from FNC. Is the media coverage too critical? Hell no. Is it not critical enough? No, it’s working, Obama’s popularity is dropping. Do I have no opinion? Of course not, I’m intelligent, I want to tell the pollster something. So all I’m left with is “fair”.

It’s like when we’re asked by pollsters is Obama exceeding or failing to meet our expectations? And you answer, no, he’s meeting them perfectly, I thought he would suck before we elected him and he’s proving me right.

LastRick on October 29, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Ongoing Lefty Perception/Deception campaign!!

canopfor on October 29, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Freaky…

Hog Wild on October 29, 2009 at 9:53 PM

You meet them to, maybe there’s something going on.

the_nile on October 29, 2009 at 10:03 PM

ya think?

Grow Fins on October 29, 2009 at 10:04 PM

This can’t possibly be true…

let’s imagine for a moment it is…..you and your world view are utterly out of whack with majority perception of reality in this country. maybe it is time to secede and leave the rest of us normal folk alone.

Grow Fins on October 29, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Grow Fins on October 29, 2009 at 10:04 PM

He was being facetious, ya know.

AUINSC on October 29, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Grow Fins on October 29, 2009 at 10:06 PM

And if you were honest, you’d try that on yourself…

AUINSC on October 29, 2009 at 10:07 PM

“…the White House of being “in greater control of the media than any administration before them,”

You think…? There are enough semen stained blue dresses and suits from the press to start a sperm bank!

Seven Percent Solution on October 29, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Grow Fins on October 29, 2009 at 10:06 PM

I think normal people might take offense to you getting on that bus. No wait. I’m sorry. I’m sure they’ll take offense to that.

lorien1973 on October 29, 2009 at 10:08 PM

keep the ratings numbers in mind when you read that poll. The majority of people in the US are getting their news from Fox, not from MSNBC or CBS.

Given that I’d say it’s fair to say the bulk of the coverage they see is fair or (depending on their opinions) “too critical.”

cameo on October 29, 2009 at 10:08 PM

They only shield me from CNN fact checking SNL ..

the_nile on October 29, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Ridiculous nonsense.

BottomLine5 on October 29, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Grow Fins on October 29, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Here, let’s try this:

Obama is running the most transparent administration possible:

Fact: “More than 40% of President Obama’s top-level fundraisers have secured posts in his administration, from key executive branch jobs to diplomatic postings in countries such as France, Spain and the Bahamas, a USA TODAY analysis finds.”

Now, square that circle normal person.

AUINSC on October 29, 2009 at 10:10 PM

You are looking at it all wrong. Many more people say “not critical enough” compared to “too critical”. “Fair”, in this context, is practically identical to answering “don’t know”

Resolute on October 29, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Why does anybody think that “fair” and “too critical” can just be added together? They are separate and distinct reponses.

Let’s add “air” and “not critical enough” and see what we get. Well, those numbers come to 68%.

Really Right on October 29, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Any American who does not fear the way the media has been promoting and protecting The Precedent and the feral government is an idiot who has no concept of history, nor of the mechanics of nations. Our nation has never been presented with the sort of threat that a feral government and complicit media pose. This is something for the history books, really. It shall be a cautionary tale for the ages. And it all grew from affirmative action and white guilt. Crazy.

progressoverpeace on October 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Public Option needed to compete with media.

PrezHussein on October 29, 2009 at 10:17 PM

The only numbers that matter in this poll are the “too critical” and “not critical enough”… “Fair” and “don’t know” are equal to “I’m not really paying attention”…. And of the classes, only Independents matter…

The “biggest change is the 10 point shift out of “fair”,(not listening), for independents… They are starting to pay attention. The big dog is getting off the porch…

TheChicagoWay on October 29, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Look, the fact is that most folks simply don’t pore over every story and every aspect of White House coverage like we do here. The majority of Americans finding the coverage to be “fair” doesn’t surprise me in the least.

73% of Independents here think it’s fair, or not critical enough… so I don’t think this poll represents anything out of the ordinary. As a matter of fact, for both total and independent results, “not critical enough” finds a higher percentage than “too critical.”

I don’t know how the poll was taken, but just a quick glance at the chart doesn’t seem to send any shivers down any part of my anatomy.

12thMonkey on October 29, 2009 at 10:17 PM

I was afraid this would happen. The problem is that the “right” radio and blogs don’t spend near enough time whipping the GOP into shape. Malkin does a great job with her “upside down elephant”. But you listen to Rush and Hannity especially and they spend 100% of their time bashing Obama and zero time trying to analyze/troubleshoot what went wrong on 11/7/06 and 11/4/08. What little time they do give to that subject is in vague generalities.

If we get our own dysfunctional GOP house in order everything else will simply fall into place.
There’s been some improvement this past week what with this Hoffman/NY23rd business. But mostly the GOP of 11/4/08 remains with us, sadly. Darvin Dowdy

Darvin Dowdy on October 29, 2009 at 10:17 PM

progressoverpeace

Crazy? You sure are! Bat-sh*t-General-Jack-Ripper crazy. But what do I know? I just happen to be part of a 63% majority.

Grow Fins on October 29, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Biased sampling.

Also, the Kool-Aid needs another couple months to wear off.

wildcat84 on October 29, 2009 at 10:20 PM

And 68% say the coverage has been fair or not critical enough.

So you think “fair” is a defensible position here?

I suspect most HA commenters would disagree.

Allahpundit on October 29, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Since “fair” is the neutral position in the poll, I think it might be to those respondents.

Now, I disagree with them… but I can see how they might consider their news source as “fair”.

malclave on October 29, 2009 at 10:21 PM

I just happen to be part of a 63% majority.

Grow Fins on October 29, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Thanks for admitting you belong to that group that will believe anything.

fogw on October 29, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Oh, and “fair” is an interesting word.

As pointed out above, depending on where you’re getting your media coverage from, it may indeed be fair.

I think in a lot of ways the coverage I get now, from Fox and other outlets that didn’t exist twenty years ago, is far more fair than what Reagan and Bush 1 had to endure under the total and complete left-wing media domination.

12thMonkey on October 29, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Example # 1,442 that Libs are stupid and/or ignorant.

marklmail on October 29, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Stay away from polls, else you may catch something you cannot get rid of.

Dave R. on October 29, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Grow Fins on October 29, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Not according to your ‘Lamb of God’ approval poll numbers you aren’t.

AUINSC on October 29, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Oooo-wheee!! I love it when AllahP descends into The Pit with the rest of us….do it some more, fella!!!

Fortunata on October 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM

12thMonkey on October 29, 2009 at 10:17 PM

But you didn’t have to pay close attention to see what ahppened during the campaign. And even casual observers saw his World Traitor Tour and how he denigrated the US at every single opportunity. No one can even find an example of him praising anything but himself. The Traitor-in-Chief has not done a single thing in public view that has been smart, or American, in any way, and there have been basically no negative stories about any of it, other than on Fox, talk radio and the internet – which most don’t see.

This is just the extension of that mass insanity – and it is literal insanity combined with intense stupidity and America-hate. It leads to a very, very dark future.

progressoverpeace on October 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM

I just happen to be part of a 63% majority.

Grow Fins on October 29, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Well, that’s a winning argument!

Weight of Glory on October 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM

BULL!ST!!!!!!

Winebabe on October 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM

This is just the extension of that mass insanity -

progressoverpeace on October 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Meaning the insanity that swept the nation in Sept/Oct 2008 with the credit crisis.

progressoverpeace on October 29, 2009 at 10:30 PM

I hate the bastard.

suzyk on October 29, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Moronic headline

WoosterOh on October 29, 2009 at 10:33 PM

half the people who always are polled are women, and 3/5 of those will always be dependent by nature and part of the parasite class, seeking out the surrogate husband or father in the form of government provider. Among the remaining men, 2/5 will be gay or have an otherwise liberal tendency ( drug addicts, criminals, lawyers, government check receivers, etc. ).

The remaining 40% of all Americans need to declare independence from the parasite majority and the sooner the better. The Democrat/Republican ruling class smartly, from their perspective, created a generation of people who never had to contemplate dying for the preservation of freedom. We have to learn how to be Freedom Fighters now.

Buddahpundit on October 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM

progressoverpeace on October 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM

I’m constantly amazed by how little intelligent, thoughtful people know about the world around them. Especially politics.

I work as a human resource manager for a division of a fairly large evil pharma company, and I’m surrounded by a lot of intelligent people every day.

You should see the blank stares I get if I mention something like “Cash for Clunkers” or “Obamacare” or, heaven forbid, something like “Cap and Trade.” These folks have kids to take to baseball, they have gardens to work in, they have additions on their houses to paint… none of this involves Obama.

I know you’re going to disagree, but I think that such a large percentage saying it’s fair or not critical enough is a lot better than it could be.

12thMonkey on October 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Busy people with jobs NEVER answer a phone call from a pollster.

John the Libertarian on October 29, 2009 at 10:41 PM

12thMonkey on October 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I don’t disagree. I have friends who do stun me with their lack of caring or knowledge about what’s going on. But, even when I explain it to them, they still don’t care, and that is what I am talking about. I think that this level signals extreme ugliness barreling down the road, in and of itself. It could be worse, and it probably will get worse. That’s how these things go …

progressoverpeace on October 29, 2009 at 10:42 PM

So you think “fair” is a defensible position here?
Allahpundit on October 29, 2009 at 9:36 PM

No, but a large part of the public (including 43% of Republicans in August, apparently) are still clueless as to how bad and pervasive media bias is, and still haven’t gotten the full story, so I expected some of this. Frustrating, yes.

But for me the ray of hope in the data is how the numbers actually improved between August and October, suggesting the public’s ignorance might have fallen another notch.

Not only did your # fall from 66% to 63%, but Democrats’ and Independents’ “fair” ratings took a dive, splitting just about equally between “too harsh” and “not harsh enough”. Republicans’ “not harsh enough” rating changed by +8, subtracting from your composite “you’ve got to be kidding” category. (Them’s not scare-quotes, them’s coin-a-term quotes!) In other words, good news!

RD on October 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

12thMonkey on October 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Roger over and out!
Too many people playing farm town and mafia wars cuz that is what’s really important.

kahall on October 29, 2009 at 10:52 PM

RD on October 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

IOW the numbers between Aug. and Oct. are beginning to polarize at the very least, and actually look to be improving. This latest round with the White House and Fox News may be helping; it seems as if each time Fox crosses the media firewall, a new batch of previously unaware people are exposed to the Media War and, at the very least, don’t see things in business-as-usual terms anymore.

RD on October 29, 2009 at 10:53 PM

From Thomas Frank’s WSJ column
Obama Is Right About Fox News

Here’s two good quotes from the article:

“But no journalistic operation is better prepared to sing the tragedy of its own martyrdom than Fox News. To all the usual journalistic instincts it adds its grand narrative of Middle America’s disrespectful treatment by the liberal elite. Persecution fantasy is Fox News’s lifeblood; give it the faintest whiff of the real thing and look out for a gale-force hissy fit.”
“To point out that this network is different, that it is intensely politicized, that it inhabits an alternate reality defined by an imaginary conflict between noble heartland patriots and devious liberals—to be aware of these things is not the act of a scheming dictatorial personality. It is the obvious conclusion drawn by anybody with eyes and ears.”

disillusioned on October 29, 2009 at 11:17 PM

WTF?

Who’d they poll?

The White House domestic staff?

CPT. Charles on October 29, 2009 at 11:23 PM

But what do I know? I just happen to be part of a 63% majority.

Grow Fins on October 29, 2009 at 10:18 PM

march along little sheep

what an idiot

CWforFreedom on October 29, 2009 at 11:27 PM

disillusioned on October 29, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Like I’ve said before, the only man on cable news who isn’t either in an alternate reality or deep in the pockets of special interests is Judge Napolitano on Fox News.

The Dean on October 29, 2009 at 11:30 PM

If most people actually pay attention, how in the world did someone like Walter Cronkite earn the label “most trusted man in news?” People thought every word out of his mouth was dead-on balls accurate and that he was moderate and unbiased. Yet we know the guy was a flaming liberal, as were Brokaw, Jennings, Rather, etc.

All the proof I need about the public’s lack of attention is, I hate to say, my own sister, who told me during the Democratic primary that she thought Obama was a center-moderate.

Erich66 on October 29, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Newflash!!
The people who responded fair ARE watching FOX.
The people respinding not critical enough are watching MSNBC,CNN, CBS,NBC and ABC.
This poll actually shows that Americans are negative towards Obama not positive. Only 26 percent said too critical. That’s all the support Obama really has left.

LeeSeneca on October 29, 2009 at 11:38 PM

I think this poll simply reflects the aftermath of the Townhalls and Teaparties. That criticism, and many of the hostile signs, really bothered a lot of nice people.

AnninCA on October 29, 2009 at 11:39 PM

What a load of pure, unfiltered Barbra Streisand.

Cylor on October 29, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Looking at the details more closely, I found that 40% of the respondents claimed to watch Fox on a regular basis. If on believe’s Fox claims of the failrly even distribution of Liberals and conservatives in their viewing audience, that means that a reasonable estimate of conservatives in the Pew poll would be on the order of 25%. Since it is difficult to discerne a further separation of independants from the liberals, but would note that a similar percentage regularly watched CNN and the networks daily, it is probably safe to assume that a high percentage of the remaining 75% are probably fairly liberal…

So, in short, I believe this poll is slanted unrealistically to the liberal side of the spectrum; and therefore I’m not suprised at the results…

So, it’s not good for the snark, but will make me sleep a lot better, knowing that those 4 horseman won’t be saddling up anytime soon based on the results of this poll…

All the best

RocketmanBob on October 29, 2009 at 11:54 PM

All the best

RocketmanBob on October 29, 2009 at 11:54 PM

No four horsemen, but I do think everyone needs to turn down the dial on rhetoric.

People are stressed enough.

AnninCA on October 29, 2009 at 11:56 PM

I’d have to say that’s the only answer, and as you see, I emphasized “imagination.” As Fox’s viewership grows, there are still the stalwart denialists who refuse to watch and just parrot what they are told.

Connie on October 29, 2009 at 11:56 PM

So you think “fair” is a defensible position here?
Allahpundit on October 29, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Maybe they get their coverage from Hot Air.

Ronnie on October 29, 2009 at 11:56 PM

I personally cannot WAIT until we get over shock jocks. Omigosh, I can’t stand any of them, right or left. And then the other networks do stories on the shockjocks.

Media reporting on media. *blech*

AnninCA on October 29, 2009 at 11:59 PM

He’s incompetent.

spmat on October 30, 2009 at 12:15 AM

He’s incompetent.

spmat on October 30, 2009 at 12:15 AM

More than Bush? I can’t imagine a more stupid move than selling a war on false intelligence.

That really does define political stupidity. He may have killed an entire party with that bonehead move.

AnninCA on October 30, 2009 at 12:19 AM

As for Kurtz trying to slime Lieberman, Kurtz should have been concerned about democracy before today for me to be inclined to listen to him on the subject.

snaggletoothie on October 30, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Grow Fins on October 29, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Incidentally, that would put the rest of us in the 68% majority.

BlueCollarAstronaut on October 30, 2009 at 12:41 AM

AnninCA on October 30, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Per that argument, it’s not his fault the intelligence was false….and the fact that he “sold” the war on that intelligence would indict more than just him.

That’s not a very good argument.

BlueCollarAstronaut on October 30, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Bush had a birth certificate. Just sayin’….

BHO Jonestown on October 30, 2009 at 12:48 AM

AnninCA on October 30, 2009 at 12:19 AM

I know you’d prefer to have saddam around, but Obama already has more terrorist pals than he can handle right now. The guy needs time to golf, you know.

Ronnie on October 30, 2009 at 12:48 AM

disillusioned on October 29, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Dude.

That’s Thomas Frank. And he’s spouting pure opinion. Nary a fact nor an argument to blemish his column.

Why on earth should anyone care what he thinks about Fox News?

notropis on October 30, 2009 at 12:57 AM

11% of the respondents listed MSNBC as “mostly conservative.”

‘Nuff said.

notropis on October 30, 2009 at 1:01 AM

Sample Poll Questions:

1. Is it fair to criticize President Obama if he is really trying as hard as he can, and is a black man?

2. Do you think anyone would criticize President Obama if they did not have some racist motivation behind their negativity?

3. Since President Obama inherited all his problems from George W. Bush, wouldn’t any criticism of how Barack handles things really be a crtiticism of Bush?

blah blah blah