Chris Christie: Man, am I fat

posted at 10:09 pm on October 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

I couldn’t agree more with Cavuto: This is a brilliant piece of retail politics, turning Corzine’s lame digs at his weight into a high-profile opportunity to charm voters. The tone is exactly right and the jokes are actually funny, and he makes sure to remind viewers of how tiny Corzine’s balls are in refusing to take responsibility for the cheap shots he’s been taking. The new dKos poll has Christie up by a single point, which is too close for comfort but still amazing considering that Moneybags (a) has outspent him three to one, (b) is having his campaign more or less run by the White House, replete with campaign appearances by The One, and (c) enjoys vastly wider name recognition given the fact that he’s an incumbent governor and former senator. He enjoys every possible advantage — yet he’s still at grave risk of losing. If there’s a bigger, less appealing loser than him among the ranks of prominent Democrats (aside from Harry Reid, natch), I’d love to know who it is. McDonnell’s win in Virginia next week is more important than what happens in Jersey, but having Christie pull it out would be very, very sweet.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I would have been surprised and dissapointed if Corzine’s particular brand of attack ad did not backfire on him.

4shoes on October 30, 2009 at 12:18 PM

It’s going to come down to whether conservatives are motivated to get the polls and get other conservatives there in NY 23 and NJ.
. . .
DaMav on October 30, 2009 at 12:06 PM

I think that is correct. The candidacy of Daggett is shrinking too, which is also contributing to the increased liklihood of a Christie win.

The reality is setting in that a vote for Daggett is really a vote for Jon Corzine. Someone is going to win, and it is NOT going to be Chris Daggett.

Failing to vote on the part of a few conservatives also amounts to a vote advantage for Jon Corzine as well.

So, Daggett votes and not voting are exactly the same in the sense that they both amount to leaving it up to someone else to decide who will be the Governor of New Jersey for the next four years.

Corzine is a complete disaster.

No one can keep a straight face and make the argument that there is no difference between Corzine and Christie.

There is a world of difference.

Differing with Christie on one or another issue is simply no excuse to allow Jon Corzine to remain in office.

Trochilus on October 30, 2009 at 12:50 PM

sheepard smith is nothing but a big metro sexual lib

he’s all for government health care bullsh!t. im sure he voted for the marxist

cant wait till twinkle toes is gone and works for mslsd

sidewinder22 on October 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Here’s something that I thought all people knew. Fat guys are usually funny. They have to be, it’s all they have. They’ve heard every fat joke in the world thrown their way. They learn to laugh it off. In grade school, the girls didn’t pay attention to them because they weren’t the “cute guy”, so the fat guy tried for that attention, BY MAKING THEM LAUGH.
The fat guy is usually the class clown.

Jeff from WI on October 30, 2009 at 5:42 AM
That’s the truth.
My husband is only 2 inches taller than me-I’m 5 ft. 2-but he out weighs me by 110-115 LBS or so.
He’s a regular laugh riot-which is one of the things I love about him.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 30, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Trochilus on October 30, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Christie is not that liberal! Come the freak on. He’s pro-life (albeit weakly so), anti-environmentalist whacko, pro-low taxes, and anti-gay marriage. That’s about as good as you’re going to get in a True Blue state like New Jersey.

Outlander on October 30, 2009 at 3:21 PM

That’s the truth.
He’s a regular laugh riot-which is one of the things I love about him.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 30, 2009 at 1:37 PM

I rest my case! Been there…done that

Jeff from WI on October 30, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Outlander on October 30, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Hey, you get no argument with me. But there are some out there who will indeed pull their vote on some single issue or other.

I was simply making the point that someone is going to be elected. Anyone who starts from the premise that the reelection of Jon Corzine would be a disaster, should give serious reconsideration to any thought of voting for Independent Chris Daggett.

Any single issue voter in New Jersey this year who will not as a result vote for Chris Christie, or any voter throwing their ballot away on Chris Daggett, will simply be helping Jon Corzine get re-elected.

Trochilus on October 30, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Outlander on October 30, 2009 at 3:21 PM

ps, Chris certainly is not an anti-environmentalist.

Trochilus on October 31, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Here’s an amusing anecdote from a last second appearance in Newark, New Jersey by Robert Kennedy, Jr., who somehow managed to screw up the message at a Corzine rally.

The reporter apparently didn’t notice, but commenters certainly did.

Said Kennedy:

“How can Chris Christie come over and seriously run for governor? It’s time for them (Republicans) to sit down and let someone else run the state.”

Neat trick, given the fact that the Democrats have been completely in charge in New Jersey for the past 8 years! Corzine for the past four, McGreevey (and Codey) for the four years before that.

Not to be out-shown on the stupid meter, then another dim-bulb extraordinaire state Democrat Party Chair, Joe Cryan, declared Corzine:

“the greatest governor in the history of the State of New Jersey.”

Uh huh! The only thing that kept Corzine in the race was an independent candidate the press decided to promote, and Corzine freely spending another huge chunk of his fortune to personally attack Christie. Corzine has nearly 60% negatives.

Trochilus on November 1, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Trochilus, I didn’t hear that Robert Kennedy quote but thank you so much for telling us about it! I am to excited to GOTV tomorrow to sleep tonight so I am praying for a big victory and will do whatever needs to be done to make sure that happens. I live near AC so I will be happy when this is over and hopefully, this will be the last election we have to worry about voter fraud from my neck of the woods as we need Christie to make that stop for good!

I met Christie and think he will do a great job. He won’t be using BHO’s socialist mop cleaning up after Corzine!

margategop517 on November 3, 2009 at 12:58 AM